Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34597475767778798081828384
Results 2,491 to 2,514 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #2491
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis' brow twitched at the mention of 'large weapons'.

    One of those 'large weapons' happened to be MY sword, not some curse word to be used carelessly.

    He did not act on his thought however, deeming it best to find a place to voice his suspicions to the party where they would be less likely to be observed.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-09-26 at 11:55 PM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  2. - Top - End - #2492
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASH

    Once Ash finally makes her way through, she feels diffused by the trouble it took to get here and the guards that are already here. She puts has her sword lowered loosely so that no one gets the wrong idea.

    She'll find Nathros as quickly as possibly, but she noticed the others unexpectedly. She'll sigh of relief, "I'm glad you all not dead."

    She'll look about to assess the damage. "Wow. You guys sure know how to have a good time," she jokes.

    If a guardsman approaches her, she'll cooperate however they require her to. She'll explain that she's one of them and she wasn't here for the events that occurred, but she's sure they must have only acted in self defense.

    If she hears "Bost's Rangers", she'll correct/clarify the name very politely.

    She acts like her usual armored self. The stress of the situation makes her forget that she's still just a girl in noble's clothing, with a sword in her hand.

    At some point during the Companions' reunion, Ash will get her coin pouch back from Mycah.

  3. - Top - End - #2493
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis turned to Ash and responded with a bit of irritation, unhappy with the turn of events that led to Solahel's theft.

    "If you mean defending ourselves from murderers and thieves, then yes, we had, as you say, a good time."
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  4. - Top - End - #2494
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central NY, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As Mycah is caught up in the surge of the crowd, he moves out into the street and quickly follows Ash as he sees that it is indeed his friends who have been involved in the scuffle. Initially alarmed at the quantity of blood spread about on the ground, his relief is obvious once the story comes out.

    "Do you think we have a chance of recovering Artanis' sword if we go after them now? If the one's who got away were injured, there may be a blood trail to follow. Or maybe someone saw them?" Mycah seems to understand how much the sword means to the elf, even if it's just a sword and not magic or anything.

    Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

  5. - Top - End - #2495
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Bran smiles at the positive reaction of the acolyte. He says a short prayer to Petra thanking her and the other Immortals for the gift of his life, then says he has to go home and heads back to the Bor farm with his hireling in tow.

    Bran is more relaxed on his way home, since he illogically figures that any thieves would not rob now that he is carrying no money.

    He remarks to the hireling carrying the torch, "You guys don't have any armor or weapons, right? Remind me tomorrow to arrange for you to get some."

    "Adventuring is dangerous, even if all you do is stay at camp and keep things tidy. We don't want you to get hurt either."

  6. - Top - End - #2496
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "That would be appreciated, sir," the torchbearer replies. "We appreciate the lodging at your family farm, and we're looking forward to the next adventure."

    The walk back to the Bor farm is a quiet one through the western side of town.

    ---

    The guardsmen hurry their efforts at the sight of the crowd. The lookout moves to warn back the looky-loos, and the head guardsman waves to the others to head out. They take the train of prisoners, now awake and bound together by a single rope, down the far end of the alley and out of sight. The thugs remain silent at the sight of armed guardsman and their own bound hands.

    "Please return to the establishment lest you be caught up in something that would require you to answer questions at the jail,"
    the head guardsman humorlessly instructs the crowd. They follow his command with only minimal footdragging.

    The head guardsmen and his lookout bid the party a good evening and depart themselves around the nearest corner. Gesturing at the bodies of the killed thugs, he says, "We will send a wagon for the rest of these fellows. Good evening folks."
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  7. - Top - End - #2497
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna looks around at her companions and resists the urge to pull them all into a group hug, particularly Ash, who she especially missed.
    "Well, then," she says in a deliberately bright and cheery tone, "shall we set off to find Artanis' sword?" She doesn't seem to care how this action would affect the guards or anyone outside the party.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  8. - Top - End - #2498
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis merely looked at the corpses and stated his opinion as to what their next course of action should be.

    "I suggest that we get to somewhere that will not likely be observed. I think I might have a shard of knowledge that might prove helpful in finding the Fangs. However, I will not push for this course of action if my oath-holder does not wish it to be."

    He looked at Alanna to make it obvious who he was referring to.

    Moss fluff, I don't remember any of their names. I shall have to learn them soon if I am to travel with them.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  9. - Top - End - #2499
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Hello Ash, Mycah!" the Thyatian says with a wave. "Good to see you."
    Talsarios watches the guards take away the bound thugs. "Well, no matter what else we do, I should like to observe our prisoners for a while," he says quietly to the assembled group. "Through my studies this week, I have unlocked some arts that might let me peer into the murky thoughts of the felons while they linger in the jail house. No doubt I will learn something of use, eh?"

  10. - Top - End - #2500
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros greets his companions. "Fortune, or rather this dwarf axe, was with Artanis today; looks like the "Fangs" are going to need to be dealt with, root and stem."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  11. - Top - End - #2501
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Light pours out from the windows of The Nut and the loud buzz of chatter leaks out into the street. After the guards have departed, several patrons scurry out of the bar and head off in various directions, probably to spread the word about their exciting brush with death.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  12. - Top - End - #2502
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros waits around for the corpse wagon before heading back for a few more drinks at the ale house. "Come on Artanis, nothing better after a brush with death than a nice dark ale or three." If Alanna really wants to go traipsing around the night dark streets in search of our assailants and his sword, though, Nathros will grudgingly tag along.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  13. - Top - End - #2503
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis' face darkened quickly at the mention of the offer.

    "Whilst I appreciate thy offer Master Dwarf, I shan't addle my thoughts and reveal my secrets. I shall respectfully decline thy offer."

    The last time I tried a drink, I woke up with a hole blasted in my wall from my Magic Arrow, and everyone around me knew where I hid my gold purse.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  14. - Top - End - #2504
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "As you prefer, but many things can happen to addle the mind, best you learn how best to cope with it than worry about the consequences." Nathros turns to Mycah, Talsarios, Allana, and Ashala to see how they are disposed.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  15. - Top - End - #2505
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Talsarios perks up at the mention of a stiff drink: "Oh, splendid idea Nathros - but I don't drink beer: d'you think they'll have a decent Retebian red?"

  16. - Top - End - #2506
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Anything is possible," the dwarf remarks.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  17. - Top - End - #2507
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna shrugs. "I guess we could go get sloshed… if that's really more important than getting Artanis' sword… who knows where it's gotten to by now? It's not as if waiting any longer might let the thieves slip farther from our grasp, right?"
    If she's the only one who wants to press on in the search for the sword, though, she'll somewhat reluctantly follow the group into the tavern, telling Artanis she'll be ready to help him search in the morning. "Meet me at the temple."
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  18. - Top - End - #2508
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Regina, Sask.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    ASH

    Ash listens amusedly to her comrades, but before they take off to drink and what not, she'll remind them what the guard had said, "Hadn't we best let Lord Bost know of this incident before he goes to bed? He'll be our ally if the captured Fangs spread any lies, after all. Though, I don't suppose that'd put us in any real danger. Just add to our inconvenience." With that, and after a brief pause, she'll head off to Bost's manor.

  19. - Top - End - #2509
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Altair_the_Vexed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northamptonshire, UK

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Ah yes - sorry. I've just not had a moment to relax since I set out back when the snows cleared," Talsarios admits, looking a little sad.
    Then he perks up, apparently having had an idea: "I say, why don't I go and listen in on the captives' thoughts to see what useful snipets I can elucidate from their muddled minds, while you, Ash, go to tell Bost what's up - oh, and perhaps get a messenger sent to Brandon to meet us later, Ash - and meanwhile, Artanis and anyone else who wants to help look can see if there are any tracks or signs of the fleeing felons.
    "Then we can all meet back at the Nut in about an hour, possibly armed with better information, and talk over the best plan of action. Hm?"
    Last edited by Altair_the_Vexed; 2012-09-30 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Adding the need to get Brandon in on the discussion!

  20. - Top - End - #2510
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis wordlessly began to search for any clues as to where his attackers might have run off to.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tracking DC 14 (excluding any penalties I am not aware of): (1d20)[2]

    Hey Roland, since I'm a low level elf it says I should subtract 1 from the total, but that would mean I get a better score. Should I add 1 instead?
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  21. - Top - End - #2511
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Ash heads off to the south, in the direction of Lord Bost's manor.

    Talsarios begins to head northwest, toward the townhall jail, where presumably the prisoners were marched off to, though he lingers a moment in case one of his allies wants to join him or call him back. He surmises that any number of The Nut's patrons would be willing to run a message out to the Bor farm for a bit of coin.

    Artanis begins to stalk the area beginning at where he was knocked down, and examines the tracks. There were many tracks into the alley but very few headed back out. He follows the two pair that seemed to be running, heavy boot tracks heading out of and away from the alley. They headed east toward the docks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to split up again, that's fine with me. But do declare your PCs actions and lets keep this rolling...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunamiatunzen1 View Post
    Hey Roland, since I'm a low level elf it says I should subtract 1 from the total, but that would mean I get a better score. Should I add 1 instead?
    Where does it say that?
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  22. - Top - End - #2512
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis turned to Alanna and reported his findings.

    "As our scholar seems to have taken leadership for now, I shall defer to his judgement. If you wish to pursue the 'Elf Stalkers', that may or may not be the Fangs, then I have found their trail. It leads to the docks."

    Despite his desire to go after Solahel, he won't do anything without Alanna's permission.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

  23. - Top - End - #2513
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MeanMrsMustard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Alanna stands a moment in thought before speaking slowly, as if she hasn't made up her mind yet.
    "Hmm… I'd say this boils down to a question of being fast, or being ready. If we want to be fast, we could run out to the docks right now and test our luck -- but we'd probably be pretty unlucky, seeing as I'm completely unarmed and unarmored, and you don't have your sword. I don't know what magic you have, but I only have healing. If we want to be prepared, we'd at the very least have to make a stop at the temple to pick up my stuff, and I know I'd definitely feel better about having our companions to back us up, 'stead of it just being the two of us. I think Ash and Talsarios both have good ideas -- it's best if Bost knows what we're doing and could possibly back us up, and it's very possible that the thugs we captured know something about where their buddies went with your sword. The only real downside I see to waiting until we're more prepared is that the sword-thieves might get away while we're preparing ourselves. In the end, though, it's your call, Artanis."
    If Artanis decides to press on in the search for Solahel, she'll follow him to the docks. If not, she'll tell him that she's going to the prison with Talsarios and that he's free to follow her or choose his own path.
    "Hey! Talsarios! Wait up, I'm tagging along!"
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

    Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show





  24. - Top - End - #2514
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tsunamiatunzen1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Artanis found himself torn between keeping his oath-keeper safe and retrieving his most prized possession.

    He looked around at each person's possesions and tried to assess what could be spared for Alanna.

    "I would very much wish to be after my sword since I still have a bow and a short sword. However, I do not wish to put you in danger or discomfort. I shall track them down while you get your belongings. I should have someone come with me to run a message to you."

    He will then ask for volunteers among the party to help capture the thieves.

    "After all, the first time is self-defense. The second time will be us acting as vigilantes."
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

    OoC Thread for my character/party treasure list: Undistributed Treasure List

    Dice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]


    I Am A:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    STR.-11
    DEX.-15
    CON.-11
    INT.-15
    WIS.-13
    CHA.-13

    Personally I think my Strength and Constitution are a lot weaker than this... I'm too stubborn to give up.

    Current Avatar: Neo Granzon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •