New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

I'm not sure whether you'd prefer it requested here or in the Dragonblood thread, but now that you've got me salivating over the above, maybe a Half-Prana?

And yes, the last two abilities are nuts, but not overly so. Though, if you went by HD, they should have an Essentia Capacity of 8, so the 13 is a wee bit high. Incarnates at level 20 with an item get a capacity of 7, 8 for specifics with a feat. Then again, Dragon, so... Well, the Incarnum Dragon is CR 4-24 and has a capacity of 0-6, and I suppose roughly double the CR should get roughly double the capacity, so that might not be so terrible.

Without delving into homebrew, I'm not entirely sure how many soulmelds the Incarnate and Soulborn have that can be bound to multiple locations, so that function isn't quite as strong as you might figure. Totemist? Yeah. The other two? Not so much. Most are 1 or 2 locations, with the exception of the Soulspark Familiar.

Do the Prana Dragons have to obey the alignment restrictions on the melds? As True Neutral they wouldn't be able to shape any soulmelds with the alignment descriptor unless you intend otherwise.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double post because the forum apparently hates updating when a post would create a new page]

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

I'll post it on the Dragonblood but either works for requesting it.

And I've only played/built Totemists so I didn't really think about how most Incarnate soulmelds can only be put on one chakra; though I'm guessing they'd be using a fair number of totemist ones anyway (and only need ones that can be placed on two since they can't bind anything to three different ones at once regardless). That said it does nerf their final ability a bit.

Only the wyrmlings are True Neutral, once they pass that stage they are any other alignment.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, even just glancing at it again, I feel like I missed so much reading it the first time. X.x My eyes must have jumped past much of it in my haste to take it all in. XD

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

well theres the dragon of soul now its time for dragons of mind and body

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Sublime Dragon
    Dragon
    Environment: Any land, underground, Ysgard, Acheron, or the Blood War.
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or familiy (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 11, Very Young 16, Young 20, Juvenile 24, Young Adult 27, Adult 30, Mature Adult 33, Old 37, Very Old 39, Ancient 42, Wyrm 49, Great Wyrm 57. These are copy-pasta from the Umbra Dragon giving a +1 often since it seems more dangerous in a fight.
    Treasure: Triple Standard.
    Alignment: Often chaotic neutral (more likely chaotic than lawful, and evil than good).

As I traveled the Lower Planes, seeking lost dragons who had once served a fallen Lord of the Nine, I encountered a sublime dragon for the second time in my journeys. As I have recently told you about other dragons of similar strength, I thought you might be interested in these powerful dragons.

Massively powerful, sublime dragons have red scales with yellow markings around their claws and eyes. The fleshy flaps that connect their wing bones are a deep blue, and their eyes are the same blue. Their fangs are larger proportionately than most dragons, but only begin truly terrifying when they charge them with destructive energy.

Sublime dragons live for the fight, the joy and thrill of battle. In fact one of the mighty dragons attempted to attack me but due to their lack of magic it was easily circumvented by simply stepping to the next plane over. When I first saw them, though, they were locked into deadly battle not because of any differences in beliefs like the tanar’ri and baatezu, but due solely to the desire for a powerful fight.

I am uncertain as of yet of their exact connection to the Sublime Way, though I have heard that Reshar was a sublime dragon, others simply that he was taught by one in secret. Whether these rumors are true I have failed to successfully confirm or disprove, but I can say that they do show a mastery of all nine swords and more.

As a side note, I got captured by Mephistopheles so could you please send a small group of heroes.

-Zasper, trapped in Baator

Now excuse me for a bit while I get my source out of a Baatorian prison.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Rend Flesh Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling H 15d12+90 (187 hp) 31 12 23 16 17 16 15/33 23 15 10 12 5d12 20
    Very Young H 20d12+160 (290 hp) 35 14 27 20 21 20 20/40 30 20 14 17 10d12 25
    Young H 25d12+250 (412 hp) 39 16 31 24 25 24 25/47 37 24 17 21 15d12 29
    Juvenile G 30d12+360 (555 hp) 43 18 35 28 29 28 30/58 42 29 21 26 20d12 34
    Young Adult G 35d12+490 (717 hp) 47 20 39 32 33 32 35/65 49 33 24 30 25d12 38
    Adult G 40d12+640 (900 hp) 51 22 43 36 37 36 40/72 56 38 28 35 30d12 43
    Mature Adult G 45d12+810 (1102 hp) 55 24 47 40 41 40 45/79 63 42 31 39 35d12 47
    Old C 50d12+1000 (1325 hp) 59 26 51 44 45 44 50/90 66 47 35 44 40d12 52
    Very Old C 55d12+1210 (1567 hp) 63 28 55 48 49 48 55/97 73 51 38 48 45d12 56
    Ancient C 60d12+1440 (1830 hp) 67 30 59 52 53 52 60/104 80 56 42 53 50d12 61
    Wyrm C 65d12+1690 (2112 hp) 71 32 63 56 57 56 65/111 87 60 45 57 55d12 65
    Great Wyrm C+ 70d12+1960 (2315 hp) 75 34 67 60 61 60 70/118 94 65 49 62 60d12 70

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Unhealing Wounds DC Maneuvers Known Maneuvers Readied Stances Known Highest Level Maneuver Known
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +1 26 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +4 deflection, +13 natural) 19 Immune to Transmutation, Immune to Spell Damage, Armor of Fate - 8 5 2 2nd
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +2 33 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +6 Deflection, +17 natural) 22 Change Shape, Fear Immunity - 11 6 3 3rd
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +3 40 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +8 deflection, +21 natural) 25 DR 15/magic and steel or magic and adamantine - 14 7 4 5th
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +4 45 (-4 size, +4 Dex, +10 deflection, +25 natural) 28 Rhythmic Strike - 17 8 4 6th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +5 52 (-4 size, +5 Dex, +12 deflection, +29 natural) 31 DR 15/epic and steel or epic and adamantine - 20 10 5 8th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +6 59 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +14 deflection, +33 natural) 34 Dual Stance - 23 11 5 9th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +7 66 (-4 size, +7 Dex, +16 deflection, +37 natural) 37 DR 20/epic and steel or epic and adamantine - 26 12 6 9th
    Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +8 69 (-8 size, +8 Dex, +18 deflection, +41 natural) 40 Unhealing Wounds 55 29 13 7 9th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +9 76 (-8 size, +9 Dex, +20 deflection, +45 natural) 43 DR 25/epic and steel or epic and adamantine 59 32 14 7 9th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +10 83 (-8 size, +10 Dex, +22 deflection, +49 natural) 46 Instant Recovery 64 35 16 8 9th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +11 90 (-8 size, +11 Dex, +24 deflection, +53 natural) 49 Triple Stance 68 38 17 8 9th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 350-ft (clumsy) +12 97 (-8 size, +12 Dex, +26 deflection, +57 natural) 52 Sublime Mastery, DR 25/epic and steel 73 41 18/All 9 9th

Special Abilities:

Rend Flesh (Su): Once every other round, a sublime dragon may, as part of a bite attack or a martial strike delivered by a bite, apply the listed damage as bonus damage. In addition DR and hardness do not apply to an attack augmented by this ability, and it is considered to be ghost touch.

Immune to Transmutation (Ex): A sublime dragon automatically makes all saves versus transmutation spells or effects (including Su or Ex effects that duplicate Transmutation spells) and has infinite SR against such effects (although it may lower this SR as a standard action).

Immune to Spell Damage (Ex): A sublime dragon takes no damage or ability damage (though ability penalties and ability drain still apply) from spells or spell-like abilities (this does not extend to Su abilities).

Armor of Fate (Su): A sublime dragon gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to its Charisma modifier. In addition 1/encounter they may treat a natural 1 on a saving throw as a natural 20. This ability also has a 10% chance per age category of turning a critical hit into a normal hit and negating damage from sneak attacks.

Martial Initiator: A sublime dragon can naturally initiate maneuvers. Their Initiator Level equals their Hit Dice but their highest level maneuver known is indicated by the table as opposed to normal mechanics (for the purposes of multiclassing their initiator level for determining maneuvers they can learn is equal to 3 per age category). They have access to any 9 disciplines (all official disciplines if you aren’t using homebrew). A sublime dragon’s natural weapons are considered associated weapons for every discipline. A sublime dragon may recover maneuvers using the warblade’s recovery method.

Damage Reduction (Su/Ex): A sublime dragon takes normal damage from magical steel and adamantine weapons. Alchemical silver, and even cold iron, weapons do reduced damage even if they are magical. Only the /magic portion of the DR is Su. At Young this ability becomes /Epic and Steel or Epic and Adamantine, and the Epic portion is Su. A great wyrm is no longer affected by adamantine weapons only those metal weapons that do not do damage as a special weapon type and are epic in power fully harms it.

Change Shape (Su): A very young or older sublime dragon gains the change shape ability and is able to assume the shape of any large or smaller humanoid, giant, or animal 3 times per day for as long as desired.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using change shape reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use change shape to take the form of a creature with a template. Changing shape results in the following changes to the creature:
    • The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form.
    • The creature loses the natural weapons and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The creature gains the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    • The creature retains all other special attacks and qualities of its original form, except for breath weapons and gaze attacks.
    • The creature retains the ability scores of its original form.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    • The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and viceversa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

Rhythmic Strike (Ex): A juvenile or older sublime dragon can when taking a full-attack option deliver a standard action strike with its bite attack.

Dual Stance (Su): An adult or older sublime dragon may use two stances at once, and when they initiate a stance they may initiate or change up to two stances at the same time.

Unhealing Wounds (Su): An old or older sublime dragon inflicts wounds that do not heal easily. Their natural weapons ignore Regeneration, and any creature struck by a sublime dragon’s natural weapon has any Fast Healing and Regeneration abilities suppressed for 1 round per age category of the sublime dragon; in addition during this time they receive only 1/4th the normal amount of healing from other spells or effects that restore hp. A successful Fortitude save (DC listed in table; Con based) allows any extraordinary Fast Healing and Regeneration of the target to continue to function but that granted by spells or Supernatural effects does not, and the reduction to healing from other spells and effects is also not negated or reduced.

Instant Recovery (Ex): An ancient or older sublime dragon automatically recovers all expended maneuvers as a free action at the start of each turn.

Triple Stance (Ex): A wyrm or older sublime dragon can perform three stances at the same time, and may change or initiate as many stances as it can perform as a single free action usable once per round.

Sublime Mastery (Su): A great wyrm or older sublime dragon is considered to have all maneuvers it knows readied and when it uses a maneuver it is not expended. They may also change any and all stances they are in as an immediate action 1/encounter.

Skills: Martial Lore and the associated skills for all disciplines available to a sublime dragon (normally Tumble, Balance, Jump, Concentration, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Hide, and Intimidate) are considered class skills in addition to those skills considered class skills for all true dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-28 at 11:42 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

now we have both dragons of body and soul now all thats left is the dragon of mind. good work on them by the way.
    Edit: just noticed that you forgot to change references of the prana dragon in several abilities of the sublime dragon
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-04-07 at 12:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Diamond Dragon
    Dragon (Psionic)
    Environment: Any mountain, underground, or Inner Plane.
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or familiy (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 11, Very Young 16, Young 20, Juvenile 24, Young Adult 27, Adult 30, Mature Adult 33, Old 37, Very Old 39, Ancient 42, Wyrm 49, Great Wyrm 57. These are copy-pasta from the Umbra Dragon giving a +1 often since it seems more dangerous in a fight.
    Alignment: Always True Neutral

While I wait to be released, executed, or thrown into a pit of hellfire to fight gelugons that are on their way to becoming a pit fiend and pit fiends that have only recently been promoted, I figured I might as well talk about another type of dragon.

Since I have been detailing the fabulously powerful species recently, I decided I might as well take this opportunity to describe one of my patrons. The diamond dragon Asophelos provides funding for my expeditions and explorations into the nature and abilities of dragon-kind across the myriad worlds of existence. Known for being the greatest of sages even within the world of dragons, and heralded as a myth, diamond dragons are extremely reclusive and rare. They dislike intrusions into their meditations and will often grow violent towards the invasive nuisances, just like we would grow annoyed by ants which invade our homes. As such should you attempt to gain wisdom or audience with a diamond dragon always remember to bring a suitable offering or tribute for approaching one of the truly great sages of the multiverse.

For those that are curious diamond dragons begin life dull and lusterless; an ugly grey save for their dull blue eyes. As they age their body grows lustrous like a fine diamond, and their eyes begin to look more and more like a blue diamond. They have a pair of double wings and their tails are long and lithe. They are relatively lightly built with proportionately large limbs.

Diamond dragons are usually found on the Inner Planes, although they are not native to these planes returning to the Prime to lay eggs and tend them like a sea turtle returning to its birth place. On the Prime they prefer isolated mountains or deep underground, places of solitude where they are unlikely to be disturbed. On the Inner Planes they also search out places unlikely to contain others in which to sequester themselves.

Now hurry up and get me out of here.

-Zasper, still trapped in Baator and getting annoyed

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling H 15d12+60 (157 hp) 27 10 19 18 19 18 15/31 21 13 9 13 3d12 21 21
    Very Young H 20d12+100 (230 hp) 31 10 21 22 23 22 20/38 28 17 12 18 6d12 25 26
    Young H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 35 10 23 26 27 26 25/45 35 20 14 22 9d12 28 30
    Juvenile G 30d12+240 (435 hp) 39 10 27 30 31 30 30/56 40 25 17 27 12d12 33 35
    Young Adult G 35d12+350 (577 hp) 43 10 31 34 35 34 35/63 47 29 19 31 15d12 37 39
    Adult G 40d12+480 (740 hp) 47 10 35 38 39 38 40/70 54 34 22 36 18d12 42 44
    Mature Adult G 45d12+630 (922 hp) 51 10 39 42 43 42 45/77 61 38 24 40 21d12 46 48
    Old C 50d12+800 (1125 hp) 55 10 43 46 47 46 50/88 64 43 27 45 24d12 51 53
    Very Old C 55d12+990 (1347 hp) 59 10 47 50 51 50 55/95 71 47 29 49 27d12 55 57
    Ancient C 60d12+1200 (1590 hp) 63 10 51 54 55 54 60/102 78 52 32 54 30d12 60 62
    Wyrm C 65d12+1430 (1852 hp) 67 10 55 58 59 58 65/109 85 56 34 58 33d12 64 66
    Great Wyrm C+ 70d12+1680 (2135 hp) 71 10 59 62 63 62 70/116 92 61 37 63 36d12 69 71

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Manifester Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 26 (-2 size, +4 deflection, +14 natural) 19 Immune to mind-affecting effects DR 10/magic, Deflecting Force, Mind-Armor 3rd
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 33 (-2 size, +6 Deflection, +19 natural) 22 Change Shape, Telepathy, Improved Mindsight 6th
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 40 (-2 size, +8 deflection, +24 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 9th
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 45 (-4 size, +10 deflection, +29 natural) 28 Mindhop, Tongues 12th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 52 (-4 size, +12 deflection, +34 natural) 31 DR 15/epic 15th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 59 (-4 size, +14 deflection, +39 natural) 34 Fortress of the Awakened Mind 18th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 66 (-4 size, +16 deflection, +44 natural) 37 DR 20/epic 21st
    Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 69 (-8 size, +18 deflection, +49 natural) 40 Draconic Sage 24th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 76 (-8 size, +20 deflection, +54 natural) 43 DR 25/epic 27th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 83 (-8 size, +22 deflection, +59 natural) 46 Control the Mindless 30th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 90 (-8 size, +24 deflection, +64 natural) 49 Programmed Amnesia 33rd
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 350-ft (clumsy), burrow 30-ft, swim 40-ft +0 97 (-8 size, +26 deflection, +69 natural) 52 Flow of Power 36th

Special Abilities:

Gem Dragon Traits: A diamond dragon is considered a gem dragon and has all the normal traits of gem dragons (a sub-grouping of true dragons).
    Breath Weapon (Su): A diamond dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of psychic pressure. It deals the listed damage and stuns creatures within for 1d6 + 1 round per age category. A successful Will save halves the damage and negates the stun. This is a mind-affecting effect. Creatures with psionic power points instead lose a number of power points equal to the damage that would have been dealt (and any excess are lost as hit points), but are still stunned on a failed save.

Deflecting Force (Su): A diamond dragon gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to its Charisma modifier.

Armor of the Mind (Su): A diamond dragon gains double the normal (augmented if appropriate) armor and shield bonus from psionic powers that grant an armor or shield bonus to AC.

Psionics: A diamond dragon has the psionic powers of a psion of the listed level with access to all discipline lists.

Change Shape (Su): A very young or older diamond dragon gains the change shape ability and is able to assume the shape of any large or smaller humanoid, giant, or animal 3 times per day for as long as desired.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using change shape reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use change shape to take the form of a creature with a template. Changing shape results in the following changes to the creature:
    • The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form.
    • The creature loses the natural weapons and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The creature gains the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    • The creature retains all other special attacks and qualities of its original form, except for breath weapons and gaze attacks.
    • The creature retains the ability scores of its original form.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    • The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and viceversa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

Improved Mindsight (Ex/Su): A very young or older diamond dragon gains Mindsight as a bonus feat (this is Ex) and improves upon it. Their mindsight allows them to sense the exact location of intelligent creatures within the area negating invisibility and miss chances due to concealment. Creatures that are immune to mind-affecting effects appear as gaps which reduces this to a blindsense equivalent; mindless creatures are still completely unseen by improved mindsight.

Telepathy (Su): A very young or older diamond dragon has telepathy out to 100-ft per age category. This increases to 1000-ft per age category at Old, and 1 mile per age category at Great Wyrm.

Mindhop (Su): A juvenile or older diamond dragon may teleport as the spell Greater Teleport to any sentient (Int 3+) creature that it knows personally (it must have met and interacted with the target) 3 times per day. It appears adjacent to the creature, and unlike with the Greater Teleport spell does not need to know the location of the target. If the creature is on another plane this ability fails. Upon reaching the Old age category this now can function as Greater Teleport or Greater Planeshift and can be used Intelligence modifier times per day.

Tongues (Psi): A juvenile or older diamond dragon is under the effects of a continuous Psionic Tongues ability. If this ability is dispelled the diamond dragon may resume it with a standard action.

Fortress of the Awakened Mind (Su): An adult or older diamond dragon produces an aura that functions as the spell Antilife Shell except only towards mindless creatures (regardless of whether they are alive or not) and those that are immune to mind-affecting effects. The radius of the auar is 30-ft per age category of the dragon although it may increase or decrease the size of this aura as a free action during its turn. As a Su ability SR does not apply, but creatures immune to mind-affecting effects (but not mindless creatures) are allowed a Will save (DC is Charisma based so the same as it’s frightful presence) to enter the barrier. If they fail the save they cannot try again for 24 hours, although if they succeed and then leave the area of the aura they must make the save once more.

Draconic Sage (Ex): An old or older diamond dragon knows many things. It has Lore as a Loremaster with a level equal to its Hit Dice and is considered to have max ranks in all Knowledge skills.

Control the Mindless (Su): An ancient or older diamond dragon can as a standard action attempt to control any mindless creature within 60-ft. The creature is allowed a Will save to resist this effect. This is not a mind-affecting effect and actually represents the diamond dragon taking control of the very essence of the being; should it already by under control of another creature the Diamond Dragon and the other creature must make opposed Charisma checks for control. A diamond dragon can only control a number of creatures equal to its charisma modifier and cannot control any creature with as many or more hit dice than it has.

Programmed Amnesia (Psi): A wyrm or older diamond dragon may use the Programmed Amnesia spell 3/day as a Psi-like Ability.

Flow of Power (Su): A great wyrm diamond dragon may, 1/day as a free action, enter a state where they can fully tap into their psionic potential. In this state the great wyrm diamond dragon may 1/round as a free action regain its psionic focus, and any power points spent during this period are not subtracted from their total. They may maintain this state for 1 round per point of Constitution bonus at the point they entered this state, although every 3rd round causes 1 point of Constitution burn.

Skills: Autohypnosis, Psicraft, and Use Psionic Device are class skills for diamond dragons in addition to those available to all true dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-25 at 03:43 PM.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noxsis View Post
    now we have both dragons of body and soul now all thats left is the dragon of mind. good work on them by the way.
    Edit: just noticed that you forgot to change references of the prana dragon in several abilities of the sublime dragon
    And diamond dragon is done.

Also forgot skills (which isn't that uncommon even for official dragons) both should be fixed.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

good work but you forgot to list the manifester level
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

all gem dragon apperently have a swim and burrow speed.
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-04-07 at 05:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

sorry about the double post but where is the mindsight feat located
    Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

thanks for the info

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

all gem dragon apperently have a swim and burrow speed.
    Thanks, good catch. Added a burrow and swim speed to Diamond Dragon.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

I figured out what kind of dragon I can add to this project now. Inspiration struck a day or two ago at one of my dad's concerts (He plays trumpet, in that band/orchestra/whatever). It's not finished yet, but here's what I've got so far.

Orchestral Dragon
    Dragon (Air)
    Environment: temperate plains or mountains
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge ratings: Wyrmling <x>, very young <x>, young <X>, juvenile <x>, Young adult <x>, adult <x>, mature adult <x>, old <x>, very old <x>, ancient <x>, wyrm <x>, great wyrm <x>
    Treasure: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: Standard; adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Any non-lawful, usually good

I saw once a dragon fiddle,
    Rubbing it's wings with glee.
    I once saw a dragon raise it's great horns,
    A sound of trumpets broke free.
    I saw once a dragon whistle,
    Wind through it's claws, numbered three.

I once heard a dragon roar,
    a choir of voices sang bright.
    I once heard a dragon's deep cello,
    stretched down it's back just right.
    I once heard a dragon's round tuba,
    the sounds from his ears gave me fright.

I once felt a dragon's trombone,
    The sound piercing past all.
    I once felt a dragon's dull bass,
    I climbed up, found it so tall!
    I once felt it's drum set so broad,
    A saddle to protect me from fall.
    --Bardic song about orchestral dragons

Orchestral dragons are usually a bright yellow color. Their bodies have quite a few organs resembling stringed and wind instruments, and often the blowing winds will cause them to produce quite melodies. An orchestral dragon can cause mild winds to blow, although a young dragon has little practice controlling the notes it plays, and so is often in discord. Older dragons can produce songs much like the orchestras that they get their names from.
    Small bone ridges down their backs, legs, and wings support taught sinuous strings, which vibrate at mild touch, and it has several hollow bone structures, through which the wind runs to produce sounds liken to several various wind instruments.
    It has three claws each on it's forelimbs, four large horns on it's head tilted back, and bone protrusions down the sides of it's neck. Orchestral dragons are born about the same size as most dragons, but grow at a slower pace.

Orchestral Dragons by Age
    {table]Age|Size|Hit Dice (h0)|Str|Dex|Con|Int|wis|cha|Bab/Grp|Atk|Fort|Ref|Will|Breath Weapon (DC)|Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling|S|3d12+3 (23)|9|10|13|12|12|14|+3/-6|+3|+1|+3|+3|1d4 (12)|13
    Very young|S|6d12+6 (45)|11|10|13|12|12|14|+6/-2|+7|+2|+5|+5|2d4 (14)|15
    Young|M|9d12+18 (77)|13|10|15|14|14|16|+9/+6|+10|+3|+6|+6|3d6 (16)|17
    Juvenile|M|12d12+24 (102)|15|10|15|14|14|18|+12/+10|+14|+4|+8|+8|4d6 (18)|20
    Young adult|M|15d12+45 (143)|18|10|17|16|16|20|+15/+15|+19|+5|+9|+9|5d6 (20)|22
    Adult|L|18d12+72 (189)|21|10|19|16|16|22|+18/+23|+22|+6|+11|+11|6d6 (23)|25
    Mature adult|L|21d12+105 (242)|24|10|21|18|18|22|+21/+28|+27|+7|+12|+12|7d6 (25)|26
    Old|L|24d12+120 (276)|26|10|21|18|18|24|+24/+32|+31|+8|+14|+14|8d6 (27)|29
    Very Old|L|27d12+162 (338)|28|10|23|20|20|24|+27/+36|+36|+9|+15|+15|9d6 (29)|30
    Ancient|H|30d12+180 (375)|30|10|23|20|20|26|+30/+44|+38|+10|+17|+17|10d6 (31)|33
    Wyrm|H|33d12+231 (446)|32|10|25|22|22|26|+33/+48|+42|+11|+18|+18|11d6 (33)|34
    Great Wrym|H|36d12+288 (522)|34|10|27|22|22|28|+36/+52|+46|+12|+20|+20|12d6 (36)|37[/table]

{table]Age|Speed|Init|AC|Special Abilities|Caster level|SR
    Wyrmling|60 ft., fly 100 ft (Average)|+0|13 (+1 size, +2 natural), Touch 11, flatfooted 13|Cacophony, Instrumental body|-|-
    Very Young|60 ft., fly 100 ft (Average)|+0|16 (+1 size, +5 natural), touch 11, flatfooted 16|Bardic Progression, Inspire Alertness|1st|-
    Young|60 ft., fly 150 ft (poor)|+0|18 (+8 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 18||3rd|-
    Juvenile|60 ft., fly 150 ft (poor)|+0|21 (+11 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 21||5th|-
    young adult|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|24 (+14 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 24|Up Tempo, DR 5/magic|7th|
    adult|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|26 (-1 size, +17 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 26||9th|
    mature adult|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|29 (-1 size, +20 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 29|DR 10/magic|11th|
    old|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|32 (-1 size, +23 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 32||13th|
    very old|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|35 (-1 size, +26 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 35|DR 15/magic|15th|
    ancient|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|37 (-2 size, +29 natural), touch 8, flatfooted 37||17th|
    wyrm|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|40 (-2 size, +32 natural), touch 8, flatfooted 40|DR 20/magic|19th|
    great wyrm|60 ft., fly 150 (poor)|+0|43 (-2 size, +35 natural), touch 8, flatfooted 43||21st|[/table]

Breath weapon
    Orchestral dragons have a cone of sonic.

Cacophony
    Up to and including juvenile age, an orchestral dragon takes a -4 penalty to perform checks, because whenever it tries to use one or more instruments, others also play. Young adult and older no longer have this penalty (see Up Tempo).

Instrumental body
    Doesn't require instruments for perform (string instruments) and perform (wind instruments). Imposes -4 penalty to grapple checks.

Bardic progression
    The Orchestral Dragon progresses as a Bard of it's caster level, instead of a Sorcerer.

Inspire Alertness
    An Orchestral dragon of Very Young age or older with at least 3 ranks in perform is capable of driving away fatigue. By making a perform check....something something... Each round the orchestral dragon makes a perform check... No longer Fatigued, or if exhausted, becomes fatigued.... something higher check.... no longer exhausted or fatigued....

Up Tempo
    A young adult and older Orchestral Dragon is no longer affected by Cacophony, and is capable of making a single perform check each round as a free action during another standard action, for purposes of Bardic Music and other abilities. However, if it makes it's perform check during another ability, it takes a -2 to any other checks it makes during it's standard action that round, such as attack rolls, or any other abilities that require a skill or ability check, or save.

Work in progress.
    Still needs: finish abilities by age table, add more abilities, finish current abilities, spellcheck
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-04-21 at 12:10 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you've ever seen the movie Mary Poppins, then you know the image I have in my head right now, of a One-man-band.

So far, I think it's a cool idea. The poem mentions drumming....are you going to include that as some part of the dragon or are they just fond of using drums to accompany their performances?
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

We need one more music based dragon.

There's the official Song Dragon

There's the Victory and Dance dragons.

And now this.

One more and we have a full set of 5 Bardic Dragons

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

The Rap dragon?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Silverscale, they are just fond of drums.

Zaydos, I have a tiny problem. I forget how I'm supposed to determine the Atk column, what goes in it. Is it based on BaB?
    Frightful pressence and breath weapon columns only not filled because I'm tired, and am going to bed.

I like the idea of a rap dragon, but I like the idea of a blues/jazz dragon more, to contrast with the classical music that an orchestra plays. Maybe both.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Zaydos, I have a tiny problem. I forget how I'm supposed to determine the Atk column, what goes in it. Is it based on BaB?
    Frightful pressence and breath weapon columns only not filled because I'm tired, and am going to bed.
    BAB + Size modifier + Strength modifier. It's their melee attack bonus sans feats and spells, because WotC didn't expect dragons to make many ranged attacks (which would just be HD + Size Modifier for most dragons).

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, and good night!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772

Silverscale, they are just fond of drums.
    Oh, ok, cool. That just reenforces my image of the one-man-band.
    I like the idea of a rap dragon, but I like the idea of a blues/jazz dragon more, to contrast with the classical music that an orchestra plays. Maybe both.]
    My vote is for a blues/jazz dragon.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Because I don't have a thread for this yet, and there's not enough for me to make one for them yet...

2 new vestiges themed after draconic gods I made:

Nykthog the Shadow that Lives
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 6th
    Binding DC: 30 (26 for dragons and dragonblood creatures)
    Legend: Some claim Nykthog as a god, worshipped by shadow worshipers and dragon cultists. Others claim he is merely a vestige and those who worship him as a god have become mistaken through some plot of the dark vestige. Neither are quite right. When the spiritual mass that became Nykthog ascended to godhood from the Astral Plane, a portion was left behind; his mortality shed. Even so it had touched godhood and could not simply die after its long stay as an astral spirit, but instead was pulled into the Void. Now it lurks seeking not to escape the Void but to spread it till it consumes all reality.
    Special requirement: Nykthog can only be bound in shadowy or no illumination. In addition some object designed to create light (torch, tindertwig, sunrod) must be broken or destroyed in the presence of his seal before he will appear to make a pact.
    Manifestation: Nykthog manifests as a 13 headed dragon made of inky darkness, so dark that it is darker than mere darkness, and almost an anti-light visible from close (10-ft) range even in absolute darkness. Each head is rotting and marred by great wounds, and as he speaks the flesh falls from each head in turn, eyes hanging loose and dropping out, before the bones tremble and fall, until only one head remains.
    Sign: Your eyes become pure black, and a lattice of black lines runs across your entire body.
    Influence: Nykthog’s influence manifests as a hatred of light and urge to extinguish sources of light.

Granted ability:
    See in Darkness: You can see in darkness, even magical darkness, as easily as broad daylight.

Quench Light: As a standard action you may extinguish one light source within 120-ft. If it is a mundane light source the light flickers out and dies, although any flame remains burning. If it is a magical light source it is dispelled, and suppressed for 1 hour (in the case of magic items and other sources which reactivate on their own) as long as its CL is equal to or less than your EBL. Once you use this ability you cannot use it for another 5 rounds.

Shadow Evocation: You may imitate any damage dealing evocation with an instantaneous duration of 6th level or lower as a standard action. This remains a supernatural ability (and thus ignores SR), but is only 70% real allowing a Will save to reduce the effect as per the spell Shadow Evocation. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again for another 5 rounds.

Shadow Armor: You gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier. You lose this bonus if you wear heavy armor.

Jormund the Comatose God
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level: 5th
    Binding DC: 24 (20 for dragons and dragonblood creatures)
    Legend: Binders argue whether Jormund should even be classified as a vestige. He was first bound by mistake, intercepting the call for another vestige. Unlike most vestiges Jormund is not dead, merely trapped in a state between life and death, and he does not inhabit the Void but some realm between it and reality waiting till his deific form can be fully revived. Once he was a great draconic spirit who was slain in battle against champions of Tiamat, but Bahamut granted a portion of his own divine essence to his loyal servant preserving his life. Even so it was not enough to restore life to the dragon fully and now he sleeps a dreaming god.
    Special requirement: Jormund will not make pacts with binders of a non-good alignment, and he will allow himself to be bound alongside Nykthog or Ashardalon immediately ending the bind if either of them are bound as well (unless the binder has the Ignore Special Requirements feat).
    Manifestation: Jormund manifests as a hollow draconic skull made entirely out of steel. Blue smoke begins to billow out of the skull and makes a series of letters and pictographs to communicate the pact making process.
    Sign: The binder’s skin takes on a metallic texture like that of polished steel. Their voice also changes having a bell-like ring to it.
    Influence: Jormund’s influence incites rage against the spawn of Tiamat and requires you to attempt to slay any chromatic dragons or dragonblooded creatures you encounter.

Granted ability:
    Cold and Force Resistance: While you have Jormund bound you gain Cold and Force resistance equal to your EBL.

Force Missile: As a standard action you may fire a missile of force that deals 1d8+1 damage per three binder levels. This missile has a range of 200-ft and strikes its target unerringly as long as you have Line of Sight and Line of Effect to the target.

Immunity to Fear: While Jormund is bound the binder gains immunity to fear, and whenever they would normally have to make a Will save against Fear they instead gain a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws for 5 rounds.

Relentless Will: When an attack would reduce you to 0 or lower hit points you may heal 2d4+1/2 binder level hp as an immediate action. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before you use it again.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Hymn Dragon
    Dragon (Air)
    Environment: Temperate and cold hills and mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or choir (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22
    Treasure: Double standard
    Alignment: Always neutral good

Finally having escaped that Baatorian prison, I have been able to return to my studies of draconic species. On my return I visited the world of Shangr and found a species of dragons made by Tamara, the draconic goddess of life, instead of Bahamut or Tiamat as is the norm for draconic races.

Tamara's dragons, or hymn dragons as the natives of Shangr call them, were in ways reminescent of victory dragons. Like these other dragons they use songs to inspire power in their allies, and grant them increased power, but unlikes victory dragons these hymn dragons focus upon healing and protection instead of urging allies towards battle. To help them in these efforts they have access to limited magical arts, reminiscent of those of bards in many ways.

A hymn dragon is limited in the number of hymns of power it can sing each day, with the older and more powerful dragons able to perform many more each day. They also gain an increase in variety with age, wyrmlings unable to perform any songs of power, and only ancient dragons get ones that directly add to the offensive power of themselves and their allies.

Hymn dragons have pearly white scales, with patches of blue which begin as sky blue over a large portion of their body but slowly fade till by wyrmdom it is the merest of blue highlights on their flawless scales. They are not particularly lithe for dragons, but not particularly stout, with sturdy head frills composed of a ridge of bone that circle their head from jar to jar.

--Zasper, perplexed at why you went to get Victory Dragons to help me instead of just hiring some adventurers quickly.

Hymn Dragon
    Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30 hp) 11 10 13 10 15 14 4/-4 6 5 4 6 1d10 13 -
    Very Young S 7d12+7 (52 hp) 13 10 13 10 17 16 7/4 9 6 5 8 2d10 14 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 15 10 15 12 17 16 10/12 12 9 7 10 3d10 17 -
    Juvenile M 13d12+26 (110 hp) 17 10 15 12 19 18 13/16 16 10 8 12 4d10 18 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (152 hp) 19 10 17 14 19 18 16/24 19 13 10 14 5d10 21 22
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 23 10 19 14 21 20 19/29 24 15 11 16 6d10 23 24
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 27 10 21 16 23 22 22/38 28 18 13 19 7d10 26 27
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 29 10 21 16 25 24 25/42 32 19 14 21 8d10 27 29
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 31 10 23 18 27 26 28/46 36 22 16 24 9d10 30 32
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387 hp) 33 10 23 18 29 28 31/50 40 23 17 26 10d10 31 34
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459 hp) 35 10 25 20 31 30 34/58 42 26 19 29 11d10 34 37
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536 hp) 37 10 27 20 33 32 37/62 46 28 20 31 12d10 36 39

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good), swim 60-ft +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Sonic Healing, Change Shape -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Lesser Hymn of Healing 1st
    Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 19 (+9 natural) - Lesser Hymn of Fortification 3rd
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 22 (+12 natural) - Blessed Sound 5th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 16 DR 5/magic 7th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 18 Greater Hymn of Healing 9th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 20 DR 10/magic 11th
    Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 22 Greater Hymn of Fortification 13th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 24 DR 15/magic 15th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 25 Hymn of the Heavenly Warhost 17th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), swim 60-ft +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 26 DR 20/magic 19th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), swim 60-ft +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 28 True Song of Healing 21st

Natural Weapons: A hymn dragon's claws are its primary natural weapons instead of its bite.

Breath Weapon (Su): A hymn dragon has two breath weapons, a cone of sound that deals the listed damage (Fort halves) to all creatures within the area, and a cone of positive energy which helas the listed amount (Will halves) to all creatures within the area. The hymn dragon may select creatures within the area to which it has line of sight to instead be affected by its other breath weapon whenever it uses this ability.

Change Shape (Su): A hymn dragon may change shape into any small or medium humanoid 3 times per day +1/day per age category. It may remain in this shape for as long as it likes, returning to its natural form does not expend a use of this ability.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Change Shape

•The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form.
    •The creature loses the natural weapons and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    •The creature gains the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    •The creature retains all other special attacks and qualities of its original form, except for breath weapons and gaze attacks.
    •The creature retains the ability scores of its original form.
    •Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    •The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    •The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    •Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and viceversa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

Sonic Healing (Ex/Su): A hymn dragon is immune to sonic damage (Extraordinary). In addition when they would take sonic damage they instead are healed 1 hp per 3 points of sonic damage prevented by their immunity (Su).

Spellcasting: A hymn dragon casts spells as a divine bard, but may select any spell on the cleric spell list or the Family, Good, and Sun domain lists as if they were a bard spell of the same level.

Lesser Hymn of Healing (Su): 3 + charisma modifier times per day a very young or older hymn dragon may, as a standard action, perform a lesser hymn of healing. The dragon must sing to perform this ability, and therefore it cannot use it when it cannot breathe or otherwise produce sound. When a hymn dragon uses this ability all allies within 30-ft which can hear the hymn dragon are immediately healed 2d8+1/HD of the hymn dragon hp. This is a positive energy effect.

Lesser Hymn of Fortification (Su): By expending a use of their Lesser Hymn of Healing a young or older hymn dragon may perform a Lesser Hymn of Fortification. This hymn requires a standard action to activate and lasts as long as the dragon sings and 1 round/3 age categories afterwards. All allies within 60-ft which can hear the dragon gain DR 5/-, 2 temporary hp per hit die, and a +3 competence bonus to Fortitude saves. While performing this hymn the hymn dragon may not speak, use bite attacks, or cast spells (even those without verbal components).

Blessed Noise (Su): Should a juvenile or older hymn dragon attempt to use one of its hymn abilities within an area of magical silence, that magical silence is immediately dispelled unless of deific strength.

Greater Hymn of Healing (Su): When an adult or older hymn dragon uses its lesser hymn of healing it may instead use a greater hymn of healing which heals 4d8 +2/HD of the hymn dragon damage to all allies within range.

Greater Hymn of Fortification (Su): When an old or older hymn dragon uses its lesser hymn of fortification it may instead use a greater hymn of fortification which grants a +6 competence bonus to Fortitude saves, DR 10/-, 4 temporary hp/HD of recipient, and universal energy resistance 5 to all allies within 60-ft for the duration of the song and 1 round/6 age categories after it stops.

Hymn of the Heavenly Host (Su): When an ancient or older hymn dragon uses its lesser hymn of fortification it may instead perform a hymn of the heavenly host. This functions as a lesser hymn of fortification but the targets recieve a +4 morale bonus to melee attack rolls and weapon damage, and all weapons (including natural weapons) they wield are considered to have the Holy property dealing +2d6 damage against evil creatures, and overcoming DR as if Good aligned. Finally all affected creatures gain a flight speed equal to their base land speed with good maneuverability (this includes the hymn dragon giving it Fly 60-ft [good] as well as it's normal fly speed).

True Song of Healing (Su): When a great wyrm hymn dragon uses its lesser hymn of healing it may instead expend 3 uses of the ability to duplicate a Mass Heal spell with a CL equal to its hit dice.

Skills: Disguise, Heal, and Perform are class skills for Hymn Dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 05:56 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Amber Dragon
    Dragon
    Environment: Coniferous Forests (Temperate and Cold Forests)
    Organization:Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 19; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: None (incidental only)
    Alignment: Always true neutral

Note: I'm actually just updating these from 2e. Fluff will be up when I have the book back but it's unavailable atm (I statted them a few hours ago). As a note the book listed them getting 11th level priest spells... priest spells in 2e went up to 7th level

Found in ancient forests. Amber dragons have wooden barky skin which is a brown-grey like those of the trees with which they surround themselves. As capricious as nature itself, they do not form a single permanent lair but instead move throughout a range upwards of 900 square miles.

They have a flat, spade-like horn upon their heads reaching up to a foot in length which they use to stab into conifers to drink their sap.

Amber Dragon
    Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30 hp) 11 10 13 8 13 8 4/-4 6 5 4 5 13 -
    Very Young S 7d12+7 (52 hp) 13 10 13 8 13 8 7/4 9 6 5 6 14 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 15 10 15 10 15 10 10/12 12 9 7 9 17 -
    Juvenile M 13d12+26 (110 hp) 17 10 15 10 15 10 13/16 16 10 8 10 18 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (152 hp) 19 10 17 12 17 12 16/24 19 13 10 13 21 19
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 23 10 19 12 17 12 19/29 24 15 11 14 23 20
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 27 10 21 14 19 14 22/38 28 18 13 17 26 23
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 29 10 21 14 19 14 25/42 32 19 14 18 27 24
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 31 10 23 16 21 16 28/46 36 22 16 21 30 27
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387 hp) 33 10 23 16 21 16 31/50 40 23 17 22 31 28
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459 hp) 35 10 25 18 23 18 34/58 42 26 19 25 34 31
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536 hp) 37 10 27 20 25 20 37/62 46 28 20 27 36 33

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Wild Shape (small) -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Blink 1st
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 19 (+9 natural) - Wild Shape (medium) 3rd
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 22 (+12 natural) - Wild Shape (tiny, or large) 5th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 18 DR 5/magic 7th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 20 Magnetize 9th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 22 DR 10/magic 11th
    Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 Wild Shape (Huge or Plant) 13th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 26 DR 15/magic 15th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 27 Wild Shape (Elemental, Gargantuan, or Diminutive) 17th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 28 DR 20/magic 19th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 30 Wild Shape (Colossal or Fine) 21st

Breath Weapon (Su): An amber dragon's breath weapon is a cone of sap. This sap hardens around any creature within the area. A Reflex save is allowed to avoid total immobilization. Those creatures which succeed their save are immobilized (unable to move) for 1d6 + 1 round per age category but need simply make a DC 10 Strength check (as a standard action) to break themselves free, 5 damage dealt to the sap covering them (hardness of 5) will also break them free; if they have evasion they ignore this sap completely. Those creatures which fail are immobilized for 2d6 + 2 rounds per age category and cannot even speak. They may make one attempt to break free as a full round action requiring a DC 15 + age category of the dragon Strength check to succeed, on a failure they cannot try again and are unable to move until the duration has elapsed or the sap covering them has been dealt 15 damage per age category of the dragon (hardness 5 + 1 per age category of the dragon).

Wild Shape (Su): 1/day per age category an amber dragon may use wild shape as a druid of its hit dice. It begins with access only to small animals, but eventually gains access to animals, plants, and elementals of all sizes. When it uses wild shape to assume an elemental form it follows the rules for wild shaping into an elemental as a normal druid except that such uses still come from their normal wild shape pool.

Spellcasting: An amber dragon casts spells as a druid of the listed level.

Blink (Sp): An amber dragon may use Blink as an SLA 1/day per two age categories.

Magnetize (Su): 3 times per day an adult or older amber dragon may magnetize a target creature. The target may make a Will save (same DC as their frightful presence) to resist this effect. If they fail they are magnetized. If they are wearing metal armor or a metal shield their armor check penalty increases by 2 (to a minimum of -2), or to double their existing armor check penalty (whichever is worse) and suffer a -10-ft speed reduction if wearing medium armor and a -20-ft speed reduction if wearing heavy (this cannot reduce their speed below 5-ft), their arcane spell failure also increases by 20% or doubles (whichever is worse). They suffer a -2 to attack rolls with metal weapons, and cannot use ranged weapons with metal ammunition. In addition if they are near a metal wall or floor they are Slowed as per the spell.

Skills: Handle Animal, Hide, and Survival are class skills for amber dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-25 at 12:18 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

I suggest changing the wording of the armor check penalty to something more like "Their armor check penalty increases by 2" rather than "They get an additional -2 penalty" since the second can sort of be read to mean "If I don't have an armor check penalty, it doesn't actually apply even if that was the intent."

I just think it could be a little cleaer is all. That's all I have time for critiquing at the moment though.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 90+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

orchestral dragon got a minor update. Still needs a lot of work.

Hymn dragons are really cool, that it advances as a variant class is unexpected, but awesome.
    And I guess that's the 5th in the set? Or so?

I'm amazed at how fast you can crank out a dragon. I guess having a template helps, But still I stubbornly refuse to use one. When I have more time I'll finish up orchestral dragon, but again you've proven you are the master of dragons.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 90+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I suggest changing the wording of the armor check penalty to something more like "Their armor check penalty increases by 2" rather than "They get an additional -2 penalty" since the second can sort of be read to mean "If I don't have an armor check penalty, it doesn't actually apply even if that was the intent."

I just think it could be a little cleaer is all. That's all I have time for critiquing at the moment though.
    Thanks, clarified (I think).

orchestral dragon got a minor update. Still needs a lot of work.

Hymn dragons are really cool, that it advances as a variant class is unexpected, but awesome.
    And I guess that's the 5th in the set? Or so?

I'm amazed at how fast you can crank out a dragon. I guess having a template helps, But still I stubbornly refuse to use one. When I have more time I'll finish up orchestral dragon, but again you've proven you are the master of dragons.
    Questionably, as song dragons have nothing to do with music Why didn't they stick with their 2e name (weredragon) it made more sense (and it was weredragon despite them being dragons and not in any way lycanthropes), so there might need to be a new 5th I haven't decided.

Template, experience, and knowledge of how official dragons progress (HD - 3X + Y, casting = 2X - Z, Natural armor = HD -1), that and I have dragons of most HD/Con combinations to copy paste from if I really wanted to (I don't usually because they're hard to find, but sometimes you'll notice I'll make 2 dragons with identical Str, Con, and HD in a row).

I have another one in the works, but I doubt it'll get finished this weekend.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Saurian Dragon
    Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Warm deserts and plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 4, Very Young 5, Young 6, Juvenile 9, Young Adult 12, Adult 13, Mature Adult 16, Old 18, Very Old 19, Ancient 20, Wyrm 21, Great Wyrm 22.
    Alignment: Always chaotic evil.

The ground shook, and I looked at the men. Spacers, all of them, come to my world in their fancy sky boat and wanted to hunt some of the big game. Fools! Oh I took them on, a fool’s gold is as good as a wise man’s, and I showed them the tyrant king, and the thunder lizard, that would have satisfied them except we found tracks from one of the real big boys. They followed, bloody fools, and they went too deep into its territory. It was coming.

It stood, over 100-ft in length and bristling with armored plates, sword-like teeth, resembling those of one of the tyrant king’s but several times large, and ready to kill. Its clawed feet had one particularly deadly implement, a curved claw that they could swing down like a hammer cutting through the flesh of those already caught in its claws, and its tail ended in a large bony knob. Even its wings were deadly, covered in dozens of tiny blades. It ran at us, feet pounding against the ground and tail swinging wildly, I watched as its sword-like teeth rent a man in two and arrows bounced from its hide. I ran, running as fast as my feet could carry me and knowing that it still wasn’t fast enough. Half a dozen men succumbed to its breath, their flesh turning to stone even as I struggled forward. It rushed after me when I saw their accursed sky ship fly towards them to pick them up. The arrival of the giant flying vehicle distracted the beast and it spread its wings landing upon their ship.

I ran. To this day I do not know whether they lived or died, but I curse myself for accepting fool’s gold.

-Untitled.

Saurian dragons are powerful natural predators. Physically they rival red dragons, but their wings are underdeveloped and they lack magic making them significantly weaker in the long run. They have great tyrannosaurus like heads, and claws like those of a deinonychus. Stegosaurus plates adorn their back, and their tails end in bony club-like appendages. As the previous text mentioned, even their wings are covered in small serrated blades. Their scales are a dull brown-green, and their eyes a vibrant yellow.

They have two types of breath weapon available to them, one is a stream of acid and the other is a cone of petrifying gas which turns a creature to stone from inside out. Their bodies have a supernatural resilience to weapons made of materials other than stone, and the ability to ignore damage reduction.

Saurian dragons are mostly solitary, and very defensive of their territory. Thankfully they can be bribed and bargained with due to their great love of gold. Unfortunately if they think they can take your gold they’d rather just do that and offering a bargain can be taken as a sign of weakness.

PS: Happy birthday to LOTRfan

Wyrmling M 6d12+12 (51 hp) 17 10 15 6 11 6 6/9 9 7 5 5 2d8 15 -
    Very Young L 9d12+27 (85 hp) 21 10 17 6 11 6 9/18 13 9 6 6 4d8 17 -
    Young L 12d12+36 (113 hp) 25 10 17 8 13 8 12/23 18 11 8 9 6d8 19 -
    Juvenile L 15d12+60 (157 hp) 29 10 19 8 13 8 15/28 23 13 9 10 8d8 21 -
    Young Adult H 18d12+90 (207 hp) 31 10 21 10 15 10 18/36 26 16 11 13 10d8 24 19
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 33 10 21 10 15 10 21/40 30 17 12 14 12d8 25 20
    Mature Adult H 24d12+144 (300 hp) 33 10 23 12 17 12 24/43 33 20 14 17 14d8 28 23
    Old G 27d12+189 (364 hp) 35 10 25 12 17 12 27/51 35 22 15 18 16d8 30 24
    Very Old G 30d12+240 (435 hp) 37 10 27 14 19 14 30/55 39 25 17 21 18d8 33 27
    Ancient G 33d12+297 (511 hp) 39 10 29 14 19 14 33/59 43 27 18 22 20d8 35 28
    Wyrm G 36d12+360 (594 hp) 41 10 31 16 21 16 36/63 47 30 20 25 22d8 38 31
    Great Wyrm C 39d12+390 (643 hp) 45 10 31 18 23 18 39/72 48 31 21 27 24d8 39 33

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR
    Wyrmling 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 17 (+7 natural) Immune to acid and petrification, bypass DR 2 14
    Very Young 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 19 (-1 size, +10 natural) Natural Arsenal, Alternate Form 15
    Young 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 22 (-1 size, +13 natural) DR 5/magic 17
    Juvenile 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) Bypass DR 5 20
    Young Adult 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) DR 10/magic 22
    Adult 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) Acidic Blood 24
    Mature Adult 50-ft, fly 60-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) DR 15/magic 26
    Old 50-ft, fly 90-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 34 (-4 size, +28 natural) Bypass DR 10 28
    Very Old 50-ft, fly 90-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) DR 20/magic and DR 5/stone 29
    Ancient 50-ft, fly 90-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) Spell Turning 31
    Wyrm 50-ft, fly 90-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) DR 20/magic and DR 10/stone 32
    Great Wyrm 50-ft, fly 90-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 42 (-8 size, +40 natural) Bypass DR, Petrifying Bite 34

Special Abilities
    Breath Weapon (Su): A saurian dragon has two types of breath weapons, a line of acid dealing the listed damage (Ref halves) and a cone of petrifying gas dealing 1 Dexterity damage per age category (Fort halves) which petrifies any creature reduced to 0 Dex by this ability.

Bypass Damage Reduction (Su): A saurian dragon’s natural weapons treat all DR (even DR /- and DR /epic) as reduced by the number above. When they become a great wyrm they automatically bypass all DR no matter the source or amount. This only applies to their natural weapons and not any other weapons they may wield.

Natural Arsenal: A very young or older saurian dragon’s natural weapons, and true dragon attack forms (crush, tail sweep) deal damage as if they were one size category larger. They do not gain an increased reach, or access to new natural weapons and attack forms by virtue of this ability.

Alternate Form: 3/day a very young or older saurian dragon may assume the form of a small or medium humanoid with the reptilian subtype as per the alternate form ability. This transformation lasts until the saurian dragon chooses to return to its natural form or take another form.

Damage Reduction (Su): A young or older saurian dragon gains DR as listed above. DR /stone is Supernatural (an exception to the rule of thumb that DR /material is Extraordinary) and can only be overcome by weapons which have a striking surface made of stone, including flint and volcanic obsidian.

Acidic Blood (Ex): Whenever an adult or older saurian dragon takes slashing or piercing damage all adjacent creatures take 1d8 acid damage per age category of the dragon. A successful Reflex save (same DC as breath weapon) negates this damage.

Spell Turning (Su): An ancient or older saurian dragon is under a continuous Spell Turning effect. Unlike the actual spell there is no limit to how many levels it may turn, although it has absolutely no effect on a 9th level or higher spell.

Petrifying Bite (Su): When a great wyrm saurian dragon scores a critical hit with its bite attack the target must immediately make a Fortitude save (same DC as breath weapon) or be petrified and take Dexterity damage equal to their current Dexterity score. Even on a successful save they take 4 Dexterity damage and if this reduces their Dexterity to 0 are petrified.

Skills: Hide, Move Silently, and Survival are class skills for saurian dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 09:06 PM.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #780

The description reminds me of the dragons from Final Fantasy 12. About the only thing it's missing is a giant ring floating around its neck. Would you be interested in stating up one of the FF12 Dragons, perhaps one of the really big/mean ones from the end of the game.

Spoiler
    Show