New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #1921
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Old Ways IC

Nathros follows up his axe throw with a spear throw (or thrust if the creature is within range).

Spoiler
    Show

Nathros, Level Two Dwarf: AC 10(8); HP 9(9); THAC0 19.

Attack Roll: (1d20+1)[13]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+1)[5]

It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

2. - Top - End - #1922
    Barbarian in the Playground

yuk Re: Old Ways IC

Alanna considers using her sling again, but she's itching to try out her mace.
    Bad idea… her common sense tells her, but she silences. Gonna regret this later… she snarkily thinks to herself as she rushes the heavily wounded zombie bat and takes a swing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2012-06-27 at 10:11 AM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1923
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

The bat nearest Ash staggers to the ground, bleeding profusely, as the other one is chopped, shot, and speared all at the same time. The things look even fouler now, zombified, bloodied, and shrouded in darkness save for the moderate moonlight. The post-battle silence ensues, even if only for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Out of combat rounds.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

4. - Top - End - #1924
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis blinked as the bat fell and looked down at Solahel. He then whispered a quiet thanks to it and smote the head off of the dead bat so that it couldn't possibly be risen once again.
    He passed by Mycah and Nathros and gave each of them a small nod of thanks. He then made his way to Alanna and spoke carefully so as to keep his throat from suffering any more than it had to.
    "I believe it is your turn now." He then headed off towards the sleeping area that had been designated to him and began to remove his armor and other equipment so that he might recuperate from his wounds.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

5. - Top - End - #1925

When Artanis adresses Alanna, she resists the urge to gag in shock at just how bad his injury looks. That looks painful…
    "Uh… I dunno if watch is such a good idea for me… Ash says she wants me to pray for more healing spells…"
    she says to nobody in particular.
    Still, she stays up a little bit until whoever is on watch is ready. She keeps that person company until she is sternly told to go to sleep so she can be rested in the morning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1926
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros retrieves his axe and cleans his weapons off. "If that is the only trouble we face tonight, we can count ourselves lucky. Maybe we ought to double the watch, there is not much we can do in the dark."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

7. - Top - End - #1927
    Ogre in the Playground

ASHALA

Ash listens to the concerns of her group as she peals off her shoulder guard to assess the damage to her armor. She looks a little ticked, but it's subtle and she keeps her complaints to herself once more.

She'll not at Alanna when she speaks to no one in particular about how she is supposed to be resting, "Yes, that's right. Your spell can be of the greatest help in a time of need. Now that I know how that works, we'll know how to best conserve the life line it offers. Give thanks to your god for our safety so far."

If the camp guard has not already been on watch tonight, she'll ask him if he doesn't mind staying up another couple hours with her.
    If that's not an option, she'll ask Nathros if he can handle an "all-nighter" saying, "We need those with injuries and those with spells to be at their best once more, so that leaves the tests of endurance to us." She narrows her eyes with a close-lipped smile, "Will you be up to the challenge?"

As it's been a long day and it's also quite dark out, Ash will not offer to bandage Artanis this time. She feels she may do more harm than good. Plus, neck wounds are tricky if their large blood tubes get damaged in the process. She hopes he'll ask if he needs assistance and gain some repair over a good night's rest.

Her armor will be fully donned for the duration of the evening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC13: (1d20)[13]

8. - Top - End - #1928
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon comes out in full armor and kicks the re-killed giant bats a few times to make sure they're de-animated.

"I guess this means we have to chop up everything we slay into little tiny pieces, or else the necromancer will just bring them back, huh?"

"I'm still pretty wounded. I hope this interruption does not prevent you from healing me tomorrow, Alanna."

9. - Top - End - #1929
    Ogre in the Playground

ASHALA

"Oh, that's right. I suggest we haul them a little ways out from camp and burn them. That should do the trick."

10. - Top - End - #1930

As the sounds of combat cease, heads poke once again out of tents, albeit briefly, and a quiet murmur spreads throughout the camp as the comparatively brave tell the tale of bloodied heroes and giant bats to those too afraid even to peek.

The camp guard nods his willingness to stay on watch with Ash.
    Forum Rules

11. - Top - End - #1931
    Ogre in the Playground

After cleaning his greatsword, Artanis shifted around on his designated bedroll and tried to get comfortable while he was bleeding.

The foul necromancer who did this has to be in the cave! There is no other explanation... unless he's among us. No it's too public, nevertheless I shall inquire of this matter now. They might not have done their work well, as I am still alive, but I shall not let them get any edge over me or... the others... here... and how do they get provisions down the cave? They have crossbows but not much lives down there that is edible.

He sighed as he knew he would probably be up for a little while yet inquiring if anyone had gone out of the camp long during the night and if there was anyone who had been down into the caves and gotten back out alive. He decided that for this foray, he would take only Solahel, which blade he would never leave willingly. He slung the greatsword onto his back and decided to start with the town guard.
    I must be careful, there might be others looking to take an easy shot at a wounded fellow.

He stayed on alert as he quickly dashed to find the town guard and began to revel at how free he seemed without his protective mail.
    Maybe I could find peace in leading another life, a life where I can be free from all of this pain and suffering maybe...
    He glanced over his shoulder and saw Solahel's hilt coldly glinting in the starlight.
    "I shall never be free of this burden will I? A warrior remains a warrior. No man can walk out on his own story."
    He turned back to his original intent and searched out the town guard with a very much dampened mood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC 14: (1d20)[11]
    Afterwards, he will return to sleep and brood on any information he gains.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-06-29 at 12:57 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

12. - Top - End - #1932

The camp guard edges noticeably toward Ash as the elf approaches, even going so far as to look to her for approval before answering this stranger in their midst.

If bid to speak by Ash, who he knows to be part of the party from Threshold, he states that the dwarf was on watch since nightfall, so maybe he'd know. Before that, a few went to help out in the cave, hauling out bodies and such, but none left the very first cavern as far as he'd heard. He adds only that, "Two of their own have been killed, defiled, and killed again, and then returned for burial. You'd best be careful a'fore you go accusing any of them of having a hand in such devilry."
    Forum Rules

13. - Top - End - #1933

Artanis isn't the only one who (at least initially) has a hard time sleeping, though neither he nor Alanna knows the other is still awake.
    Alanna lies in her bedroll, staring at the sky.
    What should I do tomorrow? I know I'll be able to heal someone… but only one person. Brandon seems to expect for me to use the gods' magic on him, but it looks like the elf's wound is more serious. I hope they both get some sleep -- the high priest says that a good night's rest can be almost as effective as a spell… I need to sleep too… hope I can before morning…
    Eventually, Alanna's train of thought silences itself and she sleeps restfully, hopefully until morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1934
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros takes whatever watch he is bidden, but lets Ash take care of any internal political squabble. If it comes to a fight, he will back her, though.

15. - Top - End - #1935
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash quarks her helmetted head to the side as Artanis approaches. She notices the discomfort of the guardsman and steps forward to be the first Artanis encounters. "What is your concern? Do you bid that I take a look at your wound?

If Artanis says yes, she'll reply, "I could bandage it, but I can't guarantee I won't aggitate it which might allow you to bleed out. I'd prefer to wait 'til morning when we have an emergency prayer of healing to fall back on. You should get your rest. Perhaps allow the blood to clot a little better. I wouldn't want to need to leave you here to recover tomorrow instead."

If Artanis inquires about the wanderings of the workers at the camp, she'll probably sense his suspicions and reply, "These men here are victims of the necromancer and in no way allied with them. Two of theirs were already killed and raised undead to be slain once more. If you must earn the disrespect among them by showing your suspicions, I'd suggest you wait 'til morning when you won't be waking them from their much needed rest. And speak with Nathros first, as he was on watch the first half of the night."

16. - Top - End - #1936
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis did not inquire for medical aid as he knew a good night's rest would do him more good.

Artanis did however, inquire of any strange going-ons that might be connected with the necromancer. When he recieved Ashala's reply, he decided to keep any further inquiries to himself for now. However, he leaves them with a saying both in Elven and with a Common equivilant:
    "Menartu wytalimen nilaamin, sil nefendil mertel exanimos nuvendi. Some knowledge is perilous, but no one ever died from a surfeit of wisdom."
    He began to leave and then said over his shoulder:
    "I shall respect your wishes but I in turn must have a reason to trust them as well. I am sure you trust them since you have been here among them longest. I however, am a stranger. You, are not. Think on this."
    He then went back to where his equipment and his sleeping roll and avoided any further chances at speaking with anyone while keeping an eye out for any enemies and slept somewhat lightly so that he would not be taken by surprise in his sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC 14: (1d20)[10]
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

17. - Top - End - #1937
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Following the combat with the bats, Mycah will help drag the carcasses off to be burned. When he returns, he catches part of the interplay between the elf and his friends and decides not to get himself involved, reasoning that Ash is far more capable then he of handling it properly.

"I'm recovering from my injuries and can take a turn at watch so Nathros can get some rest. You too Ash, I slept earlier."

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

18. - Top - End - #1938
    Ogre in the Playground

ASHALA

Ash sighs and pays little heed to the paranoia of the elf man, while still concidering if she's even comfortable with his presense among her comrades and the workers. She'll try to keep an eye on him at a distance and pay attention to his behaviors in the morrow.

As Mycah returns, she smirks at his remark. "I didn't know you got a visit from the sandman. Sneaky, letting us haul you around like that when you're actually resting." She shows a little sarcasm with a smile and a wink.

19. - Top - End - #1939

Brandon's fire is small and foul-smelling, but it seems to do the job. The camp guard will watch with Mycah, praising the young scout's marksmanship and asking what really happened in the caves. He introduces himself as Carr, a temple guard from town, sent to accompany Alanna to the camp and watch. He's clearly not used to serving even this far into the wilderness or watching alone.

The rest of the night passes without incident.
    Forum Rules

20. - Top - End - #1940
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I'm sure the rumors are all much more exciting than what really happened down there. So far it's been mostly rats, bats and bandits - though they were a bit bigger than usual. Still, it isn't every day people come back from the dead. There's more down there to be discovered, I'll tell you that much. But Lady Ashala has a plan, so we'll be fine." Ash may not be too happy to hear him say such a thing but, in his mind, that's how Mycah sees things.

He passes the time answering Carr's questions even as he does his best to remain alert and watch the sky and surrounding terrain.
    [COLOR="Dark Orange"]"I've spent all too much time alone out here,"[/COLOR] he laughs. "Lord Bost's lumbermen keep me busy scouting out the best timber plots in the area. You get used to the quiet, and the nighttime noises too, but it does take time."

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

21. - Top - End - #1941
    Ogre in the Playground

In the morning Artanis woke with his hunger and debated whether he should partake of the trail rations he had stowed in his pack or whether he should see if there was a cook in the camp. He considered each option and opted for his own trail rations.
    With my previous actions last night, I don't think I will be welcome if the gaurd I spoke with blurts anything out. It's best to let things simmer down a bit before I do anything else to familiarize myself around here.
    He decided to check his wounds first before eating so as not to die from eating and opening up his wounds in his neck. Even after checking the wound in his neck he ate carefully. Afterwards, he cleaned his plate mail before putting it on.
    I shall have to find a way to keep my armor from getting so worn out so quickly.
    He then opened up his spell book and prepared 2 magic arrows since he expected to be getting into a lot of fighting. While he was preparing these spells he began to think of how he was going to while away the time before they were to go down into the cave again.
    Maybe I should go hunting. Not only to keep my skills sharp but to help provide for the camp and to get some good-will back.
    He decided that if given enough time, he would go hunting game with his bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prepared 2 Magic arrows. Updating my character sheet to show this.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

22. - Top - End - #1942

When Alanna wakes up, the first thing she does, before donning her armor or eating breakfast, is pray. She makes sure nobody will come near her tent, and once she's sure she won't be disturbed, she begins.
    First, she praises the gods for the majesty of their creation.
    Next, she thanks them for the bounties they have given her.
    She asks for the strength to carry out the next day righteously and according to their designs.
    After that, she seeks the blessing to channel their divine power against undead abominations.
    Finally, she requests that they allow her to heal one of her companions that day.
    Once she is through praying, she meditates on the gods' teachings and studies the church's doctrines.
    When she is done with all that, she emerges from her tent with a serene expression on her face, ready to begin the day.
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2012-06-30 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1943
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash was comfortable staying on watch still and her wound was feeling quite improved, but it couldn't hurt to spend her evening in thought as to how to deal with the coming battles. So she left Mycah and the guardsman to the watch. They probably wouldn't send a second attack...

She spent the rest of the morning shining her armor. Once people wake, she'll take one of the workman's tools to smack some of the dents back into place.

Once the injured and spell casters have rested and all her group have gathered for breakfast (even if that's just their rations), Ash will begin to inform them of her thoughts on the knowledge they have so far of the necromancer and the cave inhabitants.

"Thank you all for listening to me. Before I start, I wanted to say that I'll be interested to hear any insights you all may have or recommendations to add to my thoughts on our attack before we head out today."

"The ones Artanis found first - and the ones that shot Brandon and I - seemed to be coming from the guard station with the bedrolls. Perhaps they were on shifts or even sleeping during the day. I'll bet they have an even more elaborate base beyond that way."

"The giant paralyzing worm... -thing will be a problem, unless we can lure it out somehow. Then, being on an upper ledge and tossing down oil flasks and a torch should do the trick - at least to scare it off. If we come across it unexpectedly, still toss the oil at it and try to back track so that - if it follows us - it'll be trapped in a tunnel where we can light it."

"And, if you all don't mind, I'd appreciate it if the people I request by name are the ones to do the task, rather than another which may be more suited to something else that is needed of them."
    "For instance, those with armor are considerably less vulnerable than those without. If I need someone to ... get oil flasks ready, it'll probably be Alanna or Talsarios. That way, they'll be helping our battles while still not being directly put in danger. If I need a back guard, it'll usually be the most injured of the armored ones, myself included."

"If any of you ever feel especially vulnerable at any time, do not hesitate to stay back in the last room unless called for. You will not be viewed as cowards. Any injuries you suffer will be kept in mind while determining when our days work will be coming to an end."

"I intend to preserve the healing prayer - which Alanna offers - for an emergency. Sorry to anyone who may have thought it better used on them. But, should any of you fall, be assured that we will not let you bleed to death if your wound was not fatal. Alanna's god will smile in your favor."

"Alanna, try not to get hurt."
    Ash winks with a smile.

"As for our searching, fighting, and even our general traveling order... (I suppose that's called a marching order)," she thinks aloud, "For now, I think it most wise to have Nathros and myself in the front as neither of us are particularly injured. Following us, Artanis and Mycah, should Artanis wish to continue the battle against the necromancer(s) with us," she'll give him a nod of understanding, whichever he choses. "Then Talsarios in the middle for spell support, whichever side needs it... and Alanna with Brandon as rear guard unless he's feeling better. If that's the case, Alanna, would you mind rear guard? In the forest, I feel it'd be mostly safe enough to allow Mycah and Artanis out as advanced scouts, but in this case that's irrelevant."

"Also, we shall have to set the dead a-flame to ensure they do not rise again."

"Thoughts from any of you before we head out?"
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-06-30 at 11:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1944
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Brandon stretches and winces.

"I still feel pretty bad, but if Alanna can heal me I should be more useful in the front lines than doing rear guard."

"If Alanna doesn't heal me now, then rear guard will do. While I'm so wounded, I can't take another blow of that strength. I'd die."

"We don't need to set the dead aflame. Just chopping their limbs off should be enough. But if flame should be necessary, I have a lot of oil on me."

25. - Top - End - #1945

The camp guard and four workers who journeyed to the cave to man the ropes listen in on the plans. They will keep their distance and hold their tongues to speak last, well after all the party members have had they're say. But before the party heads out, the guard will regretfully suggest that he should remain with the camp, but the four workers will offer to accompany the party to help with any similar aid.
    Forum Rules

26. - Top - End - #1946
    Titan in the Playground

"Perhaps the flasks of oil ought to be distributed to characters further from the front, to avoid their unexpected damage or destruction." Otherwise, Nathros is willing to go along with the plan.

27. - Top - End - #1947
    Ogre in the Playground

To Brandon, Ash responds, "If you feel you'd rather sit the battles out for the day and regain your strength, letting your wounds heal, there'd be no dishonor in that. I'm sure you'd prefer to be involved though, unless I'm mistaken."

"Her healing, however, is reserved for emergency injures. There's no sense using it up before the day has even begun."

"Besides, there's barely room for two in the front lines as is. Sometimes it's good to have a plan B and you're it! - B.B."
    She grins a little at her lame pun.

"And I don't suppose anyone minds if you want to put the effort forth to chop up the dead. It's not to my tastes in particular, but I'm sure it would do the trick.

Ash replies to Nathros with only one word, "Agreed."

"Alanna, Brandon, and Talsarios. You can wield the flasks. Perhaps be ready to bust them open on the ground if we're falling back a little ways. Then we can light it to buy ourselves some time."

Ash is pleased that so many (4) of the workmen had offered their help. She tells them that they'll need to bring the things with them that the party had needed yesterday for climbing. Also to bring weapons or things that may be be improvised as weapons, in case they're caught in a pinch. They will only be expected to help with the mundane tasks of course, but it couldn't hurt to be prepared.

She also thanks the guardsman, Carr, for his assistance so far and appreciates his dedication to protecting the camp. If possible, he should try and get some rest as he surely had little the night before.
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-06-30 at 11:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1948

"Wow, Ash, you're great at making plans!" gushes Alanna. "I'll just stay to the back and be alert and prepared. If we need it, the gods have granted me the ability to hurt undead as well as heal the living. That'll come in handy if the necro-man-sir has any more zombies, huh?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1949
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis, blood boiling from the mere mention of a necromancer, lost his relatively short temper when he heard the mention of him staying behind.

"I may have a bad habit of becoming incapacitated quite often but I shall fight to my last breath before I retreat in the face of such abhorrent evil! Never shall my determination to see this task through be challenged! SHIORELL NUWENTA RAH SIILEN E MUDEN AVEL!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation (From Elven): Contentment is a beast that devours the spirit and blunts the sword!

He drew his greatsword and slammed it down as hard as he could into the ground as emphasis.

"If any of you wish to question my bravery then you shall have no problem with getting my sword out of this particular patch of dirt."
    He folded his arms and quietly challenged anyone to take him up on the veiled threat. If no one challenged him he would take back his sword and make his peace as he had no arguement with the marching order that had been outlined.

He did however, volunteer information concerning the tunnel he had used to get into the cave with.

"You speak of this... worm... as if it would still be there. As I only saw you coming from a different direction I can speculate which tunnel it could be in. I might have a solution to avoiding it altogether so as to conserve our strength."

If he was bidden to explain he obliged them.
    "I came into that same room where you met me in by way of a small tunnel. It can only be traveled through by crawling and only one at a time but I never met another living being whilst I was in there. It was only when I came out that I encountered the brigands you saw before. I would suggest that be our entry point... unless you fancy another run-in with this worm of yours?"

He turned his head to Mycah and shrugged, ultimately leaving the choice to Ash but he had made his voice heard. He would listen to any remarks about his own plan but otherewise turned to thinking about how to supply himself with additional provisions as it seemed that hunting now was out of the question.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-07-01 at 07:44 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

30. - Top - End - #1950
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaera View Post
    To Brandon, Ash responds, "If you feel you'd rather sit the battles out for the day and regain your strength, letting your wounds heal, there'd be no dishonor in that. I'm sure you'd prefer to be involved though, unless I'm mistaken."

"Her healing, however, is reserved for emergency injures. There's no sense using it up before the day has even begun."

"Besides, there's barely room for two in the front lines as is. Sometimes it's good to have a plan B and you're it! - B.B."
    She grins a little at her lame pun.

"And I don't suppose anyone minds if you want to put the effort forth to chop up the dead. It's not to my tastes in particular, but I'm sure it would do the trick.
    Brandon Bor

Brandon pouts. "I said I'm hurt and wounded, not that I'm -dead-. Of course I'll go along. I have fought in much worse condition than this."

"It just would be wiser for me to stay in the back while the rest of you are still in so much better shape. And this way I finally get some bow practice."