Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan Reinhardt

    Was... that it?, Stefan asks hopefully as he looks around the room. Everything seems quiet now. That almost seems too easy. Or do you think there's more down there?
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2010-10-15 at 02:40 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon swung his sword around a bit wildly as he tried to find other bugs, and then slowly lowered the blade. He vaguely noticed that his hand was clenched very tightly around the hilt, so much that his fingers ached. His breathing was hard and fast, but fortunately through his nose and not his mouth, due to hours of training.

    He absently told Sid, "You asked me something?"

    Then he blinked and went to pick up his bow before he forgot entirely that he had dropped it here, hanging it behind his back and hoisting his shield in his right hand. Only then did he return to the pit from which the glowing bugs had emerged.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros peers into the pit. "Two down..."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid hesitated a beat, wondering if any more giant bugs would appear. When they didn't, he let loose a sigh of relief, then rushed over to pick up his torch, before it lit something. He grabbed his sword, too, and switched weapons again. At the pit again, he held his hands up placatingly at Brandon. "Hey, I was just messing with you, pal. You okay?" While waiting for an answer, he checked out the bodies of the beetles, poking them with his sword, just to be sure they were dead. After that, he'd check out the pit.

    O. O. C. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Awareness ---> (1d20+1)[19]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon panted and looked blankly at Sid.

    "What? No, I was just asking... what you said. I was... distracted."

    Brandon never sounded particularly smart at the best of times, but right now, in the aftermath of battle when his blood still churned with excitement, he sounded even thicker than he usually did.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    "Huh? Oh. It was nothing important. Yeah, I can see why you were distracted." He poked one of the beetle's eyes, causing it to pop. "Ugly little things, huh? Hey, I think you got some on you, buddy." After laughing and pointing out some ichor on Brandon's armour, he smirked and reassured him with a wave to the west, "But you did a good job! Me, I was so scared, I had to run way over there!"
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon looked down on his armored self. "Goodness, I think you're right."

    He turned towards Nathros and Jeanne. "Hey, you can see in the dark, can't you? Do you see any more of 'em bugs we need to squish?"

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "I can see heat. Carefully cut off one of the beetle's light sacs and kindly put out that torch so you don't blind me. If anyone has any rope, please tie it around my waste."

    With or without rope, Jeanne shifts to the infrared spectrum and carefully slides down the hole.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The pit is roughly eight to ten feet deep and no other beetles can be seen within, nor anything else, though the west wall of the pit does have an opening just large enough for a human - or giant beetle - to crawl through. The opening is uneven, and to Jeanne natural, as opposed to the rest of the mill's construction, which seems carefully measured and constructed.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros says, "Perhaps we ought to ensure there are no further creatures above before we venture below?"
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne crawls out of the pit. "Everything's clear down here. Seems the beetles bore their way through the earth to gain access to whatever is on the other side of this wall, here. There's enough room for us to fit through one-by-one."

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon peered into the darkness of the pit and listened to Jeanne's explanation. He didn't look too happy, but he nodded gratefully to what Nathros said.

    "Yeah, I guess we should check around first to make sure there are no more bugs."

    But before he did that, he crouched beside a dead bug and tried to dissect the creature and remove one of its glowing organs to see if they would remain lit even after separation.

    "I hope this works. I'm not keen on going into that tunnel with a torch held between my teeth."

    OOC: May I ask how much light a bug's glowing organs give?

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    When Jeanne pointed out the tunnel, Sid's eyebrows vaulted with interest. "Hey! That'd be a great place to hide out! I wonder where it goes?" At the idea of checking things out before going down, he sighed impatiently and started marching around the room, at least pretending to look around. He brightened, though, when he came to the wall that Jeanne had said was false. He searched around for some hidden door or something, thinking, Secret doors are good, too, though! Oh, but Bost'll be taking this place, once we're done clearing it out. Ah, but maybe the information will still be good.

    O. O. C. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Awareness ---> (1d20+1)[5] I'm not sure if this would be applicable for looking for secret door type things, but ---> Detect Traps (ten percent chance of working) ---> (1d100)[34] Also, tell me if I'm rolling too much.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "There's nothing else but this one room and whatever lies on the other side of that wall. According to Mr. Bost, his servants saw three glowing lights meaning one more beetle likely lives. Shall you lead the way through the pit, Mr. Bor? You're the hardiest among us, I believe."

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon raised an eyebrow and grinned bashfully at the oddly formal way Jeanne had addressed him. Mr. Bor was his father, or at most his eldest brother.

    He puffed out his broad and deep chest and said casually, "I guess I should."

    "Someone hold my shield and bow and sword for me, please? I might not fit wearing 'em. It'll be hard enough to crawl through in my armor."

    He removed the articles mentioned, drew his dagger, and prepared himself to enter the dark bug-manufactured tunnel.

    OOC: Still awaiting ruling on the bug illumination organs.

    If the bug's organs do not stay lit or provide enough light to see by, Brandon will light another torch from his own supplies.
    He then lowered himself into the pit and began to crawl into the tunnel, dagger in his dominant left hand and light source in his free right hand.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Take your time," says Nathros to Bors, and heads over to the east wall to search for a secret door.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2010-10-17 at 06:55 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros finds a section of the wall that clearly moves in some fashion, the otherwise solid wood panels show gaps around the subtle door.

    Brandon finds the tunnel passable, though crawling dislodges some dirt above and below. There's little room to maneuver and no light ahead to help judge how far the tunnel goes. After working his way well into the tunnel, his glowing light reveals movement ahead, and in an instant, a beetle head, seeming much larger in the tiny tunnel, approaches.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon did not seem very interested in fighting the bug by himself with just a dagger.

    He backed up pronto while yelling as loudly as he could, "Found one! Trying to lead it to you!"

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne readies her bow, firing at anything that pops up (that's not Brandon, of course).

    Spoiler
    Show

    attack - (1d20+1)[2] vs. THAC0 19
    damage - (1d6)[2]

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Another one?" Nathros leaves his investigation and heads swiftly over to the pit, and if he sees it leaps down onto the back of the beetle seeking to drive his short bladed sword between the plates of its chitinous carapace.

    Spoiler
    Show

    THAC0: 19
    Attack: (1d20+1)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Since Sid missed the secret door, he, "Hmph!"ed, when Nathros did, although he also grudgingly uttered, "Huh. Not bad."

    Seeing that Brandon was headed into the tunnel, even though he was one of the ones that had wanted to investigate above, first, he raised an eyebrow in confusion but, excited about finding something more interesting than giant bugs, he stayed near the revealed door.

    When Brandon called out for help and Nathros left, he frowned, not wanting to perhaps expose the group to a pronged attack. He encouraged the Dwarf with an urgent, "Go get him! I'll watch this!" If Brandon and the bug pop back out of the tunnel, he'll shoot at the bug. Either way, he'll poke his head around the secret door.

    O. O. C. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack (if possible) ---> (1d20+2)[21] Damage ---> (1d6)[5]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon finds it more difficult to to move backwards through the tunnel and the bug is on him before he reaches the exit. It snaps ineffectively and then Brandon is back into the pit where he can stand up.

    Jeanne fires as the beetle first shows its head but misses wide, her arrow striking the wall of the pit. Nathros jumps onto the back of the beast, but his blade catches a solid piece of chitin and is deflected away.

    Sid guards the potential hidden door and is unable to see into the pit from that vantage point.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid growled, then ducked into the secret room. He tried putting the situation in the other room out of his mind as he checked the place, primarily for other hidden threats. It's just another big bug. We handled the other two easy enough. I gotta see what's in here!

    O. O. C. --->
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Awareness ---> (1d20+1)[20]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan Reinhardt

    If possible, Stefan tries to land yet another sling stone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    THAC0 19, (1d20)[5], damage (1d4)[2]

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon panted as he stabbed at the glowing bug with his dagger.

    "Uh, someone hand me my sword, please?"


    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+1)[21]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]


  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "But you're doing fine with that dagger." Jeanne sends another arrow the bug's way.

    Spoiler
    Show

    attack - (1d20+1)[10] vs. THAC0 19
    damage - (1d6)[2]

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Unperturbed, Nathros continues his attack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    THAC0: 19
    Attack: (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Jeanne and Stefan watch their missiles go wide again, but Brandon cuts a wide gash across the bug's head and Nathros' blade finds a soft spot between pieces of carapace. Nathros rides the beetle to the ground as it slumps in death.

    Sid takes in the room quickly. As expected it's a long room, about ten feet wide that runs along the east side of the building. Two boarded up windows and the normal door at the far end would normally have provided good working light in the room. It seems like an office or maybe a craftsman's room - or both. Solidly built tables sit between the windows a comfortable working height. The north end contains more of a desk area, complete with a chair and under-desk cabinet. All made of wood, of course. Sid's keen eye spots a trapdoor under the southmost window, visible by the way the dust has settled around it.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-10-18 at 02:34 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Once the beetle was dead, Brandon allowed himself to cough out some of the dust he had inhaled in the narrow tunnel. The well-favored young man in shining armor who had left Lord Bost's manor only an hour earlier was now covered in dirt and sweat and bug.

    "It crawled at me. It was going to bite my face off. Sure glad I was able to get out of that tunnel."

    "There were only three of them, right?"

    Then he coughed some more.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Finding no other threats in the secret room, Sid bounded back out and whooshed a sigh of relief, when he saw that Brandon was okay. "Phew! I should have known that you could handle that! Anyway, I found some interesting stuff, in here. Probably some stuff that Bost might want back... A trapdoor... It'll probably keep, if we wanna check out the tunnel first, I guess."
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •