Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis, though uncertain of continuing the chase after both of them, moved so that he could take advantage of his infravision in the darkened tunnel. Taking his grip off of his greatsword, he drew his longbow and nocked an arrow. He muttered under his breath: We shall see who pays for what, dishonorable brigand. and loosed the arrow at the crossbowman if he was within sight of his infravision.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 1/3
    AC: 2
    Thac0: 17
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d6)[3]
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  2. - Top - End - #1862
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ash and Alanna find that they need to stoop to pass through the short tunnel, but Nathros, though tall for a dwarf, has an easier time with it. The three arrive in a more open cavern room to find a heavily mailed elf facing off against a pair of humans rather like the sleeping fellows below. The elf fires off an arrow to no avail, and the men begin to head down a nearby tunnel, evading Alanna's sling shot and Nathros' thrown axe. Ash and Nathros advance to the tunnel entrance in pursuit, but the light from the lantern in this room ends just after the tunnel opening.

    It's large enough to walk through with ease, but it's completely dark beyond the first few feet.

    The elf stands near another opening across the room, this one a small tunnel opening that he must have crawled through judging by his dirty armor. The opening is a few feet off the ground.
    ---

    Artanis' shot goes wide as the men disappear into the tunnel behind them. Three others, two humans and a dwarf emerge from the other tunnel just in time to make their own unsuccessful attacks on the fleeing cads. The elf finds his infravision thwarted by all the light in the room, though obviously he could head down the tunnel into total darkness to use it.

    ---

    Brandon climbs the wall, struggling to find movements that don't cause him additional pain. He clambers to the ledge on the top, and it's apparent that his allies have disappeared down the tunnel ahead. A light shines at the end of a short tunnel, Alanna is silhouetted, her sling drawn.

    ---
    Talsarios, despite all his eagerness, remains below, standing over two sleeping foes and one paralyzed ally. He remains vigilant, sword drawn, and eyes moving from the ledge above to the fallen foes to the tunnel behind him. His flickering lamp sits at his feet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Another tie for initiative. Weird.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-16 at 08:57 AM.
    Headless Roland by Chris the Pontifex
    Now gauging interest for Still Flyin' a potential PbP game using the new Firefly RPG.

    Forum Rules

  3. - Top - End - #1863
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon hustles towards the light and Alanna. Seeing her with her sling drawn fills him with trepidation and makes him hurry faster.

  4. - Top - End - #1864
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros retrieves his had axe, and regards the elf warily. "Time to go, it seems to me. What are you doing here, elf, besides hunting bandits I mean?"
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  5. - Top - End - #1865
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    When Alanna misses, she decides not to waste more stones on someone who can just outrun them. As she tucks her sling away, she hears Nathros address the elf.
    Leaning out, she gives a small wave.
    Papa always says it can't hurt to get on an elf's good side!
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2012-06-18 at 01:58 AM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  6. - Top - End - #1866
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis eyed the dwarf with equal or greater suspicion and chose to let his attackers go to discern if this new group of mismatched beings was a threat. He decided to communicate in the Lawful language's movements as it was more likely to discern whether they were friend or foe. If you lower your weapons first, I shall lower mine as it seems that you have me at a disadvantage.
    At the same time, he moved out of sight of the tunnel that held his attackers and attempted to hide the bolt sticking out of his plate mail with his hooded cloak.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  7. - Top - End - #1867
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As Ash stays her blade, yet keeps it in hand, she speaks to the elf, "If you've no quarrel with us, then we have none with you. If you are the enemy of those we've scared off, then you may find yourself among allies.
    In any case, we must regroup with the others and interrogate the one's we've captured. Perhaps we'll gain enough insight and rest to forge a counterattack."

  8. - Top - End - #1868
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Talsarios does his best to check Mycah is still breathing and lying comfortably while he watches the two enchanted prisoners with a satisfied smile and a ready hand on his sword.
    He listens as best he can to the conversation echoing back from above.

  9. - Top - End - #1869
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis saw that the female that had just spoken to him had both understood and heeded his warning and began to relax. Finally, an ally in this monster-infested cave.
    He replied in common: Greetings friends, I have no friendly ties to those that were fleeing deeper into this dismal cave. I hold no ill will towards those who shall help me into making this world better. He stowed his bow and slumped against the cave wall as he felt his life blood continue to seep away. Now, unless any of you are of the healing arts, I shall attend to my own wounds. As he spoke this he began to reach for the bolt that had caused the grievious wound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing check (unless someone else thinks they can do better):
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d3)[3]
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-17 at 01:43 AM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  10. - Top - End - #1870
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna thinks of offering to heal the elf's wound, but the weight of her previous failure still presses on her.
    Besides, it looks like he can handle this himself.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  11. - Top - End - #1871
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ashala offers her aid, rushed and unskilled as it may be. "I'll see what I can do for you - ... I didn't catch your name. I am called Ash. We work under the ruling of Lord Bost. These are my comrades at arms." She gestures to the rest of those up here with her and allow them to introduce themselves proper. She'll remove her gauntlets and helmet to allow herself better maneuverability while working.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing DC10: (1d20)[2]

  12. - Top - End - #1872
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon finally manages to catch up and holds his side where he was wounded, wincing.

    "Hey, an elf. I'm Brandon Bor, son of Boris and Natalya Bor. Pleased to meetcha."

    The run has made him pale from blood loss and exertion but he doesn't seem in grave danger of passing out yet.

  13. - Top - End - #1873
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis nodded his thanks to the one who had introduced herself as Ash. I thank you for your help. I am known as Artanis Tu'el Tassadar, the Warrior-Seer. He allowed Ash to tend to his wounds and noted the wounds that the party had sustained. I see that you too have come across these dishonorable brigands. Have you any need of assistance? It seems that fate has dealt us both an unfortunate hand.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  14. - Top - End - #1874
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Bran smiles. He seems awed. He also mangles Artanis' name when he pronounces it.

    "Artennis Toowel-Tassadar the Warrior-Seer, huh? That's great. That's really something, huh?"

    Brandon is a hick.

  15. - Top - End - #1875
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ash's efforts remove the arrow and treat the wound seem to help the elf.

    The room contains an empty crate, upended to serve as a table most likely, a couple other crates around it as chairs, and a few bedrolls shoved against a wall. A lantern hangs on a piton driven into a wall, its light barely reaching the far walls.

    Talsarios finds Mycah is still breathing, and his condition is unchanged. It's an odd thing to look at, as the young scout stares back, his face frozen in alarm.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Artanis +(1d3)[2] hp

    Mycah's condition's duration is measured in minutes, which I'm counting as we go. It will go more quickly out of combat.

    We're out of combat time now.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-17 at 10:25 PM.
    Headless Roland by Chris the Pontifex
    Now gauging interest for Still Flyin' a potential PbP game using the new Firefly RPG.

    Forum Rules

  16. - Top - End - #1876
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna skips up to the elf, pigtails bouncing. Thrusting out her hand, she cheerfully chirps, "I'm Alanna Nightengale! I'm a cleric!"
    No need to mention that I'm new here. Or what happened with Brandon earlier…
    she thinks.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  17. - Top - End - #1877
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis shook Alanna's hand and leaned forward to whisper into her ear in common: Then that begs a good question about your intentions...He released her hand before any reply could be made. He stood and tested the newly-bound wound that Ash had treated for him. I thank you for this boon. Have you any need for a floating disc spell? I'm afraid that that is the only other spell that I have prepared at this time. He walked towards the entrance that the party had come through and looked down. As he did so, he put up his hood. Oh, and Brandon. You may wish to fix thy diction, others of my kind may find it offensive for their names to be so ill-treated. Such circumstances could become... unpleasant later on.
    Inwardly he allowed himself a bitter smile. If we live long enough, I may begin to warm to some of the HUMANS in this party. The dwarf is... unrefined for now.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-18 at 08:48 AM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  18. - Top - End - #1878
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASHALA

    Ash gets her gauntlets back on while the others introduce themselves. "I'm going to check on our frozen ally. Perhaps I'll be able to improve his condition with a little mending."
    She stops on her way to the tunnel as she notices Brandon, "We should probably try to head back to the camp after all this and recover from our wounds... And lunch would be nice." She smiles.

    Ash's shoulder pain reminds her that she herself has an arrow shaft wedged into her as well. She winces and looks down with it stuck through her mail, "Hm, maybe I should see about that too..." She sighs, "I have a feeling it's going to hurt more coming out than going in."

    She pauses, then suggests,"We should all regroup with Talsarios and the others before returning top side."
    She'll retrieve her helmet before crouching through the tunnel and descending back to the room with Talsarios, Mycah, and the two prisoners.

    If Artanis aids her, then she'll sit still while her arrow is dislodged.
    She'll remove her chest piece, helmet, gauntlets, and the padding beneath. She has a beige, short sleeved under tunic on which is now stained red with the stub of an arrow shaft sticking out from her upper shoulder. A wound that is not life threatening, so long as she keeps it clean.
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-06-18 at 11:52 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #1879
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis, feeling depressed due to Ash's success at healing his own wounds, offered to dress the wounds that had not been tended to yet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    For anyone who will accept his healing here's my roll:
    Healing check: (1d20)[2]
    Heal amount: (1d3)[2]


    Hopefully that will help you later. He gave a final tug on the bandage for Ash's arrow wound and turned towards the tunnel that Ash had previously mentioned and began to climb down warily.

    When Artanis came to the bottom he thought: Wait... did she not mention a 'frozen' companion? I also seem to remember mention of interrogating some prisoners that looked like the ruffians that attacked me. He quickly looks around and cast Floating Disc.

    The insubstantial disc floated near his waist and Artanis knew that, despite its shield-like size and shape, it would carry more than it would seem at first glance.

    When the others came down he remarked: Load your friend and maybe those you wish to interrogate onto this disc. It shall last for 1 hour. That should prove to be adequate time for us to get back to this camp you spoke of. He placed his hand on the invisible disc so that they might know where it was.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-18 at 07:42 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  20. - Top - End - #1880
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As Artanis leans away after muttering in her ear, Alanna can only manage to say "Huh? What are you talking about?" confusedly.
    Looking around the room again, she notices the bedrolls. She stays at the back of the group as they turn to leave, and once the last of her comrades has left the room, she dashes to the wall, grabs a bedroll, and hurries back to the others, hoping they don't notice.
    As she stuffs the tightly wadded blankets into her pack, she thinks to herself, I hate to steal, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I don't even have a bedroll, and I'm sure I'll be with these guys more than one night. Hope nobody needs it more than I do!
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2012-06-18 at 09:50 PM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  21. - Top - End - #1881
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Through the low, but walkable tunnel, Ash, Artanis and his floating disc, and others can retrace their steps to meet up with Talsarios, keeping watch over Mycah and the others.

    The invisible disc is roughly the size of a small shield and the two sleeping men, both heavy-set brutes, can be placed upon it, albeit precariously.

    Mycah must be carried, but he can be hoisted up by the workmen above, eerily in much the same manner as the corpses were lifted recently.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless anyone has individual actions to take instead or en route, we're going to return the party to the camp via the exact path taken to get in.

    Mycah will gain his movement back shortly after being taken out of the cave.

    It will be late afternoon when the group emerges.
    Headless Roland by Chris the Pontifex
    Now gauging interest for Still Flyin' a potential PbP game using the new Firefly RPG.

    Forum Rules

  22. - Top - End - #1882
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros takes the rear guard and waits for everyone to begin their descent before thinking to follow. He retrieves his hand axe and watches for any sign of returning enemies. Given the opportunity, he will also search the area.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2012-06-20 at 06:46 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  23. - Top - End - #1883
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna stays to the rear with Nathros, humming.
    I wonder what I'll do now… maybe I can go on more adventures with these guys!
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  24. - Top - End - #1884
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASHALA

    Ash would have given Artanis a nod with her thanks when he was finished with her wound, then re-donned her armor before heading out of the cave together with her group.

    She would take rear guard with Nathros once at the rope to leave. She'd see to it that Mycah was securely fastened before being lifted out.

    Once all were up, she'd make sure there where no stragglers. She'd mention who the new guy was to the rest of the workmen at the camp so they weren't left to wonder.

  25. - Top - End - #1885
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros spots a pair of wooden dice, dagger, and lantern upon the table, and a well-made slingshot and small pouch of gold coin in the bottom of a bedroll.

    While the climb down, backtracking, climb up the shaft, and back down the hill are tedious, the return to camp is uneventful. The sun has fallen toward the horizon and the rainclouds appear to have moved off. A warm summer afternoon greets the adventurers first, but curious workers aren't far behind.

    Mycah revives with a start, and he finds himself aware of what's happened though his lack of movement restricted his view greatly. He seems no worse for wear, other than being quite dirty from having been dragged about.

    The two prisoners will be stripped of their weapons and packs by the workers' guard, if no one else sees to that first, and they revive soon after. Their mouths are unsurprisingly full of curses and threats.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The men each carry a crossbow, a small amount of ammunition, a dagger, and a pouch of gold (212 gp between the two of them).


    The pouch Nathros finds has 86 gp.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-20 at 01:05 AM.
    Headless Roland by Chris the Pontifex
    Now gauging interest for Still Flyin' a potential PbP game using the new Firefly RPG.

    Forum Rules

  26. - Top - End - #1886
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros leaves the interrogation to others, and inspects the defensibility of the camp. "Could well be that these folk will find themselves on the bad end of a counter attack, and sooner rather than later. We should send word to Lord Bost as soon as we have heard what these two have got to say for themselves."
    Last edited by Matthew; 2012-06-20 at 06:49 AM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  27. - Top - End - #1887
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central NY, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Having been completely uninvolved in the encounter with the bandits, Mycah will leave the interrogation and associated dealings to others. Though having recovered the use of his body, he is still quietly subdued and wanders off to contemplate what has happened.

    Finally, some time later as the questioning is just finishing up, he returns to join the group, a look of fiery determination in his eyes.
    "That experience was not something I'd wish upon anyone, even my worst enemies. The thought of being eaten alive, unable to fight back..." He shudders.
    "That... thing... needs to be destroyed. If nothing else we can take it by fire. Bran's oil should be just the thing. We cannot leave it down there for anyone else to fall prey to."

    Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

  28. - Top - End - #1888
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASHALA

    Ash would be sure the two prisoners had their weapons removed. If she found the money while searching them, she'd toss it toward the most eager party member.

    Ash feels it's best to keep the prisoners tied alone in a tent while one of her group takes watch on them at a time. For now, she thinks it's best that the team doesn't talk with them.

    She'll listen stoically from within her armor to what they have to say without saying a word. (Perhaps they'll feel more intimidated by her if they think she's a man.)

    After an hour or so, she'll switch guard with someone and tell the rest of the team what the men have revealed, even unwittingly. If they've bartered for their lives or shown any kind of concern over something perhaps associated with their goals, she'll make note of it.

    Once she has a feel for them, she'll see about making the effort to interrogate them, unless there's word from her uncle on dealing with the situation.

    She doesn't want to tip the prisoners off to the power or strength of her group in case she needs to bluff them into thinking there are plenty more like them, or some such like that.

    She secretly wishes she didn't feel responsible for the interrogations.

    She'll also try to assure Mycah that she intends to be on guard to deal with the unnatural beast as that is part of their duty in clearing out the cave. She agrees that the most armored of their team should be the ones to charge in, toss the lit oil flasks, and then finish it off with some mighty slashing blows to its hide.

  29. - Top - End - #1889
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The prisoners are defiant. They curse their captors both spontaneously and in response to questions. They threaten retribution should they not be released, alternatively by "the dark magi" and "the fangs." They refuse to bargain for their own lives, only demanding to be set free, and they do not give up any specific information about the dark magi, fellow inhabitants of the cave, or the like.

    Brandon will know "The Fangs" is a thieves guild in Threshold, from his boyhood friend Sid, who aspired to membership someday. According to Sid, they take a business-like approach to thievery, aren't necessarily evil people, and take care of their own, though Sid did seem a bit under-informed and overly-fond of the group, possibly without meeting any of them.

    ---

    Nathros finds the workers to be without weapons for the most part, though knives, hammers, and similar tools are common. The group's lone guard, the man who accompanied Alanna in from town, is armed, and offers to stay between the group and the hill, as a lookout. As he paces it, it seems a less than ideal position. It's downhill, out in the open, and lacking in solid structures or cover. The tents serve to obstruct individuals from view, but little else works in the workmen's favor. Smaller hills nearby provide competing lookout points or even cover, should the camp be moved.

    ---

    Word can be sent to Lord Bost, who sends back a message with a trio of town guards. They arrive just after nightfall. Bost's note says simply, "When you are done with them, the prisoners can be returned with the guardsmen. Lady Aleena bids you to complete your task, whatever the effort takes."
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-06-20 at 10:34 PM.
    Headless Roland by Chris the Pontifex
    Now gauging interest for Still Flyin' a potential PbP game using the new Firefly RPG.

    Forum Rules

  30. - Top - End - #1890
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon snorts when he hears the prisoners mention the Fangs, and he makes sure to let the other party members know what it is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •