New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

...I'm finally NOT LIVING IN A HOSTEL WOOOO

I'm with a host family now and it's oh so good. Oh so, so, so good.
    I mean, not living on campus sucks, but I'm an honorary member of "the house of gourmet" where there are FANTASTIC MEALS EVERY NIGHT so it's all good, really.

In addition, I'm doing Fencing now! And Archery! And Ultimate Frisbee! So basically all the medival sports.Before anyone gets on my case about Frisbee Queen Elizabeth loved the hell outta ultimate frissbee, there is a whole shakespeare play about it.

Also, I've made loads of new freinds. Including a gaggle of californian girls, who I took for fish and chips!
    Last edited by Lyesmith; 2010-10-03 at 04:48 PM.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Take it easy, man!
    ____

3. - Top - End - #393
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Yum.

Spoiler
    Show
    Semi-Related (warning. Screen-stretchy goodness.):

Spoiler
    Show
    Look! A Monument to the Keyboard!
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2010-10-03 at 05:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

:O

FIRST JOB OF THE YEAR, WOO! ^O^

Half a day of work at the school tomorrow. It's not much, but it's about 40 bucks to my name. So I'mma take it. ^^
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Firbolg in the Playground

Silly Thufir posting with us instead of going to be all Ruddigorilicious.
    No, not that. Chamber choir consisting of me and my friends. Not so bothered about timeliness since we were mostly rehearsing for a concert on tuesday which I won't be at because I'll be doing Ruddigore.
    Also I needed breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I still think the best Computer Game ever was Age of Mythology.
    Portal.

$9.95 on Steam in High Definition glory with voice acting, remastered audio and tonnes of extras (including the ability to instantly switch to original graphics). $14.95 with Monkey Island 1.
    Ooh... *Curiosity grabbed*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    No, not that. Chamber choir consisting of me and my friends. Not so bothered about timeliness since we were mostly rehearsing for a concert on tuesday which I won't be at because I'll be doing Ruddigore.
    Also I needed breakfast.

Portal.

Ooh... *Curiosity grabbed*
    Will not argue the awesomeness of Portal.

However, at this point I'm starting to feel like it is just a little overblown how awesome it was.

Mind, you this is the Final Fantasy VII conundrum, where a game is genuinely stellar, but you feel that it far exceeds the acclaim that it receives, and when you bring this up you are either called out for not recognizing how great it is or called out for not bashing it hard enough, though I think the former is more likely to occur than the latter here, but I digress.

Portal was a great game. It MIGHT be the best game of all time. It might not. I certainly think that Civilization could be considered the greatest game ever made for different reasons. Or Super Mario Brothers 3. Or even, Shigeru forgive me, Halo. It's subjective to what you consider to be a good game, and while certain aspects of a game definitely make it a superior example, it does not necessarily make it the best.

Long story short, give other games a try, especially if they aren't in the mainstream. You might find yourself to be a massive fan of Ogre Tactics or Ace Attorney, and then you'll be happy that you tried something different.

So I will be giving Monkey Island a try as soon as I have some free time to devote to it. <.<;
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

The only problem I have with Portal is that it's a bit short. That's the only reason I might pick another game as my favourite. I suspect Portal 2 will be my favourite game ever with no qualifiers.

Whee, Ink Thief. "Pay 'tention. Have 'ventures. Woof?"
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    The only problem I have with Portal is that it's a bit short. That's the only reason I might pick another game as my favourite. I suspect Portal 2 will be my favourite game ever with no qualifiers.

Whee, Ink Thief. "Pay 'tention. Have 'ventures. Woof?"
    i loved GLaDOS' lines in the trailer for portal 2
    "Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Portal is great, yes, but was far too short. Super Mario Bros 3 is still the best.

Most series see their best at #3... Super Mario Bros 3, Megaman 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, ect... Given how good Portal is and how good Portal 2 looks, Portal 3 may usurp Super Mario Bros 3's position.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-10-03 at 08:16 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

"We have a lot in common, you and I. You tested me, I tested you. You killed me, I killed- oh, wait, I guess I haven't killed you yet.

Oh well, food for thought."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Commencing smooth jazz in 3...2...1....

*plays smooth jazz*
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Grooves to smooth jazz*
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, now I feel like some smooth jazz.

Any recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, now I feel like some smooth jazz.

Any recommendations?
    anything that isn't kenny g human mop
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Mind, you this is the Final Fantasy VII conundrum, where a game is genuinely stellar, but you feel that it far exceeds the acclaim that it receives, and when you bring this up you are either called out for not recognizing how great it is or called out for not bashing it hard enough, though I think the former is more likely to occur than the latter here, but I digress.
    I agree. But I think there's also the case of games that don't age well. It happens to books and movies too, actually. Some are really good and popular when they're released, then some years later they just don't work as well anymore.

Final Fantasy's become a lot more shiny graphics as of late, so some of the newer fans might not appreciate the older games as much.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. I'd have to go with Deus Ex. (Runner ups include Tron 2.0, Dark Messiah, System Shock 2, Bioshock, Fallout 3... Yeah, I've got a theme going!)
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    I agree. But I think there's also the case of games that don't age well. It happens to books and movies too, actually. Some are really good and popular when they're released, then some years later they just don't work as well anymore.

Final Fantasy's become a lot more shiny graphics as of late, so some of the newer fans might not appreciate the older games as much.
    I would disagree. I bought Final Fantasy XIII and I was actually disappointed. It just never hooked me like any other Final Fantasy game did.

My personal favorite was Final Fantasy X. I just loved the story, and Auron is my favorite video game character of all time.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey playgrounders, I have a situation. I recently found out that my girlfriend is pregnant, and I'm really scared. Her period is two weeks late so we're pretty sure she's pregnant. Any advice?
    Quotable Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.”
    -Crowley

Avvie by Akrim.elf

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

First, be 100% sure that her period is late because she is pregnant, rather than another condition that might cause such a delay.

Then, I suggest looking up baby names. For a girl, I am partial to Temperance.

'kay, that was cruel, but still, if she is pregnant, you need to figure out whether to keep the baby. If not, your options are twofold: abortion or adoption. If you will keep the baby (which is mostly her choice), well, good luck, I guess.

Still, consider Temperance for a girl name.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordOMud View Post
    Hey playgrounders, I have a situation. I recently found out that my girlfriend is pregnant, and I'm really scared. Her period is two weeks late so we're pretty sure she's pregnant. Any advice?
    imagine a kitten, puppy, guinea pig, regular pig, and an alarm clock all rolled into one and yoiu have a baby. good luck

seriously though, i agree with rose the first thing you need to know is are you going to keep him/her/it
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

21. - Top - End - #411
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

CurlyKitGirl:

Spoiler
    Show

Enjoy

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    I would disagree. I bought Final Fantasy XIII and I was actually disappointed. It just never hooked me like any other Final Fantasy game did.

My personal favorite was Final Fantasy X. I just loved the story, and Auron is my favorite video game character of all time.
    Emphasis mine. You've played the older ones first, then.

Either way, I'll agree on X. I actually like it a lot.

CurlyKitGirl:

Spoiler
    Show

Enjoy
    My face.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2010-10-03 at 11:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordOMud View Post
    Confirm if that is truly the cause.

Take appropriate action. I don't think there's more that can be said with the current intel.

Well, I guess that could include, determining what appropriate action would be.

Rawhide: Those are scarily detailed japanese dolls.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-10-03 at 11:10 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

CurlyKitGirl:

Spoiler
    Show

Enjoy
    i don't know what to do, i am petrified with confusion, are they dolls or human?
    Last edited by CynicalAvocado; 2010-10-03 at 11:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

25. - Top - End - #415

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    i don't know what to do, i am petrified with confusion, are they dolls or human?
    Look at the eyes, and eyebrows.

Uncanny valley indeed.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Look at the eyes, and eyebrows.

Uncanny valley indeed.
    *takes a look*
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

CurlyKitGirl:

Spoiler
    Show

Enjoy
    Pretty good. Jessie's hair doesn't look quite right though. James is pretty well perfect.

Didn't you watch Pokemon all the time?
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-10-04 at 12:12 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Dern youngins and their pokeymans...

(Pokémon started just barely after I was too old to have any chance of ever being interested in it. I'm 27, so what was that, when I was in High School?)
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-10-04 at 12:20 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Pretty good. Jessie's hair doesn't look quite right though. James is pretty well perfect.

Didn't you watch Pokemon all the time?
    i quit after 2nd gen
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    Dern youngins and their pokeymans...

(Pokémon started just barely after I was too old to have any chance of ever being interested in it. I'm 27, so what was that, when I was in High School?)
    Probably. Considering high School is the only time of life when we're not allowed to like Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show