New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    St. Trinian's WW has been submitted for moderator approval.
    And it's up.
    Sign up! First-time narrator! Setting is amusing! Rules are probably not broken! Gratuitous exclamation points!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I've thought of running my own special WW game for a while now (I 'caught' the bug during a party where we played Mafia and I narrated one of the games), and an idea that could be entertaining, or at least interesting:

Star Trek: The Borg Infiltration- The Borg have enhanced their techniques and implants so that they can look and act like a normal member of Starfleet. Ever since they mysteriously assimilated some of the Founders- their tactics have changed- they are more subterfuge than brute force now, and every ship is in danger.

One question about the recruitment rule before I post my special rules and see if I can drum up any interest (I mean, its not like the internet has and Star Trek fans on it...): how does it work, in general?

My idea is that in the night narration, everyone learn that someone has been assimilated, but not specifically who. That player is PM'd with the "good" news, and there is a 1 day/night "quarantine" period (while their Borg implants are installed) in which there is the possibility they could be rescued. Once that cycle is over, they are introduced to the Borg Network as a full fledged member.

EDIT: Also, does anyone want to co-narrate this with a relative newbie?
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2010-10-08 at 09:24 AM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    EDIT: Also, does anyone want to co-narrate this with a relative newbie?
    We can double newb narrate.

I've got RL experience, but not forum experience. Though people can probably vouch by now I am both punctual and very loud.

My idea is that in the night narration, everyone learn that someone has been assimilated, but not specifically who. That player is PM'd with the "good" news, and there is a 1 day/night "quarantine" period (while their Borg implants are installed) in which there is the possibility they could be rescued. Once that cycle is over, they are introduced to the Borg Network as a full fledged member.
    This will probably need to be hashed out a lot, since the rescue mechanics need to be worked through. Perhaps have the Day Lynch work so that it will kill Villagers and Borgs, but if it hits the one mid-quarantine it stops the assimilation?
    Last edited by Ghanz Nmi; 2010-10-08 at 12:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    This will probably need to be hashed out a lot, since the rescue mechanics need to be worked through. Perhaps have the Day Lynch work so that it will kill Villagers and Borgs, but if it hits the one mid-quarantine it stops the assimilation?
    I can see it being a Mason power; they can choose a person to rescue, but the person being rescued learns the identity of one of them, and there's a chance of failure that goes up with number of days as Borg.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

What I came up with was a special role known as "The Commander":

Commander-
    The Commander has leadership traits and abilities beyond a normal Starfleet officer, and must use their skills to not only keep the ship running smoothly, but to keep the Borg at bay until a way to defeat them can be found. He gets the option to use one of the following powers:

Powers:
    Away Team- Once per game, the commander can lead an away team to attempt to rescue a Starfleet officer who has been captured by the Borg. The commander must activate this power during the day, and choose 3 additional officers. All four of the away team members are unable to vote for the day. For the commander and each member of Starfleet on the team, the mission has a 25% cumulative chance of success. For every Borg member selected, the team has a 10% chance of losing a member (including the commander, choosen randomly). These percentages don't effect each other (i.e. if the commander has 2 Starfleet and 1 Borg, the mission has a 75% chance of success, but a 10% of the loss of a member).

-OR-

Enhanced Training- The commander of as Starfleet vessel has training in all areas aboard the ship. When another special officer is killed or assimilated, the commander can take over their role for the next 3 cycles.

----------------------------------------------------------

Like you guys said, it needs some hammering out.

First, I'm not sure I want special roles to be immune to assimilation. Of course, this really could give the Borg an unusually high advantage, if they get a Tactical Officer (the masons). They could be immune however for balancing purposes.

The pros of this would be that the Commander has a reason to use his power beyond just saving some person- if say the Ops Officer (seer) is assimilated, the crew has a chance of saving him- a much higher one if the Commander is in contact with the masons. But if its early in the game, it could be dangerous for him to use it. It might be better to use the other power.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also, here are the rest of the "team good guy" special roles, and their one-time powers (they can choose to use their regular OR special power during the night):

Operations (Ops) Officer- The Ops Officer runs the sensors, communications, and manages the resources of the ship. They can use the ships internal sensors to scan another person. (Seer)

Special Power- Site to site transporter: Once per game the Ops officer can rig the ship's transporters to transport themself or another officer- offering safe passage during the night (PM the narrator during the cycle you wish to use this power- and whether you want to save yourself or someone else)

Science Officer- The science officer is the jack-of-all-trades member of the crew. One day they may be assigned to realign the Dilithium Crystal Chamber, the next day spent crawling around the Jefferies tubes searching for a power fluctuation. They have access to the sensors, but sometimes are a bit distracted by their other duties. (Fool)

Power- Force Fields: Once per game, the Science officer can erect forcefields strategically around the ship, they choose 3 officers during the night (PM the narrator), and those officers can take no action during the next day or night.

Tactical Officers- These officers keep the ship safe, act as security aboard, and run the weapons console. They are in contact with one another to help protect the rest of the ship. (Masons)

Power- Photon Torpedo spread, attack plan Delta 4: The tactical officers can call upon the weaponry of the ship once per game to attack the Borg Cube, causing them to have to reconfigure their shields and disabling their communications for a short time. The Borg lose their night kill for 1 night.

Medical Officer- Trained in healing and the medical arts and sciences, this officer can save the life of another. (Baner)

Power- Emergency Medical Hologram: If the Medical Officer is killed, the EMH activates. It has a 50/50 chance of saving the Medical Officer OR cancelling the next night kill. This can only happens once per game.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Would the 10% chance of member loss apply to the Borg on the team as well?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Would the 10% chance of member loss apply to the Borg on the team as well?
    I rather doubt that, what kind of assassin kills himself?

What I came up with was a special role known as "The Commander":

Commander-
    The Commander has leadership traits and abilities beyond a normal Starfleet officer, and must use their skills to not only keep the ship running smoothly, but to keep the Borg at bay until a way to defeat them can be found. He gets the option to use one of the following powers:

Powers:
    Away Team- Once per game, the commander can lead an away team to attempt to rescue a Starfleet officer who has been captured by the Borg. The commander must activate this power during the day, and choose 3 additional officers. All four of the away team members are unable to vote for the day. For the commander and each member of Starfleet on the team, the mission has a 25% cumulative chance of success. For every Borg member selected, the team has a 10% chance of losing a member (including the commander, choosen randomly). These percentages don't effect each other (i.e. if the commander has 2 Starfleet and 1 Borg, the mission has a 75% chance of success, but a 10% of the loss of a member).

-OR-

Enhanced Training- The commander of as Starfleet vessel has training in all areas aboard the ship. When another special officer is killed or assimilated, the commander can take over their role for the next 3 cycles.
    The Away Team is interesting, in that it at least provides a bit of ambiguity as to who the Captain is, but if everyone is unable to do anything that day, including voting, it might suddenly result in a villager minority if the game is small. Perhaps up the power level of the ability, such as 100% chance of success, with each Borg member decreasing it by 25%, so a failure still yields information for the Away Team. Or have special roles grant 100% chance of success if selected for the Away Team. The problem would be that a rescue attempt would result in the entire Borg network being exposed...

Perhaps instead of the rescue mechanic, do something akin to The Thing WW, where on the first night the chance of assimilation is 100%, and then every night it goes down by a certain percentage as the crew becomes more aware of the danger and prepared to fight to the death?

Also, here are the rest of the "team good guy" special roles, and their one-time powers (they can choose to use their regular OR special power during the night):

Operations (Ops) Officer- The Ops Officer runs the sensors, communications, and manages the resources of the ship. They can use the ships internal sensors to scan another person. (Seer)

Special Power- Site to site transporter: Once per game the Ops officer can rig the ship's transporters to transport themself or another officer- offering safe passage during the night (PM the narrator during the cycle you wish to use this power- and whether you want to save yourself or someone else)

Science Officer- The science officer is the jack-of-all-trades member of the crew. One day they may be assigned to realign the Dilithium Crystal Chamber, the next day spent crawling around the Jefferies tubes searching for a power fluctuation. They have access to the sensors, but sometimes are a bit distracted by their other duties. (Fool)

Power- Force Fields: Once per game, the Science officer can erect forcefields strategically around the ship, they choose 3 officers during the night (PM the narrator), and those officers can take no action during the next day or night.

Tactical Officers- These officers keep the ship safe, act as security aboard, and run the weapons console. They are in contact with one another to help protect the rest of the ship. (Masons)

Power- Photon Torpedo spread, attack plan Delta 4: The tactical officers can call upon the weaponry of the ship once per game to attack the Borg Cube, causing them to have to reconfigure their shields and disabling their communications for a short time. The Borg lose their night kill for 1 night.

Medical Officer- Trained in healing and the medical arts and sciences, this officer can save the life of another. (Baner)

Power- Emergency Medical Hologram: If the Medical Officer is killed, the EMH activates. It has a 50/50 chance of saving the Medical Officer OR cancelling the next night kill. This can only happens once per game.
    Aside from the fact that the Science Officer would kind of have to know he's the Fool because his special ability is different from the Seer's, I think these are interesting roles. Should the Borg have a single special role? Maybe he can call upon the Borg Cube to do something once per game?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

I rather doubt that, what kind of assassin kills himself?

The Away Team is interesting, in that it at least provides a bit of ambiguity as to who the Captain is, but if everyone is unable to do anything that day, including voting, it might suddenly result in a villager minority if the game is small. Perhaps up the power level of the ability, such as 100% chance of success, with each Borg member decreasing it by 25%, so a failure still yields information for the Away Team. Or have special roles grant 100% chance of success if selected for the Away Team. The problem would be that a rescue attempt would result in the entire Borg network being exposed...

Perhaps instead of the rescue mechanic, do something akin to The Thing WW, where on the first night the chance of assimilation is 100%, and then every night it goes down by a certain percentage as the crew becomes more aware of the danger and prepared to fight to the death?

Aside from the fact that the Science Officer would kind of have to know he's the Fool because his special ability is different from the Seer's, I think these are interesting roles. Should the Borg have a single special role? Maybe he can call upon the Borg Cube to do something once per game?
    Oops, good point. Maybe the Seer and Fool has both powers, like the Commander, but can only use one per game.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry to break up the brainstorming, but go sign up for Vampire Masquerade WW, would you kindly? We need only three more players.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry just an idea i had, but would a game that starts with two (or three) teams which start with consist of a seer, an leader and a recruiter apart from these six(nine) the rest start as neutral but start with a non-script title (such as politician). Now depending on which team recruit them, they get different powers.
    For example using the politician: if recruited by team a: Your vote count for double during the day vote as more people listen to you
    Team b: you get to check records so you can check another player see his job title and if he acting funny (he been recruited but not which team)
    Team c: Your Able to use your power to stop anyone listening to another player during the day phase (day baner)
    Would this work and if yes would someone help me run it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Just to add, I am on my 5 can of alcoholic beverage (very bad week) so please be kind if this make little sense and i will clarify in the morning
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2010-10-09 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Blackletter View Post
    Sorry just an idea i had, but would a game that starts with two (or three) teams which start with consist of a seer, an leader and a recruiter apart from these six(nine) the rest start as neutral but start with a non-script title (such as politician). Now depending on which team recruit them, they get different powers.
    For example using the politician: if recruited by team a: Your vote count for double during the day vote as more people listen to you
    Team b: you get to check records so you can check another player see his job title and if he acting funny (he been recruited but not which team)
    Team c: Your Able to use your power to stop anyone listening to another player during the day phase (day baner)
    Would this work and if yes would someone help me run it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Just to add, I am on my 5 can of alcoholic beverage (very bad week) so please be kind if this make little sense and i will clarify in the morning
    I can help you run it. You could look at the Kingdom Hearts WW, which had a similar structure, with two recruiting sides (Team Good and Team Evil) and a neutral side caught inbetween.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Oops, good point. Maybe the Seer and Fool has both powers, like the Commander, but can only use one per game.
    You can have both the Seer and Fool have the same ability, but the Fool's ability sometimes works a little differently. For example, say, if we combine the Force Fields and the Teleporter...

If the Seer uses the power, both his target and himself are invulnerable but cannot post for a Day. If the Fool uses the power, both his target and himself cannot post for the Day, but there's only a 50% chance they will be protected too.

As to the Away Team, you can also have all 4 members of the Team chat independently and then each votes if he wants the mission to succeed or fail, with the number of "succeed" increasing the chance of success by 25%, while each "fail" does nothing. Because any game that takes its players out of action multiple times without giving them something to do is probably going to annoy people who always go on the Captain's field trips.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

I can help you run it. You could look at the Kingdom Hearts WW, which had a similar structure, with two recruiting sides (Team Good and Team Evil) and a neutral side caught inbetween.
    So VArible power acorring to team works and has been done before? damn thought i may have some thing new! \well yes i take you on the offer and will send a P.m soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Default Helgraf's Bomb

I have a small game idea, but I'm worried some may find it offensive. So I thought I'd bring it up here. It's based off a role created by Helgraf in the First Custom Werewolf, the Walking Bomb.

Basically, you have 1 wolf: an Explosive Beast Role, or Bomb.

4 Masons, or Bomb Squad.

and 15 Villagers, or Victims.

The game would only last 5 hours (5 48 hour "days").

{table=head]Hour|If the Bomb is killed, Victims/Masons taken along|If Bomb survives, Victims/Masons evacuated
    1|0 die (19 survivors)|1 evacuated/killed
    2|1 die (17 survivors)|1 evacuated/killed
    3|5 die (13 survivors)|1 evacuated/killed
    4|9 die (7 survivors)|1 evacuated/killed
    5|13 die (2 survivors)|Everyone dies[/table]

I would hope that with only a five day game, there was no Auto-Lynches. But, if there is anyone eligible for AL, they will act as a Self-Sacrificing Day Baner, unless the one dying is the Bomb.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-10-10 at 06:20 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

It looks like a fun little game and I would love to give it a shot. I will point out the obvious, that being, one wolf alone, which means that a lucky lynch is all it takes for a game to end and that kinda sucks. Of course, if you manage to pull it off, the victory is all the sweeter.

And of course the possibility of the wolf getting autolynched, which, well... just sucks.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Blackletter View Post
    So variable power according to team works and has been done before? Damn, thought I might have something new! Well yes I take you on the offer and will send a PM soon.
    Variable power according to team is a new idea I think, but multiple teams recruiting neutrals has happened in a couple of different forms.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Has there ever been a game of Quantum Wolf on this board?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Has there ever been a game of Quantum Wolf on this board?
    This could be intersting.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

One of my players got banned. (Again. Sheesh.) Anyone up for replacement?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    One of my players got banned. (Again. Sheesh.) Anyone up for replacement?
    For the City? I can't dual-wield, can I?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I could do as a replacement.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I will point out the obvious, that being, one wolf alone, which means that a lucky lynch is all it takes for a game to end and that kinda sucks.
    This. Zero skill involved. One hundred percent luck. Plays to a "better him than me" attitude which promotes mindless immediate bandwagons the first few days, and then becomes a frantic "find him now!" attitude for the following days.... but there isn't any way to find him.

Of course, if you manage to pull it off, the victory is all the sweeter.
    Disagree.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean for the wolf.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Some people find pure luck games fun, or RAF wouldn't get so many players.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the main difference between WW and RAF is in the premise. RAF is meant as nothing but a game of luck from the start, while WW is set as game of skill. Sure, the luck plays a big part in every WW game, but it should never be the exclusive element in winning the game for either party. At least that's the way I see it.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

I mean for the wolf.
    I know you meant for the wolf. But I wouldn't consider that a sweet win. He got lucky that no one started a bandwagon against him for five *whole* days. Big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Some people find pure luck games fun, or RAF wouldn't get so many players.
    Mordokai answered it perfectly.
    I'm not saying it would be a bad game. I'm saying I wouldn't enjoy it.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

There is some merit to what you say. I just learned to take my victories as they come, seeing as they are rare and few in between.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

seeing as they are rare and few in between.
    Lies.
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm going to take the October fourth space and submit a thread for it now.

Just consider it a late game. And I won't limit the number of players, and adjust the death toll by the number of players.

If I get enough, I'll add a seer and night phase, maybe a second wolf, who is not a bomb.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Gehenna has it's minimum number. So consider Recruiting over.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”