New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Can I get August 15th, or the next open date for my next, top secret, WW game?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Can I get August 15th, or the next open date for my next, top secret, WW game?
    You know, if it isn't Assassins V I'll be forced to sing at you.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

I've decided Assassins is a yearly thing. So, um, you'll have to wait til January?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

*ties a chainsaw at one end of paddle and waves it in banjo's general direction*

Sing at your own peril
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

As summer passes midpoint and begins to wind toward fall, I think this would be a good time to officially put my request in to run Vampire V: Paris by Night.

I should like to start the game on August 29th. I will post the ruleset as soon as I have it finished (or close enough for government work).

As I recall for such things, this would mean recruitment would start on August 15th.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2011-07-22 at 01:50 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of, I wonder if I should hook up with somebody to begin putting together the ruleset of The City II - Electric Boogaloo from the various bits and pieces lying around...

The ruleset is fun enough and the fluff is doable but gawd I am horrible at keeping the game running.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was looking for some werewolf strategy articles so I'm not so useless in the games I'm in, and I found these very helpful guides to basic villager strategy, , basic wolf strategy, and advanced strategy.

I thought it would be good to post it here so it could help other beginners out. It certainly makes the games more fun for me now that I have some idea what I'm doing and what others might be doing.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awww, but half the fun is in getting a feel for those things yourself

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    You've been reading Wolf strategies, you say?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    You've been reading Wolf strategies, you say?
    I like to know my enemies. If I know what strategies the wolves are using, it's easier to find them.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

11. - Top - End - #1301

I like to know my enemies. If I know what strategies the wolves are using, it's easier to find them.
    Note, those guides aren't totally correct. If the Villagers are all submitting logic and analysis, it's easier to find the wolves, I've found. It's harder the other way because everyone's just sitting back and the wolves don't have to put effort into analysis to save their hides.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

I was looking for some werewolf strategy articles so I'm not so useless in the games I'm in, and I found these very helpful guides to basic villager strategy, , basic wolf strategy, and advanced strategy.
    Any interesting read, if it doesn't really mention anythin revolutionary. I don't think the author has ever played with someone like Llama or Coward.

I do agree with the point on the wolf tactics thread about the importance of voting first, especially during the endgame. The ability to lead a wagon or put out a seer scry (veiled as a reasoned suspicion) can be invaluable, as much to the villager network as it is to wolves, possibly moreso.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm pretty sure all those tactics are based around no-PM games, where only the wolves can talk to each other. No background Seer networks or anything like that, and everyone's expected to make up suspect lists and talk constantly.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now an inter-forum, inter-copmmunity werewolf game would be revealing! Who had the betteer werewolfers? Us or them? See how our different styles mesh

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Now an inter-forum, inter-copmmunity werewolf game would be revealing! Who had the betteer werewolfers? Us or them? See how our different styles mesh
    Would definently depend on if PM's are allowed. If they are, I'd say GitP has an edge, but not many people here have done a game without PM's.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Sounds interesting enough.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Or better yet, a Monster Mash.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Pixie in the Playground

*cough*Witchhunt*cough*

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'd love to play in a Witchhunt. I've read through the other three, and I think it would be fun.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

OK so yeah, here's my idea for a game. Not sure if I'm doing this right since this is my first time looking past page 1 of this thread. (I know, bad Ramsus!) So please tell me if I've done anything horribly unspeakably wrong. Or..you know....just the regular kind of wrong too I suppose.

I could really use a co-narrator, especially for....narrations.

I also need help working out how to make the Ghosts not cripple the game once the dead players equals 2/3rds the living.

And of course I need a setting the game events are specifically taking place in. Specifically waiting on co-narrator for this as I felt it'd be better to not limit their ideas for narrations right out of the box.

I'd like to start the game as a large game and preferably asap.

Center WW

Spoiler
    Show

-description of game setting goes here-

Ok so just a warning here; this is just backstory and information for the setting. It's not required reading for anyone except perhaps narrators.
    Spoiler
    Show

A long time ago the world of Center was a flat circular disk floating between an endless expanse of sky and a seemingly bottomless pit. Waterfalls endlessly cascade over the edges and down into the pit which glimmers as if a pool of water. It had a single sun which rotated around it. It was a world full of mages. Everyone from simple farmers to professors of advance magecraft theory used magic on a near constant basis. They drew their magic from the air, the water, the land, but, mostly the light of the sun.

Eventually this society reached a peak of magical power available while their theories of magecraft had revealed spells to them which they could use to achieve amazing wonders if only there was more power to draw from. Long had mages sought to draw power directly from the sun but, had discovered there was a barrier around it preventing this. So they created a massive ritual to breach this barrier. They drew a massive ritual along the whole of the world, primarily along the leylines. The spell succeeded all too well. It not only breached the barrier around the sun but, split the sun itself apart. This caused a tremendous backlash of magical power that tore the world apart along the leylines. It is told, that witnesses reported seeing massive chunks of land float up into the air and vanish. Over a third of the world was lost this way.

As the now two suns stabilized themselves massive amounts of elemental energies flowed through the land. All living things either submitted to these energies, their essence being forever shaped by them or perished. Finally after centuries the suns finally stabilized themselves. One which was in the sky for most of the day and shone brightly, dubbed the Daystar and the second which shone down light of darkness, dubbed the Nightstar.

Most living things were now possessed of a single elemental essence. Those that are composed of more than one are typically viewed as monsters. Every living thing is now its own source of ever replenishing magical energy of their respective element. As such it has become impossible for people to draw magic from outside of themselves. Humans have now become known collectively the Elemental Kin. There are Fire Kin, Water Kin, Frost Kin, Air Kin, Storm Kin, Earth Kin, and Metal Kin.

Additionally there are the Wood Kin, more commonly known as the Fae. While most Elemental Kin are relatively the same as humans the Fae are somewhat different. The Fae are comprised of the Sevle who are the most human-like in appearance with greenish or bark colored pigmentation and sometimes pointed ears (these will be the Wood Element players), the Pixies which look like miniature humans, varying in size from 1/4th human size to barely the size of a boot, with wings made of flower petals, Dryads which are stunningly beautiful and always of apparently female gender which must always remain nearby their sentient tree counterparts..., the Ents which while otherwise appearing as normal trees can communicate telepathically with other Fae, and the "intelligent" plants which can also communicate telepathically. Fae breeding is a tangled web of complicated weirdness. Successful Fae and Elemental Kin pairing are a thing of rumor and are known as Kor. Reportedly they look like a mix of plant and human with powerful elemental powers of the element of the non-Fae parent. Fae typically live in what they call Entholms.

The Anzjiel, human looking people with usually white bird-like wings, first appeared around a hundred years ago. They typically travel in nomadic flocks but some have settled down in larger towns or the just once again forming castles and cities, usually to set up churches to spread their religion which is incredibly complex with various celestial deities, prayer rituals, and the themes of kindness and order. Their origins remain a mystery.

The Dyvil, human looking people with a variety of different appearances but typically with dark asymmetrical tattoos. They are just now starting to show up, typically individually, so almost everything about them is a mystery.

(Just a random note here: The Fae, the Anzjiel, and the Dyvil all typically do not get along.)

Creatures of note:
    Elementals: These are non-sentient but, cunning and dangerous in an animal way, creatures of various sizes and shapes composed entirely out of a single element. They eat the element they are made out of and in so doing grow larger and stronger. Especially attracted to rarer or special forms of their element. This makes them one of the primary predators of Elemental Kin of their associated element. Their existence is one of the primary reasons for forming mutli-typed elemental kin communities as elemental kin of their element have almost no defenses against them.

Dragons: Not dragons in the typical fantasy sense. They can look like virtually anything. Their common traits are that they are immensely powerful, typically large, intelligent (perhaps more so than humans), and everything nearby can just simply tell they are a Dragon.

More notes about Elemental Kin:

Martial usage of elemental energies typically involves enhancing weapons or armor or anime style special attacks.

Magic spells are not unique to any element, and in fact teaching them to others of a different element is no harder than someone of the same element. What differs is the effect of the spell.

At some point people found out that they could remove parts of their soul and place it into an animal of their element or even craft a creature out of it. This is referred to Soul Bonding. Soul Bonded pets are more intelligent than their typical counterparts. They may speak telepathically with their soul bonded partners and even grow in power with them.

Enchanting is very similar to Soul Bonding. The difference is that it typically involves using less of the soul and takes a lot of time and magecraft knowledge. It is possible to work with others of different elements to create multi-elemental magical objects. Additionally some objects, if in the constant presence of powerful people will slowly absorb some of that power and spontaneously become magical. This is even possible for already magical items, thus leading to traditions of families handing down items through the generations.

Through martial prowess, magical knowledge, or other such individuals will become more magically powerful. This will slowly effect visual changes. Starting with coloration of skin, eyes, strange hair, and the like. Truly powerful people will eventually end up tapping into the power of either the Daystar or the Nighstar and this power will be present in their appearance and their powers. An extremely powerful person would eventually look perhaps somewhat similar to a humanoid elemental.

About Ghosts, the power of will, and necromancy:

Some details of this I will keep a secret as I plan to run this setting again in the future. Suffice it to say there are places in the world where there are ghosts. The power of Will overpowers them and drives them away (and has other effects). Necromancy taps into their spectral powers and even can be used to control them.

The Teams
    Team Town
    Power Roles: the Champion of the Daystar, the Champion of the Nightstar, the Possessor of the Power of Will, the Necromancer
    Victory Condition: Everyone on Teams Celestial and Infernal is dead (Dave)

Team Celestial
    May attempt to recruit one person once a night
    Power Roles: The Anzjiel(s): Cannot pick soul bond as a power. Do not pick one of the standard elements.
    Victory Condition: All of town is dead or has been recruited to team celestial or team infernal and team celestial's living members outnumbers team infernal's.

Team Infernal
    Power Roles: The Dyviil(s): Cannot pick soul bond as a power. Do not pick one of the standard elements.
    Victory Condition: All of town is dead or has been recruited to team celestial or team infernal and team infernal's living members outnumbers team celestial's

Rules
    Everyone will get a pm of their role. They then respond with a pm of 2 of what kind of powers they want out of the options of: Martial, Magical, and Soul Bonded Pet. There is only 1 pet power per element and as such can only be selected once. There are two powers per element of both Martial and Magical. If you pick one power of both categories you do not get to pick which one you will receive. If not an Anzjiel or Dyviil they also pick an element their powers are out of the following: Fire, Water, Ice, Air, Storm, Earth, Metal, Wood.

Day Phase: During this phase players vote, in red, for a person to be lynched at the end of that day. Each player has a base voting power of 1. The person who accrued the most points is lynched. In the case of a tie it defaults to being determined randomly between those who tied. Certain powers may be used during this phase. The game starts in this phase.

Night Phase: During this phase team Celestial and Team Infernal may each send in a single recruit attempt. The target of a recruit attempt may choose to accept or reject the recruitment. If they accept they join the appropriate team at the start of the day phase. If they reject it, the appropriate team, is informed that their recruit attempt failed at the start of the day. Certain powers may be used in this phase.

"Voting Power": How many standard votes a vote counts as.

Ghosts
    Dead players lose all their powers and become Ghosts. Ghosts may vote for a player, in blue, during the day phase to reduce their total voting power by c/x (where c is some number and x is the number of ghosts). Ghosts are on the same team they were when they died.

Scry Interference: When two or more players scry the same target during a night the results they get back are a random mix of the target and one of the other scriers. Scriers are not informed that this has happened.

Items: There will be a few mystery items given both at the start of the game and during events.

Roles
    The Champion of the Daystar: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses two additional powers. 1) They automatically (and unknowingly) refuse recruitment attempts. 2) They may choose a target, who is not them-self or the Champion of the Nightstar, during the night who, the following day, will not die to the lynch, is immune to the effects of ghosts, and is immune to/removes any negative effects. If the target has a living pet they are also protected from being killed during the following night.

The Champion of the Nightstar: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses two additional powers. 1) They automatically (and unknowingly) refuse recruitment attempts. 2) They may choose a target who is not them-self or the Champion of the Daystar during the night who, for the night, automatically (and unknowingly) refuses any recruitment attempts, is protected from night kills, and is immune to/removes any negatives effects. If the target has a living pet they are also protected from being lynched the following day.

The Possessor of the Power of Will: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses one additional power. During the day they may pick one target who, for that day, gains +1 voting power for each ghost voting for him/her instead of subtracting .5 voting power from them.

The Necromancer: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses one additional power. During the day they may pick on target who, for that day, all votes by ghosts targeting them count as standard votes instead of subtracting .5 voting power from them.

The Anzjiel: Their two powers are of the Celestial element. They may not posses the Soul Bond power.

The Dyviil: Their two powers are of the Infernal element. They may not posses the Soul Bond power.

Villager: They possess two powers of their element.

Powers

Martial
    Fire:
    Flaming Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Flame Shield: One person who was responsible for your death dies when you do.
    Water:
    Dodge: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Counter Strike: A randomly selected person who is pointing at you at the end of the following day has their total voting power redirected at themselves. Usable once every other night.
    Ice:
    Frost Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Shield: -1 total vote per person voting for you at the end of the day. Usable once every three days.
    Air:
    Fly: -5 to the total votes received the following day. Usable once every other night.
    Counter Strike: A randomly selected person who is pointing at you at the end of the following day has their total voting power redirected at themselves. Usable once every other night.
    Storm:
    Shocking Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Static Sense: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Earth:
    Shield: -1 total vote per person voting for you at the end of the day. Usable once every three days.
    Rock Armor: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights
    Metal:
    Spiked Shield: A randomly selected person who was responsible for your death dies when you do.
    Wood:
    Barbed Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Regeneration: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Celestial:
    Smite: Your vote gains +2 voting power when pointing at someone on team Infernal.
    Fly: -5 to the total votes received the following day. Usable once every other night.
    Infernal:
    Smite: Your vote gains +2 voting power when pointing at someone on team Celestial.
    Back-stab: Once every three nights you may secretly add two votes to any target the following day. Additionally you determine the outcome of any tied lynches the following day.

Magical
    Fire:
    Fireball: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Fire Wall: Reduces all votes on you by 1 voting power. In addition everyone voting for you is lit on fire and has an additional vote placed on them for the duration of the current day and the following one (they are informed of this effect at the start of the night phase). Usable once every third day.
    Water:
    Heal: Once per game bring one Ghost back to life.
    Scry: Learn the role, alignment, and types of powers of one target. Usable once a night.
    Ice:
    Cryoball: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Ice Wall: Reduces all votes on you by 1 voting power. In addition everyone voting for you suffers from frostbite and has one less voting power for the duration of the current day and the following one (they are informed of this effect at the start of the night phase). Usable once every third day.
    Air:
    Scry: Learn the role, alignment, and types of power of one target. Usable once a night.
    Illusion: All votes directed at you the following day are instead directed at the target. Usable once every three nights.
    Storm:
    Lightning Bolt: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Stun: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle.
    Earth:
    Scry: Learn the role, alignment, and types of powers of one target. Usable once a night.
    Sand Trap: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle.
    Metal:
    Impale: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Iron Wall: Prevent yourself and one additional target from being lynched and grants both players immunity to the effects of being on fire or frostbite for the following day. Usable once every three nights.
    Wood:
    Entangle: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle. Usable once a night.
    Celestial:
    Reflect: One target has a night action they used directed at a randomly selected valid target. Usable once every other night.
    Lunacy: Once per game, all votes are randomly assigned. May be used during the day it will effect or the previous night. For that day, all vote reducing powers and day banes are nullified.
    Infernal:
    Disguise: Determine the results of a scry on one target that night. Usable once a night but, may not be used on the same target two nights in a row.
    Taint Soul: Target Ghost's vote counts as a lynch vote with +1 voting power the following day instead of subtracting .5 voting power. If the target is Celestial aligned, instead their vote simply does nothing the following day. Usable once every other night.

Soul Bonded Pet
    (These are all the same regardless of element.)
    Gives +1 voting power. Dies in your place the first time you would die to a lynch or night kill but, you then lose the extra voting power.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-07-29 at 03:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I also need help working out how to make the Ghosts not cripple the game once the dead players equals 2/3rds the living.
    Make them reduce votes by c/x, where c is whatever you want and x is the number of ghosts.

Or make it so every time they use their ability the ability becomes less effective. Eventually they can't do anything.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd love to play in a Witchhunt. I've read through the other three, and I think it would be fun.
    There's actually four here. The fourth is significantly less fun due to the absence of a certain entomologically digitized local, as well as the inexcusable axing of the best role ever.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-07-28 at 11:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Pixie in the Playground

OK so yeah, here's my idea for a game. Not sure if I'm doing this right since this is my first time looking past page 1 of this thread. (I know, bad Ramsus!) So please tell me if I've done anything horribly unspeakably wrong. Or..you know....just the regular kind of wrong too I suppose.

I could really use a co-narrator, especially for....narrations.

And of course I need a setting the game events are specifically taking place in. Specifically waiting on co-narrator for this as I felt it'd be better to not limit their ideas for narrations right out of the box.

I'd like to start the game as a large game and preferably asap.

Center WW

Spoiler
    Show

-

The Teams
    Team Town
    Power Roles: the Champion of the Daystar, the Champion of the Nightstar, the Possessor of the Power of Will, the Necromancer
    Victory Condition: Everyone on Teams Celestial and Infernal is dead (Dave)

Team Celestial
    Power Roles: The Anzjiel(s): Cannot pick soul bond as a power. Do not pick one of the standard elements.
    Victory Condition: All of town is dead or has been recruited to team celestial or team infernal and team celestial's living members outnumbers team infernal's.

Team Infernal
    Power Roles: The Dyviil(s): Cannot pick soul bond as a power. Do not pick one of the standard elements.
    Victory Condition: All of town is dead or has been recruited to team celestial or team infernal and team infernal's living members outnumbers team celestial's

Rules
    Everyone will get a pm of their role. They then respond with a pm of 2 of what kind of powers they want out of the options of: Martial, Magical, and Soul Bonded Pet. There is only 1 pet power per element and as such can only be selected once. There are two powers per element of both Martial and Magical. If you pick one power of both categories you do not get to pick which one you will receive. If not an Anzjiel or Dyviil they also pick an element their powers are out of the following: Fire, Water, Ice, Air, Storm, Earth, Metal, Wood.

Day Phase: During this phase players vote, in red, for a person to be lynched at the end of that day. Each player has a base voting power of 1. Certain powers may be used during this phase. The game starts in this phase.

Night Phase: During this phase team Celestial and Team Infernal may each send in a single recruit attempt. The target of a recruit attempt may choose to accept or reject the recruitment. If they accept they join the appropriate team at the start of the day phase. If they reject it, the appropriate team, is informed that their recruit attempt failed at the start of the day. Certain powers may be used in this phase.

"Voting Power": How many standard votes a vote counts as.

Ghosts
    Dead players lose all their powers and become Ghosts. Ghosts may vote for a player, in blue, during the day phase to reduce their total voting power by .5 . Ghosts are on the same team they were when they died.

Scry Interference: When two or more players scry the same target during a night the results they get back are a random mix of the target and one of the other scriers. Scriers are not informed that this has happened.

Items: There will be a few mystery items given both at the start of the game and during events.

Roles
    The Champion of the Daystar: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses two additional powers. 1) They automatically (and unknowingly) refuse recruitment attempts. 2) They may choose a target during the night who, the following day, will not die to the lynch, is immune to the effects of ghosts, and is immune to/removes any negative effects. If the target has a living pet they are also protected from being killed during the following night.

The Champion of the Nightstar: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses two additional powers. 1) They automatically (and unknowingly) refuse recruitment attempts. 2) They may choose a target during the night who, for the night, automatically (and unknowingly) refuses any recruitment attempts, is protected from night kills, and is immune to/removes any negatives effects. If the target has a living pet they are also protected from being lynched the following day.

The Possessor of the Power of Will: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses one additional power. During the day they may pick one target who, for that day, gains +1 voting power for each ghost voting for him/her instead of subtracting .5 voting power from them.

The Necromancer: In addition to their two elemental powers they posses one additional power. During the day they may pick on target who, for that day, all votes by ghosts targeting them count as standard votes instead of subtracting .5 voting power from them.

The Anzjiel: Their two powers are of the Celestial element. They may not posses the Soul Bond power.

The Dyviil: Their two powers are of the Infernal element. They may not posses the Soul Bond power.

Villager: They possess two powers of their element.

Powers

Martial
    Fire:
    Flaming Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Flame Shield: One person who was responsible for your death dies when you do.
    Water:
    Dodge: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Ice:
    Frost Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Air:
    Storm:
    Shocking Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Static Sense: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Earth:
    Rock Armor: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights
    Metal:
    Spiked Shield: A randomly selected person who was responsible for your death dies when you do.
    Wood:
    Barbed Weapon: +1 voting power, at the start of the game pick two elements this will give an additional +1 voting power against. Always on.
    Regeneration: Self target bane. Usable once every three nights.
    Celestial:
    Smite: Your vote gains +2 voting power when pointing at someone on team Infernal.
    Infernal:
    Smite: Your vote gains +2 voting power when pointing at someone on team Celestial.
    Back-stab: Once every three nights you may secretly add two votes to any target the following day. Additionally you determine the outcome of any tied lynches the following day.

Magical
    Fire:
    Fireball: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Fire Wall: Reduces all votes on you by 1 voting power. In addition everyone voting for you is lit on fire and has an additional vote placed on them for the duration of the current day and the following one (they are informed of this effect at the start of the night phase). Usable once every third day.
    Water:
    Ice:
    Cryoball: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Ice Wall: Reduces all votes on you by 1 voting power. In addition everyone voting for you suffers from frostbite and has one less voting power for the duration of the current day and the following one (they are informed of this effect at the start of the night phase). Usable once every third day.
    Air:
    Scry: Learn the role, alignment, and types of power of one target. Usable once a night.
    Illusion: All votes directed at you the following day are instead directed at the target. Usable once every three nights.
    Storm:
    Lightning Bolt: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Stun: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle.
    Earth:
    Sand Trap: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle.
    Metal:
    Impale: Night Kill. Usable once every third night.
    Iron Wall: Prevent yourself and one additional target from being lynched and grants both players immunity to the effects of being on fire or frostbite for the following day. Usable once every three nights.
    Wood:
    Entangle: Void one target's next used power for the next night/day cycle. Usable once a night.
    Celestial:
    Reflect: One target has a night action they used directed at a randomly selected valid target. Usable once every other night.
    Lunacy: Once per game, all votes are randomly assigned. May be used during the day it will effect or the previous night. For that day, all vote reducing powers and day banes are nullified.
    Infernal:
    Disguise: Determine the results of a scry on one target that night. Usable once a night but, may not be used on the same target two nights in a row.
    Taint Soul: Target Ghost's vote counts as a lynch vote with +1 voting power the following day instead of subtracting .5 voting power. If the target is Celestial aligned, instead their vote simply does nothing the following day. Usable once every other night.

Soul Bonded Pet
    (These are all the same regardless of element.)
    Gives +1 voting power. Dies in your place the first time you would die to a lynch or night kill but, you then lose the extra voting power.
    Setting, I'm absolutely terrible at, so I won't comment on that.

Setting up is going to involve quite a bit of PMing, which could be a problem, but certainly not an insurmountable one.

To make sure I understand how setting up works, assume I get chosen as a villager. I then send a PM to you stating that I would like marital, magical, and water. You then flip two coins, and give me one of the two powers under water, for both martial and magical. I then use the powers gained as needed during the game to win, because winning is cool.

If I'm Anzjiel, I instead of doing that, instead send you my choice of magical/martial/pet, and you flip two coins, using only celestial.

Same for Dyviil, except you instead use infernal.

Power wise, I think town has a huge advantage at start, just because the two 'wolf' teams don't have nearly the variety that the village does. This goes down with time and recruitment, but with only a NK and no scry until you get lucky, it could go badly.

The two village 'star' powers are effectively unkillable if they pick living pet as one of their powers and choose themselves every night, and if they also manage to get a scry as their second power, effectively make town unstoppable. I'm not sure why they wouldn't instantly claim day 2, have town lynch them as proof because they can't be lynched, and proceed to win from there.

Aside from that, it looks fairly well balanced. Depending on when you start, I wouldn't mind co-narrating, but I'm absolutely terrible at writing and could do the more technical stuff fairly well. Besides, I've always wanted to have a spreadsheet that would last me an entire game

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Make them reduce votes by c/x, where c is whatever you want and x is the number of ghosts.

Or make it so every time they use their ability the ability becomes less effective. Eventually they can't do anything.
    Ok, that is indeed a surprisingly simple fix. I'm thinking c should be around 1/3rd whatever the starting number of players is?

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    There's actually four here. The fourth is significantly less fun due to the absence of a certain entomologically digitized local, as well as the inexcusable axing of the best role ever.
    Huh. I wasn't aware of a fourth.

Did they get rid of the Werewolf? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Pixie in the Playground

I believe that's the role that got neutered, but I'd have to check. I remember archive binging 2 and 3, then looking at 4 and wondering why no one worried about the WW.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, those are some good points Khal, I'll fix it so they can't self target.

Also just a note: Celestial and Infernals can't pick to have pets. Also I was thinking there will be more than one of each of them to start just to cut off the chance of "and the game ended after we lynched one of them day 1 and killed the other during that night".

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes. I pointed out how utterly awesome claiming Werewolf could be, and they immediately update the game so it doesn't have a Werewolf anymore.

I was so sad.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, those are some good points Khal, I'll fix it so they can't self target.

Also just a note: Celestial and Infernals can't pick to have pets. Also I was thinking there will be more than one of each of them to start just to cut off the chance of "and the game ended after we lynched one of them day 1 and killed the other during that night".
    So they get 1 each from martial and magical, under their respective flavor of devil/angel?

And yeah, they'd need at least 2-3, especially in the larger type game this would seem to want. Looks like it would do best with 35-40 people, so 2 wolves for each on the lower and, and 3on the higher would probably be best.

Couple more questions: Heal brings a ghost back to life, with the same powers or no? Same affiliation, or no?

Lunacy also seems odd, as it's effectively rolldX, kill that person. It's quite risky, but something feels off on it that I just can't put my finger on. I'll take a look at it sometime tomorrow and see if I can find what's wrong with it.

Taint soul seems fairly underpowered when compared to lunacy as well. A clutch 'oh god don't lynch him' seems far better than giving a ghost a lynch vote.

More analysis on each element to come later.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Actually they get 2 power out of 2 martial and 2 magical, so 2 martial, 2 magical, or 1 of each.

Yeah, Heal makes them come back alive with the same powers they had and on the same team (unless they got recruited between being dead and alive again but I don't know why anyone would go recruiting ghosts).

Well lunacy is once per game only and the infernal equivalent is used for half the game. If other people also think it's significantly unbalanced I'll try to think up/take suggestions for a once a game only one for infernal.