Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #541
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Slaughter of the pig proceeds apace with a couple of the woodsman pitching in. One of the tall northmen notes, "we could tan the hides or salt the meat, but it takes some stuff we ain't got and some time you folk probably don't want to spend. Guess we just eat what want and cook what we can for the road."
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2011-04-12 at 06:50 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Aye, it is unfortunate we cannot take full advantage of this bounty, but there are other pressing concerns. Best to remove the remains some distance from our camp to keep away scavengers or even reckless predators."

    Nathros later suggests that the companions take the watch in turns through the night, offering to take the first, and once completed beds down.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan scratches his head and shrugs when Nathros takes first watch. "Alright, wake me up for last watch, guys. I'm going to hit the sack now, if I can manage to get any sleep..."

    Stefan removes his armor and bunks down for the night, and is quickly asleep.

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The night passes without incident, though during his watch, Brandon hears sounds of animals in the distance, probably carting off their cast-off boar parts. But nothing approaches the well-armed campsite during the night.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan rouses the crew at the end of his morning watch.

    "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey," he calls.

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    His eyes still closed, Brandon moans, "But the wheel is yellow. It's not my turn to trim the horse until the cheese is periwinkle."

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros gathers his gear to resume the march, ensuring the camp is left in good order and the fire properly extinguished.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The woodsman are as efficient and quiet about striking camp as they were about setting it up. Apparently, they are no strangers to rising early or menial labor. The short trip to the wood's edge can be made without incident (boar-related or otherwise), and according to the map, you are entering "Vanac's Woods."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Marching order please.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2011-04-16 at 09:05 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros will bring up the rear.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan follows along behind Brandon. He is armed with his sling and shield.
    Last edited by Valameer; 2011-04-18 at 08:59 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon also wields a bow. He whispers, "If we see any gobbos, let's try to shoot them as soon as we see them, so they don't give warning to the others."

    OOC: Sorry for misunderstanding Roland's post earlier. I've corrected my post.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2011-04-17 at 12:49 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne is ahead of Nathros with bow ready.

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The woodsmen gather around the horse and cart and Petrillia rides in the cart. For most of the day, travel is monotonous. Slowly picking through the forest, trying to keep to the map's directions and guide the the horse and cart along a passable path.

    Late in the afternoon, something about the sound of the woods seems different. Goblins spring out from the trees ahead and seem intent on a heedless charge, spears drawn, and grunting aggressively.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Brandon in the lead needs to make a Dexterity check of fall into a shallow pit that will take his turn to climb out of, if desired.

    Five goblins lie ahead in plain sight and approaching.

    PC's turn
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dexterity Check: (1d20)[17]


  15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon shouts in surprise as he falls into the pit.


    Spoiler
    Show
    How much damage does Bran take for falling?

  16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros springs into action, hurling his hand axe at the nearest goblin, and readying his spear, if time allows.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[4]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+1)[2]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Like sheep herded to slaughter." Jeanne draws an arrow and fires in tandem with Nathros at the nearest goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+1)[15]
    (1d6)[2]

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan calls out in surprise, then whips a sling bullet at the nearest goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    THAC0: 19 AC: 2
    Attack:(1d20)[18]
    Damage:(1d4)[3]


    Then he drops down to give Brandon a hand up out of the pit. "Bran!"

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne's arrow lands square in the face of the lead goblin and it falls the forest floor gurgling in terror. Stefan's sling bullet hits the second goblin square in the chest, but he continues charging forward even as a bloody stain on his dirty shirt chest blossoms.

    Brandon found the pit surprising but not painful, with Stefan's aid he can clamber out quickly.

    The now-bleeding goblin jabs a spear at Brandon, but the blow deflects off his armor. The goblin behind him stumbles into the pit himself a grunts in surprise.

    One goblin manages to land a blow against one of the woodsman, Markos, and the woodsman swings his axe in response and the two fall to the ground in a bloody tangle. The last one continues his advance but his attack on Devin fails.

    Devin scores a blow against the goblin near him and Petrillia holds a dagger looking for a clear line to throw it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The group is still roughly in marching order: Brandon & Stefan upfront near the pit and with a goblin in the pit.

    One goblin is entangled on the ground with Markos, both are badly injured.
    One goblin is wounded and in melee with Devin, the seeming head woodsman.

    And, of course, one goblin lies dying in the distance with Jeanne's arrow in his face.

    All individuals are sufficiently close together to be in melee this round if they desire.

    PCs turn.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2011-04-19 at 08:55 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros rushes into the fray, and attempts to cut down the nearest goblin:

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+1)[2]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Grimacing at his own folly in falling into the trap, Brandon drops his bow. He draws his sword and tries to skewer the goblin who fell into the pit.

    Spoiler
    Show


    This attack roll assumes Brandon can attack in the same round he drops his bow and draws his sword.

    Attack: (1d20+1)[9]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]


  22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon shouts in no particular direction, "Thanks, but I don't want to turn my back on this little bastard. He'll probably try to stab me if I did. Kill the rest first and then turn him into a pincushion!"

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan readies his mace and moves around the pit's edge to engage the wounded goblin.

    He puts a little jump into his charge as he swings.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit:(1d20)[2]
    Damage:(1d6)[2]

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The goblins are reckless but quick. They manage to evade all the attacks against them, even in the on in the pit and the injured on near the pit, who now face Brandon, Stefan, and two of the woodsmen.

    The bleeding goblin ducks back from the combat to claw at the sling bullet in his chest.

    Devin scores another blow with his hand axe, and the goblin before him falls to the ground, Petrillia's thrown dagger flying high over his head.

    A goblin lies dying at Devin's feet and the one on the distance gives up his attempt to pull Jeanne's arrow from his face.

    Markos and the goblin continue to struggle on the ground, but neither has much room to land a blow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    3 goblins remain:

    Stefan, Brandon, Lann, and Bran are around the pit, the wily goblin dodging around in it.

    Markos and a goblin are still wrestling on the ground, both badly wounded.

    The wounded goblin has ducked back and behind a tree but could easily be reached in this combat round.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros goes for the nearest goblin, "Somebody fleeter than I need pursue that wretch!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[4]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+1)[5]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  26. - Top - End - #566
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan glances at the retreating goblin, but hesitates before breaking off to help Markos.

    He charges at the wrestling goblin and yells "By Vanya!", hoping to draw the goblin off of the wounded man.

    Spoiler
    Show
    THAC0: 19 AC: 2
    Mace Attack:(1d20)[17]
    Damage:(1d6)[3]

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon would be breathing harder, but after fighting kobolds in the bowels of the earth, battling goblins in a mere pit under open sky does not seem so bad.

    So he grins and says, "Say your prayers, you little varmint. 'Cause I'm gonna be seeing your guts soon."

    And he attacked once again with his sword.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Brandon is going to try to put on his shield with his free hand if he can do so while attacking. If not, he'll just fight shieldless.

    Attack: (1d20+1)[19]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[9]


  28. - Top - End - #568
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne nods at Nathros' suggestion and darts out toward the vanguard. She stops suddenly and looses an arrow toward a nearby tree. Only she sees it, but the already bleeding goblin slumps lifelessly against the tree.

    Nathros himself rushes forward to help the woodsman, Markos, but his thrust misses both combatants. Markos manages to stick his axe into the side of the goblin beneath him before rolling off to clutch at his gut.

    Stefan brings his mace down atop the goblin's head and Brandon nearly cuts the creatures head clean off. It falls into the bottom of the pit instantly.

    Devin rushes to the aid of his friend Markos.

    Spoiler
    Show
    DM action for Jeanne

    All five known goblins dead. Out of combat time.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros retrieves his axe. "Let us hope that Jeanne got that last one. Not like goblins to attack in such small numbers."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon gasps for breath, then smirks as he hears Nathros' remark. He's not going to bet against elven bowcraft targeting a single fleeing goblin.

    He searches the body of the goblin lying beheaded in the pit, looking for treasure or useful (non-goblin-made) equipment, or anything of interest.

    After he's done, he calls, "Hey, someone help me out of here, please?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •