New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Just in case you missed it, there seems to be requests for:

Seelie/Unseelie PrCs or templates and an Awakened Purple Worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    So, I must say, I'm absolutely in love with the Pixie class on this, but I was wondering: can there be a Seelie and Unseelie PrC or template? I think that would open up many other playing options for an otherwise awesome class!
    The problem with that is that we only do published classes... there'll probably be a half-fey, at least.

*.*.*.*: Please don't double post just to add a picture. That's what the edit button is for.
    The problem with the purple worm is that it's ridiculously vanilla: you could always just refluff another class on this website, and I assure you that it would be much more fun to play.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gorg, that was amazing, i would of Never been able to do it, but now what creature should i make?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-08 at 08:38 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Gorg, that was amazing, i would of Never been able to do it, but now what creature should i make?
    Something on the wait list, probably. Thanks, but I'd like some actual criticism- case by case, y'know. It can't be perfect.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-08 at 08:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Something on the wait list, probably. Thanks, but I'd like some actual criticism- case by case, y'know. It can't be perfect.
    that's quite hard, i dont really see alot of promblems, the only suggestion should be to write that the Bab is poor

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes, good question: if you're using fractional BAB, is it 1/2 or 1/3 BAB? That would be a lot to lose out on when you're relying on touch attacks to drain levels ...

Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a large problem for all 1 and 2 level classes here actually - the BAB is never specified and half and three-quarters have the same progression over the first two levels.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Good point... I'll specify a general rule on the first page.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-08 at 09:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

- I'm participating!

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

10. - Top - End - #250

*.*.*.*: Please don't double post just to add a picture. That's what the edit button is for.
    Sorry, didn't realize I did that
    The problem with the purple worm is that it's ridiculously vanilla: you could always just refluff another class on this website, and I assure you that it would be much more fun to play.
    Phooey
    Last edited by *.*.*.*; 2010-10-08 at 09:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by *.*.*.* View Post
    Phooey
    Don't get me wrong, if someone (and that includes you) wants to make a purple worm class, I'll certainly review it; I just don't think it's worth putting on the front page. We already have many, many huge melee monsters to choose from.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

So, once we're done with all the official monsters will that be the end of the thread or will we do a thread for homebrew ones?

Yes, I know the end is going to be a long way away, I just thought I'd ask.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-08 at 10:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    So, once we're done with all the official monsters will that be the end of the thread or will we do a thread for homebrew ones?

Yes, I know the end is going to be a long way away, I just thought I'd ask.
    buddy, your thinking about a minimum of 2 years to finsh all this. so that question can wait

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    buddy, your thinking about a minimum of 2 years to finsh all this. so that question can wait
    Really? Seems to be going rather quickly and if we ignore the broken things I would think that it wouldn't take a two year minimum. Maybe I'm bad at calculating time though.

Of course, I'm mostly thinking about just the monster manuals here.

EDIT: I don't think I can do Illurien. She's just a little too different from what I'm used to.

Edit 2: I don't see the concordant killer on the waiting list or in the alphabetical monsters done list. Did I miss it?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-08 at 10:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Default Re: Astral Construct [3.5 Monster Class]

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Astral Construct
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d10

Skills: 2 + Intelligence
    By default, an Astral Construct has no class skills, but may gain them through use of it's Menu Selections.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Good Save|Bad Saves|Special
    1|+0|+2|+0|Ectoplasmic Body, Menu Selection A, Ability +1
    2|+1|+3|+0|Menu Selection A, Ability +1
    3|+2|+3|+1|Size Modification, Menu Selection A, Ability +1
    4|+3|+4|+1|Menu Selection B, Ability +1
    5|+3|+4|+1|Ectopic Defense, Menu Selection B, Ability +1
    6|+4|+5|+2|Size Modification, Menu Selection B, Ability +1
    7|+5|+5|+2|Menu Selection C, Ability +1
    8|+6|+6|+2|Menu Selection C, Ability +1
    9|+6|+6|+3|Menu Selection C, Ability +1
    10|+7|+7|+3|Size Modification, Menu Selection D, Ability +1[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Astral Construct is Proficient with it's slam attacks. It may gain further weapon and armor proficiencies from it's Menu Selections.

Ectoplasmic Body: A Astral Construct loses all racial features and replaces them with the following Construct traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • No Constitution score.
    • Low-light vision.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Cannot heal damage on its own. Sonic damage heals the Astral Construct for half the damage it would normally deal.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    • Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. It can only be revived by a wish, limited wish, miracle, or by reconstructing the Astral Construct's body (requiring 1,500 gp worth of specially treated crystals (or the Astral Construct's previous body), 2,000 gp worth of rare substances, and a DC 17 Craft (Sculpting) check) and then a reincarnate spell, which will always put the Astral Construct's soul into the new effigy.
    • Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.

An Astral Construct is Medium-sized with two natural slam attacks dealing 1d6+str damage, and natural armor equal to its Cha modifier. Its base land speed is 40 feet. An Astral Construct has all of it's save progressions set at Bad by default, but may choose to improve them from it's Menu Selections.

At first level Astral Construct chooses to look like whatever it wishes, within it size range. At each level, it may automatically modify it's appearance based upon each additional Menu Selection.

An Astral Construct may also change it's appearance with the use of a Craft (Sculpting) either from itself or by another person. This action takes one hour, and although the Astral Construct may choose to look like anything of it's choice, it retains a glowing and ethereal appearance, and is still easily distinguishable from the real thing, should it choose to mimic something.

If the Astral Construct chooses to take on the appearance of a specific person or object, the DC is as follows:
    {table] 9 or lower|Does not resemble the desired creature
    10-19|Recognizably similar to the desired creature shape
    20-29|Accurate portrayal of the creature type
    30 or higher|Accurate portrayal of a specific individual[/table]

Menu Selection A:
    At 1st, 2nd and 3rd level, an Astral Construct may select one of the following abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

Light Weapons Proficiency: The Astral Construct is now proficient with all light weapons.

Martial Weapons Proficiency:
    (Req: Light Weapons Proficiency) The Astral Construct is now proficient with all martial weapons.

Light Armor Proficiency:
    The Astral Construct is now proficient with all light armor.

Medium Armor Proficiency: (Req: Light Armor Proficiency) The Astral Construct is now proficient with all Medium Armor.

Attack Enhancement:
    The Astral Construct gains the Base Attack Bonus progression of a Fighter. This modification is retroactive. It gains additional points of BAB for all of the levels of Astral Construct it has.

Save Enhancement:
    The Astral Construct changes one of it's save progressions from Bad to Good. This selection may be chosen multiple times, each time improving on a different save progression. This modification is retroactive. It gains additional points of Save Bonus for all of the levels of Astral Construct it has.

Skill Enhancement: The Astral Construct gains three class skills from the following list:
    Appraise, Autohypnosis, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Any, chosen separately), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Psicraft, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Psionic Device
    This Selection can be chosen multiple times, gaining three additional class skills per selection. In addition, you gain 1 additional skill point each time you choose this selection.
    As a construct, an Astral Construct uses its Cha modifier for Concentration checks.

Psionic Enhancement A:
    Choose one 1st level psionic power. You may manifest it as a Psionic Like Ability 1/day per HD.
    You may choose this selection multiple times, gaining a new PLA per selection.
    The DC=10+Power Level+Cha Modifier.
    You gain 1 additional pp per selection.

Buff (Ex): The astral construct gains an extra 5 hit points.

Celerity (Ex):
    The astral construct’s land speed is increased by 10 feet.

Cleave (Ex): The astral construct gains the Cleave feat.

Deflection (Ex): The astral construct gains a +1 deflection bonus to Armor Class. This ability can only be taken once, and does not stack with other Deflection Menu Selections.

Improved Bull Rush (Ex): The astral construct gains the Improved Bull Rush feat.

Improved Slam Attack (Ex): The astral construct gains the Improved Natural Attack feat.

Mobility (Ex): The astral construct gains the Mobility feat.

Power Attack (Ex): The astral construct gains the Power Attack feat.

Resistance (Ex): Choose one of the following energy types: fire, cold, acid, electricity, or sonic. The astral construct gains resistance 5 against that energy type.

Swim (Ex): The astral construct becomes streamlined and sharklike, and gains a swim speed of 30 feet.

Trip (Ex): If the astral construct hits with a slam attack, it can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking attacks of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the astral construct.

Ability Bonus: At each level, the Astral Construct gains +1 to an ability score of it's choice. You may not increase the same score two levels in a row.

Size Modification: (Ex)
    At 3rd, 6th and 10th level, you may choose one of the following:
    Increase by one size category
    Decrease by one size category
    Gain the Powerful Build ability
    Gain the Sleight Build ability.
    Remain your current size.
    The Astral Construct's natural attacks increase or decrease in damage accordingly. You may not have the Powerful Build and Sleight Build abilities at the same time, and you may not choose to have them more then once.

Menu Selection B:
    At 4th, 5th and 6th level, an Astral Construct may select one of the following abilities. It may also choose to select two from Menu A instead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Exotic Weapon Proficiency: (Req: Martial Weapons Proficiency) The Astral Construct gains proficiency with one Exotic Weapon of it's choice. It may take this feat multiple times, each time choosing an additional exotic weapon.

Heavy Armor Proficiency: (Req: Medium Armor Proficiency) The Astral Construct gains proficiency with Heavy Armor.

Multifaceted Psionics: An Astral Construct who multiclasses for a psionic class can count his Astral Construct levels as levels of that class for purposes of ML and for the purposes of learning new spells and additional power points. So for example, an Astral Construct 3 who took 1 level of psion could choose to have ML 4, can learn up to 2nd level powers, and gains 17 power points.

Psionic Enhancement B: Choose one 2st level psionic power. You may manifest it as a Psionic Like Ability 1/day per 2HD.
    You gain 2 additional pp per selection.

Modified Defense: (Req: Damage Reduction) The Astral Construct's Damage Reduction changes to one of the following:
    Adamantine, Cold Iron, Silver, Good, Evil, Law, Chaos

Energy Touch (Ex):
    The astral construct's natural attacks deals an extra 1d6 points of damage of an energy type you choose (fire, cold, acid, or electricity.)

Fast Healing (Ex): The astral construct heals 2 hit points each round. It is still immediately destroyed when it reaches 0 hit points.

Heavy Deflection (Ex): (Req: Deflection) The astral construct gains a +4 deflection bonus to Armor Class. You may not pick this selection more then once. It does not stack with any other Deflection Menu Selections.

Improved Buff (Ex): The astral construct gains an extra 12 hit points.

Improved Critical (Ex): The astral construct gains the Improved Critical feat with its slam attacks.

Improved Damage Reduction (Ex): The astral construct’s surface forms a hard carapace and provides an additional 3 points of damage reduction (or damage reduction 3/magic if it does not already have damage reduction).

Fly (Ex): The astral construct gains physical wings and a fly speed of 40 feet (average).

Improved Fly:
    The astral construct's maneuverability improves by one category. You may choose this selection multiple times.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the construct must hit with its slam attack. A construct can use this ability only on a target that is at least one size smaller than itself.

Improved Swim: (Req: Swim) The astral construct becomes further streamlined and sharklike, and gains a swim speed of 60 feet.

Extra Power(Ex): The astral construct gains a +2 bonus to one ability score of your choice.

Poison Touch (Ex): If the astral construct hits with a melee attack, the target must make an initial Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ astral construct’s HD + astral construct’s Cha modifier) or take 1/4HD point of Constitution damage. One minute later, the target must save again or take (1d2)/4HD points of Constitution damage.

Pounce (Ex):
    If the astral construct charges a foe, it can make a full attack.

Smite (Su): Once every 10 minutes the astral construct can make one attack that deals extra damage equal to its Hit Dice plus it's Cha modifier.

Trample (Ex): As a standard action during its turn each round, a Large or larger astral construct can literally run over an opponent at least one size smaller than itself. It merely has to move over the opponent to deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d8 + its Str modifier. The target can attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + ½ astral construct’s Hit Dice + astral construct’s Str modifier) to negate the damage, or it can instead choose to make an attack of opportunity at a -4 penalty.

Ectopic Defense (Ex):
    At 5th level, the Astral Construct gains DR/Magic equal to ½HD + it's Cha bonus.

Menu Selection C: At level 7, 8 and 9, the Astral Construct may select one of the following abilities. It may also choose two from Menu B or four from Menu A instead:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psionic Enhancement C: Choose one 3st or 4th level psionic power. You may manifest it as a Psionic Like Ability 1/day per 3HD. If you choose this selection three or more times, you may instead select a fifth level power to use 1/day per 4HD.
    You gain 3 additional pp per selection.

Crystallization (Ps):
    The Astral Construct may store extra power points in it's body as a Cognizance Crystal. It may store up to it's HD in power points (Maximum 17.)

Extreme Healing (Ex): (Req: Fast Healing) The Astral Construct's Fast Healing improves to Cha modifier+2

Blindsight (Ex): The astral construct has blindsight out to 60 feet.

Concussion (Ps): The astral construct can manifest concussion blast (manifester level 7th) at will as a swift action.

Constrict (Ex): The astral construct has the improved grab ability with its slam attack. In addition, on a successful grapple check, the astral construct deals damage equal to its slam damage.

Dimension Slide (Ps): The astral construct can manifest dimension slide (manifester level equal to Hit Dice) as a move action once per round.

Energy Bolt (Ps):The astral construct can manifest energy bolt (manifester level equal to HD) as a standard action once per round. The creator sets the energy type that the astral construct can manifest when he creates it.

Extra Buff (Ex): The astral construct gains an extra 25 hit points.

Extreme Damage Reduction (Ex): The astral construct’s surface forms hard, armor-like plates and provides an additional 6 points of damage reduction.

Extreme Deflection (Ex): (Req: Heavy Deflection) The astral construct gains a +7 deflection bonus to Armor Class. You may only choose this selection once, and it does not stack with other Deflection Menu Selections.

Natural Invisibility (Su): The astral construct is constantly invisible, even when attacking. This ability is inherent and not subject to the invisibility purge spell.

Power Resistance (Ex): The astral construct gains power resistance equal to 10 + its Hit Dice.

Rend (Ex): The astral construct makes claw attacks instead of slam attacks (it deals the same amount of damage as it would with its slam damage, but does slashing damage instead of bludgeoning damage). An astral construct that hits the same opponent with two claw attacks in the same round rends its foe, which deals extra damage equal to 2d6 + 1½ times its Str modifier.

Spring Attack (Ex): The astral construct gains the Spring Attack feat.

Whirlwind Attack (Ex): The astral construct gains the Whirlwind Attack feat.

Menu Selection D: At level 10, the Astral Construct may select one of the following abilities. It may also choose two from Menu c, four from Menu B, or six from Menu A instead:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psionic Enhancement D: Choose one 5th or 6th level psionic power. You may manifest it as a Psionic Like Ability 1/day per 4HD.
    You gain 4 additional pp.

Perfected Flight (Ex): (Req: Flight) The Astral Construct improved upon the use of its wings It can now fly at double it's land speed.

Perfected Buff (Ex): The astral construct gains an extra 60 hit points.

Perfected Damage Reduction (Ex): The astral construct’s surface forms hard, armor-like plates and provides an additional 8 points of damage reduction.

Perfected Deflection (Ex): (Req: Extreme Deflection) The astral construct gains a +10 deflection bonus to Armor Class. You may only choose this selection once, and it does not stack with other Deflection Menu Selections.

Assume Mantle (Ps):
    You gain access to one psionic mantle. You may manifest any of the powers from it with a manifester level equal to (1/2)-1 HD as a PLI 1/day per (Power Level)HD

Perfected Eyes (Ex): The Astral Construct gains permanent True Seeing.

Extra Limbs (Ex): The Astral Construct grows an additional pair of arms. These arms can manipulate fine objects. It gains an additional two slam attacks from them, and can wield weapons in them without penalty, if proficient with them.

Divide (Ex): The Astral Construct buds off and creates an additional Astral Construct of a level equal to the main Astral Construct's HD-2 (Or HD-1 if you have the Leadership feat.) This construct remains active indefinitely, and does not count towards the usual limit for the number of constructs manifested by the Astral Construct Power.

Psionic Void (Ps): The Astral Construct is surrounded by a constant Anti Psionics Field with a radius of 20 ft. This field may be suppressed and resumed at will as an immediate action.

Subdimensional Ectoplasm (Ex): The Astral Construct may become Incorporeal at will as as standard action.

Psionic Transferal (Ex): The Astral Construct gains 6th level manifesting and the power points of a 10th level psionic class of it's choice.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this is rather ambitious of me, and obviously needs some further tweaks, but I think it will be a worthwhile undertaking.

Added in most of the changes, have to just put in the psionic multiclassing ability, and figure out what Menu D will be.

Alright, more work has been put into it. Just waiting for critique now.

Basically a create-a-monster function. It could be cause for some very interesting looking characters, I'll say.
    Alright. I think I have everything covered. Let me know if any remaining things need fixing.

Edit: While I'm here, I'd also like to put in a request for the Half-Fey template.
    Last edited by sciencepanda; 2010-10-08 at 11:40 PM.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

EDIT: I don't think I can do Illurien. She's just a little too different from what I'm used to.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But...but I've waited for so long T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But...but I've waited for so long T_T
    okay, okay, I'll give it a shot.

18. - Top - End - #258

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    Edit 2: I don't see the concordant killer on the waiting list or in the alphabetical monsters done list. Did I miss it?
    ...When was Concordant Killer asked for?
    Also, this thread will never be finished. Ever. Trust me.

Sciencepanda:
    The budded astral construct... the problem is when it hits 13th level. What then? Say it's for all intents and purposes a cohort who has to take at least half its levels in the astral construct class.
    Half-fey has already been requested.

Also: Can SOMEBODY critique my Evolved Undead? Geez, you'll make me think I'm just some infallible godlike improved monster class homebrewer, and with my editing rights, we all know where that leads! To anger! And anger leads to hate. And hate leads to Suffering!
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-09 at 12:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

...When was Concordant Killer asked for?
    I don't recall exactly but I know Dire weasel asked for it.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't recall exactly but I know Dire weasel asked for it.
    Probably sometime last thread.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Probably sometime last thread.
    possibly.

Still working on Illurien.

Since you're an expert, what level should flight come in and what maneuverability? The entry says the maneuverability is perfect but that seems a little much.

23. - Top - End - #263

Also: Can SOMEBODY critique my Evolved Undead? Geez, you'll make me think I'm just some infallible godlike improved monster class homebrewer, and with my editing rights, we all know where that leads! To anger! And anger leads to hate. And hate leads to Suffering!
    You do know it'd be easier to just give it five levels and put "Evolved" power at each level, which is much better than janking your BAB while ultraboosting your saves, right?

My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

The Evolved Indead is a horrible, underpowered class, and you should be beheaded for even thinking of making it. /sarcasm In all seriousness, it's a difficult class to screw up. One level, a bunch of possible benefits ... it's good. Customizable, and most importantly, a playable class that's worth taking.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Since you're an expert, what level should flight come in and what maneuverability? The entry says the maneuverability is perfect but that seems a little much.
    NOT AN EXPERT. Just... better than some.
    Anyways. Start at 30' average, and work from there. Flight should come at 3rd-5th, depending on how important it is to the class.

You do know it'd be easier to just give it five levels and put "Evolved" power at each level, which is much better than janking your BAB while ultraboosting your saves, right?
    Actually, it would be easier for your DM to be sensible and use fractional BAB and saves instead of allowing crap like that.

26. - Top - End - #266

However, it's our job as 'brewers to (mostly) deal with the system as written, and not our favorite houserules.

My extended homebrew sig

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

However, it's our job as 'brewers to (mostly) deal with the system as written, and not our favorite houserules.
    Then we'd better remove swift actions and call everything free actions, too. Fractional BAB/saves isn't a house rule, it's an alternate rule, much as swift/immediate actions are.

28. - Top - End - #268

Gorgon, the whole "take the class five times" thing is awkward. It's inelegant. It's confusing to new players. Why not just make it a five level class? It's not like they need to take every level or anything. It's the same thing, but prettier.

My extended homebrew sig

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

What is the fraction though? If you posted it somewhere, I didn't see it.

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

30. - Top - End - #270

And done.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.