New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

for the mimic , how exacly would it be able to walk, how would it be able to be played? it's a good creature/class but i dont see it really fitting in a campain of some sort
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    for the mimic , how exacly would it be able to walk, how would it be able to be played? it's a good creature/class but i dont see it really fitting in a campain of some sort
    How about it gets one normal form that it can't change from (A human, a half Orc of some sort, ETC.) and then it can change into whatever object it wants that isn't outside it's abilities?

Maybe it turns into the dreaded Gazebo!
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-01 at 10:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

why does the stxy dragon have
    Burrow At 5th level the Styx dragon gains a burrow speed equal to its base land speed
    if it is living in the water. how would it know how to burrow?
    other than that it's quite nice, especally about the diease part.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Mimic: Actually.... looks good. Give it more class skills and take Kyuubi's suggestion and it should be good to go.

Spellcasting Styx: Actually, it's level 16 that's a new spell level.
    Exactly what did you cut from the original styx dragon to make this one like this?
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Mimic: Actually.... looks good. Give it more class skills and take Kyuubi's suggestion and it should be good to go.

Spellcasting Styx: Actually, it's level 16 that's a new spell level.
    Exactly what did you cut from the original styx dragon to make this one like this?
    ah missed that.

I didn't cut anything from mine. I meant I figured it was different enough from the noncasting version. Sorry that I didn't make that clear. If it's not I can make changes.

Should I just put a bonus feat at 18th then?

@Monkman. No clue, that's just what the entry says. I can take it out since the movements it has seem enough to me.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-01 at 11:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    ah missed that.

I didn't cut anything from mine. I meant I figured it was different enough from the noncasting version. Sorry that I didn't make that clear. If it's not I can make changes.

Should I just put a bonus feat at 18th then?

@Monkman. No clue, that's just what the entry says. I can take it out since the movements it has seem enough to me.
    Hmmm. No, don't cut the burrow... I'll look it over tomorrow when I'm not sporting a massive headache.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Styx dragons have burrow because they dig in the muddy banks of the River Styx to make their lairs.

I think that was the explanation in the Draconomicon or Dragon #300 at least.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. No, don't cut the burrow... I'll look it over tomorrow when I'm not sporting a massive headache.
    Good idea. Hope you feel better!

9. - Top - End - #69

Alright. Made the requested modifications to the Mimic. Anything else you feel that needs to be done?
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm still waiting on Illurien :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

11. - Top - End - #71
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    did the one who's name must not be written do that?(starts with a O)
    Troll Patrol: Let's try to keep away from talking about banned posters for any reason, okay? This thread was given the go-ahead to continue making monster classes, not to bash other posters, even if they can no longer post here.

Also, while we're at it, please spoiler any images that are larger than 400px wide.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #72

If people are going to be requesting epic monsters, I think I will put in one for the Atropal/Atropal Scion.

Also, I would absolutely love a Genius Loci, although that may require a bit of creativity to put together.
    Last edited by sciencepanda; 2010-10-02 at 02:05 AM.
    Campaign:

Characters:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    If people are going to be requesting epic monsters, I think I will put in one for the Atropal/Atropal Scion.

Also, I would absolutely love a Genius Loci, although that may require a bit of creativity to put together.
    Atropal's good and all... but would anyone really want to play a genius loci? Or do you just want it statted up because it's interesting and weird?

14. - Top - End - #74

I have a particular fondness for playing non-anthropomorphic characters, but maybe that is just me.

I would certainly like to play as one, in any case.
    Campaign:

Characters:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    I have a particular fondness for playing non-anthropomorphic characters, but maybe that is just me.

I would certainly like to play as one, in any case.
    How would that fit in a campaign? How would that fit in a party? You'd essentially have to design the campaign around the character, rather than the other way around.

16. - Top - End - #76

Think of it this way. Some sort of malevolent force begins to invade. The people are desperate for help. They set out on what they feel may be a hopeless mission to try and stop the overlord's conquest. But the spirit of the land itself is so distraught by the abominations brought on by the evil that it steps in to aid them.

Or for an urban campaign. A series of urban druids and trackers become bounty hunters, aided by their innate knowledge of the manifested soul of the city.

It's all a matter of interpretation.
    Campaign:

Characters:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Can I put this here while I work on it? It's lame doing all the formatting manually on word.

WATER ELEMENTAL

CLASS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d8

WATER ELEMENTAL
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Body of Water, Drench, Whirlpool, Water Mastery

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Underwater Strike, +1 Con

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Torrent, +1 Dex

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Flowing Form, +1 Con

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Swim-by Attack, Wave Stride, +1 Dex

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Rip Current

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |Crashing Wave, +1 Con

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |Freedom of Movement, +1 Dex

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |Drown, +1 Con

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |Flash Flood, +1 Dex

11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |Area Attack, Elder Elemental[/table]

Class Skills: (2 + Int. Mod.) x 4 at first level. A water’s Elemental’s class skills are Escape Artist, Survival, and Swim.

Class Features
    Proficiencies: An Elemental is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Body of Water: At first level, the Elemental loses all racial bonuses, traits, and abilities and gains elemental traits.
    Spoiler
    Show

• Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning.
    • Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
    • Unlike most other living creatures, an elemental does not have a dual nature—its soul and body form one unit. When an elemental is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an elemental. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish,wish, miracle, or true resurrection, to restore it to life.
    • Elementals do not eat, sleep, or breathe. Though elementals do not sleep, they still must entire periodic states of dormancy in order replenish daily abilities such as spells.

The Elemental begins as a small elemental with a land speed of 30ft. Water Elementals can wear equipment, use weapons, and manipulate objects normally. Additionally, Water elementals can swim at a speed of 60ft; as such, a water elemental has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

The Elemental possesses a single slam attack which deals damage according to its size. 1d4 when small, 1d6 when medium, 1d8 when large, 2d6 when huge. The Water Elemental adds its strength modifier to this attack.

Water Elementals have the [water] subtype

Finally, a Water Elemental gains a bonus to its armor class in the form of a natural armor bonus equal to its constitution score.

Drench (Ex): The water elemental’s touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin provided that these flames are no more than one size larger than the water elemental itself. Additionally, The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD). Lastly, the water elemental’s slam attack deals damage to creatures with the fire subtype as though its attack dealt cold damage.

Whirlpool (Su): The elemental can transform itself into a whirlpool once every 10 minutes and remain in that form for up to 2 round for every HD it possesses, provided it is underwater. In whirlpool form, the elemental can move through the water or along the bottom at its swim speed. The vortex is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and 10 feet tall or mor, depending on the elemental’s size. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet. The elemental’s movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space. Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage when caught in the vortex (see table for details) and may be swept up by it. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save when it comes into contact with the vortex or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents. Creatures caught in the whirlpool immediately begin drowning and automatically taking damage each round. An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex. The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the whirlpool’s effects is 10 + 1/2 the Elemental's HD + The Elemental's Strength Modifier + 1 for every size category the elemental is larger than the creature making the save. Creatures trapped in the vortex cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + the Spell's level + 1/2 the Water Elemental's HD) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex’s volume. The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be. If the vortex’s base touches the bottom, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. An elemental in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

Whirlpool Statistics
    {table=head]HD|Damage|Height

1-3|
    1d4
    |
    10ft.-20ft.

4-6|
    1d6
    |
    10ft.-30ft.

7-9|
    1d8
    |
    10ft.-40ft.

10-12|
    2d6
    |
    10ft.-50ft.

13-15|
    2d8
    |
    10ft.-60ft.

16-20|
    2d10
    |
    10ft.-60ft.
    [/table]

In addition to the effects the Elemental's Whirlpool ability has on creatures. The maelstrom created also has a significant chance of capsizing ships that enter its area. Use the following table determine the likely hood of capsizing.

{table=head]Elemental's/Ship's Size|Small|Medium|Large|Huge|Gargantuan|Colossal

Small|
    5%
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -

Medium|
    10%
    |
    5%
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -

Large|
    20%
    |
    10%
    |
    5%
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -

Huge|
    40%
    |
    20%
    |
    10%
    |
    5%
    |
    -
    |
    -

Gargantuan|
    80%
    |
    40%
    |
    20%
    |
    10%
    |
    5%
    |
    -

Colossal|
    100%
    |
    80%
    |
    40%
    |
    20%
    |
    10%
    |
    5%
    [/table]

Water Mastery (Ex): A water elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. This bonus increases by another +1 for every 4 HD the elemental gains after the first.

Underwater Strike: For good reason, a water elemental is not fettered by water when making attacks. At 2nd level, the water elemental ignores all penalties and adjustments regarding underwater combat. (see Combat Adjustments Underwater on page 92 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide).

Ability Increase: An Water Elemental receives a permanent increase to his Constitution score at 2nd, 4th, 7th, and 9th level. Additionally, the Elemental receives an increase to his Dexterity score at 3rd, 5th, 8th, and 10th level. These increases total to be +4 to both Constitution and Dexterity at 11th level, assuming that all levels in the elemental class were taken.

Growth: An elemental grows quickly after its birth. At 3rd level, the elemental gains the ability to spend a standard action to grow to medium size. It may remain this size for as long as it wishes and may also return to small size at anytime it wishes by spending another standard action. At 7th level, this ability expands allowing to elemental to assume large size. The elemental still changes size as a standard action but the elemental may only change by one size category on any given turn. So, for example, an elemental wishing to change from small to large would need two turns. One to achieve medium size and then another to grow to large. Finally, at 11th level, the elemental gains the ability to assume huge size.

Torrent (Ex): As a simple offensive ability, a Water Elemental can shoot powerful jets of water at opponents. As a standard action which does provoke an attack of opportunity, a Water Elemental can make a ranged attack; this attack has a range of 60ft. with no range increment. This attack deals 1d8 bludgeoning damage for every 4 HD the Water Elemental possesses. Additionally, creatures struck by this attack may be knock to the ground by the substantial of force the blast carries. Creatures hit must make a strength check (DC = 10 + Damage Dealt) or be knocked prone.

Flowing Form (Ex): At 4th level, the elemental gains DR/- equal to one half its HD. Additionally, The Water Elemental's body is fluid and has no specific shape, as such the elemental gains a bonus on escape artist checks equal to its HD. This bonus doubles for checks made to squeeze through a tight area.

Swim-by Attack (Ex): When swimming, the Water Elementa' can take a move action and another standard action (such as an attack) at any point during the move. It cannot take a second move action during a round when you make a swim-by attack. This ability may substitute Spring Attack for the purpose of meeting prerequisites (such as those required for various Feats and Prestige Classes.)

Wave Stride (Su): All water on the material plane is connected by the elemental plane of water. Water elementals can swim through these connections as easily as a person walks through a door. As a standard action, a water elemental in contact with a body of water at least as large as he is can teleport to any other body of water of the same general size or larger or to any other square connected to the same body of water. The maximum distance a water elemental can travel through a use of this ability is 20ft for every HD the elemental possesses, to a maximum of 400ft at 20th level.

Rip Current (Su): The roiling body of the water elemental can rip objects out of an opponents grip. Creatures attacking a water elemental with a melee attack must make a strength check (DC = 10 + 1/2 the Water Elemental's HD + the Water Elemental's Constitution Modifier.) or have their weapons caught in the elementals form, meaning that they can no longer make attacks with the caught weapon or appendage, nor can they use it for any other actions. The Water Elemental gains a +4 circumstantial bonus to combat maneuvers made against creatures whose weapons or appendeges are trapped in this way. The creature may relinquish a caught weapon as a move-action, though doing so provokes an attack of opportunity. Creatures who fail this save by more than 10 instead have the weapon ripped from their grip and are disarmed. Trapped weapons remain in the elementals body for 3 rounds before being deposited in a random square adjacent to the elemental.

Crashing Wave (Su): The crushing power of surging water is one of the most powerful forces on earth. At 7th level, the Water Elemental can wield the unstoppable power of the tsunami. As full-round action the elemental may move up to twice its base land speed. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity normally, from creatures not caught in the elemental by this ability. While moving in this way, whenever the elemental moves through a space occupying a creature, the creature must make a strength check (DC = 10 + ½ Elemental’s HD + Elemental’s strength modifier) or be swept away with the elemental. Creatures swept up in this way take 1d6 damage for every 5 HD the elemental possesses plus and additional 3d6 for each other creature or small size or greater the elemental carries. The elemental may also add its strength modifier to the damage dealt by this ability. The elemental may carry up to one creature of its size and then each size smaller doubles the amount of creatures possible. For example: a large elemental could sweep away up to 1 large creature, 2 medium creatures, or 4 small creatures or 2 small creatures and 1 medium, etc..

Creatures carried in this fashion are carried to the end of the elemental’s movement and then deposited in a square adjacent to the square the elemental occupies and the end of his movement. The elemental may also choose to deposit carried creature in any square along the way, doing so is a free action.

Freedom of Movement (Su): The motion of the elemental is fluid and difficult to contain. At 8th level, the elemental is always treated as if under effect of a Freedom of Movement spell. The elemental can pass through holes or narrow openings as small as 2 inches in diameter.

Drown (Ex): A Water Elemental possesses a great advantage when facing creatures who depend on air to breath. Whenever a Water Elemental makes a successful grapple check against a creature who breaths but does not have the ability to breath underwater the elemental can force some of its own liquid body into the creatures lungs. The creature must immediately begin making constitution checks to prevent drowning. The creature continues to drown this way for as long as it remains grappled. In addition to this, the Water Elemental gains the benefits of the Improved Grapple feat.

Flash Flood (Su): Water Elementals are the living essence of water. At 10th level, Water Elementals master the ability to summon torrents of water from the Elemental Plane of Water. Activating this ability is a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity. All creatures within 5ft. of the elemental must make a reflex save or take 1d6 bludgeoning damage for every 2 HD the elemental possesses. Creatures that succeed on this save take half damage. Additionally, creatures in this area must also make a balance check (DC = 10 + damage dealt) or be knocked prone by the force of the water being expelled.

As the water flows from the Elemental Plane of Water through the elemental the surrounding area begins to flood. Each round this ability is active the radius filled by water extends outwards by another 5ft. creatures knocked prone in the last round must make a successful reflex save or be pushed back 5ft. with the current. Creatures occupying a square through which the water enters when it expands, that creature must make an identical balance check. If the creature fails he begins to be pushed back as well.

The area filled with water in this way becomes difficult terrain.

An elemental can use this ability once a day for every 10 HD it possesses. When activated the elemental can continue to produce water for a number of rounds equal to the elemental's HD. This ability produces one gallon of water from the Elemental Plane for every HD the elemental possesses, each round the ability is active.

Area Attack (Ex): Starting at 11th level, the Water Elemental can use its great size and strength to attack an area as a standard action. The area affected is a half-circle with a radius equal to the elemental's reach. The elemental deals damage to all creatures two or more size categories smaller than it within the area. The base damage dealt depends on the elemental's size category, as given on the table below. Add 1 1/2 times the elemental's Strength bonus to this base damage to determine the total damage for the attack.
    Area Attack Statistics
    {table=head]Size Category|Damage

Huge|
    1d8

Gargantuan|
    2d6

Colossal|
    2d8
    [/table]

Though it can deal significant damage, this form of attack is awkward and unbalancing. The Water Elemental incurs a –2 penalty to its Armor Class and on Reflex saves until its next action.

Elder Elemental (Su): At 11th level, The Water Elemental has grown to its full strength and is considered to be amongst the grandest of its kind. The Elemental receives a +4 bonus to all bluff, diplomacy, and intimidation check regarding creatures with the water subtype. Additionally, the Elemental can call the water to its aid. The Water Elemental can use summon monster V once a day for every 4 HD it possesses but may only us it to summon water elementals. At 13th level, and every two levels thereafter, the water elemental may use this ability to cast the next highest level summon monster spell to the maximum of summon monster IX at 19th level.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not finished yet.
    That Rip Current Ability needs work.

Sorry for the premature post, I won't be able to finish it tonight. I'll work on it whenever I get some spare time. Could be a couple of days before it's finished. To be quite honest, I'm having difficulty deciding what direction to go in. If anyone doesn't feel like waiting or thinks they have a really good idea of how to build it or even just wants to give doing the water elemental a shot, please feel free. I don't want anyone who wants to do it, not doing it because they think I have "Dibs" or whatever.

Edit: Okay finished I guess. It's pretty late but I just wanted to finish it. Well, I'm not very confident about this one. Time to sleep.
    Last edited by AustontheGreat1; 2010-11-20 at 04:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

@Panda: Well, that's fine. However, I'll not be doing it. If you want to, or if somebody else does, I'll give it a fair, unbaised critique. Otherwise, I just don't see that happening.

@Auston: That's all fine. Just make sure to tell me when it's finished.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Does somebody plan on doing Illurien? If not, I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-02 at 02:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Does somebody plan on doing Illurien? If not, I'll give it a shot.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-02 at 02:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you.
    Just remember that I'm not great at determining balance and don't have a ton of time so it may take a while.

22. - Top - End - #82

Forest Troll

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1 | +2 | +2 | +0 | Troll body, Track +1 Con
    2| +2 | +3 | +3 | +0 | Fast Healing, Scent, +1 Str
    3| +3 | +3 | +3 | +1 | Camouflaged Skin, +1 Con
    4| +4 | +4 | +4 | +1 | Poison Use, Poisonous Saliva, +1 Dex

[/TABLE]
    Skills: 4+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills Climb, Hide, Heal, Hide, Jump, Intimidate, Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (geography), Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival and Swim

Proficiencies: Forest Trolls are proficient with simple and martial weapons, as well as light armour.

Features:
    Troll body: The troll loses all other racial bonuses, and gains giant traits, a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20ft, two claw attacks and one bite attack dealing 1d4 damage each. He also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his own Con modifier.

Track: The Forest Troll gains Track as a bonus feat.

Ability Increases: On every odd level, the Forest Troll gains +1 Con. At 2nd level, the Forest Troll gains +1 Strength, and at 4th level, he gains +1 Dex.

Fast Healing: At 2nd level, the Forest Troll gains fast healing equal to half his HD.

Scent: At 2nd level, the Forest Troll gains the scent extraordinary ability.

Poison Use: At 4th level, the Forest Troll never risks accidentally poisoning themselves when applying poison.

Camouflaged Skin: At 3rd level, the Forest Troll gains a bonus to Hide checks equal to half it's HD, increasing by an amount equal to 1+1/3HD if the Forest Troll possesses if it is in a forest setting.

Poisonous Saliva: At 4th level, the Forest Troll can now deliver poison with a bite attack, dealing initial and secondary damage of 1d4 Con. He can also coat his other weapons (both natural and manufactured) with the poison once per HD he possesses. Every 5HD from now, the damage of the poison increases by one size, so at 9HD the poison does initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Con.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

I took cues from the ranger for this, as I first took the Ranger chassis, but lowered BAB and skills, to compensate for the Forest Troll abilities. I made the Forest Troll's Hide bonus scale, and gave it poison use, as it has poison that it puts on weapons, and it fit the 'cunning, sneakier troll' thing that the Forest Troll had going. Originally, despite the poison being from saliva, the Forest Troll's bite wasn't poisonous, but I changed that because I thought it fit.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2010-10-02 at 02:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Yay continuation. I thought people had just lost interest when there were no posts.

I'll have something up today, not sure what yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    And just for what it's worth (largely nothing I know) I quite like the idea of Planar Dragons not having traditional spellcasting. Apparently in the original Planescape Dragons were creatures of magic that were linked exclusively to the Material Planes, so Planar Dragons by definition are offshoots, away from their home Plane and the source of their magic.

Spoilered for irrelevance because I don't have an interest in making any dragons, so my opinion is about as useful as a chocolate ashtray.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-10-02 at 02:52 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive

Oh, and if anyone has something from the old thread that hasn't been edited into the first post, now's the time to say it!
    My Astral Stalker (finished by Oslecamo) doesn't appear to be on the list
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get to Illurien tomorrow. I've got a little stuff on her done but I think I've been on the computer too long as my head is starting to hurt.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-02 at 03:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to request the Titan

27. - Top - End - #87

Noble Buddha's pants! A man goes to Gernika for one day and everything changes. I'm ecstatic to see this thread continued, and I have requests of my own, with the new Management.

Zeroth: I'd like either a continuation of critique on my living spell.

First: It seems so far mostly Published Monsters have been approved, but I am curious as to the creation of Homebrewed monsters with permission from their creators. Would this thread be appropriate for such a thing?

Second: I believe some of the old monsters could use a bit of revising, particularly The Angel, The Wild-hunt, and The Minotaur.

Third: Basic Monster Requests for Allip, Demi-Lich, Ettin, Nimblewright, and Shadow. (If these requests are too many, I could tackle any of them after Living spell.)

Fourth: While one should concentrate on working on one project at a time, is it possible to cue or reserve the next project? I.e. I am working on the Svirfneblin, but because I have not finished the living spell, I would like to request to do that as my next project.

Thanks, if for nothing else, for keeping this project alive.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

28. - Top - End - #88

SwashbucklerGuy

Um... Hello. I know that there's already one done for the Ghoul, but I was wondering if I could request someone for a Gravetouched Ghoul monster class (Pg 103-104 Libris Mortis), I believe there are differences between them and a standard ghoul.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Umm... So, hate to be loading with requests, really am. I know you guys are all busy. But can somebody do a derro class, those crazy little dwarf mutant things that like to torture for fun?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Umm... So, hate to be loading with requests, really am. I know you guys are all busy. But can somebody do a derro class, those crazy little dwarf mutant things that like to torture for fun?
    I'll try a Derro! It'll be a better *first monster class* for me than the Dream Larva. I make no promises on quality, but I'll try my best to make it fun and not vanilla.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!