New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    I know I don't (though I'm not a decent avatarist either ).
    You indecent avatarists are also welcome around here, as long as your works stay pg-13.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Banner's sound like a good idea. I'll happily display any that someone comes up with.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

Perhaps have two versions of the banner, one pro-Town and one pro-Wolf, with each having art of the games eg. the wolf banner having the puppetmaster thing from Fate III (cropped and shrunk of course)

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

I forgot to mention....

ItP, Chapter 2: Battle for Haruki-Kun has started recruitment. Join!!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #1115

Default You didn't forget....

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I forgot to mention....

ItP, Chapter 2: Battle for Haruki-Kun has started recruitment. Join!!
    You Should Sign Up Right Now! I did, and it's AWESOME.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

6. - Top - End - #1116

Dethy V ended with Cop Victory!
    Dethy VI submitted for approval.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Insane Mafia is running (actually, it has been running for some time, sorry about not posting that.)
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

8. - Top - End - #1118

Default But Does Any One Else Know?

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    You Should Sign Up Right Now! I did, and it's AWESOME.
    Quoted for Truth.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-05-31 at 11:04 PM.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Post Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I'd like to co-narrate in a game or have someone co-narrate my game (see posts 1087 & 1096).

I'd prefer to co-narrate before running my idea, but it's okay either way.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Lawyer #1 View Post
    I'd like to co-narrate in a game or have someone co-narrate my game (see posts 1087 & 1096).

I'd prefer to co-narrate before running my idea, but it's okay either way.
    At the minute you're signed up to play in Classic. If you die in that I'll bring you onboard to co-narrate with myself and Lex. If that's cool with you of course?

EDIT - On that classical note. Classic begins 7/6/11. Sign up while you can!

Classic XIII
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-06-01 at 10:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1121

I've one question. With a pro-wolf/pro-villager duo of banners for advertising, what do you all think would be the best 'wording' for them?

12. - Top - End - #1122

"Help save the villagers! Sign up now!"/"Help devour the villagers! Sign up now!"?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    At the minute you're signed up to play in Classic. If you die in that I'll bring you onboard to co-narrate with myself and Lex. If that's cool with you of course?

EDIT - On that classical note. Classic begins 7/6/11. Sign up while you can!

Classic XIII
    I'd like that very much. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #1124

NecromancerGirl

Hmmmmm could I run a small game right now if I wanted to? or would I need to schedule it?

The thought of running a small MTG style game has crossed my mind.

I'll post rules later depending on when I could schedule it.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

I've sketched down a few ideas for signatures, and I plan to get on working with them during the weekend. They will probably follow this theme, if it's ok:

Suggestions, outcries and such on practically everything are welcome - especially now since I'm not far gone with the others and changes should be easy.

Further tweaking regarding image size will be done when I'm done with the others sop they get a uniform feel.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I've sketched down a few ideas for signatures, and I plan to get on working with them during the weekend. They will probably follow this theme, if it's ok:

Suggestions, outcries and such on practically everything are welcome - especially now since I'm not far gone with the others and changes should be easy.

Further tweaking regarding image size will be done when I'm done with the others sop they get a uniform feel.
    I like it. No further comments
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks snazzy

Nice and clear, but not big enough to be intrusive and make me not want to put it in my signature. Look forward to seeing the others and picking one to promote in the sig!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, done then I guess. I think I've made no spelling mistakes, but if you spot one just nudge me and I'll correct it.
    If you want one slightly altered just say, it might be possible to do.

---

The generic banners:

---

Rakkoon asked for a signature with a raccoon in it, and possibly a wolf. I compromised and made a wolfy rakkoon.
    It was also requested that it should be wide rather than high, so I increased the width compared to the generic to get a better height/width ratio.

---

Supagoof didn't ask for anything, but I quoted him anyway.

I changed the quote slightly and it came out this way:

---

{table=head]Signature|Size
    Villager|337x92
    Neutral|337x108
    Wolf|337x99
    Protect|353x106
    Rakkoon|419x95
    Supagoof wire-frame|235x75
    Supagoof filled|277x75
    [/table]

---

Code for inserting a centered image linking (as an example) to the Structured games overview:
    [center][url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50][IMG]IMAGE ADDRESS[/IMG][/url][/center]

Other places worth linking to might be the first page of a game you want to promote, or the WW central:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169067
    ---

If you chose to use one of these then you can either take the image addresses from my album or re-host them yourself. Your choice.
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2011-06-04 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Khal got a point, and I found a typo

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, all the banners look amazing. Using the 'protect the world' one if I start posting outside of structured games.

My only comment is on bringing people to the structured games overview: Would bringing them to the first post of this thread, or another, newbie friendly thread be a better idea? I know that when I came back from a three-ish year break, the first game I saw was Witchhunt, and I could see all the talking and strategy in that game scaring people off.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, something to think about. And when we're on that track, I suppose there is nothing to stop you from linking to games you want to promote instead.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

I like them. Good job Elder Tsofu.

But... What's the difference between the two Rakkoon ones?

@V Ah, now I see it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-06-04 at 02:48 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, and the difference is that one Rakkoon got an eyebrow.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Rakkoon asked for a signature with a raccoon in it, and possibly a wolf. I compromised and made a wolfy rakkoon.
    It was also requested that it should be wide rather than high, so I increased the width compared to the generic to get a better height/width ratio.

'Giantip'?
    Methinks you're missing a T there. Sorry to nit-pick.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

Typo, uhm what typo? ^^
    Thanks for spotting it.
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2011-06-04 at 05:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Pixie in the Playground

You could try a Portal style sig. A white figure for the villager, a red for the wolf... a quote from Portal...

"Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing."

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

... doesn't it tend to be the other way around here though? -.-

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

So, I'd like to start a Werewolf game on July 12th, as that's week after the last scheduled game. I'm posting this far in advanced mostly to start asking around for a co-narrator, as it'll be my second time being the narrator of a game.
    trill in da playground

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

It's just under a month until Alien Invasion, and I'm writing some rules up so that all these ideas will leave me alone.

Spoiler
    Show

Alien Invasion IV

Considering the lack of players at the moment, I've got two sets of rules in mind - one for less people, one for more. Will decide on which to use closer to the time. Pretty much the only difference is how the abductions (nightkills) work.

Rules A:
    Villagers, Seer, Fool, Baner, Masons, maybe an Assassin
    Wolves, Devil, Alpha, maybe a Beast

Night kills are not revealed to anyone, nor is any baning. You have to work this out for yourselves! If there was an assassin, then his kills wouldn't be revealed either.

Rules B:
    At beginning:
    Villagers, Baner, Masons, maybe an Assassin
    Wolves, Devil, Alpha, maybe a Beast

Night kills not revealed to anyone, nor is baning. But, if you are abducted by the aliens, there is a chance that you will return. If you return, you could either be a normal villager still, a mind-controlled villager that works for the aliens (not sure if they should know the alien team or not), or the seer. There wouldn't be a fool in this version because of the seer coming back later on in the game than normal. However, may still make the seer with 75% chance of being correct rather than 100% anyway.

The second set of rules would be the one I'd want to run - it's closer to the original ruleset that Purple Cube had back in I and II. But I'm not sure how to keep it balanced. Any suggestions?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, backwards is even funnier:

"Starting now, there's going to be a lot less killing and a lot more conversation."

Generation 5
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.
    Degeneration 91
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I want to run this idea by you all.

NPC WW.

Spoiler
    Show

8-12 players 26-36 villagers

The players are immortals that sit over the chaos of the town. Players don't vote each other off since you are not the villagers. The villagers and wolves are premade NPCs. One for each member of the alphabet (6 wolves).

Each player is secretly tied to 2-5 villagers. Their lives strengthen the roles of the players. The more of your villagers alive, the stronger your power. Villagers can be tied to multiple players and factions.

Dead villagers only reveal alignment and role tied to.

Normal WW Victory conditions.

Seer (Good): Starts with 3 tied villagers
    3 Villagers: Scries alignment and which role is tied to
    1-2 Villagers: Scries alignment only
    0 Villagers: No scry

Fool (Good): Starts with 3 tied villagers
    3 Villagers: Random results scries alignment and which role is tied to
    1-2 Villagers: Random results scries alignment only

Baner (Good): Starts with 4 tied villagers
    3-4 Villagers: Day and night bane
    1-2 Villagers: Night Bane only
    0 Villagers: Nothing

Lover (Good): Starts with 2 tied villagers
    2 Villagers: If one of your villagers die, the other dies too. Tied villagers cannot be recruited.
    0 Villagers: May choose new lovers at night.

Mason (Good): Starts with 7 tied villagers. Villager cannot start tied to any evil players

Priest (Good): Starts with 2 tied villagers
    2 Villagers: Every other night, may revive a villager tied to another player
    1 Villager: Every third night, may revive a villager tied to another player

Villager (Good): Starts with 4 tied villagers
    4 Villagers: Once per game may night bane a villager by voting for them and sending a PM
    0-3 Villagers: Nothing

Devil (Evil): Starts with 3 tied villagers/wolves
    2-3 Villagers: Scries which villager is tied to and their role
    1 Villagers: Scries who villager is tied to only.

Alpha (Evil): Starts with 3 tied villagers/wolves
    3 Villagers or more: Tied villagers scry as villager tied to Baner. May recruit one villager at night
    2-1 Villagers: Tied villagers scry as villager tied to Baner.

Beast (Evil): Starts with 3 tied villagers/wolves
    3 Villagers: If tied villager is lynched, one of the villagers tied to the last person who voted for him will also die. Can sacrifice a villager for an extra night kill.
    2 Villagers: If tied villager is lynched, one of the villagers tied to a random person who voted for him will also die.
    1 Villager: Can sacrifice a villager for an extra night kill.

Last edited by Orzel; 2011-06-05 at 04:54 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris