New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

"They're not getting hurt any further."

By now, Hasunaga had caught on to her strengths and weaknesses. She was fast, there was no denying that, but she didn't hit particularly hard. The hilt once again bounced off... something... which didn't seem that worrisome to him.

"And you're not going anywhere."

A sudden burst of force shot towards her legs, as the man hammered towards her once again. Hasunaga wasn't big on pity when it came to someone who'd threaten children, it seemed.

"You can leave now and never come back. Or you can die. I don't care."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-01 at 04:54 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's eyes widen as Rex starts screaming. "REX!"

She tries to run over to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex closed his eyes, waiting for the dagger to hit... and instead it deflected away. Seizing the moment, he gritted his teeth against the agony as he began to desperately scoot away, using just his legs to slide himself along the ground in slow, agonizing pushes. It was slow progress, but at least he was moving away from Cassandra.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-03 at 03:48 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi tries to help him once she reaches him, using a classic drag that doesn't put pressure on the arm.

She appears to know rudimentary first aid, at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex looked up at Izumi, generally looking like hell. "Izumi... run away..." Granted, he was in no way ungrateful that her drag was a lot less painful than self-powered movement.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-03 at 03:51 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I'm not leaving you behind."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nakahiro appears behind Izumi and Rex, facing Cassandra with his umbrella raised. He cracks a few shots at her, careful to make sure they don't go anywhere near Hasunaga. He looks back briefly at them.

"You two are clear, I'll cover you."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Orc in the Playground

The children were finally having the good sense of leaving. Good. That left him with fewer distractions.

"Seems to me your subjects of terror are leaving. All the better for them.

They don't need to witness your gruesome, pain-filled death."

Hasunaga stared hard at Cassandra. There was definitely killer intent there. Like an enraged animal of some sort. Like a cursed blade.

Like a soldier who was tired of death, and yet sought more of it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina Yoshimoto

Kina didn't move at all. Though she was aware of the girls' movement around her, she did not look up at them and she did not acknowledge their comments any further. She considered running again, but she quickly realized that their positions made it almost impossible; she would barely make it a few feet before they stopped her.

Once they began tugging her, though, Kina began to feel completely helpless. Her arm, torn from its rubbing companion, now reflexively shook angrily against the bully holding it. After a moment, though, Kina stopped, content to just let them pull her around.
    Kina

"Don't worry, you don't need to get all touchy-feely or anything..."

"Yeah, we aren't delinquents or anything."

"But he will ive you some money that you will give to us, got it?" Unspoken menace drips from the end of the last sentence, even as smug grins look down at Kina from above without mercy. Things definitely seemed to be going downhill fast though, especially when Kina's brief bought of angry shaking just prompts the two to squeeze her arms tighter.

Passer-bys were, for the most part, ignoring the scene, perhaps figuring it to be two friends dragging a more reluctant one to an arcade or something, and just brush past the trio. Still...the hairs on the back of Kina's neck stick up as if someone was glaring at what was happening, the source of which abruptly speaks from behind them.

"...What's going on here?" comes the icy demand, prompting both of Kina's tormentors to stiffen and throw anxious glances at one another before slowly turning around. A look of fawning and alarm comes to both of their faces as they titter sheepishly.

"Oh! Inagawa-kai-chan, we didn't see you back there!" The black-haired one gushes.

"Yeah! We were just...taking Kina out for a late lunch." the other says lamely to the imposing figure staring at all three of them without blinking.

Michiko stands not six feet back from the trio, her arms crossed underneath her infamous bust in silent condemnation, icy blue eyes sweeping slowly from one girl to the next, to the next, before finally settling on Kina with a flicker of recognition in her eyes. She looks remarkably un-phased by the sight of another of the students from the gym, or even particularly sore from her injuries the other day from what Kina knew to be a Hollow. Her reputation proceeds her as well...cool to her classmates with rumors about her family, model student and athlete, and easily one of the most popular girls at Fushichou High School. Dyed purple hair and fashionably modified school uniform mark her as decidedly...apart from her fellows.

"...Is that true?" The pointed question is delivered to the middle of the trio, prompting the one on Kina's left to give a warning squeeze of her arm.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

Cassandra noticed something in Hasunaga's last attack. What he was doing, though it involved invisible force, was not impossible to predict. And not just from his movements, either. Whatever he was manipulating was reiatsu, plain and simple! And reiatsu was something that she could see. So, when his attack on her legs came, it may surprise him to see her step on it and use it to vault upwards, sailing into the air.

On her way up, she formed a single rifle in her arms, pressing the trigger once she had reached the apex of her jump. Oddly enough, the bullet didn't fire immediately. Instead, it seemed to contemplate its action, charging its bullet before firing. She seemed to hang in the air, and after a moment the shot fired with five times the force of a normal bullet, more than enough to punch through solid steel.

She landed gracefully, then came back up to a standing position. Her hands once again held blades, though these seemed...different, somehow. They almost seemed to glow with some manner of inherent power. "My gruesome death? No, I think not. You see, you cost me my prey. I don't take very kindly to that. And so, I'm going to have to take it out of your hide, boy!" Despite his glare and fearsome demeanor, she seemed completely unmoved. Because she had seen far worse. Because when it came right down to it, Cassandra was a predator.

And this man had just become her prey.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yeah... except that the whole point of Hasunaga's armor being invisible is that it's invisible EVEN TO THOSE WHO CAN SEE REIATSU. I don't mind her dodging it and/or figuring it out, but please keep that in consideration. Unless she can somehow tag the position of the pieces or "spray-paint" the armor like Carmelia did in their fight, it shouldn't be visible.

The charging up was a painfully obvious clue that this was not something he should take in his sleep. As such, Hasunaga decides to actively deflect it instead - his weapons being more than quick enough for the task.

He had a smirk on his lips when she said that. Heh. Boy. If only she knew.

The fact she'd just changed her weapons to melee just made it all the more interesting for him.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to settle for your own broken body."

Suddenly, he was charging headlong towards her. He came at the woman like a rocket, complete with sparks of Reiatsu at the tip of his feet. Clearly a headlong rush was not the best idea when your opponent had just stepped up her game, right?

However, this time there was no movement that indicated where the next assault would come from. Hasunaga seemed fully committed to his charge, which made the flying fist going towards her legs that much less likely to even be there. Whether either would hit, however, remained to be seen.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Dwarf in the Playground

"But she..." He looked at the fight between Cassandra and Hasunaga, and seemed to reconsider as they were quite occupied with each other. "I... think we should get out of here. I can't fight." Rex slowly pulled himself to his feet, tenderly cradling his arm and breathing sharply from pain with every movement.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods quickly. "All right. Let's get you out of here... do you know of any hospitals that take patients with injuries of a spiritual nature? Because it's going to be awkward if you don't, they'll ask questions we can't answer..."

She'll try to support Rex, wincing. "I wish I had a first aid kit here, I might've been able to make it... less painful... if I did. Not treat it, but still."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I was hopin' you knew." They made a rather amusing sight, Rex's massive frame basically dwarfing the girl helping support him. "Maybe we can say I got hit by a car?" His voice is labored and low and sweat beads his face. Rex is downplaying just how bad shape he's in, but he's probably not fooling anyone.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-04 at 07:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bit specific. I don't really, know, I'm new to the whole thing."

She does have to brace herself against his weight.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I basically did, but I was the one doin' the movin'. Hell, I didn't even know I could do that."

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

"I didn't know I could move like I could, either, before that day we met. Still need to work on that, I think..."

Izumi looks down. "If I hadn't made that mistake..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Meant hittin' her without slowin' down. Never done that before." Rex shook his head adamantly as Izumi looked down. "Not yer fault, Izumi... we were outclassed. If she'd been like a normal Hollow, that hit I landed..." Rex looked a bit uncomfortable as he realized the implications of his attack, "It'd've torn her in half. My mom has a sayin'. 'Always plan to run away.' No shame in retreat. Means we live another day, right?"
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-04 at 07:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods a bit. "I suppose... but I need to find someone to teach me how to actually use these powers."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex stumbled slightly and nearly collapsed again, barely staying upright. "We'll put that on the list right after surviving the night."

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "All right."

{{I think we should wait for the others, now. One of them might have something to say about hospitals. }}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1222

[The School]
    Rooftop

Nakahiro has been keeping pace with Izumi and Rex, not all that impressive an accomplishment given the injured quincy's speed. He takes one last look at the battle between Hasunaga and Cassandra before deciding it's safe and turns back to look at Rex and Izumi. He examines Rex's injuries from a distance for a few seconds, then looks up at them.

"Don't worry about a hospital, I can heal you. It'll take a while and might be...a bit unpleasant, but there won't be any awkward questions."

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks at Rex, waiting for his response.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You can heal people? What's next in this town, dancing ponies?" Rex nodded. "Fine, worth a shot. But we should get further away if it's gonna take a while."

25. - Top - End - #1225

[The School]
    Rooftop

Nakahiro chuckles.

"I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but it's probably possible. Anyway, let's get going. I'll follow you."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods too. "Rex... where did you leave my body? I'll go get back in it, then meet you where you're going, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The charging up was a painfully obvious clue that this was not something he should take in his sleep. As such, Hasunaga decides to actively deflect it instead - his weapons being more than quick enough for the task.

He had a smirk on his lips when she said that. Heh. Boy. If only she knew.

The fact she'd just changed her weapons to melee just made it all the more interesting for him.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to settle for your own broken body."

Suddenly, he was charging headlong towards her. He came at the woman like a rocket, complete with sparks of Reiatsu at the tip of his feet. Clearly a headlong rush was not the best idea when your opponent had just stepped up her game, right?

However, this time there was no movement that indicated where the next assault would come from. Hasunaga seemed fully committed to his charge, which made the flying fist going towards her legs that much less likely to even be there. Whether either would hit, however, remained to be seen.
    So he was charging again. Not exactly subtle, was he? But wait, he was subtle. That was part of the problem. So what was visible wasn't all of what was happening. Suddenly, something twinged in her. It wasn't reiatsu sense, it was something else. Instinct? Yes, it the same thing that had alerted her to the first assault. He was going for her legs again, or something like that. Regardless, she needed to move. So she did.

From a standing position, she suddenly vaulted in the air over his charge and the gauntlet, though dodging the gauntlet was more luck than anything else, and threw down a kusari-gama, but it wasn't aiming for him. Instead, it flew far in front of him, and its purpose wasn't evident until she landed, when it looped around and came back to her, so the chain was wrapped in front of him and in both of her hands. She tightened her hold around him and swung him around, using his momentum against him to fling him into the air.

Once he was there, the chain vanished, replaced by an immense claymore, with which she followed him into the air, swinging it to slam him back into the ground. Play time was officially over.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Orc in the Playground

Well curses on a stick. This wasn't something Hasunaga could have predicted. Even when the chain formed, her reaction had been fast enough that he was unable to tell what would come next. He'd only just regained his balance from the throw and she was already on top of him, Claymore in hand.

Gouka Gunshiki Jin-atari: Daishirahadori!!

The man claps his hands together, and an audible clapping roar is heard as something barely holds the giant sword above his head. There's a sound of screeching metal once again, and sparks fly from just above Hasunaga's head. He's clearly struggling to keep it from coming down, and visible sparks of Reiatsu come out of his feet as he apparently sustains the weight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: if the blade has any flow of Reiatsu, the gauntlets are likely to absorb it. If it IS Reiatsu, then they might absorb the blade itself. Your call.

Gouka Gunshiki: Purgatory Military Method
    Jin-atari: Comes from Jin (blade) and atari (shock, impact, clashing of blades).
    Daishirahadori: Shirahadori is the name commonly given to the technique of grasping the blade with one's naked hands. Dai is big.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's on a rooftop near the cafe. Uh, safe place, safe place... you guys know the town better'n I do. Where can we go?"

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns. "...not sure... I don't know the spiritual landscape here."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.