New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: nwn2

Quote Originally Posted by That Lanky Bugger
    Not a chance in hell, not unless there are significant changes to the engine. I don't care if it's a shift towards a more rules-set based engine or a shift towards more live action. The current mix and match engine strikes me as a poor man's RPG and a poor man's action game all rolled into one.

While the toolset certainly struck me as impressive way of building your own world, the engine on which the toolset runs is lackluster. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were better planned.
    They have been moving the game engine, it's called Electron now, and it's updated to Shader 2.0 graphics (mostly for dynamic lighting and particles), the items and characters are tintable and scalable, giving much more variety to them. Outdoors is wholly different, allowing for smooth elevation changes, rolling hills, etc. The toolset is also supposed to be greatly improved, the helpers like the quest wizard and NPC-construction wizard will be added to and other helpers like them used as well. Another great fix is the modal interface is gone, meaning you can have a script, a dialogue tree and an item property all open at once.

Basically it sounds totally awesome, and I plan on building a new PC soon so I can play it at its max settings.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: nwn 2!

I've played through the original NWN twice. Once as a druid and once as a wizard/rogue. I thought the wizard/rogue class was too easy. Take the monk people! Even the final fight was easy. The hardest boss was the evil cleric Dester(?) at the end of the first chapter.

I hope NWN2 has a more rewarding options than the first. You could make 'evil' decisions in the first game but it really didn't mean too much. What if I did want to join up with Airbeth and destroy Neverwinter? It would have been fun. I know thats a lot of additional programming but...

I am super excited about this game...as I've already posted twice. :)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos
    On easy, maybe. Of course, you can't get a henchman until after the prologue (which is what I was calling the first level, silly me). On harder difficulties, it can be very annoying, especially if you get hit with a magic missle, or the prison's sorcerer's fireball (which can wipe you out even on easy).
    I played on Hardcore difficulty. You get one of your fellow students as a temp prologue-only henchman in the prologue, so that's not an issue. The prison sorcerer's fireball is indeed a nasty thing to deal with, but that goes for any class, and I'm pretty sure both Tomi (my usual henchman choice) and your familiar have evasion by then.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

*sigh*

My current PC barely runs NWN 1 on the lower settings. In order to run NWN 2, I will have to buy a brand new PC. I think the only components I'll be able to keep are my sound card and case (and well, network card, of course). Everything else will have to be exchanged. And THAT'S a pretty penny that I simply don't have.

*double sigh*
    Similes are like metaphors.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

For me the game was for some reason the easiest with a sorcerer. Dunno why... maybe the sheer blasting power? And that was even before I discovered the lure of metamagic. ;D

And then there was the time the game glitched in the third act and suddenly I had 256 fireballs to play with... *glee*

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

For NWN 1, I played the original campaign, both boxed expansions, and all the premium downloadable modules (all neatly wrapped up in the new diamond edition now) and spent a LOT of time online with some persistant worlds, as well as running a few games online as a DM. It was great.

I am hoping that NWN2 brings back the community to the game, as the original went pretty strong till sometime around mid-2005, now the online presence has dwindled significantly, and I can no longer get my gaming friends to play NWN.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll probably wait a few months until

1. All the showstopper bugs get fixed.
    2. Decent mods are created.
    3. I get a better computer.

I could probably run it, but the first reason is my biggest reason. I just don't trust Bioware/Obsidian to release a game without a load of bugs coming out the door.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

Absolutely getting it at the earliest opportunity.
    I know our ancient history, King Arthurs and Sir Caradocs
    I answer hard acrostychs and have a taste for Paradox

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Just as an FYi.

The game was pushed back and is now scheuled to be released in September.
    Play NwN? Planning on getting NwN2?Then check out my multiplayer mod: www.noreshia.com Rper's welcome!

10. - Top - End - #40

RedWizardGuy

I plan to get it, but I might wait 'til the holidays in order to figure out my schedule after school and on the weekends.

I look forward to starting out as a tough nobody (well, as much as someone with a PC class can be ;)) in a town of tough people. Also, the official site says that there will be a new class option: the Warlock. I may have to give that a try ;D
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

“Mr. Greenhilt, we do things ‘by the book’ around here – and it just so happens that the book in question is 100 feet tall and alight with holy fire…”

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

September, eh? Oh yes, I'll definitely have a new computer by then (my old steam-powered one barely runs Roller Coaster Tycoon 3).

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

12. - Top - End - #42

Wish they'd release more information about it.
    Your Fighter wants to Learn Reaving Strike...Which Move would you delete?

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueKnightGuy

They best make the Forgotten Realms elves the right height for a change. Really bugs me how they're always portrayed as the standard short elves... when they're not.

And I don't even LIKE the Forgotten Realms...
    I hate quotations. Tell me what you know - Ralph Waldo Emerson

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Behold_the_Void
    I'll probably pick it up at some point. Access to psionic characters would ensure that that point is sooner, of course, but nobody loves psionics.
    Adam Miller, who created one of the top module series for the original NWN, is already working on (prototyping it in the NWN1 engine) a series of modules for NWN2 featuring psionics. Also pirates. So while you won't be able to see it in the main game, that should at least give you a taste.

He's done an interview about it.

15. - Top - End - #45

Some videos about NWN2 have been added to ign

I like what I see.
    NWN2 Vids
    Proud Member of the Roy Fanclub

16. - Top - End - #46
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheTormented
    Just as an FYi.

The game was pushed back and is now scheuled to be released in September.
    Where'd you hear this? The official Web site and the fan-made FAQ both still say Summer 2006 or thereabouts.

That said, I don't really mind. I'd rather them playtest it be sure it's solid and come out late than force it to come out on time and buggy ("Temple of Elemental Evil" or "Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor" anyone?)

Oh yeah, and I am SO getting this when it comes out. I'm psyched--especially since some of the writers were the ones that worked on Planescape: Torment.

And I might even try my hand at module building (though I really have no skill scripting/programming so I don't know if I'll be able to pick it up or not. I never quite got the knack of it with the first NWN, but the toolset's supposed to be more user-friendly this time around).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

It's a direct quote from the NwN2 community manager that works for Obsidian Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickShane
    While the official press release does not go out until tomorrow, I promised I'd have some big news this week that has been asked many, many times.

The official release date for NWN2 is September 2006.

There you have it!
    Play NwN? Planning on getting NwN2?Then check out my multiplayer mod: www.noreshia.com Rper's welcome!

18. - Top - End - #48
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

It's a direct quote from the NwN2 community manager that works for Obsidian Entertainment.
    Do you have a link?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #50
    DeathQuaker
    Guest in the Playground

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=477040&forum=95
    AH! Thank you very much. :) Good, that gives me time to have a life for a little while.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Besides, hopefully with that added amount of time they can get the bugs out of it, unlike what happened in KOTOR2 (which in my opinion would've been a great game....if it were finished)
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Does anyone know if NWN2 will still be top-down 3/4 view? Or will they finally add in the First-person perspective (like so many mods did for NWN1)?

I have seen cut-scenes go to FP, but not sure if actual game play is stuck with 3/4 view.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

It... Is...MINE! I wants it... It is my preeeecioooous, seriously, i just replayed NWN1, NWN HOU, Witches Wake, Shadow Guard and Kingmaker, and am almost finished act 1 of SOU, This has to be the second or third time i have finished these, and it is not uncommon to see over 5 or 6 highest lv prestige class characters in my files :P My best would be my ranger/rangerprestiege, she fires 4 arrows a turn[without rapid shot], does hellish damage and absolutly rules this world.

24. - Top - End - #54

So umm...has an actual date been set for its release yet?

25. - Top - End - #55

I asked the guys at EB, and they said the day they were getting the game in was September 19th. Their words, not mine, so reader beware. I don't really have anything to back it up.
    Also, the date might vary from store to store.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kleedrac
    Absolutely not. The only reason I bought the first game was to support their decision to port to Linux. The fact that they're not porting the sequel means myself and quite some others are avoiding it like the plague. That being said, I wish they would port it as I didn't mind the first one and the online community was pretty descent.
    Yeah, no Mac version is similar, though I heard it was coming out fairly soon...
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

My GPA was slipping at the end of last year, and this game is going to absolutely devastate it.
    What I want is some differentiation (sp?) between types of clerics, like they had in IWD2 and BG2. In NWN you just picked your domains, any you wanted from the list, and typed in your deity. This really disapointed me. I love clerics, but they made them so generic. Maybe that will be bette this time.
    Puritan Humor
    Two men walk into a bar.
    They go to hell.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

If you free up camera control in NWN1 you can go into FP view if you feel like it.

I personally will likely preorder this game(which I never bother doing)

I actually popped HotU in this weekend and played through acts two and three again...there may be nothing more fun than the battle in the Seer's camp at the end of act two directing all the troops rocks

Ended up with a dwarven fighter weapon master that dual weilded longswords...seems like almost every hit was a critical...I didnt even end up using a heal pot when I fought Mephisopales at the end (ok ok so I cheated and created a one screen mod where I can drop items and make myself awesome gear...resting gets annoying the 18th time through the game. ;D

(its also fun to be able to cast, hammer of the gods and dragon knight unlimited times per day as a melee toon)

29. - Top - End - #59

Decided that this topic needed some fresh meat added to it. They have released what the Races, Classes, and Prestige Classes are going to look like.

I was just wondering if anyone had any builds in mind.

I'm debating whether or not I want to go with an Aasimar, or Half-Elf Fighter/Paladin/Divine Champion. What do you guys and girls think?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

Races: I see they have Sun Elves with a bonus to Int. So... Sun Elf Wizard. If the rest system is anything like NWN, I shall be a god among mortals after a few levels.

Otherwise, I'll also wait a fair while to let other people test the game for me. Given that it's not Bioware making this game but Obsidian Entertainment, I have strong reservations about the main campaign being worth playing - not because of any inherent lack of skill on Obsidian's part, but because Kotor II showed that they're willing to buckle under pressure, slap together a crappy ending and ship the product before it's done. I hope that doesn't come up with NWN2, but I'll wait to find out from others.