New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Thufir can you squeeze me in the schedule as soon as possible?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #602
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Alright to start with, all villagers start as mummies. That means there are only two sides. The Mummies and the Vipers.

Mummies resurrect, Vipers do not.

Vipers can recruit, Mummies cannot.

Mummies want to destroy all Vipers.

Vipers want to outnumber Mummies.

That is the core. Very simple. You cannot be killed for very long from a lynch unless you are a Viper, then you can be lynched normally.

As for events and items, they are there to give some clue to who is a viper. All of them are to give an edge to the Mummies. After all, if there is nothing to assist the game will pretty much go to the vipers...barring a lucky lynch-vote.

I was thinking 1 Viper per 10 Mummies at the start of the game. As there are no power roles to speak of, book keeping will be about on my level.

Is that any clearer?

Problem I see from this - Random villagers lynch a mummy. Mummy is resurrected. Vipers recruit "Known" mummy. I suppose this isn't much of a problem, more a consideration strategy wise for the mummies.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Maybe you could cut down to only one game at a time. Two, if it's a game you really want to play, and you haven't died yet in the other.
    Ech, it's not that I can't manage more games, it's more that I will pretty much often late in adressing statments adressed at me, stopping bandwagons, or possibly missing actions, which would be detrimental to my team.

That, and that last game where certain individual decided to throw all fair play rules into the dumpster left me pretty bitter about WW games. I'd have let that go if I heard even one word of apology, but I guess that is too old fashioned these days.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Universal Smash Bros is looking for two autolynche replacees. It is needed badly. Please.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Universal Smash Bros is looking for two autolynche replacees. It is needed badly. Please.
    Link to the thread.

Edit: Replacements found.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-02-11 at 06:32 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Barbarian in the Playground

*snip*
    Mummy the Resurrection: The Corruption of the Serpent
    *snip*
    The other difference is that the 'wolves' are called 'vipers' and do not have a night kill. They have a recruitment each night. Who has been recruited is kept secret. A viper does not auto-resurrect.

The Mummies win if there are no more vipers, and the Vipers win if they outnumber the Mummies. *snip*
    Unless there are multiple lynches per day, this is impossible to win for town if there is a recruitment every night. Even if town magically lynched a viper every day, they still gain a new member every night, so they would still win. Maybe the vipers recruit every other night?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Unless there are multiple lynches per day, this is impossible to win for town if there is a recruitment every night. Even if town magically lynched a viper every day, they still gain a new member every night, so they would still win. Maybe the vipers recruit every other night?
    I know that the vipers can't lose normally, that is why there is events. Some events will stop recruitment or even reverse it. I'm still working on the list, sense I won't get a spot till the end of March or the beginning of April I will have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Problem I see from this - Random villagers lynch a mummy. Mummy is resurrected. Vipers recruit "Known" mummy. I suppose this isn't much of a problem, more a consideration strategy wise for the mummies.
    Yes, I know. That is what I think would make the whole thing more interesting.

The idea is to remove power roles, give everyone a bit of a change from the normal lynch/kill and make power roles transitory. Meaning that killing someone doesn't get rid of the possibility for a power cropping up.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-02-11 at 08:47 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd like to schedule Shape-shifters II for The first available spot in April!

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

come on people. there are free spots left in Open WW.

Join or join.
    The third option is also join.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #610
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Reverse WW IV Is open for recruitment! Join fast!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

And final call for Ghosts WW! Game starts in less than twelve hours!
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

12. - Top - End - #612

I know that the vipers can't lose normally, that is why there is events. Some events will stop recruitment or even reverse it. I'm still working on the list, sense I won't get a spot till the end of March or the beginning of April I will have plenty of time.

Yes, I know. That is what I think would make the whole thing more interesting.

The idea is to remove power roles, give everyone a bit of a change from the normal lynch/kill and make power roles transitory. Meaning that killing someone doesn't get rid of the possibility for a power cropping up.
    I love the track this is taking, I think the Win Condition just needs to be clearer....

Mummies win: Eliminate All Vipers - Chance daily with lynch.
    Viper Win: >= # of Mummies (living and dead or just living (not lynched awaiting ressurection)?)

Each Night - Vipers get 1 step closer to win
    Each Day - Mummies either move forward a step, or stay where they are at.

Cassie's right - the math says the Vipers will march to a win since the nightly recruitment alway's keeps them moving forward. They don't run as big a chance "staying where they are at" unless something interrupts that. For balance, I'd make that something have a 1/10 chance of working, just similar to the wolves 1/10 start ratio.

Granted, when the mummies take a step forward it'll always be bigger then the Viper's moving forward, as removal from game > 2 day delay until you point again.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

If the vipers have 2 members to start with, even if the mummies lynch a viper every single day, they still can't win. I think that's what Cas was saying.

Those events will have to be something special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    If the vipers have 2 members to start with, even if the mummies lynch a viper every single day, they still can't win. I think that's what Cas was saying.
    All they need is multiple lynches like in Rebellion.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Dwarf in the Playground

Happy Valentines Day from Mafia!

Here's to plots against thoughts of all you Wolves and Masons!

Spoiler
    Show
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Wow, Mummies Feedback.

I was thinking a ratio of 1 viper to 10 mummies.

Also, still working on the Events, I have till the tail end of march to hammer those out. I am thinking a 25% rule modification Event for round 1.

Basically, the first round will have the event of every 10% of the lynch vote is a lynch. So, there are 21 players (what I hope for.) and 2 of them that votes for a person that person will end up lynched.

As for the vipers, yes they must outnumber the total number of mummies living, not on their way to be resurrected. Meaning a lynch can mean a win for the vipers. Dead Mummies cannot be recruited, our tallied. For all purposes they are not counted as part of the game till they resurrect.

I also plan on having events that will play out like mini-games, not quite finished those as of yet. I'm using the game design principal that some of my favorite games ever use. "Simple Rules, many acceptations".

17. - Top - End - #617

"Simple Rules, many acceptations".
    Wait what? Do you mean exceptions?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Wait what? Do you mean exceptions?
    Yes, yes I do.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I have my Discworld game fairly balanced for ~30 players... but I have a idea to pose to your minds here:

The Summoning Dark- you were once a normal citizen, but now you've been infected by an entity older than time, and now you are on the side of the criminals. When you die, you choose a new player, and they are infected, becoming the new Summoning Dark. Vimes is immune, as is Carrot. The other watch members have a 25% chance of being immune.

--------------------------------------------------
    Here's the rest of the rules-

The Watch
    I'm taking out the Canting Crew, and making one of Vimes' powers that he knows 2 other Watchmen randomly. He also has a 50% chance of surviving an attack, all those years of being attacked by Assassins.

Fred and Nobby share a void, when one is dead it only has a 50% chance of working.

Carrot is so persuasive that his vote counts double, and every 3 days he can talk the down the angry mob, protecting one person from either a lynch or night kill.

Angua and Sally think they are both Seers, but one is actually the Fool, which is chosen randomly before the game begins.

Igor, when not working on his bioartificing, can sew a knife wound closed or reattach a severed limb- with almost no scar! He is the Baner.

The Criminals

Due to Death taking yet another holiday, several bad, bad people have escaped his realm and come back to life to get revenge.

Reacher Gilt, pirate, conman, and the Alpha Wolf.

Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip, the New Firm, can protect another criminal from the mob with their connection to the Lawyer Slant. When one dies, the power only has a 50% chance of working.

Carcer is the worst thing to happen to Ankh-Morepork since Mr. Hong set up the Three Jolly Luck Take-Away Fish Bar on the site of a former fish-god temple in Dagon Street and opened on the night of the winter solstice which also happened to be a full moon. When he dies, he's going to take someone with him (Beast).

Jonathan Teatime (pronounced "Teh-ah-tim-eh,") supposedly has a crystal ball in place of his missing eye. He is the Devil.

Edward d'Eath- owner of the Gonne, he gets an extra kill once per game. The Gonne however is fickle. When used, it will be discarded and picked up by someone else, who then gets the same power.

The Summoning Dark- see above.

The Citizens

Everyone else in the game. Role-playing a specific character from the Discworld Universe may give you a one time bonus power. Or not.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

20. - Top - End - #620
    Pixie in the Playground

So if we want to start a WW game we post here?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

USB has finally ended with a win for the villains!.

*whew* now i can relax.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hipen3 View Post
    So if we want to start a WW game we post here?
    Yeah, it helps organize the player population. That way good games don't end up ignored.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

Usb?!?!?!?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, it helps organize the player population. That way good games don't end up ignored.
    WHAT?!?! What's that?

25. - Top - End - #625
    Pixie in the Playground

Also my WW game will be called WW D&D numero un. *said with silly Spanish accent*
    And Normal WW rules.
    Elf=Seer
    Half-Elf=Fool
    Dwarf=Mason
    Human=Villager
    Goblin=Wolf
    Tiefling=Devil
    Demon=Alpha*as in scrys as human*
    Scry Interference
    Auto lynch 2-days
    and all that good stuff.
    Last edited by Hipen3; 2011-02-15 at 12:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Usb?!?!?!?
    Universal Smash Brothers.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (This is was added because the fourm won't let me post a post with 3 letters)

28. - Top - End - #628
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, while I actually missed the week the game should've started trying to figure out the rules for a more complicated game idea while being excessively busy IRL, The thread for L-Space WW has just been posted and is awaiting approval.
    (If anyone's wondering, it's not Discworld themed, I just borrowed the idea of L-Space)

Edit: Go thread go!
    Last edited by Thufir; 2011-02-16 at 07:02 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #629

Also my WW game will be called WW D&D numero un. *said with silly Spanish accent*
    And Normal WW rules.
    Elf=Seer
    Half-Elf=Fool
    Dwarf=Mason
    Human=Villager
    Goblin=Wolf
    Tiefling=Devil
    Demon=Alpha*as in scrys as human*
    Scry Interference
    Auto lynch 2-days
    and all that good stuff.
    Sounds a lot like WW Classic - is anyone running one of those right now? Normally there's always a version of Classic going on. (Sorry, still getting back into swing of things) - If not, Hipen - you can run it as the next version of that, pending no one has claim to narrating the next version. Classic has that roleset with different themes, and switches narrators every time.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

30. - Top - End - #630
    Firbolg in the Playground

Classic doesn't have an alpha, also the Devil doesn't know the regular wolves, unlike most games.
    I personally assumed/feel that Classic should have actual werewolves, whatever the precise setting - though that may just be me. Also, it's typically done by a more experienced narrator, meaning no offense to Hipen, because it's a pretty big thing.
    Additionally, there's nothing wrong with having games other than Classic with pretty much classic rules. Indeed, it makes the games potentially more accessible to newcomers if not every game has complicated special roles and rules.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."