New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Sounds a lot like WW Classic - is anyone running one of those right now? Normally there's always a version of Classic going on. (Sorry, still getting back into swing of things) - If not, Hipen - you can run it as the next version of that, pending no one has claim to narrating the next version. Classic has that roleset with different themes, and switches narrators every time.
    Well, there was at least one D&D WW game before, I know because ER was the Beast in it. Around the summer 0f 2007.

I say run it anyway, who cares if it resembles classic. We need *more* simple games with good narration, for simple brains like me. This of course, is my preference. I see a tiny bit of variation, and my head hurts and I don't sign up.

On that note, I'm considering experimenting with an Extreme Mafia limited to under 20 players.

Everyone gets either a night Kill, Bane, or Recruit action.

The Baner can prevent up to 5 kills on one person, or may attempt a night kill but if the individual banes themselves - nothing extraordinary happens. (i.e the Baner protects themself - and blocks four people attempting to night kill him.)

There is no scryer.

The recruitment may be refused by the other player, which changes their victory conditions.

Victory conditions are the individual or block making it to the end of the game.

Standard night/day phase - someone get's to be the lucky guy lynched on day one.

Day voting may be limited to 24 hours, night kills may be 48 hours.

No autolynch.

Thoughts?
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

2. - Top - End - #632
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Well, there was at least one D&D WW game before, I know because ER was the Beast in it. Around the summer 0f 2007.

I say run it anyway, who cares if it resembles classic. We need *more* simple games with good narration, for simple brains like me. This of course, is my preference. I see a tiny bit of variation, and my head hurts and I don't sign up.

On that note, I'm considering experimenting with an Extreme Mafia limited to under 20 players.

The Baner can prevent up to 5 kills on one person, or may attempt a night kill but if the individual banes themselves - nothing extraordinary happens. (i.e the Baner protects themself - and blocks four people attempting to night kill him.)

There is no scryer.

The recruitment may be refused by the other player, which changes their victory conditions.

Victory conditions are the individual or block making it to the end of the game.

Standard night/day phase - someone get's to be the lucky guy lynched on day one.

No autolynch.

Thoughts?
    That's more to my point - if it's like classic, and classic isn't being run, why not call a rose a rose and run it as classic.

And - unless it changed - classic should always be running. If classic is not being run, then someone needs to start one. Why not Hipen3 with the D&D theme?

Re: Mafia extreme - I like it. Simple mayhem. I say make the recruitment unblockable. Your on Team A. You get recruited, you go to team B. Team A can recruit you the next night back if they want to. Recruitment interference if two people try to recruit the same player the same night. Start the game with 2-4 alpha's or teams, and see how it runs out from there.

Bane, Kill or Switch Sides. Next day get someone lynched who isn't you or on your team.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

3. - Top - End - #633
    Dwarf in the Playground

Re - Mafia Extreme -

Two more things - ultimately, there can be only one winner - if a team decides to work together and accept a group win, that's on them.

You're right, I think recruiting should be unblock-able, and unrefusable. You could even call it "Blackmail" or "Extortion" or something.

The other thing is....

Night kills will not be anonymous at the next morning. If Supagoof sends in a kill for Shadow, then the narration reflects that "Supagoof killed Shadow in the Library with a chainsaw" or something. This way you can kind of look the other player in the eyes as you stick that knife in.

There's a lot of ways this could play out, and it'd be interesting to see.

Someone ***cough*** Fleeing Coward ***cough *** cough*** Murska ***cough*** ***Cough***Supagoof***cough is bound to break it on the first run through anyway.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2011-02-16 at 04:22 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

4. - Top - End - #634

You keep it simple enough, I'm less likely to break it.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

5. - Top - End - #635

There is no scryer.

No autolynch.

Thoughts?
    Actually, I would drop the recruiter thing, and just say that the players may all PM each other and form teams (maximum of three per team). If you refuse once, you cannot reaccept. If you are on a team, you may leave the team and join another team. The team you left, however, would be informed of this choice, so you make enemies right away that way. Also, how about mixing this with the previous idea of voting for more than one person, and the elected have to fight. 1 winner. That would be interesting.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Sounds a lot like WW Classic - is anyone running one of those right now? Normally there's always a version of Classic going on. (Sorry, still getting back into swing of things) - If not, Hipen - you can run it as the next version of that, pending no one has claim to narrating the next version. Classic has that roleset with different themes, and switches narrators every time.
    K. Can i start recruitment?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Firbolg in the Playground

Even leaving aside narrating experience, your game is not quite Classic anyway. Don't make it Classic, make it your own game.
    As for starting recruitment, you'll need a slot in the schedule, and I'm afraid the next one isn't until the 11th of April, so you'll have a to wait a bit.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

I agree with Thufir and Andre. Make it a stand-alone.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

And *test out the rules.* You don't need to put games <= 20 players on the schedule.

Try your rules for balance, and your availability to narrate.

The games are really fast too with under 20 players, and pretty brutal and fun.

Recommendations are 25(ish)% of player population = wolves.

Probably 1-2 less than the wolves for the masons, because the masons or team good gets a scryer, baner, fool, + extra roles.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Ech, it's not that I can't manage more games, it's more that I will pretty much often late in adressing statments adressed at me, stopping bandwagons, or possibly missing actions, which would be detrimental to my team.

That, and that last game where certain individual decided to throw all fair play rules into the dumpster left me pretty bitter about WW games. I'd have let that go if I heard even one word of apology, but I guess that is too old fashioned these days.
    Trixie's messages are maxed at their quota...

Was this about Mafia, and the election? I'm sorry?
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2011-02-16 at 09:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

I can asure you it was not. I know what Trixie is talking about. And it was not the election in Mafia.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Hipen3
    So a game <20 persons to start ?
    May I suggest a co-narrator as a backup and someone to bounce ideas of?

I like co-narrators

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

No, Andre, as Lex already said I don't get that upset over what happens within the game rules, though goodness knows FC and Murska tried my patience multiple times. And, I believe I posted that well before the end of elections.

And the worst part was, I never got not even as much as an apology, but even an acnowledgement what happened
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

13. - Top - End - #643

NecromancerGirl

- Snip -
    Recommendations are 25(ish)% of player population = wolves.
    - Snip -
    What? REAL MEN START WITH 1 WOLF VILLAGER!!!!!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Real men go and update from time to time, winkwink!
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2011-02-17 at 02:22 PM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    You mean like a certain real man who never upadated in Code?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

16. - Top - End - #646

Real men make up the rules of their game during recruitment.
    And so do I.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Pffft, I did that after recruitment :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

And so do I.
    ...but you have boobs...
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

19. - Top - End - #649

NecromancerGirl

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

20. - Top - End - #650

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Pffft, I did that after recruitment :P
    Well, to be precise, I came up with the last few rules while I was writing the role PMs immediately before sending them out...

...but you have boobs...
    Yeah, that joke might've worked better if I were using a different avatar.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Pixie in the Playground

Even leaving aside narrating experience, your game is not quite Classic anyway. Don't make it Classic, make it your own game.
    As for starting recruitment, you'll need a slot in the schedule, and I'm afraid the next one isn't until the 11th of April, so you'll have a to wait a bit.
    Really?!?! April 11th!!!! Oh, well sign me up.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Dwarf in the Playground

Classic doesn't have an alpha, also the Devil doesn't know the regular wolves, unlike most games.
    I personally assumed/feel that Classic should have actual werewolves, whatever the precise setting - though that may just be me. Also, it's typically done by a more experienced narrator, meaning no offense to Hipen, because it's a pretty big thing.
    Additionally, there's nothing wrong with having games other than Classic with pretty much classic rules. Indeed, it makes the games potentially more accessible to newcomers if not every game has complicated special roles and rules.
    Agreed. I am pretty much running a small classic game now with the addition of a day baner and a beast to the role list (They are listed roles...they may not have gone out). I seem to have a nice mix of experience and fresh faces.

While my narrations suck I'm having fun running it.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Suck? I think they are hilarious. They may be simple, but simple does not mean they are bad.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I would like to reserve May 16th (or the week of) for Abhorsen WW 3.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll take April 18th for Discworld the Third: A Series of Unseen Events

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

26. - Top - End - #656

Reserving spots? Let me see...

I'd like to reserve first week of September for 'City of Shadows', sequel to 'City of Darkness'. The original plan was for the first week of March, but school messed that up, and the fact that someone missed my request in the first place.

City of Shadows

Roles:

Team Good:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Villagers: Basic villager of WW games. Trying to survive AND stamp out both Team Evils. When they die, any items they have are not revealed.
    • City Guard: The protectors of the city. Once per night, they can all vote on a person. If that person is to be lynched the next day, they instead are not lynched.
    • Fortuneteller: The Seer. Can use their Crystal Ball without the one-nignt cooldown. Starts with a Crystal Ball.
    • Escaped Lunatic: The Fool. Thinks they are the Fortuneteller. Is told they are the Fortuneteller. Is told they have a Crystal Ball. Starts with the Cracked Ball. Can use the Cracked Ball without the one-night cooldown.
    • Wandering Guardian: The Baner. Can use their spell book to protect someone from being night-killed without the one-night cooldown.

Team Monarchy:

The populace has been getting out of hand lately... time to show them who is in charge... and deal with those assassins while at it... but where are their servants?

Spoiler
    Show
    • Corrupt King: The corrupt ruler of the City...and quite good at disguising himself. Scries as a villager. When he perishes, he dies as a villager, complete with item-hiding powers. Starts with an Assassin's Dagger, and can use it without the cooldown.
    • Corrupt Queen: The Corrupt King's wife, who has made a couple of deals with devils to secure her position. Starts with a Crystal Ball, given to her by a powerful devil to help uphold her end of the bargin, and can use it without the cooldown.
    • Infernal Servant: Assistants to the Corrupt Royalty. Sent by bigger devils to help send souls their way.
    • Explosive Fiend: This demon explodes upon death, killing one of the people that killed it. Scries as an Infernal Servant. Is told they are an Infernal Servant.

Team Monarchy has two groups: The King and Queen, and the Infernal Servants. The King and Queen know each other, and the Infernal Servants know each other, but the two groups do not know each other.

Team Assassin:

Time to fulfill that contract the rich buisnessman offered not too long ago... and kill all of the royalty and their supporters. And while at it... kill all those that might oppose the new ruler.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Serpent's Head: Silent, and deadly, this man's true name has been forgotten... but his skill has not. He starts with an Assassin's Dagger, and can use it without the cooldown.
    The Fallen Crown: Cast out of the royal family because of the deal with the powers below, he wants to reclaim his throne. To this end, he has skillfully obtained a Crystal Ball, and can use it without the cooldown.
    The Stage-Master: Formerly an actor, he has joined the Assassins due to MUCH better pay. Once per night, he can disguise someone in a costume, adding as many details to the costume as they wish. He can even create costumes of those who are not even in the city. If an individual dies in the costume, he dies as the role of the costume (though false on-death abilities are not activated). Also, his work is silent.
    Assassins: These assassins simply follow orders, waiting to strike.

Team Assassin all starts knowing each other.

Neutral:

These people are searching for survival. They want to finish the game alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Runaway Princess (Assassin Lover): Having fallen in love with an assassin who once tried to kill her, she now is on the run from both of the dark powers of the city. However, due to her knowledge, she would be valuable to the Assassins, leaking out one Monarchy name if she perishes to their blade.

Rebel Assassin (Monarchy Lover): Once a mighty killer, this assassin has laid down his weapons for good at the sight of a woman he was supposed to kill, having fallen in love with her at first sight. However, both the Assassin Guild and the Monarchy disaprove of this arrangement. The Monarchy is after him more though: if he dies to their blade, he leaks out one name of the assassins.

The Lovers give one time extra scries to their sides if their side kills them during the night. However, this only works once: If one of the Lovers dies for any reason (save for auto-lynch), the other also immeditally perishes. They have two ways of survival:
    • Simply survive until the end of the game.
      OR
    • Get all the City Guards killed so they can leave the city.

Items:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Assassin's Dagger: The bearer of an Assassin's Dagger can attempt to night-kill someone of their choosing. However, it's use is physically taxing on someone who is not trained in it's use, forcing a one-night cooldown.
    • Broken Ball: The bearer of the Broken Ball can use it's power to scry a player for their role. However, it's power is draining for anyone other than it's original owner, forcing a one-night cooldown for anyone other than the Escaped Lunatic. Also, it's scries are... not entirely correct... save for times when a mad mind can see what a sane mind cannot.
    • Crystal Ball: The bearer of a Crystal Ball can use it's power to scry a player for their role. However, it's power is draining for anyone other than it's original owner, forcing a one-night cooldown for anyone that did not start with one.
    • Spellbook of Protection: The protective magics in this book can protect someone from harm, but using them constantly can wear down someone. The Wandering Guardian is skilled enough to continually use them to stop night kills, but anyone else will have a one-night cooldown after a sucessful Bane.

Item Actions:
    Use Item: Use the item as listed in it's description. If you are not the original owner of the item, you cannot take an action the next night.
    Pass Item: PM the Narriator of whom you wish to pass the Item to. The target of the pass will recive the item come daybreak... but if they are night-killed, the killers get the item instead.
    Destroy Item: PM the Narriator that you wish to destroy the item. The item is removed from the game. No one can use it.

Plotting:
    At the end of the night phase, whom was scried, killed, and baned will be revealed... unless the committer of the scrying, killing, or baning plotted openly. During the day phase, the committer can put their target's name in their (un-edited) post, and PM the Narriator their quoted post with their target highlighted (like the assassins of Llama Llama Duck, except here it applies to everyone with items). If the target is night-killed in this way, the body shows up a few days later.

Additional Rules:

Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule is in effect, with interfenence as the result instead of any other result.
    Upon death, any items the victim had are revealed (unless they are a villager or the Corrupt King), and someone from the mob or one who night-killed recive the item. The only exception is with the Explosive Fiend: When killed, destroys all items on the Explosive Fiend and the killer. If lynched, the 'killer' is determined randomly.
    You can only use one item action per night, UNLESS you are in item cooldown; then you can use none.

Note: Depending on the number of players, there will be 1-3 secret roles and 1-2 secret items in the game as well. The more that sign up, the more that people have to work with. (Currently 1 role for the Assassins (least likely), 1 role for the Town, and 1 role that is Neutral (most likely).)
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

27. - Top - End - #657

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    I am pretty much running a small classic game now
    Which was why I came out of retirement.
    Too many games with 5 sides and 7 different roles per side.
    Cool for a while but back to basics is what I like best

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

28. - Top - End - #658

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    Reserving spots? Let me see...

I'd like to reserve [B]first week of September
    I'm not adding four extra months to the schedule. Wait until it's a bit closer!

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Which was why I came out of retirement.
    Too many games with 5 sides and 7 different roles per side.
    Cool for a while but back to basics is what I like best
    Oh, but- Science-
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #659

Science has proven that raccoons have small brains and have difficulty concentrating.
    Oh and that they are extraordinary good lovers. Yeah. Especially that.

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Science has proven that raccoons have small brains and have difficulty concentrating.
    Oh and that they are extraordinary good lovers. Yeah. Especially that.
    .......science shows this?...Really?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”