New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

So. Many. Dragons.

*Drools*

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Oak Dragon
    Dragon (Wood, Feykin)
    Environment: Temperate Forests (Faerie)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 10; young adult 13; adult 15; mature adult 18; old 20; very old 21; ancient 23; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good.

Oak Dragons are powerful and wise protectors of the woods they call home. Although not limited to remaining within this region, unlike other of the arbor dragons, they rarely if ever leave their home woods. Oak dragons care deeply for the inhabitants of their woodland home, and often become revered, almost as gods, by animals and lesser fey who dwell in the area.

Oak dragons have grey scales which form furrows like the bark of an oak tree. Their eyes are set beneath heavy brows, and a deep brown. The membranes of their wings are the green of fresh leaves and their underbelly is smooth and brown. Occasionally lichen will grow upon the sides and backs of these august dragons.

Forests that oak dragons dwell in are almost always virgin forests. This is not because they choose forests for these criteria (although they often do) but because not many are foolish enough to try and log a forest where an oak dragon dwells. Despite being generally benevolent oak dragons are fierce in their role as protectors of the woods and have been known to kill travelers and others who damage it. Any logging will incite their ire, even the occasional felled tree can cause a severe retribution from these creatures to which every tree is a precious and sacred thing. For those of good hearts who mean the forest no harm a forest inhabited by an oak dragon is amongst the safest places to be, for these powerful dragons have a burning hatred of evil creatures and will strike hard and fast against any evil creatures that dare pollute the woods with their presence.

Oak dragons are often allies of dryads and treants. Many oak dragons in fact share their bonded tree with a dryad forming a strong bond; in fact it is not uncommon for this bond to be romantic in nature and such couplings have the ability to produce full dryads and full oak dragons in addition to half-dragon dryads. Treants it is more a matter of shared goals. Many younger oak dragons will approach treants in search of advice and guidance, and treants have been known to seek elder oak dragons for the same.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 6d12+12 (51 hp) 15 10 15 12 15 12 6/8 8 7 5 7 2d8 (15) (-)
    Very Young L 9d12+18 (76 hp) 19 10 15 12 17 12 9/17 12 8 6 9 4d8 (16) (-)
    Young L 12d12+36 (114 hp) 21 10 17 14 17 14 12/21 16 11 8 11 6d8 (19) (-)
    Juvenile L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 23 10 17 14 19 14 16/25 20 12 9 13 8d8 (20) (-)
    Young Adult H 18d12+76 (193 hp) 25 10 19 16 21 16 18/33 23 15 11 16 10d8 (23) 22
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 18 23 18 21/37 27 17 12 18 12d8 (25) 24
    Mature Adult H 24d12+144 (310 hp) 29 10 23 18 23 18 24/41 31 20 14 20 14d8 (28) 26
    Old H 27d12+189 (314 hp) 31 10 25 20 25 20 27/45 35 22 15 22 16d8 (30) 28
    Very Old G 30d12+210 (405 hp) 35 10 25 20 25 20 30/54 38 24 17 24 18d8 (32) 30
    Ancient G 33d12+264 (478 hp) 37 10 27 22 27 22 33/58 42 26 18 26 20d8 (34) 32
    Wyrm G 36d12+324 (558 hp) 39 10 29 24 29 24 36/62 46 29 20 29 22d8 (37) 35
    Great Wyrm C 39d12+351 (604 hp) 43 10 29 24 31 24 39/71 47 30 21 31 24d8 (38) 36

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 17 (+7 natural) - Electricity Immunity, Fire Vulnerability, Speak with Plants and Animals, Tree Symbiosis -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 19 (-1 size, +10 natural) - Aura of Protection +2 -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 22 (-1 size, +13 natural) - Woodland Stride 1st
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) - Aura of Vitality 3 3rd
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 19 DR 5/cold iron 5th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 21 Transport Tree, Immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain 7th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 23 DR 10/cold iron 9th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 24 Aura of Protection +6 11th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 26 DR 15/cold iron 13th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 28 Aura of Vitality 10 15th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) 30 DR 20/cold iron 17th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-8 size, +40 natural) 32 Decay Metal 19th

Special Abilities (Su):

Breath Weapon (Su): An oak dragon has two types of breath weapon. The first is a cone of electricity dealing the listed damage (reflex for half). The second is a line of lignifying energy that temporarily transmutes part of those affected into wood and deals 1 point of Dexterity damage per age category (Fort negates), plant creatures, as well as creatures with the wood subtype are immune to this ability.

Tree Symbiosis (Su): Each oak dragon is mystically bound to a single oak tree (quercus robur is the most common species for oak dragons). An oak dragon’s oak does not radiate magic. An oak dragon may move into its own tree existing in a sort of pocket dimension while within it. While within the tree the oak dragon does not have line of effect to any creature, nor does any creature have line of effect to the oak dragon. The oak dragon may still see and hear normally as if it was in the space occupied by its arboreal home. An oak dragon may also store objects (but not creatures) in its tree as if the tree were a type IV bag of holding. An oak dragon may cause its tree to move slightly, but the speed of this movement is too slow for any in combat effect. Should an oak dragon’s tree die from any source other than the oak dragon’s own hands then the oak dragon will sicken and die within 4d6 minutes.

An oak dragon’s bonded tree is immune to electricity and should a dryad also be bound to that tree, she too is immune to electricity. This symbiotic bond extends the life span of the oak tree to be like that of the oak dragon’s.

If an oak dragon destroys its own tree the dragon does not die but instead becomes “Forlorn” a “Forlorn” oak dragon is always Chaotic Evil and suffers a -8 penalty to Wisdom and a +4 bonus to Charisma. These dragons are in a state of murderous madness, constantly wracked by pain, guilt, and sorrow.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mothers tree. When the egg is ready to hatch the tree releases the egg with a tiny Sapling (Like 9 cm tall) growign from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost it's tree it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the tree a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing tree. During this year the tree is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the tree. A dragon that destroyed its own tree does not have this option.

Speak with Plants and Animals (Su): An oak dragon may speak with plants and animals as if under continuous Speak with Animals and Speak with Plants effects.

Aura of Protection (Su): A very young or older oak dragon radiates an aura of protection out to 15-ft per age category. Any good aligned creature, other than the oak dragon, within this aura gains the listed number as a sacred bonus to AC and saves.

Woodland Stride (Ex): A young or older willow dragon gains Woodland Stride as the druid power of the same name.

Aura of Vitality (Su) A juvenile or older oak dragon radiates an aura of protection out to 15-ft per age category. Any good aligned creature, including the oak dragon, within this aura gains fast healing equal to the listed number when below half-health.

Transport Tree (Sp): Once per month, during the full moon, an oak dragon may teleport himself, his oak tree, and any dryad linked to it, as the spell greater teleport. Doing this requires 10 minutes worth of consecutive full round actions, if for any reason the ritual is interrupted that monthly use is still expended.

Decay Metal (Su): 3/day as a standard action an oak dragon can cause a single metal object with dimensions no greater than a 10-ft cube to decay and break apart becoming mere goop. Magic items and attended items are allowed a Fortitude save to negate this affect.

Spells: An oak dragon casts spells as a druid of the listed level. In addition they may prepare spells from the Strength and Protection domains.

Skills: Survival is an additional class skill for oak dragons. Oak dragons gain a bonus to Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks equal to their age category.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-02 at 12:52 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Oak dragons, and therefore the basics for colossal arbor (as I've taken to calling them) dragons that can be modified to give us redwod and others. Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    So. Many. Dragons.

*Drools*
    Thanks. There are 46 now. I'll have to double check how many exist in official books, but I think it's around 45. Plus 20 some from Dragon Magazine. So this thread hasn't doubled the number of dragons available yet, but I hope it will.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Can you please do a necromancy-styled Dragon. Pretty please with a stack of skulls on top?
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Can you please do a necromancy-styled Dragon. Pretty please with a stack of skulls on top?
    Any particular facet of necromancy you want focused on?

Also note there is a negative energy dragon (Asphodel; listed under planar) which casts spells as a dread necromancer.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

I love the Gorgon dragon. Very original, and I like the fact that it doesn't really look like a dragon. Hopefully, the group will think it is some sort of magical beast, and send the ranger in first.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    I love the Gorgon dragon. Very original, and I like the fact that it doesn't really look like a dragon. Hopefully, the group will think it is some sort of magical beast, and send the ranger in first.
    When you do run it, please PM me and tell me how it went. I hope the CRs are right.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

You should totally have it be a Necromancy dragon focused on CORPSES. Pretty please with a pile of Cthulu skulls on top?

Edit: Even better! Make a Cthulu DragonTM!
    Last edited by NecroticPunch; 2010-10-08 at 06:07 PM.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    You should totally have it be a Necromancy dragon focused on CORPSES. Pretty please with a pile of Cthulu skulls on top?

Edit: Even better! Make a Cthulu DragonTM!
    I'm guessing that means re-animation since there's not much else to do with corpses in D&D, maybe eat them for more power (well okay there are ones that make them too).

As for a Cthulhu dragon here's my best shot at one.

Others that might interest you are Maleficence dragon (wailing trapped souls), Necrocarnum Dragon (if you like MoI), and the aforementioned Asphodel dragon (a more Inner Plane focused necromancy dragon). Links to each can be found in the first post.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there a binder dragon?
    Seriously though, that wouldn't be bad.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Is there a binder dragon?
    Seriously though, that wouldn't be bad.
    Not yet; have thought about it, but the arbor ones were requested and easier to fluff and much easier for crunch. I guess casting could be replaced with binding as a binder of the same level but that seems cheap.

Do you want a generic Binder Dragon, or just a dragon that uses one or more vestiges?

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Not yet; have thought about it, but the arbor ones were requested and easier to fluff and much easier for crunch. I guess casting could be replaced with binding as a binder of the same level but that seems cheap.

Do you want a generic Binder Dragon, or just a dragon that uses one or more vestiges?
    I was thinking more like a draconic being that binds vestiges that represent the true dragons, gaining powers and abilities based on those true dragon varieties.

Alternatively, just more dragon flavored vestiges, but I suppose that ought to be another thread. Meh.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking more like a draconic being that binds vestiges that represent the true dragons, gaining powers and abilities based on those true dragon varieties.

Alternatively, just more dragon flavored vestiges, but I suppose that ought to be another thread. Meh.
    Great now I want a host of dragon themed vestiges. They're not a mechanic I know well enough, though. Only actual game play experience I've had with them involves DragoonWraith's Midnight Occultist PrC so I'm more used to using vestiges as chakra binds than for their own abilities.

Therefore at least for now I think this is beyond me... although I might start homebrewing dragon vestiges (in another thread) now.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Great now I want a host of dragon themed vestiges. They're not a mechanic I know well enough, though. Only actual game play experience I've had with them involves DragoonWraith's Midnight Occultist PrC so I'm more used to using vestiges as chakra binds than for their own abilities.

Therefore at least for now I think this is beyond me... although I might start homebrewing dragon vestiges (in another thread) now.
    Mostly it is just passives and one or two abilities usable once per five rounds. Passives can be about balanced with feats or such, and the on use abilities are more like maneuvers from ToB, or really low powered spells. Otherwise, the fluff is the hardest.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Mostly it is just passives and one or two abilities usable once per five rounds. Passives can be about balanced with feats or such, and the on use abilities are more like maneuvers from ToB, or really low powered spells. Otherwise, the fluff is the hardest.
    I remember the article on WotC's website on how to make them; balance the passives against warlock invocations and the 5-round abilities should be on par with an equal level wizard's highest level spell... I have always been dubious of that article.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember the article on WotC's website on how to make them; balance the passives against warlock invocations and the 5-round abilities should be on par with an equal level wizard's highest level spell... I have always been dubious of that article.
    Warlock abilities? It probably depends on what level the vestige is, but that hardly seems reflected in the text.
    I garnered those numbers from having to make 14 in quick succession.

Well, either way, some sort of Dragon vestiges would be awesome, since I pretty much have my plate full with other work that I need to do.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ahhh. I am very happy to come back to such a wealth of dragons being created while I was gone.

Willow, Oak, Meozoic-type dragon and Gorgonid are all beautiful.

One question:

Willow & Oak are there more reactiosn to them loosign their tree?

Gorgonid is this the mouse dragon?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Ahhh. I am very happy to come back to such a wealth of dragons being created while I was gone.

Willow, Oak, Meozoic-type dragon and Gorgonid are all beautiful.

One question:

Willow & Oak are there more reactiosn to them loosign their tree?

Gorgonid is this the mouse dragon?
    Well with Willow and Oak they either sicken and die or destroy it themselves and go totally insane, do you think they need more reactions?

For the second question, kind of; it's mainly based on the permian animal from which it got its name but it took on the traits of the mouse dragon too during creation.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'd give the Oak and Willow dragons more reactions. Possibly a way to not die like bonding to a second tree, possibly with a stipulation that it must have been a sapling from the original tree.

That actually gives you a good way for egg's for Oak and Willow Dragons.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mothers tree. The mothers tree cared and nurtures the egg while the mother and father defend the tree (Make them more family oriented during this time.) when the egg is ready to hatch the tree releases the egg with a tiny Sapling (Like 9 cm tall) growign from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost it's tree it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the tree a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing tree. During this year the tree is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the tree.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Elves are immune to sleep spells but are they immune to the Dragon Willow's breath weapon? You should probably state that creatures that aren't affect by sleep spells aren't affect by the breath weapon either. Sleep spell doesn't target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures. Is that the same for the breath weapon?

What happens if you Awaken a Willow or Oak Dragon's tree?

There's a link in my signature to Opal and Coral dragons. I never made them with full age categories, but you could update them if you like.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-10-09 at 06:34 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground

How about ToB Dragons?
    Or truename (which I think fits better).
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    How about ToB Dragons?
    I think he already did this.

And truenaming is horribly broken. A fixed system, of which there are likely many, still cannot deal with the numerous problems of balance that come with skill checks.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

I'd give the Oak and Willow dragons more reactions. Possibly a way to not die like bonding to a second tree, possibly with a stipulation that it must have been a sapling from the original tree.

That actually gives you a good way for egg's for Oak and Willow Dragons.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mothers tree. The mothers tree cared and nurtures the egg while the mother and father defend the tree (Make them more family oriented during this time.) when the egg is ready to hatch the tree releases the egg with a tiny Sapling (Like 9 cm tall) growign from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost it's tree it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the tree a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing tree. During this year the tree is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the tree.
    I'll probably do that. But taking out the line about mother and father roles (dragons typically vary about this within one species much less as many as this will end up being) and adding that if they destroy their own tree they don't have the option. Also should it be an actual sapling for the adults, or just a cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Elves are immune to sleep spells but are they immune to the Dragon Willow's breath weapon? You should probably state that creatures that aren't affect by sleep spells aren't affect by the breath weapon either. Sleep spell doesn't target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures. Is that the same for the breath weapon?

What happens if you Awaken a Willow or Oak Dragon's tree?

There's a link in my signature to Opal and Coral dragons. I never made them with full age categories, but you could update them if you like.

Debby
    I'd say it's the same as with Brass Dragon's sleep breath. I'd rule elves are immune to both at least; I checked brass dragons to see how they clarified it and they didn't.

My guess is the same thing as if you awakened a dryad's tree; they are now attached to a mobile tree that can talk back. Sitcom ensues.

I'll have to do that sometime.

How about ToB Dragons?
    ToB I made one (Enyo Dragon), there's another one floating around on these boards somewhere and Dragons of Eberron has a Sovereign Archetype that grants limited access to Tiger's Claw; so for now it has a decent coverage and I'm going to get one for Pact and/or Truename magic first by preference.

Truename is waiting till I reread Kyuedo's truenaming fix.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-09 at 12:58 PM.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

I recently got Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I've been thinking how much Bowser is like a rather small flightless dragon. He's got fire breath, hoards coins and princesses, has got a clutch of young, ect. The only problem is that he'd be Medium size, with powerfull build. MAYBE large.
    ...Maybe he's only Young Adult age? Or younger, dragons learn to speak and plot evil schemes at a young age.
    His kids are almost just like him, only smaller, and some with spell casting (dragon+sorcerer levels!).

Want to stat him up? And maybe a winged version, his title is the "Koopa king", and there are winged koopas.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think that Willow Dragons need something that works against elves if they breath doesn't. Because a dragon without it's breath is sort of well... Not to dragon-like.

Edit: Right now I am working on some Monster-class conversions of your Fey Dragons Zaydos. Might have Willow up later today or sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-10-09 at 04:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

And as I said. Here is the Willow Dragon as a Monster-Class.

Willow Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

HD: D12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1 | +2|+0 |+2 | Willow Dragon Body, Tree Symbiosis, Fey blood, +1 Wis
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Woodland Senses, Slumbering Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3 | Alternate Form, Blindsense 60 ft,+1 Str
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Song of Soothing, Growth, Wings
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Natural Arcana, +1 Wis
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Woodland Stride, +1 Con
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Song of Healing, +1 Str
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Woodland Affinity, Growth, Tail slap , +1 Wis
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| Song of Awakening, +1 Con
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | Unfound Passage, Natural Arcana, +1 Wis
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Song of Growth, Arcane Skin, +1 Str
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Lord of the Forest, Cold Iron Scales
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| Song of Animation, +1 Wis, +1 Con
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Growth, Crush, Transport Tree
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Fey Form, +1 Str
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10|Natural Arcana, +1 Wis
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | Song of Calling, +1 Con
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | One With the Forest, +1 Wis, +1 Str
    19| +19| +11| +6| +11| Vengeance of the Forest, +1 Str
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Song of Ruin, +1 Con
    [/TABLE]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Concentration, Climb, Hide, Spot, Listen, Move Silently, Heal, Survival, Knowledge(any), Perform.

Proficiencies:
    A Willow Dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Willow Dragon Body: The Willow Dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 ft. base Land Speed that increases by 10 ft for every 5 HD the Willow Dragon has, and is small sized. The Willow Dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Willow Dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the Willow Dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The Willow Dragon is vulnerable to Fire, making it take +50% damage from all effects with the keyword Fire.

With the nature of the Willow Dragons abilities and life Willow Dragons have gained a strength against mind affecting effects. They have a racial +8 on saves versus Mind Affecting Effects.

Tree Symbiosis (Su): Each Willow Bragon is mystically bound to a single Willow tree (salix alba is the most common species for willow dragons) and must never stray more than one mile from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 hours. A Willow Dragon’s Willow does not radiate magic. A Willow Dragon may move into its own tree existing in a sort of pocket dimension while within it. While within the tree the Willow Dragon does not have line of effect to any creature, nor does any creature have line of effect to the Willow Dragon. The Willow Dragon may still see and hear normally as if it was in the space occupied by its arboreal home. A Willow Dragon may also store objects (but not creatures) in its tree as if the tree were a type IV bag of holding. A Willow Dragon may cause its tree to move slightly, but the speed of this movement is too slow for any in combat effect. Due to this symbiosis a Willow Dragon's tree does not normally die of old age until the Dragon itself succumbs to the twilight.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mother’s tree. When the egg is ready to hatch the tree releases the egg with a tiny Sapling (Like 9 cm tall) growing from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost it's tree it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the tree a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing tree. During this year the tree is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the tree. A dragon that destroyed its own tree does not have this option.

Rarely a willow dragon, in a fit of madness, will destroy its own tree. Few willow dragons survive this act and those who do become "Forlorn". A "Forlorn" suffers a -8 penalty to Wisdom and lose their druidic casting. They gain a +6 to Charisma and sorcerer casting as a sorcerer of the listed level. "Forlorn" as lose access to all Song of X abilities they had as a willow dragon except for Song of Ending. "Forlorn" are always Chaotic Evil and exist in a state of anger, sorrow, and unending pain. Few "Forlorn" live more than a month, and none has been known to live a year in this state.

Fey Blood: A Willow Dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a Druid and takes his spells known from the Druid spell list.

If it multi-classes as a bard it's spell casting increases as a bard.
    If it multi-classes as a Druid it counts as already having sorcerer casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon Level | Virtual Druid casting
    1|-
    2|-
    3|1
    4|2
    5|3
    6|4
    7|5
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|9
    12|10
    13|11
    14|12
    15|13
    16|14
    17|15
    18|16
    19|17
    20|17
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of Druid would count as already having 1 level of Druid and gains the spell slots and spells known that a Druid gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spells known from the 1st level of Druid. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of Druid would count as having 14 levels of Druid(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spells known that a Druid gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spells known that a Druid gets from level 1 to 13. He would get the Animal Companion ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to Druid.

If a dragon takes a casting Prestige Class, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a Druid. So a Dragon 10/Loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level Druid (he would still receive spell slots and spells known from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spells known from a sorcerer 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Ability score increase: The Willow Dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

1 | +1 Wis
    3 | +1 Wis, +1 Str
    6 | +2 Wis, +1 Str, +1 Con
    7 | +2 Wis, +2 Str, +1 Con
    8 | +3 Wis, +2 Str, +1 Con
    9 | +3 Wis, +2 Str, +2 Con
    10 | +4 Wis, +2 Str, +2 Con
    11 | +4 Wis, +3 Str, +2 Con
    13 | +5 Wis, +3 Str, +3 Con
    15 | +5 Wis, +4 Str, +3 Con
    16 | +6 Wis, +4 Str, +3 Con
    17 | +6 Wis, +4 Str, +4 Con
    18 | +7 Wis, +5 Str, +4 Con
    19 | +7 Wis, +6 Str, +4 Con
    20 | +7 Wis, +6 Str, +5 Con

[/TABLE]

NOTE: This table presents the TOTAL bonus gained for ease of keeping count! Don't add the values from different levels!

Woodland Senses: The Willow Dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Slumbering Breath: The Willow Dragon’s single breath weapon is a cone of sleep gas. All creatures caught in the 60ft cone must make a Will save or fall asleep (as the spell, no hit die cap) for 1d6 + ½ Willow Dragons class level.

Alternate Form:At 3rd level a Willow Dragon can assume the form of any animal or humanoid form of Small size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form. Upon gaining a new size category the Willow Dragon may instead opt to assume the form of a humanoid or animal form of that size category or smaller.

Blindsense: Gained at 3rd level, as the normal ability, range 60 ft.

Song of Soothing (Su): A Willow Dragon of level 4 or higher may sing a song of soothing. This functions as the spell Calm Emotions except: it has a range of 60-ft; it lasts for as long as the Willow Dragon sings; fey with more hit die than the Willow Dragon are immune to this ability; and outsiders with the evil subtype are also immune to this ability. The save against this effect is equal to 10 + Willow Dragons HD. It is a move action for the Willow Dragon to begin singing and while singing it may not use its bite attack. A Willow Dragon may only perform a song of soothing for 2 rounds per ½ it’s HD before ending the song and once it ends the song it may not begin another Song of Soothing for 1 hour.

Growth: At 4th level the Willow Dragon grows to Medium size.
    At 8th level the Willow Dragon grows to Large size.
    At 14th level the Willow Dragon grows to Huge size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he does not get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Wings: At 4th level the Willow Dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 ft. per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturally, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps (stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural attack dealing 1d4 damage.

Natural Arcana: At 5th, 10th and 16th level the Willow Dragon can add any spell with the Plant descriptor of a level he can cast to his list of spells known

Woodland Stride: At 6th level the Willow dragon gains a bonus on Hide and Move Silently Checks equal to 1/2 it's HD. In addition, if it's standing near a snow or ice surface (or in the middle of a snowstorm/ blizzard), it can hide without actually having anything to hide behind.

Song of Healing: At 7th level the Willow Dragon can use this ability as a SLA 1/day for every 2 HD it has. All living creatures, within 60-ft, able to hear the dragon’s song gain fast healing equal to ½ the dragon’s age category while the dragon is singing. No creature may heal more than its maximum hp from a single willow dragon’s song of healing in one day and a willow dragon is not affected by its own song. Outsiders with the evil subtype, undead, and deathless which hear this song and are within 60-ft of the willow dragon take damage equal to the willow dragon’s age category every round instead of gaining fast healing. This ability affects plants despite them being objects. It is a move action for the Willow Dragon to begin singing and while singing it may not use its bite attack.

Woodland Affinity: At 8th level a Willow Dragon knows their forest so well that they know exactly how where to find what they want and how to hide. They gain a bonus to Survival, Hide, Search and Knowledge (Nature) equal to their HD so long as they remain in a forest environment.

Tail Slap: At 8th level the Willow dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in account large size).

Song of Awakening:A Willow Dragon of 9th level can use this ability by raising it’s voice to the forest it can awaken, as per the spell Awaken, 1 plant or animal per Week per every 3 HD it has. Unlike the spell Awaken the Willow Dragon does not pay an EXP cost.

Unfound Passage: A 10th level Willow Dragon can pass through any terrain without leaving a trace as if under a permanent Pass Without Trace spell. No means magical or not may find their passage.

Song of Growth: A Willow Dragon of level 11 or higher may target a number of plant creatures equal to its ½ it’s HD within 60-ft of it with this ability 1/day per 5 HD. The targeted plant creatures are affected as if by an Animal Growth spell that affects plants instead of animals for as long as the willow dragon sings. They also gain fast healing as if from the Willow Dragon’s Song of Healing ability during this song (they may heal their hp from this song 1/day and from song of healing 1/day each). Non-creature plants within an area in which the Willow Dragon sings for at least 10 minutes will grow twice as much during the next year; no non-creature plant may be affected by the willow dragon’s song of growth more than once per year. It is a move action for the willow dragon to begin singing and while singing it may not use its bite attack.

Arcane skin: At 11th level the Willow Dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Lord of the Forest:At 12th level a Willow Dragon casts spells and SLAs with the [Plant] descriptor at +2 caster level and ignores any limit on caster level on such spells and SLAs.

Cold Iron Scales: At 13th level the Willow dragon gains DR/Cold Iron equal to half his HD.

Song of Animation: A Willow Dragon of level 13 or higher may sing a song that animates the plants around them as per the Animate Plants spell. The Willow dragon may use this ability 1/day per 6 HD it has. It is a move action for the willow dragon to begin singing and while singing it may not use its bite attack.

Crush: At 14th level the dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in account huge size.

Spoiler
    Show

This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Transport Tree: A Willow Dragon of 14th level or higher may teleport themselves, their tree and any bonded Dryad once during either an equinox or solstice as the spell greater teleport.

Fey Form: A Willow Dragon of 15th level may use its Alternate Form ability take the form of a Fey creature of extreme beauty. This functions as Alternate Form into a nymph except: male Willow Dragons may use this ability to become a male creature whose surreal beauty is equivalent to that of a nymph’s; while in this form the Willow Dragon gains a deflection bonus to its AC equal to its Charisma modifier; while in this form the willow dragon gains both the nymph’s Stunning Glance and blinding beauty abilities. It does not gain any other abilities of a nymph.

Song of Calling: A Willow Dragon of level 17 may sing a Song of Calling. The Willow Dragon call out to nature herself to embody and protect the Willow Dragon. In return nature creates 1d4+2 Shambling Mounds as per the spell, Shambler. The Shambling Mounds react and follow your instructions as per the spell but always have their immunity to fire no matter what environment they are summoned in.
    The Willow Dragon cannot use this ability again until all Shambling Mounds from the previous calling are dead.

One With the Forest: The Willow Dragon has lived in the forest so long that it’s body is now covered with plant-like growths and can blend in perfectly. You can now as a free action stop moving to blend in with your environment perfectly. While blended in no means except magical may detect you.

Vengeance of the Forest: Willow Dragons will never forgive, and never forget those that desecrate their forests. At 19th level, they gain a +2 Sacred bonus to AC, Saves, Skills and Ability Checks, Attack rolls, Damage Rolls and DCs from their spells, SLAs and breath weapon against opponents who have defaced the Willow Dragons forest in the past or somehow injured the Willow Dragon. This bonus is cumulative for multiple encounters (with at least 24 hours interval) and has no limit.

Song of Ruin: The Willow Dragon has now lived to see so much bad in this world that they may sing a Song of Ending. Their voice may either affect all creatures, except for ones it specifically designates as exempt, or affect only creatures it specifically targets with this ability. Whichever it chooses, targeted creatures must make a Fort save each round the Willow Dragon sings or take 2 negative levels. The save against this effect is Willow Dragon HD + Cha Modifier. It is a move action for the Willow Dragon to begin singing and while singing it may not use its bite attack. A Willow Dragon may only perform a Song of Ending for 1 round per level before ending the song and once it ends the song it may not begin another Song of Ending for 24 hours.

Zaydos can you make a fey dragon based off of the picture at this link?
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-10-10 at 12:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Barbarian in the Playground

first thing i think Gorgondantess at the improved monster classes would like to see this creature
    you'll just post your dragon there and well comment on it to improve it.

and can i request a multi arm dragon?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-09 at 08:46 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Blackberry Dragon
    Dragon (Feykin, Wood)
    Environment: Temperate Forests (Faerie)
    Organization: Solitary, pair, family (2-5), or colony (6-24)
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling ½, young 1, adult 3, old 5, wyrm 7, great wyrm 9.
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral Good.

These small dragons are known to be found occasionally amidst blackberry bushes throughout Faerie. They are kind creatures, only hostile to those who would disturb, and possibly damage, their homes. When they are thus threatened these dragons will emerge from their bush in a furious swarm of claws and gnashing teeth, using their toxic breath to drive away enemies.

When not threatened, blackberry dragons are among the friendlier denizens of Faerie willing to give lost travelers directions, help them find shelter, and help them procure food. They are brave creatures, though, and if someone is going to harm another in front of them that person should be careful lest a dozen dragons attack him.

Not quite true dragons, blackberry dragons only go through 5 age categories and have short life spans, reaching adulthood by 16 years of age and extremely few living over 200 years. Despite this they share many traits in common with true dragons. Unlike other arbor dragons blackberry dragons cannot become “Forlorn”.

Elven and fey blooded wizards sometimes take blackberry dragons as their familiars. This act severs the connection between the dragon and its bush giving it a chance to live beyond its normal term at life. A wyrmling or very young require a 7th+ level master and the Improved Familiar feat. An adult is available at Level 10 or higher, an old dragon beginning at Lv 15, and a wyrm at Lv 1.

I won’t try to describe them since I’m not good at it and they were based on a pic so I’ll link the pic instead http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=drag...t=144#/d1obejg

Blackberry Dragons and aging
    {table]Category| Age
    "Wyrmling"| 0-3 years.
    "Young" |4-15 years.
    "Adult" |16-30 years
    "Old"| 31-45 years.
    "Wyrm"| 46-90 years.
    "Great Wyrm"| 91 +Charisma x5 years.[/table]

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice | Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon
    "Wyrmling"| F| 1d12 (6 hp) | 4| 16| 10| 8| 11| 10| 1/-18| 6| 2| 5| 2 |-
    "Young"| D| 3d12+3 (22 hp) | 8| 16| 12| 10| 13| 12| 3/-10| 6| 4| 6| 4| 1d4 (DC 12)
    "Adult"| T| 5d12+10 (42 hp) | 10| 16| 14| 12| 15| 14| 5/-3| 7| 6| 7| 6| 1d6 (DC 14)
    "Old"| T| 7d12+14 (59 hp) | 12| 16| 14| 12| 15| 14| 7/0| 10| 7| 8| 7| 1d8 (DC 15)
    "Wyrm"| S| 9d12+27 (85 hp) | 14| 18| 16| 14| 17| 16| 9/7| 12| 9| 10| 9| 1d10 (DC 17)
    "Great Wyrm"| S| 11d12+44 (115 hp) | 16| 20| 18| 16| 19| 18| 11/10| 15| 11| 12| 11| 1d12 (DC 19)[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities |Caster Level |Bite Damage |Claw Damage |Breath Weapon Range
    "Wyrmling"| 5-ft, fly 20-ft (good) |+3 |21 (+8 size, +3 Dex) |- |Fire Vulnerability, Poison Immunity, Bush Symbiosis, Keen Senses, Blindsense, Bite reach |- |1 |- |-
    "Young" |10-ft, fly 30-ft (good) |+3 |19 (+4 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural) |- |Invisibility |- |1d3 |1d2 |10-ft
    "Adult" |30-ft, fly 40-ft (good) |+3 |19 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +4 natural) |- |Woodland Stride, Camouflage |- |1d4 |1d3 |15-ft
    "Old"| 30-ft, fly 40-ft (good) |+3 |21 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +6 natural) |15 |DR 5/cold iron |1st |1d4 |1d3 |15-ft
    "Wyrm" |30-ft, fly 60-ft (average) |+4 |23 (+1 size, +4 Dex, +8 natural) |17 |Persistant Image |3rd |1d6 |1d4 |30-ft
    "Great Wyrm"| 30-ft, fly 60-ft (average) |+5 |26 (+1 size, +5 Dex, +10 natural) |19 |Transport Bush, Hide in Plain Sight |5th |1d6 |1d4 |30-ft[/table]

Special Abilities

Keen Senses (Ex): As the true dragon ability of the same name.

Bush Symbiosis (Su): Each blackberry dragon is mystically bound to a single blackberry bush and must never stray more than 100 yards per age category from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 minutes. A blackberry dragon’s blackberry does not radiate magic. A blackberry dragon may move into its own bush existing in a sort of pocket dimension while within it. While within the bush the blackberry dragon does not have line of effect to any creature, nor does any creature have line of effect to the blackberry dragon. The blackberry dragon may still see and hear normally as if it was in the space occupied by its arboreal home. A blackberry dragon may also store objects (but not creatures) in its bush as if the bush were a type IV bag of holding. A blackberry dragon may cause its bush to move slightly, but the speed of this movement is too slow for any in combat effect. Due to this symbiosis a blackberry dragon's bush does not normally die of old age until the dragon itself succumbs to the twilight. Multiple dragons may be bound to the same bush.

Only one wyrm or great wyrm is ever bound to a bush at a time, all other wyrm or great wyrms are released from this bond seeking their own bush and creating a colony there. These unbound wyrms suffer no penalties for being so, but they do have a psychological urge to find a new bush.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mothers bush. When the egg is ready to hatch the bush releases the egg with a tiny sapling (like 9 cm tall) growing from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost its bush it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the bush a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing bush. During this year the bush is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the bush.

Bite Reach: A tiny blackberry dragon has a 5-ft reach with its bite attack.

Breath Weapon (Su): A young or older blackberry dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of poisonous gas. All creatures within the cone must make a Fortitude save or take the listed amount of Strength damage; as a poison effect they must also save 1 minute later or take the damage again.

Woodland Stride (Ex): As the druid ability of the same name.

Camouflage (Ex): As the ranger ability of the same name.

Transport Bush (Su): A great wyrm blackberry dragon may teleport itself, its bush, and all other dragons bonded to that bush up to 3000 feet as a standard action 1/day as if using the Greater Teleport spell; the bush roots immediately following the teleportation.

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): As the ranger ability of the same name.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Invisibility (young or older); 1/day Persistent Image (wyrm or older).

Skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Hide, Knowledge (all skills selected seperately), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival are all class skills for blackberry dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-21 at 06:04 PM.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

@Necrotic Punch: Haven't forgotten your request just haven't been motivated today and I have started on the necromantic dragon but keep coming to dead ends with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I recently got Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I've been thinking how much Bowser is like a rather small flightless dragon. He's got fire breath, hoards coins and princesses, has got a clutch of young, ect. The only problem is that he'd be Medium size, with powerfull build. MAYBE large.
    ...Maybe he's only Young Adult age? Or younger, dragons learn to speak and plot evil schemes at a young age.
    His kids are almost just like him, only smaller, and some with spell casting (dragon+sorcerer levels!).

Want to stat him up? And maybe a winged version, his title is the "Koopa king", and there are winged koopas.
    I'll think about making Bowser; I might do him like the above Blackberry Dragon as a step between lesser dragons and True Dragons.

Zaydos can you make a fey dragon based off of the picture at this link?
    Finished the blackberry dragon; didn't quite make it a true dragon but it is probably the only deadly creature I know of the size of a blackberry (it eventually becomes the size of your average dog).

About the class I can't say much but I was a little surprised that they got Charisma instead of Wisdom since they have Druid casting instead of Sorcerer casting.

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    and can i request a multi arm dragon?
    Well luster dragons have 6 arms (2 are smaller and used primarily for digging but can be used in combat) and chitin-skin have 6 legs but only uses 2 as claws, but I know neither is really what you mean.

I'm currently getting the image of a six or maybe eight limbed dragon, no wings, powerful claws on its front four legs and maybe a connection with basilisks (have to check if they have 6 or 8 limbs now). Probably a low amount of magical talent for a dragon, possibly even none giving it a martial progression instead.

Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-10 at 12:10 AM.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #360
    Banned

Hmmm. Could you possibly create some sort of dragon that combines divine and arcane magic as their primary "thing"?