New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

That reminds me, LT, are you still willing to conarrate?
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I make a TERRIBLE co-narrator/narrator.

However should anyone want help they can ask, I guess... maybe.... Fine they can ask...

Though I would like to remind you I am a terrible narrator!!!!! (what do you mean people aren't buying that?)
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2011-04-11 at 01:25 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    That reminds me, LT, are you still willing to conarrate?
    Not till after Mummy....my bookkeeping is already fuzzy.

I am also promised to Co-Nar for Classic....

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Nexus of the Future II has been submited and is awaiting approval.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #965

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Not till after Mummy....my bookkeeping is already fuzzy.

I am also promised to Co-Nar for Classic....
    I noticed.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I write rules for a Scott Pilgrim WW (both movie and book versions) would anyone care to run it? I'm far too lazy to do it myself.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a poor co-narrator, just ask Onasuma.

Seriously though, I need to have a strong connection to the story/setting of any game I run or help to run. Without that I lose interest and become a liability. So to conarrate a game I would have to be really into the setting, and that hasn't happened here yet. I'd love to help new narrators get started, but in general I'm going to be more use in this thread commenting on rules, roles and balance than I am trying to help them conarrate.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #968
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thinkin of running a couple of AvP (WW)

1) i see there is other sci-fi alien treads and some of them is link-death so am I, stepping on any toes with this.

2) here are my first draft of rules what do you think?

2a) would wery much like to hear about the androids winning condition is day 10 to far? to short?

3) any quistions any thing I need to specify

---
    Alien vs. Predator

15 players

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Team Ship crew (Villager)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1x Captain
    *Vote Lynch
    *Captains orders.

1x Security officer (Mason)
    *Vote Lynch
    *2nd in command.
    *Conquer and divide.

3x Marines (Mason & Banner)
    *Vote Lynch
    *Serve and protect.
    *Full auto only.

1x Scientist (Seer)
    *Vote Lynch
    *Blood analysis

1x Android (Day Banner)
    *Vote Lynch
    *Metal parts
    *System flaw

8x Crew
    *Vote Lynch

Team Aliens (Werewolf 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1x Alien queen (Alpha)
    *Vote Lynch
    *Vote night kill
    *Spawn

0+ Alien Drone
    *Vote Lynch
    *Vote night kill
    *Evolve

0-1 Alien warrior (beast)
    *Vote Lynch
    *Vote night kill
    *Go down fighting

Team Predator (Werewolf 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Predator
    *Stealth suit
    *Hunt

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

Vote Lynch.
    Day.
    All people except the Predator have 1 vote for the day lynch.

Captains orders.
    Day.
    Day votes counts triple, but the role is public known.

2nd in command.
    Passive.
    If Captain dies you gets promoted and exchange this skill with Captains orders.

Conquer and divide.
    Night. (PM)
    Each night you can assign the use of one marines serve and protect skill (this overwrites the roles own chose, but s/he will be informed) this ability can’t be used on the same marine 2 nights in a row.

Serve and protect.
    Night. (PM)
    Each night he may protect someone from a night-kill or face hugger, if the chosen person is target by a night kill the marine will chase the attacker away, and if it’s a face hugger it will be killed. This skill can’t be used on a night following a day were the skill Full auto only was used by the marine

Full auto only.
    Day.
    This skill can be used to shoot after the cloaked Predator. It is used by posting the name of the person the marine suspect is the predator, if correct the predator is killed if not all that happens is that the marine have made so much noise that all know s/he is a marine.

Blood analysis
    Day/Night (PM)
    Day: with the permission of another player (you both PM when this skill is used) you can test his/her blood and see if it the person is Alien/Human/Android/Infested, you get the result and the end of the following Day.
    Night: You sneak down to the morgue and test a death bodys DNA finding out what the person was Alien/Human/Android/Infested.
    When you use this skill it unenviable in the next phase (if you use it at day you can’t use it the coming night and visa versa)

Metal parts
    Passive.
    Any try by the aliens to kill or infest you will fail, but both you and the attacker get to know each others names.

System flaw
    Day. (PM)
    You can chose a person to protect from the lynch, if the person is chosen for lynch a system flaw will make it impossibly to find the person on the ship scan and the lynch will fail.

Vote night kill
    Night. (PM)
    All aliens can vote towards who they are going to kill, when voting is done if equal the queen’s vote decide, the it is randomized which alien that tries to performs the kill.

Spawn
    Night. (PM)
    The queen can spawn a face hugger each 1d4 days (rolled by narrator) and send to infest another player, the player knows he is infested and will be turned to an alien Drone 2 nights later.

Evolve
    Passive.
    The Alien (non-queen) with the most night kills evolves into a alien warrior, if at anytime an alien drone gets more kills then the alien warrior this alien takes over the role.

Go down fighting
    Passive.
    Any time the alien warrior is killed it kills one that voted on it, if the predator kills the alien warrior there is 50% chance both will die, and 50% chance the predator will get a clean kill.

Stealth suit
    Passive. (PM)
    The predator is cloaked which means s/he do not post in the tread and all actions are handled true PM with the narrator, the only 2 roles that have a chance of killing the predator is the marines and the alien warrior.

Hunt
    Day/Night/Day. (PM)
    Day 1: Scanning the predator chooses a target to scan, finding out then if the target is one of marine, alien (all kinds) or android if not it’s not a worthy target and the predator looks for other prey.
    Night 1: playing with the prey, the predator sends out recorded sounds to nerve the target (the predator chooses a post the target have made in another tread on this forum, were the predator also have posted and PM it to the narrator)
    Day 2
    Time to kill and take a trophy.

Victory conditions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ship crew: (-android)
    Purge the ship of aliens and the predator.

Android:
    Get a living alien specimen to the space station (make sure 1 alien is alive en day 10).

Aliens:
    They must simply reduce the number of ship crew to equal their current numbers.

Predator:
    All aliens and warrior ship crew death, must have killed at least 1 alien and warrior ship crew to claim win.
    Avartar by Ceika

9. - Top - End - #969
    Dwarf in the Playground

^^ Is PMing allowed in the game? If so, having a role that can go public is actually a benefit as you can coordinate the whole good team.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

I assume the predator still votes during the day, but the vote doesn't count, yes? I'd say that this isn't a good idea, since it's too easy to exploit to find him, if the stealth doesn't mean he can't post, in which then it'd be obvious anyway. That together with the fact that he needs to be the last one alive but doesn't have any survival abilities and that if he wants to kill he must be in other games, so a new player would have even less chances with him.

If you want a multi-faction game, you should give the other factions a reason to not kill one of them right away. The way things are I'd give the predator three days tops, and that if he can post, otherwise he's dead night one.

Edit: I'd suggest to take a look at other multi-faction games, maybe the witchunt ones with the werewolf role.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-04-12 at 08:25 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    ^^ Is PMing allowed in the game? If so, having a role that can go public is actually a benefit as you can coordinate the whole good team.
    well as far as that there only is one public role, which can be recruited to... I don't see this as a problem as long as the bad guyes keep op the masqurade and claim good roles... plus you can't be 100% sure in trusting the captain as he to can be recruited... or am i totaly off with my thoughts here...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I assume the predator still votes during the day, but the vote doesn't count, yes? I'd say that this isn't a good idea, since it's too easy to exploit to find him, if the stealth doesn't mean he can't post, in which then it'd be obvious anyway. That together with the fact that he needs to be the last one alive but doesn't have any survival abilities and that if he wants to kill he must be in other games, so a new player would have even less chances with him.

If you want a multi-faction game, you should give the other factions a reason to not kill one of them right away. The way things are I'd give the predator three days tops, and that if he can post, otherwise he's dead night one.

Edit: I'd suggest to take a look at other multi-faction games, maybe the witchunt ones with the werewolf role.
    well the ide is that the predator doesen't even post in tread just pm the narrator with intrest in the role and if he gets it he pm narrator with actions... and becaus marins have to go public to shoot at the predator making them self target of aliens.... well its just a idea to try somthing diffrent the all the other ww's

and i have been looking at alot of ww rules and reading alot of ww playing treads to look at tacktiks... but don't know how it will work :)
    Avartar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Fatbelly V - Who's for Dessert is underway! Wow, it feels weird saying that after so long...

As for Blood_caller's game, it looks potentially interesting, and I don't think you'd be treading on anyone's toes by running it. It seems like a cross between a normal WW game and Assassins, a game that was played here a while ago where you got PM's your targets and had to 'kill' them by posting a shot right after them in any thread. One thing I would say is that it favours those who have A LOT of time to check through the forums, and those that post in all areas. People like me who only really check a few places would be fairly useless as the Predator, and just as useless at finding him.

Also, if the Predator never has to post in the thread, even to sign up, it's going to be near impossible to find him. There are 40-odd thousand members of this forum, and a thousand or more posts every day. I wouldn't fancy the marine chances. But as Tydude says, if the Predator has to sign up and doesn't post during the day or his vote doesn't count, well that makes him obvious if the villagers stack the vote right. It's a difficult one to balance I think.

If the Predator's vote counted, and instead of killing out of thread they instead had a codeword to include in a post to activate a kill, maybe that would be more viable?

13. - Top - End - #973
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Can you put down a tentative Alien Invasion IV for the first week of July, which I believe is the Monday 4th or Sunday 3rd ( depending on how you're dating it, not sure. <.< )

Ruleset will be put up for critique closer to the date. Although it will most likely be the same as before (normal werewolf game, only difference is no information is given on whether someone is baned or killed).
    Last edited by Castaras; 2011-04-14 at 06:12 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #974
    Pixie in the Playground

It looks like Shape-shifters 2 is going to have some auto-lynches. Does anyone want to help out with replacements? Please PM me or reply in thread if you want to join in!

15. - Top - End - #975
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just to announce: I'm away from now on for a week. Please don't autolynch me in any games I am (and also in the games I'm not I don't want to get autolynched).
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976

Which reminds me, since LT is going to be busy for the first part of Insane Mafia, do I have a backup narrator? I just realized that since this is my Senior year, and I am a senior, and the date falls right around graduation, there is a possibility that I won't be able to be on at critical times (although I usually manage to make room). Rather safe than sorry, any volunteers? BTW, in case things do work out with LT, I will not be sharing the "Big Secret" until about recruitment time.

17. - Top - End - #977

I'm putting up an away notice for the next week and a half or so due to a heavy amount of essays, midterms, and homework that will probably make it so this is the last chance I'll have to get on in a while. This goes for Llama llama duck and Fatbelly. I'll try to PM the respective narrators, but if I don't, someone let them know please.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I'm putting up an away notice for the next week and a half or so due to a heavy amount of essays, midterms, and homework that will probably make it so this is the last chance I'll have to get on in a while. This goes for Llama llama duck and Fatbelly. I'll try to PM the respective narrators, but if I don't, someone let them know please.
    Got it, if anyone autolynches in Fatbelly, you won't be following them.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Halfling in the Playground

any interest in a Mafia noir game...like the good old days?

...the Shadow knows...
    Last edited by Joosbawx; 2011-04-20 at 01:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980

*Pulls on trenchcoat*

*lowers fedora over eyes*

*Internally monologues*

Yeah, I think I'd be up for that.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981

Joos! *does cartwheels*

I know Andre Fairchilde has been keeping the series going, but I don't think he's running one right now. I can assure you that you'll get interest, though. His always fill up. If you want to keep with the series, I think Mafia XII is the next one due. You might want to get in touch with Andre and see if he had any plans for it or not. I believe that Mafia falls under the auspices of "big name games which have no difficulty attracting players" so scheduling would be mostly at your discretion.

Of course, Thufir is the manager of the calendar and I defer to his organization skills for keeping track of who's doing what and when.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

22. - Top - End - #982

DrowGirl

Joos!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

I believe that Andre does have plans for it.

But, InaVegt started up Mafia Classic a while ago. Maybe you could run Mafia Classic II, and keep the Noir going there.

Oh, and might I add, if you guys had joined Assassins IV, you would have known Joosbawx had returned awhile ago.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-04-20 at 03:43 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #984

wow, that was quite then reception, thanks all.

alrighty...well...I will send some PMs and see if there is room on the schedule for a Mafia game sometime relatively soon. I am thinking of doing a second run of the first game I narrated with the Maltese Falcon rules.

link to the Mafia III thread with rules.

if someone in charge wants to PM me about an opening for this, please do.

looks like there may be an opening for May 9th...again, don't wanna step on anyone's toes, though.
    Last edited by Joosbawx; 2011-04-20 at 04:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #985

Mafia III was my second WW game here. Man, what great memories.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

26. - Top - End - #986

Mafia III is still my favorite ww game of ever. I would happily play another.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

27. - Top - End - #987

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Gotcha TFT.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Mafia III is still my favorite ww game of ever. I would happily play another.
    I see you still have the Maltese Falcon in your signature, Alarra.

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Joosbawx View Post
    I see you still have the Maltese Falcon in your signature, Alarra.
    I've been meaning to update my signature, most of those are fairly old and I"ve some new ones that I'd rather be showing. The falcon will always stay in though. I'm rather proud of that one. =)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

30. - Top - End - #990

So, in an effort to not step on the toes of anyone that is already associated with Mafia and Mafia Classic...would it be best to make the Noir style game its own "brand"...since it does use the Maltese Falcon and have different and extra rules than a straight Mafia or Mafia Classic game? It wouldn't necessarily be run back to back like these other games are, but just as an occasional dust-off for nostalgia purposes?

Probably call it something like: The Maltese Falcon

Also, it seems that there is still an available opening to start May 9th...is that cool with everyone?