New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [D&D 4E] Martial Controller coming in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Don't if anybody's mentioned this here yet, but the new Heroes of the Fallen Lands includes a list of classes/builds with roles that will be in the forthcoming Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms. And just as Fallen Lands' two Fighter builds have different roles (the Slayer is a Strike, the Knight a Defender), Forgotten Kingdoms has two Ranger builds with different roles: The Scout is a Striker, but the Hunter is the long-awaited Martial Controller!

Discuss.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Martial Controller coming in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

It would seem that the Ranger has killed the Seeker and taken its stuff.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Martial Controller coming in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    {{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2010-09-21 at 11:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    Warforged: We can draw the guards away from the treasury if we set that orphanage two blocks down on fire.

Paladin: wtf, NO! Why would you say something like that?

Warforged: Fine, fine. I'll go burn down the church instead. I bet the screams of the monks will carry farther than the children's anyway, judging on their singing capacity.

Paladin: I've got a better idea. You shut up and we'll send the rogue around back >.<

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    I hope so. I never really saw much point to the Seeker anyway.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I really like the Seeker, but I do think of it as sort of a debuffing ranger.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Of note, Essentials (with DDI) has also added the first DUAL power type class, as the new Assassin in both Martial and Shadow, opening up interesting feat and power options without a MC dip.

I for one am very excited about the Hunter build, and eager to see it, without the mixed feelings I have about some other Essentials changes.

I have been considering a campaign in which even NPC spellcasters are only seen every couple of levels, and the ability to restrict the players to martial only without loosing access to a role is very tempting. But, I don't want to threadjack, so I'll just repeat that having all roles in the Martial power source is a big plus to me.
    To Prevent Serious Injury: Be Awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

It could easily be a dual martial/primal class.

There is already a dual arcane/martial paragon path for rangers.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BlckDv View Post
    Of note, Essentials (with DDI) has also added the first DUAL power type class, as the new Assassin in both Martial and Shadow, opening up interesting feat and power options without a MC dip.
    They have said that the Shadow Power book coming out early next year will not be so much a new class book but more of here are ways to add the Shadow power source to existing classes. So I exspect to see a Shadow Fighter build, Shadow Mage, Shadow Cleric, ect builds in it with feats that give a shadow flavor to what ever class you want to play.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yakk View Post
    It could easily be a dual martial/primal class.

There is already a dual arcane/martial paragon path for rangers.
    The Essentials Assassin has Martial at-wills (and some utilities), but most of its powers are Shadow hexes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Essentials Ranger was a return (or at least homage) to the martial/primal form of 3.5 and before.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    The Essentials Assassin has Martial at-wills (and some utilities), but most of its powers are Shadow hexes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Essentials Ranger was a return (or at least homage) to the martial/primal form of 3.5 and before.
    That would be awesome.