New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Gates of Heaven: Giving Celestia the Dicefreaks Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    As for using Marshal or Bard, I would say that is Chivalry’s call since he’s the one actually writing the Hebdomad; you’re just doing the crunch. I would say bard since he is a herald and patron of heralds, which is explicitly what bards do.
    Well, Marshal will do just fine, though those are my thoughts as to why you'd use Bard pretty much.

On that note, so we can move together united, your thoughts on my interpretations of the others?:

• Barachiel: Bard or Marshal
    • Domiel: Rogue or Ranger
    • Erathaol: Archivist, Wizard, Loremaster or Cleric (my leaning would be archivist or a mystic theurge of wizard and archivist, though loremaster might do)
    • Pistis Sophia: Monk (or swordsage)
    • Raziel: Paladin or Barbarian with an exemption for being lawful (or warblade or crusader)
    • Sealtiel: Knight (or crusader)
    • Zaphkiel: Class levels seem inappropriate
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we could make Raziel a non-barbarian melee class and give him a rage as one of his special abilities (As a rule of thumb, cosmic entities have one unique ability for every 15 HD they have). As for Zaphkiel, Asmodeus has levels in both Cleric and Wizard so I don't see why his equivalent can't do the same. Although I suppose we are eventually going to have to figure out exactly what Zaphkiel is in the first place.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Fly speed is too slow

I can bump it up.

Fast as lightning is still too good
    Fine.

BAB should be +65 (40 outsider, 20 marshal, 5 epic marshal)
    That is not how epic BAB works. You take the base attack bonus of the first twenty levels, and then you divide the rest of the hit dice by two (rounded up IIRC) add them up, and that is the BAB. That is also how it works for saves.

Sword of the Host is missing attack bonii
    Yeesh, I forgot to add it. Forgot to add ability modifiers to the saves as well. And size modifier to the AC. Herp.

The full attack damage is less than the
    regular attack; both should have a base damage of 2d6
    That is another error since I had to down grade it; if you read the Blade of the Heavenly Host ability, the base damage is 5d6, not 2d6. Technically, as a large greatsword (something else I forgot to change), it actually would deal 3d6 as the base, but I bumped it up.

Damage reduction should be overcome by something and should probably be a little lower (Probably anarchic, epic, evil, and some material)
    Hm. Chaotic, Evil, Epic and Adamantine, to mirror the Silver that most Fiends get as the thing they are weak to.

Saves are off, not sure of the exact values but since he doesn’t have equal Dex, Con, and Wis and I’m sure Marshal doesn’t have all good saves they shouldn’t all be the same.
    See above.

Strength is a bit high, everything else is good. I would suggest late 30s to early 40s.
    Bael has Strength 55. I could may lower it to 46 or 45.

Feats should be alphabetized, sorted into Feats and Epic Feats, and have their source noted if it isn’t Core or BoED
    Minor thing, but treasure should probably be quintuple standard
    Fine.

The Blade of the Heavenly Host should have a total enhancement bonus of around +15 and you should note whether the extra damage stacks with the Shocking Blast
    Got it.

Smote should be reduced to 45d6
    Good point. Technically, it was supposed to be a number of d6 equal to Barachiel's Hit Dice, so it would be more like 70d6. But I can lower it.

You need an [/i] at the end of spell-likes and probably don’t have enough.
    Fine.

Call the Host is fine, as long as you are considering it to be a special ability of his and not something that all the Hebdomad get.
    Certainly not; Barachiel is flavored as the General of the armies of Celestia, so it seemed fair that he be able to call more Archons than the other Tome Archons.

As for using Marshal or Bard, I would say that is Chivalry’s call since he’s the one actually writing the Hebdomad; you’re just doing the crunch. I would say bard since he is a herald and patron of heralds, which is explicitly what bards do.
    He is also first and foremost a general. Bards are baaaad generals. A general who can generally be killed faster than their troops, whose main ability requires that they do nothing but use it (I.E. no moving ever), who can cast minor spells off of a minor list that have no real combat application as a general, and whose greatest abilities can affect barely anyone, is a bad general.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-02-22 at 10:46 PM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Racial Hit Dice don't count when dealing with epic levels. The BAB should actually be +53.

For example, the Chichimec has 27 racial HD, so it ha a BAB of +27.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-22 at 10:50 PM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Racial Hit Dice don't count when dealing with epic levels. The BAB should actually be +53.
    Can you give me a citation for this? As long as I have been making gods (which the Hebdomad technically are), and using the Deities and Demigods rule book, you take the base attack bonus of the first twenty hit die or levels, and then you go from there. The first twenty hit die or levels in this case is 20 Outsider hit dice, which gives you a base attack bonus of +20. Then you go to the epic progression from there, giving you +25. Add them up and you get +45.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

I added the citation while you were writing your response. Deities and Demigods is a lousy example, because most only have 20 racial HD before the class levels are piled on. Check any outsider in the ELH/SRD. They have a BAB equal to their racial HD, just like non-epic outsiders.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-22 at 10:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

I added the citation while you were doing it. Deities and Demigods is a lousy example, because most only have 20 racial HD before the class levels are piled on. Check any outsider in the ELH/SRD. They have a BAB equal to their racial HD, just like non-epic outsiders.
    But how did you get +53? +40 for the hit dice, and then +13 for 30 levels of Marshal? Did you mean 55? That is how the Gates of Hell has Bael's BAB, and would make sense, I guess.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, my mistake. I thought you had 25 levels of Marshal. My apologies.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, my mistake. I thought you had 25 levels of Marshal. My apologies.
    Oh, no problem.

Well, I should have everything done in a jiffy, if I can alphabetize the feats by then; you know, that is kind of a stupid thing to do; I can understand sort epic from non-epic, and giving sources, but putting the feats in alphabetical order doesn't make it any easier to find, doesn't make it any easier to read, doesn't really help anyone at all. It doesn't even have an intrinsic aesthetic value either.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I wouldn't bother. It just seems rather tedious.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Barachiel, without Heldenmut.

Barachiel
    Large Outsider (Good, Lawful)
    Marshal 30
    HD 40d8+30d8+1050 (1368 hp)
    Speed 120 ft. (18 squares); Fly (Perfect) 160 feet
    Init: +29
    AC 77; touch 37; flat-footed 58 (+9 Dex, +20 Dodge, +27 Armor, +23, -2 Size )
    BAB +45; Grp +67
    Attack Sword of the Host +74 melee (5d6+27+20d6+10+3d6, 17-20/x4 + 12d6)
    Full-Attack Sword of the Host +74/+69/+64/+59 (5d6+27+10d6+10+3d6, 17-20/x4 + 12d6)
    Space 20 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
    Special Attacks Blade of the Heavenly Host, Trumpet on the Mount, Smote, Spell-like abilities, Call the Host, Vengeance of the Heavens, Minor Auras, Major Auras, Grant Move Action 7/day
    Special Qualities Fast as Lightning, Aura of Menace, Damage Reduction 51/Chaotic Evil Epic and Adamantine, Immunities, Indelible Imprint, Magic Circle Against Evil, Spell Resistance 59, Teleport, Tongues
    Saves Fort +51 Ref +46 Will +43
    Abilities Str 46, Dex 28, Con 38, Int 22, Wis 23, Cha 45
    Skills Diplomacy +105 , Handle Animal +90, Heal +79, Intimidate +90, Knowledge (nobility) +79, Knowledge (religion) +79, Knowledge (the planes) +79, Listen +79, Perform (oratory) +103, Sense Motive +81, Spellcraft +79, Spot +79, Survival +32
    Feats Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Bull-Rush, Improved Critical (Sword of the Host), Improved Toughness1, Mobility, Negotiator, Power Attack, Run, Shock Trooper1, Skill Focus (Diplomacy)B, Skill Focus (Perform (oratory)), Spring Attack, Track, Weapon Focus (Sword of the Host), Whirlwind Attack, Wingover
    Epic Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Epic Skill Focus (Perform (oratory)), Improved Combat Reflexes, Spellcaster Harrier
    B: Bonus feat
    1: Complete Warrior
    Environment Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia (Lunia)
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 55
    Treasure Quintuple standard, plus Heldenmut
    Alignment Lawful Good
    Advancement --

This empyreal figure appears as a 9-foot-tall androgynous human with silver skin and dark violet eyes. Great wings covered with silver feathers grace his shoulders. He wears a flowing violet robe adorned with tiny motes of light that glow like stars. He wields a greatsword that crackle with electricity and carries a burnished silver trumpet.

Barachiel (bah-RAY-kee-ehl) rules Lunia, the bottom layer of the great heavenly mountain, also known as the Silver Heaven. He commands Celestia’s defenses against incursion, though he rarely has much to do in that capacity. In addition, he is the herald and messenger of the archon paragons, even visiting the Material Plane on occasion to deliver messages of the utmost importance. He leads the trumpet archons and is a patron of mortal heralds as well.

The Citadel of Stars is Barachiel’s home on the shore of the Silver Sea. A towering fortress with gleaming white marble walls, the Citadel entertains an almost constant stream of trumpet archons coming in and going out on their missions across the planes.

Combat
    Any weapon Barachiel wields is treated as good-aligned and lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Blade of the Heavenly Host (Su): As a free action, Barachiel may call his blade to him. It is a large +10 Shocking Blast greatsword that deals a base 5d6 damage. On a successful attack, it deals an extra 10d6 electricity damage. The blade is immune to any dispel effect or any means of destroying it. If it is removed from Barachiel’s possession, it immediately disappears, and Barachiel can re-summon it as a free action. The extra electricity damage from this ability stacks with the Shocking Blast property of the sword itself.

Trumpet on the Mount (Su): Barachiel may sound his great, awe-inspiring trumpet as a standard action. He blasts a great burst of sound from it, causing all non-archons within 100 feet to make a Will save (DC 62) or be paralyzed for 2d4 rounds. If the trumpet is stolen from Barachiel, he may summon it to himself as a standard action, and it appears in his hand. The DC of this ability is Charisma based.

Smote (Ex): As a standard action, three times per encounter, Barachiel may make a single melee attack against an opponent, with a bonus to the attack roll equal to his Charisma modifier. If the attack hits, Barachiel deals an extra 50d6 damage to the opponent. The damage of this attack doubles if the target is of the Evil alignment.

Spell-like Abilities: At Will-- consecrate, daylight, detect chaos, detect evil, continual flame, dream, greater dispel magic, hallow, lightning bolt, holy aura (DC 35), holy smite (DC 31), holy word (DC 34), message, nightmare (DC 31), power word stun, sending, shield of law, true seeing, dispel evil, blade barrier (DC 33), cure critical wounds, spell turning, stoneskin, righteous might;
    3/day—miracle (DC 36), true resurrection, mass heal.
    Caster level 49th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Call the Host: Four times per day, Barachiel may summon a legion of the Host. The legion includes 4d10+10 Lantern Archons, 2d4+4 Sword Archons, 1d4+4 Trumpet Archons, and 1d2+2 Throne Archons. In addition, Barachiel may summon one of the Hebdomad with this ability. He may only summon at most one legion per encounter. They last until the end of the encounter, and then return to wherever they were summoned from.

Vengeance of the Heavens (Su): As a full round action, Barachiel may summon thunder and lightning from the skies, and have it strike an opponent. He makes a ranged touch attack against a target that he can see. That target, and all non-archon targets within 30 feet must make a Reflex save (DC 62) or take 70d6 electricity damage. If they make the save, they only take half damage. Any target who attempts the save is automatically deafened. The save DC for this ability is Charisma based.

Minor Auras (Ex): Barachiel knows the Art of War, Master of Tactics, Motivate Dexterity, Master of Opportunity, Force of Will, Demand Fortitude, Over the Top, Watchful Eye, Accurate Strike, and Determined Caster minor auras. He uses his Charisma modifier of +17 for these effects.

Major Auras (Ex): Barachiel knows the Motivate Ardor, Motivate Attack, Motivate Care, Steady Hands, Motivate Urgency, and Resilient Troops auras. The bonus for these effects is +6.

Grant Move Action (Ex): Seven times per day, Barachiel may, as a standard action, grant an additional move action to all allies within 30 feet (but not himself). This extra action does not affect the allies’ initiative count; the round continues normally after Barachiel’s turn is over. (This may mean, for example, that an ally whose initiative
    count immediately follows Barachiel’s may get an extra move action from Barachiel, followed directly by a full round worth of actions on the ally’s turn.)

Fast as Lightning (Ex): Barachiel gains a +20 Dodge bonus to Armor Class, and a +20 bonus to Initiative. He loses the bonus to Armor Class if he loses his Dexterity modifier to Armor Class.

Aura of Menace: A righteous aura surrounds Barachiel when he fights or gets angry. Any hostile creature within a 40- foot radius of him must make a Will save (DC 62) to resist its effects. Those who fail take a –10 morale penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for one day. If an affected creature makes a successful hit against him, that creature (only) can attempt a new saving throw. A creature that makes a successful saving throw against the effect cannot be affected again by the aura for one day. The DC for this ability is Charisma based.

Immunities: Barachiel immune to Electricity, Fire, Cold, Sonic and Acid damage. He is immune to poison, paralyze effects, mind affecting spells and effects, and petrification.

Indelible Imprint: When one of the Celestial Hebdomad is slain, the dying paragon releases holy energy to brand its murderer for all time. The instant the paragon dies, all creatures within 100 feet who have dealt damage to the paragon within the past day must make a Will save (DC 62). Those that succeed take half damage. In any case, the creatures receive an unsightly rune upon their faces that instantly identifies them to any lawful good outsider as a murderer of a member of the Hebdomad, and take 20d6 untyped damage. The mark may be removed with a wish or miracle spell if the caster beats the Spell resistance of the paragon. The DC for this ability is Charisma based.

Heldenmut
    Heldenmut is the shining silver full plate of Barachiel. It has an armor bonus of +27, has no maximum dexterity bonus, no speed penalty, and no armor check penalty. It has the effects of the Great Reflection, and Negating enhancements.

Heldenmut was made in the ancient forges of the high mountain, from Orichalcum, the ore mined from mount Celestia itself. The Archons do not normally allow Orichalcum to be mined, but the ore was taken from the mountain for the purpose of making the armor of the general of the Mount. It was forged from ancient fires and techniques long forgotten by the first Archons, made of the very ideals of Law and Good. The forger, Ehren, poured his very soul into the creation of the armor, spilling blood and tears into the glowing metal. Because of this, the Orichalcum, normally pink, turned a bright silver. It also absorbed some of the essence of Ehren, and became harder than the hardest steel, but remaining as light as normal Orichalcum.

Heldenmut is handed down, Barachiel to Barachiel. Safeguarding the ancient armor is one of their chief duties, in addition to protecting Celestia.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-02-23 at 06:47 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you make Heldenmut out of thin air, or is it a very extravagant common type of armor with material/magical improvements?

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you make Heldenmut out of thin air, or is it a very extravagant common type of armor with material/magical improvements?
    Kind of thin air. Full plates' armor bonus is +8, so this is like an Orichalcum Full Plate that eats magic.

I might feel like writing up actual background for it now. For the record, the name itself means "Valor" in German, and it seemed to fit.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Back story would be awesome. Its really cool that people are putting that much energy into names instead of coming up with random, strung together syllables.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Back story would be awesome. Its really cool that people are putting that much energy into names instead of coming up with random, strung together syllables.
    Background is in the description for the artifact itself. I almost want to give it some more powers, because just eating magic seems kind of tame given its background.

[Edit]: Oh! Tell me if you think the description for Heldenmut is too much, Sir-Chivalry, or if it is too conflicting with the fluff and stuff.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-02-22 at 11:28 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646
    Colossus in the Playground

So far, I haven't had to come up with any names, I think But I'm pretty sure Nemmiron is a random collection of syllables.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, no. You're just giving backstory to things already named.

Sadly, you seem to be correct about Nemmiron.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-23 at 09:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Background is in the description for the artifact itself. I almost want to give it some more powers, because just eating magic seems kind of tame given its background.

[Edit]: Oh! Tell me if you think the description for Heldenmut is too much, Sir-Chivalry, or if it is too conflicting with the fluff and stuff.
    It's fantastic. I don't see how it could contradict with my fluff at all even if I was trying to find fault, but I simply think that is a nice fluff for a suit of armour. Does it magically appear out of thin air on him at will (I think you said it did) or is it put on him?
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
    It's fantastic. I don't see how it could contradict with my fluff at all even if I was trying to find fault, but I simply think that is a nice fluff for a suit of armour. Does it magically appear out of thin air on him at will (I think you said it did) or is it put on him?
    No, his weapon (which isn't unique) is summoned as a Supernatural ability. Heldenmut itself A) eats magic, so trying to summon it would be... interesting, to say the least, and B) is passed down from Barachiel to Barachiel. Also, it seemed like it would be a fun plot hook for some Celestia focused PCs; Heldenmut is stolen, and Barachiel cannot leave Celestia. He hires PCs (who are probably epic level) to go find it, etc.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as the indelible mark is concerned, I'd make the mark appear, no save. If you were able to kill Barachiel, you most likely had to fight your way through multiple Archons, so Celestials should already be able to identify you.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

As far as the indelible mark is concerned, I'd make the mark appear, no save. If you were able to kill Barachiel, you most likely had to fight your way through multiple Archons, so Celestials should already be able to identify you.
    Hm... good idea.

[Edit]: Okey dokey, save on the mark is removed.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-02-23 at 06:50 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

To clarify, I'd keep the save for the damage, but not for mark itself.

The higher-ranking angels from the creature catalog had a similar power.

But you already made that clear, never mind.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-23 at 06:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Staff of the Heavenly Seer
    This staff is long, and pearly white. One end has a slight blue-ish tinge, and the other is slightly red. The ends are knobbed and round, the rest of the staff being smooth. It hums with a slight power, and you feel assured in yourself while you hold it.

The staff gives all good creatures who hold it a +2 bonus to their Caster level for the purposes of Good spells and all Divination spells as long as they wield it. Lawful characters gain a +1 bonus to their Caster level for the purposes of Good spells and all Divination spells as long as they wield it. Chaotic characters take a -1 penalty to their Caster level for the purposes of all spells, and Evil characters gain a negative level while wielding the staff, and for 24 hours after they stop wielding the staff, and Evil characters take a -2 penalty to their Caster level for the purposes of all spells as long as they wield it.

The staff itself has 50 charges. The spells stored are as such:

• Arcane Sight (1 Charge)
    • Divination (1 Charge)
    • Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (1 Charge)
    • Magic Circle Against Evil (2 Charges)
    • Analyze Dweomer (2 Charges)
    • Greater Scrying (3 Charges)

Strong divination; CL 13th; Craft Staff, Arcane Sight, Divination, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Magic Circle Against Evil, Analyze Dweomer, Greater Scrying; Price 79,225 gp.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just pick something from Dice's list and get started. Alternately, if you are feeling ambitious, try making one of blackjack's Powers; I get the feeling he isn't going to come back for them.
    Sorry for taking so long to answer. I had some computer problems. So what is this list your talking about? Where is it at?

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Dice made a list of a bunch of variant archons we could use, drastically simplifying the process of making them. Just go back a few pages and you'll find it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Dice made a list of a bunch of variant archons we could use, drastically simplifying the process of making them. Just go back a few pages and you'll find it.
    It's here. I'll get around to statting some of them up...one of these days...hopefully....

Homework sucks.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

27. - Top - End - #657
    Barbarian in the Playground

So these are something like the normals of their kind just with varying abilities? This kind of reminds me of the spheres concept. Which was used in the tome of fiends and tome of elements. Is that what your going for?

http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Tome_of...endish_Spheres
    (Tome of Fiends: Spheres)

http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Book_of..._Style#Spheres
    (Book of Elements: Spheres)

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'Kay. So I guess I can at least enter the concept stage for a trumpet archon. I was thinking of what I'd like to do and what fits in with Heaven and trumpets, and I think I'd like to make some kind of trumpet archon based around the seven trumpets from the Book of Revelations. They'd basically be mid to high level combat summoners, calling down meteors and shooting stars and whatnot. They'd also be portal openers; not Gate or anything that game-breaking, but rather an active supernatural ability that spits out low-level archons (for support/defense) or devils (for offense; devils instead of demons because archons and devils do rest on the lawful side of the wheel, so some kind of contract maybe?). So, whad'ya think?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

29. - Top - End - #659
    Colossus in the Playground

Sure, it's a good idea.

Let's see.

1. trumpet:
    Hail and Fire. Pretty straightforward: ice and fire damage.
    Destroys plants.

2. trumpet:
    Destroying the oceans. Not sure on that one.

3. trumpet:
    Poisons rivers and springs. Also not sure. Can create diseases?

4. trumpet:
    Darkens the sky: darkness effects.

5. trumpet:
    Insect swarms.

6. trumpet:
    Summons an army

7. trumpet:
    War and judgement. Difficult to implement.

Overall opinion: very blasty. I'd prefer if at least some of the trumpets had more of a connection with heraldry and messages than killing people and despoiling the land. Actually, all of that seems a bit much wanton destruction for the forces of lawful good.

Perhaps just a few blasty trumpet archons?

Herald Archon: calls forth the armies of Heaven. Summoner.
    Thunder Archon: calls forth darkness in the skies, lets fire and ice rain down.

Sounds better to me.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds pretty sweet.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show