New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

MtG - Conflux! Has ended with a win for BANT AND THE NEUTRAL! Well played Reinholdt and deathslayer!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Could I join in on the next game?
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #813

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    If this is to me, sure just sign up when it next rolls around. Or if its just in general just post in any Recruitment thread.
    I am alive!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Are they in the recruitment area?

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

They'll be here in the Structured Games sub forum. Also, watch this thread because typically people will link to recruitment threads as they're okay'd.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Thanks, Zeb!

(Recaiden) He lives!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys! there are only 12 days left to sign up for Shape-shifters 2! The goal is 30 people for a full and well rounded game, so sign up if you have any interest.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello all. If it wasn't already planned, I was thinking of beginning a set of Battlestar Galactica (TRS) werewolf games. I've never hosted a WW game, so, as not to be too ambitious, I'm expecting to run a small, manageable game and see how well it takes off.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in co-narrating and collaborating with me - preferably someone who's watched the show, and has enough experience in WW to help out a first-timer like me. So if you're interested, shoot me a PM. It'd be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Arden; 2011-03-23 at 02:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Hey guys! there are only 12 days left to sign up for Shape-shifters 2! The goal is 30 people for a full and well rounded game, so sign up if you have any interest.
    What a coincedence!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

I've had a change of heart (or a decent injection of silliness into my imagination), so my game on May 9th will be:

Fatbelly V – Who’s for Dessert?

Time to wheel out the old dog again, and flog it some more. It aint quite dead yet.

Tentative ruleset, and pretty much confirmed story below. The abilities for the faction leaders and deputies in particular are up for changes, as they've been made up pretty much on the fly. I've tried to keep them in line with each faction leaders philosophy and outlook, see I try and put some actual thought into these things.

STORY
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Baron Fatbelly Contest is no more. It’s quite hard to have an eating contest when the venue is a pile of burnt wood and ash, and all the food in the world has been transformed into inedible junk, or even worse, Marmite. Hannibal the Cannibal and his nefarious Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Doughnut definitely have a lot to answer for. If Hannibal hadn’t ascended to Food Heaven in a whirl of shiny trophies and blood he would definitely be off everyone’s Christmas card list.

As things are, Baron Banjo, Hank ‘Knuckles’ McCoy, Mr Creosote, the Fast Food Freak, and all the other survivors of the Culinary Armageddon are having to band together and make the best of things, which has proven rather difficult. With no food to be had, other than very rarefied tinned Spam, insects, tree bark, and Marmite (shudder) people have started to consider eating anything.

Including other people, it seems. Instances of cannibalism have gone through the roof, and the Fast Food Freak’s cookbook ‘Invite Your Friends Over for Dinner’ is a nationwide hit. Reports of survivors actually resorting to eating Angel Delight are unconfirmed, but worrying nonetheless.

The survivors of the previous Baron Fatbelly competition initially formed an alliance to survive in the harsh reality of a foodless world, but problems arose almost immediately. Mr Creosote’s plan to survive Culinary Armageddon was to eat as much as possible, whether it was Spam, insects, tree bark, or something even less edible, no matter how unpalatable. Maybe even Marmite. Fast Food Freak’s big idea was to turn some of the other survivors into burgers and open a takeaway restaurant. Hank wanted the survivors to learn from the mistakes of the past, and live a life of abstinence to atone for their previous greed. Only then would food return to the world. Baron Banjo’s dream was to rebuild the Fatbelly Mansion and hold another contest to bring the laughter back into the survivor’s lives.

Four very different grand designs for the future. It was only ever going to take the tiniest spark to send them their separate ways.

Hannibal the Cannibal provided that spark.

Early one morning, whilst the bedraggled survivors were making a clumsy attempt at refining Mr Creosote’s deep-fried tarantula and birds nest soup recipe, the storm clouds high above opened wide, and Hannibal’s evil smirking face popped through the gap in glorious widescreen.

“Good morning peasants! Belly’s nice and full are they? I’m just about to sit down to the Divine Ambrosia myself, followed by Suckling Pig and Spotted Richard.”

“I never knew you were that way inclined Hannibal.” The Fast Food Freak laughed, but the other survivors just grumbled and cursed, the slightest mention of such exquisite food making their stomachs churn and rumble with desire. Most of them would have murdered every other person on the planet for a Mars Bar though, so grumbles were only to be expected.

Hannibal laughed heartily, but his eyes stayed as cold and hard as death.

“Oh don’t be like that! I have an intriguing…proposition for you. You see, all this wonderful food and drink is almost beginning to become a little boring.” Hannibal patted a hand over his mouth in an exaggerated manner, “So I’ve decided to spice things up down there for my own entertainment! There will be a contest, and the lucky winners will ascend to Food Heaven for a seat at the table of the gods, if you can prove you want it enough. For that, you’ll need to be willing to eat anything.”

Hannibal’s voice lowered, and a shadow passed over his already evil face.

“…Anything”

“Why should we trust you?”
    “You killed my mother!”
    “Do you have Battenburg cake up there?”
    “Why did you have to leave the Marmite?”

Hannibal cut off the questions with a wave of his hand. Lightning streamed from his black-nailed fingers, engulfing a small forest not far from where the survivors stood.

“Enough! Get ready for this year’s Baron Fatbelly Eating Contest you little worms, this time I’m running the show! And to make things a little more interesting, I’ve let a few of my fellow Brethren infiltrate your quaint survival network. Spice things up, you might say, though I don’t have a spice weasel. BAM!”

Baron Banjo shook his fist at the newly crowned food diety.

“You’ll never get away with this Hannibal! The Fatbelly contests should be run by Fatbelly’s!”

“My dear moronically stupid little one-string Banjo, I think you’ll find I already have! Get the mansion rebuilt worms, and let the competition commence!”

RULES
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fatbelly V – Who’s for Dessert? is going to cater for 20-30 players, unless we really struggle for numbers. I haven’t run a game here for nearly two years, so I’m not sure how quite how things are nowadays. The game will follow standard WW rules, but with quite a few twists from both the standard format and the previous Fatbelly WW game, back in the dim and distant eons of time.

Eating Contests and Food Rankings

Each competitor will be given a ranking in 6 types of eating contest, showing how good they are at eating that type of food compared to everyone else. A high number is good, and low is bad. So someone ranked 20 (for a 20 player game) in Spam Spam Spam Spam! starts the game as the best there is in that kind of contest. However, boosts and poison actions can take these numbers above or below original levels, as well as above the maximum threshold.

Eating Contests:
    - Bugs & Wiggly Things
    - Plant Matters
    - Leftovers…and Other Detritus
    - Spam Spam Spam Spam!
    - The Dreaded Marmite
    - Cannibal Surprise!

During the day, competitors vote for who they think should compete in that days eating contest. You can vote for yourself, but not the narrator or Chuck Norris. At the end of the day the two competitors with the highest amount of votes will take on the contest. The winner is determined by comparing the competitors ranking in that type of contest, and the loser is killed in a (hopefully) hilarious manner.

The winner of the previous eating contest also gets to choose the type of contest for the following day in the thread, though it can’t be the same as the previous day.

Factions and Actions

Each competitor will belong to one of five factions:

- The Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Doughnut
    - The Takeaway Terrors
    - Baron Banjo’s Circus Clowns
    - Mr Creosote’s Gourmand-gast’s
    - Hank’s Hungry Knuckles

Each faction will have access to five abilities that they can use during the night phase:

- Kill (100% success rate, unless target is baned)
    - Bane (negates one kill attempt on the target that night. If they are targeted by more than one kill action they will still die though)
    - Scry (Identifies a targets faction and reveals one target’s strengths and weaknesses in eating contests, though not exact food rankings)
    - Boost (improves the targets rank by 3 in ALL eating categories, lasts until after the target takes part in an eating contest)
    - Poison (worsens the targets rank by 3 in ALL eating categories, lasts until after the target takes part in an eating contest)

A faction may only use one of these abilities per night, and must use all five at least once before using one a second time. So, for example, if the Takeaway Terrors use their Kill action on Night 1, they must use their other four actions on the next four nights before they can kill again on Night 6. A faction can choose not to use any ability on a particular night if they wish.

Certain individuals within each team also have personal abilities which they can use, which are described in the relevant Role entry.

The last faction standing will be the ones to ascend to Food Heaven, and maybe get a little bit of payback on Hannibal the Cannibal. Assuming he makes good on his promise of course! When only one team remains the game will end and they will be crowned the victors of Fatbelly V! I may even make a little trophy, but don’t count on it.

ROLES
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Doughnut
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Masticator (Champ) – Hannibal has reanimated an infamous champion from the ancient Fatbelly contests in days of yore to lead the Brethren into battle. His mind and memories wiped, the Masticator exists only to eat, and is ranked in the top 10 of all types of eating contest.

Mr Entropy (Voider) – As well as the epitome of eating, Hannibal has sent down the opposite; Lord Entropy. Nothing more than a whirling black mass in a dark hooded cape, Lord Entropy can target one person during the night phase and negate their ability for that night. If the player has no ability this action is wasted.

Brothers of the Doughnut – Normal (using the term rather loosely) but enthusiastic followers of Hannibal’s shadowy but sprinkle-coated brotherhood, eager to earn their place in Food Heaven.

The Takeaway Terrors
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fast Food Freak (Expert Assassin) – When the Freak goes on the prowl, he always gets results. Freak can make all his factions abilities unvoidable and unbanable, as long as he still lives.

Donald McRonald (Chef) – A sinister sadist with a big red afro and stripy dungarees, this random crazy is head chef of FFF’s flagship cannibal restaurant, where he is free to cook anything...anything. During the night phase, Donald allows the Takeaway Terrors to substitute any of their available actions for a poison action instead.

Takeaway Terrors – Insane, evil, or just plain desperate, the Takeaway Terrors have faith that the Fast Food Freak will lead them to Food Heaven. If they can eat all the competition along the way then even better!

Baron Banjo’s Circus Clowns
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baron Banjo (Vote-Swayer) – The Baron retains his title, and the associated fame of being a Fatbelly. He is also dumber than a box of hair. As such his opinion, as silly as it may be, holds more weight than that of other survivors. Baron Banjo’s daily point counts as three. This ability is automatic, unless the Baron PM’s the narrators at the beginning of the day to say otherwise.

NomNom the Monkey (Primate) – Baron Banjo’s favourite pet is just as likely to throw his own poo at you as he is to eat off of the palm of your hand. Each night NomNom can throw his poo at a single target. That target doesn’t know they’ve been targeted, even though they stink, but their vote during the next day phase will not count.

Circus Clowns – Former performers in Banjo’s travelling circus, these competitors stay loyal to the Baron even now, mainly because they know he has a few Twinkies hidden away that somehow survived Culinary Armageddon.

Mr Creosote’s Gourmand-gast’s
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr Creosote (Mr All or Nothing) – A legendary figure in eating circles, Mr Creosote is the worlds greatest gourmand…briefly. Mr Creosote automatically wins the first contest he is voted into, but then automatically loses the next one as he explodes in a shower of half digested food. His first victory does not reveal his role.

The French Waiter (Matre De) – Having served Creosote many times at the famous Le Nice Noche a la carte restaurant, it was natural the French Waiter would ally with him after the apocalypse. If the French Waiter comes second in the votes, the player with the third highest number of votes gets picked for the contest instead.

Gourmand-gasts – Fellow diners at Le Nice Noche, who will give their right arms for a place at the demigods table in Food Heaven.

Hank’s Hungry Knuckles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hank ‘Knuckles’ McCoy (Day Baner) – Hank isn’t the worlds greatest eater, and he knows it. But he’s a fighter, and can hold his own in eating contests thanks to his awesome stamina, not to mention a few well aimed threats and punches to force other competitors to take his place. During the night, Hank can target a player, including himself. That player will be not take part in the next day’s contest, no matter how many votes they get.

Miss Apli Plaster (Medic) – Apli is a former army medic, who after the apocalypse has been reduced to handing out antacids to survive. Each night she can remove the effects of poison from any one target, including herself.

Hungry Knuckles – Loyal followers of Hank, who they see as something akin to an avatar of Chuck Norris. They may trumpet the virtues of abstinence, but they want a spot in Food Heaven as much as anyone, though it’s vengeance on Hannibal the Cannibal that drives them most of all.

Not sure at the moment whether I want to make it a 20 player game, or let it grow to 30-35. Probably the latter, as there are a lot of games going on right now it seems.

Opinions, suggestions? Better names for any of the roles. Anthropomorphic leopards dressed in pink sequined spandex? You get the picture.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you should start recruiting now, regardless of the schedule, just so you can't back out for a third time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    I've had a change of heart (or a decent injection of silliness into my imagination), so my game on May 9th will be:

Fatbelly V – Who’s for Dessert?
    Hang on, that sounds familiar from somewhere... I wonder where I could've heard about this game before...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm still thinking about ideas for unconventional WW variants, and I've gotten pretty happy with this one. It's got the same central concept as my last idea: the 'werewolf' power is transferable, and whoever has it at the end of the game wins. The goal of this is to cause a whole lot of frantic alliance-building, as well as to loosen the stability which comes from knowing what your role will be for the rest of the game. I'd definitely like some comments on this one.

The Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolf power is conferred by a specific MacGuffin; since I haven't come up with a story yet, let's just call it the 'Guff.

The Guff is held by one player, hereafter the Guffbearer. The Guffbearer is the sole determiner of the nightkill, although he or she is free to take into account the feelings of other players. (He or she may also choose to have no nightkill at all.) The Guffbearer may choose to transfer the Guff to another player at will and at any time.

A vote to re-elect the Guffbearer occurs on each night. If someone holds the Guff at the time of the vote, each vote must also correctly name the current Guffbearer to be valid, except for votes to re-elect the current Guffbearer. Note that 'current' Guffbearer here refers to the Guffbearer at the end of the night, after any midnight transfers. If a new Guffbearer is elected, the previous Guffbearer becomes the night kill. Though the night kill will be reported in the morning, the elected Guffbearer is the only person informed of who has received the Guff in the night. At least one person must successfully vote for a Guffbearer other than himself for him to be electable; if no Guffbearer is electable after a night round, the Guff is released as if the Guffbearer had been killed; however, that night's kill still occurs according to the removed Guffbearer's selection.

If a day kill hits the current Guffbearer, it is announced; no night kill will occur that night, and the Guff will not be reassigned until after the election.

If there is a tie in votes to receive the Guff, the tie is resolved in favor of one of the special roles, following a defined order. Since I haven't written the other special roles yet, there isn't an order save that the previous Guffbearer is at the top of the list.

When the number of players reaches three, the current Guffbearer wins.

Some Ideas for Specials (for this variant)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I will be editing this when I get ideas, probably. Assume standard roles as well.)

The Observer is told whenever the Guff changes hands, as well as through what mechanism the Guff changed hands.

The Lockout can prevent Guff transfers from taking place in a given day or night, assuming that he or she guesses the source and target.

The Blackout can prevent Guff transfers from occurring in a night assuming that the Blackout is a member of a successful voting bloc to take the Guff away from whoever holds it at the start of the night.

The Eavesdropper can learn either the names of all the people who voted for one person as Guffbearer each night, or the name of the person who one specific person voted for as Guffbearer each night.

The Mercenary can choose to prevent the current Guffbearer from dying if he loses control of the Guff through a night vote.

The Hider can, with the current Guffbearer's consent, choose to conceal the Guffbearer's identity if he is killed in a daykill. (He's not really useful in a game without a Lockout.)

The Fuzzer can halt any power used by one player on another player assuming that he knows which power it is and which players will use it.

The Eavesdropper and The Observer have reserves. When the originals are killed, other 'sleepers' of that class exist and may be awakened.
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-03-25 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

14. - Top - End - #824

Unless everybody gets a role powers are unfair in an all-neutral game.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Hang on, that sounds familiar from somewhere... I wonder where I could've heard about this game before...
    Hey, it's only 18 months late.
    I forgot I'd ever run WW Classic. Still, Banjo weeps at lack of opinions. Except for everyone's favourite kitteh being a smartass, of course.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm a fan of the simpler games so when I see games like Fatbelly V I immediatly get turned off by the sheer scope of them. Others are fans of multi-role mayhem though so don't take this as a nay-say against running it...you just asked for opinions is all.

17. - Top - End - #827

We should start a Guild of the Simple....

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    But then you'd have to make the bad guys ridiculously complex power roles.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Unless everybody gets a role powers are unfair in an all-neutral game.
    @Saposhiente, assuming you're talking to me, I don't quite understand how special roles are any more unfair in my game than in more standard games. The design is actually meant to be more "fair" insofar as every player theoretically could end up being a wolf, or at least get a bit closer to the action.

I think I might really want to run something with those rules... When's the next slot I could start a game in? (Corollary: can I have it?)
    Last edited by BobTheFerret; 2011-03-24 at 05:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Pixie in the Playground

D&d Ww Recruitment Starts On Saturday. Hopefully.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, it's only 18 months late.
    I forgot I'd ever run WW Classic. Still, Banjo weeps at lack of opinions. Except for everyone's favourite kitteh being a smartass, of course.
    It looks like fun.

Don't forget to PM the following, once you begin recruitment:

{table=head]Player|Last Activity
    Mordokai|24Mar11
    Billtodamax|24Mar11
    The Bookworm|16Jun10
    Uncle Festy|16Mar11
    Dallas-Dakota|6Mar11
    Fleeing Coward|24Mar11
    Opeth Freak|28Dec09
    Murska|24Mar11
    Freshmeat|10May10
    Alarra|24Mar11
    Wolfbane|24Mar11
    Mustiado|22Mar11
    Aemoh|18Mar11
    Helgraf|24Mar11
    Reinholdt|24Mar11
    Happyturtle|24Mar11
    [/table]

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #832

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFerret View Post
    @Saposhiente, assuming you're talking to me, I don't quite understand how special roles are any more unfair in my game than in more standard games. The design is actually meant to be more "fair" insofar as every player theoretically could end up being a wolf, or at least get a bit closer to the action.

I think I might really want to run something with those rules... When's the next slot I could start a game in? (Corollary: can I have it?)
    You're applying logic that works in a different kind of WW game. Sans power roles, look at what everybody is at the start. Everybody has the same role, and everybody is only interested in themselves. This is what I mean by an all-neutral game. The number of teams is the number of players, and in a balanced werewolf game, every team should have the same amount of power. Thus, you can a. have no power roles, b. have power roles that come with a disadvantage for a net power change of 0, or c. have everyone get a power role so everyone is raised to the new, fair leve.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    You're applying logic that works in a different kind of WW game. Sans power roles, look at what everybody is at the start. Everybody has the same role, and everybody is only interested in themselves. This is what I mean by an all-neutral game. The number of teams is the number of players, and in a balanced werewolf game, every team should have the same amount of power. Thus, you can a. have no power roles, b. have power roles that come with a disadvantage for a net power change of 0, or c. have everyone get a power role so everyone is raised to the new, fair leve.
    I'm not seeing any powers that are going to noticeably shift the game in that player's favor, at least assuming the Blackout can't target themselves. And having an advantage is itself a disadvantage when the non-power teams outnumber you.

24. - Top - End - #834

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    with Reverse being the head of the guild

and Ultimate kaos/LLD being the opposite.
    I am alive!

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Don't forget to PM the following, once you begin recruitment:

{table=head]Player|Last Activity
    The Bookworm|16Jun10
    Dallas-Dakota|6Mar11
    Opeth Freak|28Dec09
    Freshmeat|10May10
    [/table]
    ...Not much point in contacting these by the looks of it! Does this mean Freshmeat's disappeared again? That makes me a sad panda.

As for the complication issue with Fatbelly, I might be streamlining it a bit, back down to everyone against the Elucidated Brethren of the Ebon Doughnut. That worked pretty well last time, and with a few tweaks it could work again. I'll think on it, given that I want to run a game people want to play, rather than a confusing mess (ACIII, I'm looking at you!).

I'll post updated rules closer to recruitment, gives me some times to do a few hypothetical playtests.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-03-25 at 06:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

There's no need to PM me about this one. Murska "Hannibal" the Cannibal is back in action!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll think on it, given that I want to run a game people want to play, rather than a confusing mess (ACIII, I'm looking at you!).
    Are we to understand that the fourth one will be even more confusing?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFerret View Post
    I'm still thinking about ideas for unconventional WW variants, and I've gotten pretty happy with this one. It's got the same central concept as my last idea: the 'werewolf' power is transferable, and whoever has it at the end of the game wins. The goal of this is to cause a whole lot of frantic alliance-building, as well as to loosen the stability which comes from knowing what your role will be for the rest of the game. I'd definitely like some comments on this one.
    Did that once. Ended up with masons hogging up both transferable powers and screwing all non-mason players out of the game, IIRC :P

29. - Top - End - #839
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    with Reverse being the head of the guild

and Ultimate kaos/LLD being the opposite.
    Nah, Classic would be head of the guild. 'Cause, y'know, it's Classic. Reverse and Simply would be pretty high up for their simplicity though.

...Not much point in contacting these by the looks of it!
    I dunno, Dallas could probably be encouraged to return.
    The others, yeah, Freshmeat and Bookworm just sort of vanished as I recall, and Opeth Freak said he'd be gone for an indeterminate but hopefully short amount of time. Obviously it hasn't been short.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Did that once. Ended up with masons hogging up both transferable powers and screwing all non-mason players out of the game, IIRC :P
    Well, you've got to admit that there was a lot of tap-dancing and alliances though.