Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 672
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show


    Koracks bear lashes its claws at the shaggy beast in front of it, putting it off balance. The Yetis next move brings him into much harms way. Fords falchion slams into his shoulder, and Gunnars sword the other, pinning him in place. Janicks spear seems to not pierce the hide of the thing, but Fengrs claws are able to open its belly and cause it to slump to its knees and its eyes glaze over.

    The two Yeti by the half eaten corpse still seem out of sorts. They both stand their ground, though they look at Korack wearily. There is no telling how long their condition will last, though they are still belching and coughing up green ichor that dribbles down their fur.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    "Now we finish off the weaklings!" Ford rushes over to the nauseated creatures until he is directly between them. His breathing is still heavy as he snorts and growls. The veins in his enormous muscles bulge with anticipation.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack begins to chant once more, this time the chanting is quick and fast paced. His arms and hands weave before him, intricate flowing patterns, almost getting lost in a green blur as the spirits shift around him. His loud booming voice fills the cave as it reverberates off the walls, hitting everyone from all sides.

    His summoned bear after helping take down the previous yeti now moves on to it's next victim as it lumbers forward through the cave.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Korack will cast Mass Snake's Swiftness. All allies within a 20 foot radius of the space just between the two yetis get to make an extra melee or ranged attack. Since we're all acting as once. I assume if anyone is within that range during their turn they get to make the extra attack. So feel free to put it all in one post.

    The bear will move to just under Yeti 2 and attack.

    Attack: (1d20+6)[15] Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

    Bonus attack: (1d20+6)[15] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-04-20 at 11:16 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Well said Ford!" Janick remarks as he moves towards the remaining Yetis directly behind Ford to be in range of both of them.

    When the group begins it's onslaught on the remaining creatures Janick gives out a mighty roar and thrusts his spear with all his might towards the pathetic creatures, his efforts bolstered by the shaman's magick.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Janick will attack the same Yeti everyone else does (my guess is probably Y1), once with his normal attack and another time with Korack's snake's swiftness. Both will be full power attacks.

    (1d20+5)[20]
    damage: (1d8+12)[14]

    (1d20+5)[25]
    damage: (1d8+12)[15]

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Once he is within striking range of his enemy, Ford makes a lightning fast attack.

    Falchion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 5/11
    HP: 60/66
    Standing between Y1 and Y2 (double move = 8 squares)
    Snake's Swiftness attack; power attack for 5; attacking injured one
    Attack: (1d20+7)[9] Damage: (2d4+20)[24]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+7)[19] Add: (2d4+20)[26]

    Cleave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[20] Damage: (2d4+20)[25]
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-04-21 at 08:13 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Agilaz fires of another arrow at the nearest enemy, calling out for the Watcher to aid his movements.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[22], damage: (1d10+6)[8], confirmation (if neccessary): (1d20+11)[27], boosted amount: (2d10+12)[20]
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar

    Seeing the yeti fall to their combined attacks, Gunnar moves to threaten Y2, and feels his muscles surge with Koracks magic, striking out with lightning speed against the monster.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snakes Swiftness attack:
    (1d20+8)[11]
    (2d6+17)[22]


    Fengr

    The totemists claws drip with blood and are stuck with bits of fur. His movements take him with Gunnar, to threaten Y2, the creature shaking its head and seeming to regain its faculties slowly. His claws strike out quickly, Koracks magic fueling their speed

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snakes Swiftness attack:
    (1d20+8)[11]
    (1d4+5)[6]

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show


    Fengr and Gunnar move up to threaten Y2, and Ford moves up to threaten both. The bear moves up as well, swiping Y2 with a viscous claw. Janick moves up to Y1 and sinks his spear into its leg, causing the sickly creature to spurt blood. Agilaz is able to land an arrow into the creature as well.

    Koracks spell ignites action on the battlefield, Gunnar and Fengr finding the burst of speed unwieldy and missing the creature with their attacks. The bear swipes out with its claw and finds Y2 with its talons. Fords swing goes wide as well, and Janicks burst of speed with his spear guts the creature, the attack sending his spear clean through a soft spot in the beasts belly, and it falls away dead.

    Yeti

    regaining its senses the remaining yeti sees the blood of its companions and launches itself at the bear that struck it last.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the bear
    (1d20+10)[19]
    (3d6+6)[15]

    (1d20+5)[10]
    (3d6+6)[15]



    The Yetis dirty sharp claws find the bears hide and slash a jagged line through his fur. The bear takes 15 damage.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford whirls from the momentum of his missed swing. After recentering himself, he steps into the last remaining beast winding up another powerful attack.

    Falchion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 6/11
    HP: 60/66
    power attack for 5
    Attack: (1d20+7)[13] Damage: (2d4+20)[24]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+7)[22] Add: (2d4+20)[24]

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Blasted ice," Janick murmurs to himself as he carefully makes his way across the slippery floor trying to make his way over to attack the remaining beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Janick will move over the ice and makes a balance check:

    (1d20-6)[8]

    If he makes it he will attack the Yeti with another full power attack:

    (1d20+5)[8]
    damage: (1d8+12)[20]

    If crit is threatened:
    (1d20+5)[6]
    damage: (1d8+12)[14] + (1d8+12)[16]

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Agilaz plants his bow firmly, drawing and loosing an arrow at the beast.

    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[15]
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As Korack watches the battle rage on the bear he has summoned once again strikes out at the Yeti.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry was hoping someone else would take out the yeti, dang whiffs!

    Full Attack:
    Claw1: (1d20+6)[10] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Claw2: (1d20+6)[17] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Bite: (1d20+1)[5] Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

    Korack's too far away from the Yeti to attack and I'd rather not waste a spell and no one is really too hurt at the moment. So he'll... cheer everyone else on.
    Also next turn will be the bear's last before he poofs... if he lives that long.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar

    The bear skin clad barbarian roars at the yeti in front of him and his greatsword comes arcing down, his powerful arms seeking to end the beast.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[22]
    (2d6+17)[25]


    Fengr

    The crazed totemist finally finds himself in front of the final foe, ferocity fueling his furious claws.


    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[22]
    (1d4+5)[7]

    (1d20+6)[21]
    (1d4+5)[6]


    (1d20+6)[16]
    (1d4+5)[7]

    (1d20+6)[18]
    (1d4+5)[7]

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Fengr and Gunnar are able to rend the final Yeti with their attacks, their weapons and claws stained with blood and tufts of fur. the cavern is painted with red now, it's pristine bluish white floor and walls no longer so clean.

    A sound is heard inside the cave. It echoes off the walls and rebounds, making it hard to discern where it comes from exactly, though there is only one way to go. Deeper into the cave.

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen checks if you want to try and identify the noise.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[19]
    "Anyone else hearin' that?"
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-04-28 at 10:48 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Janick closes his eyes and concentrates on the noise trying to determine it's nature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check:

    (1d20+6)[15]

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The noise is thrumming, a rhythmic sound that reverberates off the icy walls. It comes to you then, the noise is...a great snoring. The cave bends away out of sight past where the Yeti had made their makeshift lair.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As Korack tries to make out the sound, he shrugs, assuming everyone else heard it as well. "Well seems like there's only one way to go and that's deeper into the cave. How is everyone? Anyone badly hurt after that scuffle?" His eyes dart to his various companions as he tries to assess their wounds for himself.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford catches his breath and relaxes a bit. "All fine here, friend. I reckon we head on in deeper. Lets hope that sound be the giant feller we're here to meet."

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    After some deliberation the Totemist decides to move forward, and when Fengr moves through the adjoining cave he sees nothing but small patches of ice. Around the next corner he spies a great Frost Giant. It sits in the corner of the room, a great seat of Ice carved into the wall.

    There the Giant sits and sleeps, its dark blue hair frosted with pieces of ice, his dark beard the same. Hands sitting on the arms of the ice throne, a thin sheet of ice having formed over the entirety of the giants lower body. Torch light bounces around the room but seems not to disturb the snoring giant.

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As Korack glances over the the giant covered in ice, he comments to the rest of the group, "I sure hope that's natural for them. I confess I don't really know much about ice giants. What do you all think, shall we attempt to wake him or make ourselves comfy until he awakes himself? I'd rather not anger him if we can help it, since we are here seeking his favor." As he finishes talking, his words frost in the air before him as wisps.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    "I'm guessin' the big feller's snug as a bug right about now. I say we dont wait around long, I aint too comfortable myself."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-05-03 at 01:48 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As the party deliberates about the sleeping Giant his snores stop, turning to a slight snort and then a booming cough. Ice cracks and shatters, showering the surrounding area with flecks of the cold stuff, as the giants hand breaks the ice that had imprisoned it during his slumber and that hand comes up to rub at his eyes.

    Those eyes slide open and his mouth cracks into a wide yawn. Looking down he tilts his head, ice cracking around him and sending another shower of the stuff around the cavern. His voice is heard then, a deep basso tone ringing off the icy caverns walls.

    "Ah, more of Nelgaards sons come to seek council from old Jord...Allow me a moment to rise from my slumber..."

    With that he rose from his seat, the ice around him cracking and falling to the floor, great chunks of the stuff smashing on the floor around him, and once standing he brushed a hand back through his hair, and shook his head to clear his beard, ice particles spattering the party, no damage done, but plenty of ice to brush off themselves.


    "I bet that old tree worshiper Fafnal sent you up here, just like the last. How is old Fafnal doing anyway? Where are my manners, come have a brew."

    He shook his head and turned, nodding for the party to follow him deeper into the cave. Inside the adjoining chambers can be seen a well used living area, many icy tables, chairs and various things of giant size set up.

    In the second area can be seen a huge forge, carved of a deep icy blue stone that almost looks like thick ice. Its stacks rise up into the ceiling of the cave, sure to come out the top somewhere, and break into daylight. Tools and giant sized weapons strewn about along with raw materials for crafting such.

    Jordmundjur sits at a table, reaching over and pouring a great tankard, sized for his hand with frosty brewed ale and offers it to each fo them to dip their drinking horns into if they wish.

    "There we are...now, what brings you boys this far into the foothills of Olafspeak?"

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford whispers to his mates, "Nice enough feller, eh?" then dips his horn in the giant sized mug of ale.

    "Well, ye pretty much got it. Were on sort of a journey. Its a bit confusin' to ole' Ford, but Im just glad to be a part of it. We went to see Fafnal, but dun got our fine blades banged up by a big beastie. Some sorta slithery hot critter, a Remo-somethin'. The good folks of Nelgaard say you're quite the smith, and by the looks of this place, I reckon ye be."

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Everything our friend Ford says is true, we fought a beast that attacked Fafnal and he suggested coming to you for aid in the form of strong weapons, since the beast destroyed many of ours."

    Janick also dips his horn in the mug.

    "Much appreciated for the hospitality by the way."

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Listening to what Ford and Janick have to say Jordmudjur takes a long drink from his tankard, making sure to allow anyone in need to fill their drinking horns.

    "Indeed Fafnal is a strong soul for one so small. Sounds to me like he fought a heated worm, a remorhaaz. Foul things, I sometimes I have to squash them when they tunnel into my lair. I was roused from my slumber by the sound of your battle with what, Yeti it sounded like? Furry oafs often take refuge from the mountains storms inside my caves, usually only when I take my extended naps it seems."

    He grinned wide at the mention of his hospitality

    "In my older years I've come much more accustomed to the smaller folk. Some of my younger kin can be head strong and have much fighting in their veins, but I prefer to drink in peace and see old Nelgaard in the hands of the fairer races. Anything is better than the damnable fire giants."

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack dipped in his drinking horn and a took a slow long gulp of the drink. "Yes Fafnal seemed strong when we met him. Also I'm glad those Yetis weren't something more dear to you. You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but I know very little of Frost Giants." He paused for a second, not sure if what he had just said was rude or not, but nonetheless he continued.

    "The others are correct though, we were sent here because we heard you could aid our cause and any such aid would be most welcome. War rages on and we need all the help we can get."

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The giants mouth turned to a firm line, his moustache covered in the thick foamy head of the brew he drank. His tongue curled out to clear it away and he set the cup down within reach of his smaller guests.

    "Ah weaponry. I used to forge weapons as my only way to pass the time. When the Frost giants would gather a war party to come down from the mountains and stymie the advances of Ferjorns fire giants to the south east. That was some years before men and elves, dwarves and others came to take hold in mighty Nelgaard."

    His look turned introspective as if the old frost giant were bringing up memories he hadn't delved into in some time.

    "I turned to forging weapons for the great kings of Nelgaard, Fangoren, even Elsimar...this was long before these times of troubles. My forge churned out some of the finest weapons made for hundreds of miles. I fear now that the touch has gone out of my hands, and most assuredly the fire has gone out of my forge."

    His face became grim and he looked down to the gathered companions and then continued.

    "I won't dash your hopes just yet little sons. My forge may burn anew. There is an island halfway between Nelgaards western shore and Fangoren. the old King, Ragthorn had a great castle built upon the small island, to horde some of his riches, and protect a portion of his treasure from harm. It has since fallen into disrepair, but still holds a great and wondrous site that the Einherjar have used in the past for their great sporting battles.

    Yes it is true, the Einherjar do indeed visit our land and wage their mock wars, keeping themselves ready for Ragnarok...It is said they were tasked by Oden on one of these forays to hide an essence of great power, a piece of the power that was used to forge the world. The essence of Fire was placed inside King Ragthorns great vault, protected by Aesir magicks.

    I fear to give you sons this quest. I know of the plight of the northlands, of Elsimars horde that marches at the behest of Lopt the treacherous, of the black blade that he wields. Hiemdall and I have sat at length and discussed the moves that must be made. I loathe sending good warriors into such dangerous lands, but a mere droplet of the essence of fire could power my forge for enough time that I could produce weapons to help in this battle.

    You must be warned. The great druid Tejhnar sent groups of warriors much like yourself to work against the Elsimar horde. One of those such groups came to me, some months ago to petition for my aide much as you have. I sent them to king Ragthorns island. They have no returned."


    He went silent then and looked at each of those gathered before him in turn.

    "If you wish to undertake this quest do not do so lightly. There is a town called Dagothar on the western banks of Nelgaard, there you can find a vessel to take you to the island, I am sure of it. If you accept, I have a special container, wrought of magic that will house a piece of the essence, keeping it safe for transport."

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    "Well, sounds to me like the Groms be speakin' from experience. I dont doubt yer weapons be as good as they say and I dont doubt that we can get yer essence neither. We will head out as soon as ye like, and you can count on that forge to be burnin hot in no time!"

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The giant laughed heartily, looking among the gathered group and he quieted down once again before speaking, standing slowly and sweeping an arm to the side.

    "Go sons of Nelgaard, Dagothar awaits you. One final word to you though, and I feel that you may be able to do me a service in your journey. There is a brash young tribesman who lives in the hills nearby. He has sought the same as you, to have old Jord forge him a weapon of power to aide in these coming battles. He has journeyed to Dagothar some time ago, with the same intent. I bade him to take companions but he is head strong, and went on ahead by himself.

    If you see this stocky young man, try and gain his confidence, his head strong ways may be better pointed at the coming horde if he is surrounded by a group with such a noble cause. Know him by his stature, and his hair that shares color with my won...blue like the deep ice of the caves."


    With that he bade the group to leave him, lest he return to his slumber to await their return.

    Everyone!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gunnar recieves a Sending spell from Tejhnar. His father was wounded on the south east front. Gunnar returns to Brummundal to see to his father, and to then go to the south east front to accompany his brothers in the fight against the fire giants.

    Fengr remains, but has become the Horse/Cart/Baggage handler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •