New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    EDIT: New poster for you to add:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sweetheart, I'm afraid your ideas are not quite as strange as mine...I mean I'm recruiting right now a game that the Villagers cannot be killed and still favors the wolves.

And I like to think of myself as only 'moderately' insane.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Everybody. There is no Classic recruiting and 12 has been over for a long time now.

If noone wishes to Narrate Classic 13 I'd like to ask for your approval to do so myself.

Lady T would be narrating with me and reguardless of when the recruitment starts the game would not begin until Lady T's "Mummy's" game (Go sign up!) has finished or at least come very close to doing so.

I'm sure Lady T has a wealth of experience narrating and I have quite succefully (I feel) run a game recently. Between us we are in no danger of letting this game die.

Let us know how you're feeling and If you're comfertable with it, we'll procede to start recruitment.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

I have no trouble with it. Though... Lady T does scare me now.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Foreseeable problem

Villager votes a wolf in as the mayor. Wolves now have a daybaner.

GG town, wolves win.
    Although this could happen, I have accounted for it. Restricted to co-nar. for how. I just don't want it to be super likely by having the wolves voting on it.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Sweetheart, I'm afraid your ideas are not quite as strange as mine...I mean I'm recruiting right now a game that the Villagers cannot be killed and still favors the wolves.

And I like to think of myself as only 'moderately' insane.
    Let's see... I have completed 3 mafia games, in the middle of one. First mafia game I played a half-devil (wolf with the ability to finish as a citizen). Didn't go over very well. Next was Tardis. Although listed as ongoing, it has been finished. PM'd baner claim to V Junior who was asking for claims. When I got voided, I got voided mixed with baned, and got figured out pretty quick. I had some good and some bad ideas in Mafia 1931, but when a mason contacted me, thinking I was a citizen (I was alpha), I acciddentally BCC'd it to most of my team and her. She didn't notice it, but my team totally freaked out when they noticed. First day I came up with some rather strange ideas too, but being the game is ongoing, I would rather not say what.

Although even after my game starts, it will initially not seem that different, it will be far more insane then anything I think that has probably been attempted.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

More significantly, you don't get to make your own posters. The posters are an element of the GitP WW communal lexicon. You can't insert yourself into that, it has to be done by others.
    And, while we obviously can't comment on your undisclosed surprises, that ruleset doesn't look particularly insane.

Also, just responding to your PM here for simplicity's sake, you don't have to PM me to get something scheduled, asking in here is fine, and I've no idea how you got the impression that I don't play in games.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    More significantly, you don't get to make your own posters. The posters are an element of the GitP WW communal lexicon. You can't insert yourself into that, it has to be done by others.
    And, while we obviously can't comment on your undisclosed surprises, that ruleset doesn't look particularly insane.

Also, just responding to your PM here for simplicity's sake, you don't have to PM me to get something scheduled, asking in here is fine, and I've no idea how you got the impression that I don't play in games.
    Its the undisclosed part.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's see... I have completed 3 mafia games, in the middle of one. First mafia game I played a half-devil (wolf with the ability to finish as a citizen). Didn't go over very well. Next was Tardis. Although listed as ongoing, it has been finished. PM'd baner claim to V Junior who was asking for claims. When I got voided, I got voided mixed with baned, and got figured out pretty quick. I had some good and some bad ideas in Mafia 1931, but when a mason contacted me, thinking I was a citizen (I was alpha), I acciddentally BCC'd it to most of my team and her. She didn't notice it, but my team totally freaked out when they noticed. First day I came up with some rather strange ideas too, but being the game is ongoing, I would rather not say what.

Although even after my game starts, it will initially not seem that different, it will be far more insane then anything I think that has probably been attempted.
    You should probably take a look at Funhouse before you say how crazy your game will be.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

You played in Funhouse?

I say go for it, 101jir. Don't be disuaded from being insane. Earn that poster. Make us believe it.

10. - Top - End - #760

Funhouse wasn't really insane in the conventional sense. For more conventional insanity, I think Ultimate Kaos or Llama Llama Duck would be the obvious games to look at.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention before: I think it would be fine for Qwaz and Lady Tialait to run the next Classic. Though since you're waiting until LT's current game is close to ending, if someone else decides they want to run it sooner, they have that option.

I should really see about redoing the OP...
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #761

If I get 1 or 2 conarrators, they can help me determine if the game would truely live up to its name. Any volunteers?

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    You played in Funhouse?
    I just read through it due to the number of times I saw "I'm only playing if it's not another Funhouse" in sign-ups.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

If I get 1 or 2 conarrators, they can help me determine if the game would truely live up to its name. Any volunteers?
    I could help a bit.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #764

Great, do you consider yourself an expert with solving balance issues? I will definately need one for one of my ideas (I have since come up with backup plans, each IMO deserving of the name.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I have a hard time with balance....and bookkeeping....if I can discuss it with someone I can figure it out.

16. - Top - End - #766

No problem. We just need one more conarrator.

Also, Of Wolf and Win (from Of Wolf and Man by Metallica) [I would like some opinions first. Blunt opinions are preferable]:

Spoiler
    Show

Of Wolf and Win by 101jir

Off to another close miss, Murska
    Off to another close miss Fleeing Coward
    We hunt, therefore we are, harvest the game,
    taking of thephantom's man.
    --
    Off to another close miss, Shadow
    Off to another close miss, cd4
    We shift, voting with the mob,
    villigers we kill, running the game for you, sheep.
    Ohhh Murska, knows who will win.
    Night kill, feeling you've been...
    Murska'd! Reinholdt is clean.
    Murska!
    Back to the meaning back to the meaning of...
    win!
    --
    Bright is the guy named Gray Mage.
    Chill in the air cold as Korias, tonight.
    We shift, killing the scrier.
    Fear in your eyes. It's harder than you realized.
    --
    Ohhh Vote shift, falls to the wind.
    Vote shift, feeling you've been...
    Murska'd! Reindholdt is clean.
    Murska!!
    Back to the meaning back to the meaning of...
    win!
    --
    I feel a change, back to a better day.
    Vote shift, hair stands on the back of my neck,
    Night Kill, in Reindholdt is the preservation of the town!
    So scry the wolf named Murska!
    Murska, knows who will win.
    Night kill, feeling you've been...
    Murska'd! Reinholdt is clean.
    Murska!!
    Back to the meaning back to the meaning,
    of wolf and win

OK, I just realized that maybe this is a little wierd to post as I am doing a game involving these people, but oh well. Any ideas for what words/names would be better?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

That's right. All you have to remember is that I'm pro-villager in every game and you can never lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, and since I forgot to mention before: I think it would be fine for Qwaz and Lady Tialait to run the next Classic. Though since you're waiting until LT's current game is close to ending, if someone else decides they want to run it sooner, they have that option.
    Sounds good as really the sooner the better. How about this. If noone has come forward to lay claim by the time Lady T's Mummy game starts. We'll talk again and get a recruitment thread up. Mummy's starts around 21st according to the scehdule so that's a good week and a half for other volunteers to step forward.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    That's right. All you have to remember is that I'm pro-villager in every game and you can never lose.
    Someone should defiantly keep this saved somewhere and remind him he said this next time Reverse WW comes around.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Sounds good as really the sooner the better. How about this. If noone has come forward to lay claim by the time Lady T's Mummy game starts. We'll talk again and get a recruitment thread up. Mummy's starts around 21st according to the scehdule so that's a good week and a half for other volunteers to step forward.
    I'm not sure... that could be quite a long recruiting period.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Oh

Open WW has ended in a Dragonsoul (nuetral) win.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devils WW could use some more players. More people should mean more fun.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think I can do both at the same time.....I think.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Okay... I guess I'm going to give up. No more WW games, I'll finish these two I'm in and I'm out.

I have no idea how Happy can find energy to play, I guess it can be a form of entertainment in a bind, but recently, I had neither. Sorry. Maybe in about two months I'll feel good enough to log in again.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

I don't really. Once this game is over, I think I'll be having a break too.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Awww. *Hugs Happy and Trixie* I hope you both return sometime. But if you don't, I hope you find fun and happiness elsewhere.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

Shape-shifters 2 has been submitted for approval, but after the news, I'm not as happy about it...

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

I know what you mean. And I tried PMing one of the other players who enjoyed Assassins 1-3, only to find he'd been Banned. What a bummer. And he was a big factor in the original story line.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-03-10 at 08:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure... that could be quite a long recruiting period.
    Not really fussed. I just kind of feel like some classic sooner than later. We'll see what happens as Mummy's running then.

@Lady T - I wouldn't wish two games at once on anyone.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

@Lady T - I wouldn't wish two games at once on anyone.
    >.> I am a housewife, hun. I clean house, cook meals, and take care of my kid. My free time is most of my day. Heck, with my mom wanting to steal my son to show to her friends 5 days a week...I get really bored.