Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1237525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #1831
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central NY, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Mycah doesn't resist as he his dragged to (relative) safety...

    Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

  2. - Top - End - #1832
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Stuff the bloody rope!" Talsarios mutters, hearing the call from the tunnel beyond. Cracking his knuckles and beginning his arcane motions, he calls out: "Retreat! I'll handle them! Don't get caught in the blast!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    When he can see all of the party - excluding Mycah, who he knows is already unconscious - Talsarios will cast Sleep in the tunnel, at a point centred 20 feet further along from the alcove where the tentacle monster appeared.
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2012-06-08 at 04:31 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #1833
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The front line retreats with Nathros dragging Mycah by his collar like Brandon had seen his mother scruff a cat and haul it to the doorway. Alanna finds herself driven back by the wave of armored figures, and only Talsarios runs against the tide. He squeezes by and stops at the edge of Alanna's retreating torchlight.

    With an incantation, he directs magical energies to a point he quickly calculates to be most effective.

    The party ends at the entrance to the main chamber on this level, with Talsarios roughly 30' down the path.

    ---
    The hillside cave seemed stable enough, but the only exit, other than the one he entered through, seemed to be this rough hewn tunnel into tightly packed earth. It headed down at a steep, but probably passable angle. It would be dirty work, and he'd have to crawl, but this was the best lead he'd seen all day on his prey.

    As Artanis considered, the sounds of people shouting came from below. He couldn't pick out any words specifically, but it sounded urgent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooh, this'll be exciting. Tie for initiative. Go ahead and post you're doings and I'll sort it out.

    Talsarios' spell was successfully cast, though whether it reached any foes isn't immediately apparent to him.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-08 at 11:48 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  4. - Top - End - #1834
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon listens with half an ear as Talsarios' spell comes to its conclusion and he declaims the final magic word.

    Then he listens some more. "Can anyone hear them? Some of us should go and check if they were caught and now sleep."

    He winces from his wound, though, a serious and life-threatening one. "Not me, though, unless we have no better choice."

    "Could you aid me, cleric?"
    He asks Alanna.

  5. - Top - End - #1835
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As Artanis listens to the urgent shouts, he grudgingly looks towards the tracks of his quarry that he had been following in silence and raises his head towards the shouts. If I hurry I can be upon my prey before the day is out but... He once again looks at the tracks and raises his head to the unintelligible shouts and decides on a painful choice. I cannot leave people who are in need! Not again! Never again! My vengeance shall be sated at a later date and in full! He gently touches the hilt of his greatsword slung across his back and abandons all of his previous pretenses of stealth and charges towards the source of the voices. He shouts loudly in the direction of the voices: Is anyone down there?
    If it is too late I shall have failed to redeem myself with Solahel. No, I must not fail! Solahel shall drink deeply if there are foes to be found that oppress the weak! Before any reply reaches him, if any, he begins to crawl through the tunnel as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-09 at 11:01 AM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  6. - Top - End - #1836
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ash will hope that Alanna's skill is good enough to help Brandon's wound stop bleeding.

    Ash sheaths her sword and shield.
    As far as her wound goes, she'll break off the feathered end of the arrow shaft.

    She feels it's urgent she return to the fray - and forget about her wound for now - so she may safeguard Talsarios back after he heroically entered the tunnel alone to cast his spell. But, just in case she wasn't enough aid...
    "Nathros, with me!"

    Then she'll take her bow off her shoulders and draw an arrow as she darts back into the tunnel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's no time to do the other things I said, then she wont break the arrow shaft. I just threw that in for character action-flavour.

    If Talsarios is already safely heading back by the time she's drawing her bow to head in, she'll just be alert to any followers and guard the entrance (on the safe side) while the party regroups. She'll try to be ready to shoot at anything else that tries to move in at them through the tunnel, but I know there won't be enough actions(time) left for that with my re-equipping and all.

    Alertness for the status of the enemies and if they approach.
    DC 13: (1d20)[15]

  7. - Top - End - #1837
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros moves far enough forward to shield Talsarios, and ushers him back towards the party.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  8. - Top - End - #1838
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As he lets the fighters pass, Talsarios whispers, "Careful now - that tentacled thing won't have been affected, if I'm any judge."

  9. - Top - End - #1839
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna glances at the paralyzed young scout, Mycah, unceremoniously dropped just inside the room and then at the young fighter with his arrow wound bleeding all over his armor. Alanna hands off her torch to Brandon and begins to tend to his wound. {dm action} She manages to work the arrow free, but painfully so.

    Talsarios stands next to his lantern in the middle of the tunnel as Ash and Nathros move in front of him, the dwarf clearly intent on ushering Talsarios back to the main cavern.

    Ash turns her attention toward the tunnel ahead, holding her bow at the ready. No sign of the great worm and its waving tentacles, but there was some hollering from up ahead.

    Artanis crawled his way through the tunnel off dirt, though fairly well-packed. His infravision showed him the way, though he had no option but to go straight ahead. Down at a angle just shallow enough to prevent one from falling, the shaft could probably be crawled through in either direction. As he approached the dot of light at the far end, that's exactly what happened. A head poked into the hole and began moving toward him, filling the tight tunnel ahead. Twenty-feet ahead of the elf, his exit was being blocked. It didn't seem that the human was aware of him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Still in combat rounds.

    Another Initiative tie!
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-10 at 06:21 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  10. - Top - End - #1840
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis, sensing his very vulnerable position while in the tunnel, erred on the side of caution and began to sneak as best as he could towards the human that was moving towards him. If they are foe, I shan't be caught by them easily and I shall avenge those they have wronged. If they are friend they shall understand my reasons for silence. Seeing as he was unable to move around, much less draw a weapon, he kept the words for a bolt of his magical fury on his lips, ready to unleash upon some unholy creature. He decided that if the human continued towards him, he would warn the newcomer off with the flowing words of his elven kin. If they appeared to have hostile intent, he would loose the spell that would strike true against them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak indoors/caves (1d20+1)[2] EDIT: whoops it's actually 1, I forgot that it's just the roll.
    If the human, most likely Ash, comes closer here's the phrase in Elven: Avel niemel sikki mor hiedoso welsa, op avel inorum nekra. A sword unseen is no less sharp than a sword held openly, or one in a sheath.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-10 at 08:46 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  11. - Top - End - #1841
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    If Ashala is up for it, Nathros heads forward cautiously to ascertain the results of the spell.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  12. - Top - End - #1842
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    That's no good. A botched heal check actually inflicts [roll0] damage.
    Brandon Bor

    Ashala and Nathros can hear Brandon suddenly shout in outrage behind them, "Ow! That hurt! What did you do that for?"

  13. - Top - End - #1843
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ashala gives Nathros a nod, but proceeds extremely cautiously. She does not seem to want to go far, at any rate. Especially in such dim lighting.

    If there are shouts of aggression, she'll try to count how many voices she thinks she hears. She's also trying to see if she can find any bodies affected under Talsarios' spell. They should dispatch them quickly before they wake.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC 13: (1d20)[3]


    If there are words spoken in a friendly manner, as a potential ally, she will stay her arrow, while keeping it trained toward the one who spoke. She would question them with limited patience and she'd have suspicion of false words meant to keep her off guard, "Give me a reason to trust you. - Who are you?"

    If they aim a ranged weapon or if they speak magic *at* her or Nathros, she'll fire a shot. If there's more than two conscious humanoids or any sort of beast, she'll run back into the tunnel with Nathros and Talsarios, and back toward the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 9/11
    AC: 2 (No shield)
    Thac0: 17
    Attack: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-06-11 at 11:23 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #1844
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis sees the person retreat out of the tunnel, but there is no other response.

    ---
    Ash proceeds until the tunnel's end, a stone wall with two humans lying at the base, crossbows in hand, and apparently asleep. Nathros accompanies her, and given that he'd seen their like recently, he spies the hand and foot holds carved into the wall with ease.

    ---
    Alanna apologizes profusely, her face growing red with embarrassment. She does her best to bind up Brandon's wound for as long as he'll allow her access.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  15. - Top - End - #1845
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "An arrow for each of us without question or hesitation. If they're in league with the one who raised the workman, then they made the only choice they could. Their lives are forfeit. The only value they hold to us now is in their information - where the necromancer resides and what other counter measures he's set upon this place. However, I would feel no remorse with killing them now. I imagine we must decide quickly."

    If Nathros is For interrogations, she'll have him help her restrain one at a time as she binds them, then wraps her rope around them back to back.

    If Nathros is For a simpler solution, she will not hesitate to cut either of their necks or to impale one with her sword.

    Either way, she will have to switch her bow and arrow for her sword and shield so that she may deal with them.

  16. - Top - End - #1846
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis continued to crawl until he had reached the mouth of the tunnel he had been crawling in and stops short of the opening. I wonder why they crawled back out. No matter, the time has come for action, not thoughts. He took a few calming breaths and shot out of the tunnel as fast as he could and drew his greatsword shouting his war-cry in Elven: AVEL NIEMEL SIKKI MOR HIEDOSO WELSA, OP AVEL INORUM NEKRA! He then immediatly shouted in Common: BE YOU FRIEND OR FOE? IF YOU BE AN UNHOLY FOE YOU SHALL FACE THE WRATH OF ARTANIS TU'EL TASSADAR! THE WARRIOR-SEER!

    Spoiler
    Show
    For those of you who didn't catch my earlier post here is the translation:
    A sword unseen is no less sharp than a sword held openly, or one in a sheath.

    HP: 3/3
    AC: 2
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-11 at 06:57 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  17. - Top - End - #1847
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Slaying helpless men out of hand is no praiseworthy deed, I prefer to avoid it when it is not necessary. No doubt these will have words we wish to hear, and the justice of Lord Bost will decide their fate, if the miners do not slay them first that is." Nathros sets about disarming and binding the sleeping men.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2012-06-12 at 03:22 PM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  18. - Top - End - #1848
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis does his best to go from a crawl to standing position, difficult in plate armor, and draws his greatsword. A quick glance reveals it to be a roughly circular room. To his left lies a tunnel, large enough for a person to walk through. Another tunnel lies straight ahead. Spread out in front of him are two humans, one with a crossbow drawn, and the other still on the process of drawing a weapon.

    The one with his bow drawn fired a bolt at the elf and skewered him. The grim-looking human grinned in self-congratulation.

    ---
    Ash remained alert as she and Nathros disarmed and began to bind the fallen men. The sound of yelling from above (and ahead) resumed, this time, one strong voice, "invader!" and another clearly a loud challenge that rang throughout the tunnels.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Artanis -2 hp

    PC's win initiative!
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-12 at 05:06 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  19. - Top - End - #1849
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Sounds like more of these fellows ahead; advance or retreat? We had better decide quickly, or we may find ourselves unable to do either. I say we hit them hard, make them think twice about coming after us, and then get out of here to rethink our strategy."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  20. - Top - End - #1850
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Onwards!" calls Talsarios - then looking at his injured and afflicted companions, he adds: "If that seems best...? It sounds as though there are others down here, no doubt in need of help..."
    He shifts from foot to foot, clearly excited to rush to the rescue.

  21. - Top - End - #1851
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASHALA

    As Nathros and Ash tie up their prisoners, she says, "They're only helpless because we won. They would have killed us, given the chance." She shrugs.

    Upon hearing the shouts from up and ahead, "We cannot leave these ones or they'll be freed by their allies."

    Toward the tunnel behind them, "Talsarios, have them all move in here. Please guard these prisoners while we press on."

    To Nathros, "Plus, it sounds like we may yet gain another ally."

    If the others begin to move this way, Ash will head toward the noises with Nathros to deal with the threat ahead.

  22. - Top - End - #1852
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis staggered slightly at the life-threatening bolt now stuck in him. He stood his ground and decided that he was outmatched. I knew this would happen. How do I always seem to know that this would happen where I die an unknown? But one shall come to the grave with me. He immediatly shouted out in Common: BLOOD FOR BLOOD! WE SHALL SEE WHO LIVES THE DAY OUT! LEARN NOW OF THE STING OF MY SORROWS! As he finished, he gestured quickly to release the power that had been building in his fingertips towards the one who had given him his mortal wound. Artanis gripped his greatsword and prepared himself for death as the bolt of energy streaked unerringly towards his attacker.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spell: Magic Arrow (no miss unless he has Shield active on him)
    (1d6+1)[2]
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-13 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  23. - Top - End - #1853
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna offers to help Talsarios guard the prisoners.
    Maybe this is something I won't botch up…
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    DMing my homebrew. Not currently taking new players.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    Tarquin is even less middle-class than Nale. He literally sips fine wine while watching slaves killed for his personal amusement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.
    Extended sig.

  24. - Top - End - #1854
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Right, they are defeated, no need to compound our victory with slaughter. Without knowing more about them it is rash to deal out death unnecessarily. Well, in any case, we may have cause to slay them yet." Nathros winks at Talsarios and gestures for Alanna to follow after him and Ashala. He leaves his spear behind, and hefts his trusty hand axe.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2012-06-14 at 05:13 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  25. - Top - End - #1855
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Don't worry, I'll manage these sleepy fellows," Talsarios says sternly, drawing his sword again. "Just get going! Sounds like there's a fight going on up there!"

  26. - Top - End - #1856
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    "Wait, where are we going? What's the situation?"

    Brandon sounds confused as he follows after the others.

  27. - Top - End - #1857
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis stows his blade to have both hands free for his spell. A glowing arrow materializes before him and fires forward into the crossbowman before him. The man grunts as he is seriously wounded.
    ---
    The handholds were made for easy climbing, but it was still a challenging task for the armored Ash, and doubly so for Nathros. Soon, though, both and also Alanna find themselves on a ledge with a tunnel ahead. They hear a loud challenge "BLOOD FOR BLOOD! WE SHALL SEE WHO LIVES THE DAY OUT! LEARN NOW OF THE STING OF MY SORROWS!"

    ---
    Both crossbowmen fire again, this time missing their mark, and both slide toward the tunnel opening off to Artanis' left. The injured on growls through gritted teeth, "you'll pay for that."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tie for Initiative
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  28. - Top - End - #1858
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASHALA

    Upon hearing the sound of a clash of interests, Ash crawls through the tunnel as fast as she can to help whoever stands against her opponents. The enemy of my enemy... after all.

    If she makes it in time to engage the enemy in battle, she'll draw her sword and shield and attack the one who looks most threatening toward her or most resembles the ones Talsarios "slept".

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 9/11
    AC: 1
    Thac0: 18
    Attack: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d8)[2]

  29. - Top - End - #1859
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Since she is currently in the back of the "mini-party," Alanna decides to go for a ranged attack. Taking aim at whoever is easiest to hit, she slings a stone with as much accuracy and might as she can muster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d4)[3]
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    DMing my homebrew. Not currently taking new players.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    Tarquin is even less middle-class than Nale. He literally sips fine wine while watching slaves killed for his personal amusement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.
    Extended sig.

  30. - Top - End - #1860
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros hurls his hand axe (not at the elf), and then draws his sword to enter the fray.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nathros, Level Two Dwarf: AC 3(1); HP 9(9); THAC0 19.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[9]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+1)[4]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •