New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

*shuffles feet*

How, uh... How's the derro doing there, doc? Can you save him?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Awakened Cat
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d4
    Skills: 6+int modifier
    Class skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot and Survival.

{table]Level|BaB|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0|+0|+2|+0|Cute and Fluffy Body, Adorable, Scent, Weapon Finesse, Cat's Eye, -2 Str +3 Dex[/table]

Proficiencies: Cats are proficient only with their natural weapons.

Features
    Cute and Fluffy Body: The Awakened Cat loses all other racial traits and bonuses and gains magical beast traits (Low Light Vision and Darkvision 60 feet.) It is a tiny sized and has a base speed of 30 feat. It has two natural claw attacks dealing 1d2+Str damage each, and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d3+1/2Str damage
    It does not have hands capable of fine manipulation, and cannot wield a weapon in either set of its paws.

Adorable (Ex):
    Aw, look at the kitty! Look at it! Don't you just want to give it a big hug? An awakened cat is just so darn cute, and so it gains a bonus to Bluff of +2 and can cast Charm Person as a SLA 1/day per HD.
    DC=10+HD+Cha modifier.

Scent (Ex): The Awakened Cat gains the scent ability at level 1.

Weapon Finesse (Ex): The Awakened cat gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat at level 1.

Cat's Eye (Ex): Cats are naturally skilled at seeing in the dark. The Awakened Cat's Darkvision improves by 5 feet every level. At 5HD it gains 5ft blindsight, which improves by an additional 5 feet every two levels afterward. At 15HD it gains permanent True Seeing.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Sometimes I feel like the biggest nerd in the world.

Anyways, this had been requested on another forum, so I figured I may as well go ahead.

What do you think? Too much? Too little? Too ridiculous? Not ridiculous enough? I am open for suggestion.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Changed Adorable from a potentially enormous Diplomacy bonus to a small bonus and the ability to cast Charm as an SLA.
    Last edited by sciencepanda; 2010-10-13 at 12:09 PM.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

Adorable is broken as hell. Also, the Body line references giant crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #394

Yeah, I usually work off a prexisting template, so it generally takes me a few runs through just to have everything corrected. I'll reduce Adorable's power a bit as well.
    Campaign:

Characters:

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Makiru View Post
    Well, somebody took the initiative that I didn't and did the Arrow Demon, so that's off my plate. I guess I'll just do my own thing for the next project. Each time I look through my books, I keep coming back to the nabasu and carnage demons, so I might call dibs on those.
    Sorry about stealing your thunder. I didn't see the rules on calling dibs until I came to post.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

More than alright. This is a collaborative project, after all, and if somebody can get it done better and faster, more power to them. I just decided to do some things that probably wouldn't get requested for a very long time that I happen to like.

...I also had a bad experience with an arrow demon when I DM'd once and I wasn't looking forward to reliving that.
    Proud beta-tester for Pirates vs. Ninjas

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In the employer/BBEG's mansion.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think I finished everything for the ettin and for the nimblewright. Do they look good?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

8. - Top - End - #398

For the awaken cat,
    1st) what book is that from
    2nd) it should get dogde bonus equal to dex instead of natural armor
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-11 at 02:00 AM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399

The cat and several other standard animals are right in the srd. Someone had already made an awakened crab class, and there were already a series of games where people had wanted to play as an awakened cat, so I just went ahead and made one.

Dodge bonus makes more sense in retrospect, so thank you for that.
    Campaign:

Characters:

10. - Top - End - #400

i really dont think they should get D8 it's a tiny animal, it should get a D4
    on other note where have you been? it beeen a while since you posted in servral games

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

He Awakened Monstrous Crab is an actual Monster I believe, rather than just an Awakened Animal. Maybe make a general class like for the Anthropomorphic Animal and Werewhathaveyou.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    Yeah, I usually work off a prexisting template, so it generally takes me a few runs through just to have everything corrected. I'll reduce Adorable's power a bit as well.
    [Nitpick]
    You probably want to change the save DC on adorable as well. Right now it's 10+HD+Cha, that should probably be 10+HD+Cha mod.[/Nitpick]
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    [Nitpick]
    You probably want to change the save DC on adorable as well. Right now it's 10+HD+Cha, that should probably be 10+HD+Cha mod.[/Nitpick]
    ...And not even that, it should be 10+HD+1/2 cha mod. Also, this is a cat we're talking about here: bluff is much more applicable than diplomacy.

Unholy Scion:
    Juuuust give it some BAB, HD and saves. All the other templates do.
    For SLAs, follow the same format as the half-fiend and celestial and the half-illithid: lesser, intermediate & greater.
    Unholy Strike needs some serious rewording.
    All in all? It's pretty damn powerful. I'd give it d8 HD, one good save, and 3/4 BAB, then scrap the charisma bonuses. In return, you're getting amazing SLAs, a large amount of pretty much untyped damage every hit (I think) and some very good other abilities.
    Also, state that the gate SLA cannot do the "calling creatures" function. Period.
    Oh, and under the "body" thing, state that they may choose to become an outsider, but don't have to. What if an undead or construct takes the class?
    Anyways, needs some serious reformatting. I don't necessarily agree with Hyudra on one thing, though- seems like Unholy Scion is more for non-monster classes than monster classes. That's what we have monster of legend for- otherwise, that'll just lead to even more template stacking, and that's just a pain.
    Phoelarch:
    Don't really need to bother with languages, but I won't stop you.
    For heat, let it extend to using weapons. Also, you're going to be rolling a lot of dice just with that- scrap the "catch fire" bit.
    ...And then you have Burning Metal. Riiight... Scrap that one, but keep explosive blade, and let it apply to any weapon. Restricting it to nonmagical is just gimping the Phoelarch.
    Healing fire brings up some bad implications... specifically, a Phoelarch repeatedly punching himself in the face to heal himself.
    Spread out Fire Mastery more. Scorching ray shouldn't come until 3, fireball should come by 5, and the rest could come by 9.
    Rise From the Ashes also brings up bad implications- Phoelarches killing themselves to become a Phoera, or killing themselves once they are a Phoera to revert back to a Phoelarch. It's a problem.
    Death Throes has the problem of likely hurting your surviving party members just as much as your enemies.
    No non-SRD spells. Just stat out these "fiery wings".
    ...And Blazing Transformation solves the problem of Rise from the Ashes. Sortof- you just have to wait a few levels, but imagine a weapons-master PC who is pissed off, waiting in Phoera form for level 6 to come.
    Blessing of the Firebird is... eh. It kindof leads to implications of the Phoelarch giving that out to all of his party members, then just whenever is suitable. I'd limit it to 1/5 HD, and make it a similar bonus. And then just let the Phoelarch give one to himself (but in that case, might want to make that 1/5 HD+1.)
    Arrow Demon:
    Put in skills.
    Put in ability score totals by the final level.
    Reformat so that the table matches the text.
    Close Combat shot... looks fine. Although it's a bit silly taking an AoO with a bow.
    Symmetrical archery... reword the last part of the ability: allow it to attack once with each bow as a standard action.
    Otherwise, looks okay, but I'd try to make it look a little nicer, rewrite the abilities a bit, and give it no more than +1 per level.
    Also, needs an ability 1st level.

Horrid Monster: Again, no "as base monster class". Just let them choose, if you can't choose yourself.
    Horrid Body is cool, and so is ravaging weapon.
    The Backlash effect is... very odd. What happens with suggestion? Or dominate?
    Otherwise, looks like a good job, though honestly I was expecting a giant, not a template.

Mineral Warrior:
    Don't spoiler the picture.
    No good saves? Really? I'd lower the BAB, up the HD to d10, and give it good fort.
    Why move silently? Why use rope? Why jump? These are things I would not expect a ROCK to do. I would expect a rock to do things like balance.
    ...If it lacks a base land speed, that means it flies or swims, and shouldn't be becoming a rock in the first place.
    Just make the DR equal to 1/2 HD. Makes thing easier on everyone.
    It should get some natural armor.
    ...I don't get the stone points mechanic. Does it need to forgo the DR and then take an attack? It's pretty wonky, all in all- the abilities don't really mesh, some of them are worthless, and many are worded rather poorly. I wouldn't try to make such a complex creature for your first class- if you want to give it some abilities, rather than "stone points", passive or dailies work just fine. Or per encounter, or whatever. Look at some stone hammer maneuvers/stances for inspiration.

And I don't have time to balance Illurien before my classes start, and I don't know what the hell that demon thing is but it looks really really cool, and Sciencepanda you've outdone yourself again and the Awakened Cat is awesome! WOooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Titanic poke. Don't forget to add it to the list if it's now acceptable.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

15. - Top - End - #405

Daemon

Added an ability at first, skills and other corrections. Close Combat Shot is exactly how it appears in the MMIII.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said, this is my first attempt at anything other than a dragon and I wasn't very good at those either. Couldn't find a picture.

EDIT: Bolding the abilities. give me one second.
    Illurien
    Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+0 | +2 | Planar body, Tempest lash, Pointed Knowledge +1 Int
    2|+1 |+ 0|+0 | +3 | Aligned Strike
    3|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | fast healing, planar resistance,
    4|+ 3|+ 1|+1 | +4 | Improved tempest lash, infinite knowledge +1 Int
    5|+ 3|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | fly speed, arcane sight
    6|+ 4|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Growth, improved Planar resistance
    7|+ 5|+ 2|+2 | + 5| Knowledge devotion, improved infinite knowledge +1 int
    8|+ 6|+ 2|+2 | +6 | Storm of visions, cloud of foresight
    9|+ 6|+ 3|+ 3| +6 | Greater planar resistance, Knowledge devotion, +1 int
    10|+7 |+ 3|+3 | +7 | greater infinite knowledge, +1 Int
    11|+ 8| + 3|+ 3| +7 | Blindsight
    12|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | Perfect Planar resistance
    13|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | plane shift, Perfect Infinite Knowledge, +1 int
    14|+ 10|+ 4|+4 | +9 | Home Plane
    15|+ 11|+5 |+ 5| +9 | Rejuvenation
    [/table]
    Skills: 4+ int mod per level. Class skills: Bluff, Appraise, Decipher script, Gather information, intimidate, Knowledge (any) listen, search, sense motive, spellcraft, spot, Use magic device.

Proficiencies: Illurien isn't proficient with any weapons except her tempest lash and isn't proficient with any armor.

Features:

Outsider body: Illurien loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits, (Basically darkvision 60 feet), Base move speed of 40, she gains the tempest lash SU ability and pointed knowledge.

Tempest lash:
    Illurien can use tempest lash as a standard action. The damage is equal to 1d8+strength modifier. At level 4 Tempest lash improves. It now deals 1d4 intelligence damage with each hit and the die size increases by one size every 4 HD afterwards. The save DC for the intelligence damage is 10+half hit dice+ Charisma modifier.

Pointed knowledge:
    Illurien is incapable of speech. However, she knows all languages and is capable of telepathy out to 10 feet per HD.

+1 intelligence. Illurien gains a +1 bonus to her intelligence score at levels 1, 4, 7, 9, 10 and 13 for a total of +6 to her intelligence score at 13th level.

Aligned strike:
    At 2nd level, any weapon Illurien wields is treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Planar resistance:
    At 3rd level Illurien gains immunity to disease and poison including magical diseases and poisons.

Fast healing:
    At 3rd level Illurien gains fast healing equal to a third of her total hit dice.

Infinite Knowledge:
    Illurien can now use all that knowledge she stole and all the brains she ate to good use. At 4th level, A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier (minimum of 1), she may expend a move action to make a knowledge check against whatever she may be facing: local for monstrous humanoids, arcane for magical beasts and dragons, Architecture/Engineering for constructs, dungeoneering for aberrations & oozes, the planes for outsiders & elementals, nature for animals & fey, nobility & royalty for humanoids, and geography for giants. The DC of this knowledge check is 15. If she succeeds, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to attacks against the creature (or creatures, if there are multiple creatures of the same race). This bonus increases by an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 7th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to saves against the creature's abilities, plus an additional one for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 10th level, Illurien may instead grant +1d6 damage to attacks against the creature, plus an additional 1d6 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 13th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to AC against the creature's attacks, plus an additional one for every 10 points she succeeds by.
    Starting at 16th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to save DCs against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.

Flight:
    at 5th level Illurien gains a fly speed of 5 feet per HD and good maneuverability.

Arcane sight: At 5th level, Illurien gains the spell arcane sight as an SLA 1/day per HD to better find the knowledge she craves.

Improved Planar Resistance: At 6th level Illurien gains acid resistance equal to her hit dice and damage reduction good equal to half her hit dice

Growth: at 6th level Illurien grows to large size.

Cloud of Foresight SU:
    At 8th level, drawing on her boundless lore,Illurien uses her opponent's tendencies and desires against them. This causes her opponents to have a 20% miss chance against her.

Storm of visions SU: (At 8th level) The watery droplets that surround Illurien are the collected fragments of the knowledge she has accumulated. At the end of Each of Illurien's turns each creature within 30 feet of her must succeed on a will save equal to 10+Half HD+ Charisma modifier or be dazed for one round. A successful save negates the effect but each creature in the area must make a new saving throw at the end of each of Illurien's turns. This is a mind affecting ability.

greater planar resistance:
    At 9th level, Illurien gains immunity to paralysis and stunning as well as Spell resistance equal to HD+11

Knowledge devotion: At 9th level Illurien gains Knowledge devotion as a bonus feat regardless of whether or not she meets the prerequisites.

Perfect planar resistance: at 12th level, Illurien gains immunity to sleep, electricity and Polymorph effects.

Plane shift:
    At 13th level, Illurien can now cast plane shift as the spell 1/day per 4 HD.

Home Plane: At 14th level, Illurien gains her own home plane, known as the Aethenaum Nefarious. Her own “Ivory tower” filled to the brim with forgotten knowledge and dark secrets. This library is located in the outlands.

Rejuvenation: at 15th level When Illurien would “die” she instead regenerates within the Aethenaum Nefarious in 2 days.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The intelligence boosts are meant to be at whatever level she gets a new knowledge based ability.

I would have liked to give her better abilities at the higher levels but I couldn't think of much.
    Rejuvenation comes in at 15th level because I saw the sandshaper gets a similar ability as a capstone and you can't enter that prestige class without shenanigans until 5th level.

I put the telepathy at first level because not being able to speak is a very large disadvantage.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-11 at 12:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Er, there's no effect stated about what Storm of Visions does.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    Er, there's no effect stated about what Storm of Visions does.
    Noticed that and changed it. Thanks for pointing it out though.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-11 at 12:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotcha. Otherwise, i've no comments: I've never made a creature, and I'm not sure what kind of balance should go into this, but it looks like a fun class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Makiru View Post
    Demon, Nashrou
    • It comes across as being very weak.
    • You state it can't wield weapons - do you mean it lacks fine manipulation (can it turn a doorknob easily?) - This might need to be clarified.
    • We've got a creature that can't use weapons & can't speak, that comes with a fairly notable penalty at 1st level, and no major advantages.
    • The abilities it gains with HD could be spread out so they aren't all gained at 4th level.
    • The speed increase is okay, but all in all, it isn't very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    Awakened Cat
    • The art used for the picture doesn't fit the rest of the homebrew stuff.
    • Tiny size generally means you've got lower HD, as far as other creatures in this thread have established.
    • The dodge bonus is a little much & a little too easy to get, when you add it to the AC bonus for tiny size and the fact that an awakened cat is probably going to be a dex-loaded class (Scout?) anyways.

Horrid Monster: Again, no "as base monster class". Just let them choose, if you can't choose yourself.
    Horrid Body is cool, and so is ravaging weapon.
    The Backlash effect is... very odd. What happens with suggestion? Or dominate?
    Otherwise, looks like a good job, though honestly I was expecting a giant, not a template.
    For the record, altered Creature of Legend spellcasting description to make it clearer (based on HD, not 'monster levels as cleric levels').

Added a bit to the Backlash effect of Horrid Monster, to cover loopholes (if there's no clear effect for the caster to suffer, they're instead left in a stupor).

Giants are a big job: they pretty much have to be designed from the ground up, each new giant requires more content than the last (having more levels than the giant before), I'm still striving to keep the content of each giant original and especially since people tend to steal stuff from my giants for their own classes (see: Titan), I want to be sure I'm getting it right. I'll be working on other stuff in the meantime, if that's alright.
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2010-10-11 at 12:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Dream Larva

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: D8
    Skills: Concentration, Craft(Dreamweaving), Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Knowledge(Arcana), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot
    Skill Points: 6 + Int mod (x4 at first level)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Feature
    1|+0|+2|+0|+2|Body of Nightmares, Soporific Touch, Jaws, +1 Cha, +1 Str
    2|+1|+3|+0|+3|Lesser Abomination Traits, +1 Cha
    3|+2|+3|+1|+3|Unreal Healing, Dreamcrafter, +1 Str
    4|+3|+4|+1|+4|Mental Reflection, +1 Cha
    5|+3|+4|+1|+4|Bad Dream, +1 Str
    6|+4|+5|+2|+5|Claws and Pincers, +1 Cha
    7|+5|+5|+2|+5|Night Fever, Growth, +1 Str
    8|+6/+1|+6|+2|+6|Up Above, Improved Grab, +1 Cha
    9|+6/+1|+6|+3|+6|Dark Summoning, +1 Str
    10|+7/+2|+7|+3|+7|Darkest Fears, +1 Cha
    11|+8/+3|+7|+3|+7|Greater Abomination Traits, +1 Str
    12|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8|Sending, +1 Cha
    13|+9/+4|+8|+4|+8|Flashing Colors, +1 Str
    14|+10/+5|+9|+4|+9|Drink the Soul, +1 Cha
    15|+11/+6/+1|+9|+5|+9|Glimpse of Terror, +1 Str
    16|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|Phantasmal Protection, +1 Cha
    17|+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|Arachnoid Embrace, +1 Str
    18|+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|Fast as Thought, +1 Cha
    19|+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11|Greater Summoning, +1 Str
    20|+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+12|Worst Nightmare, +1 Cha
    [/table]

Proficiencies: A Dream Larva is proficient only with its natural weapons.

Body of Nightmares: A Dream Larva loses all racial traits and becomes an Outsider. It gain Outsider traits (Darkvision 60 ft, does not need to sleep or eat) and a natural armor bonus equal to its Con modifier + 4. The Dream Larva is medium size and appears to be mostly humanoid, but it is made of wriggling leeches holding a solid shape. It has two arms and two legs, and one head, and its arms may be used for fine manipulation.

Soporific Touch(ex): The Dream Larva's touch can send people to sleep. Once per day for every 2 HD, the Dream Larva may make a touch attack. If this succeeds, the opponent must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) or fall asleep. They stay asleep for one minute per class level. They are helpless while asleep, but any damage or light slap wakes them up. This is a mind-affecting power. At level 10 or higher, they may use this ability in conjunction with a melee attack.

Alternatively, you may use this as a ranged attack, in this case it is a ranged touch attack that you can use from a distance of 5 ft. per 4 HD, minimum 0 ft.

Jaws: The Dream Larva gains a primary natural bite attack. This deals 1d6 + Str modifier damage. At level 8, the damage increases to 2d6 + Str modifier, at level 14, the damage increases to 3d6 + Str modifier, and finally, at level 20, the damage increases to 4d6 + Str modifier.

Lesser Abomination Traits: You gain a +1 bonus per HD to resist the following effects: Polymorphing, petrification, death effects, and mind-affecting attacks. You gain resistance to fire and cold equal to 1/2 your HD. You also gain telepathy out to 20' per HD. You are immune to death from massive damage.

Unreal Healing: You gain Fast Healing equal to half your HD.

Dreamcrafter: You gain a bonus on Craft(Dreamweaving) checks equal to your class level. If you like, you may steal one dream per day, by touching a sleeping person. This gives you a cumulative +1 bonus on your next Craft(Dreamweaving) check.

Mental Reflection: You gain Spell Resistance equal to 1/2 HD + Cha Modifier. Additionally, the strange noises that you hear whispering in your mind all the time give you immunity to damaging noise in the real world. You are immune to sonic energy.

Bad Dream(su): Starting at 5th level, a Dream Larva carries traces of everyone's greatest fear. Getting too close to one, a person begins to feel something is seriously wrong. Anyone within 30 ft. of the Dream Larva seeing it for the first time that day must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma Modifier) or be shaken.

Claws and Pincers: The Dream Larva's hands evolve into claws. They can still be used to carry things but become a natural weapon dealing 2d6 + 1/2 strength modifier damage. They also grow a second pair of arms, giving them two pincer natural attacks, each dealing 2d6 + 1/2 strength modifier damage. Your pincers may not be used to carry or manipulate things. At level 18 the damage for both of these increases to 3d6 + 1/2 strength modifier. At level 26, the damage increases to 4d6 + 1/2 strength modifier.

Night Fever: You gain the ability to use Nightmare once per day for every 3 HD. At level 19, this becomes at will.

Growth: The Dream Larva grows one size category.

Up Above: The Dream Larva gains the ability to cast Fly once per day for every 3 HD, with caster level equal to your HD.

Improved Grab: At level 8, a Dream Larva gains the Improved Grab ability.

Dark Summoning: You can summon one Shadow once per day for every 5 HD as a standard action. It serves your commands loyally for up to 1 minute per class level.

Darkest Fears(su): Starting at 10th level, a Dream Larva's fear aura begins to evolve and clearly relate to a person's biggest phobia. Anyone seeing the Dream Larva for the first time that day from 30 ft. or less must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma Modifier) or be frightened. This replaces Bad Dream.

Greater Abomination Traits: You gain immunity to polymorphing, petrification, mind-affecting, death effects, ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain. You are also subject to a permanent True Seeing effect and a permanent Nondetection effect, with caster level equal to your HD. You also gain Blindsight out to 10' per HD.

Sending: If the Dream Larva succeeds on a grapple check, on their next action, they may swallow their victim into a world of swirling, nonsensical dream stuff. It appears that the victim is eaten up and absorbed by the thousands of leeches that make up the Larva's body. For Charisma Modifier rounds, they are unable to do anything but watch, and when they return, they take 1d6 points of wisdom damage for every 5 HD. Any excess beyond their wisdom total becomes constitution damage.

Flashing Colors: You gain the ability to use Prismatic Spray once per day for every four HD you have. At level 25, you can use this ability at will.

Drink the Soul: Once per day for every 3 HD, the Dream Larva may drink the life energy of an opponent within 30 ft. as a standard action. The opponent takes 3d4 wisdom damage, and the Dream Larva gains 2 temporary hp for every point of wisdom drained. The opponent may attempt a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) to resist this damage. Any opponent reduced to zero wisdom stands hopeless in a state of eternal sleep, helpless against anything that happens to them. Only healing their wisdom damage will revive them from this state.

Glimpse of Terror(su): Starting at 15th level, the Dream Larva learns the true meaning of fear. Anyone glimpsing it sees something terrifying beyond belief. Anyone seeing the Dream Larva for the first time that day within 30 ft. must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma Modifier) or become panicked. This replaces Darkest Fears.

Phantasmal Protection: You gain regeneration equal to half your HD. This can be overcome by good or lawful weapons.

Arachnoid Embrace: The Dream Larva gains two more arms with pincers, and two more arms with claws. The arms with claws may be used to carry and manipulate items.

Fast as Thought: You gain the ability to move at incredible speeds. You can use Haste once per day for every 5 HD.

Greater Summoning: When using your dark summoning ability, you may, once per day, expend a use to summon a Nightwalker instead of a Shadow.

Worst Nightmare(su): Starting at 20th level, the Dream Larva masters the art of creeping into people's minds and taking advantage of what they most fear. Anyone seeing the Dream Larva from the first time that day while within 30 ft. must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Charisma Modifier) or die. This replaces Glimpse of Terror.

The Dreamwalker (Epic PrC)
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements:

Class Abilities: Worst Nightmare

{table=head]Level|Class Feature
    1|Night Visit, +1 Str
    2|Sleepsense, +1 Cha
    3|Dream Spy, +1 Str
    4|Strength of the Wise, +1 Cha
    5|Dreaming Puppets, +1 Str
    6|True Sleep, +1 Cha
    7|Harrowing Rest, +1 Str
    8|Hushabye, +1 Cha
    9|The Dreamer King, +1 Str
    10|Consciousness Bury, +1 Cha
    11|Eternal Nightmare, Dreamscape, +1 Str
    [/table]

Night Visit: Once every night you may visit someone's dreams. You must know the target's name and one fact about their sleeping habits. You may visit them anywhere on the same plane, and converse with them for up to five minutes in their dreams. You gain more uses of this ability, and for longer, as follows, by level:
    2: 2 people, 10 minute duration
    4: 4 people, 15 minute duration
    5: 8 people, 30 minute duration
    7: 16 people, 1 hour duration
    8: 32 people, 2 hour duration
    9: 64 people, 4 hour duration
    10: 128 people, 8 hour duration
    11: 150 people, 12 hour duration.

Sleepsense: You gain a powerful tool, allowing you to locate anyone and everyone with the audacity to sleep. You immediately sense the location of any sleeping creature within 1 mile/HD.

Dream Spy: While you are visiting someone's dreams, you may force their subconscious to answer one question, though they can make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) to resist. This may even be a question they do not consciously know the answer to. In addition you can try to learn what they like or fear, they get a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) to resist each of these effects. You may perform each of these once per night on each person.

Strength of the Wise: Foes need both mental and physical strength effectively fight a dream larva. When battling an opponent, you may, at your option, force them to use their Charisma in place of their Strength, their Intelligence in place of their Dexterity, and their Wisdom in place of their constitution. This does not require an action, but once the decision is made of whether they will use their mental or physical scores when attacking you, it cannot be changed. You may use your mental ability scores in place of your physical ones if you wish, but you must convert all scores. (So you can't say 'I want to keep Strength as it is but substitute Wisdom for Constitution.')

Dreaming Puppets: While you are visiting someone's dreams, you may take control of their body without their knowledge. They get a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) to resist this effect. If they fail, you control their body for the length of the Night Visit. While under your control, they are sleepwalking, and will appear with their eyes closed(though you can see normally out of their eyes, despite this fact.)

True Sleep: You stare into a foe's eyes and leave them forever in a dream. The foe sinks to the ground with no save, asleep forever, until the effect is dispelled. Spell resistance applies against this effect. You may do this once per day. This is a mind-affecting gaze attack.

Harrowing Rest: When you use your night visit ability, you may make your target wake up fatigued if you wish. There is no save against this effect. Being fatigued two nights in a row does not make them exhausted.

Hushabye: Once per day you may send a huge area into slumber, leaving the world silent as you step over sleeping bodies. Everyone within 2,000 ft. must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier) or fall asleep as if affected by your Soporific Touch.

The Dreamer King: You are king and master of all dreams. You may make a DC 30 Craft(Dreamweaving) check to send any vision to any sleeping creature anywhere, just by knowing its name. One per week, you may make a DC 30 Craft(Dreamweaving) check to execute a Mindrape effect on a creature who you are visiting. The DC to save against this is (10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma Modifier + 1 per every 5 you beat the Dreamweaving check by.) When using Mindrape, you learn everything that the creature knows. You may erase or add memories as you see fit and alter emotions, opinions, and even alignment. When you are done, you may either leave the creature Insane, or seemingly unaffected, without any memory of the intrusion. Break Enchantment may remove the changes you make, though in extreme circumstances, Atonement may also be required.

Consciousness Bury: You may immerse your entire self in someone's dreams, protecting you and slowly making a slave of them. Once per month you may jump into one person's dreams while visiting their dreams. Your material body vanishes into smoke, and you plant yourself permanently in their mind. You may use none of your abilities, but you count as visiting them for the purposes of all related abilities at any time when they are asleep. When they are awake they count as charmed to the commands you whisper in their ear. You only die if the person you are buried in dies. You may jump out of their consciousness as a standard action, dealing 10d6 damage to them and to you. If they become aware of your presence in their mind, they may make an opposed check each night to try and push you out. They roll Concentration, and you roll Craft(Dreamweaving). If you get a higher result, they are unable to push you out. If they do push you out, you take 1d6 damage for every HD they have, and if they have divine ranks, 1d10 for every divine rank they have.

The Eternal Nightmare: When you are using your Night Visit power, you do not need to know anything about your targets, you must simply know they exist. So you could specify anything as vague as, "The 150 strongest members of the population of the village called Tyville". In addition, your targets get no save to resist sleepwalking, though they still get the save if you try to force them to kill themselves or someone they love. Finally, you immediately know someone's greatest desire and greatest fear just by physically looking at them.

Dreamscape: Once per day, you may travel through the world of dreams. You can use the epic spell Dreamscape as a supernatural ability 1/day.

Craft(Dreamweaving)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone can take ranks in this skill, if they have Craft(Any) as a class skill, but only the Dream Larva specifically gains this as a class skill. You may make dreams to send to your allies or your enemies. If the person does not wish to receive the dream, they gain a will save, with DC equal to 10 + 1 for every 2 you exceeded the DC by. They see the dream next time they sleep.
    {table=head]Dream|DC
    Regular vision next time they sleep|10
    Dream confers morale bonus or penalty on attack rolls, AC, and damage rolls|+5 for every point of bonus or penalty
    Send to a specific target from a range|+1 for every 15' away it must be sent
    Effect an area|+1 for every 10' spread from you
    Recurs nightly|+1 per night you want it to repeat
    Jumps to anyone the person tells about the dream|+1 for maximum number of times it can jump from a single person[/table]
    A Dream Larva and only a Dream Larva may take 10 or 20 on a Craft(Dreamweaving) check. It normally takes 1 minute per point of DC to craft a dream.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

I have attempted to create a fun new skill, Craft(Dreamweaving). Its use is limited, but may allow for interesting villains or even inspiring heros, even those who aren't Dream Larvas.
    How's this now? I know I still need an image, but other than that... Sorry it took so long to revise it!

EDIT: Nevermind, I have an image! Many thanks to NecroticPunch.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-11 at 12:50 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    For your viewing pleasure, the Dream Larvae:

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    How's this now? I know I still need an image, but other than that...
    I have no idea what it's supposed to look like but apparently this is one.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I have no idea what it's supposed to look like but apparently this is one.
    I missed this post! Excellent! Thank you so much, Necrotic Punch and K-B!

EDIT: Considering making some items/feats to revolve around Craft(Dreamweaving) and the Dream Larva, I know this is not typically done, but would it be okay? I mean, I understand top priority is fixing the Dream Larva (if it still has things that need to be fixed) so that it can be posted, but just as a sort of 'bonus'...
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-11 at 01:36 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

24. - Top - End - #414

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Mineral Warrior:
    Don't spoiler the picture.
    No good saves? Really? I'd lower the BAB, up the HD to d10, and give it good fort.

Why move silently? Why use rope? Why jump? These are things I would not expect a ROCK to do. I would expect a rock to do things like balance.

...If it lacks a base land speed, that means it flies or swims, and shouldn't be becoming a rock in the first place.

Just make the DR equal to 1/2 HD. Makes thing easier on everyone.
    It should get some natural armor.

...I don't get the stone points mechanic. Does it need to forgo the DR and then take an attack? It's pretty wonky, all in all- the abilities don't really mesh, some of them are worthless, and many are worded rather poorly. I wouldn't try to make such a complex creature for your first class- if you want to give it some abilities, rather than "stone points", passive or dailies work just fine. Or per encounter, or whatever. Look at some stone hammer maneuvers/stances for inspiration.
    Unspoilered.
    The HD is 10! I'll switch the BAB to 3/4th, then, and give it good fort.
    Skills - eh, okay. It was a preliminary list, anyway. Move Silently because of the being in tune with the ground thing. I've no idea why I put Use Rope in.

The fluff of the original beast included that it was forcibly done on some creatures. I can imagine flying things becoming rocks.

It does get natural armor. In the stone points thing. I'll split that out, though.

When it takes damage, it can choose to take full damage and put the damage points towards the stone point pool. Would it help if the pool were temporary, a bit like the Crusader?

Again, it's a preliminary thing, based off of the Rust Monster. It was originally just going to involve Earth Strike. I'll work on it.

And, yeah, I could just give it the passive DR and Earth Strike daily. Got a little bored.

It's not actually my first class…

25. - Top - End - #415

I've changed somethings for the unholy scion, should it get some arcane/divine level stacking?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

If anybody needs a picture for their monster just tell me what the monster is, and what book it is in. I can find a picture of it.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

27. - Top - End - #417

NecroticPunch, instead of evirone asking you for pictures, ill give them this site. it has alot of creatures and there pictures

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    NecroticPunch, instead of evirone asking you for pictures, ill give them this site. it has alot of creatures and there pictures
    Sweet, can you add that to the OP please Gorgon so I don't have to find it again later?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Or, a more official source, here. Got links to art galleries featuring the art from most published 3.5 books.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Or, a more official source, here. Got links to art galleries featuring the art from most published 3.5 books.
    .... it's black and white, it dosent have even have alot of creature. Why in the world would we use that??? When we can use the other site that has more creature and there in color.
    (it just photos so it dosent matter that those picture dont come from wizard)

Spoiler
    Show