New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    <- Envy mode activated.

D: Ack...all I have to look forward to this week is about 160 pages of long, drawn-out text on Qualitative Interviews. And then writing about the bits in-between.
    Ouch.
    But it is a master's degree, and an over-the-internet course, so it'd be harder and not have as many lectures.

On the positive side though, for my birthday today I hung out in a nice little deli-type luncheon place with my dad. They make nice sandwiches full of delicious meats and stuff. =3 Though they only had The New York Post for reading, which kind of sucked. <.<; Too much sensationalism, not enough news.
    Ahem.

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLOMP HUG!!*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I don't know that book.... I used to read a book about a puppy who always arrived later at home than his brothers. The brothers arrived late and were sent to bed with no dinner, but he got home later and snuck into the kitchen to eat.

Until one day..... SPOILER ALERT! His brothers arrived home early and ate everything. Poor puppy.
    Sounds...interesting, but I've never heard of that one. ^^;

The one I'm thinking of stars Loveable Furry Ol' Grover, and starting at the very first page, he's worried about the monster who will show up at the end of the book, doing things like begging the reader to not turn the page and building brick walls to keep you from being able to turn it.

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end, the monster turns out to be Grover himself.

That book, along with "Hide and Seek with Grover" are among my favorite children' s books of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ouch.
    But it is a master's degree, and an over-the-internet course, so it'd be harder and not have as many lectures.
    True. <.<; I've managed to avoid massive reading assignments up 'til now though. D=

I'll manage though. Fortunately there isn't too much to do in any of the other classes I've got, so I can focus on this a little more.

I'll manage...it's just inconvenient.

Ahem.

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLOMP HUG!!*
    And this is why I love the Playground.

*Glomps back* <3 Thanks, Koorly. And you too Haruki.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I. R. R. Tolkien.
    No U. R. R. Not
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

4. - Top - End - #64
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Sounds...interesting, but I've never heard of that one. ^^;

The one I'm thinking of stars Loveable Furry Ol' Grover, and starting at the very first page, he's worried about the monster who will show up at the end of the book, doing things like begging the reader to not turn the page and building brick walls to keep you from being able to turn it.

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end, the monster turns out to be Grover himself.
    WHAT A TWEEST!

So guess what? I have a cold. No fever or anything, but school has been a real pain all day with a runny nose.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

WHAT A TWEEST!

So guess what? I have a cold. No fever or anything, but school has been a real pain all day with a runny nose.
    Do they allow you to carry water? If they do, carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go and keep drinking from it during the day. Staying hydrated is an important part of getting over a cold.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I was checking out my grade on the school website and the teacher put in a 7 out of 20 instead of 17 out of 20.

I think my heart stopped for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #67

Do they allow you to carry water? If they do, carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go and keep drinking from it during the day. Staying hydrated is an important part of getting over a cold.
    They do. I guess I should start with that. I've already got medicine, anyway, but I hate that this happens every year.

8. - Top - End - #68

Oh hells yes!
    Got a mostly-finalised lecture list today.

I have one thing to say:
    A four week lecture series on I. R. R. Tolkien is being run this term.
    Hell.
    Yes.
    :extremelylargesmug:

*snip*

But there's one lecture series I'm definitely going to attend.
    I. R. R. Tolkien.

You may now be envious.
    And to think it was not so long ago you still didn't like LotR.

One of my favourite lecturers is running a lecture series on The Representation of the Supernatural in Early Modern Drama.
    !!
    D:
    :D
    The downside is that it's technically an Mst class.
    Should I see if I can sneak in?
    Absolutely. I would, if I wasn't lazy, and also not in Oxford.

Happy birthday, Trobman.

ION: So, it turns out the first NUGSS rehearsal was this evening. I discovered this about an hour before it started, with my dinner not going to be ready for another 20 minutes. Managed to get there only 10-15 minutes late, but for some reason the Union had been shut until 7:30, so I had to wait around. But then, I got in and all was well. Saw a bunch of people I haven't seen for months, sang some G&S, ate some muffins (There were muffins to help entice the freshers).
    Good numbers of new people, hopefully they'll stick around. It should be a good show this one.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

am i the only person who finds pretty girls with cockney accents attractive
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

SortofbelatedhappybirthdayTrobby!

ION: I've spent the entire evening listening through my TheRadioDept. playlist. I got kind of stubborn towards the end, refusing to stop and go to bed. Also, I will post this before 0:00. I will.

IOON: My thoughts and purposes don't always make an awful lot of sense...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    And to think it was not so long ago you still didn't like LotR.
    I'm still not really all that keen on him. But it's a lecture series on Tolkien.
    Besides, three of the lectures are on Tolkien's Mythmaking (and therefore worldmaking), and as an aspiring writer, knowing how to build such a well-built world is important.
    THen Tolkien's Reuse of Medieval Literature. Also know as How To Reuse Really Good Plots.
    Then there's Tolkien's Languages aka: how to conlang.

These three are all the reason I need.

Knife is dug in deeper . . .

Absolutely. I would, if I wasn't lazy, and also not in Oxford.
    There is some Marlowe.
    Of course, there's also a six week lecture series solely on Christopher Marlowe as well.

I'm iust twisting the knife here aren't I?

ION: So, it turns out the first NUGSS rehearsal was this evening. I discovered this about an hour before it started, with my dinner not going to be ready for another 20 minutes. Managed to get there only 10-15 minutes late, but for some reason the Union had been shut until 7:30, so I had to wait around. But then, I got in and all was well. Saw a bunch of people I haven't seen for months, sang some G&S, ate some muffins (There were muffins to help entice the freshers).
    Good numbers of new people, hopefully they'll stick around. It should be a good show this one.
    At least you made it, and managed to eat dinner as well. Not to mention you got some muffins as well!
    That's always good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    *blink, blink* I find pretty girls attractive regardless of their accent. I mean, it's kind of built in to being pretty.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    *blink, blink* I find pretty girls attractive regardless of their accent. I mean, it's kind of built in to being pretty.
    Was going to say this, but then Pyrian beat me to it. Damn you and your future psychic powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

I'm still not really all that keen on him. But it's a lecture series on Tolkien.
    Besides, three of the lectures are on Tolkien's Mythmaking (and therefore worldmaking), and as an aspiring writer, knowing how to build such a well-built world is important.
    THen Tolkien's Reuse of Medieval Literature. Also know as How To Reuse Really Good Plots.
    Then there's Tolkien's Languages aka: how to conlang.

These three are all the reason I need.

Knife is dug in deeper . . .

There is some Marlowe.
    Of course, there's also a six week lecture series solely on Christopher Marlowe as well.

I'm iust twisting the knife here aren't I?
    Iust a little bit.
    *Bleeds*
    *Metaphorically*
    Maybe I should go back to uni and do an English degree or something. Alternatively, maybe that would be impractical.

Oh yeah, and I agree with Pyrian and Interryobobob.
    Some accents might make me find someone less attractive, maybe. Due to me associating them with the kind of people I really don't like. But I can't think of a case where an accent would cause me to find someone more attractive than otherwise.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-09-28 at 05:17 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

i have a terrible way of wording things

what i meant was if there were two girls of equal prettyness and one had a cockney accent and one had a texan accent i would be attracted more to the cockney accented one
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, I imagine people who already have cockney accents don't mind them in their women, that being how they've perpetuated themselves.
    what i meant was if there were two girls of equal prettyness and one had a cockney accent and one had a texan accent i would be attracted more to the cockney accented one
    But gah... That's like choosing between a rabid pit bull and a rabid rottweiler. Either one of which can kill you easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

But gah... That's like choosing between a rabid pit bull and a rabid rottweiler. Either one of which can kill you easily.
    i am confuse
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGuy

i am confuse
    Texans and Cockneys scare me, basically. Though I guess that's sort of tangential to their voices.

I guess as long as their mouths were busy with something other than talking it wouldn't be too, too bad... But then I imagine them eating me for some reason.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Texans and Cockneys scare me, basically. Though I guess that's sort of tangential to their voices.

I guess as long as their mouths were busy with something other than talking it wouldn't be too, too bad... But then I imagine them eating me for some reason.
    i'm full blooded texan....

i scare you?
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

But then I imagine them eating me for some reason.
    I thought that was what you were hoping for.
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

21. - Top - End - #81

NecromancerGuy

I thought that was what you were hoping for.
    That's our Pyrian!
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

Under the constraints of PG-13. . .I got nothin'.

So! How 'bout them baseball players--whattaya mean it's the last week of the season? Suppose that means it's almost time for hockey then.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I leave for one second (longer than one second) and what happens? A new thread springs up out of nowhere. I always get left out of the boogieing.
    *boogies alone in corner*

I just got back my first university paper. It was a small one and we had to do it with someone else. We ended up getting a 64%

We were really unorganized so we just split it up into sections for each of us to do. When we got it back the marks were broken down for each section. In the sections I wrote it said it was well done, good description, etc etc. Under my partner's section it was the exact opposite

I suppose we should have got organized and did it together and this all could have been avoided, but it still bothers me.

Because we're all first year students and he was feeling kind (pitying us) my prof gave the entire class a chance to fix our essays and resubmit them. My partner doesn't want to bother, but I think I'm just going to fix it myself. I really want to get a good grade.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-09-28 at 06:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

i have a terrible way of wording things

Given that choice, I would pick a girl from Maryland instead. Sorry, she got to me first. <3

...not to put down all the cute girls from around the world with different accents, mind you.

Accents are really disassociated with cuteness as far as I'm concerned. The real cuteness factor is not the region from which their speech is associated, but the way in which they speak.

Also,

*Boogies with RPGsr4me*

Never to late to boogie.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-28 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

we're boogieing now?*
    *boogies awkwardly*
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hmm, that could be a 'she's-abit-different' kind of attraction if you yourself are texan, the accent may not seem as interesting as it's more common in your area, and thus the cockney girl seems more interesting and therefore attractive?

Though of course that could just be nonsense inspired by a tired brain on my part.

And people are boggieing still?
    *attempts to boogie*
    Punting, champagne and suits. Ah, the joys of being a Squashman and Anglo-Saxophonist.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Also,

*Boogies with RPGsr4me*

Never to late to boogie.
    we're boogieing now?*
    *boogies awkwardly*
    Quote Originally Posted by Stadge View Post
    And people are boggieing still?
    *attempts to boogie*
    I maintain my right to boogie at any time.
    *boogies*

28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I don't know that book.... I used to read a book about a puppy who always arrived later at home than his brothers. The brothers arrived late and were sent to bed with no dinner, but he got home later and snuck into the kitchen to eat.

Until one day..... SPOILER ALERT! His brothers arrived home early and ate everything. Poor puppy.
    The book, by the way, was called the Pokey Little Puppy. I used to read it to my sister.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    The book, by the way, was called the Pokey Little Puppy. I used to read it to my sister.
    Thank you! I'd forgotten the title!

I wonder if my mom kept it....

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    OH! My girlfriend would've recognized that book. It's from her childhood too. o.o; Must be a regional thing, because I'd never heard of it before. ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show