New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Ah, I wouldn't worry too much. Worst comes to happen, we'll simply have another AC 3 and the forces of darkness will dominate everything like there's no tommorow... which, incidentally, may quite well be true.

Memo to self, preemptively kill Murska and Fleeing Coward.
    Heh. But I wasn't even a villain in that one!
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Got me there.

But you also have to make a new post for everything you may wish to add to a previous post. I'm sure that may have doubled or tripled the amount of posts. Or if you forgot to red the vote. New post.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Heh. But I wasn't even a villain in that one!
    I was. But if it'll make you feel better, I can kill you too
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #184

Depends on how soon it runs. I have a little project I'm working on currently, but aside from that, I could certainly co-narrate.
    I got exams coming up so depending on how things go, I'll probably be looking to start mid November at the earliest. If I don't start it November, it'll probably be after New Years before the game gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Ah, I wouldn't worry too much. Worst comes to happen, we'll simply have another AC 3 and the forces of darkness will dominate everything like there's no tommorow... which, incidentally, may quite well be true.

Memo to self, preemptively kill Murska and Fleeing Coward.
    I fully support the kill Murska part but I do believe in at least some form of self preservation so I'll abstain from voting to kill myself too
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm pretty new here, but I'm really loving the environment on this forum. I've been having a blast playing various WW games and feel that I might be able to create my own. I'm pretty confident I could get it balanced and I'll make sure to run things by the people in here, but could I nab a spot for Jan 24th? Game will be Shapeshifters (If it isn't taken, I didn't see one in the archives).
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2010-10-22 at 04:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Hello fellow playgrounders.

There are two wonderful games out there that need more players.

St. Trinian's. It's based on a book or teevee show or something. I don't know. But the rules don't seem too complicated. We need just 7 players.

And Trick or Treat. To be honest, I didn't read the rules, but you get to play a kid trick or treating. What more could you want? There's only 9 players at the moment. Could we try to get at least 6 more. Please.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Pringle's back from the hospital! So let's get trick or treating...It's endorsed by pixies!
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

8. - Top - End - #188

Oy there people .... Vampire IV can still use some players. It's got gobs of roles, narration by the winner of the Werewolf Awards for best Narrator, co-narration by the inestimable RabbitHoleLost, and co-administration by the loveable, delectable Alarra, Goddess of Pudding. Recruiting is still open until 11:59 pm tonight (and technically, if you get your request in before the new thread is created and mod-approved, you'll have a little longer than that.
    Vampire IV

Vampire IV currently (as of 1:40 am est 10/24/2010) has 32 players signed up. Minimally, I'd like 4 more players; ideally, between 4 and 10 more , and it can easily handle 50.
    Now, you might be wondering ... where do I sign up for this enchanting experience in mob paranoia, genteel society and bloodsucking monstrosities? Well, that's simple. Anywhere in this post where you see Vampire IV, a convienient link to the roles, rules and recruitment thread has been established. Click on it, and away you go!.
    Vampire IV

The rules for Vampire IV can be found here.

The roles for Vampire IV can be found here.

The current player list for Vampire IV can be found here.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

Futurama WW has ended with a win for MomCorp. Global domination by robots is inevitable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Oy there people .... Vampire IV can still use some players.
    Hmmm, I tried to join, but sadly I couldn't find the thread.

I think I'll pass, then. :P
    Above Us Only Sky

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    You're moving from Canberra? Are you sure you ain't one of them politicians in disguise?
    <.<

>.>

Certainly not.

I uh... well you see I'm...

*smokebomb*
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Recruitment For Vampire IV Is Closed.
    Game Thread To Be Posted Shortly - Pending Moderator Approval

Game Thread Link will be Here
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2010-10-26 at 03:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

I've decided to shelve the Star Trek and Quantum Werewolves ideas for know in favor of something that I think more people ITP will like...

Discworld!

The roles aren't all flushed out, but my idea is to steal borrow an idea from the latest Custom Werewolf game, and have the players send me their ideas for each character who doesn't have a role, and pick the best.

Crime has come to Ankh-Morpork in a big way. Several big name criminal have returned and are causing all sorts of trouble for 'The Undertaking.' They are hiding out under the city and the City Watch has been called by the Patrician to keep the peace.

"Which piece, sir?" asks 'Nobby' Nobbs.

Commander Vimes sighes. "All of it Nobby,"he replies, grimly. "Here's a list of the known criminals:

Jonathan Teatime (pronounced 'Teh-ah-tim-eh'). He's assassin trained, and certifiably insane. Known for planning ways to assassinate entities such as the Hogfather, Soul Cake Duck, and Death. Rumor has it his glass eye is a crystal ball. (Devil)

Edward d'Eath. Also trained by the assassins, he stole the Gonne from the Assassins Guild museum and has since disappeared. They're looking for him too, but we want to find him first. (Sniper- once per game, he can use the Gonne to kill another player. Possibilty of raising the amount per game with a high cooldown. Also possibility of randomly giving the Gonne to another player, and unless it's Vimes or Carrot, they become a criminal)

Mr. Pin and Mr. Tulip. 'The New Firm.' Pin is the brains, and Tulip is the muscle, but both are cold-blooded killers. They were involved in an attempt to depose the Patrician, so he really wants to 'talk' to them. Me, I don't care if they come in alive or dead. (??? Either two seperate roles, or one shared.)

Carcer. One of the worst beings to grace the Disc in my opinion. If you look in his eyes, you see nothing. But don't look too long, because he'll have a knife in his hands. He always has an extra knife. Always. (Beast)"

"Cor, that's a lot of criminals Mr. Vimes."

"Yeah Nobby, but there are a lot of us, too.

Me, Commander Sam Vimes. I run the Watch. Someone once asked me 'quis custodiet ipsos custodes?' Me. All the time. (Baner)

Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson. My right hand man, dwarf, whatever. Fred says he's got krisma, whatever that means. (??? Possibly Day Baner, or extra votes)

Sergeant Fred Colon. Lord help him, Fred's been in the Watch for longer than me. He's an old school cop, and isn't always the sharpest pencil in the box. Sometimes, he's even a crayon. (??? Possibly "Partners" with Nobby, i.e. one dies the other dies)

Corporal C. W. St. J. 'Nobby' Nobbs. Nobby's another 'old school' copper. He's also an every school petty thief, and probably the only person who should be disqualified from the human race for cheating. But in a pinch, you can always trust that Nobby'll be right behind you. Or at least a few streets away. (??? See Fred)

Sergeant Angua Von Uberwald. Our resident Werewolf, but keep that a secret, would ya? She can use her sense of smell to ferret out the criminals. (Seer or Fool. Both her and Sally are told they are the Seer, but randomly one is the Fool)

Lance Constable Salacia Delorisista Amanita Trigestrata Zeldana Malifee... 'Sally' von Humpeding. I still don't like vampires, but our Sally has proved a good asset to have. She can hear other people's heartbeats, which is a little disconcerting. (Seer or Fool. Both her and Angua are told they are the Seer, but randomly one is the Fool)"

"Ok, Mr. Vimes. Who else do we gotta worry about out there?

"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. The Canting Crew is trapped down there too. We won't know who's who, but since they live together, they'll at least be able to tell one another apart (Masons):

Foul Ole Ron, Foul Ole Ron's Smell, and Gaspode, his 'thinking brain dog.' (all one person)
    Coffin' Henry
    The Duck Man
    Altogether Andrews
    Arnold Sideways.

This case will be a tough one. And like always, death'll be walking with us."

ERM. HELLO? Death waves, then sighs. YOU CAN'T SEE ME, CAN YOU?

--------------------------------

I need a co-narrator for this, hopefully someone with a lot of Discworld knowledge (specifically, Death, Death of Rats, the Patrician, and maybe some others will be involved in the narration). Also, I really want this to be a BIG game, so I'm holding out for an end of January start date.

Anyone wants to add or change a character, either to the criminals OR the Watch, let me know.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    I need a co-narrator for this, hopefully someone with a lot of Discworld knowledge (specifically, Death, Death of Rats, the Patrician, and maybe some others will be involved in the narration). Also, I really want this to be a BIG game, so I'm holding out for an end of January start date.

Anyone wants to add or change a character, either to the criminals OR the Watch, let me know.
    So it'd be an watch vs criminals game? That is so awesome.
    If you don't mind, I'd love to participate in it, as a co-narrator or just help to pick the powers, though I don't have all of the watch books. Also, if Nobby and Fred die together they should probably have a power as well, maybe have their votes be worth three if they are pointing at the same person? I've seen that in a couple of games.
    You'll make a good narrator in this one, I really liked your death scene in Trick or Treat.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    I've decided to shelve the Star Trek and Quantum Werewolves ideas for know in favor of something that I think more people ITP will like...

Discworld!
    These may be of interest and relevance to your idea:

"'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    These may be of interest and relevance to your idea:
    I'm sure there were probably already some Discworld games, but couldn't find them. Thanks!

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

World of Darkness II – Our Masks

Like coming out of deep hibernation…that’s what it always felt like. Disconcerting but undeniably liberating, like being born anew while holding vague memories of your former life. That much it could remember, even if everything else was just a sea of disconnected images, sounds and sensations. There were screams of terror, the pain of others and itself, and the warm red of fresh blood. A lot of that last especially, it felt like an old familiar friend somehow, a friend that was once estranged but now wanted to get intimate again. Intimate like a garrote around an exposed neck. Intimate like the whisper of a sharp blade across flesh.

The old familiar hunger began to rise up then, taking its broken memories and making them fade, making them lose their vitality and power. It tried to chase after them, make them real again, but it couldn’t move. It wasn’t truly alive yet; the transition was not yet complete. It watched helplessly as the images and emotions blew away like a morning mist, leaving it alone in the impenetrable darkness of its own fractured mind. Fear came then, strong and maddening in its ferocity. It would be left like this forever, alone and in limbo without sensation or memory, cast adrift on the sea of utter entropy at the end of all things. It wanted to scream then, run blindly through the ether, or to claw its own throat out just to feel something again. It couldn’t of course, without true body or soul it was completely helpless.

Do you wish to feel again?

It wasn’t a voice exactly, or even a sensation. The words were its whole world; they stroked its skin with cold dead hands, smelt of white funeral lilies, looked like the glint of moonlight on metal. After the void of nothing it was paradise.

Yes.

It had a voice then, small and weak but there all the same. That was an interesting development.

Do you want to hear? To smell? To see? To taste even?

YES!

Getting stronger, more certain, more real. Suddenly the darkness was tempered by the faintest of light, distant but most definitely there. That light was its escape from the nothing, and it wanted to escape more than anything. It started to claw its ways slowly towards the light, for by then it found it could crawl, though its body was foreign and numb with unfamiliarity.

Do you want to kill? To maim? To torture? Do you want to see the streets run red with blood? To hear the anguished cries of the dying? To smell their fear as you end their pitiful lives?

YESSSSSSSSS!

Faster now, its confidence growing. Mention of streets had given it another memory, of a narrow alley far from the lantern-lit thoroughfares, a dead cat rotting behind a pile of moldering leaves. It had killed someone there it remembered, a long long time ago. Slit their throat from ear to ear and watched their lifeblood fountain up into the cool night air.

Then go. Go my Harlequin, and live again!

It didn’t have to crawl anymore, the light was hurtling towards it like a runaway train. Then there was more light than dark…and everything started to flood back all at once.

It was standing in a dark but familiar room, infinitely more decrepit and shabby than last time, but familiar all the same. There were sounds coming from somewhere above, but that didn’t matter right then. The masks were hung on the wall like they always were; The Jester, The Horror, The Plaguebearer, The Devil, dozens more. The masks were important, no-one let themselves be seen without a mask to hide their true selves, that it did remember. Masks were humanity’s protection, against each other and the world itself, even if they didn’t realise what they were doing. Your gran just died? Put on a brave smile and pretend to be strong. Can’t stand the idiot in front of you? Put on a patient face and resist the urge to smash their face in. Love someone? Then hide that feeling away, deep down behind a mask of disinterest or introversion. Better that than let someone see your true face, to open your emotions to them, to have them torn apart.

These masks were different though. Every single one of them was its true face, a small facet of itself. The Harlequin reached out with long slender fingers like scalpel blades and stroked each mask for a moment, giving each fair attention. It was important that it pick the right one for its big entrance. Eventually its white hand closed around the cold porcelain of The Jester, lifting it from the hook with a reverence more often reserved for religious artifacts. As soon as it lifted it to its face Harlequin knew it was the right choice, the tingle as it connected and then fused firmly to its head was unmistakable. A happy face for a happy occasion, it had just been born again after all.

The Harlequin lowered its bladed hands and danced lightly to the stairs at the far end of the room. There were lights up there, and voices. A thrill of anticipation shivered through its slender frame as it put one foot on the first step. This was going to be fun.

…yes, we all wear our masks, but how many of us recognise our true face?

World of Darkness II - Our Masks is coming soon. I do hope you will join the maskerade, it promises to be a most interesting....experience.

Meh, I'm in a creative mood for once, so sue me. I'll post some the draft rules up when I've actually decided what to do with this lunacy.
    In the mean time please don't mind me derail the thread, just treat this as a little taster, if you will.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2010-10-29 at 10:38 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Gehenna ended with Elder Giovanni as the winner.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-10-31 at 01:16 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #199

NecromancerGirl

Ok, here is a rough draft of MtG - Conflux, can I get opinions, on whether or not you think it is balanced/good/or what not.

MtG - Conflux, The Battle for Alara Continues

Esper -
    Spoiler
    Show

Tezzert - Alpha - scries as Esper villager, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Tezzeret you are the leader of Esper. Your power lies within the artifacts of Esper. Reanimation, you have the power to attempt to reanimate a member of your party. The chance of success is a decreasing percent that decreases with each use.
    First use is 90%, the second use is 80% ETC.

- Scry -

- Nightkill -

- Vortexer - Your enigmatic powers allow you to confuse your enemies to such a degree that you can make them target who you wish, and not who they desire. Can vortex either votes or powers.

- Villager - You are skilled at riddles and questions, you have learned how to confuse people and make it so they target someone other than there original choice. One can vortex votes and the other powers, has a 50% chance to vortex votes.

Bant -
    Spoiler
    Show

Elspeth - Alpha - scries as Bant villager, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Elspeth you are the leader of Bant. Your power lies within the people. You can protect those around you with your power, has a normal night or day bane however, once every three nights you can protect all of your remaining troops.

- Scry -

- Nightkill -

- Bane day or night - You are so skilled at protecting your people that once you have set your mind to it nothing can stop you from protecting your loved ones.

- Villager - The two of you are skilled at protection you have learned how to stand guard and protect someone till your final breath if need be. One of the villagers can Day bane, while the other can night bane, 50% chance of working.

Jund -
    Spoiler
    Show

Sarkhan - Alpha - scries as Jund Villager, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Sarkhan you are the leader of Jund. Your power lies within the fiery destructive power of Jund. Every night you have a night kill. However once every other night, you can sacrifice your night kill in favor of bringing your fiery power onto the battlefield. Can increase his/her vote by 3.

- Scry -

- Nightkill -

- Growth -

- Villager - If you manage to be on three successful lynch wagons your vote becomes more powerful as such you gain a permanent +1 to your vote (per three consecutive successful bandwagons.)

Grixis -
    Spoiler
    Show

Nicol Bolas - Alpha - scries as Grixis Villager, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Nicol Bolas you are the leader of Grixis. Your power stems forth from the death of everything. You are Nicol Bolas one of the greatest Planeswalkers to have ever existed, you are old and as such know much. You can Scry/bane/nightkill/void, anyone you want.... After all who will stop you? You are Nico Bolas

- Scry -

- Nightkill -

- Silencer -

- Villager - You know magic that some people can only dream of, as such you can attempt to weave a complex spell around your opponent a spell that leaves them unable to do anything at night. Has a 25% chance to silence someone.

Naya -
    Spoiler
    Show

Ajani Vengeant - Alpha - scries as Jund Villager, You are the great and mighty Planeswalker Ajani Vengeant you are the leader of Naya. Your power lies within the sheer power of Nayas beasts. Vengeance runs through your veins the need to destroy those who wronged you, you harness your power and unleash it on your enemies however you can also use this power to protect your people. As you know both the power of destruction and life you can once every other night have a night kill, on the other nights you may protect those you care about with either a day bane or night bane.

- Scry -

- Nightkill -

- Delayed beast -

- Villager - From your time in the wild you have learned how to defend yourself. As such when you die, you have a 50% chance to take down your attacker with you.

Neutral -
    Spoiler
    Show

Who they are and what there win condition is, is unknown to all but the person who is the neutral.

Spells -
    Spoiler
    Show

{table="spells"]Name|Ability
    Fog|Prevent all points at you this day, can be used after night 1
    Celestial Purge|Prevent a target from either voting the next day or using there night action, can be used after night 3
    Path to Exile|You prevent everything a target does for a day and night, can be used after night 2|
    Cumber stone|Can void up to 3 peoples votes, can be used after night 4
    Unsommon|Prevent targets night action, can be used after night 1
    More to come|
    [/table]
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2010-10-31 at 02:44 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    In the tradition of Gehenna (Still running) I present:

WW: Mage: Ascension War

Technocracy-

Iteration X: Scrier
    New World Order: Extra Recruiter
    Progenitors: Transmuter
    Syndicate: Double Lynch Vote
    Void Engineers: Baner
    Project Ragnarok: Night Kill

Traditional-

Akashic Brotherhood: Scrier
    Celestial Chorus: Transmuter
    Cult of Ecstasy: Extra Recruit
    Dreamspeakers: Double Lynch Vote
    Euthanatos: Voider
    Order of Hermes: Night Kill
    Sons of Ether: Baner
    Virtual Adapt: Day-Baner
    Verbena: Beast

UnAwakened-

Sleeper: Villagers

The game consists of 15 players minimum.

Three 'teams' Technocracy, Traditional, and Unawakened. They represent the three factions of the Ascension War. The game starts with only one member of the Technocracy, one member of the Traditional, and the rest are Sleepers.

During Night Phase, the Traditional and Technocracy teams choose one Sleeper to be 'Recruited'. That sleeper gains the powers chosen from the factions list. The choice is the factions not the sleepers. A sleeper may not refuse recruitment.

The game is over when there are no sleepers or only one faction remains.

If there is only one faction remaining, that faction wins. If there are no sleepers remaining, then the faction with the largest numbers win.

For either faction to win, they must have 1 of each power on their list.

Any suggestions?

Edit: The each faction needing to be complete wouldn't work for a small game. Maybe a large game, but not a small one. Plus, the Technocracy doesn't have the ability to do some of the Traditional powers. Hence the complete faction rule. So, I brainstormed, and figured out a different way.

Two members of the Technocracy faction may 'research project' to create a new power for the faction that night. Explanation after the following chart:

Iteration X + New World Order = Day-Baner
    Iteration X + Progenitors = Voider
    Iteration X + Syndicate = Voider
    Iteration X + Void Engineers = Day-Baner
    Iteration X + Project Ragnarok = Beast
    New World Order + Progenitors = Voider
    New World Order + Syndicate = Day-Baner
    New World Order + Void Engineer = Day-Baner
    New World Order + Project Ragnarok = Beast
    Progenitors + Syndicate = Voider
    Progenitors + Void Engineers = Day-Baner
    Progenitors + Project Ragnarok = Beast
    Syndicate + Void Engineers = Day-Baner
    Syndicate + Project Ragnarok = Beast
    Void Engineers + Project Ragnarok = Beast

Voider: The Technocracy Faction may choose a single person to be voided. That person's night powers (if any) do not work the following night.
    Day-Baner: The Technocracy Faction may choose a single person to be Day-Baned. That person will not be killed if lynched the following day.
    Beast: Each person who helps the Research project, gains the Beast power till the following night. If they are lynched, the last person to vote for them is also killed as the result of the lynch.

This is the rough draft for Ascension Wars. Any suggestions?

I don't want another oops like in Gehenna

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

St. Trinian's WW still needs 3 more players.

*waves cookies as incentive*
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

HI, due to financial difficulty I am losing my internet access, hopefully this will be sorted soon but until it is I have to withdraw from all games, sorry
    Robert Blackletter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

23. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Second thread for Classic has been posted, awaiting moderator approval.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #204

Away for three days for a school camp. Please don't auto.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

I need some comments and suggestions on roles for my first game in January. I want every villain to be unique, but not too overpowering. The ratio would be about 1/5 bad to good players. Here are some of the Shapeshifter role ideas I came up with:

Spoiler
    Show

All players will vote in red as normal even if their vote is voided; it just doesn't count toward the final tally. Helgraf's Scry Interference is in full effect.

All villains can 'Shapeshift' for one night and day cycle by voiding their own unique power and vote for one night and day cycle. While shapeshifted, the villian is scried as 'Good' (a Joe Schmo, if scried by the Psion). The villains send in one collective night kill vote every night phase. All villains start the game in contact with one another, but are not informed of their individual roles.

The Shapeshifters:

Reaper:
    The Reaper can, during any night phase, perform one unstoppable kill per game. This kill replaces the usual night kill. The identity of the Reaper is posted in-thread along with the kill the following day.

Psion:
    The Psion can scry any target during the night phase and receive their full role. This scry is subject to any and all forms of interference.

Hypnotist:
    The Hypnotist can choose a target every night phase. During the next day phase the target's point will be voided and the Hypnotist's point counts as two votes. However, if the target points at the Hypnotist, the Hypnotist's point is voided and the target's point counts as four votes (Hero Hammerton's vote counts as twelve).

Harvester:
    The Harvester collects votes toward him throughout the game and can, at the cost of his life, use them on a target during the day phase (These include Hero Hammerton's votes and do not include voided votes). The action is announced by the Harvester and he dies at the end of the day regardless of whether or not the target was killed. All votes toward the Harvester during the day that he uses his ability are voided and do not count toward the Harvester's collection. The Harvester is not aware of how many votes he has.

Interdictor:
    The Interdictor can void his own point during the next day phase to give interference to all scries during the current night phase.

Clairvoyant:
    The Clairvoyant can void his own point during the next day phase to receive the names of every scry target during the current night phase. He does not receive the roles of the targets, nor the names of the scriers.

The Good:

Hero Hammerton:
    Hero's vote counts as three. Starts the game knowing the identity of Sly Sidekick.

Sly Sidekick:
    Baner. Can choose any target to protect from the standard night kill. Starts the game knowing the identity of Hero Hammerton.

Rival Head Researchers:
    Seer/Fool. Every night, the Researchers can scry a target; only the alignment is given. As long as both Researchers are alive, one will always receive a random result (determined at the start of the game). Rival Researcher always scries as Rival Researcher. This scry is subject to any and all forms of interference. If the accurate Researcher dies, the inaccurate Researcher becomes an accurate Researcher. Shapeshifting does not affect the scries of the inaccurate Researcher.

Scientists:
    Masons. The Scientists start the game knowing the identity of the other Scientists.

Joe Schmo:
    Villager. Has no abilities.

The game ends when there are no more Shapeshifters or the number of Good roles is equal to the number of Shapeshifters.

The villain roles would be determined in the order they show up (In a 15 person game, only the Reaper, Psion and Hypnotist would be in the game, but a 20 person game would include the Harvester.)

26. - Top - End - #206

Hi,

Once again I will be spending a weekend in that wonderful country that gave us Elton John and Eddie Izzard. I don't think I'll have internet access from Friday on so no auto lynches please.

Your innocent carnivore,
    Rakkoon
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2010-11-04 at 09:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    I need some comments and suggestions on roles for my first game in January. I want every villain to be unique, but not too overpowering. The ratio would be about 1/5 bad to good players. Here are some of the Shapeshifter role ideas I came up with:

Spoiler
    Show

All players will vote in red as normal even if their vote is voided; it just doesn't count toward the final tally. Helgraf's Scry Interference is in full effect.

All villains can 'Shapeshift' for one night and day cycle by voiding their own unique power and vote for one night and day cycle. While shapeshifted, the villian is scried as 'Good' (a Joe Schmo, if scried by the Psion). The villains send in one collective night kill vote every night phase. All villains start the game in contact with one another, but are not informed of their individual roles.

The Shapeshifters:

Reaper:
    The Reaper can, during any night phase, perform one unstoppable kill per game. This kill replaces the usual night kill. The identity of the Reaper is posted in-thread along with the kill the following day.

Psion:
    The Psion can scry any target during the night phase and receive their full role. This scry is subject to any and all forms of interference.

Hypnotist:
    The Hypnotist can choose a target every night phase. During the next day phase the target's point will be voided and the Hypnotist's point counts as two votes. However, if the target points at the Hypnotist, the Hypnotist's point is voided and the target's point counts as four votes (Hero Hammerton's vote counts as twelve).

Harvester:
    The Harvester collects votes toward him throughout the game and can, at the cost of his life, use them on a target during the day phase (These include Hero Hammerton's votes and do not include voided votes). The action is announced by the Harvester and he dies at the end of the day regardless of whether or not the target was killed. All votes toward the Harvester during the day that he uses his ability are voided and do not count toward the Harvester's collection. The Harvester is not aware of how many votes he has.

Interdictor:
    The Interdictor can void his own point during the next day phase to give interference to all scries during the current night phase.

Clairvoyant:
    The Clairvoyant can void his own point during the next day phase to receive the names of every scry target during the current night phase. He does not receive the roles of the targets, nor the names of the scriers.

The Good:

Hero Hammerton:
    Hero's vote counts as three. Starts the game knowing the identity of Sly Sidekick.

Sly Sidekick:
    Baner. Can choose any target to protect from the standard night kill. Starts the game knowing the identity of Hero Hammerton.

Rival Head Researchers:
    Seer/Fool. Every night, the Researchers can scry a target; only the alignment is given. As long as both Researchers are alive, one will always receive a random result (determined at the start of the game). Rival Researcher always scries as Rival Researcher. This scry is subject to any and all forms of interference. If the accurate Researcher dies, the inaccurate Researcher becomes an accurate Researcher. Shapeshifting does not affect the scries of the inaccurate Researcher.

Scientists:
    Masons. The Scientists start the game knowing the identity of the other Scientists.

Joe Schmo:
    Villager. Has no abilities.

The game ends when there are no more Shapeshifters or the number of Good roles is equal to the number of Shapeshifters.

The villain roles would be determined in the order they show up (In a 15 person game, only the Reaper, Psion and Hypnotist would be in the game, but a 20 person game would include the Harvester.)
    I would suggest changing the Reaper's role and the Harvester's role. In my opionion, no one likes having a role that kills them off. With the reaper, there's really no point with the unstoppable kill since it kills him off. Makes it almost useless and then from there he becomes a normal wolf.

As to the Harvester, that is basically trading one wolf for one villager, while the reaper trades a baner/seer and villager for a wolf. So we now have two wolves dead to three good people. At that rate the wolves would lose for sure.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, yeah. The Harvester could use his ability as a night action to add the votes to his vote during the next day. That would be quite a bit better.

EDIT: I would probably need to give a good guy a day-bane...
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2010-11-04 at 10:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Demons II: Has been sent in for approval! Now with 100% more balance. It not quite going to be able to start on the 8th but will still go in that same week.

Edit: Link to the game
    Last edited by Lamech; 2010-11-06 at 10:17 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Now with 100% more balance.
    Does that mean Murska is a villager that instadies when he tells a lie?
    :P
    Above Us Only Sky