New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Not particularly yet, got distracted with base class contest and just a feeling of lack of inspiration. Would try to work on it in the next few days but I'm definitely going to be distracted by people for the rest of the week (and on a different computer) which means unless I get a burst of inspiration which gets me through one in like half an hour I'll probably not even start working on them till Monday.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Earthquake Dragon
    Dragon (Earth)
    Your Breath Weapon DCs appear to be missing. Breath Weapon DCs are as follows: 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 25, 28, 30, 33, 34, 37

Woops, those numbers are based on Cha instead of Con (my mistake). Your numbers are right. Sorry.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-09-11 at 09:11 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Your Breath Weapon DCs appear to be missing. Breath Weapon DCs are as follows: 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 25, 28, 30, 33, 34, 37

Debby
    Thanks for pointing that out (had the breath weapon DCs in the Frightful Presence row for both Earthquake and Tsunami) it should be fixed now.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Devastation Dragon
    Dragon (Evil)
    Environment: Any land or underground
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (1–2 and 2–5 offspring)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 19; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Triple standard
    Alignment: Always chaotic evil
    Advancement: Wyrmling 6–7 HD; very young 9–10 HD; young 12–13 HD; juvenile 15–16 HD; young adult 18–19 HD; adult 21–22 HD; mature adult 24–25 HD; old 27–28 HD; very old 30–31 HD; ancient 33–34 HD; wyrm 36–37 HD; great wyrm 39+ HD
    Level Adjustment: Wyrmling +3; very young +3; young +3; juvenile +4; others —

I once believed that Devastation Dragons were somehow related to Cataclysm Dragons, and while that still may be true, I find that they have a different role. Where Cataclysm Dragons represent the cycle of birth and rebirth, the cleansing to make way for a new creation, Devastation Dragons seem to be much more destructively inclined if thankfully individually weaker. Devastation Dragons seem to be intent on destruction, naturally cruel even by the standards of evil dragons. My research into their natural life cycle is unfortunately incomplete. I have seen them on a total of 16 worlds, but on only one of these worlds have I found a breeding group, on the others they were beings of varying ages but each unique. I am therefore uncertain if their propagation is a result of spelljamming journeys, planar travel, divine intervention, or some spawning of the force of destruction itself, or some sort of freak mutation within other dragon races.

The scholar Paluto, philosopher-king of the country of Altens on one of the worlds which had such a beast, theorized they were chromatic dragons which had been born affected by the echoes of the final days in a manner similar to human doomsayers and their spontaneous propagation was a result there of. The Devastation dragon Gix’tar’ziel claimed to be the son of Tiamat herself, birthed by the draconic goddess to wipe out all of humanity upon his world due to the actions of rampant dragon hunters centuries earlier; I have not been able to confirm his claims, while there were no longer any humans on his world and he was disturbingly close to godhood his ascension was fueled by a powerful artifact, thousands of lizardfolk priests and cultists, and opposed by the priests of Tiamat on his world which decried the great wyrm as a blasphemer. A possible Abyssal origin for Devastation Dragons is shown from the last records of the Pit Fiend general Baalfilzebion who disappeared with a cohort of diabolic troops upon the river Styx on Carceri. While long presumed lost in the Styx, a written record from the Pit Fiend was found on Carceri within the lair of a Prison Spider. I have been unable to independently verify its origin, but the Baatezu seem to accept it. In this record Baalfilzebion describes her arrival on a layer of the Abyss previously unexplored by the Baatezu. While setting up a beach head the pit fiend’s forces were attacked by several dragons matching the physical descriptions of Devastation dragons. These dragons devastated her forces and the pit fiend was forced to retreat. Gathering her surviving troops the pit fiend warned about the layer’s powerful draconic inhabitants and gave a copy of her warning to each of her surviving troops and then ordered them to scatter and find an escape route from the layer, predicting that few if any would survive. It is possible that the dragons I have encountered ultimately originated from this layer of the Abyss. I have been unable to find it, and would not hazard to travel there even if I could as the pit fiend described a great wyrm of incalculable age and skilled in wizardry.

The dragons themselves are relatively thin and long for their overall mass, with proportionately long tails and necks. Their heads are long and pointed, with six backwards pointing horns, two from the top of their heads, two from the bottom of their chins, and two wider, fin-like horns from the sides of their heads. Their wings have long alar phalanges with those farthest from their bodies being longest. Their backs lack spines being smooth, and they have a single rib less than the norm for dragons. The scales on their bodies are black, a dull coal-black at birth but gaining in luster as they age. Their belly and wing scales are a dull, deep midnight blue at birth, but almost like dark sapphires by the time they have grown into their power.

For dragon hunters which would face the beast I must first warn that their breath is none of the conventional five energies which would be easily fended off with magic. Instead they breathe out great gouts of destructive energy. Visible only as a distortion in the way light passes through the area for a few moments they fire off wide cones which fill the air with crushing force that seems to strike from chaotically shifting directions, tearing and rending everything within the area of the breath. They are aggressive creatures and can often be lured into attacking without much foresight, especially when young; it is not until adulthood that these dragons are full mental matches for average humanoids and, unlike white dragons which are natural predators using such cunning as is common to such beasts, their sadistic love of destruction can lead them to underestimate opponents rather easily. Even as they age they are impatient and destructive creatures with a tendency to lash out first and think second. A hunter must be careful, however, to pick their field wisely as the dragons are able to disintegrate and otherwise destroy objects making it dangerous to fight them in a region where the floor or ground is thin; to take advantage of these powers older Devastation dragons have been known to enslave kobolds, gnomes, and other humanoids to force them to dig great pits and tunnels mere feet beneath the ground throughout their lair and its surroundings; as such I would advise flight against these beasts even more than against most dragons. Older specimens also show an uncanny foresight and knowledge of event sometimes far and away from their lair; I believe they have a certain oracular ability, but have been unable to confirm it. As their spellcasting ability seems uniquely dependent upon the spoken word, or at least more so than common spells of wizards and sorcerers, I would suggest that if it is possible to place them in an area of magical silence it can prove quite valuable to do so, but they are also not the type to rely heavily on the use of magic when facing an opponent instead preferring long standing effects. The oldest wyrms I’ve seen are the ones to earn their name. The wyrm of Kal’s End as it was called, if only in text, had the ability to call down a storm of destruction across a region hundreds of miles in radius, leaving the land dead and buildings irreparably damaged, beyond the touch of magic and beyond the skills of even the world’s finest artisans to find any use for the materials, all attempts to do so found only wretched things that warped against the nature of such materials and arts. Gix’tar’ziel showed the same capability, and worse seemed to be able to shatter weapons which struck him, and his very presence twisted the landscape making it a land of the living dead and infused the region with a deep evil. As a final warning to would be hunters, or any which deal with such creatures, the peasants who fear to speak their names lest the dragon sense it and be enraged are half right. One should never speak the name of such a dragon, for they warp it into a tool of destruction and the very speaking of it can cause pain, or even death, to the speaker. Even titles and euphemisms eventually develop such a destructive nature, which forced Gix’tar’ziel’s priesthood to be very creative in their appellations for the wyrm. The names herein should now be safe, their bearers dead.

As a closing note I will urge any who reads this to slay any Devastation dragon they should come upon. They are creatures fueled by an urge to destroy and bring devastation to their surroundings and from my encounters I have seen nothing else within them than a sadistic love of these acts. As such they are truly dangerous creatures which place above even fiends on the scale of foes to other beings and which will destroy whole countries, races, and civilizations if not stopped.
    -Zasper, the Dragon Sage, Liber Draconis vol. LIV

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 5d12+5 (37 hp) 11 10 13 6 9 12 +5/-3 +7 +5 +4 +3 2d6 13 -
    Young Adult S 8d12+16 (68 hp) 13 10 15 6 11 12 +8/+5 +10 +8 +6 +5 4d6 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 15 10 15 8 11 14 +11/+13 +13 +9 +7 +7 6d6 15 -
    Juvenile M 14d12+42 (133 hp) 17 10 17 8 11 14 +14/+17 +17 +12 +9 +9 8d6 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 19 10 19 10 13 16 +17/+25 +20 +14 +10 +11 10d6 22 21
    Adult L 20d12+100 (230 hp) 23 10 21 10 13 16 20/30 25 17 12 13 12d6 25 23
    Mature Adult H 23d12+138 (287 hp) 27 10 23 10 15 18 23/39 29 19 13 15 14d6 27 25
    Old H 26d12+156 (325 hp) 29 10 23 12 15 18 26/43 33 21 15 17 16d6 29 27
    Very Old H 29d12+203 (391 hp) 31 10 25 12 17 20 29/47 37 23 16 19 18d6 31 29
    Ancient H 32d12+224 (387 hp) 33 10 25 14 17 20 32/51 41 25 18 21 20d6 33 31
    Wyrm G 35d12+280 (514 hp) 35 10 27 16 19 22 35/59 43 27 19 23 22d6 35 33
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+342 (589 hp) 37 10 29 18 21 24 38/63 47 30 21 26 24d6 38 36

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities Doomsayer Level SR
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 16 (+2 size, +4 natural) Force Immunity, Sustenance from Destruction, Name of Destruction - -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 18 (+1 size, +7 natural) Word of Destruction - 17
    Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 20 (+10 natural) Wake of Destruction 1st 18
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 23 (+13 natural) Mind of Devastation 3rd 20
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) DR 5/magic 5th 22
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 28 (-1 size, +19 natural) Force of Annihilation 7th 24
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) DR 10/magic 9th 27
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) Commune, Vision 11th 29
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) DR 15/magic 13th 31
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 39 (-2 size, +31 natural) See the True Name 15th 32
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) Apocalypse Rains from the Sky, DR 20/magic 17th 33
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) Living Blight, Shatter Swords, DR 20/epic 19th 35

Breath Weapon (Su): An Devastation Dragon has one form of breath weapon a cone of destructive force. This breath weapon is a force effect dealing the listed damage, but ignores hardness and deals double damage to objects in its path.

Force Immunity (Ex): An Devastation Dragon is immune to damage from force effects and can even pass through force effects when it so desires, moving through them as if they were not there; it may choose to allow a force effect to block its path or sustain its weight. If an Devastation dragon is unconscious it automatically passes through all force effects.

Sustenance from Destruction (Su): An Devastation Dragon does not need to eat, simply to destroy. As long as a Devastation Dragon spreads a sufficient amount of destruction (increasing with size and age category; exact amount determined by the DM) it does not need to eat, drink, or sleep.

Name of Destruction (Su): An Devastation Dragon is a creature of doom foreshadowed and its very name a word of devastation and destruction. Any creature speaking the personal truename of an Devastation Dragon takes 3d6 damage per age category of the dragon but may make a Fortitude save (DC is Charisma based like Frightful Presence, DC 13 at Wyrmling, 14 at Very Young, 16 at Young, 17 at Juvenile, and as Frightful Presence beyond that point) to halve this damage. Even an impersonal truename is dangerous and any creature speaking a truename which applies to a Devastation Dragon takes 1d6 damage per age category of the dragon, a successful Fortitude save (same DC) negates. Finally any name, title, or appellation being used to refer to an Devastation Dragon and that the dragon recognizes as referring to it and has done so for at least 10 years is dangerous dealing 1d6 damage per 2 age categories of the Devastation Dragon; a successful Fortitude save (same DC) negates this damage. Devastation Dragons are immune to this effect even that of other Devastation dragons.

Word of Destruction (Su): By uttering a single word a very young or older devastation dragon can destroy one object up within 100-ft. An attended or magical object is allowed a Fortitude save (DC is Constitution based and equals that of the dragon’s breath weapon normally) to resist this destruction, and an object with a volume greater than 125 cubic feet per two age categories of the dragon (1 5-ft cube/2 age category; 6 5-ft cubes at great wyrm) only has that portion of it destroyed starting from a point within range of the dragon’s choosing. An devastation dragon may use this ability 1/day per age category they have attained.

Wake of Destruction (Su): A young or older devastation dragon leaves a trail of destruction in its wake. Whenever a young or older devastation dragon leaves the space that was previously occupied by the dragon is rent by a pure destructive force. This force deals 1d6 damage to any creature in the square or which enters the square, a successful Fortitude save (DC is Con based, use breath weapon table) halves this damage; this is a force effect. This effect deals double damage to objects in the space or walls, ceilings, and floors touching the space. This effect lasts for 1 round after the dragon leaves the square(s) and during that time the space it is affecting is difficult to see through offering concealment to creatures with at least 1 square of it between them and the viewer. An devastation dragon can choose to suppress or reactivate this ability as a free action.

Invocations: A young or older Devastation Dragon has the ability to use invocations as a Doomsayer of the listed level. They gain the bonus Malison for each grade associated with the Path of Destruction whenever they gain access to a new grade of invocations, but do not gain any other abilities associated with an Apocalyptic Path.

Mind of Devastation (Su): The mind of a Juvenile or older Devastation Dragon is a dangerous thing. Any creature targeting it with an Enchantment or Telepathy effect or contacting it through telepathy (including sensing it through Mindsight) must make a Will save (DC is Charisma based, same as Frightful Presence, 18 at Juvenile) or take 1d8 Int, Wis, and Cha damage and be confused for 1 round per 2 age categories the Devastation Dragon has obtained.

Force of Annihilation (Special): An Adult or older Devastation Dragon begins to show their true nature. An object destroyed by such an devastation dragon cannot be restored, even mundane attempts to restore it by (for example) smelting it down and recasting the metal come out inevitably twisted and ruined, and magical attempts see the same results; it is rendered useless even as raw materials. A creature slain by such an Devastation Dragon cannot be revived, even True Resurrection failing to restore life to such a creature, although they can be reanimated or return as a ghost or other incorporeal undead; this effect damages the soul preventing true rest thus making such a return more probable (at the DM’s discretion). An undead creature reduced to 0 hit points by such a dragon is instantly destroyed even if they would normally return (such as being a lich, ghost, or vampire). Mortal magic cannot overcome these effects, but direct divine action or certain major artifacts can do so. Though in many ways closest to a Supernatural ability this ability functions even in anti-magic generated by anything less than a god and abilities which grant a creature the Supernatural abilities of another creature cannot grant them this ability.

Commune (Sp): An Old or older Devastation Dragon can commune with the force of destruction itself once per day. This functions as the spell Commune but instead of contacting a specific deity they contact the essence of destruction; this essence can be assumed to have knowledge that is possessed by any god with a portfolio including death or destruction. Their caster level equals their caster level for invocations.

Vision (Sp): An Old or older Devastation Dragon can use Vision as a spell-like ability once per day. Their caster level equals their caster level for invocations.

See the True Name (Su): A Venerable or older Devastation Dragon is able to feel a creature or object’s truename the better to destroy it utterly. An Devastation Dragon of this age instantly knows the personal truename of anything it sees if it desires such information.

Apocalypse Rains from the Sky (Sp): A Wyrm or older Devastation Dragon is able to invoke absolute destruction within a wide area. Once per month they may, as a standard action, use Apocalypse Rains from the SkyBoVD as a spell-like ability they do not suffer any effect due to the Corruption cost or need any material component or other components. Their caster level for this spell like ability equals their caster level for invocations +4.

Living Blight (Su): Wherever a Great Wyrm Devastation Dragon lives becomes a blighted region incapable of sustaining life. Any region in which is lairs for at least 1 month becomes unable to support plant life of any form, all normal plants within the area immediately dying at the end of the first month of occupancy and even magical plants following. Creatures cannot regain hit points within the area, nor can they be resurrected, and any dead creature within the area will rise as an undead creature within 24 hours unless such a rise is prevented by magic. In addition if Taint rules are used the area becomes tainted with both Corruption and Depravity. This extends out 120 miles from the Great Wyrm’s lair and this effect lasts 1 year per month that the Great Wyrm lairs within the region (time spent living there is counted for this duration including the first month before it activates).

Shatter Swords (Su): A force of absolute destruction a Great Wyrm Devastation Dragon is not easily harmed. Ray spells and other magical ranged touch attacks targeting the dragon have a 20% miss chance, in addition to any other miss chances they may possess and if they miss due to this chance are redirected at their source. Any weapon striking a Great Wyrm Devastation Dragon with less than a +6 enhancement bonus is instantly destroyed (Reflex negates, DC is Constitution based like Breath Weapon). If a creature strikes the dragon with a natural weapon it is not destroyed but they take 6d6 damage and cannot use that natural weapon for any purpose (including as a hand or wing) for 1 minute, a successful Fortitude save (same DC) halves the damage and allows them to continue to use that limb.

Skills: In addition to the skills common to all true dragons an devastation dragon treats Hide, Move Silently, and Truespeak as class skills.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-25 at 08:42 PM.

Current Projects:

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Renewal Dragon
    Dragon (Water)
    Environment: Any land or underground
    Organization: Solitary or with other Lawful Good dragons (replace 1 dragon in group with a renewal dragon).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2; very young 3; young 4; juvenile 5; young adult 7; adult 8; mature adult 10; old 12; very old 14; ancient 16; wyrm 18; great wyrm 20
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good
    Advancement: Wyrmling 4 HD; very young 6 HD; young 8 HD; juvenile 10 HD; young adult 12 HD; adult 14 HD; mature adult 16 HD; old 18 HD; very old 20 HD; ancient 22 HD; wyrm 24 HD; great wyrm 26+ HD
    Level Adjustment: Wyrmling +3; very young +3; young +3; juvenile +4; young adult +4, adult +4, mature adult +4.

Renewal dragons, called White Gold Dragons, the Tears of Bahamut, or Tears of Tamara, are a very rare sport amongst the Lawful Good dragons. Stories of their origin vary. Some tales say that they were first created from Bahamut’s blood spilled in a fight with an evil dragon of extreme power, occasionally listed as the deity Garyx, which he imbued with life to help mend the wounds inflicted to the world from their battle. Other stories say that they were a gift from Bahamut to Tamara, or Tamara to Bahamut, given to the other as a peace offering after some minor spat between the draconic deities. Whatever the truth, they now show up as sports and mutants amongst the population of Gold, Silver, and Bronze dragons as well as certain other species of Lawful Good dragons. Roughly 1 in 1000 gold dragons hatch as a renewal dragon instead, and these numbers drop lower amongst other breeds.

A renewal dragon is a kind, gentle creature and they rarely fight, preferring to avoid combat, either through stealth, their breath weapon or aura, or through the use of simple diplomacy. They have a natural desire to tend to the wounded, using their healing abilities to help even creatures which have threatened them before. They are cognizant of the dangers within, but see if as their duty to help others, even if it means putting themselves at risk. This altruism makes such dragons even rarer, as many find themselves enslaved or slain by evil creatures while still young, and due to their miraculous powers of revival which manifest in their full maturity they are often slain by entities which seek to spread destruction to prevent their rise to full maturity.

Physically a renewal dragon is reminiscent of a mix of metallic dragons. They have the same head and skull structure as a gold dragon, down to the whiskers, albeit with a silver dragon’s wings and body proportions of a bronze dragon. Their scales are a pale gold at birth, almost white, growing deeper and more metallic with age. By wyrm they are almost platinum in color. Renewal dragons are virtual dragons, lacking something of the power of true dragons, and as such are disadvantaged in a fight with most draconic specimens of similar age, though relatively magically powerful compared to their physical prowess. Their aura of fascination, and pacifying breath help them remain free from combat. Of course their most noteworthy powers are those to overcome death. A renewal dragon is constantly healing, and is capable of healing a creature with the merest touch. As they age they can prevent death from any source, can revive the dead with a single breath, and a great wyrm is said to have comparable power over life to that of a true deity; although I do not believe it is truly as great as some say.

Renewal dragons are amongst the most benevolent of dragon kind and would be hunters should realize that they are not a danger, but a resource to be preserved. Do not harm these magnificent creatures, instead befriend them.

-Zasper, the Dragon Sage, Liber Draconis vol. XXXVII.

Spoiler: Virtual Dragon
    Show
    A virtual dragon is a dragon which is for all extents and purposes a true dragon except that it gains less hit dice per age category; a mere 2 additional hit dice per age category instead of the normal 3. As such it is not until Great Wyrm that they may all necessarily take Epic feats; otherwise they are considered true dragons for all purposes, although as many grow slower than other true dragons they may advance size category differently when advancing beyond Great Wyrm.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon DC Charisma Based Save DC
    Wyrmling T 3d12 (19 hp) 9 10 11 14 17 14 +3/-6 +4 +3 +3 +6 11 13
    Young Adult T 5d12+5 (37 hp) 11 10 13 14 17 14 +5/-3 +7 +5 +4 +7 13 14
    Young S 7d12+7 (52 hp) 13 10 13 16 19 16 +7/+4 +9 +6 +5 +9 14 16
    Juvenile S 9d12+18 (76 hp) 15 10 15 16 19 16 +9/+7 +12 +8 +6 +10 16 17
    Young Adult M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 18 21 18 +11/+14 +14 +9 +7 +11 17 19
    Adult M 13d12+39 (123 hp) 19 10 17 18 21 18 13/17 17 11 8 13 19 21
    Mature Adult L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 21 10 17 20 23 20 15/24 19 12 9 15 20 22
    Old L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 10 19 20 23 20 17/27 22 14 10 16 22 23
    Very Old L 19d12+72 (195 hp) 25 10 19 22 25 22 19/30 25 15 11 18 23 25
    Ancient L 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 24 27 24 21/34 29 17 12 20 25 27
    Wyrm H 23d12+0 (514 hp) 29 10 21 26 29 26 23/40 30 18 13 22 26 29
    Great Wyrm H 25d12+150 (312 hp) 31 10 23 28 31 28 25/43 33 20 14 24 28 31

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities Caster Level SR
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 40-ft +0 14 (+2 size, +2 natural) Immune to Death effects, Fast Healing, Water Breathing - -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 40-ft +0 16 (+2 size, +4 natural) Touch of Healing - -
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 40-ft +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) Close Wounds - -
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 40-ft +0 19 (+1 size, +8 natural) Forbid Death, Plant Growth 1st -
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 20 (+10 natural) DR 5/magic 3rd 15
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 22 (+12 natural) Fascinating Aura 5th 17
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 23 (-1 size, +14 natural) DR 10/magic 7th 18
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) Breath of Life 9th 20
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) DR 15/magic 11th 22
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 29 (-2 size, +20 natural) Aura of Inviolate Life 13th 24
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) DR 20/magic 15th 26
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) Miracle of Life 17th 28

Breath Weapon (Su): A renewal dragon has a single breath weapon a cone or line of pacifying gas. Any creature caught in this effect must make a Will save or be unable to take any hostile or actively combative action (including summoning creatures, casting defensive buff effects, etc) for 1d6 rounds + 1 round per age category of the renewal dragon. This is a mind-affecting effect, and any attack made against an affected creature immediately ends it for that creature.

Fast Healing (Ex): A renewal dragon is full of life force, healing continuously. A renewal dragon has fast healing of 2 per age category it has obtained (24 at great wyrm).

Water Breathing (Ex): A renewal dragon may breathe water as easily as air and may use its breath weapon normally while underwater.

Touch of Healing (Su): A very young or older renewal dragon can heal with a touch. This functions like a paladin’s Lay on Hands ability but the dragon may heal 20 hit points per age category with this ability each day, and if they heal 20 hit points in one go the target is also affected as if by Lesser Restoration, 60 hit points increases this to Restoration, and 120 hit points increases this to Greater Restoration.

Close Wounds (Sp): A young or older renewal dragon can lash out with their recuperative powers, healing a creature. This functions as the Close WoundsSpC spell and can be used 3 times per day. A renewal dragon’s Caster Level for this effect is its age category or favored soul caster level whichever is higher.

Forbid Death (Su): A juvenile or older renewal dragon can forbid death itself through sheer will. 3 times per day, as an immediate action, a renewal dragon can prevent a single attack or effect from killing any creature within 10-ft per age category. This only works on a spell, effect, or attack which would have killed one or more creatures within the range and completely negates all effects and damage of it within the range. For example if a fireball would kill a creature within range it could be used to prevent all damage from the fireball within the area, but any portion of the fireball’s area outside the range of this effect would not be prevented. A renewal dragon may, and often must, use this ability after damage has been rolled. If the renewal dragon would be killed by an effect or attack and the dragon has uses of this ability remaining this ability automatically activates even if the renewal dragon is unaware of the effect or attack and without it being required to use an immediate action to activate it.

Plant Growth (Sp): A juvenile or older renewal dragon can imbue an area with growth. This functions like the spell Plant Growth and can be used 1/day. A renewal dragon’s Caster Level for this effect is its age category or favored soul caster level whichever is higher.

Spellcasting: Once a renewal dragon reaches the juvenile age category they gain the ability to cast spells. They cast spells as a Favored Soul of the listed level but may select spells from the Community, Family, Good, Healing, Law, Protection, and Renewal domains as if they were Cleric spells.

Fascinating Aura (Su): An adult or older renewal dragon radiates an aura of fascination. Any creature with at least 3 less hit dice than the renewal dragon within 20-ft per age category which can see the dragon must make a Will save (Charisma based DC) or be fascinated for as long as it remains in the aura or until it is directly threatened. A creature with 5 or less hit dice is fascinated for an additional 5d6 minutes after it leaves the aura although the effect is still ended if they are threatened.

Breath of Life (Su): An old or older renewal dragon gains a second use of its breath weapon. Once per day it may charge its breath with the power of life. Any dead creature within the area which has a mostly intact skeleton or corpse is resurrected as if by the resurrection spell. Unlike resurrection the effect does not regrow missing limbs unless all bones associated with that limb are intact. Undead within the area are destroyed unless they succeed a Will save and then are resurrected as living creatures if their soul is free and willing to return.

Aura of Inviolate Life (Su): An ancient or older renewal dragon radiates an aura of life. Any other living creature within 10-ft of the renewal dragon per age category it has attained cannot die. If they would die they do not, although sufficient damage will render them unconscious as will having a 0 Constitution. If they leave the renewal dragon’s aura for even a moment while in a state which would normally result in death (such as having -10 or less hit points or 0 Constitution) they die instantly; even teleporting with the renewal dragon is enough time out of the aura to cause this effect.

Miracle of Life (Special): Once per year a great wyrm renewal dragon may cause a miracle of life. This ability can revive all creatures killed in a day, resurrect a creature which has a soul that is unwilling to return, cause a region to become verdant, resurrect a creature which died of old age, or another effect appropriate to an intermediate (13 divine rank) deity with a portfolio of life. Though in many ways closest to a Supernatural ability this ability functions even in anti-magic generated by anything less than a god and abilities which grant a creature the Supernatural abilities of another creature cannot grant them this ability.

Skills: In addition to the class skills for all dragons a renewal dragon treats Hide, Heal, and Swim as class skills.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 05:45 PM.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

WITH DESTRUCTION AND REBIRTH I WOULD LIKE TO PROUDLY ANNOUNCE MY RETURN

SO I JUST WANTED TO POST THESE 2 NEW DRAGONS AND MAKE A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

FIRST THINGS FIRST I HAVE MANAGED TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT WITH ZASPER ONCE MORE. IN EXCHANGE FOR SPARING YOUR WORLD HE'S WILLING TO PROVIDE ME WITH INFORMATION ON NEW SPECIES ONCE MORE. NEXT I INTEND TO WORK ON UPDATING ALL THE OLD DRAGONS' TABLES. TO DETERMINE WHICH ONES DESERVE IT MOST, AND BECAUSE I AM MAKING A NEW DRAGON THEMED BASE CLASS I WOULD LIKE YOU, THE PASSING FORUMITE, TO TELL ME WHICH DRAGONS ARE YOUR FAVORITES. WHICH DRAGONS YOU SEE AS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO BE UPDATED. SO I WOULD LIKE YOU EACH TO TELL ME WHICH 20 NON-EPIC DRAGONS YOU SEE AS BEING EITHER YOUR FAVORITE, THE MOST INTERESTING, OR WELL WHATEVER REASON CAUSES YOU TO DESIRE TO EITHER SEE ITS TABLE UPDATED OR CLASS FEATURES BASED ON IT. SO VOTE AWAY, SHOOT REQUESTS, COMMENT, OR JUST LURK WHATEVER YOUR CHOICE, ENJOY...I AM GOING TO GO GRUMBLE ABOUT MY ASSOCIATE. HE WOULDN'T EVEN LET ME HAVE JAPAN OR ICELAND. I'[SIZE]D HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH EITHER OF THOSE.
    [/SIZE]

ALSO HERE IS THE MUSIC OF DRAGONS, THERE'D BE FAR FEWER WITHOUT IT.

For voting please just make either a list or table of 10 non-epic dragons I made (I cannot edit the posts made by others so I cannot fix their tables). Each dragon listed counts as a vote, whichever 10 dragons get the most votes by ~9 PM EST on the 27th will be the first 10 updated and have class features made for them.

Example Vote:
    1. Victory Dragon
    2. Deep Trench Dragon
    3. Ebony Dragon
    4. Maleficense Dragon
    5. Ashwood Dragon
    6. Dis Dragon
    7. Lodestone Dragon
    8. Iron Rose Dragon
    9. Salt Dragon
    10. Mu Lung Dragon

Decide on your votes however you want (name sounds cool, brief description sounds cool, you want to run one in the game, you want me to add a CR/LA to it because you want to play a dragon-beholder), Meta-Dragons are fine, as are Fey, Planar, 9 Hells, 7 Heavens; demi-dragons and other non-true dragons will not be counted, nor will epic dragons for this first round.

Also if you like the PC side of dragons check out the current Base Class Contest since it's about dragon classes and you might find something you enjoy.

Also the alignment distribution table may be incorrect at this point... it is likely to remain thus for some time since I don't want to scour the thread to fix it.

And yeah the choice of dragons to come back with was for symbolic importance. Renewal Dragon could be seen as a resolution to actually make more of these and to fix the tables at long last.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-24 at 09:53 PM.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Ran out of space in the OP due to fixing tables, so I have to start moving the 3 original dragons out of it. So without further ado

Deep Trench Dragon
    Dragon (Aquatic, Water)
    Environment: Undersea trenches (any aquatic)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (1–2 and 2–5 offspring)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 6; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement:Wyrmling 7–8 HD; very young 10–11 HD; young 13–14 HD; juvenile 16–17 HD; young adult 19–20 HD; adult 22–23 HD; mature adult 25–26 HD; old 28–29 HD; very old 31–32 HD; ancient 34–35 HD; wyrm 37–38 HD; great wyrm 40+ HD.

They have draconic scales which are a bright silver-blue at birth and darken till by the great wyrm stage they could be called black (although in the proper light they reveal a little blue). Even so their bodies are reminiscent of eels except for two massive arrays of fin-wings similar to the fins of a flying fish and for their two massive arms which end in crustacean-like claws. Their heads are definitely draconic and right behind their heads are their first fins, although periodically along their body more can be found. They hate bronze dragons but rarely interact as they spend most of their time at the sea bed only rarely coming to surface and even then almost always in the middle of the ocean. Their lack of legs reduces them to slow crawling when on land and their sub-par wings hinder them in the air making them slower and less agile than other breeds of dragons.
    They often war with krakens over territories and have been known to rule over sahagin kingdoms. They often demand tribute from those who would pass through their territories and this sometimes brings them in conflict with sea dwelling storm giants. The giants have been known to use young deep trench dragons as slaves, but so too have mature dragons been known to capture and enslave storm giants. Most mated pairs include one older and obviously dominant member and usually do not last long as they have a compulsion to dominate the area and hate each other probably more than any other competitors they have in the seas.

Deep Trench Dragons by Age
    Age Size HD (hp) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling M 6d12+12 (51) 17 10 15 6 9 8 +6/+9 +9 +7 +5 +4 2d8 15 -
    Very young L 9d12+27 (85) 21 10 17 8 11 10 +9/+18 +13 +9 +6 +6 4d8 17 -
    Young L 12d12+36 (114) 25 10 17 8 11 10 +12/+23 +19 +11 +8 +8 6d8 19 -
    Juvenile L 15d12+60 (157) 29 10 19 10 13 12 +15/+27 +23 +13 +9 +10 8d8 21 -
    Young Adult H 18d12+90 (207) 31 10 21 10 13 12 +18/+36 +26 +16 +11 +12 10d8 24 20
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241) 33 10 21 12 15 14 +21/+40 +30 +17 +12 +13 12d8 25 22
    Mature Adult H 24d12+144 (300) 33 10 23 12 15 14 +24/+43 +33 +20 +14 +15 14d8 28 24
    Old G 27d12+189 (364) 35 10 25 14 17 16 +27/+51 +35 +22 +15 +17 16d8 30 26
    Very Old G 30d12+240 (435) 37 10 27 16 19 18 +30/+55 +39 +25 +17 +21 18d8 33 29
    Ancient G 33d12+297 (511) 39 10 29 18 21 20 +33/+59 +43 +27 +18 +23 20d8 35 31
    Wyrm G 36d12+360 (594) 41 10 31 20 23 22 +36/+63 +47 +30 +20 +26 22d8 38 34
    Great Wyrm C 39d12+390 (643) 43 10 31 20 23 22 +39/+71 +49 +31 +21 +28 24d8 39 35

Deep Trench Dragon Abilities by Age
    Age Speed Initiative AC Special Abilities Caster Level SR
    Wyrmling 20 ft., swim 100-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 16 (+6 natural) touch 10, flat-footed 16 Immunity to fire and pressure, blindsense 360-ft, powerful claws, weak wings
    Very young 20 ft., swim 100-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 18 (–1 size, +9 natural) touch 9, flat-footed 18 -
    Young 20 ft., swim 100-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 21 (–1 size, +12 natural) touch 9, flat-footed 21 -
    Juvenile 20 ft., swim 100-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 24 (–1 size, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24 Tojinada Sight 1st
    Young adult 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 26 (–2 size, +18 natural), t 8, FF 26 DR 5/magic 3rd 19
    Adult 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 29 (–2 size, +21 natural), t 8, FF 29 - 5th 21
    Mature adult 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 100 ft. (clumsy) +0 32 (–2 size, +24 natural) t 8, FF 32 DR 10/magic 7th 23
    Old 20 ft., swim 200-ft, fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 33 (–4 size, +27 natural), t 6, FF 33 Transformation of the Deep 9th 24
    Very old 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 36 (–4 size, +30 natural), t 6, FF 36 DR 15/magic 11th 26
    Ancient 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 39 (–4 size, +33 natural),t 6, FF 39 Blackwater Tentacle 13th 28
    Wyrm 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 42 (–4 size, +36 natural) t 6, FF 42 DR 20/magic 15th 30
    Great wyrm 20 ft., swim 150-ft, fly 150 ft. (clumsy) +0 41 (–8 size, +39 natural) t 2, FF 41 Blood to Water 17th 32
    *Can also cast spells from the Blackwater, Ocean, and Storm domains as arcane spells.

Breath Weapon (Su): A line of superheated liquid, deals fire damage.

Powerful Claws: Deals claw damage as a dragon one size category larger. Its claws, though, are not opposable in its natural form (no fingers or thumbs)

Weak Wings: Their wings are half-way between wing and fin making them less useful in combat or agile in flight than those of most dragons. As such they deal wing damage as a dragon one size category smaller and postpone gaining wing attacks until they reach one size category larger than is normally required.

Skills: Appraise, Jump, and Swim are class skills for Deep Trench Dragons.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #968
    Firbolg in the Playground

1. Fungal
    2. Necrocarnum
    3. Victory
    4. Soulshell
    5. Amber
    6. Spellwaste
    7. Dry
    8. Solania
    9. Forgewright
    10. clockwork
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

9. - Top - End - #969

Destruction Wyrmling is listed as doing 13 damage, which is in general slightly less then Young Adults 4d6 but I do believe you mean 1d3 or some other die roll.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Halfling in the Playground

Weird idea that almost definately exists
    Elemental Dragons
    Acid Dragon
    Air Dragon
    Earth Dragon
    Electric Dragon
    Water Dragon
    Plant Dragon
    Sound Dragon
    Ice Dragon
    Last edited by weso12; 2014-08-26 at 12:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Fu Tsang Lung
    Dragon (Earth, Fire)
    Environment: Warm Mountains and Underground
    Organization: Solitary, clutch (2-5 young adults or juveniles), pair (2 adult or older), or family (1 or 2 adult or older and 2-5 young adults or younger).
    Challenge Rating: Juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Alignment: Usually True Neutral
    Advancement: Juvenile 17-18 HD; young adult 20-21 HD; adult 23-24 HD; mature adult 26-27 HD; old 29-30 HD; very old 32-33 HD; ancient 35-36 HD; wyrm 38-39 HD; great wyrm 41+ HD
    Level Adjustment: -

Fu Tsang Lung are placed in charge of the wealth hidden in the earth, keeping the flows of energy moving properly under the ground. A fu tsang lung is a volcanic dragon, a keeper of the flowing magma beneath the surface of the earth, and it is said they cause volcanic eruptions when they go up to heaven to report.

In their role of keeper of the earth they often find themselves opposing miners and even spelunking adventurers. Fu Tsang Lung make fierce opponents in combat against the ill-prepared using their numerous natural weapons and their mastery of fiery powers to lay waste to foes, preferably beginning the attack while invisible.

Fu Tsang Lung appear to be sinuous reptilian creatures with red and black scales. Antlers jut out backwards from their heads, long white manes growing back from between the antlers. They lack wings, flying through supernatural power alone.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Magma Geyser DC Frightful Presence
    Juvenile M 16d12+48 (172 hp) 25 10 17 10 13 12 16/23 23 13 10 11 - -
    Young Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 27 10 19 12 15 14 19/31 26 15 11 13 21 -
    Adult L 22d12+110 (253 hp) 29 10 21 12 15 14 22/35 30 18 13 15 26 23
    Mature Adult L 25d12+125 (287 hp) 31 10 21 14 17 16 25/39 34 19 14 17 27 25
    Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 35 10 23 14 17 16 28/48 38 22 16 19 30 27
    Very Old H 31d12+217 (418 hp) 37 10 25 16 19 18 31/52 42 24 17 21 32 29
    Ancient H 34d12+272 (493 hp) 39 10 27 16 19 18 34/56 46 27 19 23 35 31
    Wyrm H 37d12+333 (573 hp) 41 10 29 18 21 20 37/60 50 29 20 25 37 33
    Great Wyrm G 40d12+400 (660 hp) 43 10 31 18 21 20 40/68 52 32 22 27 40 35

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 26 (+16 natural) - Fly, Fire Immunity, Cold Vulnerability, Magma Breathing, Tremorsense, Volcanic Blood, Tunneling
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 28 (-1 size, +19 natural) 20 DR 5/magic
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 31 (-1 size, +22 natural) 22 Magma Spout, Metal Sense
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 34 (-1 size, +25 natural) 24 DR 10/magic
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 26 Earth Glide, Commune with Nature
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 39 (-2 size, +31 natural) 28 DR 15/magic
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 42 (-2 size, +34 natural) 30 Stone Tell, Inner Flames
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 45 (-2 size, +37 natural) 32 DR 20/magic
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), burrow 40-ft, swim 20-ft +0 46 (-4 size, +40 natural) 34 Transmute Rock to Lava, Earthquake

Special Abilities

Fu Tsang Lungs are lung dragons and have all the traits common to lung dragons.

Fly (Su): A fu tsang lung dragon has a white pearl worth 1000 GP embedded within its skull that allows it to fly.

Magma Breathing (Ex): A fu tsang lung may breathe magma as easily as air.

Tremorsense (Ex): A fu tsang lung has tremorsense out to 30-ft per age category.

Tunneling (Ex): A fu tsang lung may tunnel through solid stone, leaving behind a usable passage if it desires, at a rate of 5-ft per round.

Volcanic Blood (Su): A fu tsang lung’s blood is red hot magma. Any creature striking it in melee, except with reach weapons, takes 2d6 fire damage and takes the same damage at the end of each of their turns for 2 rounds unless they spend a full round action to scrape off the magma.

Magma Spout (Su): A fu tsang lung commands the powers of volcanic magma. 3 times per day and no more than once per minute, as a standard action, an adult fu tsang lung may call up a devastating burst of magma from the ground. This can only be used when the fu tsang lung has line of effect to the ground, or a ground floor, within 100-ft of the fu tsang lung and within a region at least theoretically volcanically active (most of the Prime would qualify, the Plane of Air, or Elysium would not). When the fu tsang lung uses this ability a geyser of magma rises up from the designated spot. This creates a cylinder of magma 100-ft high reaching up from the designated spot and 5-ft in radius. Any creature within this area takes damage as if submerged in lava (20d6 fire damage which is applied for 2 rounds after escaping) and must make a Reflex save or be caught in the geyser pushed up to 80-ft above minus 10-ft per size category above fine; on a successful Reflex save (DC is Constitution based, see table above) they are pushed aside by the magma shunting to the nearest empty square; if the creature has Evasion and succeeds their save they take no damage and are shunted aside, a creature with Improved Evasion is shunted aside (but still takes full damage) even on a failed save. A creature caught in the magma must make a Concentration check (using the damage dealt by the magma as continuous damage) at a -5 penalty to successfully perform any act that would require Concentration and must make a Fortitude or Reflex save (against the same DC) to move if they have a valid form of movement while within the lava (for a colossal creature walking would be a valid form of movement as they are not suspended). Any creature within 50-ft of this geyser not caught in it must make a Reflex save or be pelted by magma taking 2d6 damage, this damage will be inflicted for the following 2 rounds unless a full round action is used to scrape it off; this save must be made each round the magma geyser continues. This geyser lasts for 2 rounds.

Sense Metals (Su): A Fu Tsang Lung can sense nearby metal deposits. An adult fu tsang lung knows the location of all naturally occurring ore and gems within 1 mile.

Earth Glide (Su): An old or older Fu Tsang Lung may move through earth and unworked stone like an earth elemental. They may not, however, move through metal in this fashion.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Earthquake (great wyrm), Stone Tell (ancient); 1/day: Commune with Nature, Transmute Rock to Lava. Caster level: 6 + the number of age categories they have attained.

Inner Flames (Ex): An ancient or older Fu Tsang Lung is filled with the heat of their magmatic blood, causing their entire body to glow with a baleful orange. They produce heat with their mere presence and any natural weapon attack they make deals an additional 2d6 fire damage from the scalding heat. Any creature striking them with a natural weapon or unarmed strike or grappling or touching them takes 2d6 fire damage.

Skills: A Fu Tsang Lung treats Disguise, Perform, and Swim as class skills like most lung dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-26 at 12:57 AM.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Finally posted an earth elemental lung dragon even if I cheated a bit (did some wiki-ing to find mythical ones... there were li lungs and ones associated with volcanoes so I went with that) and made it Earth and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    Destruction Wyrmling is listed as doing 13 damage, which is in general slightly less then Young Adults 4d6 but I do believe you mean 1d3 or some other die roll.
    There was a problem putting its Strength in its Hit Points and everything past that shifted 1 to the left, thanks for the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by weso12 View Post
    Weird idea that almost definately exists
    Elemental Dragons
    Acid Dragon
    Air Dragon
    Earth Dragon
    Electric Dragon
    Water Dragon
    Plant Dragon
    Sound Dragon
    Ice Dragon
    Gonna have to ask for something more specific. Do you mean something like the elemental drakes in Draconomicon (except as True Dragons) where they are dragons composed almost entirely from the element? Or just strongly elementally themed dragons? The latter has probably been done, the former... well there are a few, but I've never finished my Inner Planar Dragons (got Ooze and Earth or Mineral and the others were Light, Mist, destruction of matter, and salt) and more would need to be done to finish the whole list.

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #973

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Gonna have to ask for something more specific. Do you mean something like the elemental drakes in Draconomicon (except as True Dragons) where they are dragons composed almost entirely from the element? Or just strongly elementally themed dragons? The latter has probably been done, the former... well there are a few, but I've never finished my Inner Planar Dragons (got Ooze and Earth or Mineral and the others were Light, Mist, destruction of matter, and salt) and more would need to be done to finish the whole list.
    Closer to the former thanks
    Last edited by weso12; 2014-08-26 at 02:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Zados I noticed that some of the posts linked to on the first post have broken tables, im impressed by your work but the posts take longer to get through without working tables.
    Sry, for any delays; its not my intarnet... its probobly thr fact I spend several minuts spell checing miself.

also, trilobites are awesome, no questions asked.

Sorcerer in the playground, horror to bandits and wizards alike.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrcerousflux View Post
    Zados I noticed that some of the posts linked to on the first post have broken tables, im impressed by your work but the posts take longer to get through without working tables.
    Currently in the (rather slow) process of updating them, letting people vote for which I should do first (so far only Milo has voted). It's also slowed by the fact that I'm making a base class which gets abilities based on dragons and I'm making abilities for these as I update their tables.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

More Dragon voting:

1. Racer Dragon
    2. Occulus Dragon
    3. Gorgonid Dragon
    4. Pumpkin Dragon
    5. Kraken Dragon
    6. Clockwork Dragon
    7. True Linnorm
    8. Barrow Dragon
    9. Saurian Dragon
    10. Far Spawn Dragon
    Last edited by Jester of Doom; 2014-08-27 at 07:20 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign on a spelljamming vessel disguised to look like a terrestrial zeppelin.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

The following dragons have been updated to working tables and added to Dragonsoul Acolyte:
    1. Mu Lung
    2. Fu Tsang Lung
    3. Clockwork Dragon
    4. Forgewright Dragon
    5. Deep Trench Dragon
    6. Ebony Dragon
    7. Fungal Dragon
    8. Necrocarnum Dragon
    9. Victory Dragon
    10. Soulshell Dragon
    11. Prana Dragon
    12. Solania Dragon
    13. Renewal Dragon
    14. Devesatation Dragon
    15. Dry Dragon
    16. Spellwaste Dragon
    17. Twilight Dragon
    18. Amber Dragon
    19. Hymn Dragon
    20. Diamond Dragon
    21. Spellweave Dragon

21 down, about 100 to go.

Feel free to post which ones you want updated next, epic or not. I intend to fix all the tables in the next few weeks, but it'll take some time. Chitin-skin, Dark Cloud, Custodian, and Hellfire will all be reposted when I update their tables because the first two were posted in the overcrowded OP and the other two are technically on a different thread.

I'll add the others that were voted for soon.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #978
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do you...
    1) do requests?
    2) do requests with homebrew subsystems?

I am willing to trade assistance with table conversions for requests if you're interested. And, if you're not, here's a table conversion for the Far Spawn Dragon anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence: Aura of Madness
    Wyrmling M 8d12+ (51 hp) 19 8 17 10 10 17 8/12 12 9 5 6 DC 17 DC 17 -
    Very Young L 11d12+27 (85 hp) 21 10 19 12 12 17 11/21 15 11 7 8 DC 19 DC 18 -
    Young L 14d12+36 (114 hp) 25 10 21 12 12 19 14/25 20 14 9 10 DC 22 DC 21 -
    Juvenile L 17d12+60 (157 hp) 29 12 23 14 14 21 17/30 25 16 11 12 DC 24 DC 23 -
    Young Adult H 20d12+90 (207 hp) 33 12 25 14 14 21 20/39 29 19 13 14 DC 27 DC 25 DC 25
    Adult H 23d12+105 (241 hp) 35 14 25 16 16 23 23/43 33 21 15 16 DC 28 DC 27 DC 27
    Mature Adult H 26d12+144 (300 hp) 37 14 27 18 18 25 26/47 37 24 17 19 DC 31 DC 30 DC 30
    Old G 29d12+189 (364 hp) 39 14 29 20 20 25 29/55 39 26 18 20 DC 33 DC 31 DC 31
    Very Old G 32d12+240 (435 hp) 41 16 31 22 22 27 32/59 43 29 21 24 DC 36 DC 34 DC 34
    Ancient G 35d12+297 (511 hp) 43 16 33 24 24 29 35/63 47 31 22 26 DC 38 DC 36 DC 36
    Wyrm G 38d12+360 (594 hp) 45 18 35 24 24 31 38/67 51 34 25 28 DC 41 DC 37 DC 37
    Great Wyrm C 41d12+390 (643 hp) 49 18 37 26 26 33 41/76 52 36 26 30 DC 43 DC 41 DC 41

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Psionics
    Wyrmling 30-ft, swim 30-ft -1 15 (-1 Dex, +6 natural) Stingers, Universal Energy Resistance 10, DR 5/slashing, Teleport Step - -
    Very Young 40-ft, swim 40-ft +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) Tongues, Aberrant Blood - -
    Young 40-ft, swim 40-ft +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) DR 5/magic and slashing, All-Around Vision - 1st
    Juvenile 50-ft, swim 50-ft +1 25 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +15 natural) Tongue, Aura of Madness, Universal Energy Resistance 20 - 3rd
    Young Adult 50-ft, swim 50-ft +1 27 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +18 natural) DR 10/magic and slashing, Duo-Dimensional Claws 23 5th
    Adult 60-ft, swim 60-ft +2 31 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +21 natural) Entropic Warding, Blindsight 60-ft 25 7th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, swim 60-ft +2 34 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +24 natural) DR 15/magic and slashing, Universal Energy Resistance 30 27 9th
    Old 60-ft, swim 60-ft +2 35 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +27 natural) Anticipate Teleport 29 11th
    Very Old 70-ft, swim 70-ft +3 39 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +30 natural) DR 20/magic and slashing and 5/lawful 30 13th
    Ancient 70-ft, swim 70-ft +3 42 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +33 natural) Poison, Universal Energy Resistance 40 32 15th
    Wyrm 80-ft, swim 80-ft +4 46 (-4 size, +4 Dex, +36 natural) DR 20/magic and slashing and 10/lawful 34 17th
    Great Wyrm 80-ft, swim 80-ft +4 45 (-8 size, +4 Dex, +39 natural) Maw of Chaos 36 19th

Code:
    [table="class: head alt2"]
    [tr][th]Age[/th][th]Size[/th][th]Hit Dice[/th][th]Str[/th][th]Dex[/th][th]Con[/th][th]Int[/th][th]Wis[/th][th]Cha[/th][th]BAB/Grp[/th][th]Atk[/th][th]Fort[/th][th]Ref[/th][th]Will[/th][th]Breath Weapon[/th][th]Frightful Presence:[/th][th]Aura of Madness[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]Wyrmling[/td][td]M[/td][td]8d12+ (51 hp)[/td][td]19[/td][td]8[/td][td]17[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][td]17[/td][td]8/12[/td][td]12[/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]DC 17[/td][td]DC 17[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Very Young[/td][td]L[/td][td]11d12+27 (85 hp)[/td][td]21[/td][td]10[/td][td]19[/td][td]12[/td][td]12[/td][td]17[/td][td]11/21[/td][td]15[/td][td]11[/td][td]7[/td][td]8[/td][td]DC 19[/td][td]DC 18[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Young[/td][td]L[/td][td]14d12+36 (114 hp)[/td][td]25[/td][td]10[/td][td]21[/td][td]12[/td][td]12[/td][td]19[/td][td]14/25[/td][td]20[/td][td]14[/td][td]9[/td][td]10[/td][td]DC 22[/td][td]DC 21[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Juvenile[/td][td]L[/td][td]17d12+60 (157 hp)[/td][td]29[/td][td]12[/td][td]23[/td][td]14[/td][td]14[/td][td]21[/td][td]17/30[/td][td]25[/td][td]16[/td][td]11[/td][td]12[/td][td]DC 24[/td][td]DC 23[/td][td]- [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Young Adult[/td][td]H[/td][td]20d12+90 (207 hp)[/td][td]33[/td][td]12[/td][td]25[/td][td]14[/td][td]14[/td][td]21[/td][td]20/39[/td][td]29[/td][td]19[/td][td]13[/td][td]14[/td][td]DC 27[/td][td]DC 25[/td][td]DC 25[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Adult[/td][td]H[/td][td]23d12+105 (241 hp)[/td][td]35[/td][td]14[/td][td]25[/td][td]16[/td][td]16[/td][td]23[/td][td]23/43[/td][td]33[/td][td]21[/td][td]15[/td][td]16[/td][td]DC 28[/td][td]DC 27[/td][td]DC 27[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Mature Adult[/td][td]H[/td][td]26d12+144 (300 hp)[/td][td]37[/td][td]14[/td][td]27[/td][td]18[/td][td]18[/td][td]25[/td][td]26/47[/td][td]37[/td][td]24[/td][td]17[/td][td]19[/td][td]DC 31[/td][td]DC 30[/td][td]DC 30[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Old[/td][td]G[/td][td]29d12+189 (364 hp)[/td][td]39[/td][td]14[/td][td]29[/td][td]20[/td][td]20[/td][td]25[/td][td]29/55[/td][td]39[/td][td]26[/td][td]18[/td][td]20[/td][td]DC 33[/td][td]DC 31[/td][td]DC 31[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Very Old[/td][td]G[/td][td]32d12+240 (435 hp)[/td][td]41[/td][td]16[/td][td]31[/td][td]22[/td][td]22[/td][td]27[/td][td]32/59[/td][td]43[/td][td]29[/td][td]21[/td][td]24[/td][td]DC 36[/td][td]DC 34[/td][td]DC 34[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Ancient[/td][td]G[/td][td]35d12+297 (511 hp)[/td][td]43[/td][td]16[/td][td]33[/td][td]24[/td][td]24[/td][td]29[/td][td]35/63[/td][td]47[/td][td]31[/td][td]22[/td][td]26[/td][td]DC 38[/td][td]DC 36[/td][td]DC 36[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Wyrm[/td][td]G[/td][td]38d12+360 (594 hp)[/td][td]45[/td][td]18[/td][td]35[/td][td]24[/td][td]24[/td][td]31[/td][td]38/67[/td][td]51[/td][td]34[/td][td]25[/td][td]28[/td][td]DC 41[/td][td]DC 37[/td][td]DC 37[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Great Wyrm[/td][td]C[/td][td]41d12+390 (643 hp)[/td][td]49[/td][td]18[/td][td]37[/td][td]26[/td][td]26[/td][td]33[/td][td]41/76[/td][td]52[/td][td]36[/td][td]26[/td][td]30[/td][td]DC 43[/td][td]DC 41[/td][td]DC 41[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

[table="class: head alt2"]
    [tr][th]Age[/th][th]Speed[/th][th]Init[/th][th]AC[/th][th]Special Abilities[/th][th]SR[/th][th]Psionics[/th][/tr]
    [tr][td]Wyrmling[/td][td]30-ft, swim 30-ft[/td][td]-1[/td][td]15 (-1 Dex, +6 natural)[/td][td] Stingers, Universal Energy Resistance 10, DR 5/slashing, Teleport Step[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Very Young[/td][td]40-ft, swim 40-ft[/td][td]+0[/td][td]18 (-1 size, +9 natural)[/td][td][I]Tongues[/I], Aberrant Blood[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Young[/td][td]40-ft, swim 40-ft[/td][td]+0[/td][td]21 (-1 size, +12 natural)[/td][td]DR 5/magic and slashing, All-Around Vision[/td][td]-[/td][td]1st[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Juvenile[/td][td]50-ft, swim 50-ft[/td][td]+1[/td][td]25 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +15 natural)[/td][td]Tongue, Aura of Madness, Universal Energy Resistance 20[/td][td]-[/td][td]3rd[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Young Adult[/td][td]50-ft, swim 50-ft[/td][td]+1[/td][td]27 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +18 natural)[/td][td]DR 10/magic and slashing, Duo-Dimensional Claws[/td][td]23[/td][td]5th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Adult[/td][td]60-ft, swim 60-ft[/td][td]+2[/td][td]31 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +21 natural)[/td][td][I]Entropic Warding[/i], Blindsight 60-ft[/td][td]25[/td][td]7th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Mature Adult[/td][td]60-ft, swim 60-ft[/td][td]+2[/td][td]34 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +24 natural)[/td][td]DR 15/magic and slashing, Universal Energy Resistance 30[/td][td]27[/td][td]9th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Old[/td][td]60-ft, swim 60-ft[/td][td]+2[/td][td]35 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +27 natural)[/td][td][I]Anticipate Teleport[/I][/td][td]29[/td][td]11th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Very Old[/td][td]70-ft, swim 70-ft[/td][td]+3[/td][td]39 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +30 natural)[/td][td]DR 20/magic and slashing and 5/lawful[/td][td]30[/td][td]13th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Ancient[/td][td]70-ft, swim 70-ft[/td][td]+3[/td][td]42 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +33 natural)[/td][td]Poison, Universal Energy Resistance 40[/td][td]32[/td][td]15th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Wyrm[/td][td]80-ft, swim 80-ft[/td][td]+4[/td][td]46 (-4 size, +4 Dex, +36 natural)[/td][td]DR 20/magic and slashing and 10/lawful[/td][td]34[/td][td]17th[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Great Wyrm[/td][td]80-ft, swim 80-ft[/td][td]+4[/td][td]45 (-8 size, +4 Dex, +39 natural)[/td][td][I]Maw of Chaos[/i][/td][td]36[/td][td]19th[/td][/tr]
    [/table]
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Finished the other 10 updates that were voted for. Now to go randomly update some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    Do you...
    1) do requests?
    2) do requests with homebrew subsystems?

I am willing to trade assistance with table conversions for requests if you're interested. And, if you're not, here's a table conversion for the Far Spawn Dragon anyways.
    1) Used to. Now I'm wary of saying yes (because then I feel obliged to do them), so will instead say if they interest me and I can think of a good dragon to make from them I'll do them, and I enjoy doing them, but there are no promises.
    2) I haven't; and I've turned down requests for Kellus's truenaming system before. It really would depend upon how familiar I am with the homebrew and how much it interests me, but as I'm not familiar with many of the homebrew subsystems it tends towards no.

And converting the tables is tedious more than difficult, the time is that I'm actually going back over for other editing/formatting issues (Farspawn having been a big offender with lack of spacing between abilities, table before fluff and no break between Challenge rating, environment, etc and tables) and also making abilities for a base class while I'm at it. Which is in large part a way to get me to do it despite the tedium involved (I like making things).

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Hellfire Dragon
    Dragon (Extraplanar, Evil, Lawful)
    Environment: The Nine Hells of Baator
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 5; very young 6; young 8; juvenile 11; young adult 13; adult 15; mature adult 18; old 20; very old 21; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Alignment: Always lawful evil
    Advancement: Wyrmling 8–9 HD; very young 11–12 HD; young 14–15 HD; juvenile 17–18 HD; young adult 20–21 HD; adult 23–24 HD; mature adult 26–27 HD; old 29–30 HD; very old 32–33 HD; ancient 35–36 HD; wyrm 38–39 HD; great wyrm 41+ HD.

These powerful wyrms stylize themselves as the true warriors of dragonkind, claiming descent from a now dead draconic war god they call Korkalash. Dwelling on Baator, primarily on the first layer of Avernus, these dragons are tyrannical and manipulative to match their arrogance and power. They construct great towers of green steel and black stone upon the plane, and lair atop these towers, looking out over what they consider their domain; the eldest such dragons do not even brook interference within their domains by anything less than one of the Lords of the Nine and have been known to defy even their will. One wyrm, Alla’kadar, in particular is notably unruly, the great wyrm having once led armies in assault upon Bel requiring Asmodeus to threaten intercession to force the wyrm to back down from declaring himself the Lord of the First. Another aging dragon, Tilpha'dorax, had long been a fixture of Dispater's court, but has recently vanished. The rumors I've heard says that Dispater is not pleased with this disappearance as the dragon still seems to have agents in the Iron City and is nearing his growth into a true wyrm, a thing which Dispater wanted to make certain to arrange the dragon's death before.

Hellfire dragons have several similarities with baatezu they are also called Baatezu Dragons and Pit Dragons. When born they have scales like fresh blood but by adulthood they darken to the color of dried blood. Their eyes begin as a pale green but with age they become deep viridian which shines with an inner glow. They have two large bony forward pointing horns and the fleshy membranes of their wings are a deep purple. Their breath weapon is a horrible green flame, the same in nature as Mephistopheles's diabolic hellfire, able to burn even devils to cinders.

Their natural tendency towards imperial aspirations means that although they often work with baatezu the relationship between the two races is continuously strained. They enjoy battle and conquest, and sometimes encroach onto both Acheron and Gehenna due to this love. They find something about these planes distasteful, and rarely make a permanent lair on either plane, preferring instead to claim a portal and attempt to carve out empire through it. Older drakes learn the folly of such attempts, as such portals are often temporary, and even those which last mortal lifetimes will fade before the dragon, and turn their attention more fully to the Nine Hells so it is primarily younger dragons who pursue such tasks.

For hunters I must warn these dragons are dangerous. Their breath weapon is almost irresistible, no known spells preventing hellfire's burns. They often work with baatezu so be careful of diabolic interlopers in your battle. They are not burned by flames, either those of the Prime or Hell, and are resistant to both acid and frost. If they ready themselves for melee they will cloak their form in darkness, using their ability to see through magical shadows to gain a tactical advantage, be prepared with spells to conjure forth light to banish such shadows or to see in them yourselves. If they see you truly as a threat they will lace their breath with energies to stun and stop a foe, but such a trick is something they can do but a limited number of times in a day, and should you weather it once you should be safe.

-Zasper, the Dragon Sage, Arch...

Hellfire Dragons by Age
    Age Size Hit Die (hp) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grapple Attack Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 7d12+14 (59) 17 10 15 10 11 12 +7/+10 +10 +7 +5 +5 2d6 (15) -
    Very young L 10d12+30 (95) 21 10 17 12 13 14 +10/+19 +14 +10 +7 +8 4d6 (18) -
    Young L 13d12+39 (123) 25 10 17 12 13 14 +13/+24 +19 +11 +8 +9 6d6 (19) 18
    Juvenile L 16d12+64 (168) 29 10 19 14 15 16 +16/+29 +24 +14 +10 +12 8d6 (22) 21
    Young Adult H 19d12+95 (218) 31 10 21 14 15 18 +19/+37 +27 +16 +11 +13 10d6 (24) 23
    Adult H 22d12+110 (253) 33 10 21 16 19 20 +22/+41 +31 +18 +13 +17 12d6 (26) 26
    Mature Adult H 25d12+150 (312) 33 10 23 18 19 20 +25/+44 +34 +20 +14 +18 14d6 (28) 27
    Old G 28d12+196 (378) 35 10 25 20 21 22 +28/+52 +36 +23 +16 +21 16d6 (31) 30
    Very Old G 31d12+248 (449) 37 10 27 22 23 24 +31/+56 +40 +25 +17 +23 18d6 (33) 32
    Ancient G 34d12+306 (527) 39 10 29 24 25 26 +34/+60 +44 +28 +19 +26 20d6 (36) 35
    Wyrm G 37d12+370 (610) 41 10 31 24 25 28 +37/+64 +48 +30 +20 +27 22d6 (38) 37
    Great Wyrm C 40d12+400 (660) 45 10 31 26 27 30 +40/+73 +49 +32 +22 +30 24d6 (40) 40

Age Speed Initiative AC Special Abilities SR
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 16 (+6 natural) Immunity to fire and hellfire, cold and acid resistance 10 17
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 18 (+8 natural) Charm Person, Deeper Darkvision 18
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) DR 5/magic 20
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) See Invisibility, Darkness 23
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) DR 10/magic 25
    Adult 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) Charm Monster, Stunning Breath 27
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) DR 15/magic 30
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) Wall of Evil, Greater Teleport 31
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) DR 20/magic and 5/good 33
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) Blasphemy, Power Word Stun 34
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-4 size, +35 natural) DR 20/magic and 10/good 35
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) Lash of Force 37

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A hellfire dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of hellfire which deals, obviously, the listed amount of hellfire damage. A Reflex save halves this damage.

Deeper Darkvision (Ex)
    : A very young or older hellfire dragon’s darkvision functions in magical darkness just as well as in natural darkness.

Spell-like Abilities: Caster level equals age category. 3/day: Charm Person (very young), Darkness (juvenile), Greater Teleport (old), See Invisibility (juvenile), Wall of Evil (old). 1/day: Blasphemy (ancient), Charm Monster (adult), Lash of Force (Great Wyrm), Power Word Stun (Ancient), Stunning Breath (Adult).

Skills: Bluff and Spellcraft are class skills for Hellfire Dragons.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

A(daptive) M(anipulator) Dragon
    Construct (Air, Dragonwrought, Living Construct)
    Environment: Underground.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (1 and 2-5 young).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24 - Challenge ratings represent the final confrontation with the dragon; traps it creates, encounters with its golems, and the like should reward XP as normal, with potential bonus XP due to draconic breath attacks that pepper the battles.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Evil
    Treasure: Double Standard.

Possibly the greatest piece of gnomish artifice ever performed. The Adaptive Manipulator, or AM, Dragon is a meta-dragon created not by gods, nor even the essence of half-dead deities, but by sheer mortal ingenuity. Created by a gnomish artificer to serve as a guardian for the communities, by actively changing, adapting, and manipulating the warrens to repulse attackers, something went horribly wrong. The gnomish lands of Kallibur, where these dragons were first produced, is no more. The AM dragons went rogue, and instead of protecting the gnomish settlements, conquered, enslaved, and destroyed them one by one. From there they spread forth like a virus rooting themselves into the deep places of the world, creating their own private domains where their will is the absolute will of a mad god.

AM dragons delight in nothing more than sadism. They love mortals, to an extent, trying always to lure them into their domain to keep as tortured pets and slaves, forcing them to build edifices and monuments in their honor, even as the dragon slowly breaks down these servants mentally and physically. Dangerous mortals they kill, and they take a perverse joy in doing so, preferring a complicated death trap that gives the would-be hero a false glimmer of hope before they extinguish it.

I am uncertain how AM dragons reproduce except that it appears to only need one adult, and I suspect it requires magical items. They lay clutches of two to five eggs at a time. I have seen a family working together, a parent and its four young, but believe that such things are rare due to their species wide egomania and god complex. As only one AM dragons can control the lair, and each dragon will desire to do so, such a family unit is rare. Even the young rarely stay together in a full clutch.

AM Dragons appear as spindly dragons made of black metal. Their heads are narrow and long but do not taper to a point instead ending flatly. Their eyes are two, red, glowing stones. Dragon hunters should be aware of their electrical breath, and ability to project it throughout their entire lair. Created to manipulate the lay out of gnomish warrens, the dragons are adept at modifier the caves and tunnels in which they live, using magic to change the passages and craft traps and pit falls. They are even able to create constructs to perform their will both within and outside of their lairs.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 7d10+7 (45 hp) 13 10 13 12 13 12 5/2 7 6 2 6 2d6 14 -
    Very Young M 10d10+20 (75 hp) 15 10 15 14 15 14 7/9 9 9 3 9 4d6 17 -
    Young M 13d10+26 (97 hp) 17 10 15 14 15 14 9/12 12 10 4 10 6d6 18 -
    Juvenile L 16d10+48 (136 hp) 19 10 17 16 17 16 12/21 15 13 5 13 8d6 21 -
    Young Adult L 19d10+76 (180 hp) 23 8 19 16 17 16 14/24 18 15 6 14 10d8 23 22
    Adult L 22d10+88 (209 hp) 23 10 19 18 19 18 16/27 21 17 7 17 12d6 25 25
    Mature Adult H 25d10+125 (262 hp) 25 10 21 20 21 20 18/34 23 19 8 19 14d6 27 27
    Old H 28d10+168 (322 hp) 27 10 23 22 23 22 21/38 27 22 9 22 16d6 30 30
    Very Old H 31d10+217 (387 hp) 29 10 25 22 23 22 23/41 30 24 10 23 18d6 32 31
    Ancient G 34d10+272 (459 hp) 33 10 27 24 25 24 25/49 32 27 11 26 20d6 35 34
    Wyrm G 37d10+333 (536 hp) 35 10 29 26 27 26 27/52 35 29 12 28 22d6 37 36
    Great Wyrm G 40d10+360 (580 hp) 37 10 29 28 29 28 30/56 39 31 13 31 24d6 39 39

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) Electricity Immunity, Infest, the Walls have Ears, Project Breath, Create Traps 12 -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 19 (+9 natural) Bud Constructs, Voice in the Walls 14 1st
    Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 22 (+12 natural) DR 5/magic 16 3rd
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) Shift Walls, Craft Constructs, Information Connection 19 5th
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) DR 10/magic 22 7th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) -1 30 (-1 size, +21 natural) Craft Wondrous Architecture, Whispering Wind 25 9th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) DR 15/magic and 5/adamantine 27 11th
    Old 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) Rebuke Constructs, Greater Scrying 29 13th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) -1 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) DR 20/magic and 10/adamantine 31 15th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) -1 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) Transform Bodies 33 17th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) DR 20/magic and adamantine 35 19th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 45 (-4 size, +39 natural) Wish 38 21st

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): AM Dragons have a single breath weapon, a line of electricity dealing the indicated damage (Reflex halves).

Infest (Su): An AM dragon is able to dig long, root-like tendrils into the ground. This allows it to infest an area stretching out up to 100-ft times its age category square in all directions from it. Infesting an area takes 10 minutes, and any part of the area not connected physically to the spot that the dragon is infesting are not considering infested. An AM dragon that is infesting an area cannot move, and it takes 3 rounds for it to cease infestation but this does not cost it actions during this time. A dwarf, or other creature with stonecunning, can detect such an infestation with a DC 25 search check.

The Walls have Ears: An AM dragon is able to see and hear from every wall, floor, and ceiling that it has infested. It may hear from these areas passively, but must spend a move action to form a sensor to see from. This sensor takes the form of a red eye, and can be spotted with a Spot check with the same DC as the dragon's frightful presence plus 5 (passively or actively), or a Search check with the same DC as the dragon's frightful presence (up through Juvenile this DC is the same as it breath weapon).

Project Breath (Su): As a standard action an AM dragon may form a projector from which to fire its breath weapon on any wall, floor, or ceiling that it has infested. It may release its breath weapon, or any spell it is capable of casting through this projector as if it were there. An AM dragon may only have one such projector at a time.

Create Traps (Su): By spending 10 full round actions an AM dragon can create a trap with a CR of up to its age category anywhere within its infested area. It may only create a number of traps this way equal to its Charisma modifier. While this trap is being created the Search check to find it is reduced by 10 and a successful Disable Device check (taking 1 round) at a DC 10 less than its normal DC can disable it forcing the dragon to begin building it anew.

Bud Constructs (Su): A very young or older AM dragon can create a variety of constructs as desired. This is ultimately a plot power, and the costs in both action and limits to size are left to the DM's discretion. These constructs only function within an area infested by the AM dragon, and give XP as normal (they do not count as summoned creatures, but full creatures for encounter design).

Voice from the Walls (Su): A very young or older AM dragon can speak from any wall, floor, or ceiling within the area it has infested.

Spellcasting: A very young or older AM dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the indicated level. They may select spells from the Cleric spell list and Law and Evil domains in addition to the Sorcerer spell list.

Shift Walls (Su): A juvenile or older AM dragon can redesign walls and surfaces of its infested area at a rate of 5 cubic feet per round, adding or removing walls, creating tunnels, pits, etc. This is a full round action.

Craft Construct (Ex): A juvenile AM dragon gains Craft Construct as a bonus feat and may craft constructs as an artificer of its effective sorcerer level.

Information Connection (Su): A juvenile or older AM dragon is connected to various mystical libraries through the Astral Plane. They gain a bonus to all Knowledge checks equal to their age category, and may use Legend Lore as a supernatural ability at-will (CL equals 3 times their age category), except that it takes 1 hour with mere rumors, 10 minutes with a little detail, and only 1 minute with the object at hand, by mentally searching through these storehouses of knowledge.

Craft Wondrous Architecture (Su): An adult or older AM dragon can create wondrous architecture (see Stronghold Builder's Guide) within its infested area. This architecture takes 8 hours of concentration to create per 2000 GP of its cost.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will: Greater Scrying (Old), Whispering Wind (Adult); 3/day: Wish (great wyrm).

Rebuke Constructs (Su): An Old or older AM dragon can rebuke and command constructs as a cleric of 3 times its age category rebukes and commands undead. Living constructs are considered to have turn resistance equal to their hit dice or character level against this effect.

Transform Bodies (Su): An Ancient or older AM dragon can manipulate the body of any willing or unconscious creature within its infested area. To do such requires a full round action each round for 10 minutes and functions as a Polymorph any Object spell except the effects are always permanent and cannot be dispelled within the area of the dragon's infestation.

Skills: Bluff and Disable Device are class skills for an AM dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 01:55 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Cloud Dragon:
    Dragon (Air)
    Environment: The sky (mountains)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic evil
    Advancement: Wyrmling 6–7 HD; very young 9–10 HD; young 12–13 HD; juvenile 15–16 HD; young adult 18–19 HD; adult 21–22 HD; mature adult 24–25 HD; old 27–28 HD; very old 30–31 HD; ancient 33–34 HD; wyrm 36–37 HD; great wyrm 39+ HD.

A dark cloud dragon lives its life in the air. They are hatched usually at the tops of mountains or tall towers and can fly within moments of birth. Unlike most dragons they can fly with utmost ease, even keeping it up when sleeping. Light sleepers they only half sleep more like fish (or dolphins) than men.

Physically they are of a lighter build than other dragons of their general size with thinner bodies and larger wings. Their legs, and claws, are short and stunted with ill-used muscles, but they make up for this with a un-dragon-like agility and speed. Their scales are a dull grey at birth with soft pale blue eyes but both darken as they age until they have angry storm cloud black scales and dark night blue eyes. Their heads are sharply pointed with few horns or ridges but long whisker-like hairs come from the front of their faces giving them a somewhat catfish-esque appearance. Their tales are long and narrow as they go along, and their chests are actually quite well developed in contrast with all their other muscles. They eat more than is normal for dragons of their size, spending so much time in flight putting extra drains on their metabolism, and get most of their water from clouds. They can fly faster and higher than almost any other race of dragons.

Dark Cloud Dragons by Age
    Age Size Hit Dice (hp) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha Base Attack/Grapple Attack Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon (DC) Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37) 10 13 13 10 11 10 +5/+1 +6 +5 +5 +4 2d6 (13)
    Very young M 8d12+7 (59) 12 15 15 10 11 10 +8/+9 +9 +8 +8 +6 4d6 (16)
    Young M 11d12+22 (93) 15 15 15 12 13 12 +11/+13 +13 +9 +9 +8 6d6 (17)
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133) 17 17 17 14 15 14 +14/+21 +16 +12 +12 +11 8d6 (20)
    Young adult L 17d12+68 (178) 21 19 19 14 15 14 +17/+26 +21 +14 +14 +12 10d6 (22) 20
    Adult H 20d12+100 (230) 25 21 21 16 17 16 +20/+36 +26 +17 +17 +15 12d6 (25) 23
    Mature adult H 23d12+115 (264) 27 21 21 16 17 16 +23/+39 +29 +18 +18 +16 14d6 (26) 24
    Old H 26d12+156 (325) 27 23 23 18 19 18 +26/+42 +32 +21 +21 +19 16d6 (29) 27
    Very old H 29d12+174 (362) 29 23 23 18 19 18 +29/+46 +36 +22 +22 +20 18d6 (30) 28
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432) 31 25 25 20 21 20 +32/+54 +38 +25 +25 +23 20d6 (33) 31
    Wyrm G 35d12+280 (507) 33 27 27 20 21 20 +35/+58 +42 +27 +27 +24 22d6 (35) 32
    Great wyrm G 38d12+304 (551) 35 27 27 22 23 22 +38/+62 +46 +29 +29 +27 24d6 (37) 35

Dark Cloud Dragon Abilities by Age
    Wyrmling 30 ft., fly 150 ft. (good) +1 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural) t 12 FF 13 Immunity to electricity, altitude acclimation, weaker claws, cold resistance 5
    Very young 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +2 17 (+2 Dex, +5 natural) t 12, FF 15 cold resistance 10
    Young 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +2 20 (+2 Dex, +8 natural) t 12, FF 18 cold resistance 15
    Juvenile 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +3 22 (–1 size, +3 Dex, +10 natural) t 12, FF 19 cold resistance 20 1st
    Young adult 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +4 25 (–1 size, +4 Dex, +12 natural) t 13, FF 21 DR 5/magic, cold resistance 25 3rd 19
    Adult 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +5 27 (–2 size, +5 Dex, +14 natural) t 13, FF 22 Gust of Wind, cold resistance 30 5th 21
    Mature adult 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +5 30 (–2 size, +5 Dex, +17 natural) t 13, FF 25 DR 10/magic, cold resistance 35 7th 22
    Old 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +6 33 (–2 size, +6 Dex, +19 natural) t 14, FF 27 Control Winds, cold resistance 40 9th 24
    Very old 30 ft., fly 200 ft. (good) +6 36 (–2 size, +6 Dex, +22 natural) t 14, FF 30 DR 15/magic, cold resistance 45 11th 25
    Ancient 30 ft., fly 250 ft. (good) +7 37 (–4 size, +7 Dex, +24 natural) t 13, FF 30 Summon Storm Elemental, cold resistance 50 13th 27
    Wyrm 30 ft., fly 250 ft. (good) +8 40 (–4 size, +8 Dex, +26 natural) t 14, FF 32 DR 20/magic, cold resistance 55 15th 28
    Great wyrm 30 ft., fly 250 ft. (good) +8 43 (–4 size, +8 Dex, +29 natural) t 14, FF 35 Control Weather, cold resistance 60 17th 30
    May also cast spells from the Air, Sky, and Storm domains as Arcane Spells.

Breath Weapon (Su): A dark cloud dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of electricity, dealing the listed damage with a Reflex save for half.

Weaker Claws: A dark cloud dragon’s claws are stunted and weak compared to those of other dragons and they deal damage as if they were one size category smaller.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Gust of Wind; 1/day: Control Winds, Control Weather.

Summon Storm Elemental (Sp): 1/day an ancient or older dark cloud dragon can summon 1 Greater Storm Elemental, 1d3 Huge Storm Elementals, or 1d4+1 Storm Elementals of a smaller size. This ability otherwise functions as Summon Monster IX.

Skills: Bluff, Move Silently, and Spot are class skills for dark cloud dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 10:34 AM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Chitin-Skin Dragon

Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Warm woods
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, clutch (2–5) or gathering (4-20); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, family (1–2 and 2–5 offspring) or gathering (3-7 and sometimes young).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 9; adult 11; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22
    Alignment: Always evil; usually neutral evil.
    Advancement:Wyrmling 5–6 HD; very young 8–9 HD; young 11–12 HD; juvenile 14–15 HD; young adult 17–18 HD; adult 20–21 HD; mature adult 23–24 HD; old 26–27 HD; very old 29–30 HD; ancient 32–33 HD; wyrm 35–36 HD; great wyrm 38+ HD

These dragons seem half-way between dragons and insects. Instead of scales they have chitin plates and even their wings are made of flexible pieces of chitin. They have the segmented eyes of a giant insect and down their necks range several antennae that look almost feathered, these antennae are used to pick up and detect sounds and scents. Their legs have several small openings which when opened wide can be used to project destructive sound waves, and they have six legs, the hindmost resemble those of a cricket’s and are used to propel them in mighty leaps and also by both males and females to create sub-sonic mating songs.

Unlike insects they have internal skeletons, and razor-sharp teeth. They also have long dragon-like tails and the draconis fundamentalis of true dragons. They have small horns of chitin-covered bone which emerge across their heads and similar bumps down their spines. Like most true dragons they have long serpentine necks. In total their appearance is bizarre and places them quite close to Aberrations.

When born their chitin is a bright green but over the years when it is regrown after molting it becomes a dull brown. Their eyes begin a ruby red but dull to a burning ember by full growth. They live mostly in tropical forests, having once been found throughout what is now Toyama before the Toyaman samurai hunted them to extinction within. They are capricious and cruel beings, and more unpredictable than most true dragons as they have no tendency towards law or chaos (and neutral evil is more unpredictable than either). They are cunning creatures, but lack the dominating nature of green dragons and live mostly for their own appetites. For evil dragons they were quite communal and sometimes found in groups as large as 7 adult individuals. These groupings would include only one dragon of one gender and all others would serve as its mate. Even so they were short lived as when too many children were born, or a certain mate shown too much favor they would fall on each other in cannibalistic fury. The most enduring of these groups were those in which a wyrm or great wyrm male held sway over a seraglio of lesser females (a female’s reproductive life ends during the ancient age category, where as a male’s stretches into the great wyrm category although a reduced potency).

Chitin-Skin Dragons by Age
    Age Size HD (hp) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will
    Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30) 11 10 13 10 11 10 +4/-4 +6 +5 +4 +4
    Very young S 7d12+7 (52) 13 10 13 10 11 10 +7/+4 +9 +6 +5 +5
    Young M 10d12+20 (85) 15 10 15 12 11 12 +10/+12 +12 +9 +7 +7
    Juvenile M 13d12+39 (123) 15 10 17 12 11 12 +13/+16 +16 +11 +8 +8
    Young Adult L 16d12+64 (168) 17 10 19 14 13 14 +16/+23 +18 +14 +10 +11
    Adult L 19d12+94 (218) 21 10 21 14 13 14 +19/+25 +20 +16 +11 +12
    Mature Adult H 22d12+132 (275) 25 10 23 16 15 16 +22/+37 +27 +19 +13 +15
    Old H 25d12+150 (312) 27 10 23 16 15 16 +25/+41 +31 +20 +14 +16
    Very Old H 28d12+196 (378) 29 10 25 18 17 18 +28/+45 +35 +23 +16 +19
    Ancient H 31d12+217 (418) 31 10 25 18 17 18 +31/+49 +39 +24 +17 +20
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459) 35 10 25 20 19 20 +34/+58 +42 +26 +19 +23
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+333 (573) 35 10 29 20 21 22 +37/+61 +45 +29 +20 +25

Age Category Breath Weapon Damage (electricity or sonic) Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling 2d4 or 1d6 13 -
    V. Young 4d4 or 2d6 14 -
    Young 6d4 or 3d6 17 -
    Juvenile 8d4 or 4d6 19 -
    Y. Adult 10d4 or 5d6 22 20
    Adult 12d4 or 6d6 24 21
    M. Adult 14d4 or 7d6 27 24
    Old 16d4 or 8d6 28 25
    V. Old 18d4 or 9d6 31 28
    Ancient 20d4 or 10d6 32 29
    Wyrm 22d4 or 11d6 34 32
    Great Wyrm 24d4 or 12d6 37 34

Chitin Dragon Abilities by Age
    Wyrmling 60 ft., climb 30-ft., fly 100 ft. (average) +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15 Immunity to acid, vulnerability to sonic, modified draconic senses
    Very young 60 ft., climb 30-ft., fly 100 ft. (average) +0 17 (+1 size,+6 natural) touch 11, flat-footed 17 -
    Young 60 ft., climb 40-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 19 (+9 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 19 -
    Juvenile 60 ft., climb 40-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 22 (+12 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 22 Summon Swarm
    Young adult 60 ft., climb 50-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 24 (–1 size, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24 DR 5/magic 1st 17
    Adult 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 27 (–1 size, +18 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 27 Web 3rd 18
    Mature adult 60 ft., climb 50-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 29 (–2 size, +21 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 29 DR 10/magic 5th 21
    Old 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 32 (–2 size, +24 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 32 Vermin Growth 7th 22
    Very old 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 35 (–2 size, +27 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 35 DR 15/magic 9th 23
    Ancient 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 150 ft. (poor) +0 38 (–2 size, +30 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 38 Insect plague 11th 25
    Wyrm 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy) +0 39 (–4 size,+33 natural) touch 6, flat-footed 39 DR 20/magic 13th 26
    Great wyrm 60 ft., climb 60-ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy) +0 42 (–4 size, +36 natural) Creeping Doom 15th 28

Breath Weapon (Su): Either a line of acid or an blast of sonic vibration which deals damage to all creatures within a certain range of the creature. This secondary breath weapon has a range of 5-ft as Tiny, 10-ft as Small and Medium, 15-ft as Large, 20-ft as Huge, and 25-ft as Gargantuan. Although vulnerable to most sonic attacks Chitin Skin Dragons are immune to the Sonic breath weapon of other Chitin Skin Dragons.

Spell-like Abilities: All spell-like abilities (except summon swarm) are 1/day (Sum Sw is 3/day).

Modified Dragon Senses: Unlike other dragons, a chitin-skin dragon only has Darkvision 60-ft and low-light vision (instead of double strength low-light vision); during day light it sees as well as a human instead of twice as well. In exchange it gets blindsense out to 30-ft + 30-ft per age category, blindsight out to half the range of its blindsense, and scent (although its sound based blindsight makes it vulnerable to sonic spells and attacks).

Spells: May learn and cast druid spells as if they were on the sor/wiz spell list.

Skills: Jump, Climb, Hide and Move Silently are class skills for chitin-skin dragons. They also make all jump checks as running jumps.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

With the movement of the last 2 of the original 3 dragons that started this thread to their own posts, I'd like to proudly say that all Evil dragons should have had their tables fixed at this point.

Feel free to make suggestions for new dragons to be made, and as to which should be updated next.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Custodian Dragon
    Dragon (Lawful, Extraplanar)
    Environment: Arcadia
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 5; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 18; very old 20; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 23
    Alignment: Always lawful good or lawful neutral.
    Advancement: Wyrmling 5–6 HD; very young 8–9 HD; young 11–12 HD; juvenile 14–15 HD; young adult 17–18 HD; adult 20–21 HD; mature adult 23–24 HD; old 26–27 HD; very old 29–30 HD; ancient 32–33 HD; wyrm 35–36 HD; great wyrm 38+ HD

Yet another race of planar dragons, the custodian dragons dwell on Arcadia. These creatures enforce the laws and peace of Arcadia, and bring down those who would disrupt these. This sometimes brings them into conflict with even good aligned adventurers, especially those that are also chaotic. More often they deal with those evil creatures which enter Arcadia and those other beings which intentionally disrupt the order of the plane.

They are physically powerful with the ability to loose blasts of frigid air or cones of pacification gas. They also have several other abilities with which to strike down the forces of chaos. These powers make them feared by the baatezu servants of Enyalius which insist on invading Arcadia on their way to Mount Celestia and the tanar’ri which seek continuously to destroy Arcadia. They are revered by the natives of Arcadia who respect them for their role as guardians and enforcers of the law.

They are born with pale silver and blue scales with age turning them to a metallic grey near white with deep azure blue. Their eyes are a bright shining yellow at birth but dull to a smoldering gold as they age. They have backward pointing horns, and a long frill that goes down their neck and down to the base of their tail.

Age Size Hit Die (hp) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grapple Attack Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30) 13 10 13 10 13 10 +4/-3 +7 +5 +4 +4 2d4 (13) 12
    Very young S 7d12+7 (52) 15 10 13 10 13 10 +7/+5 +10 +6 +5 +5 4d4 (14) 13
    Young M 10d12+20 (85) 17 10 15 12 15 12 +10/+13 +13 +9 +7 +8 6d4 (17) 16
    Juvenile M 13d12+26 (110) 19 10 15 12 15 12 +13/+17 +17 +10 +8 +9 8d4 (18) 17
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (152) 21 10 17 14 17 14 +16/+25 +20 +13 +10 +12 10d4 (21) 20
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199) 25 10 19 14 17 14 +19/+30 +25 +15 +11 +13 12d4 (22) 21
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253) 29 10 21 16 19 16 +22/+39 +29 +18 +13 +16 14d4 (26) 24
    Old H 25d12+125 (287) 31 10 21 16 19 16 +25/+43 +33 +19 +14 +17 16d4 (27) 25
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350) 33 10 23 18 21 18 +28/+47 +37 +22 +16 +20 18d4 (30) 28
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387) 35 10 23 18 21 18 +31/+53 +41 +23 +17 +21 20d4 (31) 29
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459) 37 10 25 20 23 20 +34/+59 +43 +26 +19 +24 22d4 (34) 32
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536) 39 10 27 20 23 20 +37/+63 +47 +28 +20 +25 24d4 (36) 33

Age Speed Initiative AC Special Abilities SR
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 16 (+2 size, +4 natural) Immunity to cold, Discern Lies 12
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 18 (+1 size, +7 natural) Tongues 14
    Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 20 (+10 natural) DR 5/magic 16
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 23 (+13 natural) Smite Chaos 18
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) DR 10/magic 20
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 28 (-1 size, +19 natural) Order's Wrath, Wall of Ice 22
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) DR 15/magic 24
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) Wall of Gear 26
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) DR 20/magic and 5/chaos 28
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 39 (-2 size, +31 natural) True Seeing 30
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) DR 20/magic and 10/chaos 32
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-8 size, +37 natural) Mass Hold Monster 34

Special Abilities
    Breath Weapon: A custodian dragon has two breath weapons. One is a line of super cold air which deals the listed amount of cold damage (Ref halves), the other is a cone of pacification gas. Any creature caught in the cone must make a Will save or be held (as per hold monster but no round by round saves) for 1d4 rounds +1 round per age category.

Discern Lies (Sp): A custodian dragon has a continuously active discern lies spell. This may be dispelled but the dragon may resume it as a standard action.

Tongues (Sp): A very young or older custodian dragon has a continuously active tongues spell. This may be dispelled but the dragon may resume it as a standard action.

Smite Chaos (Su): Once per day a juvenile or older custodian dragon can make a normal attack to deal extra damage equal to its hit dice to a chaotic creature.

True Seeing (Sp):
    An ancient or older custodian dragon has a continuously active true seeing spell. This may be dispelled but the dragon may resume it as a standard action.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Wall of Ice (Adult); 1/day: Mass Hold Monster (Great Wyrm), Order’s Wrath (Adult), Wall of Gears (Old).

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

And with that every True Dragon's table should be updated (if you find one that is not please let me know). Also check out the current Base Class Challenge to see the class I've been working on with powers for all of these dragons (chat thread here).

Feel free to bring forth suggestions as to what should be made next; I'm gonna take a break for a (good long) while before scouring the related materials for things that need tables fixed.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-02 at 03:03 PM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I always love me playing some dragons (As you well know) so if you could update the Death Dragon racial class's table that would be cool.

If you're looking for suggestions as to what new material you should make, pumping out another racial class seems challenging and easy enough (As it's just readjusting older material). Pumpkin Dragons and Peanut Dragons are pretty cool.(Though the peanut dragons header could use some work, specifically the age progression table for stats, hit dice, and breathe weapon hasn't been updated).
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2014-09-02 at 04:01 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #988

These are awesome! I'm still reading through them!
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

29. - Top - End - #989

RedKnightGirl

I only just found this, and I'm amazed by the sheer amount of effort and ideas that went into this.

This is amazing, I wish I could say I was this good at making homebrew stuff
    78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Pixie in the Playground

This is a really cool thread, I hope that it one day gets picked back up again.