New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #1591
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Old Ways IC

Mycah listens as first Lord Bost, then the alluring Lady Aleena explain the new job. He tries to stay focused on her words, but perhaps his immaturity shows as his gaze drifts away from her face and lingers on the curves of her body, accentuated by the form-fitting armor.
    Why doesn't Ash were armor like that, he thinks to himself.
    As she finishes, and the others begin to accept, his thoughts snap back to the task at hand. Mycah hadn't yet joined the group when they cleared the mill, but he had since heard about what had happened from his friends at the lumber camp. He wasn't so sure about being underground either, but if the others were willing, he wouldn't back down.
    "I'll be glad to lend my help Sir, My Lady. Thank you for having faith in me."

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Ogre in the Playground

ASHALA

"You know my answer, m'lord, m'lady. As always, I am at your command." Ash humbly and assertively accepts the request for their aid.

Ash does not seem at all intimidated by another female in armor, nor by her curvy nature. Her manners are about her as she pledges herself, not unlike how a knight would.

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Ogre in the Playground

Talsarios nods and bows shortly. "I will do my best, Lord, Lady."

4. - Top - End - #1594
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Lord Bost rises, "Very well then, best to be about it promptly then, in case those poor souls lie injured or captive under the earth." He gestures to the door, "Good luck.

"Head west out of town along the slight trail. You'll come to a massive hill and our worker encampment. Ms. Nightengale will meet you there with anything she's gleaned from the workers. I do not know who the leader of your band is, but the Church entrusts her to your care.

May the Immortals protect you."
    Aleena offers as she rises herself. She whispers something to Lord Bost before bowing slightly and departing promptly.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

5. - Top - End - #1595
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros awaits his companions, and leaves with them in order to consult over preparations. At some point he returns to the inn, stows his mail armour there and collects his new plated mail.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

6. - Top - End - #1596

The morning is still gray and drizzly. A score of workers huddle inside their tents at the base of the large hill. Many discussing whether to just return to Threshold, whether their job will continue or be abandoned, and pretty much anything other than the fate of their two lost fellows.

Nearby a large canopy tent provides shelter for the Adept, Alanna Nightengale, and the camp's two guards, both of whom arrived last evening.

The hill is large, easily as big as the one on which Lord Bost's manor is built. Wide and tall, significantly taller than the surrounding hills, it seems the perfect location for a watch tower. One who'd previously been atop a tower could easily imagine being able to see all the way back to town as well as far out into the western hills.
    Forum Rules

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros chuckles, "Not much comfort to be had from hereon out, I hope you had your fill in Threshold, Mycah!" Nathros trudges towards the large canopy tent, but waits for others to take the lead. If any workers make eye contact, a curt nod from the dwarf is their reward.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

8. - Top - End - #1598

RangerGuy

Mycah chuckles at Nathros' comment. "To be honest, my friend, I think I'm more comfortable out here after all." He eyes the looming hill and the wet, sad encampment. "I'll let you know if that's still true by tonight."

The young scout scans the camp as they walk through, looking for anyone he recognizes, hoping to gather a bit more information on what happened.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

9. - Top - End - #1599
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the party gets closer and closer, Alanna struggles with the decision of whether or not to greet them herself. Finally, as they approach her tent and a young man, even younger than herself, walks out in front of the rest, she walks forward to meet him.
    "Hi! I'm Alanna!" she calls out. "I'm a cleric and I think you guys came for Dirk and Max? They're the guys who got stuck."
    She smiles jovially at the group, awaiting their response.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1600
    Ogre in the Playground

The young Thyatian scholar Talsarios smiles (or rather, stops moping briefly) and waves perfunctorily at the cleric's greeting. He seems shy, or embarrassed about something. The drizzle drips desponently from his travelling clothes.

11. - Top - End - #1601

Mycah sees no one but Alanna and the guards. Others are hiding away in tents, he'd suspect maybe a score of workers from Threshold. Not that he would have recognized anyone anyway. Though probably residents of Threshold, these are not Bost's people.

A few peek out of tent flaps briefly before retreating to report to others. One returns Nathros' nod before disappearing.
    Forum Rules

12. - Top - End - #1602
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros acknowledges Alanna, "Aye, Lord Bost has set us the task of finding your two lost sheep. I am Nathros, and these others are Mycah, Brandon, Talsarios and Ashla. Point us in the direction of the trouble and we will see what treatment need be prescribed."

13. - Top - End - #1603
    Ogre in the Playground

Talsarios shrugs off his pack and stoops to rummage therein, removing a tinderbox and lantern and a flask of oil, shielding the various parts fro mthe dank weather with his cloak. He fill the lantern as Nathros makes the introductions, and nods and raises his hand when his name in mentioned.

"Did anyone bring any rope?" he mutters, hardly looking up.

14. - Top - End - #1604

RangerGuy

As Nathros points him out to the young cleric, Mycah nods and smiles when she looks at him. "Hello Alanna, I'm Mycah, nice to meet you. We'll do what we can to find your missing people. Don't worry, I'm sure they're fine. Probably just got stuck someplace."
    He looks around for the two guardsmen. "How far is this cavern? Has anyone else tried to go inside yet or are you just keeping everyone away?"

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

15. - Top - End - #1605
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon's mood seems as gloomy as the rainy weather. He nods to Alanna the cleric.

When Mycah asks questions of the guardsmen, Bran pipes up.

"Yes, who can we talk to who knows the most about the cavern and can maybe draw us a map of what has already been explored?"

16. - Top - End - #1606
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash nods as her name is mentioned. She's fully donned her plate mail and she stands at-ease as the rest of her group sorts out their approach.
    The direction of her helmet gazes off to the direction of the entrance to where the men were lost. She seems a little anxious to get in there, but she manages some patience.

"Would anyone wish to carry a flask of the burning oil? I recall it was in demand the last time."

Then she remembers her manners and reaches out her hand to shake Alanna's, "Ash. Pleased to meet you, Alanna."

17. - Top - End - #1607

Alanna feels giddy inside, but she tries to keep her composure externally. Shaking hands, she greets each member of the party individually.
    "Hi, Nathros, Brandon, Mycah, Talsarios, and Ash!," she says. Gesturing appropriately, she answers their questions the best she can. "Um... the cavern is over there, and nobody's gone inside. I thought of doing it, but Derreck there says it's too dangerous. After all, Dirk and Max knew what they were doing, and they still got stuck."
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1608
    Ogre in the Playground

"Stuck?" Talsarios asks as he stands up with his lit lantern. "Are your missing workfolk just stuck? I thought this was a task for adventurers..."
    He seems disappointed, but sighs and shrugs. "Let's get on with it then."

19. - Top - End - #1609

"Not stuck - gone," the guard clarifies.

"One second theyz headed in with torches and the next theyz gone. Not that anyone was watchin' close. But they did holler after and no answer. Or so they say."
    Forum Rules

20. - Top - End - #1610
    Ogre in the Playground

Alastor Talsarios

"Right, that makes more sense," the Thyatian scholar decides.
    "Come on then, show us where we're going," he adds - breaking off abruptly to look round at his fellows and sheepishly enquire: "Of course, if that's what we all think is best..?"

21. - Top - End - #1611
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros nods his assent and makes ready to follow. He tries his best to avoid looking at Ash when she mentions the flasks and mutters something about "beards being flammable" under his breath.

22. - Top - End - #1612

RangerGuy

"It is what we came her to do. I agree - Let's see this cave and get on with it. the longer we wait, the less chance of finding them safe." Mycah wriggles back into the pack he had set down while they talked and, picking up his staff, indicates he's ready when they are.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

23. - Top - End - #1613
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash nods and takes a few steps onward as Talsarios talks about getting going. She smirks behind her visor when she hears Nathros muttering. She'll be first or second in line as they press on together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC13 (to see if there are any signs of reason for the disappearance of their two men): (1d20)[8]

24. - Top - End - #1614
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon looks somber. "So this isn't just an exploration adventure, it's also a rescue mission."

He does not speak about his lack of much hope that the missing miners are still alive, but his face says it for him.

25. - Top - End - #1615

"Twas covered a bit with growth, but that's been cleared away," the guard says, "You can see it up there just to the left," and he points to a spot about halfway up the hill and off to the left (north) side.

A dark spot, with a bit of gray stone, can be seen where he points, a light contrast to the generally rich, green growth on this hill. The hill's slope is relatively gentle, permitting a walk up the hill rather than requiring a climb.
    Forum Rules

26. - Top - End - #1616

Alanna steps out of her tent, holding the pack that contains everything she brought with her. She thanks the guards for providing a tent for her. When she's done, she walks over to where the rest of the group is standing.
    "All right, then," she says, "are we ready to go?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1617
    Titan in the Playground

"It would seem so. Although a hot meal and a draft of beer would be preferable at journey's end, there is no doubt that crawling about in the darkened bowels of mother earth is the next best thing." Nathros gives a cheery wink, "Let us be about it then, the sooner we get this done the better."

28. - Top - End - #1618
    Ogre in the Playground

Climbing up to the indicated entrance, Talsarios shines his lantern into the hole, keeping to one side so as to let the other pass if they wish.
    "So, do we have any rope?" he asks, again. "I imagine we shall need some at some point in a cavern."
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2012-04-26 at 05:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1619

RangerGuy

Mycah examines the cavern mouth, a look of distaste upon his sun-tanned face. "Do all of your explorations end up underground somehow? I don't know how your people stand it Nathros - no sun at all." He shudders and glances up at the golden orb in the sky above.

"Well, best to just get it done. I have some rope, and iron spikes too, Talsarios. Use them up in the trees mostly. So... Who goes first?"

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

30. - Top - End - #1620
    Ogre in the Playground

ASHALA

Upon reaching her destination and without hesitation, Ash walks right up to and through the cavern entrance into the dark unknown.

"Try to keep up with the light if you can."

She has her bow string wrapped over her breastplate while the wooden end of it rests over her shoulder and under her pack. She has her sword and shield at the ready for tight quarters.