Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 672
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Your captivity has been long, and harsh. For the first few months, it was merely dark, little food, and beatings for any perceived insubordination. It never grew to be better. Now you are allowed out only under strict guard, to tend to farmland that is just outside the walls. Escape is near impossible during these outings, and many of you have tried and failed.

    You know that the Festival of the Hunt has begun, the Rus that are holding you in Ruthorn speaking highly of it and almost lording it over you that they are able to freely worship and do as they please.

    Then it happened. A chorus of warning horns sounded above the din of the feast. Even locked in your shackles you could hear the crash and clatter of weaponry and shield from the middle of the city. The battle is not visible, as the Prisoner quarters have no windows.

    The battle has just begun, and already the sounds approach, screaming, battle cries and the sound of rushing footsteps are heard through the walls of your quarters, and soon you hear them approaching the small wing of the city you are kept in.


    (Here is a map of the small wing you are in. Everyone is chained up in the left hand prisoners quarters, and can only guess about the battle at this point, though it certainly approaches. Feel free to do a sort of Intro and post up a position, along the wall at least ten feet from the door)

    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar stands in the middle of the room, facing the door. The tall, blond warrior continues to struggle to break his manacles, to no avail. His blue-eyed gaze is directed at the door, as though willing it to open. "Bah, if only my hands were free!" he grumbles for the umpteenth time. He glances at the other prisoners. "Flank the doors! They will come for us soon. I will not simply lie here and wait to die like some Rus!
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    From the corner next to the door a blonde, heavily built man looks up when Gunnar speaks. He smiles towards the warrior from where he sits, his back against the wall.
    "I do not think that any of us will simply roll over and die here, my friend. If you can figure out a way to get me out of these chains I'll be forever grateful. The spirits are avoiding me while I'm wearing these." He looks with disgust at the silvery chains that hold him. The metal is covered in runes which occasionally glow red as Fengr tries to use his powers.
    "This battle might give us the opening we need. Just remember to work together and we'll get out of here."
    The young man stands, absentmindedly tugging the chains while studying the door, waiting for the battle to reach them.
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2010-10-05 at 05:05 AM.
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    A heavyset man with black hair raises his head and listens: "Seems like we finally get a chance."

    He starts drawing something on the ground with his fingers, scatching it into the hard floor, right in front of his feet. It looks like a weapon, some kind of axe, with a heavy blade. "Let's see if this works here."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Valgard tries to inscribe a Power Rune 'Weapon' into the ground. He does not need anything to do it so it should work unless this ability is somehow blocked.

    Description: Any individual may touch this rune to pull a standard weapon from it. This weapon may be any simple or martial weapon. As soon as that individual holds another weapon of any type (including one from the rune) the first disappears.
    Last edited by Simba; 2010-10-05 at 08:35 AM.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your power rune: Weapon is ineffective at present, but you were able to scribe the correct rune into the wood. If you chains are somehow removed you will be able to activate it as normal

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tichrondrius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Kjersti Grimsdottir

    The beautiful but wild young woman pulled against her chains trying, in vain, to break them with sheer might. She made a sound like a tiger caged as she pulled against them with all of her power, looking ever much like the savage she was.

    "..that isn't working.." She mumbled, more to herself, as she strained against the chains. One of her ears twitched as she listened to the sounds of battle raging not far from the cells. Kjersti longed to be out there in the midst of it.

    "That should be me they're screaming about."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    "Ok, the rune itself worked, once I get out if these chains one of you can grab a weapon from it. Maybe we can break the chains together?"

    Valgard walks over to Gunnar and offers his help with removing the chain from the wall: "Let's try this together."
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar nods as he grips the chain tightly in both hands. Letting Valgard grab hold as well, the warrior pulls with all his strength, trying to rip the chain from the wall.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check (1d20+3)[18]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar gives a mighty tug at his bonds, but even with help from Valgard the effort only serves to tire their arms. The chains creak and strain but remain completely intact.

    The sound of fighting outside grows closer to the prisoners quarters, the ring of steel on steel coming from directly outside the walls, obviously some of the fighting has spilled over into this small wing of the city.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Now would be a very good time for the gods to show some love for their children"
    Mutters Fengr as he studies the failed attempt to break through the chains.
    "What if we all try? These chains can't be indestructible and no one will notice if we make some noise right now, they're to busy to fight anyway.
    He walks awkwardly towards Gunnar, hindered by his own chains.
    "Right, come on everybody, if we do nothing we'll never get out of here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[9] Str check to aid another.
    EDIT: Well, that was for nothing then
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2010-10-06 at 08:22 AM.
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    Valgard keeps helping in any atempts to break the chains.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Nodding in agreement, Gunnar tries once more to dislodge the chain.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check (1d20+3)[19]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Her movement is difficult given the damned chainshirt all but binding into the threadbare garments the matronly druid was forced into, her connection with nature severed. The connection to the strength in her arms is still around so Aldi tries what she can to contribute, throwing her weight into her own tugging.

    "Who could be attacking our captors?" she grunts, pulling harder, "Allies from home? That damned dark lord we heard about so long ago?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: (1d20+1)[2]
    "It's always baffling to me that history seems to be full of rich folks paying people to get really good at killing other people, then being surprised when those people, after not being paid, try to kill them instead."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    After sitting quitely and listening, Ford decides to see what he can do about his manacles. it wouldn't be the first time hes broken a pair. he begins fidgeting and straining to no avail. he walks over to the ring that attackes the chain to the wall and begins smashing the manacles against that for a couple of minutes.

    *Grunt*

    Ford takes several deep breaths, lets out a mighty bellow and begins furiously thrashing about like a wild animal.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage: 10 rounds
    AC=10
    Str=24
    HP=54/54
    OOC: alternating between attempting to break the manacles and tear the chain from the wall


    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check to tear the chain from the wall
    +7 (str), +1 (trait)
    (1d20+8)[24]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tichrondrius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Kjersti Grimsdottir

    Bristling with barely controlled fury, she notices what the rest are doing and tries to help at least one of them get free before they work on the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12] to aid another. ^.^

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    "Now would be a very good time for the gods to show some love for their children"
    Mutters Fengr as he studies the failed attempt to break through the chains.
    "What if we all try? These chains can't be indestructible and no one will notice if we make some noise right now, they're to busy to fight anyway.
    He walks awkwardly towards Gunnar, hindered by his own chains.
    "Right, come on everybody, if we do nothing we'll never get out of here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Str check to aid another.
    EDIT: Well, that was for nothing then
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Valgard

    Valgard keeps helping in any atempts to break the chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Nodding in agreement, Gunnar tries once more to dislodge the chain.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Her movement is difficult given the damned chainshirt all but binding into the threadbare garments the matronly druid was forced into, her connection with nature severed. The connection to the strength in her arms is still around so Aldi tries what she can to contribute, throwing her weight into her own tugging.

    "Who could be attacking our captors?" she grunts, pulling harder, "Allies from home? That damned dark lord we heard about so long ago?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerjoe View Post
    Ford

    After sitting quitely and listening, Ford decides to see what he can do about his manacles. it wouldn't be the first time hes broken a pair. he begins fidgeting and straining to no avail. he walks over to the ring that attackes the chain to the wall and begins smashing the manacles against that for a couple of minutes.

    *Grunt*

    Ford takes several deep breaths, lets out a mighty bellow and begins furiously thrashing about like a wild animal.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage: 10 rounds
    AC=10
    Str=24
    HP=54/54
    OOC: alternating between attempting to break the manacles and tear the chain from the wall


    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check to tear the chain from the wall
    +7 (str), +1 (trait)
    [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tichrondrius View Post
    Kjersti Grimsdottir

    Bristling with barely controlled fury, she notices what the rest are doing and tries to help at least one of them get free before they work on the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] to aid another. ^.^

    Unfortunately, the chains resist all attempts to be broken thus far. The fighting is sparse, but can be heard directly outside of the surrounding buildings. There is a crash against the wall of your building, and then the sound of more fighting. The Door to your building flies open, part of it splintered by a large axe. Two men fly into the room, the man with the axe is another Ru, a neighboring tribe that is hostile towards the denizens of Ruthorn. He cleaves the guards head in twain with his axe and stands, surveying you all. He grunts and slams his axe into Fords chain, snapping it from the wall, and then swings and snaps Valgaards chain as well. He grins. and shouts:

    "Help us Destroy these bastards!"

    He turns in his blood lust to the door and a thrown spear sinks into his chest, and sprouts out his back. He howls in rage and crumples to the ground dead. The headless corpse in front of you is armed with three daggers, a longsword and a heavy wooden shield. The dead man with arrows in his chest was armed with a greataxe and has three hand axes on his belt.

    Out the door you can see the other Prisoners Quarters has been opened in a similar fashion, and the men there are pouring out, and being slaughtered. You notice they are trying to arm themselves and are having a hard time handling the sparse guards left.

    Another thing to note, the headless corpse has the key ring commonly used on your manacles hanging from his belt.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-10-06 at 01:40 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford staggers forward as his chain is broken. still stuggling with his manacles he stumbles into a wall.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage round 2/10
    Strength Check to break manacles
    (1d20+8)[21]


    After hitting his head on the wall, Ford regins his composure. still in a wordless rage he turns to the group continuing to struggle with his manacles to no avail.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-10-06 at 04:03 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Looking at the door, and then the headless guard, Fengr hobbles across the floor and picks up the keys.
    "I swear, these chains are getting tighter and tighter. Lets just hope that this thrice cursed rus indeed carried the keys to our cell"
    While the first key doesn't fit to his lock, nor the second, the third does and within seconds the silver chains fall off Fengr's body, allowing him to once again call upon the spirits of his homeland.
    "Finally!"
    He feels a surge of power, and his eyes flare blue for a moment as his soulmelds form over his body. His face is covered by a blue tinged, slightly transparent mask depicting a a dragon like creature and behind him the head of a wolf seems to hover, fangs bared. A fur of some sort forms to cover his upper body, almost like the bear hides worn by the berserkers of legend. Then, blue mist seems to evaporate from his body, gathering around his torso before taking the shape of two arms, just below his real ones. Claws grow out from his fingers, and a ghostlike hand replaces the one he sacrificed many years ago.
    Grinning wide and with eyes blazing Fengr throws the keys to his companions.
    "Free yourselves, it is time to go hunting!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that the keys fit now, as you implied that in your OOC post Cleavon. If I'm wrong I'll edit accordingly
    Initiative (1d20+1)[10]
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2010-10-06 at 05:39 PM.
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The keys do indeed fit Fengrs manacles, and the other keys on the ring would logically unlock the rest of you.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar grabs the keys out of the air and swiftly unlocks his chains, then tosses the keys to someone else. Dashing forward towards the door, the barbarian takes cover by the wall, peering out to assess the situation. He reaches forward and takes hold of the greataxe, claiming it for himself.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (1d20)[12]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Aldi scrambles for the keys; the weapons are of little use to her compared to something more vital, more natural. She's eager to free her arms but with her first free tug on the chain shirt, she realizes something..."One of you lunks help me out of this rusted bodice before it becomes part of my skin! I need to be able to cast spells as soon as possible.
    "It's always baffling to me that history seems to be full of rich folks paying people to get really good at killing other people, then being surprised when those people, after not being paid, try to kill them instead."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar
    Spoiler
    Show


    You see several dead Prisoners, who had been freed from the other quarters. The enemies labeled B1-4 are barbarian grunts that you have seen around Ruthorn many times. The Enemies labeled W and N are two over seers whose faces you know, both are barbarians one wears wolf furs and the other wears the furs of a bear. Both are instructing the lackey barbarians to not allow any prisoners to escape.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    Valgard frees himself once he gets the keys, then takes one of the daggers to free Aldi.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar speaks over his shoulder, letting the others know what he's seen. He grips the greataxe tightly as he grins wolfishly at the others. "Odin has delivered our chance for vengenance, but its up to us to take it. What do you say brothers and sisters?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tichrondrius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Kjersti Grimsdottir

    Kjersti is the next to take the keys, unlocking her chains quickly and leaning down next to the man who sacrificed his life to free them. "Whatever your motivation, thank you, my friend." She spoke softly, removing two Handaxes from his belt with a gleam in her eye.

    "I say we take it with full lust of battle. Whether we die here or not, we'll at least make them know they have faced the sons and daughters of Odin." She tightened her grip on her new Handaxes. "And if we should fall, may we taste the sweet nectar of the afterlife. I'll see you in Valhalla."

    Kicking aside remains of the door, Kjersti stepped outside and looked for the nearest person with arrows. Someone was going to pay, and killing the person who rescued them was justification enough.

    "For Odion! For Tyr!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[9]
    Spot Spot Spot the Guy: (1d20+6)[24]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford, looking angry and confused, picks up the end of his chain. doubled over, it is about 2-3 feet long. he storms out the door and charges the nearest enemy with it.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    Once Aldi is free of his chains Valgard activates his rune and picks up what looks like a waraxe typically used by dwarves. Waiting for Aldi to be ready, he coordinates his exit from the prison building with that of the druid.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Sweet freedom... I don't suppose you can conjure bow and arrows?" she asks of Valgard, appropriating the dagger from him long enough to pull the spear out of the corpse of their liberator. It's a job she doesn't seem too aghast at performing, as she grips its bloodied half with the determination shared by her comrades. She'll be dead before she gets stuffed back into a chain shirt and servitude.
    "It's always baffling to me that history seems to be full of rich folks paying people to get really good at killing other people, then being surprised when those people, after not being paid, try to kill them instead."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Valgard

    In response to ALdi's question Valgard draws another rune on the floor, this time the rough outline of a bow and quiver. "There you are. Pick it up!"
    Last edited by Simba; 2010-10-07 at 11:27 AM.
    Life's back to normal, more or less. The usual chaos.

    Act well before thinking!


  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar grins and follows Kjersti out the door. Setting his sights on the overseer with the wolf pelts, he charges at the man, greataxe held ready to cut him in half. "For Odin! For Thor!" he yells, working himself into a rage.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charge W., raging 8/8 turns
    Power Attack (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage (1d12+15)[19]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •