New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    It seems that computers get the worst of these. It's a sad state that computer gaming is in in big stores. To find a good selection of PC games you have to go to EB Games or something.
    I've seen things just as bad on console shelves, just not ever in the same quantity as with PC games. <.<; Personally I think it's just because computer games are easier to program and marketers figure it is more likely to attract people who have no idea what gaming is about.

They're right too. But this is the same logic that led us to the Great Gaming Crash of 1980. So it worries me every time I see layers of worthless games lining the shelves.

@an alien: Heya. ^^; Um, that's nice, but just so you know, even though we are a bit less topic-oriented here, we do try to stay at least a little on topic when we post. Just saying.

Welcome to the playground though. ^^
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-30 at 12:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    I've seen things just as bad on console shelves, just not ever in the same quantity as with PC games. <.<; Personally I think it's just because computer games are easier to program and marketers figure it is more likely to attract people who have no idea what gaming is about.

They're right too. But this is the same logic that led us to the Great Gaming Crash of 1980. So it worries me every time I see layers of worthless games lining the shelves.

@an alien: Heya. ^^; Um, that's nice, but just so you know, even though we are a bit less topic-oriented here, we do try to stay at least a little on topic when we post. Just saying.

Welcome to the playground though. ^^
    I've never understood how people can look at that drivel let alone buy it. It's sad really.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Then you will love this one.

Naaaaaaait's sao kyoooot!

ION: Finally got round to finishing series 2 of classic Doctor Who.
    Now must go try on costume.
    Sentences fragmented. Words missing.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-09-30 at 12:25 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I guess they're cute.
    GUESS! How can Kirby be anything BUT cute? Kirby makes everything cuter! EVERYTHING!!!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    GUESS! How can Kirby be anything BUT cute? Kirby makes everything cuter! EVERYTHING!!!
    I submit to you the following evidence.

...I'm not sure what this proves, but this evidence is very compelling, I assure you.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

*snippity*

...I'm not sure what this proves, but this evidence is very compelling, I assure you.
    I don't know either, but I sure have been compelled.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

It shows that Kirby likes this thread.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Car ride through the night is almost heaven in itself. The traffic is gradually getting lighter, the lights fewer and further apart. To my right, a perfect half moon is slowly but majestetically rising above the horizon. I'm heading north.

ION: I see that you've been battling a war of cuteness in my absence (read: engrossment in Civ V), and I only want to say this:

They're all so KYOOOT!

Now I'm going to put away this phone and enjoy the night. Ahh...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-09-30 at 03:01 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    It shows that Kirby likes this thread.
    Sorry, Pun Police. You are under arrest for making that terrible pun. You have the right to remain silent (and we wish you'd start exercising it). Any puns you make can and will be used against you in a court of law.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    I've never understood how people can look at that drivel let alone buy it. It's sad really.
    Well, you have to appreciate how little most people know about games, something easy to forget when you're involved in the culture. Games can be scary and confusing if you haven't grown up with them. 'S why those facebook games work as well as they do.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Ugh.. Those facebook games of:
    'Click here.'
    'Now click on the same button again.'
    'And again.'
    'And again.'
    'And again.'
    'Wha-hey, you defeated the evil-doer. You get N amount of XP.'
    'Now, click on this button.'
    'And again.'

Ad nauseum.

ION: When I went to the shop this evening to get some groceries, I had to get some money from the ATM machine. When I got to it, it kept beeping incessantly, and on further inspection, there was a wad of cash just sitting there in the cash slot.
    A Ł200 wad of cash.
    With no one around looking to collect them, I figured I'd put the wad of cash out of it's misery and handed it in to the store's 'Lost and found' at the customer service station before I went about my shopping.

I found a DVD I wanted, while shopping, and after paying for my stuff, I had to go back to the customer service station to get the actual DVD, and when I got there, the woman that I handed the wad of cash in to said that someone had called and asked if anyone had handed them in, even if she figured no one would have done so.
    She asked me to hang around for a few minutes until the woman that called arrived to get her money.

Got Ł20 from her for being honest enough to hand the money in instead of just taking it for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Ugh.. Those facebook games of:
    'Click here.'
    'Now click on the same button again.'
    'And again.'
    'And again.'
    'And again.'
    'Wha-hey, you defeated the evil-doer. You get N amount of XP.'
    'Now, click on this button.'
    'And again.'

Ad nauseum.
    To be fair, that's only half the games on there. The other half are PopCap Games knockoffs.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #223

ION: When I went to the shop this evening to get some groceries, I had to get some money from the ATM machine. When I got to it, it kept beeping incessantly, and on further inspection, there was a wad of cash just sitting there in the cash slot.
    A Ł200 wad of cash.
    With no one around looking to collect them, I figured I'd put the wad of cash out of it's misery and handed it in to the store's 'Lost and found' at the customer service station before I went about my shopping.

I found a DVD I wanted, while shopping, and after paying for my stuff, I had to go back to the customer service station to get the actual DVD, and when I got there, the woman that I handed the wad of cash in to said that someone had called and asked if anyone had handed them in, even if she figured no one would have done so.
    She asked me to hang around for a few minutes until the woman that called arrived to get her money.

Got Ł20 from her for being honest enough to hand the money in instead of just taking it for myself.
    HOoray for honesty! It was nice of her to give you a reward as well. PLus you didn't have to pay for your DVD after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Well, you have to appreciate how little most people know about games, something easy to forget when you're involved in the culture. Games can be scary and confusing if you haven't grown up with them. 'S why those facebook games work as well as they do.
    I guess so. I was playing games at a very young age. Four or five I believe.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    HOoray for honesty! It was nice of her to give you a reward as well. PLus you didn't have to pay for your DVD after all.
    This is true.

To be totally honest, though, after I'd handed the money in, I spent most of the time while shopping beating myself up for being too honest for my own good and that I could really use Ł200.

Those thoughts were greatly lessened when the woman turned up tp collect her money, though.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

so i learned my nickname in my aircraft mechanic class.....

it's not nice at all

on an unrelated note
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    so i learned my nickname in my aircraft mechanic class.....

it's not nice at all

on an unrelated note
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's completely nuts.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

That's completely nuts.
    i love peanuts
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #229

OMGOMGOMG!
    I love my costume for Ruddigore! I don't want to have to give it back next saturday. Also I spent the entire rehearsal wearing it unnecessarily. I iust didn't want to take it off.

Show's gonna be good...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

I HAVE FINISHED MY UCAS APPLICATION

AT LONG LAST

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah!

Happy times. Now I just need to actually do the exams...
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

21. - Top - End - #231

Decided next year to apply for this one scholarship to Cambridge. I have a reasonable chance of winning.
    ION: stupid amounts of homework mean stupid amounts of annoyance.
    IOON: I'm heading to Stratford, Ontario tomorrow, to see a shakespeare play! Yay for getting out of school!
    IOOON: After that, saturday is Nuit Blanche! That's, like, an awesome arts night across the entire city. I will be slightly drunk.
    IOOOON: And then sunday is band practice, except this time with the fulll baaand! At no point, from the beginning to the month until now, have all 5 of us been together, so all is lookin' up!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Sorry, Pun Police. You are under arrest for making that terrible pun. You have the right to remain silent (and we wish you'd start exercising it). Any puns you make can and will be used against you in a court of law.
    Sorry, but your jurisdiction doesn't extend this far.

When it comes to the long arm of the law, we come up short.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233

I just realized that this is a Mew Kirby.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    I just realized that this is a Mew Kirby.
    Nope. Tail isn't tapered enough at the end. Definitely a kitty kirby. That's even the name of the art, in fact.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Nope. Tail isn't tapered enough at the end. Definitely a kitty kirby. That's even the name of the art, in fact.
    It could be a Mew Kirby though. Mew is a kitty Pokemon.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

I've had Tim Minchin's 'Confessions' in my head for the past week or so.

I won't link to it since it's definitely not PG-13, but it's easy to find on the YouTubes.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

28. - Top - End - #238

Ah, bu Bugsy is 1920s Prohibition gangsters. As a musical with children.
    Curses.
    I don't think we have that on DVD.

THat film's a good play. We put it on back when I was in Y5. It was fantastic. I kept skipping lessons to take photographs of the rehearsals. Legally.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*late*

Kirby isn't cute, he's the emobiment of gluttony. Which just happens to be cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    *late*

Kirby isn't cute, he's the emobiment of gluttony. Which just happens to be cute.
    No, Kirby is the embodiment of cuteness. Which just happens to be hungry.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards