New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    You'd think she could at least warn you!
    Yes. If she had warned me, I would've been able to convince her to drive the 10 minutes to her boyfriend's house to make them.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being 15... I was 15 once... And I'd have a different list of accomplishments in the post 12 years ago... (My first games...) I'm just not.
    It's OK, I was 15 about 2 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. If she had warned me, I would've been able to convince her to drive the 10 minutes to her boyfriend's house to make them.
    *facepalm* Which is, presumably, exactly why she didn't warn you.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

My brother made chocolate chip cookies. I've had trouble staying angry for any real length of time since near the end of 3rd grade... I'm getting over it. I just needed to vent.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-10-05 at 08:43 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

venting is good.
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

She also owes me about $19,000 which I'm not charging any sort of interest on...

Seriously, you should never have to lend out that kind of money. Unless you're a bank.
    And... gah. I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Were, not we're.
    I'm sure I remember a time, not long ago, when we were correcting your grammar (Though I might be thinking of a different young poster). They can be taught!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Seriously, you should never have to lend out that kind of money. Unless you're a bank.
    And... gah. I have no words.
    She's good for it. She's always paid me back in the past, and has been slowly taking my rent from that total, so part of it's kinda like pre-paid rent.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-10-05 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm sure I remember a time, not long ago, when we were correcting your grammar (Though I might be thinking of a different young poster). They can be taught!
    I'm sure you were. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I'm sure you were. What's your point?
    His point is that you've learned well. *sniff* They grow up so fast

10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    His point is that you've learned well. *sniff* They grow up so fast
    Aw, don't get all sentimental on us now. You always leave a mess of empty ice cream containers when you do, and I always have to clean it up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Aw, don't get all sentimental on us now. You always leave a mess of empty ice cream containers when you do, and I always have to clean it up.
    I can't help it, I'm just so proud.

12. - Top - End - #522

I can't help it, I'm just so proud.
    That doesn't excuse it! You clean your own mess next time!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

That doesn't excuse it! You clean your own mess next time!
    *looks at pile of empty ice cream containers*

Whatever do you mean?

14. - Top - End - #524

*looks at pile of empty ice cream containers*

Whatever do you mean?
    *points at mess*

Nope! No excuses! No weaseling out! You clean it this time!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

*points at mess*

Nope! No excuses! No weaseling out! You clean it this time!
    You'll never catch me *throws smoke bomb and flees from Random Banter*

16. - Top - End - #526
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

So what do you guys think of the latest xkcd?

http://xkcd.com/802_large/

Warning: image-heavy if there's ever been such a thing as image-heavy.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

I think Farmville is upsettingly big. I have lost all faith in humanity.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I think Farmville is upsettingly big. I have lost all faith in humanity.
    It's OK, Farmville will eventually pass.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Like a particularly insipid kidney stone.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

No Mafia Wars alongside farmville?
    Not that I'm complaining, or anything, I despise them both, but I at least thought it was still big enough to get a mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

No Mafia Wars alongside farmville?
    Not that I'm complaining, or anything, I despise them both, but I at least thought it was still big enough to get a mention.
    I've got a sneakin' hunch that the "Farmville" area would be more appropriately named "Zynga".
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

22. - Top - End - #532

Ah. So, basically all the things every uni student has to do, except the ones who live in the area, like me. And these 'Collections'. And you go to Fresher's Fair again?
    Heck yeah! That way I can get the pizza vouchers again. And sign up to new stuff.
    Collections = mini-exams.

They're watching you...
    Yes. Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    *awaits*

. . .

I have 2 lectures per week, 1 for each module. Part of the assessment is attendance, though, so I'm definitely going to all of them.
    Only two lectures a week? So no going to stuff that you find interesting? Can't believe they make you take attendance for a grading though, c'est tres etrange.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    I can see this inspiring a horror story from a certain Curly very soon...
    In the same way that those Gargoyles can see you!
    No, don't look back; they know you're watching.
    A la "Blink" and House of Leaves? Nah. I do have a nice one in the works about the demonic and monkly gargoyles though. The Green Man is the arbitrator.

They were so young, and now they're all grown up.

ION:
    Last night the Uni Husband came down and I helped him move in. His room is about three times larger than mine (my room is about 9'x10') if not bigger!
    This makes two times I've helped someone unpack. This is a good thing.

The bad thing was that about three o'clock I started developing a headache. By six o'clock it felt like someone was compressing the base of my skull and squeezing my brain up and out the crown. My eyes were being pierced by a rusted thick iron nail and making me want to vomit every time I blinked. My throat was as if someone had grabbed hold of it and was crushing it.
    My hands were shaky. The thought of eating made me queasy.
    By nine o'clock I couldn't stand any form of light, my vision was as wobbly as my hands were, and I didn't dare contemplate eating.

Two paracetamol and a preposterously early bedtime later I was moderately comfortable. I think I passed out within half an hour.
    One in the morning came and I woke up. Headache had almost receded - meaning that it was only a bad headache rather than an ancapacitating one.
    Another paracetamol and a couple of hours later I was dead to the world again.
    I woke up at ten thirty, barely cognitive of anything, and was iut able to let the cleaning lady empty the bin. Passing out again I woke up an hour and a half ago with a simple low-grade headache.

I haven't really eaten since half-past ten Monday night. Iust a handful of grapes and a couple pieces of chocolate. And the work I was planning on doing yesterday? Undone.
    Being ill sucks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    His room is about three times larger than mine (my room is about 9'x10') if not bigger!
    Oh, that reminds me:

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Try about 24 cubic feet. I've slept in it.
    I thought about the dimensions required for that space and... that's not a room. That's a cupboard.

This makes two times I've helped someone unpack. This is a good thing.
    I'm curious as to why. Do you enioy having control over the arrangement of other people's possessions?

The bad thing was that about three o'clock I started developing a headache. By six o'clock it felt like someone was compressing the base of my skull and squeezing my brain up and out the crown. My eyes were being pierced by a rusted thick iron nail and making me want to vomit every time I blinked. My throat was as if someone had grabbed hold of it and was crushing it.
    My hands were shaky. The thought of eating made me queasy.
    By nine o'clock I couldn't stand any form of light, my vision was as wobbly as my hands were, and I didn't dare contemplate eating.

Two paracetamol and a preposterously early bedtime later I was moderately comfortable. I think I passed out within half an hour.
    One in the morning came and I woke up. Headache had almost receded - meaning that it was only a bad headache rather than an ancapacitating one.
    Another paracetamol and a couple of hours later I was dead to the world again.
    I woke up at ten thirty, barely cognitive of anything, and was iust able to let the cleaning lady empty the bin. Passing out again I woke up an hour and a half ago with a simple low-grade headache.

I haven't really eaten since half-past ten Monday night. Iust a handful of grapes and a couple pieces of chocolate. And the work I was planning on doing yesterday? Undone.
    Being ill sucks.
    *Huggles*
    Also, I iust realised I didn't actually read most of that post before quoting it.

ION: I'm slightly amused. Secretary of other G&S society got my address slightly wrong when sending me my welcome letter. I corrected her on Sunday and she sent me another one, which arrived yesterday. The original one, mistake presumably having been figured out, arrived today.

Oh, and first night of Ruddigore went well. People in the audience mentioned my bits among their favourite parts of the show. My ego is sated. For now.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

I haven't really eaten since half-past ten Monday night. Iust a handful of grapes and a couple pieces of chocolate.
    Well, that's your problem right there. Should've eaten something before helping someone moving in and unpacking.
    takes a whole lot of energy to do that, and if you haven't had anything to eat, then a headache is very possible.

ION: I've got the end credits song from portal stuck in my head now.
    Mostly cause I can't stop replaying it on YouTube, but also becuase it's so damn catchy and upbeat while also being so sinister in it's undertones.

I mean with a line like:
    Quote Originally Posted by GLaDOS
    I've experiments to run
    There's research to be done
    On the people who are
    Still Alive.
    How can you not love it?
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-10-06 at 07:42 AM.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

25. - Top - End - #535

ION: I've got the end credits song from Portal stuck in my head now.
    Mostly cause I can't stop replaying it on YouTube, but also because it's so damn catchy and upbeat while also being so sinister in it's undertones.
    That there is a weird coincidence, because Tasroth iust put it on on the main computer on the other side of the room to me. It finished right before I read this post.

Edit: OK, not a coincidence, he put it on after reading that post.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-10-06 at 07:55 AM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

26. - Top - End - #536

How can you not love it?
    I love it because it introduced me to JoCo.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

27. - Top - End - #537

I'm curious as to why. Do you enioy having control over the arrangement of other people's possessions?
    I don't know. I iust like helping people unpack. I've been told (by Uni Husband and his Little Brother (aka: jebob)) that when I pack I'm scarily efficient, so I like being able to help people unpack so they can get the onerous duty out of the way.

*Huggles*
    Also, I iust realised I didn't actually read most of that post before quoting it.
    I'm better now, so everything's fine. Heck, I'm even making a sandwich in a minute.

Oh, and first night of Ruddigore went well. People in the audience mentioned my bits among their favourite parts of the show. My ego is sated. For now.
    Congratulations. I hope there'll be cast photos later on, and that every night goes as well, or better than the first.

Well, that's your problem right there. Should've eaten something before helping someone moving in and unpacking.
    takes a whole lot of energy to do that, and if you haven't had anything to eat, then a headache is very possible.
    Uni Husband came down at lunchtime. The grapes were my breakfast (how on earth did I use an entire loaf of bread in three days?!) and the chocolate was effectively lunch.
    It's probably why I got the headache, but when you get a headache that bad eating flies right out the window.

ION: I've got the end credits song from portal stuck in my head now.
    Mostly cause I can't stop replaying it on YouTube, but also becuase it's so damn catchy and upbeat while also being so sinister in it's undertones.
    Well I know what I'm listening to now as I eat lunch.

That there is a weird coincidence, because Tasroth iust put it on on the main computer on the other side of the room to me. It finished right before I read this post.

Edit: OK, not a coincidence, he put it on after reading that post.

I don't know why, but this amuses me so much.

ION:
    There are now people moving in and unpacking right across the street from me. I can see into their rooms.
    Should I wave?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

ION:
    There are now people moving in and unpacking right across the street from me. I can see into their rooms.
    Should I wave?
    shine a laser pointer at their chest...
    you would be amazed how paranoid you can make people!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

29. - Top - End - #539

I'm better now, so everything's fine. Heck, I'm even making a sandwich in a minute.
    Hey, don't invalidate my reasons for hugging you.

Congratulations. I hope there'll be cast photos later on, and that every night goes as well, or better than the first.
    Photos will all be on facebook (I think my portrait will be my new profile picture), and some in the You thread, once the show is finished.
    If anyone wants to see my magnificent costume before then, they have to come to/be in Newcastle. Well, Monkseaton to be precise. Near Newcastle.

(how on earth did I use an entire loaf of bread in three days?!)
    Skill and perseverance? Honestly I have no idea how that could happen with only one person eating it.

It's probably why I got the headache, but when you get a headache that bad eating flies right out the window.
    Now imagining Eating as some sort of winged creature.
    *glingleglingleglingle*
    Damn.

Well I know what I'm listening to now as I eat lunch.
    Everyone loves GLaDOS.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone loves GLaDOS.
    And I haven't even played the game!
    Stig-atar by Irbis.