New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    .... it's black and white, it dosent have even have alot of creature. Why in the world would we use that??? When we can use the other site that has more creature and there in color.
    (it just photos so it dosent matter that those picture dont come from wizard)
    Browse through the list of books and click on a few. Hardly any of those pictures are in black and white, if any of them are.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Browse through the list of books and click on a few. Hardly any of those pictures are in black and white, if any of them are.
    i see that there not all black in white. I also said that beacuse of the first 2 books(one being the MM1 and another random book) were black &white and they didnt have all the creautures/pictures
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-11 at 06:25 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Renamed Critical Weakness to Double-Edged Sword, which gives a rather hefty benefit should it suffer a critical hit. Also had the claws come in at third level instead of fourth.
    Proud beta-tester for Pirates vs. Ninjas

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In the employer/BBEG's mansion.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Any particular reason nobody is commenting on Illurien? Link

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Awakened Cat: The picture's fine. There's just one thing, though: why do you keep doing awesome classes? Seriously, the Astral Construct was great, and this is just as epic.
    Anyways, a few nitpicks:\
    if pixie gets a strength penalty, this definitely does. At least -2. Feel free to up the bonuses in that case, though.
    HD should be lower, skills should be higher.
    Also, see the previous post.
    Oooh, and scrap the dodge bonus. No-no. Just go with a high dex and be done with it.

Ettin: How does Ettin Body work with Brain Spread? Say, a mind-affecting effect causes the ettin to be dazed- is only one arm dazed? Spell it out. Think of all possible eventualities.

Nimblewright: State that, under Augmented Critical, the additional 1 applies after the doubling, and that they stack.

Nashrou: ...Interesting.
    Go ahead and give it the claws at 2nd level, and let it start with 40 ft. move speed.
    Standard saves.
    You should generally have a class skill list at least twice the skill points. Either reduce the skill points, or add more class skills.
    Also, it doesn't have 3rd and 4th levels- it's HD, not levels for those.

Illurien: Moar skillz! Feel free to give 8+int per level, all class skills as skills! This is a genius knowledge-gathering creature we're talking about here, after all.
    Give casting multiclassing, like the ogre mage.
    State that, on tempest lash, the die size increases on the intelligence damage- it's poorly worded.
    Also, Illurien should get iterative attacks with it.
    Also- no save. Reduce the damage a lot, and no save. That's far too much rolling for my tastes.
    Could get some higher abilities- go ahead and toss in a physical ability bonus, or charisma.
    2nd level is awful. Instead, follow the standard for extraplanars- roll up all the planar resistances into one for 2nd level, as well as the aligned strike. Look at other extraplanars for formatting.
    Reword the 16th level infinite knowledge.
    5 ft. per HD is a bit lame. At level 5, that's 25. Go ahead and start it at a higher amount, and let it increase in intervals.
    Cloud of Foresight should progress. Check out the displacer beast.
    Storm of Visions is potentially VERY annoying for party members.
    OGL material only! I said to use knowledge devotion for inspiration, not to use the feat itself.
    Whatever happened to analyze dweomer?
    Feel free to give even more divinatory SLAs, as well.
    Home Plane is a bit wonky. What's on this home plane? Beyond that, Rejuvenation makes it impossible to ever permanently do away with her. At least do a level penalty or something like that.
    Pointed Knowledge? Figure it out, somehow. Also, if you ever need more inspiration, this thing is essentially a factotum, which is an excellent class.

Hyudra: Oh, that's fine- I just figured that was essentially your only project at the moment. Anyways, good on the horrid monster.

...Did I miss anyone?
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for the critique Gorgon. I'll implement some things tomorrow. Right now my head really hurts for some reason.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Thank you for the critique Gorgon. I'll implement some things tomorrow. Right now my head really hurts for some reason.
    Gee, mine too. You wanna know what the problem with running this thread is? I don't have time for my own monsters. If I weren't, I would have evolved undead, pseudonatural, and ultroloth done by now.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

You don't have a headache cure by chance do you?

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't have a headache cure by chance do you?
    Well, I do, but it generally involves a worse headache several hours later.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Well, I do, but it generally involves a worse headache several hours later.
    Yeah, not an option for me. Not a legal one anyway.

11. - Top - End - #431

*Gives sympathy hug to Gorgon*

I look greatly forward to the revised Illurien, and I LOVE where you're going so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post

I look greatly forward to the revised Illurien, and I LOVE where you're going so far!
    glad you're happy. I'll get to it tomorrow when i don't feel like something is trying to drill into my skull.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post

Good, good! I forgot to add- does Lord Gareth have any suggestions? You seem invested in the class, so if you want anything specific done with it, do speak up.

14. - Top - End - #434

Well, the fluff states that she actually DOES something (beyond gaining temp HP) with those memories she drains. Maybe a temp bonus on knowledge checks? Store 'em as points used to buff her physicals temporarily? Charge SoV to gain an AC bonus?

The Atheneum Nefarious is also a trap-laden library lair. Maybe it gives a bonus to research rolls for spells/knowledges? Helps her craft magical items? Nice place for the party to lair up once in a while?

It should be noted that she can only plane shift to the Atheneum, though it contains numerous portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

How's the Arrow Demon looking now?
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Woo, I can start my next one. Maybe something with slightly less levels to fill this time.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

17. - Top - End - #437

Gorgon, how is the revised Dream Larva?

You can find it here! Hope that even if I have to make changes, it's at least a little bit better than the original.

Also hope that your head feels better, I know critiquing the Dream Larva again is not going to help.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-12 at 07:51 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

This doesn't really add much to the thread, and I probably shouldn't even bring it up, but I'm a bit on the OCD side, so I'm going to anyway. The (I think) 11th entry on the alphabetical listing currently says "antromorphic animal." I think it's supposed to be "anthropomorphic." Sorry if I'm just being an ass, but it was bugging me....

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Unholy scion(template)
    Spoiler
    Show

HD= D8
    Special: This cannot be tooken as a first lv class and the creature must be evil.The creature cannot be undead, construct, element or an ooze.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Unholy Scion Body,SLA,

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Unholy Strike,

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3*
    |Unholy Creature [/table]
    Skills=continuation of the base class.

Unholy Scion Body The Unholy scion can choose to beacome an outside and gains the outsider traits they also gains 2 claw that deal 1d6 for a medium creature. If they al already have claw attacks from another source, they gain increased damage as if a size larger.
    They also gains a deflection bonus of 1

SLA: Unholy Scoins get spell like abilites the save for these sla is 10+1/2hd + cha modifer
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]HD|Unholy magic required|ability|Per day
    1|lesser| Charm animal** or charm person|1/HD
    3|lesser|Desecrate|1/HD
    5|lesser|Enervation, protection from good|1/2HD
    7|lesser|Major image, poison|1/3HD
    9|intermediate|Dominate animal** or dominate person, baleful polymorph| 1/3Hd
    11|intermediate|Animate dead, true seeing|1/4hd
    13|intermediate| unhallow|1/5HD
    13|Greater|Unholy aura |1/5Hd
    15|Greater|Harm|1/6HD
    17|Greater|Gate |1/7HD
    19|Greater|Polymorph any object |1/10 HD [/table]
    ** this is only allowed if the base creature is an animal or magical beast.
    For Gate the unholy scion is only allowed to use the Planar Travel.

Unholy strike:The unholy scoin is able to infuse dark energy into his weapon.This ability damages some unholy damage according to HD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]HD|Damage
    1-3|1
    4-6|1d4
    7-9|1d8
    10-13|1d12
    14-16|2d8
    17-20|2d12[/table]

Unholy creature A Unholy scoin gains SR equal to 10+HD.
    DR good or magic,at 10th HD it turns into good and magic, it is equal to 1/2HD.
    Fast healing equal to half it's HD.
    Resitances to poison and mind affecting spells equal to HD and resitances to fire,cold,electricity and acid equal to 1/2HD.
    I've changed somethings for the unholy scion, should it get some arcane/divine level stacking?
    that the almost finshed creature. Just anwser to question.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-12 at 05:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Might want to think about correcting the main title, too. 'Unholly' scion is kind of jarring.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Might want to think about correcting the main title, too. 'Unholly' scion is kind of jarring.
    *It.. it was the computer,yes, the computer, It possessed by .. by a.. by a demon, ya, a demon. So...um.. that why it was spelled wrong.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-12 at 05:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Awakened Cat: The picture's fine. There's just one thing, though: why do you keep doing awesome classes? Seriously, the Astral Construct was great, and this is just as epic.
    Anyways, a few nitpicks:\
    if pixie gets a strength penalty, this definitely does. At least -2. Feel free to up the bonuses in that case, though.
    HD should be lower, skills should be higher.
    Also, see the previous post.
    Oooh, and scrap the dodge bonus. No-no. Just go with a high dex and be done with it.
    Terribly flattered.

Anyways, corrections have been made.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Half Fey

Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pre-requisites:
    Type - Any except Construct, Fey or Undead
    Skills - Knowledge (Nature) 4 Ranks
    Language - Sylvan
    Special - Either: have one Fey parent and one non Construct, Fey or Undead parent

or

Must have sought another Fey and prove yourself to it under a full moon by succeeding at some whim it decides on; this may be as simple as dancing in time with a group of Pixies, as challenging as matching a Wild Hunt as it tracks it's quarry, or as innane as spending the night telling a Satyr how handsome he is etc. After this success the Fey will take a Cold Iron weapon from you, cut itself slightly and allow you to take a vial of it's blood. Drinking this as dawn breaks completes the ritual and the transformation will be finished after 1 hour.

(Regardless of whichever Special option you pick, you must still have all the other criteria as well)

Hit Dice: d6
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Fey-Blooded, Faerie Magic, +1 Cha[/table]
    Class Skills: 4+Int Mod; Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Knowledge (History, Nature, Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Slight of Hand, Spot, Survival

Class Features:

Fey-Blooded: Unlike other monster classes the Half Fey doesn't lose it's racial traits, but it does gain Fey Traits and a bonus on Saves vs. Enchantment spells equal to 1/2 it's HD, becoming full Immunity at 15HD.
    - At 4HD the Half Fey gains DR overcome by Cold Iron Weapons equal to 1/2 it's HD.
    - At 6HD the Half Fey grows a pair of wings, usually designed after butterfly wings, but certain Half Fey have different types. They gain a fly speed equal to their land speed with Average manoeuvrability. This increases to double land speed with Good manoeuvrability at 10HD.

Faerie Magic: Half Fey may use several spell-like abilities that are obtained at the HD shown on the table below. SLAs are obtained retroactively. The Save DC for all Faerie Magic is 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod
    {table]HD|Spell-Like Abilities
    1|Charm Person 1/day
    2|Sleep 1/day
    3|
    4|Hideous Laughter 1/day
    5|
    6|Glitterdust 1/day
    7|
    8|Suggestion 1/day
    9|
    10|Crushing Despair 1/day
    11|
    12|Dream 1/day
    13|
    14|Eyebite 1/day
    15|
    16|Mass Invisibility 1/day
    17|
    18|Irresistible Dance 1/day
    19|
    20|Dominate Monster 1/day[/table]

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Couldn't think of anything to do and this was on the waiting list. Thoughts? Maybe some way to stagger the SLAs, coz that seems like a lot for one level.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-10-19 at 07:28 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

24. - Top - End - #444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Half Fey
    It gets a whole lot of stuff for a single level of investment. The spell-likes in particular are a little powerful/versatile/plentiful for what you put into the class.

Something I'd want clarified: When you say this 'or' that, do you mean you pick once and that's it, or you can pick on a whim when the time comes, and then pick something else another day?
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2010-10-12 at 11:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I thought I'd have more time today than I did. I'll try and get Illurien done by Sunday. I'd do it tomorrow but I have school, Guitar to play (Taking lessons), a D&D game to plan out, and cousins coming. As opposed to the rest of the week when I just have school, a D&D game to plan out, and guitar to play

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Half Fey

Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pre-requisites:
    Type - Any except Construct, Fey or Undead
    Skills - Knowledge (Nature) 4 Ranks
    Language - Sylvan
    Special - Either: have one Fey parent and one non Construct, Fey or Undead parent

or

Must have sought another Fey and prove yourself to it under a full moon by succeeding at some whim it decides on; this may be as simple as dancing in time with a group of Pixies, as challenging as matching a Wild Hunt as it tracks it's quarry, or as innane as spending the night telling a Satyr how handsome he is etc. After this success the Fey will take a Cold Iron weapon from you, cut itself slightly and allow you to take a vial of it's blood. Drinking this as dawn breaks completes the ritual and the transformation will be finished after 1 hour.

Hit Dice: d6
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Fey-Blooded, Faerie Magic, +1 Dex, +1 Cha[/table]
    Class Skills: 6+Int Mod; Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Knowledge (History, Nature, Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Slight of Hand, Spot, Survival

Class Features:

Fey-Blooded: Unlike other monster classes the Half Fey doesn't lose it's racial traits, but it does gain Fey Traits and a bonus on Saves vs. Enchantment spells equal to 1/2 it's HD, becoming full Immunity at 15HD.
    - At 4HD the Half Fey gains DR overcome by Cold Iron Weapons equal to 1/2 it's HD.
    - At 6HD the Half Fey grows a pair of wings, usually designed after butterfly wings, but certain Half Fey have different types. They gain a fly speed equal to their land speed with Average manoeuvrability. This increases to double land speed with Good manoeuvrability at 10HD.

Faerie Magic: Half Fey may use several spell-like abilities that are obtained at the HD shown on the table below. SLAs are obtained retroactively. Where a choice is given this must be made at the level it is obtained and cannot be changed. The Save DC for all Faerie Magic is 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod
    {table]HD|Spell-Like Abilities
    1-2|Charm Person 1/day/HD, Hypnotism 1/day, Faerie Fire or Glitterdust 1/day
    3-4|Detect Law 3/day, Sleep or Enthrall 1/day
    5-6|Protection From Law 3/day, Hideous Laughter or Suggestion 1/day
    7-8|Confusion or Emotion 1/day
    9-10|Eyebite or Lesser Geas 1/day
    11-12|Dominate Person or Hold Person 1/day
    13-14|Mass Invisibility 1/day
    15-16|Geas or Mass Suggestion 1/day
    17-18|Insanity or Mass Charm 1/day
    19+| Irresistible Dance 1/day[/table]

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Couldn't think of anything to do and this was on the waiting list. Thoughts? Maybe some way to stagger the SLAs, coz that seems like a lot for one level.
    SLAs: Why not stagger them out with specific levels... I mean 1-2 is great and all but all that really means is at level 1. Level 2 doesn't gain anything, so you could place one on Level 1, and two on level 2.

Also, wouldn't SLAs based on HD per day be more fitting with the running theme? It seems the Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend do so...

Personal note, I always felt that the half-fey should be on par with the Half-fiend/celestial... I realize this project is attempting to capture CR and not 'what chumplump thinks should be,' but even so, they are good balance points for reference.

Like I said, this is my first attempt at anything other than a dragon and I wasn't very good at those either. Couldn't find a picture.

EDIT: Bolding the abilities. give me one second.
    Illurien
    Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+0 | +2 | Planar body, Tempest lash, Pointed Knowledge +1 Int
    2|+1 |+ 0|+0 | +3 | Aligned Strike
    3|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | fast healing, planar resistance,
    4|+ 3|+ 1|+1 | +4 | Improved tempest lash, infinite knowledge +1 Int
    5|+ 3|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | fly speed, arcane sight
    6|+ 4|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Growth, improved Planar resistance
    7|+ 5|+ 2|+2 | + 5| Knowledge devotion, improved infinite knowledge +1 int
    8|+ 6|+ 2|+2 | +6 | Storm of visions, cloud of foresight
    9|+ 6|+ 3|+ 3| +6 | Greater planar resistance, Knowledge devotion, +1 int
    10|+7 |+ 3|+3 | +7 | greater infinite knowledge, +1 Int
    11|+ 8| + 3|+ 3| +7 | Blindsight
    12|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | Perfect Planar resistance
    13|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | plane shift, Perfect Infinite Knowledge, +1 int
    14|+ 10|+ 4|+4 | +9 | Home Plane
    15|+ 11|+5 |+ 5| +9 | Rejuvenation
    [/table]
    Skills: 4+ int mod per level. Class skills: Bluff, Appraise, Decipher script, Gather information, intimidate, Knowledge (any) listen, search, sense motive, spellcraft, spot, Use magic device.

Proficiencies: Illurien isn't proficient with any weapons except her tempest lash and isn't proficient with any armor.

Features:

Outsider body: Illurien loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits, (Basically darkvision 60 feet), Base move speed of 40, she gains the tempest lash SU ability and pointed knowledge.

Tempest lash:
    Illurien can use tempest lash as a standard action. The damage is equal to 1d8+strength modifier. At level 4 Tempest lash improves. It now deals 1d4 intelligence damage with each hit and the die size increases by one size every 4 HD afterwards. The save DC for the intelligence damage is 10+half hit dice+ Charisma modifier.

Pointed knowledge:
    Illurien is incapable of speech. However, she knows all languages and is capable of telepathy out to 10 feet per HD.

+1 intelligence. Illurien gains a +1 bonus to her intelligence score at levels 1, 4, 7, 9, 10 and 13 for a total of +6 to her intelligence score at 13th level.

Aligned strike:
    At 2nd level, any weapon Illurien wields is treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Planar resistance:
    At 3rd level Illurien gains immunity to disease and poison including magical diseases and poisons.

Fast healing:
    At 3rd level Illurien gains fast healing equal to a third of her total hit dice.

Infinite Knowledge:
    Illurien can now use all that knowledge she stole and all the brains she ate to good use. At 4th level, A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier (minimum of 1), she may expend a move action to make a knowledge check against whatever she may be facing: local for monstrous humanoids, arcane for magical beasts and dragons, Architecture/Engineering for constructs, dungeoneering for aberrations & oozes, the planes for outsiders & elementals, nature for animals & fey, nobility & royalty for humanoids, and geography for giants. The DC of this knowledge check is 15. If she succeeds, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to attacks against the creature (or creatures, if there are multiple creatures of the same race). This bonus increases by an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 7th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to saves against the creature's abilities, plus an additional one for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 10th level, Illurien may instead grant +1d6 damage to attacks against the creature, plus an additional 1d6 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 13th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to AC against the creature's attacks, plus an additional one for every 10 points she succeeds by.
    Starting at 16th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to save DCs against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.

Flight:
    at 5th level Illurien gains a fly speed of 5 feet per HD and good maneuverability.

Arcane sight: At 5th level, Illurien gains the spell arcane sight as an SLA 1/day per HD to better find the knowledge she craves.

Improved Planar Resistance: At 6th level Illurien gains acid resistance equal to her hit dice and damage reduction good equal to half her hit dice

Growth: at 6th level Illurien grows to large size.

Cloud of Foresight SU:
    At 8th level, drawing on her boundless lore,Illurien uses her opponent's tendencies and desires against them. This causes her opponents to have a 20% miss chance against her.

Storm of visions SU: (At 8th level) The watery droplets that surround Illurien are the collected fragments of the knowledge she has accumulated. At the end of Each of Illurien's turns each creature within 30 feet of her must succeed on a will save equal to 10+Half HD+ Charisma modifier or be dazed for one round. A successful save negates the effect but each creature in the area must make a new saving throw at the end of each of Illurien's turns. This is a mind affecting ability.

greater planar resistance:
    At 9th level, Illurien gains immunity to paralysis and stunning as well as Spell resistance equal to HD+11

Knowledge devotion: At 9th level Illurien gains Knowledge devotion as a bonus feat regardless of whether or not she meets the prerequisites.

Perfect planar resistance: at 12th level, Illurien gains immunity to sleep, electricity and Polymorph effects.

Plane shift:
    At 13th level, Illurien can now cast plane shift as the spell 1/day per 4 HD.

Home Plane: At 14th level, Illurien gains her own home plane, known as the Aethenaum Nefarious. Her own “Ivory tower” filled to the brim with forgotten knowledge and dark secrets. This library is located in the outlands.

Rejuvenation: at 15th level When Illurien would “die” she instead regenerates within the Aethenaum Nefarious in 2 days.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The intelligence boosts are meant to be at whatever level she gets a new knowledge based ability.

I would have liked to give her better abilities at the higher levels but I couldn't think of much.
    Rejuvenation comes in at 15th level because I saw the sandshaper gets a similar ability as a capstone and you can't enter that prestige class without shenanigans until 5th level.

I put the telepathy at first level because not being able to speak is a very large disadvantage.
    I don't think Tempest Lash and Pointed knowledge need to be referenced in Outsider Body.

Is Tempest lash a Supernatural ability or natural attack? If it is a Supernatural ability it doesn't need proficiency, but it does need a range, or a targeting system of some sort... If it's a melee attack, you might specify.

Why is at 8th level in parenthesis for Storm of visions SU? Shouldn't the Su be in them instead?

Might specify caster level equals HD on SLAs. And with Planeshift you might specify if it can take creatures with it. A lot of Planeshift as SLAs (English plurals are so confusing) do.

I'm not familiar with the Monster, but is there a way to actually destroy it? A phylactery if you will? If not, free rejuvenation at level 15 is actually kind of imbalanced IMO. A Lich of SRD standards must be ECL 15, and has to safe guard a glowy bright 'Smashmenow!' box. She just has to wait two days...

Edit: I'll tackle the Grave-touched Ghoul. I need to stop looking through spells and double back checking the Living Spell for a bit. I also have a request for The Shadow and The Gargoyle.

Anyway, that's just my 2 copper painted wood pieces.
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-10-13 at 01:14 AM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

I want to try my hand at homebrewing monster classes, and I want to try and do the Concordant Killer (MM IV), it is a CR 19 Outsider, so I am going to ask, do you think it is a big project fot a newbie to this?

I haven't read the entire thread, so if someone is already doing this, please tell me and I will find another critter to homebrew.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I want to try my hand at homebrewing monster classes, and I want to try and do the Concordant Killer (MM IV), it is a CR 19 Outsider, so I am going to ask, do you think it is a big project fot a newbie to this?

I haven't read the entire thread, so if someone is already doing this, please tell me and I will find another critter to homebrew.
    I don't think anybody is doing this. Go ahead with it. I'm a newbie and my monsters are CR 20, CR 20 and CR 15 respectively.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post

It's not the size, it's what you do with it. If it's something you want to make then don't let the amount of levels stop you. I actually looked at that yesterday so am looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Re: 1/2 Fey. I'll spread the lower level SLAs out a bit so you get some at even HDs.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Right ow I am bit busy, so I will probably post it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC