New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Old Ways IC

Quietly, Talsarios mutters to Jeanne, "Looks like my spell worked - I'd better stay out of fighting this wolf in case my new chum is protective and I break the charm."
    Talsarios keeps back and tries to catch the goblin's eye with a little wave. "Look out, it's loose!" he calls, pointing at the wolf.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Stefan loads another bullet and weaves into a position to get another shot at the wolf.

"Wait, hot dog? What?"

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 2/2 AC: 2 THAC0: 19
    To hit: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Brandon cleaves a great gash into the furry beast and Stefan sticks sling bullet right into the thing's eye. It staggers back into apparent abattoir and dies.

The goblin points his cleaver at Talsarios and makes eye contact. "Run, friend! Invaders!" and with that he heads back into the room, off to the left, and out of sight.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2011-10-03 at 10:49 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Talsarios swears briefly under his breath and dives round the fight, past the wolf, and after the retreating goblin.
    "Wait!" he calls, in the goblin tongue. "Take me with you!"

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon curses and hurries after, calling, "Talsarios, wait! You'll be skewered!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Roland, into which room did the goblin butcher duck, please?

6. - Top - End - #1086

Stefan grins, "Yeah, I kinda see what the problem with that spell is."

Loading another sling bullet, he asks, "So do we go help or just let Tal handle it?"

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

"The spell will only affect that one goblin. There'll be trouble if they run into more." Jeanne readies her trident and advances at Talsarios.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros follows after Talsarios.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

9. - Top - End - #1089

Tal moves quickly around the fallen wolf and into the bloody room. The floor is tacky with dried and drying blood and the goblin seems to be headed down a stairwell in the far corner.

"Come on, friend! They killed fang!" the goblin repeated in his guttural language as he began down the stone stairwell.

Brandon, Nathros, and Jeanne follow Tal into the room of hanging parts of carcasses and bloody tabletops.

Stefan reloads his sling.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2011-10-05 at 12:52 PM.
    Forum Rules

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon huffs as he tries to follow in his armor, but when he sees the stairway he halts.

"Stop. Do we want to follow him? We'll be ambushed."

"I say we wait here and use the high ground advantage. We can get a lot of barrels and stuff and throw them down the stairs. We might be able to do a lot of damage even without Jeanne's spell."

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

"The whole place will be up in arms if we do not catch him!" Nathros gives chase.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    "The whole place will be up in arms if we do not catch him!" Nathros gives chase.
    Brandon Bor

Brandon continues trying to run after the goblin butcher. He is too out of breath to reply, but his grim expression says without words what he thinks of their chances of catching up when they are so heavily armored.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Talsarios calls to the goblin, "Stop! It was a mistake! Fang attacked them. They''re with me, I'll explain - just stop now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion skill check - (1d20)[2]

14. - Top - End - #1094

Stefan glances around at the chaos, adjusts his helmet, and moves into the room. He's still behind the others.

He takes a closer look around the room, and waits to see what happens.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Talsarios moved to the top of the stairs as the goblin descended out of sight into the darkness below. The goblin seemed to stop as Talsarios spoke, however, and called back up, "Stupid. Stupid. Don't bring others here. Fang killers."

Nathros and Jeanne follow closely, but there's too much light in the room to see into the darkness below.

Brandon and Stefan stop in the room, where Stefan spies a cooking hearth, an open pantry door in the far right corner, and a variety of meats, none of obvious human origin.
    Forum Rules

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon keeps his sword up while he looks around and into the pantry for any doors the goblin butcher might escape through.

If he sees none, he lets Talsarios overtake him so he can talk to the butcher. Otherwise, he prevents the magic-user from making a target of himself.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2011-10-06 at 10:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Stefan whispers harshly to Talsarios, "Scare us away with a spell!" He motions with his head to the others, then winks at the magic user. "Now's yer chance."

Stefan raises his shield towards Talsarios, feigning hostility.
    Last edited by Valameer; 2011-10-06 at 10:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

"No matter, goblin firned, I shall banish them with my magics."
    Standing up straight and raising his arms, Talsarios intones deeply: "Partyos leavos, pursueos in stealthitato, rescuos iffum necessitato!" - and gesturing wildly at the party, he exclaims "Back, minions of Law!" in both the common and goblin tongues.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros looks confused, then tries his best to follow through with the play-acting.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Stefan gasps, with a look of complete terror coming over him. He cowers behind his shield momentarily before making a mad dash for the door. He runs away as fast as he can. "Save yourselves!" he cries, though he snorts oddly when he tries to get the words out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once he's out of earshot he turns around, out of breath and doubling over laughing. He tries to speak, but gets caught in another fit of laughter, shaking his head.

21. - Top - End - #1101

"Good work," the goblin says, still waiting in the dark below, "we should report to the King. C'mon."
    Forum Rules

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hold on - I can't see in the dark. Tell me the right way to go to get to the king, so I don't get lost."
    Talsarios gets out his notebook and quickly sketches in the kitchen above and starts a new page - hopefully to record the goblin's directions...

23. - Top - End - #1103

"Down here. Straight back. Bossman in the big room," the goblin hollered up the stairs. He didn't sound like he was moving as he spoke, but only the sound of his voice emerged from the darkness.
    Forum Rules

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon couldn't take it any longer. He hissed to Talsarios, "What is he saying?"

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

In the common tongue - as though forgetting himself - Talsarios asks:
    "What, the King's just along the passage at the bottom of the stairs?" and he points in what he assumes is the right direction, before "correcting himself" in the goblin tongue:
    "Oh sorry, my little green friend, I forgot: Do you mean that the King is down there on the same level you are, and along the passage way in the big room? Are there lots of other rooms, too? I hope I don't get lost."
    While he speaks, the scholar notes down what the goblin has said, and his reply, positioning himself so that perhaps his fellows might read the notes from their hiding places.
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2011-10-09 at 12:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeanne hangs back and shoots a confused look back at Nathros. "This is ridiculous.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrown View Post
    Jeanne hangs back and shoots a confused look back at Nathros. "This is ridiculous.
    Brandon Bor

Brandon grins and snarks quietly to Jeanne, "I don't think dignity is in the job description for adventurers anywhere."

28. - Top - End - #1108

"Straight ahead and down the stairs," with that, he seems to be moving away. "Are you coming or not? The boss is going to be really mad about Fang. Fang's the best hunter."
    Forum Rules

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, wait, wait! Don't go - I need to strike a light. I got rid of those intruders for us, anyway." Talsarios fumbles around with his flint and steel for a while, stalling for time as his lantern is already lit...
    While he does so, he whispers the goblin's directions in the common tongue to his lurking companions.
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2011-10-10 at 05:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon looks quite frustrated. After a moment of helpless dithering, he quietly tells Talsarios, "Ask him if this is the only way to the King. Tell him you're afraid of the dark and would prefer a better-lit path to the King. And also ask him how many goblins there still are. A cook would know."

After saying that, quietly as he can, he starts to look for large wooden articles he can maneuver to the top of the stairs, where they may be rolled or thrown down on any goblin attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roland, how close is the abbatoir to the top of the stairs? And the abbatoir is a different room than the one with the pantry and fireplace, right?

Are there large barrels and tables in either room? The barrels are ideal for rolling down the stairs, and a big table would make an ideal barricade.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2011-10-11 at 11:10 AM.