Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: nwn 2!

nope. still playing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, funny thing. Level 20 warlock rips the starting areas to pieces.
    So, I got bored with the constant dieing and losing of saved games.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can anyone give me a hand here? I can't enter any server on multiplayer. It loses the connection immidately- even if I turn off my Firewall completely, it still persists. Any pointers?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just I want to play through the campaign with my mates.
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

I had that problem too....

I just got frustrated and gave up on trying multiplayer. If someone gives aid I'd be apreciative too.

5. - Top - End - #425

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    I had that problem too....

I just got frustrated and gave up on trying multiplayer. If someone gives aid I'd be apreciative too.
    Wahey! I'm not alone! That makes me feel good.

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

poke Charity. he hosts our games...

speaking of which C, Friday?
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

NWN veteran here, been playing on role playing persistent worlds (think min-MMOs with strict roleplaying) since the first one came out.

If you have played the previous game you should be familiar with the concept of hackpacks, well, if you wish to play in a module that you do not have on your computer you'll have to download it's walkmeshes in the form of a PWC file, the address should be in the server description, once you download it you should place it in My Documents/NWN 2/PWC and you'll be able to play.

Mind you, there isn't a single good NWN II server out yet, but this awesome one is nearly in the end of development and should be released in a few weeks: www.worldofcharun.net

NWN 2's strength is truly in multiplayer and player made content, but right now it pretty much sucks, it'll take a few patches until it'll become as awesome as the first (and mind you, the first one was released in a worse state)

if you have any more questions feel free to direct them at me.
    Last edited by Grey Paladin; 2007-01-31 at 05:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Paladin View Post
    NWN veteran here, been playing on role playing persistent worlds (think min-MMOs with strict roleplaying) since the first one came out.

If you have played the previous game you should be familiar with the concept of hackpacks, well, if you wish to play in a module that you do not have on your computer you'll have to download it's walkmeshes in the form of a PWC file, the address should be in the server description, once you download it you should place it in My Documents/NWN 2/PWC and you'll be able to play.

Mind you, there isn't a single good NWN II server out yet, but this awesome one is nearly in the end of development and should be released in a few weeks: www.worldofcharun.net

NWN 2's strength is truly in multiplayer and player made content, but right now it pretty much sucks, it'll take a few patches until it'll become as awesome as the first (and mind you, the first one was released in a worse state)

if you have any more questions feel free to direct them at me.
    Ah, right. Thanks, Grey Paladin. I managed to get by just fine without hackpacks on NWN1, so I was wondering where it was all going wrong

--EDIT-- Just checked out the website. All vewwy vewwy interwesting.
    Last edited by Dragor; 2007-02-01 at 02:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

To run the game I mearly had to open the correct port.
    Some/many of the games cannot be joined for a variety of reasons, diferent versions, password only, restrictions on entry et al. Though most tell you why rather than just refuse you entry, download the latest patches and try a couple of different games, if you still can't get onto one I will endeavor to host you on Fri to see if that works.
    I think Fri Today is A OK AE, though I may still be suprised by the wife, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dragor:You're welcome, the need for PWC files is there (as far as I know anyway) because the game now uses normal mapping and thus all modules need to be "baked" before they can be played, baking a module creates the walkmeshes in the form of the PWC file (as well as a bunch of other small nearly meaningless files).

Charity: Thing is, the PWC error is the only one that doesn't tells you why it happens, I trust our fellow users are competent enough to figure out problems they are told how to solve by the game itself.

And you do not need to download any files for modules that you have on your computer, hence why you can play the official campaign with others without needing to download anything save patches.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

C. Bad news. Version 1.4 fixes the monk AC bonus while wearing armour.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432

I recently just started having issues with NWN 2. I'm going from the bonegnasher cave and going to the dwarven stronghold, and all of a sudden the last person listed in the party has stopped following me. Sometimes switching them to puppet mode works and sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if anyone else had that issue or knows how to resolve it. I'm also having issues with multiplayer as someof you are, but I've just been playing the original NWN for that.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom View Post
    I recently just started having issues with NWN 2. I'm going from the bonegnasher cave and going to the dwarven stronghold, and all of a sudden the last person listed in the party has stopped following me. Sometimes switching them to puppet mode works and sometimes it doesn't.
    I've not heard of that one. You might try the Bioware forums (they host the NWN2 MBs even though they're not the devs)--most known issues are reported there somewhere.

Also, as usual--download the latest patch if you haven't and reload the game from before the bug happened. 1.04 just came up recently.

I'm also having issues with multiplayer as someof you are, but I've just been playing the original NWN for that.
    I do not play NWN/NWN2 multiplayer, but from what I've seen, it's probably better to wait to do NWN2 multiplayer until they have some more of the kinks worked out. Obsidian has reported they're working on core gameplay issues first (since they affect both single players, who actually are the majority of NWN players, and multiplayers) before they tackle some of the specific multiplayer problems. You're right to stick to NWN for now.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I recently just started having issues with NWN 2. I'm going from the bonegnasher cave and going to the dwarven stronghold, and all of a sudden the last person listed in the party has stopped following me. Sometimes switching them to puppet mode works and sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering if anyone else had that issue or knows how to resolve it. I'm also having issues with multiplayer as someof you are, but I've just been playing the original NWN for that.
    I had this problem: going to the tavern fixed it, I have no idea what causes it, but it hasn't to have shown up since then.

15. - Top - End - #435

anyone know of any decent modules for the game? The one that comes with NWN really sucks.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

16. - Top - End - #436

anyone know of any decent modules for the game? The one that comes with NWN really sucks.
    There's supposed to be a few out, and Planescape: Purgatorio is on its way. Check the Vaults.

It's gonna be awhile till there are a lot though... especially since the Toolset is a bit buggy still--and the good ones are going to take a long time to develop anyway. It's a new game, give it time.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

are Mordons going to be in it?
    and Demi-Liches?
    and a immortal who cannot remember his past?

i can't wait till some good PWs or MODs come out
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    are Mordons going to be in it?
    and Demi-Liches?
    and a immortal who cannot remember his past?
    Can't say for sure, but none are in screenshots. And to more broadly answer your question, no, it's not a sequel to Torment.

I did very plainly see in one of their screenshots a scantily clad tailed tiefling with spiky red hair and dual-wielding blades. Of course, it was probably Kylie the Tout (from the main Planescape setting). But we can dream....

Purgatorio (and its sequels) looks to be awesome. It's supposed to be out within the next few months. Check it out: http://www.roguedao.com

19. - Top - End - #439

If you're in the UK, get the new edition of PC Gamer. There's a good selection of NWN2 mods and modules on there. Plus, a great new RPG coming from BioWare, called Dragon Age. Check it out.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got the game today, when I came back from Olympia actually, unpacked it, got really excited, and much to my despair, found that the CD key had been smudged with water or something. 9 characters are ILLEGIBLE! Now, I got this off of Ebay, so I can't return it to the store, what I am going to try to do is call Tech Support and tell them about the CD key and I hope that I will be able to play. Otherwise, that guy who sold it to me off of Ebay is in trouble! Until then, I can borrow the CD key from a friend.
    Casatar by, who else? Castaras!

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by katonta View Post
    Got the game today, when I came back from Olympia actually, unpacked it, got really excited, and much to my despair, found that the CD key had been smudged with water or something. 9 characters are ILLEGIBLE! Now, I got this off of Ebay, so I can't return it to the store, what I am going to try to do is call Tech Support and tell them about the CD key and I hope that I will be able to play. Otherwise, that guy who sold it to me off of Ebay is in trouble! Until then, I can borrow the CD key from a friend.
    That sucks! Good luck... hope you give the Ebay seller a bad review. There should be something you can at least do about that.

BTW patch 1.05 is in beta and should be fully released within the next couple weeks--you might wait till you resolve this and then download the patch, as it's supposed to add a bunch of new features and improved AI.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fortunately, my friend was willing to let me borrow his CD key. We were planning on giving each other our keys so that we could play LAN, but until I call tech support, that isn't happening.

I'm glad to hear an improvement for the AI is coming. The AI truly does stink to high heavens. One other question, is Neeshka always that nervous around you? I'm a halfling monk and it just seems like she's acting weird.

23. - Top - End - #443

I'm glad to hear an improvement for the AI is coming. The AI truly does stink to high heavens. One other question, is Neeshka always that nervous around you? I'm a halfling monk and it just seems like she's acting weird.
    Not sure what you mean by nervous. There's a couple of story-related situations where she behaves appropriately wigged out (she doesn't like the cave full of dead people. I wouldn't either!). Otherwise she's usually fairly confident. I imagine if she's being "nervous" it's to do with the particular place you are. The companions' interactions with you don't overall vary much, beyond the effect some influence checks have.

Maybe if you have low influence with her she acts more edgy? But I doubt the conversation scripting is that complex.

As for AI issues in general, I find it's helpful to put people on puppet mode and control them directly if necessary. But the new patch is putting in a version of Even's AI, which a lot of players I've heard are quite happy with.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

When I first met her, she acted as if she had a crush, or something, on me. She acts very surprised and keeps switching whether she wants to steal from me or be my best friend, almost as if she doesn't know how to act or as if she is faced with something that she hasn't seen before. Probably because she's a tiefling but still.

25. - Top - End - #445

When I first met her, she acted as if she had a crush, or something, on me. She acts very surprised and keeps switching whether she wants to steal from me or be my best friend, almost as if she doesn't know how to act or as if she is faced with something that she hasn't seen before. Probably because she's a tiefling but still.
    That's pretty much it. If you're nice to her, she wants to earn your friendship, but she's familiar with betrayal and isn't sure whether to fully trust you or not. Hence she dives forward to be friendly and then pulls back as if to make the point not to get too close.

It's actually a fairly consistent characterization, if you know the type.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker View Post
    There's supposed to be a few out, and Planescape: Purgatorio is on its way. Check the Vaults.
    A Planescape module? Damn. I might have to get NWN2 after all. Any idea if a GeForce 6200 will run the game?
    The Omnians were a God-fearing people. They had a great deal to fear.
    -Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Om View Post
    A Planescape module? Damn. I might have to get NWN2 after all. Any idea if a GeForce 6200 will run the game?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_2

According to that looks like you need a 6600 at least. Might depend on how well you fulfill the rest of thr reqs.

The Planescape module does look excellent however.

The game's not going to disappear though... take your time in upgrading, I'd say. I really like NWN2 but I knew the game was going to end up needing patching.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_2

According to that looks like you need a 6600 at least. Might depend on how well you fulfill the rest of thr reqs.

The Planescape module does look excellent however.

The game's not going to disappear though... take your time in upgrading, I'd say. I really like NWN2 but I knew the game was going to end up needing patching extensive repairs & major renovation.
    fixed... he he he.

1.05 is out soon...ish yay!

i want Bioware to release a premium module for it & show the boys @ Obsidian how it's supposed to be done...

and an add-on pack with epic levels.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    i want Bioware to release a premium module for it & show the boys @ Obsidian how it's supposed to be done...
    Um.... Bioware's OC wasn't all that great. I played it and liked it, but Obsidian's OC is overall a lot more engaging.

The trick is, just as with each expansion and module, Bioware improved upon themselves... Obsidian's got to live up to even higher standards now. I wish them luck.

and an add-on pack with epic levels.
    I am sure that as long as Atari funds an expansion pack we'll get that when it comes out.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

The game's not going to disappear though... take your time in upgrading, I'd say. I really like NWN2 but I knew the game was going to end up needing patching.
    Yeah that was my original plan... then I saw the Planescape module. Meh. I can wait.
    The Omnians were a God-fearing people. They had a great deal to fear.
    -Terry Pratchett