New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Build him with PC classes such as Warblade, but make him eiter an unusual race or a human with a pretty hefty template.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sounds good except what class are you going to use as I don't have the book with Warblade in it. Also if you can, can you restrain the race to Human or something similiar.

Or if you would prefer to make it a monster then thats good to.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2011-08-25 at 01:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

The warblade was actually posted on the WotC site a few years ago, the base class can be found here, and the maneuvers here.
    Maneuver levels go just like spell levels, from level 1 to level 9 ones, and a new level is unlocked every other level after 1st.
    Last edited by Togath; 2011-08-25 at 02:03 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #484

My borrowed computer has very annoying blocks on it so I can't access that page.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

confused Re: Critters II!

That's.....rather odd, why would someone block the WotC site?, It doesn't have anything offensive on it as far as I know., Or is it one of those weird "banned for no reason in [insert country's name here]" things like facebook in china?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #486

furious Re: Critters II!

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    That's.....rather odd, why would someone block the WotC site?, It doesn't have anything offensive on it as far as I know., Or is it one of those weird "banned for no reason in [insert country's name here]" things like facebook in china?
    Its a banned for no reason because the Australian government is stupid. You see this is a laptop issued from my school which blocks 99.9% sites for no reason.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

It could be worse, you could be in China, the censorship there is even worse, from what I've heard from a relative who lived there.
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Flabort you like the direction im going with your critters so far?
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep.
    Only question is why Crowolves have 3 int?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

magical beast plus i wanted em to be sneaky and cunning
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

sorry bout the slowness guys im still running into offline troubles

updated your critters Flabort. you like the Eye Peck?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool.
    ...What are the mechanical effects of being half-blind again?
    *wanders off to check the SRD*

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

OK Flabort, your critters are done, twilight im gonna try to do yours in bot regular d20 and then in Paizo's format. Milo do you know of a place i can find video or pics of all of Arakune's maneuvers?

Deep One RC updated
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-09-12 at 06:13 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #494

Milo do you know of a place i can find video or pics of all of Arakune's maneuvers?
    Youtube. I guess. He mainly just calls bugs to attack an enemy, moves like a liquid, turns his bones into claws, and swallows his enemies, goes invisable, etc.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2011-09-13 at 12:10 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

That's made my day. They're perfect.
    Get to work on some other people's requests, though, I've taken enough of your time for now

Also, have you made a Dire Hummingbird? I seem to recall you have, but all I can find are the Hummingbird swarm and Mother of All Hummingbirds. Which could count, I guess.

As I said, though. I've taken enough of your time for now.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

I'd always considered it but then I'd always imagine two snarky PC's standing by saying "Oh noes! It is a Dire Humming bird!" "My Gawd it must be the size of an Owl!"
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

I think dire versions of the core character races would be interesting. Not as races with LAs, but monstrous humanoids.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

you want them first?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    you want them first?
    No thanks. That's just a suggestion.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

I said I would make a couple Dire Magical Beasts, and laid claim to the Thunder Lizard and Hydra. Here is the hydra. Bhu, if it's allowed, could I add a Bert/Abner quote? (I tried already, but couldn't think of one, though)
    The stats are in the spoiler, because of screen stretching table. 8 hydras

Dire Hydra
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]|5-headed|6-headed|7-headed|8-headed|9-headed|10-headed|11-headed|12-headed
    Size/type|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast|Gargantuan Magical Beast
    Hit Dice|8d10+59 (103 hp)|9d10+66 (116 hp)|11d10+80 (141 hp)|12d10+87 (153 hp)|14d10+101 (178 hp)|15d10+108 (191 hp)|17d10+122 (216 hp)|18d10+129 (228 hp)
    Initiative|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1|+1
    Speed|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.
    Armor Class|16 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +9 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 15|17 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +10 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 16|19 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 18|20 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +13 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 19|22 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +15 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 21|23 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +16 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 22|25 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +18 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 24|26 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +19 natural), touch 7, flat-footed 27
    Base Attack/Grapple|+8/+26|+9/+27|+11/+30|+12/+31|+14/+34|+15/+35|+17/+38|+18/+39
    Attack|5 bites +10 melee (2d8+6)|6 bites +12 melee (2d8+6)|7 bites +15 melee (2d8+7)|8 bites +16 melee (3d8+7)|9 bites +19 melee (3d8+8)|10 bites +20 melee (3d8+8)|11 bites +23 melee (3d8+9)|12 bites +24 melee (3d8+9)
    Full Attack|5 bites +10 melee (2d8+6)|6 bites +12 melee (2d8+6)|7 bites +15 melee (2d8+7)|8 bites +16 melee (3d8+7)|9 bites +19 melee (3d8+8)|10 bites +20 melee (3d8+8)|11 bites +23 melee (3d8+9)|12 bites +24 melee (3d8+9)
    Space/Reach|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.|20 ft./15 ft.
    Special Attacks|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    Special Qualities|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 15, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 16, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 17, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 18, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 19, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 20, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 21, low light vision, scent|Darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 22, low light vision, scent
    Saves|{colsp=8} Good fortitude, Good Reflex, bad will
    Fort|+13|+13|+14|+15|+16|+16|+17|+18
    Ref|+7|+7|+8|+9|+10|+10|+11|+12
    Will|+4|+5|+5|+6|+6|+7|+7|+8
    Abilities|{colsp=8}
    Str|23|23|25|25|27|27|29|29
    Dex|12|12|12|12|12|12|12|12
    Con|24|24|24|24|24|24|24|24
    Int|2|2|2|2|2|2|2|2
    Wis|10|10|10|10|10|10|10|10
    Cha|13|13|13|13|13|13|13|13
    Skills|Listen +7, spot +8, swim +14|listen +8, spot +8, swim +14|listem +8, spot +9, swim +15|listen +9, spot +9, swim +15|listen +9, spot +10, swim +16|listen +10, spot +10, swim +16|listen +10, spot +11, swim +17|listen +11, spot +11, swim +17
    Feats|Combat Reflexes (B), Iron will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite)|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Iron will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite)|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Iron will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite),|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Iron will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite)|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Iron will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite),|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Iron will, Snatch, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite),|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Iron will, Snatch, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite),|Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Iron will, Power Attack, Snatch, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Bite),
    Environment|{colsp=8}Temperate Marshes
    Organization|{colsp=8}Solitary
    Challenge Rating|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15
    Treasure|{colsp=8}1/10 coins;50% goods;50% items
    Alignment|{colsp=8}Usually neutral
    Advancement|{colsp=8}-
    Level Adjustment|{colsp=8}-[/table]

"Abner, that is a big tooth. Please tell mah it's not still-"

"RAWRARAR!!"

"Ah'll go get the thumpin' stick"

No one knows what caused the first Hydra to devolop into a dangerously feral Dire Hydra. But what they do know is that the hydra's innate magic didn't mix entirely well with it's increased size. It appears from afar to be an ordinary hydra, if you can call a hydra ordinary, but upon closer inspection, it appears to be much larger, with massive saber teeth, and spines and ridges down it's necks, and along it's back, giving a very much fiercer, more feral appearance. A short time after it regrows new heads, any extras have a tendency to explode loudly, making these creatures dangerous, but a threat to themselves. They are dark brown to black, with a gray-brown or tan underbelly, with several vibrant red markings along their ridges and horns.

combat
    Dire hydras can attack with all their heads at no penalty, even if they move or charge during the round.

A dire hydra can be killed either by severing all it's heads or by slaying it's body. To sever a head, an opponent must make a successful sunder attempt with a slashing weapon. (The player should declare where the attack is aimed before making the attack roll). Making a sunder attempt provokes an attack of opportunity unless the foe has the Improved Sunder feat. An opponent can strike at a dire hydra's heads from any position in which he could strike at the dire hydra itself, because it's heads writhe and whip about in combat. An opponent can ready an action to attempt to sunder a dire hydra's head when the creature bites at him. Each of a hydra's heads has hitpoints equal to the creature's full normal hit point total, divided by it's original number of heads. Losing a head deals damage to the body equal to half the head's full normal hitpoints. A natural reflex seals the neck shut to prevent further blood loss. A dire hydra can no longer attack with a severed head but takes no other penalties.

Each time a head is severed, three new heads spring from the stump in 1d6 rounds. A dire hydra can never have more than three times it's original number of heads at any one time, and extra heads it gains beyond it's original number die within 3d10 rounds, exploding for 2d10 sonic damage within 40 feet, centered on the dire hydra. To prevent a severed head from growing back into three heads, at least 5 points of fire or acid damage must be dealt to the stump (a touch attack to hit) before the new heads appear. A flaming weapon (or similar effect) deals it's energy damage to the stump in the same blow in which a head is severed. Fire or acid damage from an area effect may burn multiple stumps in addition to dealing damage to the dire hydra's body. A dire hydra does not die from losing it's heads until all it's heads have been cut off and the stumps seared by fire or acid.

A dire hydra's body can be slain just like any other creature's, but dire hydras possess fast healing (see below) and are difficult to defeat in this fashion. Any attack that is not (or cannot be) an attempt to sunder a head affects the body.

Targeted magical effects cannot sever a dire hydra's heads (and thus must be directed at the body) unless they deal slashing damage and could be used to make sunder attempts.

Fast Healing
    Each round, a dire hydra heals damage equal to 10 + the number of it's original heads

skills
    Dire hydras have a +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks, thanks to their multiple heads.

A dire hydra has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can choose to take 10 on a swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Feats
    A dire hydra's Combat Reflexes feat allows it to use all it's heads for attacks of opportunity.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-09-17 at 05:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Sure go ahead!
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Only problem is, I can't think of what to put in.
    Should I be scaring Bert, or Abner, what text colors should I use, and what should they say to keep it "original", how to represent their accents, stuff like that.

"Stop try-an tah hit that thing again, Bert. I already cut off it's head, dudn't I.....? WHOAH! HIT IT! HIT IT!"

Would that be good to put in? It doesn't seem to have the right... flair. Or color?

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

I've varied the colors over time. I generally just substitute ah for I and anything that ends in ing is now in'.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, ok. that makes sense. I'll put the quote (with "Fixed" grammar) into the entry. thanks

Actually, thought of a better one.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-09-17 at 05:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Arakune

Arakune
    Medium Outsider
    Hit Dice: 30d8+150 (285 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Climb 40 ft., Burrow 40 ft.
    Armor Class: 35 (+5 Dex, +20 Deflection), touch 35, flat-footed 30
    Base Attack/Grapple: +30/+35
    Attack: Limb +35 melee (1d10+5)
    Full Attack: 6 Limbs +35 melee (1d10+5)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Blast, Paralysis Gas, Astral Finish, Summon Bugs, Attack from Below, Engulf, Pounce
    Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Teleport, Merge, Invisibility, Fluid Body, Insanity, Immunities
    Saves: Fort +22, Ref +22, Will +19
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 2
    Skills: Balance +23, Climb +23, Computer Use +18, Concentration +22, Craft (Electronics) +18, Disable Device +18, Escape Artist +31, Hide +23, Jump +23, Knowledge (Physical Sciences, Technology) +18, Listen +19, Move Silently +23, Research +18, Spot +19, Swim +22, Tumble +18
    Feats: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Combat Reflexes, Greater Powerful Charge, Improved Trip, Leap Attack, Leap of the Heavens, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Roofwalker
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Unique
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Advancement: 31+ HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"I m Ar k u ..."

I'd put a bio for Arakune here but I'm not sure f it would put me in trouble...

Blast (Su): 5 times per day (once every 1d4 rounds) Arakune can unleash a blast of Force energy in either a 10' Radius centered around himself (to which he is immune) or in a 30' Line doing 20d6 Force damage. He may also do this to a Grappled opponent in lieu of a Grapple attack, but this causes his opponent to escape the Grapple.

Gas (Su): Once per round as a Swift Action Arakune can exhale a small vaporous cloud covering a 5'x5'x5' area. If anyone enters the crowd they attract the insects hidden within Arakune's body on subsequent rounds (see below) for 1d6 rounds.

Astral Finish (Su): 3 times per day as a Full Attack Arakune can turn into a giant eye, move, and make a melee touch attack. If the touch attack is successful his opponent must make a DC 27 Willpower Save or Die. If the Save is successful the opponent takes 3d6 damage instead.

Summon Bugs (Su): If an opponent who has been exposed to Arakune's Gas Attack is within 30' of him he can call up a Bell Bug, Bee or Ground Bug once per round as a Swift Action. They remain until killed or the gas wears off.

Attack from Below (Ex): As a Full Round attack Arakune can plunge a tentacle into the ground, and Limb attack any opponent standing on it up to 30' away. He likes to perform trip attacks in this manner.

Engulf (Ex): Arakune can make Grapple Checks without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If the opponent is his Size Class or smaller he can Engulf them on a successful Grapple Check, and do 2d10+10 damage as long as the Grapple is maintained.

Pounce (Ex): Arakune can make a Full Attack as part of a Charge. He can also make a Trip Attack as part of a Charge.

Teleport (Su): Arakune can Teleport to any location within 30' a number of times per day equal to his Constitution Score.

Merge (Ex): Arakune can meld into porous surfaces like dirt and sand as a Swift Action once per round. While melded he is considered to have Total Concealment, and is effectively invisible to his opponent as long as he takes no action other than moving under the surface (must be at least 10' deep).

Invisibility (Su): Arakune can use Invisibility a number of times per day equal to his Constitution Score.

Fluid Body (Ex): Due to his lack of internal organs Arakune gets the following abilities from his somewhat fluid body: a Deflection Bonus to Armor Class equal to his Constitution Score. Also due to his ability to morph the bones floating withing his body he can choose to do bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage when he attacks.

Insanity (Ex): Arakune is permanently and incurably insane. To communicate with another being for 1 round requires a DC 30 Concentration Check. Using any Int or Cha based skill requires a DC 20 Concentration Check. Once per week or so he has a lucid period lasting 1d4 minutes in which these penalties do not apply. While he is not lucid, those trying to look into his mind via telepathy or similar powers such a Detect Thoughts must make a DC 27 Willpower Save (Save DC is Wisdom Based) or be Dazed 1 round.

Immunities (Ex): Immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, disease, Mind-Affecting Effects, and is not subject to critical hits or flanking. He is also immune to Swarm attacks. Arakune does not sleep.

Skills: Arakune is very dark colored and gains a +8 Racial Bonus to Hide Checks in areas of shadowy illumination. He also gets a +8 Racial Bonus to Escape Artist Checks.

Combat: Arakune uses his superior movement and agility to outmaneuver opponents while awaiting an opportunity to Gas them and then Summon help. If that fails his invisibility comes into play, and he has quite a few options to rely on for tougher opponents.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-11-01 at 02:47 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

any powers/feats you think I should add milo?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    any powers/feats you think I should add milo?
    Looks good so far.

Edit: Could you tell me where the following feats are from though: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, and Leap of the Heavens
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2011-09-24 at 04:49 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Complete Adventurer: Brachiation
    Players Handbook 2: Acrobatic Strike, Combat Acrobat, Leap of the Heavens
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

does arakune need food, sleep, water. air?
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #510

Air: Probably for the insects inside him.
    Food: I think he needs to eat as in the first game his story mode had you chose whether you eat the opponent or not.
    Sleep: Don't think so.
    Water: Probably for the insects inside him.
    Show