New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina sat cross-legged on the ground, eyes closed, her mind focusing on several ribbons flowing through the air. She could see each one, fluttering in the air and stretching into the beyond. They surrounded her, some brushing against her as they flowed. The longer she sat and concentrated, the more of the ribbons pushed away, moving back to the beyond from whence they came. Slowly, their numbers dwindled until a few remained. One or two were obvious; they were red, an incredibly odd color considering the dark world around. But the others were all white. From her meditative position, Kina pulled her arm up and grasped one of these white ribbons, pulling it and letting the others flow away.

Her eyes opened and the world around reformed. The ribbon was gone, but Kina could feel the energy it held in her hand. Standing, she looked far off, a hand over her heart. This is too much. Spinning suddenly, Kina swings her left arm out, the cross charm swinging into position. A small energy bow begins to form, slowly trying to pull itself into being in Kina's outstretched hand. Instinctively, she brings her right hand up and pulls back, a large arrow of pure blue light forming. Though the energy glows brightly, it wavers and shimmers. Kina's face tenses. She breathes in, then releases the arrow. It strikes a statue in the courtyard, exploding as it does. Without watching to see her handiwork, Kina spins once more and attempts to draw another arrow. This time, however, her hand stops halfway back. She tries to concentrate, focusing all her energies into pulling that one hand back. Particles in the air begin pulling towards her as she tries to draw in energy. But the strain becomes too much. Unable to hold on, Kina lets go, the bow and the arrow exploding in front of her. She lands on her back almost three feet away.

Groaning, Kina pushes herself to her knees, then to her feet. I will...I will get better. For you, Grandfather. I will get stronger. Her left arm outstretched, Kina closes her eyes and focuses. The cross charm swings again, and the small bow forms once more. Kina brings her right arm up and begins to pull an arrow, but once again stops halfway. Don't...stop...Kina... She continues to pull, trying to draw the ambient energy in the air down to her hand, but as she pulls the energy in the arrow begins to waver. Unable to complete it, Kina releases, an explosion once again throwing her back.

An old lady rushes out into the courtyard as Kina lands. "Kina, dear, you can't push yourself so much. You won't get any further just by throwing yourself into the same situation!" Kina shrugs off the woman's kind hand. Again she stands, holding her arm out, the cross dangling in the air.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

The cold-eyed delinquent looks steadily at Yuudai as he asks his question, as if marveling at the sort of mind that could come up with that sort of inquiry.

"Yes, we are. Unless you know of some other resident 'monster' expert who can explain this sort of thing to us?" Michiko says sarcastically, prevented from continuing along that line of snarking by the sudden reappearance of the two little girls with trays of tea.

"..." She remains silent until the two begin to leave for their own room, face slowly turning purple as her hands tightened into fists.

"I'm not dating him!" She asserts firmly to their retreating backs, casting a side-long glare over at her second in command. Obviously this was his fault after all...for having sisters and for making her meet with him in such clearly suspicious ways.
    Yuudai

Yuudai cursed his sisters in his mind, they sure weren't making it easy for him to avoid death. "Th-they're such little brats, right Michiko-Sama?" Yuudai said nervously as he walked with the tea to his room. Yuudai's room was rather small, consisting of a single bed, a cabinet, and a writing desk that seemed to be gathering dust. The walls look rather bare, but if Michiko looked closely she'd see some bent staples.

At this time the two can hear the door open. "Michiko? Yuudai?" The older sister asks as she enters the house, two large shopping bags in hand. She eventually locates them in his room. "Oh, there you are." She said in relief, dropping the two bags. "I hope Yuudai's been treating you well."

A little too well.
    One of the twins' voices was heard coming through the wall.
    "... Right. I brought you some aspirin and some ice. Remember to keep pressure." Fuyuko reminded the girl, handing the bag of ice over. "Yuudai, go get her some water." The boy agreed and left the room. "If you're staying here then you can sleep in the guest room."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Venti Buon

Rex scanned the crowd as he sipped his coffee, his height making it easy to see over everyone's heads. The pseudo-Hollow he'd met earlier was in deep conversation with a girl; he'd keep an eye on them. However, someone else caught his eye... a punkish-looking American girl who rather stood out, not least for possessing reiatsu. He wandered over to Beck.

"Hey there. I'm still kind of new in town... you're from Phoenix Town High School, right? I just transferred in and figured it'd be good to make some friends since there's a weird feeling in the air." He gave her a meaningful look.
    Beck looks at Rex. With an accent like that, he is soooo from Texas. And at his latest remark, she raised her eyebrow and looked at him in a sort of bemused way. Oh? What's that supposed to mean? She asked teasingly, ruffling her hair, her Quincy cross bracelet glinting silver.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

"Yuudai's been the perfect gentleman...except for one minor incident, but I may have to strangle your younger sisters." Michiko says entirely too evenly when Fuyuko enters the room but she wasn't serious...right?...Right?

"...I need someone else to hold it. The bruise is on my back." she says in that same unnervingly calm tone of voice, as if she was masking some great anger behind a polite facade to maintain apperances. Quickly Michiko turns her back to the two, even as Yuudai left, and lifts up her borrowed shirt enough to expose the large and vaguely hand-shaped bruise across pale skin. The perv actually caught sight of some other pale skin before he was out of the room, but Michiko's steely gaze was on the wall.

"I'm sorry Fuyuko-san, but I can't stay here tonight. Once the edge is taken off, I need to go to a shrine." she says softly, wincing a bit when the ice pack is first applied.

==================

Not too long afterwards...

Michiko walked up to Houheiden Shrine quietly, feeling the sense of quiet reverence that came with a calm night and a sacred spot. She always liked shrines, people were usually much quieter and willing to leave her be, especially if the delinquent looked like she was in the middle of a prayer. But there were lights on here...likely where Sayaka and her parents lived. Taking a deep breath to settle her frazzled nerves, the purple-and-black hair girl walks up to the door and raps on it with her knuckles loudly.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-10-09 at 07:56 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Before

After Michiko left, Yuudai got his things together and was about to leave the house before he got interrupted by his twin step-sisters once more.

"We know you don't have a lot of cash."
    "So we're giving you a bit so you can afford to buy the deluxe suite at that "shrine" or whatever." The twins said, both of them winking.

Yuudai groaned, glaring at them, took the money anyway, and left the house.

After

Yuudai eventually caught up to Michiko at the door of the shrine, having brought along some of his belongings including some bottled water, a pillow, and his sword. He also brought the aspirin. He was out of breath, clearly he ran. He tried, however, to hide this fact. 'Real men don't need to run, the world waits for them.', he thought.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Beck looks at Rex. With an accent like that, he is soooo from Texas. And at his latest remark, she raised her eyebrow and looked at him in a sort of bemused way. Oh? What's that supposed to mean? She asked teasingly, ruffling her hair, her Quincy cross bracelet glinting silver.
    "Oh, nothin' much. Just call it a hunch." Rex grinned and let his own reiatsu flare just the slightest bit as he extended a hand to shake, his Texas star Quincy cross dangling from the offered wrist. "Name's Rex Irons."

((OOC: Beck may have heard of the Irons clan; they're generally considered weird by other Quincies for reshaping their bows.))
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-10 at 01:30 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Flaring reiatsu, unfortunately, caught the attention of said girl, who's head jerked up as she looked at the Quincy Texan.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-10 at 01:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden Shrine - Night]

Sayaka opened the door and seemed a little surprised. Of course she was surprised, but most of it was hidden, maybe because she was tired, or because always with a neutral feeling.

"Ms. Inagawa-kai and Mr. Aoki. I did not expect to see you this evening."

If she was formal and confused, when she saw Yuudai's pillow and the clothes being worn, she stepped to the side to show them inside.

"You are welcome to stay tonight. There is still some food from dinner if you would like. Ah, please also be warned of my father's childish behavior."

Such an embarrassment seemed to become used to for her because she was resigned now that Michiko was here to see him.

Maybe she had given up hope for 'normal' life for tonight.

But sleepover parties are supposed to be fun, yes?

So Haruaki appeared humming a cheerful song and with extra futons.

Such was a certain happy family.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan's grip on a cup slips as the reiatsu is fared, leading to him scrambling to not let the glass fall and then falling behind the counter himself.

But hey, at least he saved the glass.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Flaring reiatsu, unfortunately, caught the attention of said girl, who's head jerked up as she looked at the Quincy Texan.
    Sora catches the flaring Reiatsu, and suddenly the usual feeling of his is cut.

As in, the Hollow scent that usually emits from him suddenly vanished.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Donovan's grip on a cup slips as the reiatsu is fared, leading to him scrambling to not let the glass fall and then falling behind the counter himself.

But hey, at least he saved the glass.
    Rosa happened to go to get an order when this happened. Still with that same smile, she looks down towards Donovan. "Donovan-sama, are you alright?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan is already scrambling back to his feet.

"Yes, yes, I am fine."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Rosa nods her head, then does the exchange of orders. "...A caramel exspresso, with an extra shot of caramel, a double mocha latte, an iced coffee..." A few moments later, she's ready to make another round.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

The delinquent girl glances back as Yuudai approaches, giving a small (and not often seen) smile at the other's attempts to preserve his dignity by not gasping for breath behind her. Course, then Sayaka finally showed and the inscrutable mask was back in place.

Look aloof, proud, inscrutable. Don't give any hints to how you're really feeling.

"I wasn't expecting to be coming here either when I woke up this morning, but things are different now." Michiko replies evenly, but then the other second year turns as if to get her father the purple-haired girl reaches out quickly to grab hold of Sayaka's hand and turn her back around to face Michiko.

"Actually Sayaka, I came here to talk to you. A lot of...strange things happened today that I would like some explanations for." The intensity in the girl's light blue is shocking, trying to convey to the shrine maiden girl just how very serious she was being. Course, it COULD be interpreted in another fashion to those with a different mind-set but Michiko was fixated on the unusual events that had happened today, "...And I think that Yuudai came along because he wants the same answers and a place to sleep tonight where his family won't be in danger."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-10-10 at 02:38 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #255

Beck smiled, but it was a smile that was just a mask, a smile that said, You should have more common sense than to be flaring your reiatsu so openly. It didn't help that as she shook his hand, her grip was dangerously tight. She let go and said, I'm Beck Williams, nice to meet you, Rex. Why don't you come join me at my table? It looks like we've got a lot to talk about. She flashes Sora one last look before going to sit down.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #256

Sora pretends not to notice, and drains his coffee.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beck smiled, but it was a smile that was just a mask, a smile that said, You should have more common sense than to be flaring your reiatsu so openly. It didn't help that as she shook his hand, her grip was dangerously tight. She let go and said, I'm Beck Williams, nice to meet you, Rex. Why don't you come join me at my table? It looks like we've got a lot to talk about. She flashes Sora one last look before going to sit down.
    Rex didn't really notice her grip; he was used to impromptu strength matches with his older brother and was unfazed by such things. He raised a quizzical eyebrow at her forced smile, but shrugged amicably. "I think that's a safe bet. Can I buy you a coffee?" He grinned at her as he followed her to the table, and lowered his voice to speak. "Have to say I wasn't expecting to meet another of us here."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-11 at 03:25 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

18. - Top - End - #258

Beck ignores him and sips her mochaccino. After a while, she says, I didn't expect to meet another one either. And certainly not one who is so flashy that he might as well be wearing a neon sign.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beck ignores him and sips her mochaccino. After a while, she says, I didn't expect to meet another one either. And certainly not one who is so flashy that he might as well be wearing a neon sign.
    "What? It was safe, there's no Hollows around. The area cleared out. Well, except that one guy, but he already knows about me." Rex shrugged. "It's not like spiritually aware people are crawlin' outta the woodwork or anything."

20. - Top - End - #260

Um. Beck said. This might surprise you, but yes, they are. My substitute teacher, for example. That guy. The girl beside him had some reiatsu funk going on too, although it was quieter. And this might be going a long way, but I'm going to guess that many of the people in Phoenix High have....let's just say...strange powers.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

21. - Top - End - #261

Sora suddenly says to Izumi, in a fairly loud tone of voice,

"Hey Izumi, you know what's great? Not having any crazy things happen around you! Yep. Nothing could be better."

Oh Sora, you're such a bad liar.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Um. Beck said. This might surprise you, but yes, they are. My substitute teacher, for example. That guy. The girl beside him had some reiatsu funk going on too, although it was quieter. And this might be going a long way, but I'm going to guess that many of the people in Phoenix High have....let's just say...strange powers.
    Rex blinked a few times. "Really? Oh. Uh. Ain't that somethin'. Looks like this exchange is gonna be more interesting than I thought. Any idea why, or is this place just weird? I mean, back home there were only maybe eight or ten of us coverin' everywhere within 60 miles of San Antone." He took a long drink of his coffee to give himself time to think. Oh, sweet, sweet caffeine. "Guess it's pretty obvious I only got here like a week ago. Anything else I should know about Phoenix Town?"

23. - Top - End - #263

Beck grinned broadly. Join the club. This place is full of surprises, so make sure to be on your guard. And another thing? She leaned in closer and muted her voice. Don't get on the principal's bad side. You'll regret it, I promise. With that cryptic message, she leaned back into her seat and finished her mochaccino. She took out a pen and a pad of stickies from her purse and scribbled down an address. Handing it to Rex, she told him, This is where I live. If you ever need to talk, come find me here. I'm on the third floor, room 307.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nodded. "Oh, yes, that would be nice..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka was turned back to face Michiko with a surprised look on her face. She struggled to have the neutral expression on her face stay, and to avoid Michiko's eyes even though they were intense.

"I know. I understand, that was what I offered." She tried to step a little back.

"One of the first year students, Ken, is here too for that reason. Of course you can stay tonight. But we only have one guest bedroom."

She looked at Yuudai and then at Michiko again, her neutral look normal again.

"I'll explain tomorrow. Ken suggested that the others come after school so only must be explained once."

"I'll get the bath ready, but if you would like some food first, I can instead prepare for that. It seems my father is putting another futon in the guest room, mr. Aoki."

Sayaka said, to hear the footsteps around the corner. She looked back at Michiko.

"You can use my bed. Will you let go of my arm now?" She asked.

Erima and Takara
    [Home]

Returning home at last, the sleepy scarf was tossed pleasantly onto her bed by Takara, and with a "Pon!" sound, Erima was lying there in her pajamas, like she was in the morning when Takara had grabbed her being late for school.

Erima rubbed her eyes. "Mm? First day of school is finished. High school is very different from junior high school I think, Takara."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

Michiko releases Sayaka's arm, albiet reluctantly, as the other says her piece and mentions that another of the students had already arrived at the shrine.

Only one? Perhaps something already happened to the others...or they do not believe Sayaka's claim that other beings might possibly 'sense' them or some such. I don't think she lied about that...hard to tell with her.

"...If it must be tomorrow, then fine. And, with your permission, I think that I would prefer to head to sleep now rather then later. I'm still cold and I still ache a bit, some sleep would do me good." she finally says with a bit of a sigh. Michiko had really wanted to get her answers tonight to avoid that little gathering tomorrow entirely, but perhaps there would be some benefit to it that she hadn't guessed at. After all, weren't they all in the same boat?

"Yuudai, you are staying the night, right?" she says a bit uncertainly, looking back over her shoulder at her surprisingly quiet second.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beck grinned broadly. Join the club. This place is full of surprises, so make sure to be on your guard. And another thing? She leaned in closer and muted her voice. Don't get on the principal's bad side. You'll regret it, I promise. With that cryptic message, she leaned back into her seat and finished her mochaccino. She took out a pen and a pad of stickies from her purse and scribbled down an address. Handing it to Rex, she told him, This is where I live. If you ever need to talk, come find me here. I'm on the third floor, room 307.
    Rex takes a moment to memorize the address even as he tears the bottom half of the paper off to write his own address. "Thanks... I'm still gettin' my bearings here. Anyone else I should know?" He glances over at Sora. "And is he always that bad a liar? Suddenly I don't feel so bad about being obvious by accident..." A thought struck him, making him groan and lightly facepalm. "You don't think the guy behind the counter fell because of me, do you? Now I feel kinda bad..."

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi nodded. "Oh, yes, that would be nice..."
    Sora nods, and then thinks for a second.

"I think I'm going to head home for a while, I'm feeling pretty tired as is."

29. - Top - End - #269

Beck grins. Perhaps he did fall because of you. Who knows? There's at least three of us here, if not more, with spiritual power. Maybe your little display just tipped the scale or something. And Sora...yeah, he lies. I just met him a little while ago, but from what I can tell... she rolls her eyes. Yup, he's a liar. And by the way, were you at school today? I don't remember seeing you...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "Is everyone who got involved meeting or anything like that?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.