New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    >.> I am a housewife, hun. I clean house, cook meals, and take care of my kid. My free time is most of my day. Heck, with my mom wanting to steal my son to show to her friends 5 days a week...I get really bored.
    Being a mum - Hardest job out there.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Being a mum - Hardest job out there.
    I thought being a fry jockey was harder....I guess I'm just that good.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Okay... I guess I'm going to give up. No more WW games, I'll finish these two I'm in and I'm out.

I have no idea how Happy can find energy to play, I guess it can be a form of entertainment in a bind, but recently, I had neither. Sorry. Maybe in about two months I'll feel good enough to log in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I don't really. Once this game is over, I think I'll be having a break too.
    It happens. Especially for those who have been playing for a few years now. You just get burned out or the dynamic changes or any number of variables can occur. Dial it back and wait until something catches your eye that you want to play in because it has that special something.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Pixie in the Playground

Shape-shifters 2 is up and recruiting! Pretty much the same rules as last time, so check it out and sign up!

We can start the game with as few as 10 people, but need at least 26 for a full game and 30 for an ideal one.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Could I put a claim on the next available slot for World of Darkness II - Longing?

This time I do actually plan to run my first game for 18 months, rather than ducking out in the run up.
    Rules would be very similar to the first game, as would the PG rated violent narrations. Anyone interested would to well to bring their roleplaying hats with them!

If I can find a way to make the ruleset work with 20 or fewer players I might decide to go ahead almost immediately with a smaller game, but we'll see.

This is not a joke. I do genuinely intend to make every effort with this. Hopefully it will kill my Writer's Block!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #786
    Barbarian in the Playground

Insane Mafia claims the spot after that.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Could I put a claim on the next available slot for World of Darkness II - Longing?

This time I do actually plan to run my first game for 18 months, rather than ducking out in the run up.
    Rules would be very similar to the first game, as would the PG rated violent narrations. Anyone interested would to well to bring their roleplaying hats with them!

If I can find a way to make the ruleset work with 20 or fewer players I might decide to go ahead almost immediately with a smaller game, but we'll see.

This is not a joke. I do genuinely intend to make every effort with this. Hopefully it will kill my Writer's Block!
    Welcome back.
    Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Quiet kitty, or I'll set Jack Rothen and Molly on you.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Quiet kitty, or I'll set Jack Rothen and Molly on you.
    My favourite narrator of ever! *hugs*

I'm hoping it goes well.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Dwarf in the Playground

Final request:

Devils WW

could still do with a few more players. I'd like to get around 25, more if more people are interested. But either way, I'd like to start in a few days (since it should have started last week).
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

11. - Top - End - #791

What is a reasonable time period for recruitment?

12. - Top - End - #792
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    What is a reasonable time period for recruitment?
    Not more than two weeks, no less then 1 week I would say. Rule of thumb.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Not more than two weeks, no less then 1 week I would say. Rule of thumb.
    Sounds good.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Speaking of recruiting Mummy the Resurrection is still recruiting.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

15. - Top - End - #795

Notice: I'm going to be gone and probably without internet Wednesday thru Friday, so please don't (auto)lynch me.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good ladies and gentlemen. if you like to play devils advocate then you may like to play Devils Werewolf!

Only needs a few more player to get off the ground so get your game face on and sign up! Don't make me come over there
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-03-16 at 10:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Witchunt 3: We're going to need more ducks has ended with a witch win.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Death Note WW Query: I intend to run a Death Note WW at some point in the future. I've noticed some past DN WWs in the Archive, but intend on using completely different roles and rules. I assume that this is fine, but I still thought that I'd ask. Also, is there a method of generating roles without using an excel spreadsheet? I don't have excel myself.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

You can use a dice. If you haven't got any, there's Invisible Caste, electronic dice site that can roll dice any size you want. You have 16 players, 5 wolves? You simply roll 5D16.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    Death Note WW Query: I intend to run a Death Note WW at some point in the future. I've noticed some past DN WWs in the Archive, but intend on using completely different roles and rules. I assume that this is fine, but I still thought that I'd ask. Also, is there a method of generating roles without using an excel spreadsheet? I don't have excel myself.
    Use OpenOffice. It's free and just as good, if not better than Microsoft Office.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    You can also use random.com. The have a list randomizer, so you can make players 1 through 16 villagers after it's randomized.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Use OpenOffice. It's free and just as good, if not better than Microsoft Office.
    Far inferior to Office 3-4 versions ago, actually, in function and interface.

But it might not be best place to discuss that

You can also draw the names on pieces of something, and pull them out of the hat
    Above Us Only Sky

23. - Top - End - #803

Make a gigantic cake, and bake in a bunch of names/roles inscribed onto small brass balls. Then get the list of whatever you didn't bake in and prescribe roles to people based on when you find the small brass balls.

aka: Bake names into cake
    Start at first role, the first name you eat out of the cake gets the role. Then the second role, then the third, etc. etc.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    aka: Bake names into cake
    Start at first role, the first name you eat out of the cake gets the role. Then the second role, then the third, etc. etc.
    This is so how I'm picking my next ww game.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I've never made a WW. I'm a bit shaky to the WW/ Normal Villager / Hero ratio I should use in a 30-40 person game.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

26. - Top - End - #806

I reccomend starting small, make a nice little 20 person game

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

I think classic use around 20~25% of wolves. If you don't have many special roles I think that's ok.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mummy has started.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

I think a 20% ratio of wolves is standard. Masons are one or two less than that. If you have a Seer, you need at minimum a Devil or Fool, unless you have something that balances their power.

But I agree with Saposhiente. Don't create a game where you need a minimum number of players to start. When you do that, you run the risk of not getting enough players, and therefore no game.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

I see. I'll start smaller then... Perhaps I'll run something else first, my rules have more roles than a 20-person game can handle.

EDIT: Or I could just remove the yotsuba faction and remove Lidner, Rester and Gevanni from the SPK... I'll post the first draft once I've finalised it.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-03-20 at 06:57 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show