New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Ah, I get ya.

I was planning to issue some stuff like Shield Ward to help with touch attacks, decent shields for that evasiony goodness, etc, but it's going to be martial characters [no TOB] and cunning all the way, so i'll settle for as close as you can get with reasonable CRs...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

how do you want to handle the noise throwing off their targeting? Some of their breath weapons would be area effects. Im trying to decide on ranged attack or line for the Nadder, because the wiki says they have a range in hundreds of yards.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

For the noise, i was just going to include it as a thing for dragons in the game because it's cool: Move action counts as concealment as you confuse the buggers a bit.

As to the breath, either works fine. They only seem to have about a 100ft range on the absolute outside in the film so i'm happy to go with that [I really didn't take to the books very well so i'm happy to ignore them completely].

Area effects are cool [after i noticed that Tower Shields basically grant evasion, i just pulled that down to all shields for these purposes...]
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Nadder needs feats and cr. The rest is done and awaiting feedback.
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

The deadly nadder can unleash a volley of impaling tail spikes. I'd suggest that you make that a special attack. It probably should have 1d4 spikes that it can use once every 4 rounds causing 1d4 damage each). On a critical hit, the victim is impaled and must spend 2 rounds removing the spike.

Hot breather (Ex): Any target with 5 Hit Dice or fewer that takes damage from the dragon's breath weapon must make a Reflex save (DC 18) or be incinerated, leaving nothing but a pile of ash. The save is Constitution based. Incinerated targets can be raised or resurrected normally.

It should probably have Flyby Feat, Multiattck, Improved Multiattack and Wingover.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-12-20 at 09:15 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks awesome, though pretty potent.

I haven't run pure 3.5 in a long while so if you reckon that a well coordinated group of PCs can face that at level 3-4 [this is the part i can control, right there] can handle it, then let's slap a CR on it and move on!

btw, the Full actions were a nice touch. Certainly behaves like that in the movie

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Deadly nadder looks good. I still recommend Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack and Wingover as feats.

So, when are you actually going to finish Abner?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-12-21 at 12:54 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Aside from Flyby Attack, most of those seem counter to what it actually getsup to in the film...just sayin...

Snatch, Hover, Power Attack?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Deadly nadder looks good. I still recommend Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack and Wingover as feats.

So, when are you actually going to finish Abner?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Debby
    I'm working on it. Just lost my job again so things are in turmoil. When he gets an update I'll mention here in this thread too.

Nadders are too small for the Snatch Feat. Feats are up, and my best guess is it's CR 6 in it's current form. Shall I revise?
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-12-22 at 12:53 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

CR 6 is slap in the middle of the range i was hoping for. One minor request is to include the save DC for the Heat Metal effect and anything else in the Magnesium Flare ability.

Thanks!

Gronkle next, or Terrible Terror, do you think?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost your job already?
    I'm really sorry to hear that.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, didn't notice he job thing...

Sorry dude...

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

It's okay it wasn't entirely unexpected. It wasn't what they told me it would be, it turned out to be a high stress sales position, except instead of selling products for the most part I was selling the idea that if you solicited your neighbors for charity you would be doing some good.

Turns out the charities were pretty much in name only, the republicans they raised funds for are suing them for scamming them, and the religious donations they take are prosperity gospel televangelists who keep telling people if they send their money to Jesus he'll send them 10,000 dollars for putting a mere 600 bucks on their credit card. Honestly I'm pretty sure they were breaking laws, and it's best in the long run I cut my ties with them now.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

So...you were an officially sanctioned Matchstick man and had to pay for the travel to the training? That blows!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    ...gospel televangelists who keep telling people if they send their money to Jesus he'll send them 10,000 dollars for putting a mere 600 bucks on their credit card.
    This... this makes me sick. If any one wants to spread their religion, they should not do it through TV, and the should not try and scam people like that.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but

....solicited your neighbors for charity....
    I'm not entirely sure what that term's suppos'd to mean. "soliciting" is... standing around with nothing to do, I thought. I'm probably wrong, and am to lazy to reach for a dictionary, (even a .com), but I am asking what the term's supposed to mean.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    It's okay it wasn't entirely unexpected. It wasn't what they told me it would be, it turned out to be a high stress sales position, except instead of selling products for the most part I was selling the idea that if you solicited your neighbors for charity you would be doing some good.

Turns out the charities were pretty much in name only, the republicans they raised funds for are suing them for scamming them, and the religious donations they take are prosperity gospel televangelists who keep telling people if they send their money to Jesus he'll send them 10,000 dollars for putting a mere 600 bucks on their credit card. Honestly I'm pretty sure they were breaking laws, and it's best in the long run I cut my ties with them now.
    *pats on back*

Hope you find another job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

We were asking people to ask their neighbors for money Flabort.

Thanks for the well wishes guys (mass hugs)

Terrible Terrors
    Tiny Dragon
    Hit Dice: 1d12 (6 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 20 ft., Fly 60 ft. (Good)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 Size, +4 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 16, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d4-4)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d4-4)
    Space/Reach: 2 1/2' ft./0' ft.
    Special Attacks: Fire Sniper, Feisty
    Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', dragon traits, Fire Resistance 5
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 3, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Skills: Climb +4, Hide +8, Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Spot +4
    Feats: Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Warm or Temperate Mountains
    Organization: Solitary, Flock 10-200
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: ---
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Odin help us."

The Terrible Terror is among the smallest of dragons rarely larger than a cat. Due to their small size and proclivity to travel in flocks they are in some ways more dangerous than bigger dragons as they can easily hide in viking homes and start fires while playing around.

Fire Sniper (Ex): As a Full Round Action up to 6 times per day spit a cute little blast of fire up to a range of 30'. The fire is a ranged touch attack doing 2d6 fire damage, and any flammable materials hit will burst into flame and burn for 1d3 rounds. The Terrible Terrors are incredibly accurate with this fire, and can ignore to hit penalties for Concealment.

Feisty (Ex): Terrible Terrors do not take a Size Penalty to Grapple Checks, and they do not provoke Attacks of Opportunity when entering the square of an opponent due to their size.

Combat: Terrible Terrors tend to play with their food in a manner similar to cats, and spit fire if cornered, angered, or bored.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-01-04 at 02:25 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Altighty, that makes sense.

On topic, is there a such thing as 2.5' reach?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what that term's suppos'd to mean. "soliciting" is... standing around with nothing to do, I thought. I'm probably wrong, and am to lazy to reach for a dictionary, (even a .com), but I am asking what the term's supposed to mean.
    I think you're thinking of the thing Prostitutes do, which is known as soliciting, though that's actually the bit where people stop their car and the lady asks "hey handsome, going my way?"

That bit.

But basically Bhu was asking people to do that to their neighbours for "charity..."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

After looking at the Manticore's stat block, I think that the deadly nadder's poison spikes shouldn't be a special attack even though it can only use it twice a day.

Technically, the Point Blank Shot feat doesn't work on the poison spikes because it exceeds the range limit of 30 feet. You should note that this is an exception. Also, the poison spikes should cause piercing damage not untyped damage.

Debby

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

The Point Blank Shot was mostly included for the ifre, but it will work for the spikes (just only if the target is within 30').

Thats a 2.5' space Flabort, their reach is 0
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

oh.
    Duh.

I didn't look close enough, thanks.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Bulk of the Terrors stats are up. You like?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I do like.

Never was sure if they were tiny or small [mostly because the D&D books are generally inconsitant on that].

I reckon they deserve that feat you made elsewhere in the thread that allows them to jump on people without AoOs as a bonus feat too.

Happy Christmas!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Terrible Terrors are almost done. You like so far ?
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed I am. Maybe add a smidge of damage to the breath, perhaps HD or a stat...

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I'll think of something, oh and before I forget I updated Abner a few days back.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

would 2d6 for the fire be okay with you?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that works nicely

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

I just thought of something, Shouldn't i be giving the dragons Fire Resistance?
    Orcs and Goblins