Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros takes the rear and provides the helping hand desired.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    After an initial tight squeeze, Brandon finds that passage opens and the floor seems to level out a bit. The glowing beetle orb, though dim, is sufficient to light the way in the small tunnel. It's more like a long narrow closet than a proper hallway, and Nathros can tell that it's naturally made, a simple crack in the earth caused by something deeper shifting.

    The tunnel travels probably few hundred feet, mostly straight east, though only Nathros notices the subtle downward slope over most of it. Brandon leads the way with Sid shepherding the kobold along in the middle and Jeanne and Nathros bringing up the rear.

    Brandon notices as the front edge of his orb's light reveals that the tunnel before them opens into a room (about ten feet away).

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stefan returned to the mill and probably Threshold. Jeanne noticed him signal that he would do so. If anyone notices his absence, she will share.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-12-02 at 03:16 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    As soon as Brandon was able to get to a part of the tunnel that was wide enough to stand up in, he crawled back and informed the rest of the party of his findings.

    Then he got his equipment. Perhaps taking multiple crawls, he dragged them through the tight part of the tunnel until he was fully equipped again.

    Unfortunately, he was even filthier than before now. He growled, "Damn this tunnel. I can feel dirt in my unmentionables."

    Holding the bug organs in one hand and his sword in the other, he carefully stepped forward into the room he had found.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2010-12-03 at 12:14 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid slapped him on the shoulder and grinned, "Aw, quit whining! Think of the treasure!" As Brandon heads into the room, he indicated it to the kobold. "That's the place you were talking about, then? Nothing interesting? Just a dead end, right?"
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon snapped over his shoulder to Sid.

    "Easy for you to say. You weigh at least 30 pounds less than I do and your middle is correspondingly thinner."

    "When I crawl through these damn tight tunnels, my belly and flanks and back scrape against the walls. Guess where all the dirt ends up? In my drawers!"

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nahros gives an exasperated look upwards at the influx of personal information being imparted to him by his companions, then gives the kobold a kick to cheer himself up. "Onwards?"
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    As Brandon bears the glowing light into the small cavern (he judges it merely fifteen feet wide, though it's depth is hard to judge in the dim light), he spots several more furry, dog-faced kobolds, and beyond them a human woman, chained to a large rock.

    They spot him to and are quick to toss small spears in his direction. Their aim is poor and the sound of their cursing loud.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Foes won Initiative 1d6=1, 1d6=4.
    They also all missed.

    Their are actually four of them by Brandon's count though more may be hiding outside the orb's light.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon roared over his shoulder, "Kobolds got a captive lady here!"

    Then the farm boy turned fighter strode forward to the attack, cutting at the nearest kobold with his sword. His shield still hung at his back since he was carrying the beetle organ light in his right hand.


    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+1)[16]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5]


  9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid chuckled at Brandon's complaints and had been about to continue teasing him, but as the light revealed what was in the room, he cursed, kicked their captive himself, and ducked to the right of the doorway, if possible, to give the people behind him some room. If not possible, he'd let Nathros pass him, then shoot. He shot at the kobold closest to the chained human.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack ---> (1d20+2)[10] Damage ---> [roll]1d6[roll] Okay. I messed that up. But oh well. Looks as if it would have missed, anyways.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-04 at 10:11 PM.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros charges into the fray (assuming he is still holding torch).

    Spoiler
    Show

    THAC0: 19
    Attack: (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington State, USA

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    The torchlight from the small passageway caught her attention before her kobold captors noticed it. It took her a few seconds to understand what it meant: These kobolds didn't make fire on their own and they certainly wouldn't carry torches. Someone else was coming!

    She wasn't sure whether to be scared or relieved. She had lost complete track of time down in this dark hole. When the two humans, followed by a dwarf, came rushing towards the kobolds, a fire of determination sparked in her eye...The time has come.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Do the chains prevent Petrillia from casting a spell?
    Last edited by sbwilson; 2010-12-05 at 12:05 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    There were four of them within the glow of Brandon's light and Nathros' torch, but more could be lurking down the hallway-like room.

    Brandon strides in bravely, dealing a knock-down blow to the nearest kobold. Sid fires an arrow into the dim room, but his shot goes over the head of the kobold in front of him.

    Nathros pushes his way into the room but his strike misses as well. The kobold attacks back with a small dagger and while he lands a blow, it's slight.

    The other two kobolds rush at Brandon, but their daggers are easily deflected by his armor.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nathros -1 hp

    Petrilla has been unable to study her spells or prepare for the last couple days. She is chained to a rock. Around her are some fist-sized rocks. Her belongings are in a pile across the room. (Sorry!) Petrilla does know that there is a fifth kobold, the leader, brooding down the hall opposite our heroes' entrance.

    Foes win Initiative for Round 2: 1d6=4, 1d6=5


    The two kobolds nearest Brandon snarl and swing their daggers furiously but with little skill. Neither lands a blow even on his armor.

    The little beast nearest Nathros seems surprised to have landed a blow on the dwarf and his follow up attack comes up short.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-12-07 at 12:03 AM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    With Nathros past him, Sid stayed in the tunnel, where he shot at one of the kobolds again. He growled, when Nathros was hit and gave Petrilla a determined, "We'll get you out of here," sort of look, when he saw her head rise. Sweating, he called to the others, "We can't leave her here!" Eyes bugging at the fact that shields aren't up, he panted, "But don't go doing anything stupid!"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack ---> (1d20+2)[20] Damage ---> (1d6)[4] If the torchlight reveals that the room looks large enough for mayhaps a bit of maneuvering, he'd head inside while backing away from kobolds.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor

    Brandon grinned to see one kobold fall to his sword. He stepped to the left and swung his blade at another kobold, shouting, "Back! Get back, you little weasels!'


    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+1)[7]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]


  15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    "Cursed little yappers!" Nathros yells, and renews his attack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    THAC0: 19
    Attack: (1d20+1)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington State, USA

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Petrillia

    If I can distract them just a little...

    In a voice that echoed loudly through the confined space, Petrillia called out to the kobolds: "Beware! The Beastman King's fall is near! Halav and his army have come!"

    With that, she grabbed a nearby hunk of rock and weakly threw it at one of the kobolds attacking the large human (Brandon).

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 3 AC: 9 (or worse since she is chained up) Spells in effect: N/A THAC0: 21 (19 thrown)

    Attack: (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid had stepped just enough into the room to let Nathros pass and Jeanne was now able to kneel behind him and get off as shot with her bow, though it goes wide.

    Nathros swipes angrily at the nearest kobold but misses the wiry guy.

    Sid has better results putting an arrow right through the eye of the kobold he'd missed the first time. It drops with a squeal of pain and gurgle.

    Petrilla repays the favor with a well-thrown rock that catches the kobold attacking Nathros in the back of the head. He snarls and spins to look at her with a dazed look on his face

    The two remaining kobolds seem confused by her words and the authority with which she shouts them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Status:
    Two kobolds down and almost certainly dead. One badly injured near Nathros. One uninjured in hand-to-hand combat with Brandon.

    Foes win Initiative again!
    1d6=2, 1d6=3
    And they make their Morale rolls!


    Brandon appears to be master swordsman next to this pesky kobold, easily swatting away its dagger thrusts. Nathros fares even better against his confused opponent as the little guy grabs his head with one hand and feebly points his dagger at Nathros without even really moving it toward the dwarf.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Matthew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Nathros presses his attack!

    Spoiler
    Show

    THAC0: 19
    Attack: (1d20+1)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

    – Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    So much fighting and crawling beneath the earth were taking a toll on Brandon's constitution. His armored chest heaved as he tried to draw in air.

    Through gritted teeth the stout young farm boy snarled as he tried to skewer the remaining unhurt kobold with his sword. "Hold... still."


    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+1)[5]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[6]


  20. - Top - End - #260
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan Reinhardt

    Stefan was moving faster than he thought possible in his heavy plate-mail surcoat. His footfalls were heavy now, uncaring of what terrors he would awake in his flight. He burst from the front door of the mill and into the welcome light of day. His heart and mind raced with adrenaline as he felt the safety of the sun wash over him.

    No way! There's no way I can do that. Petra...

    Stefan hunched over, hands resting on his knees as he panted.

    ...It's too much! Why would you send a novice when Father Hasiluk was in just last week? And why would you send me, if you had to send any novice. You know me, Petra! You're supposed to be the Goddess of Wisdom--

    He stopped his train of thought as it ran close to blasphemy. A wash of calmness mixed with self-loathing came over Stefan, and he sunk heavily to the ground. The unfamiliar sound of metal armor rattled about him as his weight shifted. Relentingly, Stefan allowed himself to look back towards the old mill. The gaping maw from which he had just sprung seemed hungry to devour him once more.

    Stefan shook his head to dismiss that notion. It was a building, belonging to Lord Bost - nothing more. There was a job to do. A job that Stefan had never in his life pictured himself actually wanting to do.

    Adventurers die. Isn't that it? A get rich quick scheme - just right for my brothers, but not little Stefan. His mother's words were echoing in his head.

    I can just imagine Brandon coming back with the head of some dragon over his shoulder, all triumphant, just like he always was. But I'd never have thought Sid would be so eager to jump into danger like that!

    Stefan frowned.

    Sid wasn't eager - he was scared too, Stefan had seen it in his eyes. Sid! Why'd you gotta have such a big chip on your shoulder all the time! This is exactly what got you into trouble with those braggarts down at Baron's. If I hadn't been there to talk you out of it, you woulda --

    Stefan looked down into his hand. His fingers clenched tightly around the grip of his mace.

    Petra...

    Stefan rose, shakily and turned to run.

    ...You sure could have picked a better novice than me!

    Stefan re-entered the mill as quickly as he had fled.
    Last edited by Valameer; 2010-12-07 at 07:44 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan Reinhardt

    It was through this little tunnel here, wasn't it? No, wait, that's where I just came from. Oh man.

    The rough tunnels underneath the Old Mill weren't exactly the most sprawling in the world, but being cramped in such a tight space was disorienting enough to the young man. And it was rather dark.

    If I didn't have this mail on, I could slip through a lot easier...

    Stefan bit his lip in an attempt to think more rationally. There was no way he was going to take his armor off down here. In fact, why hadn't he worn two coats? That new boy they called Pear (due to his unfortunate body shape) had armor fitted to him last week - and Stefan could probably fit it over his own if he tried.

    Next time, next time. Where am I?

    Stefan didn't have a lit torch. In his haste he had picked up some glowing bug organ - an eye maybe? It didn't cast much light though.

    The deep baritone of Brandon's battle cry rumbled faintly through the cavern - followed by the below of a dwarf.

    Gotcha!

    Stefan wormed his way through the tight tunnel until he could see torchlight, and heard more clearly the sound of a battle - and a new voice. A human woman's voice, distinct from Jeanne's. As he slid forward, he gripped his mace.

    What's a woman doing down here? Or was that a girl? Maybe she's the little dog guy's leader? No that's dumb - she's probably a squatter that got trapped by them. Poor thing... wait, why is that tone so familiar? Reminds me of hot soup...

    Stefan emerged from the narrow tunnel to the sight of the battle. He quickly apprised the situation. He saw his friends dancing in battle with the dog men. Thank the Gods, Sid, I should've known better than to worry so much. Stefan swallows and casts an embarrased smile and a reassuring nod if anyone turned back to acknowledge him when he shows up.

    If he could - he was going to try to get to that woman and break her free! But how?

    "W-Where's the key?" he hastily asked the trapped girl.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stefan; Thac0: 19. AC: 3 (shield on back)
    Priority is freeing/protecting Petrillia. Priority list: First, he'll follow her directions if she seems to know where the key is. Second, if the fallen kobold's bodies are reasonably safe to get to, he'll try to search their belts for a key ring. Third, if he figures he can reasonably strike the lock on Petrillia's shackles while in no way indangering her - even slightly - he'll use his mace on it. Fourth, he'll defensively stand near her if he can get that close. And fifth, if none of the other options are plausible, he'll rush up to a kobold's flank (the one fighting Brandon) and strike with his mace.

    Roll to hit: (1d20)[7]. Roll for damage: (1d6)[3]

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid, "Phew!"ed, when he dropped one of the kobolds. His hand hesitated as it went searching for another arrow, when Petrillia attempted to scare the kobolds. Wha? Army? He reflexively glanced behind him and was confused to see Stefan smiling and nodding apologetically. Stefan's no army, but why's he apologizing for that? He nodded back at Stefan but grimaced, when he saw the guy head straight for the girl. A moment later, he found an arrow and let loose a burst of laughter, when he realized that she had just been bluffing. Well, at least she's not entirely useless, like most damsels in distress! he thought. He fired at the kobold near Nathros.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack ---> (1d20+2)[6] Damage ---> (1d6)[4]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington State, USA

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Petrillia Ilyanov

    Well, that didn't work as well as expected. I thought with all the stories I was telling about comparing them to the ancient Beastman army would throw them into a scare at the name of Halav. Ah well...no accounting for the brains of little dogmen.

    At the sight of yet another human entering through the tunnel, Petrillia thought that perhaps an army had come. What are all these people doing down here? Here I was planning an escape for days and now suddenly the whole town shows up.

    Then, with a sudden flash of recognition: Oh for the love of... It was that young priesty-type boy. Petrillia had seen him at the inn from time to time. Oh, he was friendly enough and nice to look at, but she just didn't care much for the overly religious. Ah well, if the Immortals want a hand in getting me out of here, fine. But I could have figured it out on my own...

    With that, she lauches another rock at a kobold with a "Take that you stinkin' dogman!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 3 AC: 9 (or worse since she is chained up) Spells in effect: N/A THAC0: 21 (19 thrown)

    (1d20)[16]

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon and Nathros find the kobolds better at dodging than attacking, each leaning just out of reach at the right time.

    Sid fires past the nearest kobold as Jeanne does the same. Stefan finds himself at the entrance to the little room, with the woman of interest at the far side. Sid and Jeanne block his way, unfortunately, unaware of his presence.

    Petrilla reloads, tossing another rock into the nearest kobold's back. It makes a sickening "thunk" and the little kobold slumps forward at Nathros' feet.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative: PCs - (1d6)[4]; Foes - (1d6)[2] PCs Win!

    The fifteen foot room is at least that deep. Nathros, Jeanne, Sid, and Brandon stand nearly shoulder to shoulder across the entrance, the only living kobold remaining is engaged with Brandon toe-to-toe.

    Petrilla is ten to fifteen feet in the room, still chained to a rock. And apparently an excellent rock thrower. (Thrown rocks do 1d3, btw.)
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-12-09 at 09:41 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Sid stepped over their kobold captive and into the room, to let Stefan in. With only one kobold left standing, he grinned exultantly at their inevitable victory. He, "Tsk!"ed at their captive as he fired at Brandon's opponent. "Should have told us the truth!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack ---> (1d20+2)[7] Damage ---> (1d6)[4]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon Bor


    Brandon crowed out excitedly as the strange woman's rock connected with the kobold's head. "Good shot, lady!"

    Again, he attacked, hacking at his own kobold with his sword.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+1)[19]
    Thac0: 19
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]


  27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Valameer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Stefan Reinhardt

    Stefan slid to a stop, seeing no clear path across the room. He looked about anxiously before deciding there was only one option available.

    "Hey, Sid, watch out!"

    Stefan shrugged his shield off his back and onto his arm. Adjusting his helmet he moved into the fray.

    Ok. Just like at practice. Keep your eyes on your target. Visualize. Yikes, watch out for Brandon's backswing!

    He hunched down protectively as he plodded forward, shield and mace readied.

    "Coming through!" he announced.

    If he gets in range of the last remaining beast, he swings down as hard as he can. He probably forgets to keep his eyes open.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stefan. Thac0: 19. AC: 2.
    If Sid or anyone moves to give Stefan a way in, he moves up and attacks with his mace.
    To hit: (1d20)[2] Damage: (1d6)[3]

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington State, USA

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Bor
    "Good shot, lady!"
    Petrillia Ilyanov

    Petrillia responds with a non-commital "Mmm." She had helped slaughter animals for food in the past, but she hadn't consciously thought about killing another intelligent being.

    Intelligent? Well, yeah, I suppose. After all, these things set traps, speak Common...sort of, and were at least smart enought to keep me chained to this stupid barrel. I guess it really is a moot point now. It's dead and I'm not. I suppose it would have been only a matter of time before Top Dogman loses complete control and they would be serving ME up for dinner. Stupid dogmen!

    A few days ago, the thought of dying was merely an academic thought experiment. Her time in this dark, filthy hole had brought death out of the abstract and into cold and harsh reality. And it scared her more than she wanted to admit.

    Scrunching up her face to keep the tears back, Petrillia reaches for another rock. "Stupid animals!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 3 AC: 9 (or worse since she is chained up) Spells in effect: N/A THAC0: 21 (19 thrown)

    Attack: (1d20)[8]
    Damage: (1d3)[3]

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator
     
    Roland St. Jude's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Brandon cuts into the remaining kobold and it yips with pain. It leaps back out of reach of Stefan's swing and both Petrilla's rock and Sid's arrow go wide.

    Neither Nathros nor Jeanne have a clear view of the little thing.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The room layout remains the same.
    Lone kobold makes his morale check, surprisingly.

    Initiative:
    PCs - (1d6)[4]; foes - (1d6)[2]

    PCs win.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-12-12 at 04:06 PM.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TruorTupnm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Old Ways IC

    Sid "The Sneak" Aimes

    Seeing that things are still pretty crowded, Sid moved farther into the right side of the room, trying to make room for Jeanne and Nathros. Mumbling to himself about needing practice, he shot at the last kobold again. Hearing Petrillia's yell, he winced at their own captive and wondered what its life expectancy was like, with these people. He could understand thieves, or just people with a bunch of secret tunnels for a great hideout, and he had no idea why this lady was down here, in the first place.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4 AC: 6 Spells in effect: Nope. Thac0: 19

    Attack ---> (1d20+2)[15] Damage ---> (1d6)[3]
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

    - Myself

    Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •