New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Joosbawx View Post
    So, in an effort to not step on the toes of anyone that is already associated with Mafia and Mafia Classic...would it be best to make the Noir style game its own "brand"...since it does use the Maltese Falcon and have different and extra rules than a straight Mafia or Mafia Classic game? It wouldn't necessarily be run back to back like these other games are, but just as an occasional dust-off for nostalgia purposes?

Probably call it something like: The Maltese Falcon

Also, it seems that there is still an available opening to start May 9th...is that cool with everyone?
    Fine by me.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

You can have my spot at May 2nd.

Due to unforeseen absentness of DnD's primary narrator, I seem to be running two games, at once.

In this case, three is not a charm. Thufir, may I please have itp: Battle for Haruki-kun moved to June 6th.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-04-20 at 07:40 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #993
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Mafia III is still my favorite ww game of ever. I would happily play another.
    Mafia 3 was my shining moment. Far better than the Pirates debacle as far as I'm concerned. I might play as well.... just for nostalgia.

And HI JOOS!
    Last edited by Shadow; 2011-04-20 at 08:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    You can have my spot at May 2nd.
    Awww, that's too bad, but thank you, Lex-Kat. May 2nd it is. I'll make a signup thread tonight after I finish with the intro post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    And HI JOOS!
    Shadow!!! Nice muffin.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Banned

Shadow!!! Nice muffin.
    It's a Blueberry Jibar.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

May 2nd it is.
    This is contrary to the PM you sent me since asking for May 9th. Which slot do you want? I've stuck you in May 2nd for now but I can move you if you'd rather have that extra week.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    This is contrary to the PM you sent me since asking for May 9th. Which slot do you want? I've stuck you in May 2nd for now but I can move you if you'd rather have that extra week.
    Thank you...and oops.

Since I signed up for Nexus of the Future, lets put The Maltese Falcon on May 9th, please. Will make sure that neither game suffers starting back to back weeks.

Signup/Game thread started and awaiting approval.

soooo excited!
    Last edited by Joosbawx; 2011-04-21 at 03:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'll be away on vacation for the next week, until the 29th. I don't know if I'll have internet access there, or even the time. So yeah... don't autolynch me.
    As for regular lynching... eh.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

9. - Top - End - #999
    Firbolg in the Playground

OK, I want people's opinions: should games which got as far as a recruitment thread, but were then cancelled before actually starting, be included in the Games Archive in the fourth post?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wanted to say that sometime in the middle of may I'll be hosting another witchunt game, this time with updated rules. The thing is, while I can handle the tecnical aspects of the game, I'm not a very good narrator, so if someone could help me by co-narrating I'd be thankfull.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I just wanted to say that sometime in the middle of may I'll be hosting another witchunt game, this time with updated rules. The thing is, while I can handle the tecnical aspects of the game, I'm not a very good narrator, so if someone could help me by co-narrating I'd be thankfull.
    Updated rules? Please tell more.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Updated rules? Please tell more.
    Well, I've been talking with Sotek and he said that the most updated version of the rules is this one. I'll explain more when I get a recruitment thread running, but I plan on running this ruleset.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #1003

to whom it may concern...moderators, most likely...

sorry if I come across as impatient, which I certainly don't mean to do at all, so please view this as a simple inquiry. I submitted a new thread with the rules, etc., for the upcoming Maltese Falcon game. Of course it needs to be approved by one of the moderators/admins...it has been over 24 hours and I am just curious if there was something wrong with the thread I submitted, or if there was something further I needed to do in order to get that thread available to the public?

If I'm simply jumping the gun, I apologize and promise to be patient; however, if I have missed a step and you are waiting on me...well, that is the purpose of the inquiry.

Thanks in advance,

Joosbawx

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

OK, I want people's opinions: should games which got as far as a recruitment thread, but were then cancelled before actually starting, be included in the Games Archive in the fourth post?
    In general, no. They didn't actually start the game.

I only included the original Mafia recruitment thread because the recruiting not only began, but the game did start. Which is something that is confirmed by Alarra's statement when she join's DM77's original Werewolf.

And in some cases, the Narrator may try again later. As was done with one of DS7's Witches games, and ThePhantom's Gamers.

sorry if I come across as impatient, which I certainly don't mean to do at all, so please view this as a simple inquiry. I submitted a new thread with the rules, etc., for the upcoming Maltese Falcon game. Of course it needs to be approved by one of the moderators/admins...it has been over 24 hours and I am just curious if there was something wrong with the thread I submitted, or if there was something further I needed to do in order to get that thread available to the public?

If I'm simply jumping the gun, I apologize and promise to be patient; however, if I have missed a step and you are waiting on me...well, that is the purpose of the inquiry.

Thanks in advance,

Joosbawx
    Try PMing Alarra & Zeb. Sometimes they don't notice the submitted games, or even the post here, announcing the submission.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Pixie in the Playground

No way, Jose. Recruitment ain't a game!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Thanks in advance,

Joosbawx
    Sorry bout that. I'm out of town this week, so have been online far less frequently than usual and Zeb has a tendency to only check the post queue while he's at work, so if it was posted after about 5am yesterday, it's likely he would have missed it. It's been approved now though.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Thank you, Alarra, and I apologize for being impertinent and impatient.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Thank you, Alarra, and I apologize for being impertinent and impatient.
    Don't be silly, I appreciate pm's about submitted threads as I often forget to check the post queue. I probably wouldn't have noticed your thread until I got back in town on Monday night otherwise.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    pm's
    NEEEEEEEERRRRD RAAAAAAAAAGEEEE
    @v: I haven't gotten my Recommended DaiWeekly IntakeOutput of apostrophe ranting yet, and what's so hard about "PMs"?
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2011-04-23 at 01:04 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh stop PMSing, will ya?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Oh stop PMSing, will ya?
    It's good to know I wasn't the only one thinking this.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    @v: I haven't gotten my Recommended DaiWeekly IntakeOutput of apostrophe ranting yet, and what's so hard about "PMs"?
    As enraging as it may look, using an apostrophe to indicate the plural of an abbreviation is considered acceptable (Reference here and here).

So, lawyered.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post
    As enraging as it may look, using an apostrophe to indicate the plural of an abbreviation is considered acceptable (Reference here and here).

So, lawyered.
    Since PM is a normal abbreviation (Private Message), it would be incorrect to use an apostrophe for the pluralization. Your second example actually shows that it is incorrect to use an apostrophe, while your first example does not reference the rule for abbreviations at all.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Quote Originally Posted by Firemeier View Post

So, lawyered.
    Nazi science sneers at exceptions, and continually undermines them with exceptions to exceptions, as ^ pointed out.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Since PM is a normal abbreviation (Private Message), it would be incorrect to use an apostrophe for the pluralization. Your second example actually shows that it is incorrect to use an apostrophe
    Huh, turns out I didn't completely read that second link. The example with SOS's had me convinced. The difference seems a bit contrived, but yeah... grammar is a female canine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    while your first example does not reference the rule for abbreviations at all.
    Yes, it does. It just doesn't give an example for abbreviations. And it doesn't cover any exception from the exception.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

26. - Top - End - #1016

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    There are far more important things to rage about. It was understood what she meant. In her case, not adding the apostrophe would have had her appreciating pms when people submit threads for approval. I think this would have been more confusing.

Furthermore, I like reminding folks that her graduate thesis from her masters program is published in a peer reviewed scientific journal. She knows how to communicate. But this is an informal medium where, just as in daily speech, people tend to take some liberties with the structured written language.

Now, how about we talk about werewolf style games instead of beleaguered punctuation?
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry, Zeb. Won't happen again!

To get back on topic: Shape-shifters 2 has ended with a Shape-shifter Victory!
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2011-04-24 at 11:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you all that WW Isocerne City still needs 8 players to start. It's got a really cool concept and is being run by a really smart person (not me) so come on by and join!

29. - Top - End - #1019

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    There are far more important things to rage about. It was understood what she meant. In her case, not adding the apostrophe would have had her appreciating pms when people submit threads for approval. I think this would have been more confusing.

Furthermore, I like reminding folks that her graduate thesis from her masters program is published in a peer reviewed scientific journal. She knows how to communicate. But this is an informal medium where, just as in daily speech, people tend to take some liberties with the structured written language.

Now, how about we talk about werewolf style games instead of beleaguered punctuation?
    Oooohhhh, Grandpappy Mod just smacked ya behind with his cane! LOL

I spoke with one Mr. Andre Fairchilde. He apologizes for not being around as often. He has a new job in which he works the night shift, he is working on his certification for Six Sigma black belt (business ninja for those who are unfamiliar with the program), plus he is taking care of the newest member to the Fairchilde clan. Needless to say, RL has stolen him away from us for some time. he wishes everyone the best.

Joos - he says to tell you he's honored that you will be running some versions of mafia in the near future and regrets that he will not be around to participate as a player in them.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

30. - Top - End - #1020

awww, well, Andre will be missed, though sounds like he has some cool real life stuff happening, so I wish him the best. having just returned from a lengthy real life hiatus myself, I completely understand.