New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXI

((The thing is, the people who are that powerful don't use it as a rule, unless they have to. They scale their power down to fit an encounter.

And they certainly don't go around blowing up a tavern and everyone in it just for kicks. They might do it for the evils, but not just to have a barfight.

There's plenty of room for low-powered characaters in the Nexus. *points at Morty's*))
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-10-14 at 11:44 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Sounds funky. Chumley hops up, remembers she can't pay for her beer, and mutters something along the lines of Erm, shall we continue this conversation outside? Then she bolts.

((Wanna skip straight to GLoG?))
    ((Sure.))

Chris notices her bolting. "...What?"

He then hurries after her. A plot-clone is left behind.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground

(Yeah, that's true I guess. The main reason this happened was because Riv grafted part of THAT CAT to himself, otherwise he'd have not only died eight times already, but not gone around killing people in the first place. I honestly prefered him as a inept pyromaniac inventor. Also, because I honestly don't want to win this I'll just outrighr say what I've been hinting at. SHOOT THE FREAKING GRENADES!)
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    You've made your point, now I'll make mine. I did not attacl your friend, he attacked a sentient creature and tried to kill ot, so I stopped him, setting him on fire was merely a way to wake him up so w could finiah or duel. That is all. As for needless violence? To bad, it's fun, I like deatroying buildings, I like causing havoc and I like making things go boom. And I have never once killed anyone. You on the other hand shot me through the brain eithout even asking why I was doing what I was doing. In short? You're a dead man.

With this Riv raises his gun to his shoulder, aims at Tobias, and fires, the bullet splitting into 64 before it leaves the barrel, accompanied by a rayof superheated particles moving at the speed of light.

(Come on! Counter with something equally awesome!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Programmer
    And now, you have.
    There isn't enough time for him to speak. Not enough time for him to dodge. Not even enough time for him to pull the trigger of his own weapon.

Fast as light bullets tear through his flesh like paper mache, creating a fine paste out of his torso.

The lower half of his body hits the floor first, blood spilling out with the remains of his organs, sliding along the floor like wet sacks of mud.

His top half, still connected to his spine, shows no comprehension of the horrid fate he has just experienced, still clutching tightly to his unfired gun, spine sticking out from his neck, fragments of bone cracking off.

Then...he vanishes.

His entire body seems to fade into an obscure shape, at first a bright white formless light, then a fading grey, fading into a black, then disappearing, as if it had never been there.

The bartender steps out from behind the counter, casually wiping fragments of metal off of his shirt.

"Now sir, if you have satisfied your bloodlust, I would greatly appreciate it if you would vacate the premesis. We have quite a bit of cleaning up after you and your friend's mutual "fun"."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Val, meanwhile, sits up, as a SEP field clicks on around her, and she takes a seat at a table to wait on Captain Tobias to join her.

((Sorry, but not all of us want to have to have our characters be OMGWTFBBQ in order to survive.))
    Fading in, in a reverse nature of his death but now fully intact, Tobias appears, sitting across from Val.

He gives her the universal signal of putting one's finger up to one's lips, as a hint to be as silent as possible so as not to draw attention, unaware of the field set around them to prevent any detection by anyone present.

((Incidentally, if you want a player to get a hint you are trying to deliver during battle so that the character does not simply die outright, you should PM them explaining that hint if it is apparent they are not getting it.

I certainly didn't see any hint of that. And if it was there, I think other players trying to fight Riv would have seen it too.

I know that Tobias instigated the fight with his first shot, for which I am sorry because I honestly misunderstood your character's ability to sustain damage, and offered to rewrite based on that.

In the future though, I think that if this character really does have the power of regeneration, he ought to be at least an S-ranked character now. Which, admittedly, might not be fun...<.<; so maybe you need to work out some way to alter him so that you could go back to the way he was before?

Either way, I hope that this conclusion satisfies you. ^^; I know it's a little odd and a little bit different, but well...that's me. <.<;))
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-10-15 at 12:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Pixie in the Playground

Alexander sighs, "When there is a mess, I am generally the guy to clean it up. But when I find the guy who did this, I better draft him. He has real potential at obliterating things and that skill is highly valued in my field." Alexander takes tools from his rucksack and begins to repair the bar, muttering inaudible phrases to himself (he is a mechanical engineer or simply mechanist).

6. - Top - End - #1176

Riv stares at the organs on the walls, at his gun, then at the organs. Yuck. With this he vanishes in a burst of light.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

Cosmo grumbles and goes to fetch a mop.

Val, for her part, quickly slides her chair over and tries to give Captain Tobias the tightest hug of his life!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Halfling in the Playground

While the new guy starts repairing the tavern by hand, one of the serving staff presses the fix-it button, instantly repairing the tavern. Sorry Alexander, but this happens so often that for the sake of business, they had to find the quickest way possible to repair the tavern.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Cosmo grumbles and goes to fetch a mop.

Val, for her part, quickly slides her chair over and tries to give Captain Tobias the tightest hug of his life!
    Tobias, for his part, returns an equally tight hug, squeezing her as close as he can.

"...Val, never let me shoot a godlike man in the back ever again. Even if he did set a man on fire, that was just STUPID of me."

"...thank you for the help though...don't think I could've survived without it."
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Pixie in the Playground

Alexander speaks to the person holding a mop, "So what is your name? And the same question to you good sir who fixes this bar like he has the aid of magic."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2010-10-15 at 12:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

"I will. And, hey, it's the least I could do. As your first mate, and..."
    Val trails off...and tries to give the Captain a soft, yet expressive, kiss.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

"And wha-"

His words are interrupted, though he hasn't got many to share right now, his focus entirely on the soft little lips pressing against his own.

His eyes shut naturally by themselves, disbelieving what he sees before him.

His lips, however, are a little more inclined to join in, pressing back against Val's...

And then his arms, feeling the need to express their opinion on the matter, wrap around Val's body, one just above her hips, the other around her shoulders, turning the soft, highly expressive kiss considerably less soft than it had begun.

At which point, a voice clears itself behind them. Well no...actually it is just the sound of a voice being cleared, but it is very, very similar.

The NPC bartender is standing directly in front of the two, looking expectant.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Pixie in the Playground

Alexander exits the bar simply by walking out the door after paying for his drinks. He has an appointment in another area at this time...

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Val reluctantly pulls back, giving the bartender a sheepish look.
    "Sorry," she says, giggling, then blushes and looks at Captain Tobias. "I'm so glad you're alright..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

"As am I Val, or else I couldn't have seen you again." He smiles at her, and shoots the Bartender a dirty look, ruined somewhat by his beaming grin.

"Somethin' you want, mister?"

"Oh, well it's not about your display of affection if that's what you thought. Though I would keep it at least somewhat conservative. There are those who like to play their characters without seeing romantic entanglements pop u in front of their eyes. >

"Occasionally. I simply wanted to warn you to NOT make a habit of getting into such deadly situations. I will not always be around to set your sprite for regeneration, Tobias."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

Val nods, and looks at the bartender curiously, the fourth-wall-ish discussion flying waaaaaaay over her head.

Since she comes from a world that is basically "the Nexus becomes the real world after a very long time passes", she doesn't catch on too well. To her, it's all real.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1187

(( I hate the 6 time zones between us, my action to save Tobias where ignored and I coudn't even react in the fight))

I think there was a scan at some point: You scan a human, left arm consist of an unknown metal, part of his left side, too and inside his shoulder you notice a source of magical power.

Andy sit down near Tobias, he try to avoid Tobias and Vals view, cause they seem happy. He himself is badly injured. Only his left arm seems ok, if the fact that his arm now consist of green metall plates. He waits a few minutes until he knows that Tobias is ready to talk to someone other than Val.

"Captain do you know how I can enter the arena I have to make a talk with the mad scientist."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    You're only offended because it's true. You wouldn't even accept the duel I proposed to limit destruction until I threatened innocents. Besides, I don't break oaths, cause destruction and choas for LOLz, yes. Attack people for annoying me, yes. Cheat every chance I get, yes. Break an oath? Never.
    "...and that's a good thing?" she said incredulously. "What kind of psychotic madman values an oath above life and freedom?"

Moments later, she realizes it's long gone, and scowls. She spends a minute or so changing personas, and tries to work out a mass ressurrection spell for those poor, poor NPCs.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Dorotha undeadtimes next to Crissy. Unless her friend and Kevin went off to Taverna Generica while she was deadtimed, in which case she went along.

Wenomir is still by the bar, surprisingly non-plussed by the barfight.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1190

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Moments later, she realizes it's long gone, and scowls. She spends a minute or so changing personas, and tries to work out a mass ressurrection spell for those poor, poor NPCs.
    Andy head to Emily after he saw her cast the ressurrection spell.

"Excuse me Miss. My name is Andreas Emerald ..."
    He try to give her a handkiss, but the pain of his wound let him fall on the roof.
    He grap into the inside of his coat drawing a toll to remove his left hand. Then he used it as a assistent to help him stand up.
    "Excuse me, again, but I saw you caste a spell to bring the death one back to life maybe you could help me, too?"

Andy status: The bullets from the mad sience hit him near everywhere, but they hit no vital point.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

Val nods, and looks at the bartender curiously, the fourth-wall-ish discussion flying waaaaaaay over her head.

Since she comes from a world that is basically "the Nexus becomes the real world after a very long time passes", she doesn't catch on too well. To her, it's all real.
    Tobias doesn't exactly understand what is going on either.

He looks at Val for support, but sees in her eyes that she is JUST as confused as he is, so he looks back.

"...Can't say I understand what happened...one moment feels like the fastest theater of life I've ever seen, the second I'm sitting here next to Val. But...thank you, if this was your doing."

"It was. Now if you'll excuse me, I have customers to attend to. Do enjoy the rest of your evening"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    (( I hate the 6 time zones between us, my action to save Tobias where ignored and I coudn't even react in the fight))

I think there was a scan at some point: You scan a human, left arm consist of an unknown metal, part of his left side, too and inside his shoulder you notice a source of magical power.

Andy sit down near Tobias, he try to avoid Tobias and Vals view, cause they seem happy. He himself is badly injured. Only his left arm seems ok, if the fact that his arm now consist of green metall plates. He waits a few minutes until he knows that Tobias is ready to talk to someone other than Val.

"Captain do you know how I can enter the arena I have to make a talk with the mad scientist."
    (That is the crux of any problem behind Forum-based RPing. I'm online right now, but you are not. Either I wait for you to post, or I post for someone who is online. Either way, I miss the chance to play with someone unless you both join the plot thread at once.

It gets..confusing. <.<; ))

Tobias begins to answer him, but notices that he is now asking Emily a question as well, so he allows her to answer first.

...While showing his appreciation to Val again with a kiss on the cheek.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Emily was panting slowly.
    "...hm?" she said, dazily. "Oh. Are you hurt?"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

23. - Top - End - #1193

"Ah yes isn't it obviously?"

I think I discribed it wrong so I do it the old DnD way. Andy has only 1 in words one Hitpoint left.

*Now I deadtime until tonight it is friday and I will stay be back in some hour in the mid of the night*
    Last edited by Zefir; 2010-10-15 at 09:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1194

A AMEN minion walks into the bar and holds a note out to Emily.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrew, a man dressed in black, walks in and looks around. He orders some bread and goes over and gives it to what seems like a hungry man. The man thanks him and starts to eat it.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Emily blinks, reading the note.

27. - Top - End - #1197

The arena. Make sure your affairs are in order.

Yours Truely, Riv Mad Scientist Extraordinaire. Death-Rays A Specialty, 50% Percent Off Resurrections During Thunderstorms.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

She growled, and vanished with a flash of energy. Where she was, a symbol appeared, like a single road splitting into five, each path becoming five more, on and on into infinity.

(What thread?)

29. - Top - End - #1199

(Crazy Ol' Magtok's Arena of Terror)

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrew blinks at the flash of light but shrugs.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters