New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Being patronised by friends is an essential part of wooing a fair maid.
    And now I've got Yeomen of the Guard in my head.
    A man who would woo a fair maid
    Must 'prentice himself to the trade
    And study all day, in methodical way,
    How to flatter, caiole and persuade.
    He should 'prentice himself at fourteen,
    And practice from morning to e'en,
    And when he's of age, if he will, I'll engage,
    He may capture the heart of a queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    Oh, yes. Every time someone leaves the room they start up. It is top-quality entertainment.
    The reason I'm not worried about what they might say about me is that the worst things they could say are "his laugh is weird" or "he must have some kind of terrible secret; he smiles suspiciously often". I haven't done anything remotely scandalous, so I expect some to be made up about me soon.
    The NUGSS Gossip Queen has told me in the past that they iust make up the gossip about me, since there isn't any actual gossip, or if there is, it's all to do with people they've never met.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    You could invite her over after a lecture, class, whatnot to 'work' together. aka: hang out. Or something. Or introduce her to your flatmates to remove one obstacle.
    That's probably going to be my next step. I need some sort of excuse.

It's like Eastenders mixed with Hollyoaks or some other trite teenaged soap opera in your flat isn't it?
    Skins?
    Actually, I wouldn't know, I've never truly watched any of them beyond background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    The NUGSS Gossip Queen has told me in the past that they iust make up the gossip about me, since there isn't any actual gossip, or if there is, it's all to do with people they've never met.
    "He has a beard! That's evil, isn't it?"

3. - Top - End - #723

Thank you.
    And cue odd train of thought.
    University Aunt - advising on scurrilous student-y things - Weird/Creepy Aunt/Uncle - Sir Roderic (Who, it struck me while playing him, is a bit of a creepy uncle to Robin/Ruthven. I contend this is the real reason he ran away and faked his death. )
    Which then linking back leads to me picturing you as Dame Hannah. Which admittedly would give a height ratio much more like the original (There's a stage direction after There grew a little flower which says 'Hannah falls, weeping, on Sir Roderic's bosom.' With me and our Dame Hannah, that would only work if she sat down).

I think singing for an hour or so every day for four days does encourage a sore throat.
    Glad it went well this evening though, especially as you may be getting new recruits.
    But it's iust for that one note, and maybe the start of He yields! Most of the time I'm fine.
    And actually, I (and my friends) tend to find that you can sing a lot for days on end and be fine, so long as you keep it up. Your voice only dies once you stop.

That's probably going to be my next step. I need some sort of excuse.
    It's the way forward. Possibly. I can't claim much experience.

"He has a beard goatee! That's evil, isn't it?"
    Fixed that for you.
    And actually, everyone rather likes the beard. Which is slightly frustrating, because I'm definitely going to shave it off at some point, and I fear they'll be dismayed.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #724

I'm finding this far more amusing than I probably should.

Sometimes all it takes is a muppet and a commercial that doesn't even appear on TV anymore to lighten someone's day.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I'm finding this far more amusing than I probably should.

Sometimes all it takes is a muppet and a commercial that doesn't even appear on TV anymore to lighten someone's day.
    Thank you for that link. I just FBooked it. It... was definitely a bright spot on a cloudy day.

Now to find more Grover. MOAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just ran over a dog...

7. - Top - End - #727
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post

I just ran over a dog...

Aww... I'm so sorry... *hugs* It's OK, those things happen....

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Aww... I'm so sorry... *hugs* It's OK, those things happen....
    *hugs* thank you.. :')

It was okay, the others in the car said it ran off after coming out the other side. It sounded like I just scared and bumped it. Hearing the little doggie's yelping and car thumping over him was one of the most painful and scary things in recent memory. I was seriously freaking out, it took me an hour at the very least to stop shaking.

9. - Top - End - #729

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    *hugs* thank you.. :')

It was okay, the others in the car said it ran off after coming out the other side. It sounded like I just scared and bumped it. Hearing the little doggie's yelping and car thumping over him was one of the most painful and scary things in recent memory. I was seriously freaking out, it took me an hour at the very least to stop shaking.
    By experience, I know that driving is quite stressful, and it's even worse when you get those scares. I once had to stop the car and get off until I stopped shaking. IIRC it was for the same reason. I managed to stop before hiting the dog, though.

Stupid dog saw the car coming and decided to run at it, straight ahead, and bark from the middle of the road. Like it had a death wish.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

>.<

I'm watching Disney's Huntchback of Notre Dame. A knight called his horse Achilles - purely so Disney could make the gag "C'mon boy, Achilles, heel".

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #731
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*pats Rawhide*

It's ok... the pain will go away...
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    >.<

I'm watching Disney's Huntchback of Notre Dame. A knight called his horse Achilles - purely so Disney could make the gag "C'mon boy, Achilles, heel".
    *FACEPALM*

I think that's all that needs to be said. Never noticed that before, hehe.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

13. - Top - End - #733

Surely it would make more sense for a dog?

I don't actually have a problem with that ioke, though.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #734

It's The Hunchback of Nore Dame. I'll take a poor ioke and the smeggin' gargoyles iust for the imagery, music and Frollo. Okay, and Clopin, I'm of the belief he is legitimately insane.

ION:
    It's an Alice in Wonderland themed party tonight.
    Costume?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

So somebody over here just combined The Wizard of Oz and The Rocky HOrror Picture Show into one musical...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #736

Hey, I don't have a problem with the joke or the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

It's, just... >.< wow. Disney did all that just to slip a lame pun in?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #737

NecromancerGuy

Disney: What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    So somebody over here just combined The Wizard of Oz and The Rocky HOrror Picture Show into one musical...
    Um. What?

...Why?

.... .... How?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno, one day somebody here gathers a crew and perfers a opera fully in klingon and now this the other day. I usually don't investigate the details for fear of SAN damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #739

20. - Top - End - #740
    Banned

You should. There's only so much arts funding to go around and the zany musicals are probably siphoning it. Find out who's funding crazy and go make some visual crazy!

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

But...I'm already being funded for making visual crazy!

Last week we made a short movie about how a evil duck was about to take over the world and had to be stopped.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

But...I'm already being funded for making visual crazy!

Last week we made a short movie about how a evil duck was about to take over the world and had to be stopped.
    Did M. Bison make an appearance to say "OF COURSE" here? Also was the film animated or not? I did a few animations in high school, one of which I received an award for in an art conference.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

23. - Top - End - #743

ION:
    It's an Alice in Wonderland themed party tonight.
    Costume?
    That's rather short notice. These things should be planned far much more in advance, so costumes can be properly prepared/assembled.
    My natural impulse would be to pick one of the less known characters. The Duchess? The Mock Turtle?
    I dunno.
    Have fun whatever you decide.

So somebody over here just combined The Wizard of Oz and The Rocky Horror Picture Show into one musical...
    A) How? What is this I don't even

B) I want to see this.

Aha, they were all perfectly taken in by my cunning decoy...
    Er-I-I mean, that's... terrible. Ducks shouldn't take over the world. They don't have the brains for it, they're too easily distracted....

<.<
    >.>

ION: My phone's credit has finally been replenished! This Ł10 should last me another year or so.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #744

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    By experience, I know that driving is quite stressful, and it's even worse when you get those scares. I once had to stop the car and get off until I stopped shaking. IIRC it was for the same reason. I managed to stop before hiting the dog, though.

Stupid dog saw the car coming and decided to run at it, straight ahead, and bark from the middle of the road. Like it had a death wish.
    Ugh, I had something like that too, I think. I was the passenger though. I never actually hit anything though. Not like that. I had to get somewhere where I could stop driving quickly though, I couldn't concentrate at all. I almost started driving the wrong way up a one-way street.

Even if the dog was dumb or suicidal, I still felt bad for it. I cant fathom what was going on with hours though, maybe it wasn't (rightly) afraid of cars. Mine was just minding his own business, and he looked up right before I hit him.

..he was a cute little fuzzykins, too..

The backup happened, so I went to bed. I feel better now though. He ran off after, and I was going slowly, so he was probably okay.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

.... .... How?
    Seems simple enough. Someone and their dog find themselves whirled away into a fantasy realm run by wicked witches and a weird overlord who isn't quite what he seems. Voyage of personal self-discovery ensues. Really, I can't imagine why this has never been done before. They basically have the same plot.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

26. - Top - End - #746

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Seems simple enough. Someone and their dog find themselves whirled away into a fantasy realm run by wicked witches and a weird overlord who isn't quite what he seems. Voyage of personal self-discovery ensues. Really, I can't imagine why this has never been done before. They basically have the same plot.
    So... the porn of the movie with glossed over sex scenes and better music?

Awesome.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Hey, I don't have a problem with the joke or the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

It's, just... >.< wow. Disney did all that just to slip a lame pun in?
    My favorite part is where the pun is completely lost in the dubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    So... the porn of the movie with glossed over sex scenes and better music?

Awesome.
    Eh... if the Internet has taught me one thing is that anything can cross over. Anything.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'M AN ABOMINATION! And I'm coming to your house after school...
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

29. - Top - End - #749
    Orc in the Playground

Was downstairs earlier boiling the kettle for some tea. I picked up my cat and pointed him at the kettle, and it boiled at that exact moment.

I felt like some kind of Jesus who is only able to channel his power through cats.
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, you just have a laser cat. Of the infrared variety.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.