New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

From hence forth I will no longer be known as Zanshin.

Ye look upon my new improved self and weep in despair enjoy the nerdiness!

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post

Sounds awesome Zanshin.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post

I certainly am... I've got a copy of "I, Jedi" on my desk as I type!

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Tydude and I would like to claim Oct 17th for Trick or Treat 2
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Please note that I will be away for most of this week and will try my best to post, if I cant though please do not auto me
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

6. - Top - End - #1206

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    I was thumbing through the archives, and I saw that it has been over a whole year since a round of Ye Olde West was played.

So put me down for a spot in July.

Ye Olde West V - True Wit.
    Do we have an updated schedule? And if so - is Y.O.W.- V on it?
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Do we have an updated schedule? And if so - is Y.O.W.- V on it?
    I missed something?
    Damnit.

Oh wait, I remember why. You didn't specify a particular spot in July, and I don't like to second guess people. Pick a week and I'll put it in.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #1208

OldWizardGuy

I will be going away for the next 2 days and won't be able to post. Though I doubt I will be autoed in that time please don't auto me anyway.

I'll mention this here though I have already mentioned this in all the games I think I am playing in.

9. - Top - End - #1209

Is the last week of July open?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I missed something?
    Damnit.

Oh wait, I remember why. You didn't specify a particular spot in July, and I don't like to second guess people. Pick a week and I'll put it in.
    You missed me claiming July 11th.
    trill in da playground

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Gonna have to once again back out with Alien Invasion. I has a job after my exams, woo! But it means less time to do shizzle. But it's money. And Money's good.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman Bot View Post
    You missed me claiming July 11th.
    <.<
    >.>
    Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Gonna have to once again back out with Alien Invasion. I has a job after my exams, woo! But it means less time to do shizzle. But it's money. And Money's good.

Given this, Anatharon, would you like to have July 4th instead?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #1213

I'd like to claim the 25th of July, probably, for:
    4E D&D WW

A battle for the future against an ancient lich begins in the castle of illusions.

I'm looking for a Co-Narrator.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Depending on where classic is at the time i'm up for co-ing.

15. - Top - End - #1215

'kay, we'll see about it closer to the date then.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Just a note: Isocerne City has started.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #1217

Well, its time again. Time for another renactment of the events of the Phantom of the Opera! That's right, Phantom of the Opera Werewolf is back for the fourth time.

The Roles:
    Good Guys: Win when all wolves are dead, extra win if both Christine and Raoul are alive at the end of the game.

Spoiler
    Show
    Christine Daaé: The rising star of the Paris Opera, and the love of both the Phantom and Raoul. Day Baner with 2 day cooldown, extra win condition for wolves

Raoul: The Viscount de Chagny, patron of the Paris Opera house. He is able to protect himself and others from the Phantom's wrath. Baner

André and Firmin: The new managers of the Opera house, they know each other role, but if one dieds, the other goes with him. Partners/lovers

Carlotta: The prima donna of the paris opera, and is very jealous of Christine's sucess. Vain and self-focus, she thinks that she can tell the real identity of people, but she is not often right. Fool

Police: The police summoned by Raoul to trap the Phantom. They know each other. Masons

Cast: The cast of the opera house. They just want to survive this madness. villagers

Madame Giry: Head of the ballet, she knows about the Phantom, and the opera house, and with this being the night of the Seer

Wolves: Win when other roles are equal to number of living wolves. Extra win: Christine lynched or night killed.

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows: The hiding places of the Phantom. wolves

Head of Fire: A firely head, that wanders the opera house. Its eyes of fire can see the identity of people. Devil

The Phantom: The Phantom of the Opera himself.
    Alpha, special: If lynched, the role of the Phantom moves to a shadow.

I would like to schedule this for July 4, or sooner if possible.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurray, Phantom of the Opera returns! Looks good, it's a pretty standard set-up as always, so there's not much to really say about it.

As for the start date, I think Anatharon has July 4th, though he hasn't confirmed Thufir's offer yet I don't think. If its going to be twenty players or less you could probably go for it straight away though?

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Pixie in the Playground

Got a game idea. Calling it Wizards WW for now.

Spoiler
    Show

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every Day, the players will vote to lynch somebody, and will choose someone to pass a generated point to. Players can target themselves with their point. Players must perform both actions per day or neither the vote nor the point will count. Generated Spell points that are not passed are lost.
    Players with more than one point or vote can use the additional points/vote via PM, though they still must use one in thread. Narrators assume players are passing additional points to themselves, and any additional votes are following the in-thread vote, unless PMed otherwise.

Every Night, players with points can use them to cast spells (Scry, Bane, etc.). If the same spell is used multiple times in the same night on the same target (two people Scrying/ Baning/ etc. the same person), interference will result. Interference can have various effects; scries may become inaccurate, banes may silence people, kills may augment lynch votes, etc. Alternately, the spell can fail outright, or work on the interfering player instead of the target. Players will not be informed of the interference.
    Players can PM the Narrators with their spell action and link it to their point the next day. The spell will then target whoever they point at the next Day, whenever they point at them. Spells cast in this way take precedence in the order they are cast, but will not resolve until the end of the Day.
    Players with extra points can use them to augment the spell’s effects, making them less likely to fail due to interference (the most powerful spell will still take effect, though it will be weakened) and more likely to override conflicting spells. A sufficiently powerful Scry or Kill will work even if the target is Disguised or Baned [Scry or Kill must be at least three points more powerful than the Disguise or Bane.]
    Players with enough points can cast multiple spells. A player can target a second target at the cost of four points, plus the cost to cast another spell.
    (minimum twelve for villagers and ten for wolves.)
    Points will expire at the end of the night. Points can be stored for an additional night, at the cost of one point. Stored points cannot be passed or stored again.

Good Guy Roles: Generate one point per day. Need four points to cast a spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pupils- - Masons.
    Apprentices- - Ordinary villagers.

Possibly more roles as game balance warrants.

Bad Guy Roles: Generate two points per day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorcerors: Each sorcerer has an affinity for one spell, which they can cast for only one point. Other spells cost two for sorcerers to cast.
    First Sorceror affinity: Kill
    Second Sorcerer affinity: Disguise
    Third Sorcerer affinity: Day Bane
    Fourth Sorcerer affinity: Vortex
    Fifth Sorcerer affinity: Void
    Sixth Sorcerer affinity: Trap

Seventh/Up Sorcerer affinity To Be Announced if necessary

Suggested spell list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scry
    Bane
    Kill
    Day-Bane (if lynched, the target survives; cannot be linked to a point)
    Lynch Protection (negates a lynch vote against the target.)
    Vortex (targets two players; any spells targeting a vortexed player take effect on the other vortexed player. More powerful Vortexes make vortexed spells more powerful.)
    Point Vortex (any points for lynch or spell points will be transferred to the other vortexed player. More powerful point vortexes make vortexed points and votes count for more.)
    Point Augmentation (affects spell points and the lynch vote, adds one vote/point at base spell cost and one more for every point past that)
    Silence (cannot post in thread/PM for the day. More powerful Silences may last through the night or even last multiple days [a player Silenced at night cannot cast spells]. All unused points are kept by the Silenced player.)
    Nullification (passed spell points are negated and lynch vote does not count)
    Disguise
    Trap (Requires two spells; one to set the trap, and one to perform an action when the trap is sprung [e.g. Trap/Kill will kill a player who targets the trapped player that night. Trap/Scry will Scry them instead]. Does not count toward interference with the trapped player, but will count toward interference against the caught player.)

Please inform the Narrators how powerful the spell will be by specifying either Base or +(number).

Don't think it's been done before.
    I have a few other ideas to try to balance it or make it more interesting. The first is not having role reveals but allowing players to scry the dead. The second is Super Spells that require ten or fifteen points: Scry Role for the villagers (finds a wolf or specified power role if any) and... probably Mass Interference or something far-reaching for the wolves. And maybe Resurrection as another option.

Thoughts, balance issues, spell suggestions or co-narrator applications? (I'd like to run a small version of it early July.)

((unrelated; it looks like Witchhunt 4 isn't in the list of completed games.))

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sounds pretty cool to me. I'd definitely be interested in co-narrating, although it would be my first time so you might want someone more experienced, if not, I'd definitely play.

As for balance issues etc. I'm afraid I can't be of much help there.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Sounds pretty cool to me. I'd definitely be interested in co-narrating, although it would be my first time so you might want someone more experienced, if not, I'd definitely play.

As for balance issues etc. I'm afraid I can't be of much help there.
    You're welcome to co-narrate, especially if you can write flavor-text. My attempts inevitably devolve into angry rambling (assuming they didn't start that way).

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every Day, the players will vote to lynch somebody, and will choose someone to pass a generated point to. Players can target themselves with their point. Players must perform both actions per day or neither the vote nor the point will count. Generated Spell points that are not passed are lost.
    Players with more than one point or vote can use the additional points/vote via PM, though they still must use one in thread. Narrators assume players are passing additional points to themselves, and any additional votes are following the in-thread vote, unless PMed otherwise.

Every Night, players with points can use them to cast spells (Scry, Bane, etc.). If the same spell is used multiple times in the same night on the same target (two people Scrying/ Baning/ etc. the same person), interference will result. Interference can have various effects; scries may become inaccurate, banes may silence people, kills may augment lynch votes, etc. Alternately, the spell can fail outright, or work on the interfering player instead of the target. Players will not be informed of the interference.
    Players can PM the Narrators with their spell action and link it to their point the next day. The spell will then target whoever they point at the next Day, whenever they point at them. Spells cast in this way take precedence in the order they are cast, but will not resolve until the end of the Day.
    Players with extra points can use them to augment the spell’s effects, making them less likely to fail due to interference (the most powerful spell will still take effect, though it will be weakened) and more likely to override conflicting spells. A sufficiently powerful Scry or Kill will work even if the target is Disguised or Baned [Scry or Kill must be at least three points more powerful than the Disguise or Bane.]
    Players with enough points can cast multiple spells. A player can target a second target at the cost of four points, plus the cost to cast another spell.
    (minimum twelve for villagers and ten for wolves.)
    Points will expire at the end of the night. Points can be stored for an additional night, at the cost of one point. Stored points cannot be passed or stored again.

Good Guy Roles: Generate one point per day. Need four points to cast a spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pupils- - Masons.
    Apprentices- - Ordinary villagers.

Possibly more roles as game balance warrants.

Bad Guy Roles: Generate two points per day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorcerors: Each sorcerer has an affinity for one spell, which they can cast for only one point. Other spells cost two for sorcerers to cast.
    First Sorceror affinity: Kill
    Second Sorcerer affinity: Disguise
    Third Sorcerer affinity: Day Bane
    Fourth Sorcerer affinity: Vortex
    Fifth Sorcerer affinity: Void
    Sixth Sorcerer affinity: Trap

Seventh/Up Sorcerer affinity To Be Announced if necessary

Suggested spell list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scry
    Bane
    Kill
    Day-Bane (if lynched, the target survives; cannot be linked to a point)
    Lynch Protection (negates a lynch vote against the target.)
    Vortex (targets two players; any spells targeting a vortexed player take effect on the other vortexed player. More powerful Vortexes make vortexed spells more powerful.)
    Point Vortex (any points for lynch or spell points will be transferred to the other vortexed player. More powerful point vortexes make vortexed points and votes count for more.)
    Point Augmentation (affects spell points and the lynch vote, adds one vote/point at base spell cost and one more for every point past that)
    Silence (cannot post in thread/PM for the day. More powerful Silences may last through the night or even last multiple days [a player Silenced at night cannot cast spells]. All unused points are kept by the Silenced player.)
    Nullification (passed spell points are negated and lynch vote does not count)
    Disguise
    Trap (Requires two spells; one to set the trap, and one to perform an action when the trap is sprung [e.g. Trap/Kill will kill a player who targets the trapped player that night. Trap/Scry will Scry them instead]. Does not count toward interference with the trapped player, but will count toward interference against the caught player.)

Please inform the Narrators how powerful the spell will be by specifying either Base or +(number).

Don't think it's been done before.
    I have a few other ideas to try to balance it or make it more interesting. The first is not having role reveals but allowing players to scry the dead. The second is Super Spells that require ten or fifteen points: Scry Role for the villagers (finds a wolf or specified power role if any) and... probably Mass Interference or something far-reaching for the wolves. And maybe Resurrection as another option.

Thoughts, balance issues, spell suggestions or co-narrator applications? (I'd like to run a small version of it early July.)

Have all the mages start off with a random number of spellpoints to begin with. Could make it more interesting so that not everybody is doing everything on the same day.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

...Actually, I did something very similar (various spellcasters, power points, etc) in Fate II/III. Still, I see you try to combine both approaches
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't all the wolves just keep spamming Kill at everything?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Make wolves blind and make them kill susceptible as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Wouldn't all the wolves just keep spamming Kill at everything?
    And the villagers would probably spam Scry.

I could have tiered spells, so Kill and Scry cost two more points to cast than Disguise and Bane. So four for a Sorcerer to Kill someone (two for the affinity caster) and six for a villager to Scry.

EDIT: Trixie is more than welcome to co-narrate and turn this into Fate/Stay Night 4.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-06-26 at 12:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Of course it is, don't be ridiculous. I certainly would never forget to put a game in the schedule repeatedly for several weeks!
    <.<
    >.>
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Fatbelly V has finally finished, with a joint win for Matt K and Orzel!

Now I can get ACIV sorted out.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

City of Spires begins now!
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin has been submitted for moderator approval.

Better late than never I suppose!

I'm hoping to start on Monday July 4th, as long as the thread is up quickly and sign-ups aren't too slow in coming. Hold onto your butts people, your materia as well if you have any.