New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

The last time it snowed around here was February. The last time before that?

1999. IIRC

It does not snow in the South. It does not snow ever.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    You don't know what real snow is. Each tiny, beautiful snowflake is a harbinger of death. There number is uncountable. It is relentless, and will do all that it can to drive the last of the heat from you body.

I don't like the cold
    I prefer the cold. Gets too hot here for three seasons a year... So glad we have central air... Ugh, and I might be moving to Irvine... I think it's even hotter there...
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

1999. IIRC

Snows even less south of the border.

I wish it did. I'd like to do snowy day things.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Snows even less south of the border.

I wish it did. I'd like to do snowy day things.
    A funny thing: I once went further up north for something completely unrelated, but it was still snow season during that time so we'd ('we' being myself and the other ten or so people crammed into the bus) resolved to do something you could only do with snow when we got there and finished our business. We'd figure out what later- for the time being, we just wanted some snow.

When we got there the snow had, of course, melted, as is life. There were clumps of it on the sides of some of the back roads. Teasing us.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

In a couple of weeks it should snow, and we'll have lots and lots of it. You can take some if you want

6. - Top - End - #366
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    Talking about Jazz Jackrabbit got me thinking about Commander Keen, and now I feel nostalgic.

On snow: I wish we had some. My roomate likes keeping the thermostat around 27-30 degrees, and it's uncomfortably hot.
    You can buy the (almost) complete set of Commander Keens from Steam now.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #367
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Never actually had allergic reactions to dust or cats or anything before. I'm trying to remember... once or twice he has had sinus issues but I think those were from an infection.

Basically this stuff just started up out of the blue a few nights ago and he's actually having his inner ear getting messed with, having his ears pop quickly in rapid succession which has only ever happened to me once or twice with a rather bad one. Apparently his sinuses themselves aren't reacting to whatever's aggravating him though. Was originally just on contact with his bed, now it's small attacks just from sitting in his room.

Oh, and his eyes are watering and seeming to swell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You can buy the (almost) complete set of Commander Keens from Steam now.
    Right! Steam is a thing now. I guess a few bucks is a small price compared to having to work with excessively finicky old technology.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Never actually had allergic reactions to dust or cats or anything before. I'm trying to remember... once or twice he has had sinus issues but I think those were from an infection.

Basically this stuff just started up out of the blue a few nights ago and he's actually having his inner ear getting messed with, having his ears pop quickly in rapid succession which has only ever happened to me once or twice with a rather bad one. Apparently his sinuses themselves aren't reacting to whatever's aggravating him though. Was originally just on contact with his bed, now it's small attacks just from sitting in his room.

Oh, and his eyes are watering and seeming to swell.
    Has he seen a doctor? That should be the best option, really.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, that's what I recommended in addition to the vacuuming of the entire room, including the walls and ceiling.

Though I probably should've just said to clean with a sponge/wet rag for the walls and ceiling.

Maybe mop it.

I think he's got the kind that can be mopped.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-10-03 at 04:58 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #371
    Banned

1999. IIRC

Last time I've seen it snow in my hometown was 1996.
    Everything does end up covered in frost on those cold mornings though.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2010-10-03 at 06:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Looks like a Sonic rip-off made by Americans.
    I admit, my explanation would've been something like, imagine if Sonic was a green rabbit, with guns.
    Interbob's explanation is better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Okay, I can see you guys aren't going to get by without a summary. But I'm too tired to be witty right now. However, I wasn't too tired to be witty when I wrote the one and only TV tropes review, so I'm going to copy it here for your convenience.
    I did iust realise the Mario comparisons also. Though I don't remember finding the controls difficult.

ION: Oh. I slept in. I'm late for a rehearsal. As in, when I woke up I was late for a rehearsal. Now I am more so.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #373

NecromancerGuy

It's a platformer. There's an inherent mario comparison there.

Silly Thufir posting with us instead of going to be all Ruddigorilicious.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #374

Ah man, Jazz Jackrabbit, I love that game. Now I kinda want to play it again.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I still think the best Computer Game ever was Age of Mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Lego Rock Raiders. That is all.

17. - Top - End - #377

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

'Nuff said

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #378

I would like to state that this is the first time I've had a hangover at all, and it's slightly annoying. I'm not dying, but this very slight headache is incredibely annoying. Still, I pity my other friends. They're gonna get suuuuch huge headaches.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Meh. I never got on with AoM or AoE. My personal opinion would be Civilisation Original. Possibly IV, but Original was brilliant. Clear, and fun. It had its problems (No Ghengis, you shouldn't declare war on me when I have tanks and you have Militia) but what other game could you say "Goddamnit, Ghandi nuked me AGAIN!"?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Original was brilliant. Clear, and fun. It had its problems
    Roads and railroads over the ocean. Phalanxes that would beat battleships and cruisers. Wonders of the world that would just suddenly appear in enemy cities with no resource allocation.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

'Nuff said
    Good taste, sir. Though...<.<; ....;-; I never did play any of the Monkey Island games. I REALLY need to get DOSBOX working and play one of the old ones.

Hmmm...other old games that are really good...

Hey, how come no one has mentioned X-Com yet?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

22. - Top - End - #382

NecromancerGuy

Roads and railroads over the ocean. Phalanxes that would beat battleships and cruisers. Wonders of the world that would just suddenly appear in enemy cities with no resource allocation.
    Just like real life.

I never got to play the Monkey Island series. Was quite sad about that.

Of course, the best game is still the most dangerous game.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #383

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Good taste, sir. Though...<.<; ....;-; I never did play any of the Monkey Island games. I REALLY need to get DOSBOX working and play one of the old ones.
    Dosbox? What on earth for?

I never got to play the Monkey Island series. Was quite sad about that.
    $9.95 on Steam in High Definition glory with voice acting, remastered audio and tonnes of extras (including the ability to instantly switch to original graphics). $14.95 with Monkey Island 1.

24. - Top - End - #384

NecromancerGuy

A bit more than 9.95 to upgrade to the next last generation of Mac.

Though, I really should get around to doing so.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Dosbox? What on earth for?

$9.95 on Steam in High Definition glory with voice acting, remastered audio and tonnes of extras (including the ability to instantly switch to original graphics). $14.95 with Monkey Island 1.
    ...:o This looks promising. :3 Will have to get.

Also, I have totally played the first Civilization. I remember it well.

Diplomats. :3
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a copy of AoM I'm looking to sell, actually...
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

1999. IIRC

last time it snowed in my part of the great state of lone stardom was for 2 days, 2 years ago.
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

28. - Top - End - #388

Yum.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Yum.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's awesome. Does it imprint little letters and numbers?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

I just ordered Cheese[-burger] without cheese. I find it quite stupid when there are no cheeseless alternatives for us who don't like cheese in cooked food.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show