New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I suggest waiting 2 weeks before (March 28th) the game is to start (April 11th). If you start recruitment now, you may lose a lot of players you thought you had when you actually start the game.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-20 at 10:07 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

K. Hey lexy, you have experience as narrator, be my co narrator? I promise I won't lynch you.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Sure. But don't you go leaving the playground.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Sure. But don't you go leaving the playground.
    ??????????
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Some people? Everyone knows these are good powerroles and one wolf so they will be reluctant to lynch them. Enter 1-3 more wolves who borrow their buddy's PM and also start saying 'yes' making it even harder for village.

And, of course, painting a big sign on good powerroles (who don't know each other) to wolves (who know which wolf has to say 'yes') is asking for slaughter.

Even if you throw villagers into it, all you've accomplished is more muddy water for wolves to hide in, and more knowledge to the only organized group in game.
    I'm not the one that said power roles. I'd include maybe one power role to make a lynch risky, about half a dozen villagers and one wolf.

Heck, thinking about it, I'd just assign random "quirks" to people, independant of their role. One person has to agree to everything. One person can never agree with a stated argument. One person has to counterclaim any claim made, including Villager. One person can never answer a question directly. Et cetera.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Barbarian in the Playground

He can't be a villager!

I'M A VILLAGER!

*gasps*
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suck? I think they are hilarious. They may be simple, but simple does not mean they are bad.
    Cheers

8. - Top - End - #698
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright. I'm going to noodle that there will be a Vampire V. But I'm going to need me some co-narrators/co-administrators when the time comes. Sooner, really, cause anyone who has co-narrated a Vampire game with me knows they're complex animals and I like to get the narrators involved in the game (in a fashion that has no effect on the core game itself). Vampire IV has proven that the core idea of what I'm aiming for is achieveable, I just need more prep time up front before I open it up for recruitment and play. (This would also make unseemly delays in day and night ending less likely.)

Right now this is more of a interest-gathering statement for those who would be interested in the project, since Vampire IV is still running.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be ur co.

10. - Top - End - #700

I'd be happy to help you Helgraf. Probably. It would depend on the time you're thinking of running it.

Show

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I'd Co, but I have no skill at bookkeeping....My skills are in the creative arts.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

12. - Top - End - #702
    Firbolg in the Playground

I strongly encourage people to sign up for L-Space WW. Starting some time in the not too distant future! Rules very normal by my standards!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #703

Quote Originally Posted by Hipen3 View Post
    ??????????
    Curse of many a prospective new narrator. RL comes and steals them away before the finish their first game.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, as Supagoof says. And it's happened to me three times. I don't know why I chase everyone away.

Also, I'd like to reserve May 2nd for ItP 2: Battle for Haruki-Kun. Unless Supagoof thinks that's too soon.

15. - Top - End - #705

Nope - I'm ready for the run this time.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I don't remember if I said it. I have terribad memory.

Open WW has Started

Still looking for a Nonplayer to be King/Queen of the Faeries.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Still looking for a Nonplayer to be King/Queen of the Faeries.
    What's that?

18. - Top - End - #708
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    I'd Co, but I have no skill at bookkeeping....My skills are in the creative arts.
    Next time I run something I'm going to come knock on your door to Co.

I feel i'm exactly the other way around and that we would compliment each other in running a game.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

I have absolutely no skills whatsoever. Does that mean I compliment *everyone* well?
    Above Us Only Sky

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

What's that?
    Every once in a while, The King/Queen of the Faeries will mess with the players. But only if they ask.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

21. - Top - End - #711

22. - Top - End - #712

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    I have absolutely no skills whatsoever. Does that mean I compliment *everyone* well?
    Dammit Irbis! If you were only good at being creative and organised you'd complement me perfectly!

Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

Breaking the 4th Wall has now ended with team Troll winning

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

I had an attack of nostalgia yesterday and it made me remember this. It was, I believe, my first wolf victory And Zar Peter was just cute as queen

With some balance issues taken care of, it would make an awesome game, I think. But I need to know, is there even enough interest for it? The first game had 38 players, which worked well. But from what I see, right now that may be hoping for too much. If we can gather enough interest, I may be inclined to host it, with appropriate co-narrator. I would ask my queen to do the work, if he is up for it I would probably need to get Pwenet's permission as well, since the game is pretty much his handy work, but I hope he won't mind too much.

So... any takers?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

25. - Top - End - #715

Great! Now I have to read the thread again.

Well, if my maintenance drone wants his queen as co I'm ready. I think in this game I used my gender bent avatar for the first time. Very funny, indeed.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mafia Extreme will be recruiting when Mafia XI ends, which could be in the next week or two.

It's experimental, but should be very fast and very bloody.

Remember it's a 21 player "anonymous no refusal recruit" / "everyone has a Public night kill" game.

There is a daily lynch, but no autolynches.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

27. - Top - End - #717
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Breaking the 4th Wall has now ended with team Troll winning
    I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mafia XI - 1931 ends - with a to the wire finish Win for Murder Inc.!

Istari is the Game Winner! The final Mafia standing!

Mafia Extreme will be is signing up the first 21 players. - if you want to play, send me a PM, and I'll include you on the list

Don't sign up in this thread, I'll I have a thread shortly in SMBG.but I don't have the time to transfer the rules over there *right now*.

Game begins when we have 21 committed players.

(Looks... Yup, currently have the PM space...)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2011-02-25 at 02:01 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

This is slowly but surely becoming a norm, it would seem
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, hopefully that's an indicator the game is balanced? Right?