New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

To the point where they explode; sounds fancy.

I just counted the number of references used for my epic assignment, which, incidently, I just handed in;
    70 references, 1400 words; the assignment itself is only 4500 words.
    Last edited by Amiel; 2010-10-08 at 01:29 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

2. - Top - End - #692
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

I can't say I dislike the way my limerick made the next couple of pages turn into haiku competitions.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #693

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Make a big helicopter and fly away. Into Oklahoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    why oklahoma? i can walk there in about 5 days
    My brain for some reason mixed these two posts together, and I was confused as to why you would build a helicopter and then walk.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

I suggest to everyone that they check out Google's main page today.

It's...really beautiful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

It's...really beautiful.
    Ooh, fancy

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

It's...really beautiful.
    I noticed that earlier, thought it was nice.

They still have yet to top Pac-man though.
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

I would disagree, specifically I would say that this tops Pac-Man.

This is coming from a person who is an avid gamer, and an advocate of Games As Art. A person who considers Shigeru Miyamoto to be on the same level of creative genius as Orson Wells.

So when I say that this tops the Pac-Man anniversary, I definitely mean it. This was...beautiful.

ION: I'm trying to remember the name of a book. I cannot remember the author or the title. Can someone help me here?

Facts about the book:

The plot involves a special school that children go to when they are "unwanted" by the rest of the academic world. They are troubled or otherwise have no where else that will accept them. However, some of the students who are there are not actually troubled at all. In fact, the reason they have so much trouble fitting in is because they have special psychic powers.

One student starts to notice this, and is trying to prove it to the other students so that he can help them improve their lives.

Characters include the student who knows about these powers, one asian student who can read minds, a student who can predict things before they happen (and thus, is incredibly good at pinball and dodgeball), a student who is always throwing things but who actually has telekinesis, and the actual really awful bully who is cruel and
    Spoiler
    Show
    who actually hatches a plan to blow up the entire school in the climax.

I remember really enjoying this book, but I cannot remember the title at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess who gets turkey this Monday? That's right, everybody from Canada. That includes me

Regrettably that means I won't be able to post this weekend because my parents don't have internet.

So you guys have a good weekend and try not to have too much fun without me.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Is he gone?

Is it time to bring out the party gear?
    *grabs a box from the cleaning cupboard*
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Frick. Frick. Frick. I got a 76 on my Bio test. Stupid teacher. Luckily the extra-Credit I did kept me at a 95.

Retake Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Ack. @_@; Well, thank goodness for extra credit. 96 is pretty damn, right?

ION: For those who don't know yet, I'll be at a wedding this weekend. Access to me will be limited.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ack. @_@; Well, thank goodness for extra credit. 96 is pretty damn, right?
    Aye.

Still need to retake it though. If I can get my actual test socre up to a 90, I can proabably get my overall grade to a 98.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, Playgrounders, I have an update on my situation:

She took a test and it said she was pregnant. But she isn't gonna keep it. Ever since she told me that I've been a mess. I can't stop crying and I haven't eaten in two weeks. I know, it may sound dramatic, but shouldn't I get a say in it? I mean, it's my kid too.
    Quotable Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.”
    -Crowley

Avvie by Akrim.elf

14. - Top - End - #704
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Aye.

Still need to retake it though. If I can get my actual test socre up to a 90, I can proabably get my overall grade to a 98.
    I...actually meant good. o.o; One word removed changed the entire context of what I was saying. D:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I...actually meant good. o.o; One word removed changed the entire context of what I was saying. D:
    I see.

17. - Top - End - #707

@Atty: A 96 is really good! Isn't that A+ material over there? Because here, that'd be an A*.

Argh.
    So I do this review thingy in the Webcomic subforum, and I'm a little behind on account of 0th week hassle, but I handed in my essay (finished it twenty minutes before the tutorial with 1776 words! Oh yeah! And this is starting it this morning with about 53 words) and started writing my review about an hour after I got back and ate, so about five o'clock.
    An hour later Friend WHo Does French texted me, she's back in town now, so I asked if I could come over for a chat.
    She said yes, but we diverted to Uni Husband's room, and then it turned out they were going over the Math Friend's house. I thought it was iust for a chat, but it turned out she and History were making dinner. The other two had been invited, but I hadn't.
    Eep.
    But somehow they stretched the recipe from four people to six (Biology Friend came over as well, not knowing what was happening), so now I owe them a meal.
    But that, the clean-up an chatting lasted until it was time for Parent Drinks. And so I met my baby, and many of my friend's babies, and now I'm the Honourary Aunt for msot of them. Despite my nerves and slight anti-social behaviour I had a lot of fun, especially with History and Biology Friend's kids. Plus I got on well with my daughter too.
    So I get back about eleven, get a snack, start writing my review, and I only finished it twenty minutes ago.
    I have typer's cramp.

Fantastic evening though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

What has happened for my evening so far? The gaming club at my school just got the new edition of Betrayal at House on the Haunted Hill. I've played the first edition, and the new edition is just as fun. I also went to a career fair and I gave a few resumes to some companies.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

19. - Top - End - #709
    Bugbear in the Playground

An ambivalent evening on my part, but interesting. I went to a ball, and spent most of the night trying to find a certain person (without going into the relationships thread, I've never been more thoroughly attracted to anyone in my entire life. I get physical attraction, but this is more than that and I've never felt like this before - could it be love?), then I thought I got rejected, but on my way back we bumped into each other again and it would seem I still have a chance with her. Major low to major high in the space of about half an hour.

However, for everyone else in my flat, the fire alarm went off where the ball was and they all had to head back ahortly after I left, and one of the girls (who broke up with her boyfriend today) got absolutely plastered and lost her handbag
    I feel like I'm living in a soap opera.

More results as they come in...

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    What has happened for my evening so far? The gaming club at my school just got the new edition of Betrayal at House on the Haunted Hill. I've played the first edition, and the new edition is just as fun. I also went to a career fair and I gave a few resumes to some companies.
    Oooh, I hope your new edition was as fun as the first. It a good game or no?
    Good luck with those resumes, hope you get a good offer from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    An ambivalent evening on my part, but interesting. I went to a ball, and spent most of the night trying to find a certain person (without going into the relationships thread, I've never been more thoroughly attracted to anyone in my entire life. I get physical attraction, but this is more than that and I've never felt like this before - could it be love?), then I thought I got rejected, but on my way back we bumped into each other again and it would seem I still have a chance with her. Major low to major high in the space of about half an hour.

However, for everyone else in my flat, the fire alarm went off where the ball was and they all had to head back ahortly after I left, and one of the girls (who broke up with her boyfriend today) got absolutely plastered and lost her handbag

Ball?
    Will there be pics?
    I hope you do get a proper chance with the Ladyfriend though; it sounds like you really like her. She an English student too?

Heh, it does sound a wee bit soap opera-y, but I can regale with worse. Like the time our JCR president ended up in a Borat-style mankini.
    Argh.

Curse the reaper, bend you backs
    and cheat your sorry grave!
    And cry a prayer into the wind
    The ship won't pull us under
    Curse the reaper, bend your back
    and cheat your sorry grave!
    Curse the reaer cowled in black
    He's laughing at your failing
    Pull that oar until it cracks
    We're bound for better sailing
    Bound for better sailing.

Heather Dale's fantastic.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Atty: A 96 is really good! Isn't that A+ material over there? Because here, that'd be an A*.
    It's an A, but the test itself is Still a C. I guess I'm just kind of obsessing over grades. My dad is always getting on my case about school and stuff.

Blah, blah, blah.

Is their a thread for School? Their should be. Hmmm.

22. - Top - End - #712

Argh.
    So I do this review thingy in the Webcomic subforum, and I'm a little behind on account of 0th week hassle,
    I thought you basically iust did that as and when you had time/felt like it? In which case how can you be behind?

But that, the clean-up an chatting lasted until it was time for Parent Drinks. And so I met my baby, and many of my friend's babies, and now I'm the Honourary Aunt for most of them. Despite my nerves and slight anti-social behaviour I had a lot of fun, especially with History and Biology Friend's kids. Plus I got on well with my daughter too.
    You would/will be an excellent aunt.

I feel like I should have something to say to this, regarding my own experiences, but... words aren't coming to mind.
    So I'll limit myself to "D'awwww, ickle Fred is (possibly) in wub. " and "Good luck with that."

However, for everyone else in my flat, the fire alarm went off where the ball was and they all had to head back shortly after I left, and one of the girls (who broke up with her boyfriend today) got absolutely plastered and lost her handbag.

It does sound a bit like a soap opera.

ION: Ruddigore good. Apparently someone fell over while coming on at the end (I wouldn't have noticed, since at that point I'm too busy glaring at Robin), but nothing went wrong that I noticed! Well, for some reason I'm having issues with the last note of my song. Getting slightly hoarse on it. Oh, and the pianists had a slight issue with the music at the start, got slightly out of step and I got slightly distracted and forgot to throw my cloak out on the word 'bat'.
    Plus, Dame Hannah says she may ioin NUGSS, despite never having been a Newcastle student. Zorah may also come along for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-10-08 at 08:22 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And so I met my baby
    Wait, what? I'm confused?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-10-08 at 08:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Wait, what? I'm confused?
    LOL. (Not iust saying it, I actually laughed in real life)

RB Time Loop go!
    Some UK universities have a mentoring system whereby older students will take freshers under their wing, help them find their feet and whatnot. At some of the more old-fashioned universities (Oxford, Cambridge?, Durham, possibly others), this is referred to as parenting. So Curly has a Uni Husband, and between them they are the Uni Parents of their Uni Baby(/ies? Don't you have two?)
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    LOL. (Not iust saying it, I actually laughed in real life)

RB Time Loop go!
    Some UK universities have a mentoring system whereby older students will take freshers under their wing, help them find their feet and whatnot. At some of the more old-fashioned universities (Oxford, Cambridge?, Durham, possibly others), this is referred to as parenting. So Curly has a Uni Husband, and between them they are the Uni Parents of their Uni Baby(/ies? Don't you have two?)
    OK. That makes sense. No it doesn't it.

ION: I accidently ordered 2 comic books from Gloucester. In the UK. Woops. They came in a 10 days though. I was really pissed, something from the US should've been here in 4 days. Oh well. Hehehehe.

26. - Top - End - #716

Ball?
    Will there be pics?
    As usual, people took pictures of me, but I didn't take any myself.

I hope you do get a proper chance with the Ladyfriend though; it sounds like you really like her. She an English student too?
    Yes, which is partially problematic since it'll take me longer to get to know her; none of my flatmates or other unifriends know her outside of "Fred talks to her", I don't know any of her flatmates either and we're not in any societies or anything together (or at least, I don't think so, I've only met the drama and politics people so far). Basically, there's no easy way in. Still, I shall persevere since I think she's worth it, and besides, I love a challenge.

I feel like I should have something to say to this, regarding my own experiences, but... words aren't coming to mind.
    So I'll limit myself to "D'awwww, ickle Fred is (possibly) in wub. " and "Good luck with that."
    Thanks, I'll need it.

It does sound a bit like a soap opera.
    Since typing that post, another flatmate came in crying hysterically over some chap she kissed the other day.
    They've only known each other for a fortnight.
    I am the emotionally sensible one in the flat though, so I suppose my lack of sympathy might be due to a combination of that and my own amusement at flat drama.
    Still, this is how I always entertained myself at school. My close friends are all elsewhere, after all.

27. - Top - End - #717

Well, ensure that these people upload said photos to the internet and show us some of them.

Thanks, I'll need it.
    Being patronised by friends is an essential part of wooing a fair maid.

Since typing that post, another flatmate came in crying hysterically over some chap she kissed the other day.
    I am the emotionally sensible one in the flat though, so I suppose my lack of sympathy might be due to a combination of that and my own amusement at flat drama.
    Still, this is how I always entertained myself at school. My close friends are all elsewhere, after all.
    My my. Sounds like my friends in my various G&S (Gossip & Scandal) societies would have a field day living in your flat.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-10-08 at 09:15 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #718

My my. Sound like my friends in my various G&S (Gossip & Scandal) societies would have a field day living in your flat.
    Oh, yes. Every time someone leaves the room they start up. It is top-quality entertainment.
    The reason I'm not worried about what they might say about me is that the worst things they could say are "his laugh is weird" or "he must have some kind of terrible secret; he smiles suspiciously often". I haven't done anything remotely scandalous, so I expect some to be made up about me soon.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, yes. Every time someone leaves the room they start up. It is top-quality entertainment.
    The reason I'm not worried about what they might say about me is that the worst things they could say are "his laugh is weird" or "he must have some kind of terrible secret; he smiles suspiciously often". I haven't done anything remotely scandalous, so I expect some to be made up about me soon.
    It's always the quiet ones.

30. - Top - End - #720

I thought you basically iust did that as and when you had time/felt like it? In which case how can you be behind?
    My average is three or four a week, and this week I've only put up two. So while I don't have a regular schedule I'd like to get three a week up.

You would/will be an excellent aunt.
    Thank you.

ION: Ruddigore good. Apparently someone fell over while coming on at the end (I wouldn't have noticed, since at that point I'm too busy glaring at Robin), but nothing went wrong that I noticed! Well, for some reason I'm having issues with the last note of my song. Getting slightly hoarse on it. Oh, and the pianists had a slight issue with the music at the start, got slightly out of step and I got slightly distracted and forgot to throw my cloak out on the word 'bat'.
    Plus, Dame Hannah says she may ioin NUGSS, despite never having been a Newcastle student. Zorah may also come along for the hell of it.
    I think singing for an hour or so every day for four days does encourage a sore throat.
    Glad it went well this evening though, especially as you may be getting new recruits.

RB Time Loop go!
    For some reason there was a paucity of Phsyicists applying, or being handed out, so I've only got an English Baby this year. She's sweet though, and a Choral Scholar, so I can't wait to go to a chapel service to see her sing.

As long as you post pics when you get them it'll be okay.

Yes, which is partially problematic since it'll take me longer to get to know her; none of my flatmates or other unifriends know her outside of "Fred talks to her", I don't know any of her flatmates either and we're not in any societies or anything together (or at least, I don't think so, I've only met the drama and politics people so far). Basically, there's no easy way in. Still, I shall persevere since I think she's worth it, and besides, I love a challenge.
    You could invite her over after a lecture, class, whatnot to 'work' together. aka: hang out. Or something. Or introduce her to your flatmates to remove one obstacle.

It's like Eastenders mixed with Hollyoaks or some other trite teenaged soap opera in your flat isn't it?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!