Page 26 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros readies himself to advance after Brandon, "Plenty of work to be done yet, I would wager."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Nathros readies himself to advance after Brandon, "Plenty of work to be done yet, I would wager."

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon nods pensively and silently. To the older and more experienced dwarf, he looks nervous. Just a boy, really, although he has whiskers and the muscles of an adult man. He's holding the hilt of his sword too tightly.

    Then he licks his dry lips and manages to get enough saliva in his mouth to say softly, "We'll give our comrades a bit to gather up the coin and so on, then we'll proceed."

    He frowns. "Maybe even better than mere treasure. That goblin that tried to whip you looked like an overseer. He might have had keys or a map."
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2011-06-17 at 08:49 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The goblins each have a small knife and dirty goblin clothes. The overseer also has a short sword, axe, and a belt pouch with twenty gold and fifty silver. He's dressed more like the goblin patrol in oversized but quality clothing that is cut off to fit and dirty from lack of care. He does carry a single iron key.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "I may be able to put them to sleep again if we get overwhelmed. Who's taking point?"

  5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon's eyes brighten and he nods when the iron key is discovered. Once all the bodies have been searched, he starts to cautiously move forward again.

    He quietly replies to Jeanne, "Been lucky so far, so I am."

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Talsarios, feeling that he'll be less useful in the close confines of the keep's corridors, offers to carry the light source.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He'll keep to the back of the party, and have his dagger and sling handy.

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Gregaros followed the others, walking just a few paces ahead of the torch-bearer. He kept his sword ready in his hand, the blade dipped toward the ground.

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros stalks the hall, axe in hand.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan cautiously advances with the group.

  10. - Top - End - #760
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon advances at the vanguard and travels about fifteen feet before reaching a single wooden door, worn but seemingly sturdy, closing off the passageway ahead.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros checks for murder holes in the walls and ceilings of the passage.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon checks under the door for light, then takes off his helmet and puts his ear to the door to listen for sounds.

    While he does this, he whispers to his companions, "I hope they don't put pit traps in their own keep the way they do outside. You don't think they do, do you?"

  13. - Top - End - #763
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros notices the murderholes along each wall on both sides of the passageway. Beyond the door there is light and some muffled sound of talking.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Talsarios whispers: "We should be ready to back out of this passage quickly if a fight starts - we could easily get flanked in here."

    Gregaros moves up to the door and looks it over, examining it closely for trip wires and hidden catches.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregaros searches for traps on the door:
    10% chance of Finding Traps (easy!)...
    "Find Traps" - (1d100)[31]

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne whispers, mostly to herself "Now this is enjoyable. Stalking through ancient corridors, putting arrows in goblin skulls. I'm glad I left the homeland. Other elves are so dour when hunting you'd confuse them for dwarves pounding stone."

  16. - Top - End - #766
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Gregaros finds no traps on the door, but does notice the old but well-made lock on the heavy looking door.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Drawing out a bundle of long, toothed steel rods, Gregaros sets to picking the lock.

    Talsarios snorts quietly. "Hmph! Where did you learn to do that?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregaros's open locks chance is 15% - bound to be successful...
    "Open locks" - (1d100)[48]

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan pipes up while the lock is being picked, "And if that doesn't work, we can always try the key."

    He smiles guilelessly.

  19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros worries about the murder holes, and tries to stay out of their view.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Key? Oh, yes!" Talsarios fishes the key out of his belt pouch and passes it to Gregaros. "Try that," he says.

    Gregaros glowers and fits the key quietly to the lock.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If the key feels like a good fit, Gregaros will nod to the fighter types in turn, wait till he's sure he's got their agreement, then unlock the door and step back.

    Talsarios will ready his sling and hold back.

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Gregaros' lock picks are impressive but ineffective, the key however does the trick, and he pauses with the door unlocked but closed, waiting for the others' assent.

    A few arrows begin entering the hall through the arrow slits, seemingly at random, and fortunately they don't strike anyone.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As the arrows fly, Talsarios stifles a shriek and ducks out of the hallway to the courtyard.
    Mastering himself, he hefts his sling and looks about.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the courtyard still deserted? If so, Talsarios will focus on covering the door at the end of the hall - from the outside. Otherwise, he'll tell the party they are flanked!

    Gregaros remains crouched by the door, ready when he gets the nod to throw it open.

  23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon hisses in alarm at the sudden rain of arrows. He relaxes only a little as he notices the arrows are all missing them.

    Then he grins as he sees the key unlock the door. He squares his broad shoulders and whispers, "On my mark, we open the door. Three. Two. One. Mark."

    Then he nudges the door open with his booted foot, sword and shield already in his hands.

  24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros prepares to rush in after Brandon.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  25. - Top - End - #775
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan takes cover behind his shield and gets ready to rush in behind Brandon and Nathros.

  26. - Top - End - #776
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Talasaros runs headlong back toward the entrance and manages to avoid the errant arrows.

    Brandon edges open the door to see what looks like the staging area for a small goblin army. With the door only half open, the right half of the room has maybe a dozen goblins armored and wielding spears. A half-dozen scarecrow-like dummies rest against the far wall.

    As the door opens further, it seems the other side of the room holds the same.

    At a glance the room appears to be forty feet deep and running the whole width of the keep.

    Arrows continue to pour forth irregularly through the murderholes in the entry tunnel.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "That is a lot of goblins awake and fully armed in the daytime... spells?"
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Gritting his teeth, Gregoras follows up his new cohorts and strikes out at a goblin with his sword.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregoras, Thief 1
    AC 7; HP 1, max 1; THAC0 19

    Attacking a goblin on the left of the room.
    Sword - (1d20)[13]
    Damage - (1d8)[7]


    Seeing the fighters and his friend rush in to fight the goblins, Talsarios plucks up his courage again. He dashes back through the hail of arrows to the relative shelter of the threshold, swinging his sling as he goes. He is white with fear but determined...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Talsarios, Magic-User 1
    AC 9; HP1, max 1; THAC0 19

    Attacking a goblin on the right at the far end of the room, past his fellows...
    Sling - (1d20)[16]
    Damage - (1d4)[4]

  29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Spells? Yes." Practicing her breaching tactics, Jeanne edges up to Brandon and casts sleep at the largest cluster of goblins.

  30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon, mindful of being in an enemy fortress, controls his urge to shout a battle cry and simply steps forward and chops with his sword at the nearest armed goblin.

    If possible, he aims at a big one, trying to kill the leader and break their morale.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Hit Points: 6/8.

    Attack: (1d20+1)[20]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •