New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

*Trying* to be clever in thread and actually succeding are seldom the same thing...

In the Halloween WW game, I thought I had cleverly concealed the fact that I was a Mason in my RP'ing on Day 1. It was so good that neither of the other Masons saw it. Neither, unfortunately did the Seer.

But the wolves apparently did.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I can count at least three seers I've found and murdered through their actions taken against me, without them even uttering a word. There are more, but those three are the only ones I remember at the moment.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I can count at least three seers I've found and murdered through their actions taken against me, without them even uttering a word. There are more, but those three are the only ones I remember at the moment.
    Subtlety is a lost art. Which is why I prefer rocket boots to the face.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

I tend to both look for and weave subtlety myself by working with what is not done, instead of what is. Generally people can look over their own posts and see if they're doing something wrong, though there are exceptions. But they rarely stop to think 'What is it that I haven't done that I would've done if I were Role X?'
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #455

I have an idea for a werewolf game and am thinking of running it. It'll only be a small game

WW: Gnome Way to Conduct Politics -- Revised

Spoiler
    Show

Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is a monumental occasion for the Dwarves and the Elves. For years the Dwarves and the Elves have had a certain hatred for each other, under the rule of the Late Dwarven King Giblet. Now his son, Prince Vost is in command and he hopes to make a difference. After years of trade wars against each other while, the Elves have traversed the dangerous land between their Homeland and the Homeland of the Dwarves to have meetings about a possible alliance. Talks are going swimmingly until one morning a dwarf is found dead, stabbed in the back by a blade of unknown origin. The Dwarves leap to the conclusion that it is the elves, the elves claim it was a dwarf. What they don’t know is that it could have been either…

A powerful gnome assassin has breached the castle and has disguised himself as one of the inhabitants. Using his powers, he has ‘hypnotised’ a number of the dwarven and elven retinue to do his bidding. His objective – petty revenge, there should be no alliance between the Dwarves and the Elves…

Three sides, the Dwarves, the Elves and the Gnomes (well, 1 Gnome and x ‘wolves’)

Victory Conditions:

Dwarves and Elves - Find and Kill Imbroglio the Gnome and the Corrupted

Wolves- Kill the Two Princes, the Senchal and the Law Master. This will successfully accieve your aims of creating unrest.

~or~

Bring the number of Dwarves and Elves to equal yours.

Edit: Based on a Game played at last years UKitP meetup... Thought I'd already put that in here, but obviously I didn't

Important Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Only looking for 20 players max, start off small
    Don’t necessarily need co-narrator as is small game/
    Planning on starting early Feb… Will give more accurate date at later point
    Additional Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule Under Helgraf’s Scry Interference Rule, any attempt by multiple scryers (Seer, Fool, Devil, etc.) to scry the same target on the same night will result in ‘interference’, i.e. no result.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Prince Vost [Attuned Dwarf]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarven Prince:
    During the Day
    May Point as Normal. His point counts as two.
    During the Night
    None

Knows the identity of the Senchal. The Prince, as a noble man has attuned senses, so will know if he has been scryed

The Senchal Kol[Seer/Fool]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Chief Adviser to the Prince:
    During the Day
    May Point As Normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as an Elf. Cannot Scry the Prince out of respect.

Knows the identity of the Prince. May be fool, he does not know

Guardsmen [Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dwarven Guards. Have been away on a mission and have just returned, so do not know the identity of anyone other than themselves. The Guardsmen know each other and are sure of each other's identities and must try and protect each other.

Oxen, the Village Drunk [Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Uncle of the Prince:
    During the Day
    May Point as Normal
    During the Night
    Can protect someone he thinks in vulnerable during the night. However, he CANNOT Bane himself.

Dwarven Courtier [Villager]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Courtiers are very standard. They can point during daytime in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities.

The Elves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Frey [Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Elven Prince:
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Elf-Song. May be used once every two nights. The magical power of this song helps to protect one elf. The Elf-Prince cannot bane himself.

The Prince knows the identity of the Law Master. The Prince, as a noble man has attuned senses, so will know if he has been scryed

The Law Master [Seer/Fool]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wise Law Master of the Elves:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as a Dwarf. Cannot Scry the Prince out of respect.

The Law Master knows the identity of the Prince. Law Master may be a fool, but he does not know

Elven Retinue [Villagers]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Small group of elves that came to the dwarven lands with the Elf Prince. They very standard. They can point during daytime in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities.

The Attackers (Wolves)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imbroglio the Gnome [Devil]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gnome Assasin:
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    As a Gnome, he is small and can fit into small places, such as cupboards. Perfect for spying on people. Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to spy on one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf and their specific role. Knows identity of all the corrupted and the Potion Master.

Corrupted [Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    These Dwarves and Elves have been ‘hypnotised’ by Imbroglio and during the night will attack a member of the court.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Can select a night kill.

Know the identity of other corrupted, the Potion Master and Imbroglio.

Potion Master [Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A corrupted Dwarven potion master who during the night will attack a member of the court.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Can contribute to night kill

As a master poisiner by trade, if one of the corrupted is lynched with over 50% of the votes, he may choose to poison one of the lynchers (randomly selected by the Narrator) in the ensuing chaos as long as he did not vote on that bandwagon.

Know the identity of other corrupted and Imbroglio.

What do you think?
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-16 at 01:33 PM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

6. - Top - End - #456
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    I have an idea for a werewolf game and am thinking of running it. It'll only be a small game

WW: Gnome Way to Conduct Politics

Spoiler
    Show

Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is a monumental occasion for the Dwarves and the Elves. For years the Dwarves and the Elves have had a certain hatred for each other, under the rule of the Late Dwarven King Giblet. Now his son, Prince Vost is in command and he hopes to make a difference. After years of trade wars against each other while, the Elves have traversed the dangerous land between their Homeland and the Homeland of the Dwarves to have meetings about a possible alliance. Talks are going swimmingly until one morning a dwarf is found dead, stabbed in the back by a blade of unknown origin. The Dwarves leap to the conclusion that it is the elves, the elves claim it was a dwarf. What they don’t know is that it could have been either…

A powerful gnome assassin has breached the castle and has disguised himself as one of the inhabitants. Using his powers, he has ‘hypnotised’ a number of the dwarven and elven retinue to do his bidding. His objective – petty revenge, there should be no alliance between the Dwarves and the Elves…

Three sides, the Dwarves, the Elves and the Gnomes (well, 1 Gnome and x ‘wolves’)

Victory Conditions:

Wolves- Kill the Two Princes, the Senchal and the Law Master. This will successfully accieve your aims of creating unrest.

~or~

Important Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Don’t necessarily need co-narrator as is small game/
    Additional Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule Under Helgraf’s Scry Interference Rule, any attempt by multiple scryers (Seer, Fool, Devil, etc.) to scry the same target on the same night will result in ‘interference’, i.e. no result.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarven Prince:
    During the Day
    During the Night
    None

Knows the identity of the Prince and the Drunken Uncle Oxen The Prince, as a noble man has attuned senses, so will know if he has been scryed.

The Senchal Kol[Seer]
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Day
    May Point As Normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as an Elf.

Knows the identity of the Prince and the Drunken Uncle Oxen. Unfortunatly he and Uncle Oxen have not always seen eye to eye, he considers him to be incompetent and a disgrace to the Dwarven Community. The Senchal will therefore turn down any offer of protection Drunk Uncle Oxen may offer.

Guardsmen [Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dwarven Guards. Have been away on a mission and have just returned, so do not know the identity of anyone other than themselves. The Guardsmen know each other and are sure of each other's identities and must try and protect each other.

Drunk Uncle Oxen [Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Uncle of the Prince:
    During the Day
    May Point as Normal
    During the Night
    Can protect someone he thinks in vunerable during the night. However, he CANNOT Bane himself.

Unfortunatly he and the Senchal have not always seen eye to eye, he considers him to be slimy, sly and dictatorial. It is against Uncle Oxen’s Principles to bane the Senchal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Villagers are very standard. They can point during day time in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities.

The Elves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Frey [Alpha Elf/Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Elven Prince:
    During the Day
    May point as normal, but the point counts for two.
    During the Night
    Elf-Song. May be used once every two nights. The magical power of this song helps to protect one elf. The Elf-Prince cannot bane himself.

The Prince knows the identity of the Law Master. The Prince, as a noble man has attuned senses, so will know if he has been scryed

The Law Master [Seer]
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as a Dwarf.

The Law Master knows the identity of the Prince

Spoiler
    Show
    A Small group of elves who came to the dwarven lands with the Elf Prince:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    No Action

The Attackers (Wolves)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gnome Assasin:
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    As a Gnome, he is small and can fit into small places, such as cupboards. Perfect for spying on people. Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to spy on one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf and their specific role.

Corrupted [Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    These Dwarves and Elfs have been ‘hypnotised’ by Imbroglio and during the night will attack a member of the court.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Just try not to die.

What do you think?
    Is this based on a certain game that occurred at the meetup?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Is this based on a certain game that occurred at the meetup?
    ...maybe

Edit: I thought I said that in the post, but turns out I didn't...
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-16 at 09:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

I'm back.

As for that game's rules, I feel they heavily favour the villagers. Two teams of villagers is exactly the same as one team of villagers since their goals are the same. And there's a bunch of seers, a bunch of baners, a bunch of other powerroles and a bunch of masons, some of which even know each other. The wolves have the traditional list. Something I missed or does this just scream steamroll?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm back.

As for that game's rules, I feel they heavily favour the villagers. Two teams of villagers is exactly the same as one team of villagers since their goals are the same. And there's a bunch of seers, a bunch of baners, a bunch of other powerroles and a bunch of masons, some of which even know each other. The wolves have the traditional list. Something I missed or does this just scream steamroll?
    Effectivly, the two teams are one team. Number wise, I've worked it out that c.25% of the players will be wolves so it should work out the same as other WW games. I supose I might have a few powerrolls that are unncessary. Could maybe remove the masons and maybe Uncle Oxen...

Then again, one of the only ways to find how well it works is to play it...

Thanks for the feedback though. Do you think it would work better as a larger game then?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Effectivly, the two teams are one team. Number wise, I've worked it out that c.25% of the players will be wolves so it should work out the same as other WW games. I supose I might have a few powerrolls that are unncessary. Could maybe remove the masons and maybe Uncle Oxen...

Then again, one of the only ways to find how well it works is to play it...

Thanks for the feedback though. Do you think it would work better as a larger game then?
    I believe the power-balance of the roles is inherently skewed here.

The traditional role list, generally held to be a bit skewed against the wolves:

Village(75-80%):
    Seer
    Fool
    Baner
    Masons
    Villagers

Wolves(20-25%):
    Devil
    Wolves

Your game:

Village(75-80%):
    Seer(Knows baner and doublevote)
    Doublevote (see above, knows if scried)
    Baner (see above, can't bane seer or himself)
    Masons
    Doublevote2 (can also bane every second night, not himself, knows seer2, knows if scried)
    Seer2 (knows above)
    Villagers

Wolves:
    Alpha/Devil
    Wolves

Now, take into account that the traditional version is slightly skewed against the wolves. Your version adds a lot more power to the village, without giving anything to the wolves except their Alpha scrying as a villager. However, this can be circumvented by having both seers check someone before accepting him into the network, as they scry him differently. There's also no fools, so not even a short time of uncertainty for the seers in the beginning.

And people, especially powerroles, knowing each other in the start is extremely powerful. For instance, Prince Vost could come out on day one, gathering every single villager role together, since he knows a baner right off. And could even if he didn't, or a single Mason could do it. There's no way I see the wolves winning this.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461

I believe the power-balance of the roles is inherently skewed here.

Your game:

Village(75-80%):
    Seer(Knows baner and doublevote)
    Doublevote (see above, knows if scried)
    Baner (see above, can't bane seer or himself)
    Masons
    Doublevote2 (can also bane every second night, not himself, knows seer2, knows if scried)
    Seer2 (knows above)
    Villagers

Wolves:
    Alpha/Devil
    Wolves

And people, especially powerroles, knowing each other in the start is extremely powerful. For instance, Prince Vost could come out on day one, gathering every single villager role together, since he knows a baner right off. And could even if he didn't, or a single Mason could do it. There's no way I see the wolves winning this.
    Ok then, say I have one of the seers being a fool, but neither knows which (I'll choose randomly when allocating roles), the Dwarf Prince and Senchal not knowing the baner, the seers/fools not being able to scry the princes and the Elf prince not having double vote.

Would that balance everything more

Village(75-80%):
    Seer(might be fool. Can't scry double vote)
    Doublevote (knows if scried. knows Seer.)
    Baner (can't bane himself)
    Masons
    Baner 2 (can bane every second night, not himself, knows if scried. Knows seerl2.)
    Seer2 (might be fool. Can't scry Baner 2)
    Villagers

Wolves 25-20%:
    Alpha/Devil
    Wolves
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-16 at 09:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Slightly, but it's still pretty skewed in my opinion. I'd give the wolves more roles and make it a larger game, to balance things out.

But there's promise in the setting, that'd, I think, make for a better, more interesting game variant. What if you worked on a method to actually make the two village teams different from each other? They'd have their own, separate and at least partly mutually exclusive goals, but they'd need to work together at least to some extent to beat the wolves. Might be fun.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463

Slightly, but it's still pretty skewed in my opinion. I'd give the wolves more roles and make it a larger game, to balance things out.

But there's promise in the setting, that'd, I think, make for a better, more interesting game variant. What if you worked on a method to actually make the two village teams different from each other? They'd have their own, separate and at least partly mutually exclusive goals, but they'd need to work together at least to some extent to beat the wolves. Might be fun.
    I think I will try running it in it's improved state first, just to see what else can be gleaned from this. While the recruitment stage is happening, I'll tweak it to try and balance it. We'll soon know if it doesn't work in its current state

Added in another ability for Imbroglio :

As a master poisoned by trade, if one of the corrupted is lynched with over 50% of the votes, he may choose to poison one of the lynchers (randomly selected by the Narrator) in the ensuing chaos.

Thanks for the feedback though, it's been really useful. I've never run a WW game before, so it's all a bit of a new experience.

Revised Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

WW: Gnome Way to Conduct Politics -- Revised

Spoiler
    Show

Introduction
    Spoiler
    Show

Victory Conditions:

Wolves- Kill the Two Princes, the Senchal and the Law Master. This will successfully achieve your aims of creating unrest.

~or~

Edit: Based on a Game played at last years UKitP meet up... Thought I'd already put that in here, but obviously I didn't

Important Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Don’t necessarily need co-narrator, as is small game/
    Additional Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Dwarven Prince:
    During the Day
    During the Night
    None

Knows the identity of the Senchal. The Prince, as a noble man has attuned senses, so will know if he has been scryed

The Senchal Kol[Seer/Fool]
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Day
    May Point As Normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as an Elf. Cannot Scry the Prince out of respect.

Knows the identity of the Prince. May be fool, he does not know

Guardsmen [Mason]
    Spoiler
    Show

Oxen, the Village Drunk [Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Uncle of the Prince:
    During the Day
    May Point as Normal
    During the Night
    Can protect someone he thinks in vulnerable during the night. However, he CANNOT Bane himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Courtiers are very standard. They can point during daytime in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities.

The Elves (Villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Frey [Baner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Elven Prince:
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night

The Law Master [Seer/Fool]
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Day
    May point as normal
    During the Night
    Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to look into the heart of one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf, or corrupted. Seers see Imbroglio the Gnome as a Dwarf. Cannot Scry the Prince out of respect.

The Law Master knows the identity of the Prince. Law Master may be a fool, but he does not know

Spoiler
    Show
    A Small group of elves that came to the dwarven lands with the Elf Prince. They very standard. They can point during daytime in order to lynch someone, but have no night abilities.

The Attackers (Wolves)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gnome Assassin:
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    As a Gnome, he is small and can fit into small places, such as cupboards. Perfect for spying on people. Each night phase, they may PM the Narrator to spy on one other player. When they select a player, the answer given to you will be Dwarf/Elf and their specific role. Knows identity of all the corrupted and the Potion Master.

Corrupted [Wolf]
    Spoiler
    Show
    These Dwarves and Elves have been ‘hypnotised’ by Imbroglio and during the night will attack a member of the court.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    Can select a night kill.

Know the identity of other corrupted, the Potion Master and Imbroglio.

Potion Master [Poisoner]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Dwarven traitor who was a supporter of the old king and who hates the Elves.
    During the Day
    May point as normal.
    During the Night
    As a master poisoner by trade, if one of the corrupted is lynched with over 50% of the votes, he may choose to poison one of the lynchers (randomly selected by the Narrator) in the ensuing chaos as long as he did not vote on that bandwagon.

Know the identity of other corrupted and Imbroglio.

Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2011-01-16 at 01:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    It would be good to give us the link. Like that:

Spoiler
    Show
    Brilliant :D

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

I'd give that poisoner ability to another wolf powerrole, instead of the devil. He's already both the Alpha and the Devil, and giving too much of a team's powers to one role risks that role being day-1-lynched or autoed or whatever.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466

I'd give that poisoner ability to another wolf powerrole, instead of the devil. He's already both the Alpha and the Devil, and giving too much of a team's powers to one role risks that role being day-1-lynched or autoed or whatever.
    yeah, good point. Potion Master Added to Wolves

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahhh Murska. Always looking out on the Wolves' behalf. Such a constant little thing.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

You could also add win conditions for the Dwarves and Elves that COULD be competitive. Sort of encrouage The Gnome's original plan. Get them snipin each other.
    Not an Englishman, just an Anglophone Canadian. But yes, I am crunchy.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

We could really use more players in the third witchunt game. I know there is a lot of rules, but I can clarify things by PM, so please join.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have 3 ideas for WW games based on some different TV Series, I would be willing to participate in any of them, butI can't host any of them.

X-Files (late):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sides would be the colonists, the rebel aliens, the test subjects, the conspirators, and FBI agents. There would have to be some combining of sides to make it work. Scully, Mulder, and Cancer Man would all be power roles, but of course more would have to be determined. How exactly this would work, I don't know, the rest of it someone else would have to piece together. This is still very sketchy, but it would be so cool if someone pieced it together! I would at the least read it.

Loony Tunes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, Mars Martian would be the only mafia would have Martian minions, and would be mafia, but there would be a war between the hero and villain civilians. If a character voted for their appropriate counter part (like Tweety for Sylvester or vice-versa) they would get extra votes, how many I have not decided. Certainly some heros and some villains would have to have power roles on their team, but which character gets what I don't know. Once Do-Do (neutral character) gets killed, players then vote for who they want to not kill is scried, that scrier becomes a fool. It would be randomly determined among those that got the fewest votes who is killed. no one may vote for him/herself. No one would know who is on their side.

Items: (although when and how the items are introduced I have not decided) (When Do-Do dies?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Dynamite: Is PMed to a player at random. Should read something like "Dynamite: 3..." They have 24 Hrs (or less?) to PM it to another player. It will then read "Dynamite: 2..." then the D1 poster gets to decide who to blow up. When someone gets dynamite, they also need to forward the message to the narrator. If it is longer than 24 Hrs, they blow up.

Mallet: Still not sure about this one. One idea was that the player get a night kill. still not sure, but what is Loony Toons W/O mallets?

Needle: Not sure on this one, something defensive.

The Mallet and needle are held by a player until the player is killed. If night kill, randomly distributed. If lynched, then a random lyncher.

Win conditions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hero win: Kill all villains and Mars Martian
    Villain win: Kill all heroes and Mars Martian
    Mars Martian win: Destroy the Earth (Kill everyone except himself)
    Do-Do win: Survival until another team wins

All Dogs Go to Heaven (series): (I don't think a lot of people watched this as kids, but I still kindof enjoy it, but maybe people have)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a good feeling that my roles need some serious balance/complexity issues, but whoever hosts can of course do their own thing. Civilians are referred to as CDs (city dogs)

Good Roles (know each other, but don't know those that don't know them):
    Spoiler
    Show

Anabell: Alpha (except here for good guys), Night (maybe day?) baner
    Charlie: Not sure on the main ability, gets multiple votes against Manfred,
    Itchy: Scrier

Masons:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bess: Knows if she voted for Manfred or Itchy previous day, mason
    Sasha: Knows if she accidently voted for Charlie, mason
    Gerta: mason

Bad Guys (Know each other, but don't know those that don't know them):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonna: Alpha Wolf, Beast
    Carface: Not sure, obviously Charlie's counterpart.
    Killer: Scrier

Bad guys (do not know anyone):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Manfred: gets extra votes if he votes for Itchy

Wild (Wylde?) Pack (know each other):
    Spoiler
    Show

Otto: Wild Pack collapses if he is killed. They become city dogs, but still scry as wild pack. Choose an appropriate number of Wild Pack members. Members are incapable of voting for Otto. Wild pack win (if otto survives): Charlie, Itchy, Carface, and Killer are all eliminated. Interrupts and ends game even if Belladonna remains. CDs are counted as lose, Belladonna as win. (All remaining CDs have been recruited as Wild Pack)
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-01-19 at 09:32 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't it kind of hard for Mars Martian to win? Also, how does the save would work? You say chose, but in the next sentence say it's random.

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Isn't it kind of hard for Mars Martian to win? Also, how does the save would work? You say chose, but in the next sentence say it's random.
    I mean save as in protect. Basically, it works opposite of a normal Mafia game. The players with the fewest votes are randomly determined by the narrator as far as who gets eliminated. As far as baned, i do not have any ideas. I see what you are saying about Mars Martian, maybe give him a few minions? I changed the wording to "not kill" to avoid future confusion.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-01-18 at 09:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    I mean save as in protect. Basically, it works opposite of a normal Mafia game. The players with the fewest votes are randomly determined by the narrator as far as who gets eliminated. As far as baned, i do not have any ideas. I see what you are saying about Mars Martian, maybe give him a few minions?
    Yes, make him a side with other players would be good. So, you mean one of the persons with the least gets lynched, instead of the most?

Edit: I hope not, because that would be very, very bad.

Edit2: Also, I think the dinamite would be way better for the wolves them for anyone else.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-01-18 at 10:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474

Yes, make him a side with other players would be good. So, you mean one of the persons with the least gets lynched, instead of the most?

Edit: I hope not, because that would be very, very bad.

Edit2: Also, I think the dinamite would be way better for the wolves them for anyone else.
    Exactly, but explain what you mean by very very bad. Screw up strategies, yes. Frustrate everyone, yes. Unorthodox, yes. That's what I am going for, unless you mean that it would cause a serious problem with the game.

By him I am assuming you mean Do-Do. I suppose he could just as easily go with heroes, although i don't think he has a counterpart (does he?)

Dynamite is intended to be help for the bad guys, but it is not a sure thing.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly, but explain what you mean by very very bad. Screw up strategies, yes. Frustrate everyone, yes. Unorthodox, yes. That's what I am going for, unless you mean that it would cause a serious problem with the game.
    Well, it'd depend if self votes count and if a team starts knowing each other or not. And the knowing only if each side gets a killer Edit: And even then would make the game all about the randomness. Also, it'd ruin rivals votes be worth more.

By him I am assuming you mean Do-Do. I suppose he could just as easily go with heroes, although i don't think he has a counterpart (does he?)
    I meant martian.

Dynamite is intended to be help for the bad guys, but it is not a sure thing.
    Actually, it'd depend on if someone starts knowing their side or not.

Edit: Actually, I think minority vote won't work no matter what. Just give a couple minutes.

Edit:On further thought, if sides are blind and self target is off, it could work, although it will be very, very messy and easily ruined. If you can vote for yourself, no way.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-01-18 at 10:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Vampire The Masquarde needs more players.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

27. - Top - End - #477

For minority vote, I would suggest having each player vote more than once, for different people each time.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2011-01-18 at 11:56 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

28. - Top - End - #478

Back from Europe!

I think I'm either dead or not in most games, but still, giving me a couple of days to catch up would be swell.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Vampire The Masquarde needs more players.
    Yes. Yes it does.

Seriously - the game has quite a few power roles which depart from the classic WW gameplay that will ensure quite a fun ride for all parties involved.

If you haven't signed up, you should - Tialait is a fabulous writer and her and I have been working to make sure that everything will go smoothly with the narrations. However, it will all be for naught unless we get the players. So chop chop!

30. - Top - End - #480

Well, it'd depend if self votes count and if a team starts knowing each other or not. And the knowing only if each side gets a killer Edit: And even then would make the game all about the randomness. Also, it'd ruin rivals votes be worth more.

I meant martian.

Actually, it'd depend on if someone starts knowing their side or not.

Edit: Actually, I think minority vote won't work no matter what. Just give a couple minutes.

Edit:On further thought, if sides are blind and self target is off, it could work, although it will be very, very messy and easily ruined. If you can vote for yourself, no way.
    Ya, I did not think of the self vote, but ya, self vote would be off. And no, no one would know who is on their side in the begining. What do you mean by "easily ruined"? What could happen?

As far as Mars Martian, Why would he need to have a particular side? Suppose we were to keep the Heros and villains separate, but we gave Mars some Martian Minions? Basically, 3 sides. Actually, kindof like the current mafia game, except instead of competeing mafias, competing civilians.