Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: nwn 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Okeedokee then.
    Christmas, presents, money.
    Neverwinter Nights 2.
    Two queries.
    Where can I get Lawful Good edition in the UK?
    Base classes?
    I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hard time getting hold of a Lawful Good edition anywhere in the UK anymore. Try eBay, but I'm pretty sure all the big retailers sold out a fair while ago.

3. - Top - End - #333

Oh goody. I've been wanting to play a Warlock.
    Why a Warlock of all classes though?
    I think they thought it would be a good spellcasting class to play video-game style, since you don't have to worry about spell prep or spells per day.

Also, they have a lot of prestige classes, core (e.g., Arcane Trickster, Duelist, Eldritch Knight, Shadowdancer)as well as a few FR-based ones (e.g., Harper Agent, Neverwinter Nine, Shadow Thief of Amn) and some ones I think based on PrCs from the "Complete Thus-and-Such" series (e.g., War Priest, Pale Master). (Those aren't ALL the available PrCs, just the ones off the top of my head).

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, a "Lawful Good" edition? Ummmm, I dont have the game yet, so this might be a stupid question, but what does that mean?
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

5. - Top - End - #335

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    Wait, a "Lawful Good" edition? Ummmm, I dont have the game yet, so this might be a stupid question, but what does that mean?
    Sorry, should've clarified - they realised two Collector's Editions, one Lawful Good, one Chaotic Evil. They came with a ring and a little sculpture, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: It occurs to me that this explanation makes it sound like only 2 copies of the Collector's Edition were ever made. Oh well.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Well...I wanted a Bahamut, but I guess I'll just go and get the Chaotic Evil edition.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well...I wanted a Bahamut, but I guess I'll just go and get the Chaotic Evil edition.
    It was an Eldritch giant, not Bahumat, in the end. I got the LG version from play.com and I've got to say, I wonder whether it was worth it. The map is just a folded piece of paper, tacky pewter ring, music and pictures disc, copies of original game and expansions I already own, and the art book was 12-odd ringbound postcard.
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm so pissed off. I got it for Christmas as I expected and ran upstairs to get in installed when it becamse apparent that it was a DVD and my computer doesn't have a DVD-drive. There's a week of my life wasted as I wait for the one my mom is going to get around to ordering to come in. Though it'll give me a chance to finally play BGII as I wait.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Violence View Post
    Sorry, should've clarified - they realised two Collector's Editions, one Lawful Good, one Chaotic Evil. They came with a ring and a little sculpture, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: It occurs to me that this explanation makes it sound like only 2 copies of the Collector's Edition were ever made. Oh well.

Ohhhhh, ok. So the different alignments are just different collectors editions. I thought at first that they were different versions of the game.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myatar_Panwar View Post
    Ohhhhh, ok. So the different alignments are just different collectors editions. I thought at first that they were different versions of the game.
    if you own the CE edition and set up a CE Character you get a special "Leet" item called "the Head of Vecna"

Anyone gonna fall for that?

Edit: GORAM IT!

i "lost" my savegame....

/me is annoyed!
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2006-12-30 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Hehe. I love that story.

I find alignment to be just as sucky in this game as it is in real D&D.
    Yes, i'm going to save the town from the Lizardfolk. No. No. Forcing them into it is not freaking LAWFUL!
    I'm killing people in cities, while the freaking watch are watching, and you're telling me I'm not chaotic!?
    GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! Jibar will keep his warlock levels, even if he has to rend every citizen of Neverwinter in twain!

I also look very silly. I have a swashbuckler's hat, a chain shirt, a green cloak, a spear, and tatoos on my face.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Basically, it's conversations that change your alignment - stupid evil choices make you more evil, stupid good more good, lawful stupid more lawful and chaotic stupid more chaotic. As you might've noticed, the alignment system is not very well implemented.

Most player characters look silly. My druid in his wizard's hat, dark brown breastplate, long cloak and wielding a scimitar and a shield with spikes looks like a cutthroat. His face does not help with dispelling this impression.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

13. - Top - End - #343

Can anyone give me a pointer on NWN2? (See spolier; I wouldn't be very popular if I let everything unravel from saying this.)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm at Crossroad Keep and I've managed to kill the guards in the Courtyard. The wizards are struggling to beat the door down and I've been asked to go find the trapdoor. Any idea where it is? It says in my journal that Vale has given me a rough idea of where it is, but he, er, hasn't. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist

14. - Top - End - #344

I think the alignment system is a victim of multiple-writer syndrome. Some of the alignment checks make perfect sense, others none whatsoever--and sometimes you do blatantly disciplined or free-will, horribly sadistic or saintly things and you get no shift, and sometimes you get 3 lawful points just for telling a truth that wasn't a particularly difficult or dangerous one to tell. No one went through to be sure the different parts were consistent. Also, alignment options are supposed to be scaled, but I don't see that they are.

Dragor: Just look around the courtyard a bit; I think you'll find it.

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker View Post
    I think the alignment system is a victim of multiple-writer syndrome. Some of the alignment checks make perfect sense, others none whatsoever--and sometimes you do blatantly disciplined or free-will, horribly sadistic or saintly things and you get no shift, and sometimes you get 3 lawful points just for telling a truth that wasn't a particularly difficult or dangerous one to tell. No one went through to be sure the different parts were consistent. Also, alignment options are supposed to be scaled, but I don't see that they are.

Dragor: Just look around the courtyard a bit; I think you'll find it.
    Aww, come on Quaker, I seriously can't find it.

From your tone I'm guessing it's in someplace REALLY obvious and I'm going to look a complete buffoon for not seeing it? I'm always like that on RPGs.

--EDIT-- Found it. Just had to go into the world map :O I'm really stupid.
    Last edited by Dragor; 2006-12-30 at 04:02 PM.

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.

16. - Top - End - #346

Glad you found it. And I wasn't meaning to be snarky.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

I have finished it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    keep some anti level drain stuff for everyone, crud on a stick I lost 8 levels in the final fight and I had tiptop saves (all 20-26)
    And it lets creatures with LA +1 or higher reach lvl 20 so, they are worth it in the extreme long run. (if you count gaining three levels in the final fights worth it)

Oh and the really big guy at the very end... he can't fit through the door, this is suprisingly helpful of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Well C i'm back at old owl well... again. stupid saveame disapearing

my current char is a Human Wiz/Eld Kni 5/3... is the "Sword" a longsword?

sort of a change from my pure wiz.

i even picked up the Spellcasting Prodigy feat... (i'm no munchkin... well maybe a bit)
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    my current char is a Human Wiz/Eld Kni 5/3... is the "Sword" a longsword?
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a "Universal Sword" which means anyone can use it... but no-one can specialize in it/no specific weapon feats apply to it. It's a medium slashing weapon. Which basically sucks for monks, duelists, weapon masters, and anyone doing weapon specialization or improved critical.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

T.Y. D.Q.

any other abbreviations i could use?

TTFN.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah what she says...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I found you could use any sword on the blighter... level drain will be even more upsetting to you Mr EK you have been warninated.

Oh AE I will get some copies of Hogfather to you ... I have a list ... it's quite listy
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

22. - Top - End - #352

Glad you found it. And I wasn't meaning to be snarky.
    I didn't say that I was just thinking aloud....

I'm starting to get bored of NWN2 now... and I'm near the end! The bloody spirits won't go where they're supposed to (I.E. to the spirit tree.) They just keep on getting stuck and won't move. Ah well

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragor
    Spoiler
    Show
    The easiest way is to get three at a time and turn the lights off ahead of them and on behind, otherwise they always go the wrong way... oh and you have a ways to go yet matey, you will finish at 20th level... well you'll enter the final battle at 20th at least.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

C i'm up to W/EK 5/5 now...

i'll "borrow" the cloak from one of the party members i'll aquire during the game...

i need a holy undead bane longsword... i can do holy... but undead bane... that'll be difficult
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Can warlocks become Eldritch Knights, or was that martilal profeciancy wasted?
    Oh, who am I kidding. it's nice to have a sword instead of my spear now.
    Nothing but a Nobody

26. - Top - End - #356
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I picked this up a week or so ago and I can not get over how stupid the AI spell use is. Is there a third party patch out there or some such that helps this? I understand that AI isn't perfect, but this is nearly unplayable at times.

If I have the difficulty set so that AoE attacks hurt allies and Qara goes to NPC control for two seconds she constantly drops fireballs on my whole party. My only guess as to why is that she is severely afraid of zombies and would rather burn herself and everyone else alive than to wait two rounds for the thing to die. If you move the slider down one position so that AoE doesn't hurt your party all you've got to do is constantly cast AoE spells on your feet and watch the bodies pile up ...

Aside from the AI and alignment system the game has been fun so far.
    Characters:
    Anton Dreln
    Korvick

27. - Top - End - #357

Archonic: You should be able to craft a weapon of disruption. If you can't find the recipe, there's a huge list of recipes stickied in the NWN2 forums at Bioware.

Sahegian: I have heard many reliably good things about Evenflow's AI, and plan to try it myself. It's available at the Neverwinter Vault.

28. - Top - End - #358

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    I have finished it.
    Right, now send me your computer so I can have a go on it. There's a good chap.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Barbarian in the Playground

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...l.Detail&id=11
    There's the link to the AI mod discussed above. :)

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Archonic: You should be able to craft a weapon of disruption. If you can't find the recipe, there's a huge list of recipes stickied in the NWN2 forums at Bioware.
    Unfortuneatly most are from a user Mod which allows more varied crafting options.

i have looked.

there must be a Disrupition recepie

Admanitite Holy Disrupt

or

holy disrupt +5...
    Spoiler
    Show